Author Topic: Amber Ryan v Seleana Zdunich  (Read 1983 times)

Offline Mark Ward

• Not just a boss, THE boss
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hot Stuff Mark Ward
Amber Ryan v Seleana Zdunich
« on: January 17, 2021, 03:06:43 PM »
Post all roleplays for this match here.
Limits: 1 roleplay per week, per character, 10,000 limit.

Good luck!
>

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee

*NOTE: No longer giving feedback, if you wasn't good enough, you wouldn't be here.
No longer doing show reviews, I already know we're that damn good!

Offline DistortedAngel

• View Profile
    • Amber Ryan
... The Dynamics Of Family ...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 10:04:19 AM »
“You go into the office and take a book or two from the shelves. You read a few lines, like your life depended on reading 'em right. But you know your life doesn't depend on anything that makes sense, and you wonder where in the hell you got the idea it did' and you begin to get sore.”
― Jim Thompson, The Killer Inside Me

Jerry’s Family Diner
Stillwater, MN
6:24pm

Breathing deep, the air tasted like too much cinnamon.

Amber presumed quietly that it was an attempt to make the place more homely, however she couldn’t quite shake the spiced aroma lodged somewhere between her sinuses and the back of her throat while brown sugar seemed to cling faintly to her skin.
Tacky memorabilia and the throwback uniforms did little to ease the not-so subtle old school Americana feeling the diner was going for- even the waitress, with dark curls tumbling around her face and brown eyes that seemed a little too warm for someone long term in the hospitality industry, fed into the heavy nostalgia. With a forced midwestern twang despite the fact she sounded straight off a Florida beach in the summer, she leaned over the table a little more, trying to personalize the experience.

“So where are you guys travelling from?”

Small talk had always made Amber feel supremely uncomfortable, hell- just the idea of exchanging nothing pleasantries that no one cared about seemed like such a pointless venture. She was sure if she thought about it for too long, that she might break out in hives and instead went back to silently trying to dislodge the cinnamon stained air bubble making her nose twitch.
Scratching at a worn, chipped table edge, Amber had drawn the approximation of a smiley face- a grotesque attempt to memorialize the overbearing smile and sickly laughter of the woman fawning over them cause they were the only table still occupied.

“Ah, we’re just passing through.”

Amber had learned early on to never mention that they were carnies- everyone had a negative story about getting swindled or pickpocketed or a farcical claim that they, and they alone, had figured out how to beat all the games before being utterly humiliated when attempting to put them into practice. Grizz was absolutely sure not to mention that they’d been through this area just the year before and had incited a small riot, granted it wasn't his fault… or so the story went.
Either way, the waitress seemed to pay his response little mind- flitting around the table some more as though her continued presence might increase the size of her tip.

If Amber, even at 13, had her way the woman would have gotten nothing… overbearing and hyper friendly to the point it was nauseating, she had no doubt that Cassidy, sitting across from her in the booth beside her father, would be mimicking the waitresses voice for hours to come...
Still, Grizz always tipped well- he was a stickler for such things, as she’d come to learn from the aging carny...

“Service is a two way street Bambi, we give and receive in kind.”

“Delightful.”

“Unless they’re a cunt. Obviously.”

Small talk continued much to Amber’s growing chagrin, she was running out of memorabilia to examine and might be forced to actually partake in the dull conversation, if it ever made it that far. Brushing her hair from her face with more flourish than what was required, the waitress leaned further across the table as though making absolutely sure she was within both of the girls sightlines- Cassidy, in her usual enthusiastic fashion, seemed more than content to partake.

School came up briefly, hobbies and boys followed- it seemed like the world was a far more exciting place when you were 10 years old.

Amber’s skin prickled as the waitress turned her attention to the impassive redhead- at this point she’d only been on the road for a couple months but had already found preference in the solitude and social distance that came with their reputations. She didn’t need to forge meaningful connections that wouldn’t last, no need to wear a proverbial mask in an attempt to fit into a category for people who had no right to judge. As far as tonight was concerned, she’d never have to speak to this woman again- and frankly, Amber greatly preferred it that way.

“You’re very quiet.”

Shut up.

“It must be quite the adventure, you know,  all this travelling.”

It wasn’t.

“You sure seem like you’re having a great time.”

God, Amber could almost feel the lack of interest crawling up the back of her neck.

Finding no purchase with the apathetic redhead, who’d barely given her more than a deliberate eyebrow raise for her efforts, the waitress straightened up again and turned back towards Grizz with a saccharine smile.

“... your daughters are very lucky little ladies…”

God, just fucking shut up.

Please.

“We aren’t sisters, Miss.”

Cassidy had perfected the matter-of-factly tone, but her use of it left a lot to be desired. Amber knew that it wasn't intended to offend, however those words cut through the air so swiftly, Amber could have sworn she saw cinnamon dust falling to the floor.
Something inside Amber’s chest tightened, like a hand had taken her ribcage and gently squeezed, as she averted her eyes before they started to well up.

Fuck.

Maybe if she started at the tacky, memorabilia laden walls for long enough, she might just sink into the seat and everyone would forget she ever existed…

It wasn’t like it wasn’t true- they weren’t blood, they weren’t even remotely related. Grizz had taken her in like a stray - maybe that's what made it easy to forget that they weren’t really family. Yeah, it didn’t make it fucking hurt any less to hear out loud.

“I’m Cassidy and this is Amber- but we call her ‘Bambi’. She’s my best friend, which I guess is kinda like a sister, but better.”

A smile across falsely peach coloured lips softened with the tension, Amber could make out the tic in the waitresses face as she struggled to dredge up a response.

“Bambi, what a delightful nickname.”

No.

NO.

No one else was allowed to call her that.

Amber’s fingers twitched into a loose fist instinctively, violence wasn’t just a reaction- it was her only one. The only one she could rely upon that didn’t leave her feeling empty and frustrated afterwards cause at least pain and guilt might somehow fill the void. Of course the waitress didn’t know better, it’d be irrational to strike out- but Amber wasn’t the rational type, she was the type to fly into a fury cause it's the only way she knew to handle the ways she felt.

“Would you girls like an ice-cream sundae? On the house of course.”

Guilt was a powerful motivator and bribery did a great job disguising tension- Cassidy gleefully agreed, her lack of hesitation matched only by the excitement cause ice cream. Obviously. Once again though, in the midst of silence, eyes fell back onto the redhead as she loosened her fist and returned to the chipped smiley face on the tables edge.

“No, thank you.”

Surprised to the point of shock, the waitress feigned offense.

“I’ve never met a girl who didn’t like ice-cream.”

“It makes me sick… and I don’t really feel like throwing up tonight.”

Amber responded without missing a beat, her tone hushed yet assertive.

“How about…”

There was a thoughtful pause where there didn’t need to be one.

“... I just get you a small one, and if you don’t like it then it's no harm, no foul.”

With a spring in her step and a returning smile, the waitress took her leave- Amber could have sworn in that moment that it might have been followed with the first real breath she’d taken in minutes. With a disappointed frown, Amber quickly realized her distraction had led to a larger than anticipated chunk coming off one of the smiley faces eyes- now they were uneven and that just wouldn’t do.

“Hey Bambi?”

Amber contemplated for a moment whether to respond, she didn’t much feel like conversing and yet the sheer lack of distance between them didn’t leave a lot of options for feigned ignorance.

“Yeah?”

“Do you miss them?”

“Who?”

“Your family.”

Whatever unseen hand gripped her chest, the fingers closed tighter- like her ribs might start to groan and crack under the pressure and her heart might burst if only so that it might finally stop hurting for a moment. Cassidy looked at her thoughtfully, she was young… naive… she only meant the best, but man… She really knew how to stick a knife in and twist it.

“Bambi is family. Sure, I might not be her Dad and your mother might not be the same as hers…”

Grizz stopped for a moment, measuring his words as though expecting an interruption.

“... but family, it isn’t necessarily who you grow up with… It's who you grow as a person with. Everyone who travels with us, who works with us and lives with us. Sure, they all have their own mothers and fathers, maybe even grandparents who love them with all their hearts- but they are still our family cause we’d do anything for them, and they’d do anything for us.
I have no doubt, that if we ever needed it- Bambi would never let us down…”

There was a warmth in Grizz’s smile that even the sun couldn’t replicate on its brightest day and his words stitched the cracked pieces of her very being back together one thread at a time- he’d taken a chance on her, and she’d do anything to prove that it wasn’t a mistake.

To prove that he’d never regret bringing her into their lives.

Cassidy nodded in agreement, maybe the depth of the words was lost on her but the heartfelt nature wasn’t. With a small, outstretched hand- Cassidy beckoned for Amber for their hands to meet somewhere just passed the middle. Fingers interlacing unevenly, tightly as though they’d never let go.

“Sisters, but better.”

Another moment passed as Cassidy squeezed Amber’s hand as tight as she might manage, the strain showing beneath her pale, freckled skin.

“Hey Bambi?”

“Hey, yeah”

“Do you wonder if they miss you?”

Another pause, this time longer and more pensive- and the response, far less sure as the waitress emerged with ice-cream laden bowls and a smile that made Amber wanna throw up on the spot.

“I dunno… Maybe.”

“For the longest time, I always thought I didn’t need anyone.

