Author Topic: #AcceptNoSubstitutes  (Read 380 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
#AcceptNoSubstitutes
« on: February 10, 2017, 11:49:21 PM »
  #TrustTheProcess
5 de febrero de 2017 ♦ S A N B E R N A R D I N O, C A L I F O R N I A

[[ In the closing moments of a tag team wrestling match, the bad guy team has been dominating their opponents. The bad guy member in the ring attempt at sending his opponent into the ropes is reversed and he is tripped up by the third member of the good guy team from the outside before he scrambles to his feet and swings wildly at the interloper. When the bad guy member is surprisingly rolled up into a pin and the bell sounds, it was understandable that he might want to escape for a while. Both members of the defeated team are irate, screaming at their opponents celebrating their convincing win.

Sounds like a great scene for the next Southwest Airlines commercial, doesn’t it? Funny thing is, that scenario actually happened tonight at Climax Control 170. And if Southwest was offering special sales right now, chances are Mercedes would be on the first flight right out of San Bernardino. Six weeks into the new year, the Mean Girls were still trying to get back to winning again, but the outcome left a bad taste in her mouth that not even Listerine could vanquish. Dying Breed ruined Giani and Mickey’s debut and evened the score from their impromptu match at Inception to the surprise of many. In short, it was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad night.
Mercedes and Mickey are continuing to argue all the way out to the parking lot. .
]]

Mercedes: I can’t BELIEVE that just happened! How many times is this going to happen? Unbelievable! How the hell did you lose that match?

Mickey: Are ye sayin' dis wus me fault?!?!

Mercedes: I didn’t say it was your fault. I said I was blaming you.

Mickey: Oi wasn’t pinned. Not dis time, anyway.

Mercedes: It’s one thing not to get pinned, it’s another to leave your tag partner hanging. If you would have been there, Giani wouldn’t have lost. How could you have been so selfish? Why didn’t you save the match when Giani needed you? He would have been there for you!

Mickey: Ye forget yer man gave me cr'ahp whaen dohs bleedin feckin wankers attacked us from behind? We wud 'av won dat match if Giani didn’t act loike an arse!

[[Mercedes folds her arms across her chest as she addresses Mickey.]]

Mercedes: Did you forget that he took you under his wing? That was a waste of his sacrifice he made for you. That was a waste of the time he’s taken out to make you a better wrestler. Since Power Play broke up, it seems you haven’t improved at all.

Mickey: Loike lookin' into a mer-rer, isn’t it?

[[Mercedes stares at Mickey in shock.]]

Mickey: An’ since whaen ye start takin’ up for Giani? Oi tart yer were on me side, but oi guess oi wus wrong. Every week it’s de seem tin’. You’re never dare ter ‘av me back. Veronica wud ‘av been in ‘is corner the-night. Yer weren’t in me corner. This was a waste of our relationship.

[[Mercedes glares at Mickey.]]

Mercedes: Well, you know what? If that’s how you REALLY feel? Maybe we didn’t have one to begin with.

Mickey: That makes two of us because whatever you think we have between us, we never did. I’m finished with this conversation. And Mercedes, I’m finished with you. If you want to be another Mikah, that’s fine with me. I want no part of it.

Mercedes: Fine!

Mickey: Fine!

[[Mercedes turns and walks off but Mickey grabs her wrists and spins her around as they engage in a brief staredown.]]

Mickey: I know whose fault it is why we lost.

Mercedes: I do, too.

[[ A pause between them.]]

Mercedes: and Mickey: DAX BECKETT!

~ ~ ~

Blog: #AMostDangerousGame
semana del 5 al 12 de febrero de 2 0 1 7

When I found out I was facing Chelsea Payne this weekend at Climax Control, I was stoked. I was ecstatic that I’m facing someone new for a change. After all, that’s what SCW has been preaching lately: new challengers, new stars, new concepts to make this company stand out from the competition. But even though we’re in a new year, the more things change, the more they stay the same. Yes, we have a new World Bombshell Champion and the Bombshell Internet Champion retained at the supercard, but did you expect Jessie Salco to say that we haven’t seen the last of her in her never-ending quest to become Grand Slam Champion or Crystal Millar or Kate Steele saving face when they got beat in their matches? Of course you did. Because that’s what they do.

Did you expect another supercard would go by where I wouldn’t have my hand raised in victory? Of course not. Because this has happened every year since I first set foot in this company.

