Author Topic: Myra Rivers (c) v Candy - Bombshell Internet Championship  (Read 1880 times)

Offline Mark Ward

• Not just a boss, THE boss
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hot Stuff Mark Ward
Myra Rivers (c) v Candy - Bombshell Internet Championship
« on: January 17, 2021, 02:59:16 PM »
Post all roleplays for this match here.
Limits: 1 roleplay per week, per character, 10,000 limit.

Good luck!
>

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee

*NOTE: No longer giving feedback, if you wasn't good enough, you wouldn't be here.
No longer doing show reviews, I already know we're that damn good!

Myra Rivers

"Sweet and Sour"
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 10:19:25 PM »
CC 290…

Opening up 2021 with a victory was a great feeling and I was experiencing that great feeling as I kept to myself in the locker room. I thought about the match, particularly the fact that I had pinned Candy and scored the momentum. The show is still ongoing at this point…

“That’s how you start the year…” I thought to myself. “...but don’t think about this too much. Enjoy it tonight and then tomorrow? The real work begins. Just because you pinned Candy tonight doesn’t mean you’re going to retain at Inception. After all, Candy has a history of…”

I had to hold my thought as I heard the doorknob turn from the outside. The door opened and an office official from the company walked in with something in hand.

“Myra… just who I was hoping to see!”

I didn’t react to this as he walked up to me and I could see he had an award for me.

“The SCW offices wanted to recognize the fact that you are now the longest reigning Bombshells Internet champion ever…” he said, putting me in an awkward spot.

“Oh… well…” I said with a tone of reluctance in my voice. “...thanks…”

I reluctantly took the award recognizing my achievement, one that I had neither sought nor focused on. The official nodded at me as he turned and left the room, closing the door behind him. I sat down in front of the lockers, took a quick glance at the award and set it to the side, feeling no sense of pride or accomplishment.

“Yeah… that’s nice…” I thought to myself. “But… that’s not why I do this. Anyway, as I was saying, Candy has a history of…”

Again, I couldn’t complete the thought as my phone rang. I was quick to pick it up without even looking at who was calling me.

“Yeah?”

“MYRA!” I could hear the excited voice of Jazmyn Rain over the phone, startling me for a split second! “GREAT win! You pulled through tonight! Congratulations! I am so proud of you for being able to step up in a situation where the odds were against you!”

“Thanks…” I said with a slight smile. “I know that the tag match was an uphill battle with questions about Caleb, with Candy and Augustino having so much chemistry and some history while Caleb and I were thrown together. But, we overcame the odds tonight and… I’m quite happy with that. I think that’s going to be a pretty good omen going into Blast from the Past. I guess being a four time tag champ does go a long way…”

“You got that right!” Jazmyn said with her bubbly enthusiasm. “You’ve got momentum going into Inception! Now go and break the title defense record and cement your legacy as the greatest Bombshells Internet Champion EVER!”

“Jaz…” I said with a groan, which drew a sigh from her at the other end. “It’s not about the record. I never aimed for it. It just… happened. If I retain and break the record, then I retain and break the record. It is what it is. I’m not going to throw a big celebration…”

“Oh come on…” Jazmyn said with an annoyed tone. “You SHOULD celebrate something like that! You know, the Myra that I grew up with would’ve been putting together a shopping list for decorations for such an occasion!”

“That was the old Myra…” I reminded Jazmyn. “You’re talking about 12 to 22 years ago. I’m not that Myra anymore…”

“Which is a SHAME because the ‘old Myra’ knew to have fun! I get that we’ve grown up and we’re in our thirties now, but what is wrong with occasionally living a little? There’s no reason to downplay what you could be about to accomplish. God, you were a GREAT party thrower back in the day…”

“I was…” I admitted.

“You were such a BLAST to be around. We used to have so much fun together. I remember that even though your mother had long died and even though your father was treating you like trash that you were still always smiling, ever the eternal optimist, ever the fun loving, carefree sweetheart. When we were tag team champions in PRW, you weren’t AS bubbly… but you at least did a skit on PRW television and went to a sports bar every once in a while.”

“Those were fun times…” I admitted. “But… that was the old Myra. That part of my life is over. Back then? I didn’t have Kimberly… and I wasn’t as hyper focused on my career at that time because I didn’t need to be.”

“Sometimes… I REALLY want the old Myra back…” Jazmyn said with a sigh. “Good night, I’ll talk to you later.”

Before I could utter another word, Jazmyn hung up the call. There was a part of me that was feeling sad that my younger years were over and that it wasn’t in me to be that perky, carefree, younger self that I was before, similar to Sam Marlowe and to a much lesser extent, Candy, my Inception opponent. I tried not to think too much of it as I got my ‘longest champion’ award and put it in my locker. When I did… I noticed the 8 by 10 that I had revealed on camera earlier in the night of my younger self and pulled it out of my locker.

I found myself sighing again, going on a trip to “Nostalgia Avenue” and remembering how things seemed so damn easy earlier in my life.

“Considering the roads I’ve travelled… considering what I’ve been through… considering all the awful things I’ve done in my wrestling past… I sometimes miss the ‘old Myra’ too. In those days? Everything seemed so simple. In some ways, a person like Sam or Candy reminds me of what ‘old Myra’ was like…”

Naturally… I began to flash back to such a time…

New Year’s Eve 2007

“CONGRATULATIONS GIRLFRIEND!!!!!” I could hear the bubbly voice of Jazmyn shout out to me as I walked into my living room. I was feeling a rush of excitement and joy as I ran up to her and we gave each other a huge hug! “You got your first mainstream wrestling contract!!!!”

“Oh my GOD! I KNOOOOOW!” I said with an excited tone of voice, even gasping in delight. “This means the WORLD to me! Jazzy, come on! Did you REALLY think I threw this party just because it was New Year’s Eve? Bitch PLEASE! I did it to celebrate my contract because… you know… DUH! It DESERVES a celebration!”

“Girl, don’t I know it?” Jazmyn said.

“GIRL… DUH!” I said with sarcasm.

“Like. DUH, GIRL, DUH!” Jazmyn said with a laugh.

“Girrrrrrl…”

We both exchanged an embrace and exchanged a laugh. Jazmyn pulled out her flip phone.

“Selfie time!” Jazmyn exclaimed with excitement. “You know I gotta get in on this with my main…. GIRRRRRRL….”

“Oh you’re too much Jaz!” I said with a laugh.

We took a basic smiling selfie, then a few silly ones which included the usual duckface nonsense, the one with our tongues sticking out in silliness and the selfie where we nearly kissed each other in the lips. Essentially, we were just two young Florida girls in our early 20’s having a real blast on New Year’s Eve.

“I’m going to get another drink…” Jazmyn said to me. “You want one… er… another one?”

“Sure… I feel like I can go another round with Mr. Mojito… or two… or… three...” I said with a laugh as she left. I walked into the crowd as the music in the background got louder.

“Great party, Myra!” I heard a familiar voice say. “And congratulations on the NSWA contract!”

“Thanks Scotty…” I said to Scott Lockley Jr., the son of my trainer as we both exchanged a hug… before I caught him in a playful sleeper hold. “You know you owe me money, right?”

“Yeah… OW…” he said at first. “Like you don’t have enough of it…”

“I still broke mainstream FIRST you know!” I said with a conceited scoff. “Scotty, come oooon… don’t ruin my vibe!”

“Alright alright… you won the bet!”

I smiled as I broke the sleeper hold on him. He said “ow” again as he held the back of his neck. I merely smiled and chuckled at him as I took the last sip of the mojito I had already had in my hand.

“Well, let me tell you about how AMAZING my career’s going to be…” I continued through my youth and stupidity. “...I’m going to be this massive star… kay? Then I’m going to travel the world and be MEGA famous and I’m going to be…”

“The wrestler of our generation…”

“TOTALLY!”

Jazmyn came back with a mojito and handed it to me and this gave Scotty his way out. “Dance Dance” by Fallout Boy started playing and we both had a bit of a mark out moment as we partied with the rest of the people. The next half hour was nothing but snapping selfies with some friends of mine, hearing congratulations from them, laughing, drinking, having one hell of a time.

I wasn’t worried about anything that could go wrong.

The night as a whole though, began to be more spotty for me memory wise…

“MYRA! MYRA! MYRA!” I heard the entire party cheer as I was drinking yet another mojito while I was on a mechanical bull in my backyard. I shrieked quite a bit as I fell off and hit the floor pretty hard. The crowd gasped.

“Are you okay?” a partygoer asked. I got up almost immediately.

“Totally FINE BROOOOOOO….” I said with a drunken laugh. “WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!”

The crowd cheered as my fun continued…

“RIGHT IN THE FACE!” I willed Jazmyn as she was chucking tomatoes at a picture of my father back in my living room. “RIGHT IN THE FAAAAACE! Come on Jazzy….”