I thought that family was overrated, a glaring chink in an otherwise impenertrable armour- that people couldn’t get to me if I didn’t have anyone in my life that could be targetted or exploited. It's weird cause I’d come up against all these people who drew on that familial strength, I’d scoff when they’d proclaim that the people they cared about made them stronger- I’d call bullshit on all of it.

All I could see were the weakness, the flaws. Reasons why they were wrong…

… and if you don’t think I went after them? Well…

Family for me was a foreign concept for so long that I couldn’t wrap my head around why it was so important to people- I mean after all, I was achieving the same things as them, if not more without the proverbial anchor of someone else's morality chained around my ankles.
If you had faced me 5 years ago Seleana, I’d stand here and tell you that the love you have for your wife, your siblings, your parents- all those people who give you that undeniable and unending love and support you so cherish… That it was holding you back. They… were holding you back.

I’d have threatened their lives, broken down your relationships into pieces not even worth feeding to starving strays- I’d have taken all those beautiful things and set them alight cause, for at least a little while, the warmth would stave off my bitterness.

You could call it a side effect of being alone.

I don’t say these things because I want pity, I don’t expect you to understand or get on my level- see, I lost my Mom very young. All I have are photos and this face kinda hazy in my mind, she's always smiling even if I can’t quite make out the nuances of her face beyond the angles of an old photograph.
I was raised by my Aunt and Uncle who separated when I was seven, I stayed with my Aunt until some busybodys at the local hospital thought it was weird I broke my arm falling out of the same tree twice in 6 months.

I did, for the record, fall out of that tree.

My Aunt had her issues though, and I wasn’t an easy kid to raise. Far too independent, too stubborn and pig-headed to allow anyone to help me cause I didn’t think I needed them. Young, dumb, stupid, irrational. I had big dreams, wanted to be a pro-wrestler like I watched on videos…
Should have seen me, Seleana- a fearsome little 10 year old redhead, like a twig with a bad attitude picking fights with kids, cause they’re little assholes who’ll needle a weakness until you snap.
Years upon fucking years, I went around with this perspective that family meant nothing- that blood was only good for spilling and it was toxic.

Kinda still is.

Like I said though, I don’t say things for pity or understanding, I don’t want you to think I expect you to feel sorry- quite the opposite if anything. I want you to understand my perspective before I put everything you know and everything you think you fight for and shove it down the throat of a roaring woodchipper.

I like to believe you love your family- don’t you?

Your parents, your siblings, your half cousins dogs neighbour that swore they were only staying for three days but is still crashing on your couch four months after the fact claiming they’ll go look for a job next week. You truly adore them, I can see that in the way you talk about them- the way you make your existence about keeping all of them happy.
I bet, despite all logic screaming blindly otherwise, you even love your wife…

Sure, she’s a walking dumpster fire that literally self-destructs anything good you might try to bring into your lives and can’t possibly go two minutes without being the centre of attention cause she might literally explode and we know that kinda toxic mess isn’t coming out of the carpet.
… but she’s your wife and that makes everything okay. Right?

They support you and your… career? Oh yeah, you’ve been Bombshells champion- but so has three quarters of the roster, it's not so special when you were champion during the pass-the parcel phase. Did you get a chocolate as well with your turn, something sweet to make up for that turn around cause the next person wanted their shot to hold the belt just when you got comfortable with the weight?
They support your downward slope into supporting bit player to your wife's constant telenovela style drama- throw in an evil twin and a landslide and you might even get an award for playing ‘long suffering spouse #3’.

They support you, cause that's what family does… right?

That's where I was wrong before- I used to think that family were the weak point, the hole in your plot to success and a loophole begging to be exploited mercilessly.

Except, it's not them.

It’s you.

You’re the problem.

See, you want everyone to believe that you’re good enough to be atop that mountain again- but instead of dropping dead weight, you embrace it and try to drag it up with you. You’d rather flail around with the dregs but be seen as the ‘loving and supportive’ spouse while your errant, self-sabotaging wife gets the opportunities you’ve worked for.
You expect to be taken seriously but what is it you’ve done to earn that recently… Your resume is looking a little sparse, and sure we met in that triple threat- you didn’t take the loss, but you didn’t win either. Like everything else in your career recently Seleana- you’re just… there.

You exist and you contribute nothing.

Yet your family, your support system backs you 100% and you do absolutely nothing with it.

If I didn’t care so fucking little, I might actually be sick.

It's only in recent years I’ve come to appreciate what that love and support truly means, and I’ve had to rebuild my network and my relationships from scratch- and to see you waste, to see you squander what is given so freely and without conditions just really fucking upsets me.
You have so much at your back, a proverbial hurricane of potential and appreciation and instead you focus your attention on making sure that disasterpiece you wed makes it to the ring without getting distracted by a goddamn mirror.

You truly don't appreciate what you have till it's gone- but for you… I think it's already too late.

I wanna say you deserve so much better, but you made this bed… You dug this hole and you willingly threw yourself headfirst into it, knowing it was going to ruin everything you’ve worked so hard to build- and all so your wife can inevitably ruin the best thing that's happened to her since she learned that your life really does revolve around her.

To think- the reputation, the resume, the legacy of Seleana Zdunich…

...  means absolutely nothing now.”

Amber’s Apartment
Atlantic City, NJ
20/01/2021
6:09am

Maybe it was a mistake.

Amber, with her feet propped lazily between the wrought iron bars of the railing on her balcony, could argue though that her entire career consisted solely of carelessly constructed mistakes and sheer stubbornness- a jenga of unlikely successes that had more than once come tumbling down around her.
There wasn’t a concrete reason why she felt the need to return- it wasn’t as though the industry particularly needed her, no specific happening that drew her back from the brink once again- with enough time, no doubt, she'd fade into quiet irrelevance and the world would be far better off for it.

So… why return?

That was the burning question, the one that seemed that sat behind her sternum turning anything of importance to cinder.

With a heavy sigh, Amber pulled her feet back through the bars whilst trying to ignore the faint damp that had overtaken her socks in the meantime. It wasn't as though she really had anything to prove- after all, the matches… no, the wars… with Roxi had been groundbreaking. They’d set the bar far higher for everyone who tried to follow them and created a new standard for a burgeoning new year.
Hell, Amber fucking won that war.
If it weren't for injury, there would be little doubt that she’d be topping the Inception card in a match for the Bombshells title- or already be champion cause while patience might have been a virtue, it didn’t put gold around ones waist.

Injury.

Yeah, that's what put her in this goddamn situation.

She’d allowed her personal life to intermingle with her professional and made some stupid mistakes, some reckless mistakes. Got distracted, got cocky. A myriad of factors culminating in a redhead stuck on the shelf watching others get their shot when all they really deserved was a kick in the ass.
How many of those women who had gotten a shot before Amber, how many of them had gone through her… had squared up and earned their way past. How many of them showed up for long enough to be a body in a match they didn't fucking deserve.

Amber deserved her shot, even before the last match with Roxi.

Still, she had to bargain with the proverbial devil to get it.

Finding her feet gingerly, Amber limped softly a couple of steps so that she might lean on the rail- the only thing separating her from oblivion. Five floors up and a rather messy landing. Infamy in death.
Somehow living seemed only vaguely like a better option.
Roxi had done a number on her knee, the bruises had taken weeks to dull their rainbow hues- and her ankle… well, the less said the better. She’d scraped and grimaced her way through all the checks, walked that same road like she had a thousand times before just to prove what everyone already knew…

Only this time, she wasn’t sure that she should have.

Take your time, the doctors said, as though they remotely understood the changing landscape of the industry. Blink and everything has shifted beneath your feet, turn your back and suddenly everything you thought you knew means nothing- step out of the limelight and your star might as well go supernova in the night sky.
She couldn’t afford to stay away, not for the remainder her sanity- even just the idea that some of these dregs were allowed to step up into prominence while she emotionally rotted between these walls was beyond infuriating. It was a slap in the face when she hadn’t even deserved it.
They weren’t better than her- not the champions, not their challengers, not those who spoke out of place before being utterly crushed under the weight of their own self-importance.

Not Christina, not even Keira. Fuck, not even Roxi.

None of them were any better than Amber was- yet they’d all gotten their chances and Amber had to wait in line like a patient little nothing, holding out a bowl for an opportunity she’d more than proven herself worthy of.
Untested yet still undeniable- at 40%, she’d still rival any of them at 100%.

Hell, she’d scream it into the void if she had to, cause eventually at least one of them would believe it.

Would they see through the facade, the cracks showing as the cement holding the rebuilt walls together hadn’t even begun to dry- it was a dangerous game Amber was trying to play, Russian Roulette with her career in hopes that if she got lucky just enough that people might think she actually meant it all along.
It wasn’t as though she could just pretend she wasn’t bitter and wounded, that the scars weren’t still oozing a little and the blood left across her tattered muzzle wasn't dried and flaking.

Old dog, same tricks.

As her breath frosted slightly in the morning air, Amber brushed some strands of red from her eyes. She had built her career on risk taking, of being that person willing to do anything if only cause the cost was marginally offset by the reward. Titles had been won and lost, battles fought over pride- all of them required some kind of sacrifice, but over time those sacrifices had become far greater and the rewards somehow hadn’t grown to match their cost.

