Author Topic: #FreeSeleana2021  (Read 697 times)

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
#FreeSeleana2021
« on: July 30, 2021, 05:14:28 PM »
Off-Camera

Friday, July 30, 2021
Annis Residence
San Clemente, California
9:00 AM  PDT

The drive had been a nice one.

Which was a shock considering how Los Angeles traffic usually is. But today had been different. Seleana Zdunich had flown back to L.A. from Las Vegas the morning before and spent most of the day Thursday at the Zoological Gardens, looking over things and generally seeing how things were going there.

Today was a different trip.

Today, she was traveling to the home of her stepdaughter and daughter-in-law, SCU wrestler Haylie Jo “Halo” Annis and SCW manager Brittany Williams-Annis. This was usually a phone call she made every week, along with calls to her stepson,  SCW wrestler Brayden Hilton and his wife Sofia Rojas, her mother-in-law Mary Hilton, her parents back home in Halmstad, Sweden and her sisters in New Orleans. The family was important to her and so she made time for them every week.

Today, she would make the time in person.

She pulls her Maserati up to the driveway and punches in the code to allow her through the gate. Pulling up to Halo’s beloved Ford F-150 Raptor, Seleana parks and can’t help but smile as the young blonde woman merges from the door.

Seleana: Heya, Chickie, how’s it?

Halo: Hey, Mama Sel!

The two women come together and hug each other.

Seleana: You are well, ja?

Halo nods, running a hand through her long sun-kissed hair.

Halo: Yeah, it’s just weird how empty the place is just as y’all pull up.

Seleana looks on in curiosity.

Seleana: Empty?

Halo nods almost apologetically.

Halo: Brittany went to a training sesh with Brayden, probably to smack him some. You know how they tend to get ahead of themselves and think they’re right and their way is the only way and they ain’t really gotta put effort in…

Laughing, Seleana can’t help but nod in agreement.

Seleana: Ja, it is true. Brittany has always gotten full of herself, sometimes to her detriment and I fear Brayden is the same.  They take after both of their parents this way.

Halo nods knowingly.

Halo: Patience damn sure ain’t one of their virtues.

The two share a laugh together and then Seleana nods to the house.

Seleana: Your other roommates are not here?

Halo shrugs.

Halo: I don’t rightly know where Jane and Chi Chi are. Cheech done got up all excited like after she got a text and went runnin’ outta here like a hyped-up possessed banshee. Her mouth was goin’ a hundred miles an hour but I’m not sure there were any actual words comin’ out. Just sounded like happy squeals about somethin’ comin’ in. Jane just kinda frowned and went with it cause i think she didn’t want Cheech wanderin’ off by herself. Ain’t no knowin’ what kinda trouble that one would find in town if left to her own devices.

She pauses and then shrugs.

Halo: I mean, it’s better here than it would be back in Tullahoma. Her tats, piercin’s, blue hair and bein’ Japanese would probably not play well there. Here, I mean, it ain’t normal but it ain’t that crazy either considerin’ the shit they know up the road in L.A.

Seleana smiles sadly.

Seleana: This is true.

Halo nods knowingly.

Halo: That blue Fast and Furious car Miss Doku got her ain’t help. I mean, it matches her hair but it also just screams “Imma go like a bat outta hell now!”

She pauses to indicate eleana’s car.

Halo: We go find ‘em in your car, she’s gonna wanna race ya.

Seleana nods slowly, acceptingly.

Seleana: Perhaps we go look in your truck then, ja?

Halo nods, twirling her keyring.

Halo: Already got the keys, Cheech said she was pickin’ something up at the print shop near the grocery not far from here so, we at least know where to start.

Seleana nods and motions at the big truck.

Seleana: Lead way, ja?

Halo walks over to the truck, unlocks it and climbs into the driver’s seat. Seleana climbs up into the passenger seat. Halo fires the truck up and they pull out of the garage. She turns and within a few minutes, they are pulling into the actual “town” part of the area. As they pull into the parking lot of the print shop, they see the spoiler attached to the very blue Honda Civic owned by Chiaki Sanada that they were looking for.

Halo: Alrighty, there’s her car. She can’t have gone that far without it then.

Seleana nods as the truck pulls into the next space to the right of the blue Civic. Halo turns the vehicle off and the two women exit their seats. Halo locks the truck up and the two start looking around.

Halo: I’m not seein’ nothin’ here.

Seleana looks around and sees a slight commotion a few blocks up.