Jazmyn’s next tomato splattered where my father’s face was!

“I GOT IT! I GOT IT!”

“YESSSSSS!!!!!!”

And the fun continued…

“Where is it? Where is it?” I asked. I was blindfolded with a donkey tail in hand. I felt what was a cardboard cutout of my father and then bent down. However, I stumbled right into the floor and I heard an audible groan. I was confused as I sat up. I removed my blindfold and I was looking up at Scott Lockley… Senior… and my trainer was NOT happy…

“Miranda Lynette Rivers, what the hell are you doing?”

“Um… pinning the tail on the DICK… cause… you know… that’s what my DAD is! Come on… don’t be a DICK Mr. Lockley… don’t kill my vibe maaaaaaaaaaan….”

“Are you DRUNK?”

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA nooooo… you’re sooooo funny....”

“This is supposed to be a big moment for you… a celebration of signing your first mainstream contract… and you’re acting like such an irresponsible brat! Young lady, you still have a lot to learn as to what it takes to be a real wrestler in this business. Just because you’re 23 doesn’t mean you’ve got it figured out. Did you forget that you were supposed to do your big speech tonight?”

“Speech…???” I asked. “Ooooooooh… that speech… no worries… I got this… kay?”

“This should wait until…”

“No no, I’m fine…” I insisted. “Can you help me up? I’m sooooo buzzed….”

My trainer helped me up, though he was quite annoyed which of course, I understood in hindsight.

Later…

The crowd, most of them drunk, gathered around me in my living room as I took center stage with a microphone. The music had shut off at this point and my eyes were starting to flutter a bit with exhaustion setting in. Still, the massive “CONGRATS MYRA” banner hanging from the ceiling gave me enough motivation to keep on going. I had some notes that I had pre-written on some cards before the party had even started, but at this point, I could barely read them. I sloppily threw them over my shoulder, not caring that I didn’t remember what I was going to say. I basically winged my whole speech being as drunk as I was…

“So… like… thank you all for comin’...” I began. “You are ALL such BEAUTIFUL people! So yeah like… we’re celebrating me signing my first mainstream contract with NSWA and I get to travel the WORLD Y’ALL!”

The crowd around me cheered as I continued.

“It’s a… REALITY becoming such a… such a… uh… what’s the word… DREAM! YEAH! It’s a REALITY becoming a DREAM! And… you know I love you ALL… RIGHT? My ol’ high school friends that I still got… thank you soooo much for voting me as your prom NSWA champion queen… whatever… what am I talking about? OH YEAH… I also want to thank my fellow students at my rasslin’ school… did I say that I love you ALL?!?!?!! Hahahaha…”

“WE LOVE YOU TOO MYRA!”

“And I’m gonna RULE HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEAH!!!!!!!!”

“You already DID! But you’re going to RULE NSWA!” Jazmyn screamed from the crowd.

“....oh yeeeeeeah…” I said with a drunken chuckle. “I’m gonna RULE NSWA….”

I punched the air with excitement.

“I’m gonna RULE all the BITCHES and become WOMEN’S CHAMPION there!”

Another excited punch in the air.

“I’m gonna RULE WRESTLING, BITCHEEEEEEEEEEES!” I screamed as I jumped in the air, almost twisting one of my ankles as I landed back on my feet. This small stumble did not deter me from being so hyper and excited. “In fact… to celebrate, I’m gonna sing a little song…”

I cleared my throat and… needless to say? The fun continued.

“I’m SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!” I sang off key! “I’M SOOOOOO EXCIIIIIIITED! I’M SO… SO…. wasted… I’m going to bed y’all… night…”

The microphone fell out of my hands as I stumbled over to my couch. I fell on it and basically have no memory of anything else that happened that night…

New Year’s Day 2008…

The next morning, I woke up with a massive migraine.

“Ugh…” I said as I opened my eyes. “...what the hell? Where am I? UGH! I feel like I got hit by a damn truck…”

Needless to say, this was the least fun hangover I ever had. I was able to sit up.

“You’re awake… good…” I heard the voice of my trainer say. I was quite surprised when I realized he spent the night keeping an eye on me.

“Yeah… I need to see Jazmyn for my morning margarita…”

“Oh no you don’t…” he told me. “Not after last night…”

“Last night…” I gasped when some memories from the night before began to come to me. “...wait… my speech…. Oh my god… I’m SO sorry…”

“You’re about to hit the mainstream wrestling business wrestling in front of the whole world, Myra. You may have gotten to party a hell of a lot and have a hell of a time in the Indies, but out there in the real wrestling world? They’re not going to tolerate this type of behavior. I hope the hangover you’re dealing with teaches you a valuable lesson about responsibility young lady!”

“...not now, please?”

“You’re a brilliant young lady and you’ve got such a big heart…” he reminded me. “But you won’t reach your full potential being a ditzy sweetheart, I’ll tell you that much. You’ve got to be on your best behavior, young lady! Your NSWA debut is in five days! Get it together! If you don’t and you stay as you are, the NSWA is going to chew you up and spit you out!”

“Can you get me some aspirin or something?”

“Sure…”

Mr. Lockley finally left me alone. I collapsed back down on the couch with my hangover sapping me of my ability to sit up for too long. I groaned some more, really hating my hangover as I was left with those words to think about from the man I would ultimately learn to respect as my father figure the more I matured and grew in the professional wrestling business.

After CC290…

I was looking at the 8 by 10 of my younger self once again, but this time I was doing so with a smile on my face as I lay down on my bed. I turned away from the picture of my younger self and lied on my back as I looked up at the ceiling, completing my trip down memory lane. I wasn’t exactly proud of my behavior on that New Year’s Eve night. I was still feeling a little bit of embarrassment that I made such a fool out of myself at that party. But in a more lighthearted moment, I at least got to laugh at myself and smile, showing that a piece of me still had some love in my heart for my younger, bubblier, naive self.

“I was such a joy back then…” I said with a smile as I began to come around on the sweetheart that I once was. “...I wasn’t exactly the smartest person in the room and I was, at times, highly egotistical and occasionally delusional about my own potential in wrestling… but I was loose. I didn’t care about the consequences. I spent my whole Indy career more focused on having fun and having a good time and living my dream and everything. And then I got to NSWA….”

I took a brief pause to sigh, briefly lamenting the fact that NSWA is when things started to skew a different way for me.

“...and I got a reality check that I hadn’t experienced before. It wasn’t as bad as it would be later on in PRW… but once I got to NSWA, people really took advantage of my sweet, bubbly kindness and it began to jade me. I was going through so much and then the ladder match in Vegas happened and I got SO irritated at how I was doubted and ridiculed and scored that I began to take things a little more seriously… which hey, great, it got me my big breakthrough moment and all…”

I paused and sighed.

“Then I moved forward to PRW and became the face of the company in the early part of my run there and that’s all I was focused on. It’s like… somewhere along the way, I forgot how to have fun…”

“You’re not wrong…” I heard the familiar voice of my now, ex-boyfriend Jayson Scheinder. Instantly, my feelings of nostalgia faded and when I sat up to look at him, holding a bouquet of roses no less, I felt nothing but contempt for him especially when he walked into my suite and shut the door.

“What do you want?” I told him. I slid off of the bed to meet him a little more eye to eye. He tried to hand me the roses, but I shoved them right back in his chest, causing him to laugh. “You have the nerve! We break up and you just walk right in. What is this? You want me back?”

“Something like that…” he said. “We broke up over the dumbest of reasons, you know. We broke up because you couldn’t accept me for who I am.”

“OH REALLY?” I said to him, feeling annoyed already knowing that what he just said was far from the truth and he was just trying to get to my head to get a rise out of me. “I thought you changed, Jay! I thought you gave up being a part of the problem of corrupting the business. I should’ve broken up with you after the shit you said about Sam, but seeing you be part of a kidnapping plot in another company… with your EX no less…”

“An ex that broke up with me more than 13 years ago Myra… JEEZ…”

“It’s not even the fact that Luci is your ex, Jay! It’s the fact that….” I took a brief pause remembering my long, historic rivalry with Jayson’s aforementioned ex back in PRW and much of the psychological scarring that she had put me through… especially when it came to one certain match when PRW closed. These memories caused me to snap. “UGH! YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT THAT WOMAN!!!!”

“It was almost eight years ago… get over it…” Jayson said with a snickering smirk on his face.

“GET OVER IT? Right at the end of PRW, that woman did nothing but torment me. She was PROUD of the fact that she beat me in my last match there… and what I thought was the last match I was ever going to wrestle… a match that I dedicated to my unborn daughter! She came up to me after that match in my locker room and ran up the score calling me a failure of a mother and a daughter, remember that? That DESTROYED ME! I went into a dark, downward spiral for YEARS because of her and SOMEHOW you think it’s okay for you to associate yourself with that person?”