Now I may not be great at maths, but I’m almost sure that I was outnumbered at Inception. But I wasn’t outdone. Against all odds, I overcame the odds facing me without so much as breaking a sweat or a fingernail. I shut up Celeste North, I beat an entire lockerroom of Bombshells with ease, and the entire world saw Big Match Mercy do it again on the biggest stage. There’s a reason why I’m the only Bombshell to have never lost my first match at a supercard for five years now.

Sadly, the Mean Girls didn’t have a single win to their name before Inception, but I changed all that and I’m looking to continue our momentum against Chelsea Payne. I guess if SCW wants to put a rookie in front of me as my next opponent, you must be very special.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad you find me as a worthy challenger, but I think you might seriously regret accepting this match, and it’s not hard to see why. You probably already know what people are about to say. I think you have no business breathing the same air as me, let alone stepping in the same ring with me. Just think what a couple of dark matches will do you. In any event, SCW seems smitten with you – they always love the new people - and you have three matches under your belt and you’ve won two of them. At least you had what it took to beat Samantha, so you could remember your big moment in an SCW ring was beating a former two-time world champion but marginal talented in-ring performer, but then again I’m not anything like Twisted Sister, Celeste North or Samantha Marlowe for that matter. You’re going to find me quite the challenge this weekend, Chelsea. In fact, I’m going to make sure of it.

You’re standing in the ring with the first eight-time champion in all of SCW, the uncrowned World Bombshell Champion, and soon to be the author of your fate when I cross your name off my checklist. Whether you’re a second generation star looking to breakout from your father’s shadow or you want to coast on his reputation to success makes no difference to me because you’re going to need a little luck and a whole lot of talent to get past me.

There’s nobody that’s most dangerous when they have nothing left to lose. But what if you had nothing to begin with?

You like to shoot your mouth off, well you better watch your aim. I know you've only been here for a little over two months now and you're feeling a little brave, but that’s a line you really don’t want to cross. I’m the perfect balance of warrior and princess and with my temper, feisty attitude, and stubbornness, that makes me a lethal combination for anybody. Underestimate me at your own risk. You’re not the first to make that mistake and probably won’t be the last. But you will be the next to learn that lesson real fast this weekend.

I want you to enjoy this moment. Bask in it. Drink it in. Enjoy every precious second between now and Sunday because when I look across at you in that ring and I look into your eyes, it will tell me everything I need to know, and everything you need to know. So, bring the “Payne.” Do your worst, bring your worst. Hell, bring your best too, because even at your best, it still won’t be enough to beat me. You call yourself the Monster Slayer, but I think you’re confused on who’s the hunter and who’s the prey. You’re just getting your feet wet in your fledgling career and time will tell whether you have plenty of room to grow or a long way to go. And sister, I’ve being doing this for a long time.

So tell me, Chels, who’s the hunter now?

You’re the right girl at the right place at the right time. But you’re up against the wrong opponent. Sorry, you won’t get the chance to face Celeste again, but this weekend you get the next best thing. You get the person who actually beat her at Inception.

~ ~ ~

#AcceptNoSubstitutes
10 de febrero de 2017 ♦ L O S A N G E L E S, C A L I F O R N I A

[REC•]

[Mercedes brushes away a few strands of her hair from her eyes while her fingers fiddle with the small webcam perched atop her laptop. Along with her is Veronica Taylor. Looking from the lens to the screen, apparently confident that things were set to her liking, she sits back in her chair and smiles.]

Mercedes: So I bet all of you are wondering what to look forward to at Climax Control 171 this weekend...

[She pauses, nodding her head and looking around before refocusing her gaze on the lens ahead of her.]

Mercedes: No, no. Sunday isn’t about the epic rap battle of misery that’s going down in Irving between James Tuscini and Xander Bishop, it’s not about Kate Steele’s hubby making his anticipated debut, it’s not even about the main event snoozefest between Amy Marshall and Jessie Salco over the Bombshell Roulette Title in their best of three series, which is a crime worse than murder. Sorry those poor fans will have to sit through that.

Veronica: Whatever! Oh my God, like, where’s my rematch? Steve Ramone got his rematch for the Roulette Title, Kate Steele got her rematch for the Bombshell Internet Title, and Crystal Millar probably will get her rematch for the World Bombshell Title, but we have to suffer through three weeks watching The Metal and Punk Connection trading back the Bombshell Roulette Title?! Ugh! This is totally unfair!

Mercedes: I’ll tell you what’s unfair. Look at what we’ve been through the last few weeks: We were teleported away to Westeros to face Kate and Melody, I get put in a match with Celeste North and one-third of the roster, and now I get insulted when I have to face a rookie – a rookie! I don’t know what’s going on behind closed doors in SCW, but we’ve got a serious problem. Christian has lost it this time. He’s gotten out of control lately and Mark needs to do something about it.