Seleana: There? 

Halo looks and shrugs.

Halo: Worth a try, y’all got your walkin’ shoes on?

Seleana smiles back.

Seleana: Ja, let us go.

They start walking down the sidewalk and at the end of the first block, the people passing them start gawking in shock at Seleana. Halo frowns after the fifth one to do so keeps walking by.

Halo: What in the sam fuckin’ hell is goin’ on here?

Seleana shrugs as they continue on. A second later, a woman comes walking their way and stops in her tracks. She does a double take and then walks up and hugs Seleana.

Woman: It’ll be alright, Sweetheart. Stay strong.

The woman steps back, nods to Seleana and then to Halo as well before continuing on down the road.

Seleana: Vad var det? 

She turns to Halo.

Seleana: Does she mistake for someone else?

Dumbfounded, Halo can only shrug. Seleana frowns as a second woman comes running up to her.

Woman #2: Oh you poor dear!

The second woman hugs Seleana just as the first one had. As she backs up, she drops a piece of paper and walks on. Halo bends down and picks up the paper to find it’s a political style flyer with Seleana and her wife’s pictures on it and the words “Free Seleana!” in gigantic print at the top. The picture of Seleana is a demure, sweet and beautiful shot of her while the picture of Crystal has devil horns added to her head with a look of pure arrogance on her face.  At the bottom the flyer reads, “Join the movement! Sign the petition!  #FreeSeleana2021” Halo’s mouth falls open in shock.

Halo: Fuckin’ hell…

Seleana looks over and quickly scans over the flyer.   

Seleana: Vad?

Halo nods to the teeming group of people in front of them.

Halo: Chi Chi… it’s gotta be…

Seleana looks from the flyer to Halo. 

Seleana: She is no fan of Christina?

Halo shrugs.

Halo: She was in WWA against Mariella and the Pretty Committee. You remember the shit they done did to her old home?

Seleana nods.

Seleana: They destroy the RV she and Jane live in and steal Baby.

Halo nods knowingly.

Halo: The home thing was bad enough, but stealin’ their kitten? Dude…

Seleana nods, looking back to the flyer.

Seleana: And Mariella is Christina’s sister…

Halo nods.

Halo: And had Mama Chrys pick that fight with Aunt Eavan when she was ‘sposed to be too injured to fight next to you with Aunt Z to defend them trios championships. Made Brit do it in her place. Cheech ain’t been a fan since…

Seleana nods slowly.

Seleana: I understand.

The two start walking again and continue getting the looks from everyone who passes. Two more women hug Seleana sympathetically before they reach the corner of the next block. There they see Chi Chi sitting at a table that almost looks like a desk with a stack of papers on it and another in front of her along with hats, buttons and t-shirts. A few feet ahead of her, Jane stands in a pair of pants and a sports bra, her thing showing at the top of her pants, a button that reads “#FreeSeleana2021” affixed to both her bra and her thong. Jane is almost dancing as she calls out to everybody in earshot to come to the table and, “sign the petition!”   

Halo: Petition?

Seleana: Petition for what?

Halo shrugs.

Halo: I have a feelin’ we ‘bout to find out…

The two walk over and step right up to the desk.

Seleana: Petition, ja?

The guy at the front of the line glares angrily at them.

Man: Hey, wait your…

Recognition dawns and his entire demeanor changes.

Man: Oh my God, it’s her!

Quickly the line disperses and the people all surround Seleana. Within seconds, a chant of “FREE SELEANA!” goes up that Jane quickly starts egging on. A new line quickly forms up and a few minutes later, every button, hat, shirt and flyer have disappeared. Jane comes over and grins at Chi Chi.

Jane: That went better than I thought it would!

Chiaki: Chi Chi make bank on dem bishes!  Get numbers too we can sell for more bank!

Jane: Any cute ones?

Chiaki: Chi Chi keep separate list!

Halo just shakes her head.

Halo: This is what y’all been doin’ today?

Jane and Chi Chi both smile.

Chiaki: Chi Chi get signatures! Fakk that Crystal bish!

Seleana is finally able to pull herself away from the people and come over.

Seleana: Petition, ja?

Chi Chi nods enthusiastically and shows it to her with glee. Seleana reads it and slowly reads the words. When she finishes, she slowly looks up.

Seleana: Tror du att Christina är en fitta?

Chi Chi doesn’t even blink.

Chiaki: Fakk that bish, she no good!