“That’s my protege and one of my best friends, Myra…” Jayson said with a shrug, dismissing my feelings. “Of course I am going to help her! You can’t tell me who to be friends with.”

“Oh that’s SO rich from the guy who thought that I shouldn’t be friends with ‘pathetic’ Sam Marlowe because she was going to ‘drag me down’. You tried to control every aspect of my career in SCW from who I should be friends with to, to how I should conduct myself. I can’t do this anymore, Jay. I’ve known you for eleven years… as a rival, as a friend, as a surrogate sibling, as a boyfriend… and I’ve given you SO  many chances, defended you so many times. I keep telling people you’ll change and you’ll grow up and you never do! You never stopped being the complete ASSHOLE I met eleven years ago! You have your moments and then you just… UGH… I can’t deal with you anymore! You’re NEVER going to change!”

“No… I won’t…” Jayson admitted without shame. “At least I am true to who I am… unlike SOME people…”

This comment truly ticked me off and I was really holding myself back from wanting to beat the hell out of him

“Really?”

“How much longer are you going to keep playing the nice girl? Until Candy beats you for the title? You keep handing title shots to people that don’t deserve them like her and Sam and eventually it’s going to come back and bite you in the ass. I LOVED the take no shit Myra who would do ANYTHING to get her way… I STILL do…”

“You love the Myra that would be a complete bitch to everyone, who would torment and abuse her own proteges and who didn’t give a fuck if someone’s career was ended, that’s what you’re saying.”

“Exactly! The ‘EVIL’ Myra that you don’t want to be anymore was a KILLER! The REAL you didn’t give a shit! Seeing you turn on Jazmyn and torment her until her career was almost gone many years ago in GCW was one of the best things I’d EVER seen in professional wrestling.”

Seeing the smirk on his face as he mentioned this made me feel sick to my stomach.

“...you’re DISGUSTING! I didn’t just almost end her career, I almost killed her!”

“Remember when you stripped and humiliated Andrea on live TV and beat her with a belt? GOD, that was AMAZING! You put HER in her place just like you should’ve. It made her tougher. Look at her now! She’s one of the best wrestlers in the world after everything you did for her!”

My anger was only getting worse the more words came out of his mouth, but this anger was just making him happier. As tempting as it was, I knew he was only trying to push my buttons just like Andrea had.

“What? I’m speaking the truth here and while we’re on the subject of the truth? I never COULD stand ‘nice girl Myra’, EVER! I remember when we first met back in PRW, I couldn’t stand how happy and vibrant you were. I couldn’t stand the fact that someone like YOU was the franchise face of PRW. I couldn’t stand the fact that you were so generous, kind, caring and giving to everyone else in the locker room… YOUR COMPETITION! It made me fucking SICK. You’ve lost your edge ever since your baby daddy died…”

“Jay… don’t push me…” I said with an angry tone. “...for her sake, I HAD to let go of that darkness. You know that…”

“Ever since your daughter went back to live with you, you haven’t been the same. I HATE the ‘sweetheart, do gooder’ that you were before and that you’re trying to be again. I can’t stand people like that. She was too damn soft to be ANYTHING in this business…”

“Yeah… well ‘sweetheart, do gooder’ Myra won my first three world championships, my first ten total championships, and happens to be the longest reigning Bombshells Internet Champion so no matter HOW you try to spin it, that do gooder that you hate so much? She’s beyond good enough to be in this business… which is more than I can say for YOU…”

“Let me ask you this, Myra. If she really is good enough, why’d you get rid of her in the first place five and a half years ago? Oh right… because you got all up in your feelings over your last match in PRW and you let that loss get to you SO fucking much that you became the woman that I loved with every bit of my heart, that ‘EVIL’ that you want to swear off so damn bad. Again, it was nearly eight years ago. Get over it and get over yourself. You’ll never be that sweetheart again. You’ll never erase all of the horrible things you had done from GCW through UWA and through Carnage wrestling.” I suddenly found myself looking down on the floor and feeling quite sad about what I just heard. “Being the nice girl and having this reign doesn’t erase any of that. It doesn’t erase the fact that you shortened careers, fucked up the psyches of others and in the case of Maggie Lockheart in Carnage, possibly permanently altered her career. No matter how hard you try… that dark past will NEVER go away… and if you lose that title to Candy? You’re going to have a hard time keeping that ‘darkness’ away. You’ve gone completely soft Myra… and that’s not going to get you to a 5th world championship. Somewhere deep down… you know I’m right. The day you’ll realize that? I’ll be waiting…”

“You’re a pig, Jay…” I said, as my anger had been swallowed up by guilt and sadness.

Jayson just scoffs at this before he turns and leaves the room. I’d be lying if I said that those words that I had just heard didn’t sting or hurt a bit as I sat back down on my bed. The part of my career where I kept doing so much wrong and hurting so many people was starting to flood my mind again, giving me a sour taste of bitterness and regret that I had ever been that person at all.

“He’s wrong on everything he just said… I know that…” I told myself, trying to keep myself together. “Well… a lot of what he said. He’s not wrong about the past. I can’t erase it. I’ve known that for an eternity. I can never change or erase that. That’s not what bothers me. What bothers me is how he said I should just get over that painful memory at the end of my PRW run with that match… not because he said it… but because he’s right. It’s going to be incredibly hard… but I do have to get over that. I just wish I knew how…”

I sighed as I took a glance from a distance at the 8 by 10 of my younger self once more.

“Mr. Lockley was right… this business really DOES change people. He warned me that gradually, as I went along in the business, I was going to be less and less of the person that I remember. It really changed me so much over the years… but I doubt even he imagined how much it would change me. Now I’ve got to go in and beat someone who’s somewhat of an exaggerated version of who I was before: someone who has a history of pulling out surprises. I like her… but I’m not going to let her beat me. I didn’t let it happen tonight. I won’t let it happen at Inception. I’ve got to stay focused and keep doing me… because I am enough… I’ve been on the roll that I’ve been on just because I’ve been doing “me” this whole time. Maybe that’s the lesson in all of this…”

I lied back down on the bed and continued to reflect on things. At this point, I was past the mixed tag that Caleb and I won and my focus was squarely on Inception and retaining the Bombshells Internet Championship one more time…

January 23, 2021

The cameras were on and I was alone in the suite, ready to speak my mind regarding my upcoming title defense. I reflected for a bit on each and every title defense that I had up to this point. Having already broken the record for the longest reign, I knew that the focus of the match for some was going to be the opportunity for me to be the first champion to have five defenses in a single reign. But, I wasn’t feeling the pressure. Despite some of my internal struggles as of late, despite the fact that I was pining for my younger years to a degree, I was heavily focused on the task at hand. I wasn’t thinking about records. I wasn’t worrying about the past coming back to bite me in the ass. I was just focused on doing what needed to be done… and that was something that I wanted to make clear when I began to express my thoughts.

“I’m going to get this part out of the way VERY quickly. I’m now the longest reigning SCW Bombshells Internet Champion ever. That is in no way insignificant, I realize that. I know that I’m about to go into this thing with the opportunity to do what nobody has ever done and that’s retain this title five times in a single reign. I get that this is a big deal. But, it’s like I said when I won this championship from Kate Steele nearly six months ago: I wasn’t going to focus on breaking records and that’s something that I am going to stand by. My focus was being the best damn Internet Champion that I could possibly be, taking on all comers and making sure that I was going to overcome every obstacle that was thrown in front of me and for nearly six months, that’s exactly what I’ve done. I did it when I retained this championship three weeks later against Kate Steele despite the fact that she had given me such a tough challenge and could’ve easily cut my reign off at just three weeks with all of that pressure on my shoulders. I did it against Sam Marlowe when she could’ve caught me on an off night just like my opponent did against her last year when she won the Roulette Championship off of her. I did it against Maki when old darknesses and insecurities could’ve come back and haunted me. I did it against Seleana Zdunich at the biggest show of the year in spite of my history of falling short in a big moment like that in recent years.

It’s safe to say that I’ve done it all… or pretty damn close to it… as the Internet Champion. It’s evidenced by the fact that I had to put in an open challenge out there for this event… for ANYONE on the Bombshells roster to take it… and to your credit, Candy, that’s exactly what you did. I know that there may be some other women on the roster that feel like you may not deserve this opportunity considering you recently lost to Royal Purple, a GRIME wrestler, and since you haven’t exactly lit the world on fire since your Roulette Championship reign ended… but I wasn’t going to back down from ANY challenge! Twisted Sister could’ve accepted the challenge and I would’ve went for it! That’s how much of a fighting champion I’ve been. You’re an impressive wrestler… you’re someone that reminds me of a younger me, that’s for sure. Your bubbly, perky attitude is one of the brightest in the locker room, Candy, I recognize that. I appreciate that. You’re going to give me a damn good fight! But at the end of the day, Candy, when it all comes down to it? You’re not taking this championship from me.