Veronica: Seriously, though, what’s so special about Sunday?
Mercedes: Veronica, don’t you know? This Sunday is your 5th anniversary since you joined SCW. Let’s celebrate!

Veronica: What’s to celebrate? Where’s the guest lists? The VIP?

Mercedes: Uh, yeah, about that. They all had to cancel last minute. I’m not sure if you know this, but a lot of people hate you with a passion, Vero. Well, I guess you can say they hate the Mean Girls, too. That’s something you can’t teach. You know how when you were a kid and your parents used to tell you to always be yourself?

Veronica: Every Bombshell in our division probably forgot that lesson because they so desperately want to be us. It’s desperate and sad.

Mercedes: We’re like the New England Patriots. They hate us because they aren’t us.  Our confidence scares every girl in that lockerroom, and I can’t honestly blame them. We’re turning things around, Vero. I can feel it. The Mean Girls Reunion Tour rolls on this weekend and we’re just going up the I-5 to Irvine. We both have matches again and, I’m going to be honest, I’m actually looking forward to my match with Chelsea Payne.

[She runs one hand through her hair before she continues.[/

Mercedes: Hola, Chelsea. ¿Cuánto tiempo llevas aquí? You do understand Spanish, don’t you? I mean, you are Mexican, right? English, Spanish, it doesn’t matter how I speak it. There won’t be need of translation because losing is universal. What I do to you won’t even need to be spoken.

[At the end of this, Mercedes turns to Veronica, who goes eerily silent.
]

Mercedes: Veronica, what’s wrong?

Veronica: I’m facing Raynin this weekend! Raynin!

[Veronica stops breathing, on the verge of hyperventilating. Mercedes turns towards her and tries to calm her down.]

Mercedes: Breathe, Vero. Breathe. There you go.

[Veronica’s panic episode lasted briefly as she regains her composure.]

Mercedes: Look, calm down. It’s only One-Eyed Raynin, another one of those washed up has-beens coming back to steal our spotlight. She was away for months and no one batted an eye. While we’ve been busting our ass in the Bombshells Division, she was on vacation probably drinking virgin margaritas with Gothika or something. Plus, you and Mandy won the Bombshell Tag Titles from them that one time. Let’s just pray they don’t get them again because we know they will never show up to defend it. I mean, I think Joshua Acquin worked more days than The Fallen this past year. You’ve got this match is in the bag. You’re Veronica Frickin’ Taylor. Remember that! Raynin’s got nothing on you.

[Mercedes pauses.]

Mercedes: Okay, so she’s beaten you twice in singles. Third time is the charm.

[She tilts her head to the side in a slightly condescending manner leaning her head against her hand.]

Mercedes: ”Payne …

[Mercedes rises from her seat, leaning across the table and reaching her hand up towards the top of the laptop; her hands shaking the webcam.]

Mercedes: The Mean Girls have been here before you came here and we’ll still be here long after your gone, sweetheart. Sunday, you’re going to find out real fast why we are the most dominant stable in the Bombshells Division. And why you’re the next name on my checklist.

Veronica: Sorry bout’ it.

[Mercedes mouths the words “good luck” before the scene fades.]

