Author Topic: Brother David Shepherd (c) v Lincoln Daniels - Roulette Championship  (Read 1912 times)

Offline Mark Ward

• Not just a boss, THE boss
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hot Stuff Mark Ward
Post all roleplays for this match here.
Limits: 1 roleplay per week, per character, 10,000 limit.

Good luck!
>

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee

*NOTE: No longer giving feedback, if you wasn't good enough, you wouldn't be here.
No longer doing show reviews, I already know we're that damn good!

Offline The Good Shepherds

• View Profile
    • Gerald Shepherd
Re: Brother David Shepherd (c) v Lincoln Daniels - Roulette Championship
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 07:28:27 PM »

The Origin Story (Pt 4)
Tulsa, OK; May 7th, 2016

As I knelt before him, I looked into his eyes.  To anyone else, the eyes would merely be wooden and empty, but I felt as though I was literally looking into the eyes of Christ himself.  I often found myself in prayer in this fashion, but today, I needed a real heart to heart.  Today, I came to him, bearing my soul, looking for eternal redemption.  And there was no way that my father could find out.

My mind could not stop playing it, over and over again.  The devil had put a false sense of joy into my heart.  I felt butterflies fluttering around in my stomach. I felt dizzy, but in a good way. Warmth flowed through my entire body like a sip of the finest ale.  Serotonin was to blame.  And while this felt as innocent as anything could possible be, it felt so right, but I knew in the recesses of my mind that it was wrong.  I needed His forgiveness like none other, and that was exactly what I was seeking out, for hours, on my knees before Him.

Five months earlier…

I watched as Dax was eyeballing my father from the second he and Andrew Borg entered the ring to spar.  Father was teaching Andrew a few different holds.  Some of the same ones he had taught Mother Mavis and Sister Esther, but he refused to teach me because he thought it might “confuse” me.  There was an almost vacant stare in Dax’s eyes, but upon further inspection, there was oh so much going on in that well of brown and gold. They flashed around as bright as brown eyes could.

I studied him, trying to figure out what was going on.  Ideas of admiration of the skills was the first thought that crossed my mind. And if I didn’t know any better from the body movements and light grunting, and the soft “get ‘ems” he was muttering, I’d think that was it.  But I was getting a different vibe from him than that.  It wasn’t until I noticed the licking of the lips that it hit me.

Dax had a thing for Andrew Borg!  He set down The Good Book on the bench and I walked over to the ring.  I leaned inside to get Father’s attention.  He tapped Andrew’s arm while in the Rear Choke to let him know to let go.  Of course, Andrew had to rub it in for a second, as Father taught him to do.  But then he let go, and Father walked over to me.

Me:  I think it’s important that you and I have a talk right now.

Gerald:  It can’t wait thirty more minutes?

I shook my head and he looked back to Andrew.

Gerald:  Son, please give me a moment. I need to have a heart-to-heart with David.

I looked over at Dax, who had picked up The Good Book to look at it.  That was a good sign, but I still had my own reservations.

Me:  I think Andrew should be part of this as well, Father. Could you please join us?

Andrew slid out of the ring and gave my backside a slap, before realizing that it probably wasn’t the best idea.  The three of us walked away from the ring, and toward the locker room area we had recently raised money to build.  I walked over and turned on the water of one of the three stalls to drown out our conversation.

Me:  I think we have a problem with Brother Dax.  It is a struggle that I know all too well.  I can see it in his eyes, and he needs our help immediately.

Andrew:  He is so strong willed.  He can, and he will overcome this.

Me:  I hope he does in one sense, and not so much in another.  And you should feel the same way.

Gerald:  Son, you’re burning daylight.  Get on with it.

I paused because I knew from personal experience what homosexual tendancies can do to a person, and the price to pay to move on from them.  It isn’t easy.  It’s difficult, and would take so much work to get past.  I almost wished I hadn’t initiated this conversation, but it was for his own good.

Me:  I caught Dax looking at Andrew with a certain look in his eyes.

Andrew:  Maybe he is envious that he is not quite ready for the MMA training.  You two are on the sidelines while the rest of us are practicing it.  Myself and Esther really have a knack for it.

I shook my head.  But then, it struck me.

Me:  And why am I on the sidelines?  Why?

Gerald:  David, this isn’t the time to bring that up.  We’ve been over it a thousand times, and you can’t expect to change my mind about it.

Me:  No!  You’re not listening!  I’m on the sidelines for this part of the training because of the demon on my back.  I think the same demon torments Dax.  I caught him licking his lips while watching Andrew getting put into different holds that might seem compromising if not in a wrestling ring.  I think it’s important that we start conversion therapy with him immediately.

Gerald stops and looked at Andrew.  He then looked at me.  I gave no indications that I was joking or being overly dramatic.  Gerald sighed as he looked out at the obviously straight man sitting on the bench.

Gerald:  He is covered in tattoos.  His beard is far more manly than anything you could grow.  His wrist is so unlimp that I can’t imagine that you read the situation right.  Are you reading into something that’s not actually there, because Dax’s masculinity makes you question yourself.

Andrew:  If you can dream it, you can be it.  I have an entire chapter dedicated to that in my book.  You can be a straight man once you purge the demon out of you fully.

Me:  Guys!  I am as straight as an arrow.  My impure thoughts belong to good Christian women in media.  I’ve listened to every Amy Grant album out there.  I even thought about fixing a car the other day, and I didn’t have to look up a catalytic converter to know what it was.  Meanwhile, I hard Dax whistling to a Lady Gaga song while preparing for a bubble bath.