Most nights, Amber was lucky to be drawing even… A win was a win, but it didn't matter much if she left feeling the same way as before, holding the same amount of fuck all she walked in with. Greater risks promised greater reward, sure, however her body couldn’t continue upholding every promise made.
Everyone had their breaking point- Amber could only hope that she could hold hers at bay long enough to get her chance… that she’d continue to defy the odds night after night and that the eventual reign she’d have would be lengthy and worth every miserable bruise, every stitch put through her skin and every bridge she’d had to burn to get there.

Atlantic City might have been Vegas lite, but it's propensity to bring out the risk taker in people couldn't be denied.

For just a little longer, she mused silently as the sun crept through the concrete horizon, her career might still go on fuelled by sheer and the resolve that there would always be someone out there to prove wrong, some entitled asshole thinking that ‘research’ would give them an advantage no one else had attained before- that for a little while longer, the hurricane inside her might wreck havoc before dissipating over the ocean one last time.

Surely one more couldn’t hurt. One more go around to change the future, one more sweet prayer into the void to keep her safe with the promise that she’d have something more than blood and bruises to show for it… That was the thing most people didn’t quite get, it seemed, that like her didn’t get longevity, they didn't get happy endings and a quiet ride off into the sunset-there were no fairytales and white horses, just a lonely room and a beeping machine.

Maybe this was a mistake, but it was a mistake that was hers alone to make.

People like the Distorted Angel that were determined that there was something left in the tank, like the Painted Hurricane willing to take one more spin of the barrel cause Lady Luck had to shine back on her eventually… Like Amber motherfucking Ryan, with a sick gleam in her eye and a bitterness on the back of her tongue she couldn’t swallow- they were destined to go out the very same way they came in...

Alone.

“There's a lot of talk about respect in what we do.

It's generally an unspoken thing- we’re granted it for persistence, earn it with the things we put each other through. Perhaps it's because we’re a niche unto ourselves in terms of- violence breeds a certain level of familiarity, after all you can't go rolling around in someone else's bodily fluids and not feel a tad closer to them spiritually afterwards.
Maybe it's just human nature that we feel more towards people- that pure malice isn't enough to suffice our shitty little brains in terms of how we feel about the person we stand across from.

Even our most hated rivals, the ones that test us and push us beyond our limits- we respect them, because of their function, because they force us to be better.

Or so I’m told.

See, I don’t believe that respect should be given automatically- I think it still should be earned through the flames of war, through the infliction of unforseen violence, through the rigors that we put ourselves through if only to prove that for three fucking seconds we were better than someone else.
I’ll be honest- there's a lot of women on this roster who have earned my respect… If not for my battles with them, but for the way they conduct their business.

Evie Jordan. Alicia Lukas. Johanna Kreiger. Myra Rivers. Andrea Hernandez. Mercedes Vargas.

Roxi Johnson.

I’m sure you get the picture Seleana- and I’m sure you also noticed that your name… your name doesn't fall among that crowd. Let's be honest here, even if the list went on for a hundred more names, you still wouldn't qualify.
Don't take it personally, although I'm sure you’ll find a way to do so, but it's business. It's business and what we do is business, and frankly- you have absolutely no place being all up in mine.

I don’t have to like you, and I sure as hell don’t have to respect you either- all you’ve done is coast on past successes recently and bolstered your flailing wife who- funnily enough- also couldn’t make the list if I extended it into the thousands. All the things you’ve done, all the potential for you to get back to that place- and you’d rather be a fucking half-assed cheerleader for someone who continues to scrape on by at the level she thinks shes on.
This industry is built on sacrifice Seleana, it's built on doing what is needed to get ahead- you throwing your career down the drain so your wife gets the attention she thinks she deserves isn't a sacrifice though, it's not some noble decision based on love and admiration.
It’s plain stupid. It's unreasonable.

But it’s your career and you do what you like with it…

Just don't expect me to extend you the same courtesy and pity that I’m sure others would- I’m back in SCW to prove that I deserve to be Bombshells champion and whether that means I step straight on through your wife or Roxi’s wife, it won’t matter.

Is it rude to say that I don’t think highly of the champion or challenger?

I doubt it, I’d rather be honest than act like a sycophant for likes and false praise. It's just a shame really, that being Bombshells champion has gone from prestigious to a passing grade, no longer the apex of success but a qualifying bar to be seen as anything more than middling.
Of course this is exactly the point where you make the blatantly obvious declaration that I haven't won a title yet- that I talk alot of shit about prestige and titles for someone who hasn't won one in the company yet.

Thing is, I’m a woman who talks a lot of shit cause when she gets opportunities- she rarely fucks them up. I don't need ten shots to take the belt, give me one and you’ll be pulling it from my cold, dead hands. Look at my resume maybe before spouting off utter nonsense- I win titles everywhere I go, you’ll notice there aren't many multiples though…
It's not cause I’m not good enough- it's cause once I sink my teeth into that top spot, I hold onto it. I fight for that place like my life depends on it, cause in my heart- it does. It’s cause I have to take advantage of every opportunity that comes my way cause they are few and far between- few company owners wanna keep feeding their so called top stars to me, they don’t want them all on the sidelines, they don’t wanna clean the blood off the canvases week after week.

If I get a hold of something I want, you’ll have to do better than cheap insults to get it back off me.

Maybe this is an opportunity for you though, a chance to spoil the party right- I mean, is it an upset if I beat you? Is it an upset if you beat me?
You have the distinct chance to stop me in my tracks, to make me eat everyone of those spiny words I’m throwing out like confetti… A rare moment to leave me speechless and halt my momentum before it starts.

Add that line to your resume, cause those spider webs in the corners aren’t inspiring a lot of faith.

See, whether you like it or not Seleana- this match determines our trajectories going forward, Inception is a beginning to be embraced. It's just a real shame that you are in no way equipped to handle this challenge- not mentally, not physically, not emotionally… fuck, pray for your life while you can cause I doubt even spiritually will save you now.
Coming into this Supercard, we aren’t on an even playing field- I hold all the cards cause you forgot there was more to the game than just showing up with good intentions.

When it comes down to it, sweetheart- I’m wounded. I’m real fucking bitter. Most importantly though- I’m back.

… and you’re fucked.

Jerry’s Family Diner
Stillwater, MN
11:49am

“As much as I appreciate the ‘detour’...”

Mac Bane’s voice, the soothing baritone that quelled the constant firing nerves that kept Amber on edge, trailed off as he slipped into the booth across from her. Even in the near 20 years that had passed since she'd been here last, the place had desperately tried to keep it's kitschy charm alive, the fiercely Americana-esque memorabilia scattered across walls slightly discoloured with age and a refusal to accept that wallpaper did have a proverbial shelf life.

“I figure you have more reason to have come here aside from the semi-decent coffee.”

Blunt, yet without sarcasm and judgement, Mac watched the redhead fidget slightly in her seat- far more preoccupied with the chipped edge of the table than the steaming mug of black coffee swirling slowly in front of her. It was more than just a detour, more than a trip down memory lane- part of her knew it was beyond a long shot, but nostalgia had a way of drawing out the better side of some, and the worst in others.

Maybe there was a chance that Cassidy had…

“Red?”

Amber snapped back momentarily, she must have seemed so far away to the ‘One Man Wrecking Crew’ and it was always a surprise that his patience was able to withstand her reveries and forever waning levels of detachment from society. He saw something in her that no one else did, that no one else had been willing to dig through the layers and personality detritus for- maybe he saw something that didn’t exist, that was her theory, but she’d been far too happy and he was far too stubborn for that bubble to be burst.
Amber knew eventually, he’d get it. He’d resign to what everyone else already knew… but until that day, he was still the best thing that had ever come into her life.

“You know, you can talk to me about these things.”

It's like he saw straight through her, like her father had been a glassmaker and everything that ticked away under the surface was little more than a puzzle to be solved.

“It's dumb. Even for me”

“... which doesn’t make it any less valid.”

Amber forced a smile in recognition- he was right, he was always bloody right.

“Maybe so, it's just…”

Words were more than just sound- they were thoughts and feelings she couldn’t quite compute, ideas that wedged themselves somewhere just above her voice box in protest. Mac made her feel at ease, no doubt, but that didn't make it any easier to speak her mind when for so long those words were little more than empty threats and idle musings trying to sound philosophical cause she heard them somewhere along the way.

“... I keep thinking that I’m missing something Mac. Like I’m the only one who doesn’t get it- and maybe I’m wrong, and I hope to fuck I’m wrong. I keep thinking that if I just talk to the right person or go to the right place then all of this ends- that I’ve done my bit and paid my dues. You know?”

Amber laced her hands around the mug, trying to ignore the faint crack in the handle while the warmth kept her somewhat grounded as her mind drifted elsewhere.

“I just… I owe Grizz basically my career and most of my life and the fact that I can’t wrap my head around all of this. Hell, the fact that I seem to be the worst person alive for doing exactly what anyone else in my situation would have and should have done.”

She knew she was rambling, but it was the only way she could make sense of the white noise and tangled webs. Mac watched her thoughtfully, whether he understood or not seemed irrelevant- just the fact that he was here, that he was willing to listen...

It was almost as though the man was the patron saint of hurricanes and the colour red.

Amber almost wanted to chuckle at the absurdity of it all, but somehow it would only make her sound madder than she already thought she did.