>
<span style="color:Orange">SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
Fastest wrestler to 100 career matches on Climax Control (October 2019)
First-ever fourteen-time champion overall in SCW history, most by a female wrestler; fastest champion, male or female, to reach milestone between first and fourteenth title (November 28, 2021)
(2968 days/97 months between October 2013 and November 2021/8 years, 1 month, 15 days)
First-ever thirteen-time champion overall in SCW history, most by a female wrestler; fastest champion, male or female, to reach milestone between first and thirteenth title (April 11, 2019)
(2737 days/89 months between October 2013 and April 2021/7 years, 5 months, 29 days)
First-ever twelve-time champion overall in SCW history, most by a female wrestler; fastest champion, male or female, to reach milestone between first and twelfth title (June 30, 2019)
(2086 days/68 months between October 2013 and June 2019/5 years, 8 months)
First-ever eleven-time champion overall in SCW history, most by a female wrestler; fastest champion, male or female, to reach milestone between first and eleventh title (September 16, 2018)
(1799 days/59 months between October 2013 and September 2018; 4 years, 11 months)
First-ever ten-time champion overall in SCW history, most by a female wrestler; fastest champion, male or female, to reach milestone between first and tenth title (July 22, 2018)
(1743 days/57 months between October 2013 and July 2018; 4 years, 9 months)
First-ever nine-time champion overall in SCW history, most by a female wrestler; fastest champion, male or female, to reach milestone between first and ninth title (September 24, 2017)
(1442 days/47 months between October 2013 and September 2017; 3 years, 11 months)
First-ever eight-time champion overall in SCW history, most by a female wrestler; fastest champion, male or female, to reach milestone between first and eighth title (May 15, 2016)
(945 days/31 months between October 2013 and May 2015; 2 years, 7 months)
Longest consecutive pay-per-view appearance 66+ consecutive events since June 23, 2013 SCW pay-per-view debut)
Only woman to compete at every SCW pay-per-view in a calendar year for five consecutive years (2014-2018)
Only woman to compete at every SCW pay-per-view in a calendar year for 10 consecutive years (2014-2023)
One of two wrestlers and the first woman to win five different SCW championships (July 22, 2018)
1743 days/57 months (4 years, 9 months)
First-ever two-time World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (w/Traci Patterson) (June 29, 2014)
First-ever two-time World Mixed Tag Team Champion (w/Kain) (September 16, 2018)
First-ever five-time tag team champion overall in SCW history (September 16, 2018)
1652 days/54 months (4 years, 6 months)
Previously held record for Most career wins by a female wrestler in SCW history (December 16, 2018)
Previously held record foor Most career wins on Climax Control by a female wrestler in SCW history (February 3, 2019)
First-ever seven-time singles champion overall in SCW history (passing Goth for most career singles championship reigns all-time), most by a female wrestler
First-ever six-time singles champion overall in Bombshell history, (tied with Goth for most career singles championship reigns all-time in SCW history)
1442 days/47 months (3 years, 11 months)
One of six female wrestlers (Misty, Amy Marshall, Jessie Salco, Joanne Canelli, Roxi Johnson) and the second fastest to win a title in three consecutive years (May 31, 2015)
595 days/19 months (1 year, 7 months)
Second female wrestler, one of three (Amy Marshall, Roxi Johnson) and the second fastest to win a title in four consecutive years (February 14, 2016)
854 days/28 months (2 years, 4 months)
Only female wrestler to win a championship in six consecutive years:
1743 days/57 months (4 years, 9 months)
(Bombshell Roulette Championship, 2013, 2014; World Bombshell Tag Team Championship, 2015; Bombshell Internet Championship, 2016; World Bombshell Championship, 2017; World Mixed Tag Team Championship, 2018) 
Only woman in SCW history to become a multiple-time champion with four sets of titles (September 16, 2018)
Only woman to become a multiple-time champion with the Bombshell Roulette (x3), World Bombshell Tag Team (x3), World Bombshell (x2) and World Mixed Tag Team Championships in a career (September 16, 2018)
One of two women (Amy Marshall) and one of three wrestlers overall (Marshall, Rage) in SCW history to become a multiple-time champion wirh three sets of titles (February 14, 2016)
Third woman, one of only five (Joanne Canelli, Amy Marshall, Jessie Salco, Roxi Johnson) and the third fastest in SCW history to become a multiple-time champion with the SCW Bombshell Roulette (x3), World Bombshell Tag Team (x3) and Bombshell Internet Championships in a career (February 14, 2016)
First woman and one of only four (Veronica Taylor, Amy Marshall, Jessie Salco) to become a multiple-time champion with the Bombshell Roulette and World Bombshell Tag Team Championships (June 29, 2014)
Second woman and one of three (Vixen, Sam Marlowe) to become a multiple-time champion with the Bombshell Roulette and World Bombshell Championships (September 24, 2017)
Third woman and one of only three (Misty, Raynin) to become a multiple-time champion with the World Bombshell Tag Team and World Bombshell Championships (September 24, 2017)
Only female wrestler to become a multiple-time champion with the World Bombshell and World Mixed Tag Team Championships (September 16, 2018)
Second Bombshell after Any Santino and one of six female wrestlers (Roxi Johnson, Mikah, Crystal Caldwell, Keira Fisher-Johnson) to win all three singles championships (September 16, 2018)
One of five women (Kittie, Vixen, Joanne Canelli, Delia Darling) to have never lost their first match of a new year and the first to do so four years in a row (June 2013 debut, January 2014, 2015, 2016)
Second wrestler male or female after Jessie Salco and one of three (Jessie Salco, Roxi Johnson) to reach 50 career PPV matches (Into the Void X, 23 May 2021)
First wrestler male or female to reach 60 career PPV matches (High Stakes X, November 22, 2022)Most career PPV matches in SCW (surpassed Jessie Salco with 59, Violent Conduct VIII, September 4, 2022)
Most career matches on Climax Control<Most career matches in SCW
One of three women to have never lost their first supercard match of a new year and the first to do so five years in a row (June 2013 debut, January 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) 
First-ever SCW Queen for a Day battle royal winner (December 2 Dismember III supershow, December 13, 2015)
Second Bombshell to have wrestled 100 TV/PPV matches, fastest in history to reach milestone (September 3, 2017)
(1554 days, or 51 months between June 2013 and September 2017)
Fifth woman to have wrestled 50 TV/PPV matches, third fastest in history to reach milestone (July 19, 2015)
(777 days, or 25 months between June 2013 and July 2015)
Second-longest reigning Bombshell Roulette Champion 
September 14, 2014 - March 8, 2015 (175 days; 5 months, 22 days; held record for longest singles reign for 17 months after reign ended)
Most consecutive/successful title defenses, 5;
[record tied by Sam Marlowe twice on 24 September 2017 and 7 April 2019]
Second most combined consecutive/successful title defenses, 7; broken on 26 January 2019; [held record for most combined defenses for four years after third reign ended]
Second woman to have held Bombshell Roulette Championship three times (after Necra Octavian Kane) (September 14, 2014) 
Fourth woman and one of five (Misty, Vixen, Necra Octavian Kane, Jessie Salco) to have held a Bombshell singles title three times (September 14, 2014) 
Only woman to record four title reigns in a single year
(2014, winning the Bombshell Tag Team (March, June) and Bombshell Roulette (January, September) Championships two times each)
First woman in SCW history to go unpinned/unsubmitted in singles matches for up to an entire year (365 days) or more (434 days)
Longest Bombshells singles unpinned/unsubmitted streak in SCW history
(June 2, 2013 - August 10, 2014) -
14 months, 8 days/434 days overall/62 weeks
Longest Bombshells unpinned/unsubmitted streak in SCW history 
(June 2, 2013 - March 30, 2014)
9 months, 28 days/301 days overall/43 weeks
[Held record from March 30, 2014 - March 21, 2016
722 days/23 months, 3 weeks/103 weeks and 1 day]</span>