Andrew and Father looked to one another.  I nodded and had a look that probably appeared far more comical at the time, but I was dead serious.  And in three days time, the truth would rise like our Savior himself.  It was time to approach the situation with delicacy and poise.

Four months, 3 weeks, 5 days earlier…

The electrical sizzle was sick.  There was a smell that came off of him, and it was like burnt hair and frankincense.  It made my stomach hurt just thinking about going through it myself.  The same reel of tape on the projector in front of us.  A rubber tool in Dax’s mouth nearly fell out after the shocks had fatigued him.  Drool moved down his beard in beads, and onto his chest.  His eyes were filled with sadness as he looked around at the three of us, as if silently begging us to stop.  But Father kept going.  A luscious blonde jezebel moved around the screen, teasing the viewer with shimmies and sashays.

Dax simply nodded as he watched the woman move around.  He grunted as he tried to reach up and point to her.  His brain waves were off due to the shock.  His readings were off, and it was probably not safe to continue.  But, Father Gerald felt that Dax’s spirit was stronger than we knew, and that his body could withstand it.  So he continued.  A clean shaven man known in the gay community as a “twink” in a red speedo came into the shot.  His skin was well oiled and tanned, glistening from just having gotten out of the pool.  Dax’s brain waves responded, and he got another shock.  All seemed well until a few seconds after when Father was about to switch the image over.  Dax convulsed again, and he began shaking and making a choking noise on the rubber protector.  It was like he was being shocked again, but there was no voltage being conducted.  I quickly removed the gear and pulled the tongue depressor out of his mouth.  He began foaming as he had a seizure.

I began performing CPR on him immediately.  Chest compressions were in full swing.  The foaming stopped, so I brushed it away and began the breath process.  I was able to stabilize him rather quickly until Father pulled me off of Dax and threw me against a wall.

Gerald:  Don’t you EVER interrupt the process!  This is a very delicate matter, and we nearly had things where we needed them to really make a breakthrough!

Me:  He was going into shock!  He was going to die!

Gerald:  One less faggot to worry about!

He snapped at me and my jaw hung open.  Had my father been trying to kill Dax?  I couldn’t even imagine the thought. I pushed him out of the room and locked the door.  Though he could see through the glass, he couldn’t interfere any longer.  I placed Dax into the recovery position on his side, with an arm to prop his head up as he finished expelling the foamy liquid with a few choking sounds.  I patted his back as I glared at my father.  We shared the same glare with one another for what seemed like years, but was more like 15 minutes.  He walked away, leaving me to help Dax recover.  I had done this to him, and I would never let myself forget that.

1 day earlier…

Dax had, in fact, recovered, as you all know now.  He had come through, and after a few visits to the neurologist, we had concluded that there was some mild brain damage done during the process.  Of course, Dr. Green agreed to the “toaster gone wrong” scenario, and kept it hush hush.  In fact, it had made me feel sad for him.  He truly was a good man, just on the wrong path.  His kindness was unrivaled, and his willingness to please others was all that had really been needed.

Over the months that followed the conditioning, I had seen a more vulnerable side of Dax.  Brain damage be damned, he had picked up quickly on The Good Book.  He made it through the book in weeks, faster than I had.  We studied together a lot, and we did good deeds to make up for our inner demons.  We spent nearly every waking moment together, and he had grown to become my best friend.

We were just finishing up folding the tables up from outside of the local shelter in Tulsa.  It was a beautiful day out, and I couldn’t help but feel refreshed after handing out bagged lunches to the homeless.  I felt like one less thing had been taken off of my shoulders.

Mother Mavis stood near the pick up truck, unlatching the hatch as Dax and I carried the tables over on our backs.  Three at a time.  It was great for a miniature workout.  We made it to the truck, and mom offered to help us lift the tables into the truck.

Dax:  Mother, this isn’t work for you.  It is our cross to bare.

Mavis:  You boys are doing such good work.  Our Heavenly Father smiles upon you both.  But at least take a break and let me get you some lemonade.

Me:  We only want to repent for our sins.  Please, feel free to head back to the church with Ginny and Esther to prepare for our next stop.

There was something there that didn’t quite sit right in her hesitation.  She poured glasses of lemonade anyway.  She handed them to us one at a time, giving us a pat on the back for appreciation of our discipline.

Mavis:  Do not take me as one who will leave before the job is done.  It is my sins that have passed unto you, David.  I’m in just as much need of repenting as you both.

It was true.  Mom had said it time and time again that my condition was a result of her sinful lifestyle prior to finding faith.  She had fallen into habits involving pills and alcohol.  She had been unfaithful to Father while he served in the military.  The list truly went on.  But, I felt there was something more at play here.  However, I conceded, and took a sip of the lemonade.  Dax and I loaded the tables in, and I have to admit that I caught myself staring at the glistening sun reflecting off of his sweaty body.  Thankfully, the look was not returned, and I was able to silently pray the feeling away.

As we tightened the straps in on the tables and coolers in the bed of the truck, we were finished.  However, mom saw the trash strewn about by the filthy heathens who were used to living in trash and grime that they had no respect for the land.  She sighed and pulled out a trash bag.  She began picking things up as Dax and I started over to help.

Mavis:  You boys go on now.  I’m sure Ginny and Esther have made enough sandwiches to help bag by now.  This is the least I could do after you two did most of the work.

Me:  Well, that’s what men do.  It is our duty.  And do you really think this park is safe at 3pm on a Friday?

Dax looked around at the children playing on the swings, and the parents texting… whoever parents text when they’re ignoring their children.  He scratched his head and I saw his point.  I nodded as I slammed the hatch closed.