“If I never left… I’d never have done any of this. If I didn’t leave- I’d likely have been another unsolved file in a police drawer, a cold case no one wanted to touch or behind bars for creating more work for them.”

“Yeah, I can’t see facial prison tattoos being your style.”

An attempt at humour, more absurdity and yet a welcome tonal change. His hands sought out hers across the table, encompassing hers firmly.

“You mean a spider web in the top corner of my forehead wouldn’t be attractive?”

A chuckle escaped his lips.

“Now, I never said that…”

Mac squeezed her hands a little harder, as his eyes met hers.

“We’re always going to be resented for decisions we make- regardless who we make them for.”

… “You hurt her so badly when you left. You promised her you’d never leave and you did… The moment you got a chance, you walked straight out of her life without even a second thought”...

Sticky’s voice echoed loudly in her head- hell, she could envision his nauseating smile behind that perspex wall as vividly as she could see Mac sitting across from her.

“You’ll never do the right thing by everyone, but you can never be expected to do the right thing by others if you can’t manage to do it for yourself first.”

… “Not that you ever worried but it was my arms she ran into, I stayed when you decided you were far too good for the rest of us. Now you wanna come here and act like you have her best interests at heart”…

Neither of them were wrong, neither of them were any less legitimate in their claims. It made Amber wanna scream, a headache pounded from behind her eyes while the thick aroma of too much cinnamon lingered with every breath.

… “She told me you’d come looking, you know? Although I doubt she realized it would be this soon… You were always very good at this, just a shame it's not useful for anything aside from assailing your own guilt.”...

Guilt. That's why she was really here… God, she’d never forgiven herself for walking out on Cassidy- but what the fuck else was she supposed to do?
Sacrifice everything she’d worked for just to appease one person?
Why did this even make her feel guilty to begin with- for fucking once in her life she’d actually made the right decision and no one had been hurt in the process. Not physically at least.

They were like sisters… but better.

So why couldn’t Cassidy be happy for her?

Swirling. Spinning... This whole thing made her feel dizzy.

“Red?”

She’d been drifting again.

“Sorry.”

“Don’t be.”

Family was supposed to do anything for each other- unconditional love and support. Amber couldn’t help but wonder what their lives would have looked like if she stayed, if she’d turned down opportunity in favour of… what exactly, a lifetime performing in front of crowds half watching the spectacle and half conversing about whether corn dogs or cotton candy were the true carnival staple food substitute. A commitment of her life to death defiance in front of a crowd who’d barely remember her name by the time they got back to their cars.
Was that even a life, was that a decision she’d have been able to live with knowing the possibilities that could have been?

A pause followed, the background noise barely filling the space between them as Amber deliberately averted her gaze.

“You still care about her, don’t you?”

Amber wasn’t sure how to initially respond. Her relationship with Cassidy was complicated, maybe something even beyond that and yet simple… straight forward.

“I was an only child Mac, grew up chasing my own shadow cause kids don’t understand complex family dynamics- only that you’re different, that you don’t fit in. I would have given anything for a sibling, even if they annoyed the shit out of me- I just wanted to have someone who didn’t care that I was different. That my family was different.”

Another pause, her voice cracking slightly as it fell into a whisper.

“Cassidy was like my sister… but better.”

Words fell out subconsciously, her facade falling to pieces where she sat.

… “Tell you what, come back this time next week and maybe, just maybe I might have something to offer”...

God, Sticky was playing her like a puppet- lord knows that he didn’t care about how either of them felt, and part of Amber suspected that he didn’t even know where Cassidy was, only that she wanted to know badly enough that she’d swallowed her pride and a bunch of broken glass with it.
If she went back, she’d play right into his hands- but if she didn’t… she might never find Cassidy in time.

If he even knew.

“Thing is… even if I do find her, I don’t know what I’ll do.”

Removing one hand from hers, Mac gently drew her gaze back to his with a smile that never failed to drag her back to reality.

“You’ll be what you’ve always been… yourself.”

Record
SCW: 15 - 4 - 1
Uprising: 8 - 2 - 0
Life: 0 - 1 - 0</span>

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Re: Amber Ryan v Seleana Zdunich
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 10:02:00 PM »
Off-Camera

Friday, January 22, 2021
Parking Lot
Zdunich Zoological Gardens
Los Angeles, California
8:01 AM  PST

Seleana Zdunich nods to her sister, Zenna Zdunich, her sister-in-law Linnéa Lacroix, her daughter-in-law, Haylie Jo “Halo” Annis, Halo’s twin sister, Amy Rae “Rain” Annis, and Rain’s girlfriend/tag team partner, Kendra “GoGo” Goganious. The group had stopped by the zoo with her to check on some of the animals before going to work out for their respective upcoming matches.

Seleana Zdunich: You are ready, ja?

GoGo starts almost jumping up and down in excitement.

Kendra "GoGo" Goganious: OOOOH, this is gonna be so AWESOME!!!!!

Rain grins.

Amy Rae "Rain: Annis: Ain’t it, Goldi? I ain’t never been here before neither!

Halo smirks at her twin.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: It’s a damn cool place, y’all’ll love it.

As they’re all about to start in, Linnéa sees someone walking into the parking lot.

Linnéa Lacroix: Who’s that?

Zenna glances over and shakes her head in disgust.

Zenna Zdunich: Skit också!

Linnéa Lacroix: You know them?

Zenna shaks her head.

Zenna Zdunich: Just the leader.

The others look over and Seleana has much the ssme reaction as her younger sister.

Seleana Zdunich: För fan i helvete!

Zenna nods her agreement, Linnéa looking concerned by the level of vitriol coming from the Zdunich Sisters. Halo, Rain and GoGo all look over and Halo grits her teeth.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Oh, fuck me runnin’...

Amy Rae "Rain: Annis: Daddy…

GoGo frowns.

Kendra "GoGo" Goganious: Ain’t them y’all’s uncles too?

As the other three move in behind the leader, Halo nods solemnly.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Yeah… Daddy’s brothers, Delroy, Dallas and Demery…

Rain shakes her head.

Amy Rae "Rain: Annis: Ain’t seen them in ages!

Seleana

Seleana Zdunich: Does his mean they want money then?

Halo nods.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Most likely and it probably means Daddy thought they had a better shot at shakin’ us down if he brought them with him.

Zenna almost growls in anger.

Zenna Zdunich: Din far är ett jävla rövhål!

Seleana and Linnéa both nod in agreement.

Seleana Zdunich:  Ja, det är han.

Linnéa Lacroix: So it would appear.   

She pauses and then glances at the Annis Twins and GoGo.

Linnéa Lacroix: It’s been a while since I’ve heard Z call somebody that…

Halo nods sadly.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Whatever she called him, he probably earned it.

Dewey Annis walks up to the group and confronts his daughters, his three brothers all standing right behind him.

Dewey Annis: Y’all finally gettin’ the message now?

GoGo and Rain both stare back in near shock while Halo, Zenna, Seleana and Linnéa simply glare back at the men.

Dewey Annis: You two ingrates owe me and I mean to collect! I’ve put up with all the shit you’ve heaped on the family name back home…

The four Annis Brothers all look at the group in abject disgust. 

Dewey Annis: Buncha damn dykes and you couldn’t even keep it all American either!  Had to go brown and foreign… y’all disgusting!

Halo growls but is caught by her mother-in-law.

Seleana Zdunich: No, Chickie…

Dewey shakes his head and nods to his brothers.

Dewey Annis: Y’all hear that accent, fuckin’ nasty ass…

Zenna steps in and gets right in his face.

Zenna Zdunich: If you continue to speak of my sister in that manner you will regret it.

Dewey stares at her, surprised.

Dewey Annis: So you speak English…

Again, Zenna cuts him off.

Zenna Zdunich: Ja, and if you keep speaking in that tone, you won’t be speaking much longer!

Dewey almost laughs.

Dewey Annis: Where did you find the spitfire?

Seleana turns from Halo and glares at him.

Seleana Zdunich: She is my sister.

Linnéa moves over to Rain, GoGo and Halo.

Linnéa Lacroix: Come on, let’s move inside.

GoGo nods and starts to follow Linnéa while Dewey watches on.

Dewey Annis: So the Colonel’s daughter’s a damn…

Zenna grabs him by the throat.

Zenna Zdunich: Call her what you were thinking…

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: And we…

Suddenly, the door to the building opens and security pours out into the parking lot.  Dewey and his brothers take their leave and everyone else goes back inside the building.

Linnéa Lacroix: Well, that was fun…

Zenna Zdunich: Why does he think you owe him money?

Halo shrugs.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Because he ain’t got any!

Rain shakes her head.

Amy Rae "Rain: Annis: Does he do this a lot, HayJo? 

Halo shakes her head.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Not for a few months. Y’all’s D-Man threatened to de-ball him the last time…

Seleana nods in agreement.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, Declan was not pleased to hear he had done this again. He would not be pleased now, I am certain.

Rain nods.

Amy Rae "Rain: Annis: Neither would Nova...

Linnéa shakes her head.

Linnéa Lacroix: Is he always this much of…

Seleana shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: No, he’s usually racist as well.

Linnéa nods slowly.

Linnéa Lacroix: Are his brothers likewise?