I get that you’re the big ‘upset queen’ of this division.

You upset Sam Marlowe more than 12 months ago to become the Roulette Champion. You even hung in with SIN back at Violent Conduct. Yet, ever since you lost that championship, as I mentioned before… you just haven’t lit the world on fire. I hate to say that to someone such as yourself, Candy. I know that you’re an eternal optimist that likes to see the bright side of everything and I get that because that’s the kind of attitude that I used to carry in this business in my Independent years, but your greatest strength is also your greatest weakness and that’s the fact that… as awkward as it is to point out… you’re just too damn nice and try too damn hard to see the good in everyone. From a human being standpoint, that makes you better than most of the women in the locker room, but as you know, here in Sin City Wrestling… this isn’t a contest of who is the biggest sweetheart and the most optimistic. This is a contest of who is the best of the very best. I know you’re not aiming for that Candy, and I respect that. But even you have to admit that you can do better than what you’ve been doing ever since you lost that Roulette Championship.

Even you have to admit that sometimes, it can be tiring having so many people underestimate you again and again. I was very similar to you in my younger years back in NSWA and I dealt with it constantly and it nearly pushed me to quit because I just couldn’t handle it… so I had to take things just a little bit more seriously and low and behold, I began to shine. Don’t get me wrong Candy, you are VERY good at what you do. And yet, the reason why you’re not really lighting the world on fire and capitalizing on your potential to be one of the best of the best in this company is two-fold: one, you may have too big of a heart for this and two? You’re just not consistent enough. The beginning and the end of your championship reign personify this entirely! When you won the championship, you beat Sam fucking Marlowe… in my book… the greatest Roulette Champion in the history of the Bombshells division! That’s a HUGE deal! But you wound up losing the title to Violet Amelia Holt… and I’m sorry Candy… but that’s someone you SHOULD’VE retained the title against.

If it were ME in that situation losing to someone like Violet, I’d be PISSED! I’d be chomping at the bit for a damn rematch! But… you didn’t do that at all.

No… the sun set on your championship reign, it rose the next morning and… it’s like it never happened…”

I took a pause and my head filled with confusion for a bit as I recalled what I just said.

“Violet is one of those bombshells that are a ‘work in progress’ so to speak, but she somehow managed to upset you for the title. If you lose a championship to someone like that, then it’s going to be really hard for you to move up the ladder. I’ve been upset for championships before and it’s not a pretty feeling and I’m ALWAYS chomping at the bit to even the score… which… with Violet, that’s exactly what you did but unfortunately for you, she lost the title in two weeks to Seleana. This match for me, is a parallel situation. This time, I’m you and you’re Violet. I’m probably the favorite going in, but that doesn’t mean that I’m going to look past you. That doesn’t mean that I am going to overlook you. I proved that as such last weekend when Caleb and I got the win over you and Augustino. I know the ‘upset queen’ reputation that you have. I know how you pulled a fast one over Sam and with all due respect to one of my favorite people in this company, I’m NOT Sam! This isn’t going to be a lightning strikes twice situation because by this point in my championship reign, someone would’ve snuck up on me and beat me. Sam and Maki beating me for this championship would’ve been considered an upset. I didn’t look past Sam despite her struggles. I treated her as the decorated Bombshell that she is. I didn’t look past Maki despite the fact that High Stakes was looming. I didn’t look past you in our encounter last weekend with this match coming up. I didn’t look past Seleana knowing that my stock in this company was rising.

I’m as intensely focused as they come, Candy. This isn’t a match where you get to rely on horseshoes and glass slippers to become the Bombshell Internet Champion and yeah, maybe I am sounding a bit harsh, but I’ve always tried to be real and honest with my opponents whether they like what I have to say or not. Don’t get me twisted, Candy. I DO like you. I DO think you’re a hell of an asset to this division, but I know in my heart that going into this, I AM the better wrestler… that I have been the more impressive of us two ever since I came into this company. You want to compare championship reigns? Fine! We’ll compare championship reigns! You were the Roulette Champion for a long time… but who did you defend against? How is it that your reign… as long as it was… doesn’t get brought up very much? I’ll let the big board tell the story…

I took a pause and stood up, walking to a chalkboard that highlighted a comparison between my Internet title reign and her Roulette title reign, particularly the defenses that were had. On Candy’s side, the names “BELLA, DENISE, MERCEDES, BEA” are written and on Myra’s side, the names “KATE, SAM, MAKI, SELEANA”.

“Do you see the answer yet?” I asked as I continued to make my point. From ALL of your defenses, your most memorable defense was Mercedes Vargas inside of a steel cage and we all know the locker room talk about Mercedes to the point where some of the women in the room want her to retire. Compare that to my defenses in this reign so far… look at that list… you have one of the greatest Internet Champions ever, the greatest Roulette champion ever and two former world champions. My ‘weakest’ defense on the list is Maki… and I use that term loosely by the way and considering the decline Mercedes has been on for an eternity, you can even make the argument that my ‘weakest’ defense is stronger than your ‘strongest’ defense. On top of the fact that you lost the championship to Violet, which in and of itself isn’t good… the women you defended the title against? Bella Madison isn’t at the level of any of my defenses. Bea Barnhart isn’t at the level of any of my defenses. Denise Andrews doesn’t even work here anymore. When you look at that… you can see why your Roulette Championship reign is honestly passed off as a mere Cinderella run.

Your record on supercards is touted as well… but again, from your wins on supercards, Mercedes at High Stakes is your strongest win. The rest? Bella. Bea. Violet. They’re all talented in their own way… but again… none of the four are at the level of a Kate Steele, Sam Marlowe, Seleana Zdunich or Amber Ryan.

The bottom line is, Candy… as excited as you are going to be about this, the reality is that I’m going to be the toughest opponent you’ve had on a Supercard in quite some time… and you just haven’t shown the consistency that’s required to rise up and beat someone on the level of an Amber Ryan or an Alicia Lukas yet. It pains me to say this to you…”

As such, I took a pause and expressed a sigh of regret. A piece of me was feeling quite guilty and felt like I was being harsh, but the wrestler inside of me knew that I was just doing what I had to do as the Internet Champion and that I had no reason to feel bad about what I was saying to my challenger.

“...believe me… it does… because I DO like you but the bottom line is, you’re too much of a happy go lucky girl and that’s what holds you back from getting to the next level. I get that not all wrestlers here aim to reach that upper echelon. I understand that you’ll have your wrestlers that are here just to live a dream and be happy to be here… and maybe that’s you, Candy. Maybe you’re the wrestler that’s just happy to be here and you’re not for being a world champion. That’s perfectly fine if you are. But that’s not me. I’ve ALWAYS wanted to be the best wrestler that I could be. Sure, I was naive just like you at one point, but it was naive in the sense that everything was just going to fall into place and that I was going to be an accomplished professional wrestler and a top champion overnight. It wasn’t a puppies and rainbows thing like it seems to be with you. But still… I know going into this thing that I have a greater drive and determination than you do. You defended all comers yourself as the Roulette Champion, I will give you that… but the competition that you faced during that reign doesn’t compare to the competition that I’ve faced during mine. What Inception is going to tell me about you is how bad you really want this. Are you someone that REALLY wants to rise to the top and be one of the best Bombshells on the roster… or are you someone that is just happy to be here? There’s NOTHING wrong with either… at least not with me… but I know some of the women on this roster see the latter as a bad thing. Still, I know that for all of my advantages that I’ve got, you’ve got some over me.

The pressure is on me, not you, by default.

You’re way more capable of having fun doing this than I am… and I envy you for that trait, I’ll be the first to admit that.

And you have been an upset queen in the past… while I’ve been “upset vulnerable” in the past in my own right…

But Inception?

It’s NOT going to be one of those times, Candy. I’m going to go out there and do what I do best and that’s take things one match and one defense at a time… and be the best damn Internet Champion that I can be!

Notice how through all of this, I didn’t mention the title defense record?

That’s because I’m not about that. That’s not my main focus, Candy. That’s YOU… and at Inception, once I retain against you, I’ll show you exactly the fighting champion that I’ve been and will continue to be once I defend this championship once again…

At this point, I stood up and shut off the camera. Standing behind it and looking at the board, I was still struggling a little as far as whether I was too harsh on Candy or not. But still, in the end? I knew it was just business… and I knew it was me needing to represent the division that I was the champion of to the best of my ability.