Me:  You got your phone ready in case there’s trouble?

Mavis:  Gone and git! The Lord’s work needs to be done!

She shooed us away, and we both entered the truck.  I immediately turned on the air as soon as the ignition was switched.  Dax slid his undershirt back on, while I chose not to.  We looked to one another, admiring our work.  I flipped the truck into drive as we began going back to the Church.

Dax:  You know, I really like these good deeds. Think I actually like them better than reading a book inside of the church.  It just makes me feel… bigger than myself.

Me:  And that’s what happens when God smiles upon us for living in his light.  We feel that warm glow all over.

Dax nodded his head.  The sweat had begun to soak his undershirt, and I noticed he was shivering a bit.

Dax:  Not sure it’s warmth I feel right now, bruh.  Think it’s more like an arctic chill…

We both chuckled a bit when I turned down the air.  Dax rolled down a window as his hand hung out of the window, positioned as if it had a cigarette between his fingers.  He mimicked the actions of smoking, and I could tell he missed the habit.

Me:  You know, purifying the body is one small way of getting closer to God.  But, sometimes we do deserve a reward for all the hard work we do.

It was then that we deviated and stopped for a pack of cheap cigarettes.  Truth was that I missed it too.  We knew that we could only do one, and the rest of the pack would have to go into the trash.  We parked around back so that no one from the church would see us smoking.  It made my nerves ease, and that fuzzy feeling flowed through my body as I leaned back into the seat.  Dax did the same.  We then decided that it would be such a shame to waste 18 cigarettes, so we had another, and another… We talked, laughed, shared stories of our past without shame.  He had mentioned his family back in Anaheim, California.  His parents that lacked spine to discipline him, even though that’s what he truly wanted all along.  His sister who was a real nightmare.  The light, and the dark.  Something that resonated completely with me.

I shared a bit of my past as well, but I drew back.  Dax put his hand on me knee and looked me right in the eyes.  I almost couldn’t look back, so I focused on the cross on his right cheekbone.

Dax:  I just told you that I fought bums for money, and you can’t even tell me what has you so wound up about seeing a half naked man?  Were you touched as a kid?  I mean, there’s other reasons to be gay, but…

Me:  I am not gay!

I tensed up and turns to shove Dax back a little.  Dax held his hands up in surrender.  The cigarette burned at the interior, and embers rained down on us.

Me:  I’m not gay.  I had welcomed a demon into my body long ago when I was living a heathenous lifestyle.  I’ve since expelled that demon.

Dax:  Me too.  Me too.  You know I have trouble with words sometimes. I meant to ask how the demon entered your body. I didn’t mean to call you a Sodomite.

I eased some as I began wiping at the burn, and it wasn’t as bad as I had thought.  It was barely noticeable, but that is when Dax threw the pack out of the window.  He began spraying air freshener over himself, and I picked up the pack of gum.  We traded off, sitting in silence for a minute.

Me:  I don’t remember a day where I didn’t like men until after my conversion.  I remember looking at underwear models as a kid.  Sneaking up at midnight to watch cable to try to see things I shouldn’t see.  I just feel like the demon was with me from the womb, thanks to my mother’s sinful lifestyle. But it’s my cross to bare.

Dax put the pack of gum down and put his seatbelt back on.

Dax:  Me too.  I mean, I think I liked girls and stuff, but I never wanted them. I felt more interested in hanging out with the boys and having sleepovers, cuddling up to them.  Nothing more until puberty, but I think I always knew. I just didn’t realize how bad that was.

Me:  It’s not even our fault!  It’s our parent’s fault.  Mine didn’t give a fuck about me until they saw me having adult sleepovers with boys.  Then it was “insert a cornucopia of homophobic name callings here”.  Then, it was shocking my brain until I couldn’t get a boner if I tried!

Dax nodded as if to say “Amen”.  But, that would be sacrilege, so he let that one go.

Me:  I mean, why the fuck do we even bother sometimes?  I say that I don’t like guys, but I just can’t do anything about it with my mother watching over me all the time, and the only thing to look at is Andrew Borg.  And he’s really just kind of an asshole!

Dax laughed at this.

Dax:  He’s a giant gaping asshole, bruhhhh… I just thought I was the only one.

Me:  I don’t even trust him.  I mean, who trusts somebody with a rat tail? Fuck me!

Before I knew what hit me, Dax leaned over and hovered over me.  He stared into my eyes, and there was a daring look hidden in the deep pools of brown and gold.  I couldn’t breathe.  My veins went cold.  He hung over me for a long, drawn out five seconds, before his face changed into one of sadness and shame.

Dax:  I thought that was a request.  I’m… so sorry… I…

And that is when I leaned over to get it out of my head.  I kissed him.  He reciprocated and I started to pull away.  Except that I grabbed his wrist and held it up against the doorframe.  He leaned back and went with it, and our energies were in perfect harmony.  Even as I knew how wrong it was, I didn’t care.  It had been months in the making.  I tried to stop, but there was no stopping what had been started.

And that was why I needed God to forgive me.  I had worked so hard, and had years of being free of that sin, and I ruined it.  I cried, and I begged for forgiveness.  I denied that lie in my heart that said I loved this man.  It felt too good to be true, and that level of sin could not produce a true love.  I actively denied it, so I couldn’t be surprised when Dax had disappeared the next day.  An answered prayer, or most likely, he head me crying and asking to remove those feelings from my heart.  Either way, it was for the best, and while I don’t feel those childlike feelings of freedom and wonderment with Ginny, I know I will once I am bore a son, or even maybe a daughter.  I was better off without him, and my life would soon show just that.