Halo nods apologetically.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Always have been. I knew Daddy wouldn’t like it when I shacked up with Brit, he definitely wouldn’t like Aurora. Would probably go out of his way to make Brayden wanna land his ass in jail.

Rain nods sadly.

Amy Rae "Rain: Annis: They ain’t never been nice about stuff like that.

GoGo sighs.

Kendra "GoGo" Goganious: Y’all think he’s gonna call the Colonel?

Halo shakes her head.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Only if he wants to get his ass kicked right proper. The Colonel wouldn’t put up with his shit before, he ain’t gonna start now just because Daddy ain’t approve of us havin’ the same equipment.

GoGo nods, a smile coming over her face.

Kendra "GoGo" Goganious: My Daddy always did let y’all come over, didn’t he? 

Rain nods, also smiling.

Amy Rae "Rain: Annis: The Colonel likes me and Nova so we ain’t got no problems.

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Go have Chavy watch the outside area for him and then you can go see about that workout with Miss Torres. You do need to ready yourselves as a team for this match with G.R.I.M.E. after all.

Halo, Rain and GoGo all nod and then hug Seleana.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Thanks, Mama Sel!

As the three younger women move on down the hallway, Zenna and Linnéa both shake their heads.

Linnéa Lacroix: Those poor girls…

Zenna nods her agreement.

Zenna Zdunich: They were both like us, ja?

Seleana nods in response.

Seleana Zdunich: I have heard stories that would say yes, they both were on some level. Halo more than Rain.

Zenna shakes her head.

Zenna Zdunich: It is amazing that they both managed to find their way.

Linnéa glances back at the door.

Linnéa Lacroix: Are you gonna be able to focus on Amber Ryan now?

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: We get Bianca and Veronica this week as well but, ja, I will.

Zenna nods in agreement.

Zenna Zdunich: We have the matches in WWA and WWR as well but we should be able to get her ready for Amber. We know Amber likes to fight, she’s been doing it most of her life.

Seleana sighs.

Seleana Zdunich: I should be looking forward to this match more than I am. Amber is a big name, she’s an awesome competitor. She already got short with me over Andrea Hernandez.

Zenna Zdunich: Why?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: I do not know. Perhaps she thought I should be focusing on her instead of talking about Andrea. That night, I had been in a match where Andrea was the referee. Christina and I against Roxi and Keira. Roxi and Keira won and Roxi got to hit Andrea. I was the only one in that match where the match had no bearing on what was happening at Inception. Keira is defending against Christina, Roxi is fighting Andrea, and I…

She almost smacks herself.

Seleana Zdunich: I was announced as fighting Amber.

Her hands rise up, palms up as if ready to ask from above.

Seleana Zdunich: I should be seeing this as an opportunity... 

Linnéa tilts her head slightly.

Linnéa Lacroix: But you’re not?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: I’m somewhere in between. In SRW, I cannot wait to fight Bianca and Veronica. Those two have deserved a comeback from us for months and we finally get to give it to them!  In WWR, I cannot wait for that fight because it is against Simply Glamorous and after all they tried to do to me over Christina, I can’t wait to make them pay as they should have long ago as well!

She pauses and sighs.

Seleana Zdunich: WWA, Shenzi and I get our chance at the tag team championships and they’ve even talked about using the Shieldmaidens as added security during our match to keep others away as there was interference last time. I am absolutely looking forward to that match…

Her left hand falls, her right hand staying up.

Seleana Zdunich: But this one is one that….

She shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: On paper, it is great. It is amazing and awesome and all kinds of things that should help my career and my standing…

Linnéa nods.

Linnéa Lacroix: But it’s not who you really want, is it?

Seleana shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: No, it’s not.

Linnéa Lacroix: Who is?

Seleana just shoots Linnéa a look as if the answer should be obvious.

Linnéa Lacroix: Andrea Hernandez?

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: I wish it were her but she was taken…

Linnéa contemplates this information dn then shrugs.

Linnéa Lacroix: Ok, so you have to go through Amber to get where you wanna go. It’s like when we were in rehab, nobody likes what comes first. Detox sucks massively and in some cases could actually kill…

Zenna nods.

Zenna Zdunich: But as bad as it is, you must go through that to get to the other side.

Linnéa offers a small smile.

Linnéa Lacroix: I’m not saying this will be easy and I know it will not be pleasant but nothing worth doing ever is. You gotta go through hell if you wanna get to heaven.

Zenna nods.

Zenna Zdunich: How can you have any pudding if you don’t eat your meat?

Seleana nods, a matching small smile coming to her face.

Seleana Zdunich: You are right, of course…

She hugs her sister and her sister-in-law.

Seleana Zdunich: Jag älskar dig.

Zenna Zdunich: Jag älskar dig också.

Linnéa grins playfully.

Linnéa Lacroix: That’s me as well.

Seleana and Zenna both grin knowingly as the three women embrace. 

Offline DistortedAngel

• View Profile
    • Amber Ryan
... The Distracted and the Dismissed ...
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 09:11:41 AM »
“Opal is stone solid, but there is troubled water that lives in her, that sometimes threatens to flood, to drown her—rise up to her eyes. Sometimes it feels impossible to do anything. But that's okay because she's become quite good at getting lost in the doing of things.”
― Tommy Orange, There There

Unknown Fairgrounds
Somewhere in Nevada.
6:02pm

There was a certain weightlessness that came with surging adrenaline, a relative feeling of freedom from bodily confines- like an out of body experience without the prerequisite of dying.

Maybe she could have flown, maybe she still was flying. It was difficult to say, and even more difficult to see as the mask shifted slightly over her face- it was still a little big despite the fact it had been laced as tight as physically possible- even through the ruffled mess of hair she could feel the nubs of the knotted edges digging in slightly.
It was Grizz’s idea to have her first ‘real’ match under a mask, something about being an underdog although she far more suspected it was because it was much harder to tell that Amber was only 15 years old underneath.

Everything seemed muffled but she could have sworn half of the maybe 20 spectators milling around had half-heartedly cheered when she won. Won, of course, had been a loosely used term when the mark from the crowd had tripped over himself stepping between the ropes to begin with and then thought that wildly swinging was absolutely the best option against someone almost a foot shorter.
She’d been preparing for exactly this day for almost 2 years now- everyone one in the crew seemed to have faced her ‘wrath’ at one point or another, from sparring partners sporting broken noses and bloody lips to those dragged into the fray for drunken wagers by a raging bonfire.

Perched delicately on the turnbuckles, she knew to tread carefully- even at 100lbs soaking wet, she’d not be exempt from falling flat on her ass when those shoddy hooks that kept the already slightly sagging ropes from collapsing completely, gave way completely.
Across the ring, the beaten mark spat something rather offensive in her general direction which was quite remarkable really as he was also trying to keep his front two teeth from falling out of his head. Red faced and angry, he’d made a scene in the crowd previously declaring he could beat anyone the carnival had- talking a big game while swigging from a flask. Grizz, of course, had taken him up on this offer and chose the 15 year old in cargo pants a half size too big for her frame and a mask that very obviously hadn't been made for her.

… “What kind of fucking joke is this?” …

In all honesty he hadn’t looked like he’d ever done more than spectate a real fist fight, arm chair commentary while the people far more equipped did their best to ignore his obnoxious demands and unrealistic combinations.

… “She looks like she should be serving me a Big Mac  at the drive-thru rather than squaring up in a ring” …

Opportunity was opportunity, and a first match was something to be celebrated. It was a shame he didn’t take her seriously until she landed a kick hard enough to knock the wind out of him, by that point though she’d already split his lip with what he’d called a ‘lucky punch’.
Most of the crowd had dissipated back to the neon delights and local vans serving the approximation of food by now though, they’d long since lost interest in a guy who had been absolutely schooled by a girl- still Amber watched him warily as he rolled clumsily beneath the rope into the waiting arms of his friends.

“You’re lucky you’re a girl, otherwise…”

“Otherwise what?”

Grizz had materialized from behind the shoddily hoisted curtain, his hulking figure startling the mark as he tried to skulk away.

“You spent the better part of the last five minutes trying to hit her- right after making a big deal about not being the type of guy to punch women. Look man, just accept you lost… You paid your money, you got your shot and she made you submit.”

Grizz tried to hide the growing smirk, the one he’d worn a thousand other times in the same situation. They all thought it was easy till they had to go in there and actually do it, never expecting to be called out for their deficiencies- only celebrated for the unlikely wildly thrown hand that might connect as more than just a glancing blow.

“Know what? Fuck you man, fuck you and your little whore… I let her win cause she wouldn’t be walking outta here otherwise. I took mercy and made her look good, you should be paying me for the privilege!”

Another scoff from the older man, by now Amber had gotten down from her perch and watched curiously as the man grew redder in the face, spittle flying as his insults grew more vulgar.

“If there hadn’t been a crowd to save you sweetcheeks, I could have really made far more of a woman out of you.”

It was now Amber had become really grateful for the mask- even as it slipped a little over her eyes, she could feel her own cheeks grow red and flushed as something crude flickered in the marks eyes.

“Yeah, that little submission thing of yours would be far more effective wrapped around my…”

“You need to leave. NOW.”