<span style="color:gold">The Checklist</span>
<span style="color:grey"><span style="color:gold">Faith</span>
Ambrosia Grey/Joanne Canelli/Laura Jackson
<span style="color:gold">Jessie Salco</span>
Nessa Wall/Jessie Salco (x2)
<span style="color:gold">Nessa Wall (x2)</span>/Traci Patterson
Misty/Vixen
<span style="color:gold">Traci Patterson (x2)</span>
Lizzie Short/Traci Patterson (x3)/<span style="color:gold">Joanne Canelli (x2)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Amy Marshall</span>
<span style="color:gold">Traci Patterson (x4)</span>/Jessie Salco (x3)
Emma Rose/Joanne Canelli (x3)
Roxi Johnson/Electra Styles
Jessie Salco (x4)/<span style="color:gold">Amy Marshall (x2)</span>
Felony Fontana/Rock Rose
Trishelle Jordan/Traci Patterson (x5)
Misty (x2)/Roxi Johnson (x2)/Amy Marshall (x3)
Necra Octavian Kane/<span style="color:gold">Natalie McKinley</span>/Joanne Canelli (x4)
<span style="color:gold">Necra Octavian Kane (x2)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Cynthia Warren</span>
<span style="color:gold">Zuri Chastain</span>
<span style="color:gold">Zuri Chastain (x2)</span>/Traci Patterson (x6)
<span style="color:gold">Traci Patterson (x7)</span>
Caleb Houston/Roxi Johnson (x3)
Amy Marshall (x4)/<span style="color:gold">Jessie Salco (x5)</span>
Amanda Cortez/Veronica Taylor
Amanda Cortez (x2)/Veronica Taylor (x2)
<span style="color:gold">Raynin</span>
Amy Marshall ((5)/<span style="color:gold">Raynin (x2)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Alexis Edwards</span>
<span style="color:gold">Amy Marshall (x6)/Kate Steele/Traci Patterson (x8)/Kahlan "Bliss" Fischer</span>
<span style="color:gold">Zuri Chastain (x3)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Alexis Edwards (x2)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Melanie Gabrielle</span>
<span style="color:gold">Samantha Marlowe</span>
<span style="color:gold">Amy Marshall (x7)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Samantha Marlowe (x2)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Crystal Millar</span>
<span style="color:gold">Celeste North</span>         
Dax Beckett/<span style="color:gold">Celeste North (x2)</span> 
James Tuscini/<span style="color:gold">Trish Newborn</span>  
Ivan Darrell/Amanda Cortez (x3)
<span style="color:gold">Kate Steele (x2)</span>