Revelations (Pt 5)
Saxon Hotel - Las Vegas, NV; 1/23/2021

So much was happening, so fast.  I had opened up my own chapter of The Church of the Good Shepherds.  I had established it in the most unlikely of places.  I had won the Roulette Championship.  I had defended it, even.  Yet, I had not been at my best.  I have not been fully present since I won the title.

But, that time was over, because I had someone I was not very familiar with that had become the number one contender to my title.  I had done some research on Lincoln Daniels, who was a fairly new face to Saved City Wrestling.  I had watched some tapes, staying up all night to do so, actually.  But, this morning, there was something more important than talking about a regional wrestler like Lincoln Daniels.

Standing in kiddie pool inside of the Saxon Hotel, I finish blessing the water.  It took a great deal of money to get the Saxon’s to allow this, but God smiled upon us when we were able to pool together the funds.  There weren’t a lot of people here to begin with, but the numbers begin to grow as the sun starts to come up.

Me:  By the power of God, the blood of Christ, and the spirit of the Holy Ghost, I bless this water and deem it fit for the baptism of anyone who wishes to save their eternal souls!

The line of people in their swimsuits begin to line up as I continue to read scripture of baptism.  One by one, for well over an hour, I save nearly 75 souls.  And the cameras bear witness to this miracle.  After the last person, I stop and smile, my suit soaking wet, but I feel refreshed nonetheless.

Me:  There is still time to come down and save your eternal souls.  Anyone who does not feel one hundred percent confident that their eternal souls will be saved for when the rapture is enacted, please come down to the pool area now.

I stop for a second as the water drips off of me.

Me:  That includes my opponent for next week, Lincoln Daniels.  Now, don’t get me wrong.  There’s a lot said for us southern boys and how we walk with God just a little better than the yanks and the west.  If anything, I think you are one who probably already has seen God.  He lives in the south.

I flash my charming smile.

Me:  But, one look at your wife, and I’m going to guess that you probably turned your back on him.  If I’ve learned one thing about tattooed people is that they’re nothing but filthy heathens.  They leach off of your goodness and light.  It isn’t hard to see that it’s probably why you’re doomed right from the start in this booking.

I walk over to the edge of the pool to lean against it slightly.

Me:  The heart lies.  It is easily swayed.  Trust me when I say this.  Your wife is disgusting, and you can do so much better under the light of God upon your return.  That is why I’m inviting you down here to save your soul.

I wave him down and smirk.  I know it’s a long shot, but it’s my duty to try.

Me:  Just imagine the possibilities.  You could be a champion one day.  It’s true.  I’m living proof of that.  God works in mysterious ways, but I think I’ve solved this mystery.  We were meant to meet up.  It was destiny.  You and me will go round and round in the ring.  It’s not gonna be pretty.  I don’t mean to sound like some kind of divination witch or something, but it’s just facts.  I’m going to throw you all around that six sided ring.  I’m going to put you on your back.  I’m going to pin you for the three count.  These aren’t opinions.  They are facts.  No doubt in anyone’s minds.  They see us booked against one another, and they’re going to go to the bathroom, because it’s predestined.

I stop and push off of the side of the pool.  I stand up from my seated position and my entire dress suit rains down upon the kiddie pool.

Me:  They know that I’m going to win.  And no matter whether you accept my offer or not, I will do what I say I’m going to do.  Don’t get me wrong.  You are talented.  You’re a decorated competitor in Georgia and Florida.  I’ve seen your skills.  Like I said, I stayed up all night watching your tapes.  But, you’ve got one huge disadvantage.  And that’s being held back by a heathen.  That’s not being saved, truly.  As my father has done in SCU, and as I have done in opening a new chapter of The Church of the Good Shepherds, I am looking to recruit people with promise.  And that is you.  You have everything needed to be successful in this business, except the right people in your corner, and without God by your side.  That truly makes you no better than your wife, or any of these disgusting pieces of gutter trash that pay to come watch us compete. But unlike a lot of them, there is still a chance.  So I beg you to come down and get saved.  Join me.  Join something bigger than you are already a part of.  This invitation doesn’t go out so easily.  So please, listen to your head, and not your lying heart.

I remove my jacket and send it onto the deck of the pool.  I brush my hair back out of my face as I step out of the pool and onto the landing.

Me:  The mystery is that you are supposed to lose to me so that you can truly see what you lack.  Destiny has written that you must lose to see what you’re missing out on, but what God can restore to your life.  This is your wakeup call, Lincoln!  And I know losing is scary.  I know that losing is humiliating.  But, you find God best when you’ve lost everything, and you’re down on your knees, begging for life to end your miserable existence!

I take a deep breath, because I can feel myself getting intense, a little too intense for someone as fragile as Lincoln to not be threatening.

Me:  And the fact of the matter is that, yes, your life as you know it will end.  You have the chance to shed your less than admirable body to ascend to what YOU truly deserve.  See, after I beat you down to your knees, and look down at you begging me to stop, I will not.  I will continue to beat you down until you are on your back.  And once you are there, I will become victorious.  I will leave with the SCW Roulette Championship.  I will go on to the next challenger.  But, unlike others who have and who will defeat you with a fair amount of ease, I will leave you with something…

I hold up a pocket copy of The Good Book in a plastic bag.  I shake the water off of my hands, and the book itself.  I take it out of the bag and hold it up.