It was a rare time that Grizz had to raise his voice, his normally booming tone was usually enough to capture the attention of anyone within a 30 foot radius- now though, with a protective and fearsome look, it seemed the whole fairground had come to a momentary halt as the mark licked his lips obnoxiously.
Looking to his friends, they started to pull him away- leaving Amber almost visibly shaking with disgust, rage and something else…

“Fucking pig.”

“Hey Grizz?”

Meekly Amber leaned over the ropes, as they sagged slightly beneath her weight, making sure the mark was gone from sight before she pulled the mask off to allow her shock of red hair to come tumbling out.

“You alright Bambi? Damn, I should have known he’d be a fucking pompous asshole… You did a damn good job shutting him down, but you still shouldn’t have to listen to that kinda crap.”

Lost in his own train of thought for a moment, Amber waited patiently for Grizz to snap back.

“Sorry sweetheart, whats up?”

“Are they all like that?”

It was a question Grizz hadn’t expected to hear for awhile yet, she was supposed to become hardened and bitter before that realization came- she was supposed to learn that the wrestling world was magical and beautiful in it's own macabre way before everyone in it poisoned that fairytale point of view.
Still, she didn't seem bothered by it… more so already resigned to an answer she’d already predicted.

“Not all of them- alot of people Bambi, they’re gonna say things that hurt. They’re gonna run you down and they’re going to try and make you feel worthless- or worse… Not because they hate you- but because they hate themselves, they hate the fact that someone like you exists and can take all those bad things and turn them into beauty between those ropes.”

God, she had so much potential to do good. A natural athleticism and daring had made her the perfect high-flyer, her early training in muay thai and recent training in suntukan made her a lethal striker- most importantly though… her heart would make her a champion.

“Just do me a favour, Bambi.”

A raised eyebrow from the redhead brought forth a chuckle from Grizz, her obvious skepticism shining through despite her years.

“Nothing bad, I promise.”

She could be anything… absolutely anything.

Maybe one day she would be, somewhere far greater than here...

“Just… Don’t ever let anyone make you hate what you are and who you are.”

With a coy smile, Amber cocked her head slightly.

“Sure, I promise.”

“I’m sorry Seleana

Truly.

From the deepest and darkest depths, from the nooks and crannies that shelter dust and despair alike, dredged from the ungodly expanse somewhere inside my chest- from the bottom of my all knowing heart.

I’m sorry.

I’m sorry I’m not Andrea Hernandez.

I’m sorry that this match is the furthest thing from a priority to you.

I’m sorry this match means so little, that I obviously mean so little that you couldn’t even give me the fucking time of day to mention my fucking name.
I mean it's not as though we’re facing off on the first supercard of the year, that Inception happens to be the basis of momentum building for the rest of the year- that this is where news years resolutions either hold fast or are shattered unceremoniously.

It's not as though this match matters, right?

There's nothing on the line.

There’s no personal animosity outside of the blatant disrespect I kinda happen to feel about your sheer ignorance to this whole match happening.

There's no reason to care… right?

Except there is, there always is.

That reason to give the tiniest inkling of a damn is the exact reason why I’m looking to steal the crown from the head of the queen and you’re kicking rocks trying to get a match with Andrea Hernandez cause your wife has a god-forsakenly big mouth and not nearly enough common sense to know when to close it.
I’m standing at the head of the table and you’re sniffing for scraps wondering how the hell you fell so far- tell me Seleana, do you think this is my only match on the table- that my existence since this match was announced has been wholly and solely focused on you.

Yeah, no.

I’ve got matches lined up for weeks and double the fights cause trouble has a habit of stumbling across me kicking the shit out of people in dark alleyways. I’ve got my own issues, my own reasons to say my head is just a little whacked- I’m so goddamn mentally wrecked some days I couldn’t tell you what my name was without having to look it up, I look in the mirror and do a double take cause sometimes I lose tracks of the fights and the bruises blossoming across my skin.

That's the thing, to be in this business on the level we’re at… well, I’m at… You have to be a little fucked, you have to be a little on the wrong side of the mental tracks and you have to be able to compartmentalize your issues.
You’re looking at me like I’m charging you $75 an hour to listen to your problems and spew philosophical logic in your general direction but I don’t think you quite get what I’m going for.

Sweet girl, you made a mistake.

You took all your issues, your matches and your priorities and you threw them in a bag… You shook that bag up real good and tossed them across the floor like goats knuckles determining your immediate future and you just went with what you saw.
Andrea Hernandez who is far too busy playing Dr Evil with the morally sanitary Roxi Johnson- yeah, she’s a priority, those sixteen other matches happening after Inception- oh yeah… Priorities.

A match against a literal force of nature at the first SCW super card of the year.

Nah, that one we can leave for another day.

Except you can’t Seleana.

I’ve got abandonment issues, I won't simply just let you twaddle off to go play with your other toys cause they’re a little more sparkly and they don’t spit in your face when you hold them up to eye level. I’m not just going to accept being a second hand thought, that I’m anything less than the forefront of your psyche- if nothing else I’ve earned the right to be taken seriously around here.
Do I have to break down my record, do I have to replay all the fucking awful things I’ve done in my career to get to this point and be absolutely dismissed, just shrugged off by the likes of… you?

I’ve spent most of my career being told I wasn't good enough. I wasn't worth the effort. I wasn't a threat- and now I stand in front of you… someone whos shared a ring with me and seen what it is I’m fucking capable of up close and very bloody personal and I get the same derisive flick of the hair and turn up of the nose as every other person who thought I might just go away cause I left their sight line.
Nah, see my teeth and sinking too far into this now. I’ve got a hold of this and I’m gonna ragdoll it until it falls apart around me- if you don’t think that I’m even just a little pissed then my god you’re more ignorant than you’ve already shown.

If I had a nickel for everytime someone thought my Daddy was a glassmaker- that they could just stare straight on through me, that I might simply shatter and fall away in a head on collision… I’d have enough to fill a knee-high sock and beat you to fucking death with it.

Fact is, when those lights come up Seleana- I’m as good as any man or woman in this godforsaken industry, I’m as devastating as anything Mother Nature herself might conjure out of vitriolic spite. I’m the one they send when the boogeyman can't get the job done, the reapers mercenary with a touch like death veiled around my fist and I’m just like every monster your Momma swore she scared away with a word and a smile.

Keep on looking beyond me sweetheart and enjoy the view while you have the chance cause while your war might just be with Andrea…your fight at Inception is with me.

It’d do you some fucking good to remember that.”

Bane’s Garage
Baltimore, MD
1:48pm

“You’ve been staring into that transmission for half an hour Red...”

Closer to 23 minutes, Amber internally mused, not that she was counting or anything.

“... Hate to break it to you, love, but your telekinetic powers seem to be a little rusty.”

Amber flipped the bird from flat on her back beneath the transmission of her 2012 Suzuki Hayabusa, usually a mechanical puzzle would have been a welcome distraction from the usual turbulence that seemed to surround them and their professional lives- but even the conundrum of her gears not quite clicking into place wasn’t quite enough to drag her back from the depths of her own subconscious.

“Ah really? Guess there's alot to explain about that wrench I saw floating earlier.”

Mac chuckled off to the side- his side project recently had become slowly making this space something commercially viable, a future for them between matches and for eventually when wrestling no longer presented itself as an option for them.

“You mean the one that you threw across the garage while calling your bike a ‘godforsaken pile of scrap metal that you invested way too many fucks into’...?”

He was aiming for levity and she desperately wanted to buy in, but instead found herself staring again as though the puzzle laid out above her would somehow start solving itself if she waited patiently enough. Part of her wanted to be distracted by this, to be dragged out kicking and screaming wildly from the darker corners of her perspective- Amber briefly murmured an agreement in hopes that it might somehow satisfy the quota of expected conversational response.

Sighing heavily, she watched as the heavy work boots of her fiance stopped next to her- hell she could feel that knowing stare through each layer of metal and grease that currently separated them. He knew, he always knew- that was one of the many reasons she loved him, that and his determination to scratch at an itch until blood made way for bone.

“Come on, spill.”

Stubborn and spiteful, Amber lingered a few moments longer beneath the bike as though she had no idea what his intention was.

“If I spill right now darling, I’m gonna get transmission fluid all over me- and I’m just not mentally prepared for such an eventuality at this time of the day. Give me a couple hours though and I might reconsider it.”

An attempt at humour to deflect the obvious seemed to bounce straight off the One Man Wrecking Crew as she gingerly pulled herself out from under the bike- his gaze immediately finding hers before she had a chance to avert.

“Yeah, I get it… A comedian too now, huh?”

Sitting up, Amber tried to brush some grease off her shoulder but only succeeded in smearing it further- everything hurt, the blossoming bruises from her ‘first’ match back from injury in Vegas had changed from dark violets to a sickly mottled blue green.
She hadn’t missed it and yet she’d felt incomplete without it.

“I’m multi-talented”

“You’re a pain in the ass”

“... but I’m your pain in the ass.”

That one found the chink in the armour, a subtle little barb through those protective walls. Amber cocked her head slightly as Mac studied her for a moment- she knew that part of him hated the fact she came back from injury so soon… far too soon… hell, the fact she’d gotten clearance from one, let alone two companies was nothing short of miraculous.
Amber out it down to her insane pain tolerance and sheer stubbornness- gritting her teeth through every test and physical examination thrown in her general direction, she'd told Mac she'd passed both with flying colours however those colours were middling shades of grey and the concept of flight had been that of leaving the ground long enough to simply qualify in the most basic sense.