Myra Rivers

"The Light at the End of the Tunnel"
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 11:45:19 AM »
April 24, 2013

This was the night. It was the most infamous night of my entire career for better or worse. When I walked into the locker room on PRW’s final show ever, I saw the marquee that advertised that I was going to be wrestling in my retirement match challenging for the PRW World Championship. I had already been exchanging hugs and goodbyes as the whole world knew that this was it for me.

“I’ll always respect you, I hope you know that…” Jayson Scheinder, my then friend and future ex would tell me. I was feeling quite sad that it was over.

“Yeah… I know…” I said with a sullen sigh. “I just hate that it has to end for me but I’m going into a new phase of my life. Becoming a mom is going to open so many doors for me that I never realized were there. Still, I can’t imagine wrestling anywhere else and I’m going to retire a world champion, I’m confident in that for a fact.”

“How can you be sure?” he asked me. “You know Luci is one tough bitch. She’s been an unstoppable world champion for the last six months. She’s also the only person in PRW to have ever won the world title three times.”

“Tonight I become the second…” I said with a defiant confidence that caught him by surprise.

“How can you be so confident, Myra?” Jayson asked me with curiosity.

“Because I’m fighting this match for the unborn child that I didn’t even realize existed until a few days ago… that’s why! With the spirit that this child is providing me, there’s no way I can lose tonight.”

“Are you sure you want to do that?” Jayson warned me. “I mean… haven’t you dedicated a match or two to your mother that you lost? Including one to Luci?”

“It’s different Jay…” I said, still with that stern defiance. “I know that I can and that I will win this!”

“Good luck with that…” he said, still not sounding all that confident in me. I didn’t say another word to him. I merely let out a sigh as he walked out of the room. I hadn’t been pregnant for long at this point and even then, I knew the risks. But, I still was going to give it one more go to have the happy ending that I dreamed about: retiring as a world champion… something that very few people in this business get to do…

January 24, 2021

It was about 10:30 at night and at this point in time, I was sitting on my bed, reflecting on that night with my sister Adrianna over the phone.

“If you had won that match….” Adrianna began with her question. “...would you have returned to wrestling at all?”

“Up until I came to Sin City Wrestling, that was an easy answer, sis. The answer would’ve been ‘no’ in a heartbeat. But now? I’m not so sure.”

“Really? What’s changed?”

“If I never came back, think about all of the stuff in my career that I would’ve missed out on. I’ve proven again and again that I’m a better wrestler in my thirties than I ever was in my twenties. I’d be missing the prime of my career… which… I HAVE to say is right now in SCW. I’m THRIVING against the toughest competition that I’ve ever faced. Sure, if I won that final match in PRW… I would’ve had my ‘happy ending’. But would I want that ending at the price of missing out on all this?”

“That’s a very good point, Myra,” my sister assured.

“But… it doesn’t change the fact that even now… after everything, I still regret that last night in PRW so much…”

I could hear a sympathetic sigh on the other end from Adrianna.

“I get it, sis. I understand that it hurt because you dedicated that match to Kimberly months before you even knew she’d be… you know… a she. I get that it hurt because it was Luciana who was your rival during your entire stay there. I get that it made you incredibly bitter and caused you to do so many horrible things for so long when you returned to wrestling and that you’ve got to atone for everything along the way. Still… and I hate to sound like a bitch when I say this… it was almost seven years ago now. At some point, you’ve got to find the strength to get over that.”

“You realize how hard that is, right?”

“I get it Myra. That asshole throwing that night in your face and reminding you that you ‘failed Kimberly’ doesn’t help. But you’re in a much better place now and maybe that’s something you should think about a little more.”

“Maybe I should…” I said with a sigh, still struggling with the idea of letting it go.

“I need to go… it’s past midnight here in Miami, as you know. Good night!”

“Good night!”

My sister and I disconnected and I wasted no time sliding into bed. I shut off the lights and some thoughts began racing through me.

“That was the worst night of my entire career…” I admitted to myself in my head. “It was the match where I had the highest stakes ever… and I failed. It’s no wonder I can’t have fun in this business anymore. That’s the night that did it. That’s the night where the ‘sweetheart’ in me died…”

Luckily for me, I was too tired to really think about it too much and it was almost in an instant after I thought those very words that I lulled into a deep sleep…

….

Before I knew it, I was in an empty room. I found myself surprised because I didn’t know how I ended up here. The room lightened up a little more and I saw myself in the basement of my Miami home which consisted of many framed memories and recognitions over my long career. There were my accolades from my Independent career, there were championships I got to keep from the NSWA and WXWF after those companies bit the dust, there were replicas of championships that I held in PRW, GCW, UWA and Carnage Wrestling. There was the SCW Bombshells Internet Championship in the flesh. And then there was that one, empty area in the PRW section that really bummed me out.

“There’s where the PRW World Championship would’ve been…” I said with a regretful sigh. “...that is, if I hadn’t been such a failure of a wrestler that one night…”

I noticed a television monitor nearby, hanging from the ceiling, which confused me.

“Weird… I don’t remember having a television in this room.”

I walked up to it and turned it on and the first thing that came up on the screen was that final match in PRW, a still image of being pinned in that very match and again, I could feel my heart sinking, almost as if I was reliving it. I was caught by surprise some more when the scene cut to a static and then cut to the locker room where I was watching myself bawl my eyes out.

“I don’t remember this being on tape…” I said as I watched what was happening. I looked at the locker room in PRW all walking by me without a care or a notice in the world. I noticed Luciana, my worst enemy in PRW and the woman that just defeated me to cement her place as the last PRW World Champion ever, sit near me and laugh at me.

“Congratulations…” I saw her say to me. “You failed.”

I watched myself not even bother fighting back.

“How does it feel knowing that I’ll ALWAYS be superior to you?” she asked me with a sneer on her face. “How does it feel knowing that you’re going to retirement as an absolute failure?”

“Stop it…” I said back in a meek fashion.

“STOP IT!” I watched my arch nemesis of that time mock me. “You’re going into retirement as a failure of a wrestler, you know that right? If that doesn’t hit you hard enough, what’s it like knowing that you’ve failed your mother?”

Watching this out on the television screen caused my heart to sink some more.

“What’s it like knowing that you’re what? Seven months? Eight months? How far along are you anyway? WHO CARES? What’s it like knowing that you won’t be a mother until the end of this year and you’ve ALREADY failed your child? HAHAHAHA! That’s SO rich and SO you. Goodbye Myra! It was nice knowing you and sending you off into retirement as the failure of a wrestler, daughter and especially MOTHER you always were and always will be…”

I could only stand by, shellshocked, as I watched her walk away from me and as I watched myself being left a bawling mess knowing… at that time anyway… that my career was over and there was no way I could fix what had just happened… or at least it seemed that way in that moment. I was in for another surprise as the television shut off without me even doing so.

“I never filmed that…”

“You didn’t…” I heard a familiar male voice say. My eyes widened in shock knowing who it was, but I didn’t want to believe it. “...that was drawn from your own memory.”

I turned around and I was completely wide eyed at the sight of Scott Lockley, my trainer and father figure who had died years ago.

“Mr. Lockley?” I asked with a stunned, but happy confusion. “What are you doing here?”

“I thought that my most successful student ever would be happy to see me!”

“I AM but… I’m so confused. What is going on here?”

“I came here for a final lesson…” he said with me as he walked up to me. I was on the verge of tears having witnessed and relived the most haunting memory of my whole career all over again. “...and to help you finally start the healing process with… you know… THAT!”

“I’m SO sorry that you died when I was being such a massive fuck up and doing such horrible things to the business that you taught me to love so much. I’m so sorry that the last time I saw you, I was so ungrateful and dismissed you entirely.”

“I was never angry at you for that…” he assured me. “Even the best of the best go through a phase like that. Remember when you signed your contract with NSWA and you had that drunken celebration and then the next morning, you were hung over and I told you that you had so much to learn and that the business wasn’t all fun and games?”

“You weren’t kidding…” I said with a laugh. “I’m WAY different now than I was 13 years ago. When I first got to NSWA, I was incredibly naive and WAY immature. I thought that success was just going to come to me because I was such a gifted athlete, but man, I was proven wrong so fast. Once I got a hold of the spotlight and had my big breakthrough moment, everything changed for better or worse. Sure, I was able to become the success that I had dreamed of being, but as the years went on, I changed more and more and I was having less and less fun with things…”

This mention brought another sigh of regret out of me as I was lamenting that I wasn’t that ‘sweetheart’ anymore.

“...I never broke the ceiling in NSWA and that was a bitter pill to swallow. WXWF caved during my first world title reign while I was STILL being scorned and criticized by the locker room. Then came PRW where my first world title reign there ended up being shorter than I wanted it to be and I was dealing with injuries a LOT and instead of living a dream, I was living life in rehabilitation CONSTANTLY. I was already jaded before my last match happened and then THAT happened and… well… the lighthearted part of me died for good…”

“No it didn’t” Mr. Lockley said to my surprise. “So you’ve had a roller coaster ride… to put it VERY mildly… over the years. And you’re going to let that stop you from showing the world every piece of who you really are?”