Me:  I will leave you with the cheat sheet to live in glory.  From there, you will try to think about it, with that nagging pain going up your neck from the Ray of Light I will give you, and you will have a choice.  The right one, and the wrong one.  Trust me, I will be waiting.  I look forward to hearing what you have to say about that… next week.  Not in a few hours when this airs on the Sin City Network.  But, I have a feeling that’s asking too much.  Either way, Sunday, January 31st, 2021, the first super card of the year will be where we meet, where it all begins again for you.  Think long and hard about where you go from here, Lincoln.  See you next Sunday, my brother in Christ…

And with that, I leave the blind heathen to think about it.  I let him stare at The Good Book.  I make him face the glory that comes along with the greatest piece of literature ever written.  But then, I let him see my face as we fade out.

Offline Lincoln Daniels

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 11:11:41 PM »

Black Eagle Warehouse
Sylvester, Georgia
Off Camera

The sun was slowly fading in the west as Beak and Suarez have been working very hard trying to create some space for the new merchandise coming inside of it. “Hurry the fuck up,” Suarez shots as Beak is struggling with a medium size barrel filled with a mysterious substance. “I’m moving as fast as I can,” Beak fires back as the two men continue to move the product around. As they continue to work, the sound of a motorcycle vibrates in the distance. Beak is the one who hears the sound. “Were you expecting company?” Beak asks while hovering his hand over the handle of his hand gun stuck in his rear waistband.

“Not that I know of dude. Why are you buggin '?” Suarez asks while continuing to work on the task at hand. Beak keeps his eye peeled toward the door while continuing to work. The motorcycle gets a little closer as Suarez finally hears it. “What the fuck?” He shouts as Beak stops in his tracks. Suarez peeks his head out of the small window. “Who the fuck is coming?” He asks out loud as Beak is kneeling against the door. His hand is resting on the grip as the bike pulls into the dim light. “Nailz!?” Suarez was a little shocked at her presence. The bike cuts off as the helmet is pulled off and both men breathe a sigh of relief. “What the hell are you doing here Nailz?” Beak asks her while moving his hand away from the handgun.

Nailz walks into the warehouse, kind of shocked the two men were able to get it cleaned up. “Nice work men,” she praises them while ignoring the initial question. “SoHo called me and said we should be receiving a shipment in a couple of days. So we need to get this place ready, which you have done a good job thus far,” she continues as Beak and Suarez are looking at each other. “Thank you,” Suarez says, a little confused.

“I figured you guys could use some more help so that’s why I am here,” she finally gives them an answer. Beak is grinning as Suarez looks at her. “Are you sure about this girl? This is physical labor which I know makes you ill,” he jokes as she properly puts a finger up in the air. Suarez just chuckles as they return to cleaning the warehouse.

The Nest
Off Camera

The ride from the hotel took longer than SoHo had anticipated. He had reached The Nest right as the sun was beginning to peak over the Eastern sky. He parks his bike as Chainz is sitting on the front porch. “Good morning SoHo,” he says in a somber tone. “What are you doing up this early?” SoHo responds while leaning against the pillar.

“I couldn’t sleep. This shit with Charlie is really pissing me off,” Chainz replies as SoHo nods his head in agreement. As the two men continue their conversation, Tabor is seen stepping out of the Nest. “What’s the word SoHo?” He asked immediately. “We got a deal and we should be expecting a shipment within a couple of days,” SoHo answers while reaching into her vest pocket and pulling out a cigarette. He goes to place it in between his lips as Tabor nods his head.

“That’s some good news at least,” he says. “What did I miss?” asks SoHo. Tabor takes a deep breath. “He knows,” Tabor says as SoHo’s eyes widen. “Shit,” he expels as Tabor nods his head. “What do we do now?” Chainz asks. “That’s a good fucking question,” Tabor answers. SoHo looks at him. “This can either be good or very bad,” SoHo says as the three men just remain on the porch.

The Debut
On Camera

Who would have thought in my fourth match that I’d be given a title opportunity? I’m sure Bill Barnhart is livid after I slammed his fat ass right through the table. After all, I told you guys that I was going to be walking out as the number one contender. No one wanted to believe me. I knew after my performance against that scared bum Austin James Mercer that I would be on the road to something incredible.

Now that I get to face the Bible thumping jackass known to the world as Brother David. From what I could gather, this punk is nothing more than a cult fanatic with distortion to the word of God. I don’t know what is worse. The fact I have to carry this bastard the entire match or that he thinks it’s going to be an easy win for his lazy ass.

I mean think about it. This guy walks around thinking he is a saint when deep down he is just the devil in disguise. I’m trying to figure out what my wife has to do with this match. I heard your promo and boy you crossed the damn line. I don’t care that you talk like some religious nutcase with no truth in anything you have said about me.

I was born in the south. I was raised in a Christian home but my walk with Christ is no one's business.

Now you have talent or some might call it talent. I call it unimpressive. Everything about you is unimpressive. Now when it comes to me, I have been nothing but impressive. From the moment I stepped onto the scene, I have impressed everyone. So guess what I’m not done. I will continue to impress while kicking your pathetic ass all over that ring.

It doesn’t matter what the match is going to be because I’m going to impress everyone with how well I can adapt to my surroundings. Can you say the same thing? I doubt it. You are more focused on my marriage to the love of my life. My wife is more of a woman than any of those bitches in your group. However, she’s not the one who you got to worry about.

So go ahead, bring every religious cliche you can say because I’ll be more than happy to shove my fist right down your throat. Like I said before, I’m not afraid to go to that dark place that I’ve gone once before.

Brother David, I would advise you to speak softly or you will be sipping your meals through a damn straw. Your championship will be mine and that will make my debut simply INCREDIBLE!!!

« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 11:13:57 PM by Lincoln Daniels »

Offline Underground

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 08:32:32 PM »

Glory Most High/Copy That!
Las Vegas, NV; January 29th, 2021

The screen lights up as fans walk to and from the new version of SCW Super Card Fan Celebrations.  Everyone in attendance is wearing a face mask and face shield.  Groups stand 6 feet apart.  There are various contactless hand sanitizing stations around the outside of the Golden Ring Casino.  Even with the fan fair drastically changed, there is still that air of excitement for the matches taking place over the weekend.  Fans wear masks of their favorite Stars and Bombshells.  T-Shirts and hand painted signs are everywhere.  Water bottles, GRIME face shields, you name it.  Everyone strives to make it as similar to “the norm” as possible.

One of the biggest features is the option to virtually chat with your favorite stars for a nominal fee, or the more brave ones are in booths, behind plexiglass.  SCW Roulette Champion Brother David Shepherd rests in this category.  He sits in a booth, all by his lonesome, watching the fans gather at other booths to visit basically everyone but him.  It was a sad day indeed, as David looks around.  It wasn’t the lack of money that he was receiving.  It was all about the lack of recognition.  He grinds his teeth slightly, but tries to put on his most inviting face.

It takes several minutes before someone walks up to the glass and points at David, drawing over the rest of their foursome.  They clamor excitedly as they stay just behind the designated line.  David smiles and pulls The Good Book out from under the table and opens it up.  He is about to speak when one of the fans cuts him off.

Man 1:  This guy gets to team up with Roxi Johnson in the Blast From the Past tournament!  Bro, you guys are totally winning!!!

Man 2:  You idiot!  That’s the Roulette Champion!  Says so right on the belt.  So, do you think you’ll have to defend the title in the opening round, or will you have to wait until you reach the finals to defend it?

Girl:  Those blue eyes.  I wouldn’t mind getting between you and Osbourne!

David’s nostrils flare and his eyes train on the only guy who is silent, because his silence irks him most of all.

David:  I am NOT CASSIAN REED!!!

David’s outburst sends the group packing.  David leans back in his chair and crosses his arms over his chest, almost daring someone else to “try” him.  It is several more minutes before anyone comes back around.

Man 3:  We were wondering if we could get that CashApp returned so we can give it to Ca...

David:  Burn in HELL you disgusting heathen!!!

He scurries off once more, and there is a low toned chuckle heard in the background.  David looks up as the man casts a shadow over him.  The man snaps and a white light flashes, but David already knows who is standing there.

Gerald:   Son, I told ya it was a waste of your time coming down here.  Nothing you couldn’t have done up in your hotel room, ready to lose that belt to that insignificant little peon, Lincoln Daniels. Do you know what the worst part is?

David just glares back, almost as if he’s mentally checked out for a second.

Gerald:   Worst part of all is that he’s going to get one over on you.  He’s stayed one step ahead of you in promotional work.  He’s a decorated star.  He’s a disgusting heathen, but he’s prepared for you.

David continues to stare blankly ahead as Gerald continues on.

Gerald:   You’re a waste of The Good Shepherd name, and just as easily as you left us to pull up them big britches, we replaced you. There’s no room left in The Good Shepherds for you as a wrestler, or a son.  You belong with your sister with those down low gutter rats.  And deep down, you know it.  You’re useless, son…

David:  I’M NOT USELESS!!!

The small group gathered before David just looks at him, including the young girl who has just reached for her autographed picture of him.  His apparent daydream had gotten him all of the funny looks he could handle.  He looks at them, not exactly sure where to go from there.  The girl takes the picture, and the next person comes up, blabbing about how they love how David’s brought Jesus and wrestling together.  There’s a picture taken from the cellphone of a bystander, and then they move on.  Most of the people coming up were there for David’s apparent good looks, even if David didn’t feel completely up to snuff.

As his crowd narrows down to the last bit of this rush, David finishes with the last person in his line and he stands up.  He takes The Good Book under his left arm, and raises the Roulette Championship belt to his right shoulder.  There is a small podium at the front of the venue where Mark Ward and Christian Underwood had commenced the event.  David moves past security as he makes his way to the podium.  He doesn’t bother to pause to prepare himself.  Instead, he sets the Good Book down on the podium in front of him, and blows into the microphone, abruptly gathering the attention.

David:  Good afternoon, fan fair goers.  Welcome to Inception IV’s weekend long celebration.  I know these times are unprecedented, and have stopped much of the typical traditions from taking place, but we thank you for being here.

The crowd looks over at David, surprised at his sincere words.  They watch him as he props the Roulette Championship on the front of the podium, drawing even more people to pay attention to him, as a champion.  They gather in patches to watch.

David:  Speaking of typical, let me make a few things abundantly clear to everyone, including the most typical person in this business, Lincoln Daniels.

The crowd lets out a hushed “Ohhhhhhhh” in response.  David clears his throat and looks out to the crowd.

David:  I do not rescind my offer to guide you, Lincoln.  You are always welcomed into the open embrace of God, to hear the words spoken by His chosen prophets, and to live with purpose.  Far be it from me to take that away from you, even as you seek to take this title away from me.

David motions down to the belt propped up against the mic stand.

David:  You, just like everyone here, are welcomed to feel the loving energy of the most high being, our creator.  God.  The Holy Spirit.  Our Father, thou art in heaven… No one is beyond redemption.  As a former homosexual, I can attest to that.

The crowd gives off a shocked reaction as David nods his head, encouraging them to express their shock and awe.