Seleana nods almost absently as she looks back down to the petition. Before she can say anything else, Jane and Chi Chi scoop up their money and start walking quickly back towards Chi Chi’s car. Halo leans over and pats Seleana on the back.

Halo: Y’all ok, Mama Sel?

Seleana continues to stare quietly at the petition for what seems like years. Finally, she slowly looks up and stares at the chair that had formerly been occupied by Chi Chi.

Seleana: Gör de höns av fjädrar? Det är sanningen?

Halo frowns, concern written all over her face.

Halo: Mama Sel?

Seleana inhales deeply.

Seleana: I do not know…

Halo nods slowly.

Seleana: We should go, ja?

Halo nods in agreement and the two start walking back to the truck. As they go, they suddenly see the flyers posted on every building.

Halo: Been busy…

Seleana can only nod. The two continue back to the truck and get in, Seleana remaining quiet as the truck starts.

Halo: It’s gonna be alright, Mama Sel.

Seleana nods slowly.

Seleana: Ja…

Halo starts the truck up and they drive back to her house, Seleana silently pondering the future as they go.

Halo: Really, Mama Sel, it’s gonna be alright.

Seleana manages a slight nod.

Seleana: Ja.

On-Camera

Friday, July 30, 2021
Back Encounter Cage
Zdunich Zoological Gardens
Los Angeles, California
7:00 PM  PDT

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich standing in the cage in the back where the medical staff of the Zdunich Zoological deal with either hand-feeding of animals or encounters with injured or sick animals. It’s also where Seleana tends to meet the one she has raised from a cub, the lioness, Sarabi.

A few seconds after the camera goes on, a door opens and allows Sarabi to enter. Sarabi excitedly runs up to Seleana and jumps up onto her, landing her front paws onto Seleana’s shoulders.

Seleana: Heya, how’s it?

Sarabi is too excited and just starts to hug and move about, unable to stop or even slow herself down. Seleana simply starts to laugh at the big cat’s enthusiasm.

Seleana: I love you too!

As Sarabi tries to jump up and pounce, Seleana deftly swings with her and the two land on the ground together. Seleana starts to rub sarabi’s belly and the lioness starts almost purring.

Seleana: Ja, you like?

She giggles and nods to the camera.

Seleana: I have dealt with the Lioness many times before. I know what to expect and how much she wants things. I can take nothing from her. Alicia Lukas has always won by working harder than everyone else. She shows a furious desire that few can match and that is all before you ever get into any of her techniques…

She continues to rub the tummy of the still-purring sarabi and grins.

Seleana: Min vackra flicka! Jag älskar dig!

Seleana’s other hand comes in and starts to get in on the act and Sarabi visibly relaxes.

Seleana: Alicia has been the top of the food chain since her arrival in SCW. Even when she was not champion, she was still the top. Those holding the spot and thinking they had usurped her either just did not know what was coming or did not wish to admit they were sitting in her chair.

Seleana grins at Sarabi and purrs back at her.

Seleana: Ja?

She nods, still grinning.

Seleana: I myself sat in Alicia’s chair for a time, but it was never really mine, ja?

She nods to the camera even as she continues to rub Sarabi.

Seleana: The secret to handling a lioness is to know how to calm her but also to remember, she is still the Lioness no matter what happens. There are those who think they can tame her…

She shakes her head.     

Seleana: Alicia is still the Lioness no matter what her most recent past says. She is still the top of the food chain…

She shrugs almost apologetically to the camera.

Seleana: She simply lost her way for a time.

Her hand moves up and scritches Sarabi on the head while the other continues to rub the big cat’s tummy and Sarabi continues to purr happily.

Seleana: But anyone who thinks the Lioness was a good little house kitty…

She shakes her head in an almost disappointed manner.

Seleana: You did not know what you were talking about, ja?

Seleana just shakes her head as if this is the single stupidest thing he has ever heard in her life.

Seleana: She returns to her roots…

A small smile comes across Seleana’s face.

Seleana: The Lioness roars again and everyone acts like they did not know that was in there. They act as if it should be a surprise when the Lioness surveys her prey and only sees walking fresh meat that simply does not know it is already dead. 

She shakes her head and leans down to kiss Sarabi.

Seleana: It was always so…

A small chuckle escapes her lips.

Seleana: Välkommen tillbaka till djungeln…

Looking into the camera, Seleana nods almost lovingly.

Seleana: You have been missed, Lioness, welcome home.