“According to SOME people… who I ‘really am’ is that horrible, fucked up evil person I was in UWA and GCW…”

“Myra, let me ask you this. Who do YOU think you really are?”

This question certainly lit up a spark in my conscience.

“You made a bunch of mistakes after you came out of retirement in GCW, UWA and Carnage Wrestling. Even now, you’re still going to make them. Yeah, they’re not going to be nearly as severe as the mistakes you made in those other companies, but you can’t expect yourself to be perfect. Do you REALLY think you’re the person that tortured Andrea in GCW, that sold yourself down the river and willingly allowed yourself to be second fiddle to someone else in UWA and that derailed the career of someone else in Carnage?”

“...I don’t…”

“So why are you so damn worried about it? Why are you even entertaining the opinions of someone useless like your ex? He doesn’t get to define who you are. Neither does Andrea, or Luciana or anyone you’ve worked with in the past or anyone that you’ve worked with now. I know I pushed you hard and that it’s going to sound odd coming from me, but shit… have some fun and celebrate your successes every once in a while. You’re about to become the most successful Internet Champion in Sin City Wrestling history and you don’t think that’s worth celebrating? You’re not going to enjoy that moment? You’re really just going to be a hard ass and move on to the next defense and the Blast from the Past tournament without acknowledging the records you’ve broken? There’s a BIG difference between not letting success get to your head and not allowing yourself to enjoy it… and sweetheart, you’re by far the latter.”

“So you’re saying I should’ve had those big celebrations that Jay tried to throw for me when I beat Amber, Alicia and Kate?”

“Oh fuck no, that’s letting success get to your head. You’re going to tell me that having a small celebration brunch with Jazmyn after you break the title defense record and is ‘letting it get to your head’ now?”

“It’s NOT…” I admitted. “...I’ve been as humble as I can be throughout all of this and I just… I didn’t want to let it get to my head for fear that I’d fall back into old habits.”

“Forget all that, Myra. You’ve got a chance to break the record. Go for it! You’ve earned the opportunity to go for it so embrace that! Seriously! This is what I mean! That last night in PRW REALLY skewed your mentality about this business! You lost a good, clean fight that night. You’re not the first, nor the last. Did you ever look at it like that?”

“No…” I admitted. “I was too focused on all that other stuff.”

I turned away from my trainer at this point and folded my arms, retreating a bit. Feeling down, I was also looking down on the floor when Mr. Lockley walked toward me and wrapped an arm around me, providing a moment of comfort.

“Listen, at the end of the day, that’s all that really happened. Sure, it was to someone you couldn’t stand and who tormented the hell out of you. But that’s all it was. You didn’t fail because you gave it your very best shot under those circumstances. Luciana was just better. It happens. It doesn’t mean that you’re a failure of a wrestler. Not one bit! Your mother would’ve been damn proud of you for the fight you put up. I know I was. Losing that match doesn’t make you a failure of a mother either. You mean to tell me you couldn’t use that as a lesson for your daughter someday?”

“You have a point…”

“You can’t hide that from her forever. She’s going to know about it someday. I think she’d respect you and really look up to you if she found out about it from you instead of somebody else. At the end of the day, you can’t continue to beat yourself up for that ONE match. You understand what I’m saying?”

I took a minute or two to really think about what he said. It was a bit hard for me to come around, but it didn’t take me long to realize how right he was. Here, I realized I had been beating myself up over that one match for nearly seven years and most importantly, I realized that it was long past time to stop doing so.

“I understand.” I said, suddenly not feeling so bad about it anymore. “I let that one match change me for so long and I’m not going to let that happen anymore. It’s like Jazmyn said almost 13 years ago in Vegas when I had my big moment: what other people say about me doesn’t matter! I’m not going to let my whole career and my whole self-worth be defined by that night anymore! I won’t! I’m going to enjoy what I’ve got NOW and continue to be grateful that I’ve got it because most wrestlers my age? They don’t get to experience what I’m experiencing right now and would KILL to be in my spot! I’m not letting something from nearly seven years ago take that away from me!”

“That’s my girl!” he said as I turned toward him and we became locked in an embrace for about half a minute. “I knew you’d figure it out! My work here is done.”

I was having a very warm, happy feeling within  me as I saw him turn and walk toward the stairs that led up toward my living room.

“Thank you…” I said as he got to the bottom of the steps. “...I really needed that.”

He nodded toward me as he began to walk up the stairs.

“Hey, one more thing…” I said to him, causing him to stop. “...when you get back up there, can you tell my mother I said ‘hi’?”

“Of course!” he said with a smile as he finished his walk up the stairs. I was feeling a great sense of relief as I turned back toward the television. I walked toward it, turned it back on and then was blinded by a surprising flash…

January 25, 2021

I rose up on my bed having been shocked and surprised, in a very positive way, by that dream that I just had. The room seemed brighter than it had ever been before and when I had a quick thought of that horrible night at the end of my run in PRW, it wasn’t bothering me nearly as much as it had before. I had a smile on my face suddenly feeling strong again.

“There it is…” I said to myself. “The light at the end of the tunnel! I’m not going to carry that burden or let that night define who I am ever again no matter what anyone else says!”

I slid out of my bed and from there, I began to tackle the day that was to come…

Later… (8:04 AM)

I stood by the elevator door of the Saxon floor that I had been staying on for virtually my entire run in Sin City Wrestling at that point waiting for Jazmyn Rain to arrive. She had just sent me a text saying that she was going to be running just a little late for the breakfast that we were going to have inside of my suite. I wasn’t bothered by this at all as I figured that she was going to pop out of that elevator any moment now. I heard a ‘ding’ from the building and my eyes lit up with bright anticipation thinking it was going to be her. But when the doors opened, it wasn’t her. It was Jayson. He walked through the door and saw me and he had a big ‘mirk on his face.

“Myra… thank you for sparing me the walk.”

“What are you doing now?” I asked him with my eyes narrowed.

“Happy ANNIVERSARY, Myra!” he said with a sneer on his face. “It was ten years ago today when your second of 2 PRW World Championship reigns ended and you lost your spot as the face of the franchise. It was also the last day you were ever relevant there because after that? You couldn’t stay off the injury list and you settled for being tag team champions with Jazmyn, a lame as hell IC title reign that was a sympathy comeback reign and nothing else… and of course… being Luci’s bitch. Hmm… maybe it wasn’t your loss to her on PRW’s last show that sent you down that downward spiral.”

“You know what Jay? Have whatever opinions you want. The bottom line is, you’re just trying to get inside of my head and control every aspect of my life because you’re a dickless, wonder boy who never met his true potential…”

“...I’m a three time world champion in my own right, damn it!”

“Struck a nerve, did I? If you’re so damn great, how come you haven’t been full time in the American scene since PRW shut its doors, huh? You had a hell of a career in your own right, Jay. I’d be a fool if I didn’t acknowledge that. The feud of the year we had back in 2010 will ALWAYS be one of my personal favorites… as does the match we had in July of that year that won ‘match of the year’. But the truth of the matter is, you could’ve done WAY better with your career with the potential you had… but instead, you spent it leeching off of other people and being a half-ass, entitled piece of SHIT that rarely wanted to work hard to meet said potential.”

“...Myra… you’ve got to be drunk now. We can work this out….”

“There’s NOTHING to work out, Jay!” I said with a stern anger in my voice. “You’re a two-faced, insecure asshole who has so much wasted potential to compensate for so in order to do that, he has to bring others down with him… and for more than a decade, that’s exactly what I let you do to me on and off, over and over. That’s NOT going to happen anymore. You tell me you love me one minute and the next you throw the worst night of my career in my face and openly mock me for it. One day, you’re spoiling me and the next, you’re trying to dictate my career telling me I shouldn’t be friends with certain people and that the ‘best Myra’ was ‘evil Myra’. You never, EVER liked me for who I am! That’s why when we first met in PRW, you tormented and tortured me for months trying to change who I am…”

“I mean… well… um…” Jayson was clearly stuttering and stumbling on his words because subconsciously, he knew that there was nothing that he could say that was going to debunk the cold, hard truth that I just presented him.

“The biggest fucking mistake I ever made with you was using your feud of the year as a basis of the mutual respect we used to have and giving you chance after chance to change when you never did change your ways at all. I should’ve just ditched you after we had that last match during that feud but… ‘sweet, innocent, naive Myra’ decided that she wanted to see the good in people no matter what. The mistake that was made was trying so damn hard to see the GOOD in you when you have nothing good within you in the first place. You took advantage of me that day… and many times since that day. I’m not going to do it anymore!”