There was no way she was ready and yet, she had no other choice but to be… if only for her own sanity.

“That you are. You’re also entirely not yourself…”

Amber opened her mouth to respond but Mac cut her off before she ever got a sound past her lips, his warm smile becoming something a little more pensive.

“... and don’t try to tell me otherwise. Any other day I’d have to pry your fingers out of that engine long enough to eat and sleep, but you’ve done little more than stare off into space like you forgot the way a wrench works.”

He wasn’t wrong. Never was, much to her chagrin.

Thoughtfully, Amber ran her fingers through her hair trying to formulate the right words that might somehow give her reprieve from something uncomfortable prickling under her skin.

“... It's about the Inception match, isn’t it? I mean I can practically see the little gears in your head turning and the smokes practically billowing out of your ears.”

It was Amber’s turn to sigh, allowing herself the shallow breath she’d been holding out on for the past few moments. She couldn't quite explain it- how it wasn't really doubt, it wasn’t as though she was concerned about the match itself- she'd had enough of those in her life that she’d pretty much gotten it down by now.
It was the creeping knowledge that she knew she was making a mistake, that the seeds of doubt already sown were beginning to sprout and soon the world would be privy to what she’d been trying to shove deep down inside herself.

She wasn’t ready for this, and soon everyone was gonna know.

Sure, she’d had one match back in Uprising- but it was a No DQ that ended with a ref stoppage, it was almost a goddamn formality. It was a win- and a win was always going to be a win, but it wasn’t satisfying. Moreover, it did little to nothing to quell the rising turbulence in her chest.

It wasn't as though she didn’t think she could win, it was a question of what the cost would come at…

How many more times could she roll the dice and narrowly avoid snake eyes.

“Just nerves. You know what it's like when you’re feeling a little rusty”

Those words tasted bitter even before they left her tongue, the lie weighing heavily in the air between them- maybe Mac knew better than to push the issue or he’d simply grown accustomed to her godawful coping mechanisms, or maybe… maybe he accepted her response and instead readied himself to pick up the inevitable pieces off the canvas at the end of the night.

“Once I get this match out of my system- I’m sure it’ll all be back to business as usual.”

Another lie, another twang of bitterness and another glint of knowing disappointment tangled with acceptance in a man she knew deserved far better.
He’d never say, and she’d never respond- and so they’d continue to dance their petty dance in silence waiting for the beat to finally change.

"I promise."

“We’re always told to believe in ourselves.

That's the key to success apparently, disregard all the bullshit and stay true- straight out a motivational handbook written by someone who hasn’t had to work for a damn thing in their lives, but writes as though sob story after sob story they project was more than a ploy to make them vaguely relatable in a publishers blurb.

I believe in a lot of things Seleana…

I believe in hard work, in discipline. I also believe that it's worth taking whatever way possible to the top, through anyone who refuses to move out of the way, through anyone who decides to set themselves up as a gatekeeper or an obstacle simply because they realize that this is their new pinnacle.
I believe, Seleana, that every word we speak has the capacity to mean something more- from Jessie Salco losing her ever loving shit about being compared to ice cream, to Mercedes Vargas continuing to middle and moan that she’s quite literally the definition of average or Alicia Lukas contradicting herself about wanting to be the top but also not wanting to be cause she wants to see other people want it.

I believe every match, every word, every syllable I spit covered in a venom that does nothing but make the person I spit at look better than when they started… Our lives have to have significance.

I believe that I’m the next Bombshells Champion.

I don't say this kinda shit to sound cocky or arrogant, I’ve said time and time again I’ve earned my shot yet I’m the only one it seems having to make a devil's bargain to get it. I have to go and make my case before I’m allowed to be like every other silly bitch standing in that ring declaring my intentions…
So while this match may have little significance aside form an opportunity to prove that you’ve still got a pulse when you bleed out all over that canvas- it's a proving ground for me, it's the chance to show that after everything Roxi and I have done to each other, after all the hot coals I’ve walked across and setbacks I’ve fucking overcome Seleana- that I’m good enough to back my words up.

That I can go out there and say that I’m beyond good enough to challenge for that Bombshells championship.

That the title is mine- regardless who wins at Inception.

When it comes down to it though- you can’t stop me, it's already been proven once. You don’t have it in you to do what's necessary to slow me down, to stop me in my tracks cause it involves being something better. It means doing something beyond simply showing up.
Coming into this match, I’m verbally throwing hands and you’ve got your arms at your sides- hell I wish I could feel bad about thrashing someone who refuses to defend themselves, but you just keep your mouth open and swallowing those fists like a starving dog even though it's taking your your teeth down with it.

On the plus side, all that extra calcium might eventually create a fucking backbone or fortify that glass chin of yours.

Or not.

Still, you’re gonna come back at me and say that you’re really determined and what a great competitor I am, how this is a worthy fight and we’re all just gonna go out there and do our best, right?
Just cheap fucking compliment after insincere platitude cause you’d rather chase your wifes shadows and stick your nose into her battles than listen to the straight up massacre that's pouring out of my gullet.
I used to think it was far easier to play nice, to ignore the nasty things anyone says in favour of bright and bubbly positive vibes- you know, until people took those vibes and stuck them straight through the front of my skull like a virtual lobotomy.

Don’t think I don’t try, I really wanted to come up with something nice to say about you that didn't feel like it came straight out of ‘compliments for dummies volume 27’, you know?
However when the best I can come up with is that I don’t hate the way your face looks when it says somehting stupid- you know you aren’t giving me much to work with, you’ve goen from top threat in the divison to hopelessly unremarkable and the fact I’d forget you even existed if I didn’t see you on a card occasionally certainly doesn’t help the cause.

Who knows, maybe you’ll get lucky and find a part of my personality to insult that hasn't already been scraped clean by every other vulture looking for an ‘original’ thought to spew. By all means, there's nothing off limits cause far worse people than you have far fewer boundaries and lines they’re willing to cross- and truth is I don't think you couldn't insult me any further, other than literally not showing up for the match at Inception cause you had to wash your hair that night.

What are you going to do- tell me I'm a bad person and that I’m gonna burn in hell?

That I’m not a very good wrestler, a one dimensional shit talker and a gore whore who couldn’t tell a wristlock from a wristwatch?

Come on Seleana, do I have to feed this shit to you to get the kind of response that reminds me you know how to actually speak English…

Hell, maybe you could try call me out for being rusty- I spent almost three months on the sidelines wondering if my goddamn career was done and you don’t even have something remotely snarky to say about that?
Doubtful.
Story of this fucking match I suppose- I might as well talk to myself cause I might get more intelligent debate that way…

When it comes down to it, when it's truly brass tacks and we’re looking each other squarely in the eye Seleana- I want you to know that this isn’t personal cause that would involve me caring remotely about you as a person.
This is me staking my damn claim where it belongs at the top of the Bombshells division and this is me challenging you- and anyone who dares- to step up and try to stop me.

Inception. Blast From The Past. Blaze Of Glory.

Just fucking try me.”

Record
SCW: 15 - 4 - 1
Uprising: 8 - 2 - 0
Life: 0 - 1 - 0</span>

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Re: Amber Ryan v Seleana Zdunich
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 10:32:36 PM »
Off-Camera

Monday, January 25, 2021
Living Room
Zdunich Apartment
Las Vegas, Nevada
8:01 AM  PST

Seleana Zdunich walks to the door of the apartment and steps outside to the waiting pickup truck of her daughter-in-law, Haylie Jo “Halo” Annis. Seleana gets into the truck and sits down.

Halo: Y’all ready for this, Mama Sel?

Seleana nods slowly.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, as I am able.

Halo nods, puts the truck into gear and pulls out, driving them up the road to their training session.

Halo: How many we gonna have workin’ with on this one?

Seleana Zdunich: I had hoped for everyone but Christina is indisposed with work at the Golden Ring.

Halo nods understandingly.

Halo: Yeah, Brit had somethin’ else to be doin’ too.

Seleana Zdunich: Shenzi and Li were both willing to come for this given the schedule for the next week Shenzi and I have. Jenni and Maja were to come with them as well. I was able to contact Rain and GoGo and they’ve agreed to be there as well.

Halo can’t help but smile at the idea of training with her twin sister.     

Halo: We does have us a nasty ass schedule this week. SRW on Thursday, WWR on Friday, SCW on Sunday and then y’all gotta worry about WWA next week too.

Seleana nods slowly. It was true, there were many matches to think about in the coming two weeks.

Seleana Zdunich: We are lucky that we do not need to worry about WWA for nearly a week’s time after the others. Shenzi and I will have plenty of time to ready ourselves for that one. Bianca and Veronica on Thursday are the most imminently pressing matter with Simply Glamorous waiting for Friday.

Halo nods.

Halo: Then you got Amber Ryan on Sunday.

Seleana nods quickly in response.

Seleana Zdunich: Your schedule is almost as full, ja?

Halo nods grimly.

Halo: Hardcore Championship with Katie Chaos on Wednesday, that ain’t gonna be no picnic at all! Team match on Friday with Brit, Jonna Austin and Misty Malandro against Diamond Caldwell, Azurine Vebbins, Trixie Decker and Super Tiger and every one of them on that team a current champion.     