David:  All you have to do is to look deep within yourself, find your own sins, and give them to God!  No one here is without sin, myself included.  So don’t think for one minute that you are not “good enough”.  Or that maybe you are “too far gone”.  I might express disdain for certain glorified sinners, but let’s be honest.  God has the capacity to love and to forgive, more so than any other being in existence.  God is good. God is great!

The crowd begins booing him, but he doesn’t care.  He moves along as if they were praising him.

David:  Lincoln, you expressed to me last week that you love your wife.  That’s great.  I applaud you for finding your project to fix.  Unfortunately for you, in the process of fixing her, she broke you.  And she conditioned you to believe that is okay.  You are a very weak man, a poor excuse for one.  You are the lowest form of human, in my opinion.  A spineless coward with a Big Bird yella belly.  But you are NOT beyond redemption, brother!  Realize your mistake, and give it to God!

David watches as the crowd begins to gather anything they can throw without getting booted off the premises by security.  David takes it all in stride.

David:  Don’t call me a mind reader.  I do not possess powers of divinity.  But, I know I’ve told you that before.  I know you listened well to my words, because everything you had to say last week revolved around what I said to you just hours prior.  At first, I thought it had to be a coincidence.  Am I really that predictable?  Are my sermons lacking that much, that someone who doesn’t look like he’s stepped into a real Church of God, throughout his entire life?  No.  You are just like the rest of the heathens, the deplorable ones, and the abominations.  You don’t have a mind of your own.  Therefore, you can only speak when someone has told you what to say, or has led you on.  Never in my wrestling career, have I relied on speaking what someone else has told me to say, much to my detriment with my own father…

David looks around, but doesn’t see his father.  After his daydream, he couldn’t be too sure though.  He scans the crowd, but doesn’t see his family anywhere.  He eases slightly and continues.

David:  I think for myself.  Just because I believe in the one true God doesn’t make me a sheep.  I am a Shepherd!  I lead those who cannot think or speak for themselves, because the moronic, idiotic, dense heathens cannot think or speak for themselves.  I lead them from the grips of the horned beast, just like I will lead you, Lincoln.  Away from relying on what I have to say in order to form a thought that even partially your own.  Your entire character is in question by me, and you have zero respect from me.  You never will.  And that is precisely why I am going to take you through hell and back during our match, whatever match type that might be.  I will take no mercy on you or your soul.  That, I will give to God.  I will take great pleasure in doing His work.

David has a sick smile on his face as the crowd gathers more now.  They want to watch the somewhat fragile young Shepherd actually break.  They want to see him go Street Prophet so that maybe he will be picked up by the psych ward and committed.  But, David reels it in a bit.

David:  But… once I have completed my mission.  Once I have proven once again just why I am the SCW Roulette Champion, tried and true, captured and defended in His Holiest name.  I’ll leave a copy of this book on your chest, Lincoln.

David holds up the Good Book high in the air for everyone to see.  He turns to give the full view to the crowd.

David:  I want you to do yourself a true service, Lincoln.  I want you to read this book.  Not in the way that you claim you do, where a man in a long gown stands at a podium and tells you his thoughts about the book.  Not in a place where you stand up and sing, kneel down and pray, sit down, and repeat.  Not in a place where they wave frankincense around at you to cleanse you of your sins.  But in the most private of places, so that the TRUE WORD can sink into that thick skull of yours.  Read it two, three, or ten times.  But make sure that you understand it, because the lessons in that book are free, but the lesson I’m going to teach you in two short days is anything but.  Call me predictable all you like, but your predictability is your true downfall for Sunday.  Any doubts that might have creeped into my mind were brought to the light and banished when I saw your little “speech”.  So when you approach me again, to avoid a repeat of that?  Make sure you come to me when you’re open to learning how to be a man instead of the cur picking at the bones in desperation, you little bitch…

Crowd:  LOOK HERE YOU LITTLE BITCH!!!

David smirks a little, giving a nod to his sister.

David:  I’ve spent enough time focusing on this challenge, because it is anything but.  I will be looking into the distance for my future challenger, someone who stands a chance, preferably.  So consider Inception IV in my rear view.  I’ll only be looking forward from here on out.

And with that, David picks up the Roulette Championship and places it on his shoulder.  He then picks up The Good Book and tucks it under his arm.  He steps down from the podium and begins to go back to his booth when he catches a glimpse of his father once more, snarling at him with disapproval.  They lock eyes before he fades into the crowd, and David bites at his bottom lip with concern.  Fade.

Offline Lincoln Daniels

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 11:16:31 PM »

Sylvester, Georgia
Off Camera

It was a rather warm day as the Black Eagles were standing outside of the warehouse. Tabor was leaning against the aluminum wall while pulling a pack of cigarettes out of his vest pocket. He smacks the bottom of the pack against his palm before sticking one into his mouth. “Does anyone have a clue when they are getting here?” He asks, a little impatient. “They will be here,” SoHo answers as he turns the corner. “Well, I’m missing valuable time with Falcon,” replies Tabor as SoHo just smirks. The crew knew that Falcon was Tabor’s girl but a few of the guys can’t help themselves when she is around. “Did you guys get the place ready?” He asks Beak while fumbling in his pocket for his lighter.

“We did the best we could before Nailz came and gave us a hand,” Beak answers as Tabor nods his head. 8-Ball and Sleaze are sitting at the picnic table while playing a round of the card game goldfish. “Can you two do anything beside play cards?” Suarez asks while placing his foot next to Sleaze. “This is how we passed the damn time,” Sleaze fires off his response while quietly cursing under his breath. Over by the shade tree sits Scugs as he seems to be enjoying a Cuban cigar. Voltore is having a quiet conversation with Zane when a large vehicle appears to be coming down the road.