“Once again… you’re not accepting me for who I am…”

“NO! I’m NOT! Because who you are SUCKS! I can not, in good conscience, have someone like you in my life anymore. I have you too much influence and too much power all because I was blinded by naivete when you gained my respect throughout 2010, or the ‘friendship’ that we had over the years, or more recently, when I was blinded by the love I felt for you. You don’t get to make me feel like shit anymore! You don’t get to dictate how I feel about myself and my career ever again! So, what I want you to do now is to turn around, get your ass back in the elevator, and not only get the hell out of my sight, but also get the hell out of my life. For more than a decade you’ve taken advantage of my compassion… and that ends today!”

“Well… ‘sweetheart Myra’ still sucks you know… you’ll never win a world championship again being anything but the evil bitch that I loved!” he said in a desperate, last minute attempt to get under my skin. Unfortunately for him, this didn’t work as I didn’t even cringe or flinch.

“Did you even hear me when I said to get the hell out of my life?” I asked him, getting a little bit more angry. “You’re taking these jabs at me because you can’t stand the fact that I have power over you and that I’m choosing to be done with your shit. I am who I am and I’m NOT sorry that who I am isn’t good enough for you. As long as who I am is good enough for me, that’s all that matters.”

“Don’t come crawling back to me when you realize I’m right…” Jayson said in one last bit of defiance as the ‘ding’ was heard again. The doors behind him opened and Jazmyn Rain walked through them. She was understandably confused when she saw him, but this didn’t last long as he stepped into the elevator, shut the elevator door and disappeared.

“What was that all about?” Jazmyn asked me as I shrugged off the conversation that just happened.

“Just me cutting out the poison from my life that’s kept me from being me for so long” I said. “I’m not going to be speaking to that bastard again for as long as I live.”

Jazmyn, who was well aware of the long history that Jayson and I had, could only smile at this.

“Good! Because honestly? You began to quit having fun in the wrestling business the moment that you and him began to cross paths in PRW. It’s not a coincidence. He was extremely toxic to you for so long. But hey, enough about him. Let’s go to our breakfast.”

“Gladly!”

Jazmyn and I walked away from the elevator and a piece of me was really feeling great knowing that I had left a giant part of the past behind me. In regards to the worst night of my career nearly eight years ago, I was beginning to feel, at long last, that the healing process had begun for that. I knew that I had been on such a long, hard road over the years due to so many of the things that have happened to me, a fair portion of it self-inflicted. But the fact that I was having the time of my life in Sin City Wrestling at the moment pretty much told me that I had very much learned and grew so much from that.

And Inception?

It’s going to be a historic, significant example of exactly how far I’ve come…

January 29, 2021

The camera was on me again as I had much to think about especially with a different perspective that was born within me recently. The closer Inception got, the less I was worried about the possibility of losing the Bombshells Internet Championship against Candy. This wasn’t for any arrogant reason, but Inception was certainly feeling that it was going to be quite the celebratory night for me. As I looked at an empty ring at a training facility, my entire run in Sin City Wrestling was coming back to me once again. Holding the championship over my shoulder gave me just the last boost of confidence to put me over the top and express my thoughts for the last time.

“I don’t know whether to be surprised or disappointed, Candy. You were extremely enthusiastic about the title match coming up. You were chomping at the bit to get a shot at my Internet Championship and up to this point, you haven’t even said a word about it. I’m not sure as to why that is. Was I too hard on you the last time that I spoke up about this match to the point that maybe it unnerved you? Did the last Climax Control affect your confidence somehow? I would how that the answer to both of those questions is “no” but I just wonder what is going on. Could, perhaps, some recent words said by Alicia Lukas about how you’re ‘all heart and no soul’ be true? I’m not going to dive into that conversation, but I will say that I expected a little bit more from you. You did give me a bit of a fight on the last Climax Control when we had our mixed tag team match, but at the end of the day, I was the one that won. Either you weren’t as prepared as I was for that match, you weren’t taking that match seriously enough because you were too focused on having fun with your Team Glitter shtick or you were holding back and saving it for Inception. Whatever the reason, you fell short and you ended up with some stunted momentum coming into this. It gives me all the more reason to be confident of victory, but at the same time, I’ve seen this movie before and I wasn’t even in Sin City Wrestling as of yet when this movie happened. You know what I’m talking about Candy…

When you won the Roulette Championship from Sam Marlowe, it was your second crack at her. Prior to that, you had a failed attempt against her in your last match of 2019. You showed that you learned from your mistakes and that you can make adjustments and that’s why you beat her the second time around, but again, that movie isn’t going to happen with me. I did my fair share of studying for that match and I’ve taken some notes of some of Sam’s thoughts and feelings going into that match and how she was carrying herself. I wanted to see the mistakes that she made against you going in. From studying her words, Sam was worrying too much about the ‘surprise factor’. She was surprised that you got another chance and that curveball happened to be too much for her. She’s worrying too much about a surprise out of nowhere happening. She’s admitting that she was cocky before against you but since you got a second chance against her? Essentially? She tightened up. She basically trapped herself in a mind game that she couldn’t get out of until it was too late and to your credit, you took advantage of that.

And you know… I admit that at some point, I was going down that same path until I realized that the way to fully appreciate what I’ve accomplished as the Bombshells Internet Champion isn’t to be so conservative and tight. The way to fully appreciate what I’ve accomplished is to go out there and celebrate what I’ve accomplished and go out there and break the record that I have the opportunity to break. I had been wanting to ignore the title defense record because I thought that putting ANY sort of focus on it would be a distraction when the real distraction was thinking WAY too hard to… you know… NOT think about it. I’ve got this opportunity, so I might as well embrace it. Sam saw this challenge against you as more of a burden than it was an opportunity to further cement herself as the greatest Roulette Champion ever.

The reason why I KNOW it’s going to be different with me is because I’m NOT seeing this as a burden anymore. This IS an opportunity to cement myself as the greatest Bombshells Internet Champion ever, and I’m going to take full advantage of it. Sure, it’s not the primary focus of my whole reign, but I can’t just IGNORE the opportunity at history. I’m NOT trapping myself in that mind game. You’re not facing a champion that’s worrying too much about a shocking upset this time, Candy. You don’t get to take advantage of a champion that is into her own head too much for a second time… not against me anyway! Sam admitted to the masses that at one point during her first encounter with you, that she WAS worried about losing the championship. That worry, Candy? It went with her into that match against you. I want you to know that with all due respect, when we fought at Climax Control in that mixed tag team match, I didn’t spend one second worrying about losing to you and losing momentum going into my championship defense at Inception. I wasn’t worried that you and Augustino had a brief history and better chemistry that Caleb and I had.

That’s because I’ve had confidence that I’ve never had before in my entire career!

Despite the fight that you gave me, I knew in my heart that I was going to pull through no matter what and it was that knowledge, that wisdom and that confidence that DID push me through and WILL push me through one more time.

When you beat Sam for the Roulette Championship, you caught a champion that was patting herself on the back for breaking a record and maybe… just maybe… Sam was a little arrogant to her own detriment. Hell, when I won this Internet Championship in the first place, I won it off of a champion who was focused on breaking records. Kate Steele just wouldn’t stop talking about having that fifth defense in a single reign, having the longest reign and having the most combined this or the longest combined that. But you’re not getting that with me. I’m now the longest reigning Internet Champion ever and I haven’t spent even one second patting myself in the back for it. Should I win at Inception, sure, maybe I’ll have myself a modest celebration of some sort because breaking a record IS a big deal. But I’m not going to put all of my eggs in that basket because I’m not going to get caught with my pants down just like Sam did. Sam went into that match figuring that what worked the first time against you was going to work again. Me? I know what adjustments I need to make. I know what I need to do.

I’ve learned from SO many of my mistakes over the years when it comes to falling short in matches that, on paper? I should’ve won but didn’t. In fact… I am going to take a moment to bring the big board back and highlight some of those moments…”

At this point, I paused and waited for someone from outside of the shot to wheel in the same chalkboard that I had used before to compare my Internet Championship reign with Candy’s Roulette Championship reign. But, this time, I wasn’t painting the picture with words, I was doing so with pictures. There were four pictures on the chalkboard, each with a word written above them. Notably, each picture had someone else standing above me in victory, with me being the loser.

“This first image here… it happened 10 years ago this past Monday…”

There was a bit of a sullen pause when I saw the image of another woman standing above me with the word “heartbreak” written over it. She was holding the PRW World Championship as I was being tended to by the referee.