Seleana nods again.

Seleana Zdunich: Brittany has taken a seemingly strange tact with you lot. Why has she done this?

Halo shrugs.

Halo: How should I know? I ain’t the one chasin’ the fart down the pant leg!   

Shaking her had, Seleana frowns.

Seleana Zdunich: It seems a strange idea to run down your own partners when you require them to be on your side in order to attain victory.

Again, Halo shrugs.

Halo: Like I said, I ain’t the one chasin’ the fart down the pant leg. I couldn’t tell you what in the hell she’s thinkin’. I ain’t never pretended to play no head shrinker and I ain’t gonna start now. Brit’s always done things her own way. Sometimes it works and sometimes it goes down like a bad batch of shine burnin’ all the way down until you wonder what possessed you to even try that in the first damn place!

Seleana can’t help but smile as they pull into the parking lot of the place they will use to workout for this session.

Halo: Ain’t this what used to be called “Maguire’s?”

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, Shonn and Aerynn Maguire used to live here. Shonn trained fighters in here before they moved to New Orleans to join the Shieldmaidens and Chrome Dragons.

Halo nods slowly.

Halo: And it’s still in workin’ order?

Seleana Zdunich: One of the Maidens bought it back and gave it to their family. They use it whenever they come to Vegas to fight.

Halo nods as she opens the door to her truck. She and Seleana step out and look around.   

Halo: Don’t look like anybody else is here yet…

Just as she says this, a van pulls up with Seleana’s sister, Zenna, at the wheel. The van parks next to Halo’s truck and the doors open to allow Linnéa Lacroix, Maja Lindström, Jenni Taylor, Amy Rae “Rain” Annis and Kendra “GoGo” Goganious to step out into the parking lot. Zenna opens her door and pops out as well, closing and locking her door behind her.

ZZ: Vi är här.

Seleana smirks even as Halo starts watching a video on her phone.

Halo: Hey, Mama Sel, ain’t this Amber Ryan the one y’all fightin’ on Sunday?

Seleana glances over at the video and nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, it is.

Halo can’t believe her ears.

Halo: What in the fuck is wrong with this fuckin’...

Seleana raises her hands to try and calm the young blonde woman.

Seleana Zdunich: HayJo, it is alright…

Helo stares at her mother-in-law in astonished disbelief.

Halo: Like fuck it is! That fuckin’...

Seleana nods, her hands moving in a continuing attempt at calming.

Seleana Zdunich: It is truly alright, HayJo. I will give it proper consideration.

Halo points at the phone’s screen and the image contained therein.

Halo: She said…

Seleana nods yet again, her hands still raises, palms out, her voice remaining calm and soothing.

Seleana Zdunich: I am aware of what was said. I will give it it’s proper due when the time comes. Now, we both require practice for the week and this is what will be provided here. Everything will be alright. 

Before Halo can retort, a group of motorcycles pull up, each with a female riding perched on top of it. Seleana smiles as the Shieldmaidens arrive and park. Each disembarking thor rides to follow their President, Alex “Bullet” Carbajal towards the group waiting by the door to the building.

Alex "Bullet" Carbajal:  ¿A la orden?

Seleana smiles.

Seleana Zdunich: Si, necesitamos ayuda.

Bullet nods to the woman standing to her right, a shorter woman dressed similarly to Bullet but sporting a mohawk haircut. The woman, Full Patch “Psycho” Saoirse Maguire, produces a key.

"Psycho" Saoirse Maguire: Love tae bae o’ service, Lass!

The others standing there with Bullet and Psycho, Road Captain Becca “Bruiser” Maguire, Sgt-At-Arms Essentia “Sangre” Carbajal, Full Patches Jackie “Bandit” Layton, Kerry “King” Romero, Carmen “Turbo” Leija, Gabriela “Taza” Carbajal and Aoife “Banshee” Maguire all grin knowingly.

Alex "Bullet" Carbajal: We brought a few for the job.   

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: We are grateful and ready to begin when you are.

Bullet nods.

Alex "Bullet" Carbajal: ¡Qué chimba! ¡Vamonos! 

Everybody follows Psycho into the building as she, her sister, Banshee, and her wife, Bruiser, show everyone around their late brother’s place, everyone ready to get the training session underway.

On-Camera

Saturday January 30, 2021
Parking Lot
Zdunich Apartment
Las Vegas, Nevada
8:35 AM  PST

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich standing

Seleana Zdunich: I listened to you speak, Amber, and I came to a conclusion quite quickly.

She pauses and then nods even quicker.

Seleana Zdunich: You are right, you do not know anything about family. You do not understand how it works or anything else about it. You spent what seemed like a long time telling me how I deserve nothing and how you then were angry at me because I have been given what you never were and take it for granted and…

She shakes her head, looking both stunned and incredulous.

Seleana Zdunich: Family takes work both ways, Amber. It is not always easy but it is unconditional, something very few people seem to be able to understand. Some in our family have needed that at times and we are all only too thankful that it worked! 

Leaning forward, Seleana glares into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: Do you know what unconditional means? 

Seleana takes a step to glare even deeper into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: It means that even when my wife does wrong, I love her anyway! It means that even when my wife stumbles in her sobriety, when she fails at her recovery in any way, when she makes a proper cow of herself, when she shits in the blue locker, when anything bad happens…

She pauses, fire in her eyes as she points to herself in the chest.

Seleana Zdunich: I do NOT run away from the problem! I do NOT cast her aside as if she is a filthy piece of clothing that can be disposed of because it has become overly stained or damaged! I do NOT kick her, drop my trousers and simply add to the problem by burying her in even more shit than has already been flung at her!

She shakes her head, extending the same hand out that she just used to point to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: I reach out my hand to help her back up, dust her of, embrace her and hold her until she is ready to give it all another go again and if that takes longer than I think it should, so fucking be it!

Her hand retracts.

Seleana Zdunich: Unconditional means I do not place hoops in front of her and force her to play some stupid game to show she is worthy of my love and support. I made vows before her, my family and my God that I would do so without hesitation or force required! There are no stipulations, no contingencies, no hinges for everything to swing on!

The hand comes up and points to her own chest again.

Seleana Zdunich: You and others may not take that seriously, but WE do! She is my wife. She was my wife yesterday and she will be my wife tomorrow whether you or anyone else likes it! She is my wife and I am hers and I am not her wife so long as it is easy or pleasurable. I am her wife even when it means things hurt and bleed and cry! I am her wife even when it means the entire rest of the world thinks I should cut bait and run…

She pauses to shake her head angrily, her hand swapping the idea away dismissively.

Seleana Zdunich: NO! 

The hand now points accusingly into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: You do not like my wife, that is not my problem. It is yours! You can take your opinions on the subject and shove them into places you do not like to speak of on yourself so that when you shit them out all over again, which you will inevitably do, we can treat them with the proper care and respect they deserve, by flushing them down the loo like the rest of the garbage you spew forth!

Her finger points even more accusingly.

Seleana Zdunich: You know nothing about anything, Amber, and that was only reinforced by how you immediately moved to discount my and then everyone else’s championship reigns here in SCW by saying everyone has done it so it is no longer special. If the championships hold no meaning, then why are we bothing anymore, you simpering fucking cow?!!?

The hand falls away even as the fire in her eyes intensifies.

Seleana Zdunich: I may not have the best record but that has never stopped me from trying to attain championship standing in any company I have wrestled for. I have not always managed success but the failures did was spur me on to give it another square go! I climbed the ladder and was able to defeat Alicia Lukas for a championship, how many can say that? And when I lost that one, I kept going until I won another. It might not have been the same one but it was a champion many said I did not deserve even as they failed time after time to stop me from attaining and then retaining it!     

Her hand sweeps everything away again.

Seleana Zdunich: As for respect, I hold respect for your abilities, Amber and I hold pity for the sad and pathetic emptiness you display in your ignorance! You may actually be the first one to ever openly admit to being jealous of what I have and for that I say both I am sorry you were never given the kind of love, honor and respect like that and that it is not my fucking problem that you think what I am given by my family is undeserved!  All that shows is, again, that it is true that you do not understand a damn thing about it!   

The camera zooms in tightly on Seleana’s angry face.

Seleana Zdunich: Deserve has nothing to do with it! When you love somebody unconditionally, they don’t gain or lose worthiness like points in some bullshit game! You either do it, or you do not, there is no deserve!

Her head kants slightly to the right.

Seleana Zdunich: Christina, Eavan, Zenna, Linnéa, Mary, Haylie Jo, Alissa, Kelly, Jenni, these are all names of those in my family that the world would have had me disregard at one time or another because they had done something the world saw as bad or disgraceful and I stand with ALL of them through everything they have ever done and been through! And they with me! I tak none of it for granted because of all of the hard work, sacrifice and diligence it took to get here knowing full well that any of them could stumble and hurt me tomorrow! Knowing that I could have to put in even more work, more sacrifice, more of everything just to stay where I am right now and while I am sorry you do not understand that, it is also neither my fault or my problem that you do not have that!

Her head returns to its original upright position.

Seleana Zdunich: Come Sunday, I will work just as hard, just as diligently, just as unconditionally at educating you as properly as one can with a student that does not truly wish to learn anything! And if you fail…

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: Also… not my problem!