No one seems to be looking until SoHo pulls out his mini binoculars. He looks through them before tapping Tabor on the shoulder. “Look alive,” he says while placing the binoculars back into his pocket. Tabor leans off the wall which causes everyone to jump. Scugs as his hand on his handgun while the others are reaching for theirs as well.

A few minutes later, the large vehicle enters the parking lot as the engine is left running. SoHo smirks as he recognizes Os in the driver’s seat. “Hello Os,” he greets the big man. A soft grunt resonates from him as SoHo just laughs. The engine cuts off as Os opens the door and steps out of the truck. SoHo looks around while scratching his head. Os lets out a deep grunt while pointing back towards the road. SoHo turns his head to see a white Jeep coming down the road behind the truck. Tabor takes a few drags on his cigarette before tossing a few feet away from him. The jeep pulls up to the side of the truck as Kenz and Charlotte both hop out of the vehicle.

“I hope you weren’t going to start without us,” Kenz jokes as SoHo quickly offers them a handshake. Tabor walks beside him as SoHo smirks. “Ladies this is Tabor,” SoHo says while motioning towards the vice president of the group. “Pleasure,” Charlotte says while looking at them. “We would love to stay and chat but we have to get back to Vegas,” Kenz says as Tabor nods his head. “You heard the lady, open the fucking truck and start unloading it,” Tabor orders his men as he turns back toward them.

“How much do we owe you?” Tabor asks them. Kenz holds her hand up while Charlotte looks at him. “You get our merchandise moved then we will get in touch with SoHo about payment,” she assures Tabor. As they are conversing, Os has already opened the truck and puts the ramp down. One by one, the crates of merchandise are leaving the truck and heading into the warehouse. Tabor watches as the men work like worker bees. Kenz walks over and lends a hand while SoHo watches as well.

“Let us know when you need more,” Charlotte says before joining the crew. Tabor and SoHo watch while standing back for a bit. “What do we do about Charlie?” he asks quietly. SoHo looks at him. “Let’s worry about that tomorrow. Nailz is meeting with Hawk soon,” SoHo answers him as Tabor looks back at him. He didn’t know Hawk was willing to talk so soon. “Let me know what comes from that,” Tabor says while moving towards the large group. SoHo nods his head while following him.

Inception IV Promo Video
On Camera

A red flashing light blinks in a dimly lit room as the sound of feet scuffle over the floor. A few minutes later, the light flips on as Lincoln Daniels is sitting in a chair. His head is shaking after finishing the recent promotional video from his opponent Brother David.

Obsession. That seems to be the overall theme I have come to realize when dealing with a religious nutcase. This religious asshole doesn’t seem to understand just who in the hell he is facing come Sunday. Any normal person would meet this asshole and ask themselves why put up with this sort of twisted perversion of the bible. However since you have thought very little of me, it makes me wonder if you are scared. Are you worried that your title reign could come to an end? I have heard every word that has come out of your mouth and I’m sorry I will never come to you for guidance. In fact, I don’t think you are the perfect “Christian” that you claim to be in all reality.

Why would I say something like that about someone who proclaims to be a preacher of God’s word? It’s truly simple when you take the time to really listen to your garbage. Out of all the things you have said, you have shown to be completely obsessed over my wife. Last time I checked, I didn’t ask for your approval nor would I listen to what you have to say. My wife is more of a woman than any of the sluts you hang around with David. Hell, she is more of a woman than you could handle. That is if you could handle a woman at all. Seeing how you want to question my marriage, I wonder if you value your health more than anything. Why? Because I don’t take kindly to someone calling my wife trash. You said that I was booked to lose to someone like you. Really? You are not that impressive. In fact, you are just plain boring. You have no idea of what you are getting yourself into come Sunday.

Lincoln takes a minute to catch his breath.

The way I see it is that you were booked to lose to me. Now that’s not me tooting my own horn but that is what I see happening. Have you not seen what I have done since stepping onto the scene? I took Austin James Mercer to his absolute limit. I put two men through the same table. Yet, you want to call me predictable. Please, you are the one who is predictable. Trying to hide your fear behind all this bible talk. Inception IV will be the night where Lincoln Daniels becomes a household name and it starts by sending your pathetic ass right back to SCU where you fucking belong.

I have read the bible. In fact, I have read it more times than I count but what does that have to do with anything. It doesn’t have a damn thing about this match but that’s how you are isn’t it David. Not only are you obsessed with me. You are also jealous of the fact that I’m not shy of who I am in this business. While you preach falsehoods, you are showing your true colors throughout every word that escapes your mouth. You act like this good christian man but in reality you're nothing more than a sinful bigot with nothing but hatred in your heart.

You hate people who wear tattoos. You hate my wife. You clearly don’t think of me as a challenger which is the biggest mistake in your entire life. Because you are underestimating me, which is the biggest no no in our industry. I don’t care if you respect me. I have no respect for a bigot who uses religion to hide his weaknesses. He is already assuming that he has this match in the fucking bag. You see David, I got other plans. I will shock the world when I plant your sorry ass firmly into the ground.

You can act like I am not a threat but that will just prove how stupid you really are when everything comes to the light. I will kick your sorry ass. I don’t need some fucked up nutcase trying to use religion to hide his fear of losing.

You can look forward toward the future all you want but know that the roulette championship will not be in your possession. So say your prayers, sing your songs because at the end of the day. It will be me standing over your broken body and that will be SIMPLY INCREDIBLE!!!