“January 25, 2011… I was defending the PRW World Championship against someone that was a rising star and who would eventually become one of my biggest rivals of my career in PRW and GCW. She was destined to become a world champion and one of the best in the business. However, she had just gotten through a very brutal ladder match about a half an hour or so before this match and I was far fresher than she was. I SHOULD’VE won that match. On paper, I had a massive advantage… and she beat me… and it would be nearly six years before I’d ever hold another world championship again. That was heartbreaking for me, Candy. But what I learned from that is to NEVER take ANY opponent or ANY situation for granted. Did you learn that lesson when Violet beat you for the Roulette title? Based on how your career has gone since then, it doesn’t appear so. Did you even feel any sort of sadness or any sort of heartbreak or did you just wake up the next morning, the same bubbly person as always, have some donuts and coffee and move on with your life? I felt that loss for WEEKS, Candy. But it made me better! I learned that sometimes, you’ve got to be shattered in order to be stronger… even if that lesson didn’t quite hit me for another few years…”

I paused and focused on the second picture on the chalkboard, this one of me sitting in stunned silence as Andrea Hernandez stood above me as a winner back during our GCW days in the summer of 2017. The word “humility” was written above that. This one wasn’t as painful. In fact, I was wearing this one with a little bit more pride.

“Now… I KNOW that in reality… Andrea Hernandez beating me in a match wouldn’t be a surprise. But during the GCW days? Yeah, it was a shocker. She beat me and… it was pretty embarrassing. But, that did begin to humble me… though it’d be another year before I’d finally ‘get it’. You sometimes have to be embarrassed and humbled to grow as a wrestler and with you? I don’t know. I personally would’ve been embarrassed if I lost this Internet Championship to someone like Violet. Again, you didn’t seem like that bothered you very much. Humility is taking what you’ve learned from the embarrassment or the adversity and applying it to what you do to continue to improve and I know that I’ve done that in spades ever since this match with Andrea happened but you? I don’t know. As I covered in my last promo, you seem to just go around in circles and stay in place. Someone from GRIME even walked into SCW television and defeated you and you weren’t embarrassed that someone from what is considered the ‘developmental’ came in and beat you? That’s a match that on paper, you also should’ve won but… again… you didn’t.

The next picture that I wanted to focus on was a picture from a UWA event in Seattle in 2017 when I was laid out on the mat with someone else standing over me celebrating the fact that they just won UWA’s X-Limits Championship from me… and on a big stage show at that. The word “Focus” is written above the picture.

“Here… oh gosh… this was a real travesty for me. I should’ve retained the UWA X-Limits Championship in this match. But you know why I didn’t, Candy? Because I distracted myself in so many ways. My opponent didn’t even actually DO anything to earn that title shot, but he was granted one. He had been gone for a few months due to injury, and he walked right back in the door and was literally handed that shot. Was I focused on winning that match? I wasn’t. I was focused WAY too much on the ‘injustice’ of someone just walking in and being handed a title shot against me. I was too caught up in trying to break into the world title picture and trying to fulfill a quest for vendetta against someone that… in hindsight? I gave them WAY too  much importance than what they actually deserved. This match here… is where I made the same mistake that Sam made against you. But, I learned how to focus on what matters. Against Kate both times, I could’ve focused on the nasty harangues she was throwing toward me. I didn’t. Against Sam, I could’ve focused on the worry of her doing to me what you did to her. Against Maki, I could’ve focused on the fear of my old demons coming back to haunt me. Against Seleana, I could’ve focused on some past failures I’ve had on flagship shows in recent years. NONE of those times, I focused on the wrong thing which is why I not only won this title… but it’s why I’ve kept this title as long as I have. And lastly…

The final picture was the instant moment that my loss to Bobbie Dahl had occurred. As embarrassing as that was, I certainly wasn’t feeling that embarrassment anymore. The word “resiliency” is written above that final picture.

“...the only loss I’ve had in SCW to date and man, that was such a bitter pill to swallow. I hated that it happened… far more for WHO it happened to more than the loss itself. Of everything that I’ve presented so far, THIS is the one where I KNOW I have the biggest advantage over you. You have to remember that going into the next match that I had against Amber Ryan at Into the Void, that there was STILL that question mark hanging above over my head as to whether or not I could hang in this company from so many people. This loss… it had people wondering if SCW had made a mistake in signing me. But I was resilient. I took my loss, swallowed it, and learned as much as I could from it even though it had made me sick. There are two kinds of resiliency Candy… the resiliency where you move on and put something behind you without much thought… and the resiliency where you take it in the chin for a day or two, grab all the knowledge that you can from it, and move forward with the experience stronger and better. Obviously? I did the latter. You? None of your losses seem to bother you at all. Your nature just lets you move forward and that’s why you seem to stay in place.

Four brutal losses in matches that I should’ve won on paper, but didn’t. But they’ve shaped me into who I am as a wrestler and the record breaking champion that I am about to become. It’s these four matches that are going to help me prevent our match on Sunday from being a fifth instance of something like that. There won’t be a ‘surprise’ here, Candy. What’s going to happen on Sunday is that I’m going to retain and do what no Internet Champion has ever done and that’s five defenses in a single reign with the Internet Championship. You’re going to fight with your heart and that’s something that I can appreciate but at the end of the day, you’ve got to beat me with your soul… and I know that mine is stronger and more prepared for the battle coming up considering how much I put into this.

Hopefully when this is over, you take something out of it that will make you stronger and better coming out of this…

With full confidence I shut off the camera and pushed away the chalkboard. I looked at the empty ring in front of me and began to visualize things as I was hoping they’d play out come Inception. My focus at this point was making sure that visualization would become reality as the record breaking Internet Champion I felt in my heart I was about to become.

Offline Candy

• View Profile
    • Candy
Re: Myra Rivers (c) v Candy - Bombshell Internet Championship
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 09:52:17 PM »

Scene One: The In Home Interview.

Where: Candy and Marcus Cage’s home, Las Vegas, NV
When: Thursday, January 21st. Roughly 1pm.

**The scene fades up inside the home of Marcus Cage and Candy. Marcus was sitting on the couch in the living room, reading through some paperwork. He was wearing a pair of dress slacks and a white button up shirt. Candy was pacing back and forth in the living room wearing a beautiful light pink dress that went to just above her knees. Her hair was down and straight, parted on the side, as she paced back and forth, looking very nervous. Marcus noticed and put down the papers he was reading.**

Marcus: Candy, are you ok?

Candy: No, I’m not ok, Marcus. This woman is coming and she is going to be judging us and her entire job is to see if we are good enough people to take care of a kid. What if she doesn’t like us? What if she doesn’t think we are good enough?

**Fluffy and Hero came running in from the other room, and hopped up on the couch. Fluffy whimpered a little bit, picking up on Candy’s emotions. Marcus gets up and walks over to Candy,placing his hands on his shoulders.**

Marcus: That is just impossible.You are an amazing person with so much love to give. I think it is amazing that you want to be a foster mom. Every single kid that comes through this home is going to be so lucky and get so much love from both of us.    So don’t panic, and just be you. Okay?

**Candy smiles as there was a knock at the door.**

Candy: THAT’S THEM!!!

**Candy rushed to the door, Marcus behind her. She opens it and the worker walks in.**

Worker: You must be Mr and Mrs Cage?

Marcus: Yes. I’m Marcus, and this is my wife Candy. Welcome to our home.

Worker: My name is Tonya and I will be conducting your interview today. It shouldn’t take too long, and it’s pretty basic things.

Candy: Come on in, please.

**Candy welcomes Tonya into their home, and begin to show her around.**

Candy: This is the living room. These are my two bestest friends in the whole world, besides Marcus… Fluffy and Hero. They LOVE kids!

**As if on cue, Fluffy barked twice and wagged her tail. Candy offers Tonya a seat, and they all sit down. Tonya opens her folder and looks over some papers.**

Tonya: Let’s start the questions off simple. What do you do for a living?

Candy: Well, I’m a professional wrestler with the company SCW.

Marcus: I’m a retired professional wrestler. I still do the occasional appearance and what not. Between royalties on my merchandise and Candy’s income from SCW, we are pretty good financially as you can tell.

Tonya: That’s good to know. You guys do seem rather kind, Why do you want to become foster parents?

Candy: Oh… that’s an easy one! We both love children, and there are so many kids out there who need help. We have this huge house and the means to help some of them. So why shouldn’t we help them? I mean… the people with extra stuff should always help those with too little stuff… right?

Tonya: That is a very beautiful way to think of things. Well, your background checks are still in progress, but everything is looking good. We have all your personal and professional references,  so We will be in touch. It was great to meet you both.

**She got up, and they shook hands again before Candy and Marcus walked her to the door. After the door was closed, Candy lets out a sigh of relief.**

Marcus: See? That wasn’t so bad.

Candy: I KNOW!! I can’t wait to help take care of a baby. It will be so awesome.

Marcus: And then, after you beat Myra for the Internet Title… you can call yourself Champion, and mom.

Candy: I can’t wait!!!

**Candy smiled big and hugged Marcus as the scene faded to black**
user posted image