Author Topic: ARIANA ANGELOS (c) v COURTNEY PIERCE - INTERNET TITLE  (Read 4273 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
ARIANA ANGELOS (c) v COURTNEY PIERCE - INTERNET TITLE
« on: December 04, 2023, 07:02:15 AM »
Please post all roleplays here! Have fun and good luck!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Ariana Angelos

• View Profile
“Golden Angel Part III: Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold.”
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2023, 11:04:05 AM »
The time had finally come, Ariana was set to defend the Bombshell Internet Title against Courtney Pierce in a rematch from Violent Conduct with the roles reversed! But there was still one big question hanging over everyone’s heads as Ariana headed into her first PPV Defence, namely? Would her hand, injured by Courtney before Ariana could defend the title against Tempest, be able to stand up to the punishment? Ariana made it past the first defence but Bea Barnhart was nowhere near Courtney’s calibre as an opponent, can Ariana retain?

Local hospital, Las Vegas, Nevada
Thursday the 7th of December 2023, 18:00pm

Yeah, this is a fun way for me to spend the first week leading up to the Supercard.

Then again, if Courtney had succeeded in her attempt at breaking my hand, this match wouldn’t be happening, I wouldn’t be the Bombshell Internet Champion, I’d be at home, recovering from a broken hand for months on end.

Never been happier to just get a sprain.

But the dust is about to settle, my next defence is a rematch I’ve wanted for months now! Ariana vs. Courtney II and this time the roles are reversed, I’m the defending champion, Courtney’s the challenger!

Really the only thing that sets it apart from our first match is the fact that I technically didn’t chose my challenger! If anything? Courtney named herself as my challenger after I cost her the World Bombshell Championship.

An eye for an eye and all that.

Right now I’m at the hospital having a checkup on my hand, the thing won’t completely heal until about mid-February but it was good to get a status update on it.

”Oh no!” Francisco commented cutting off my train of thought and I glanced over at hi, we were in the doctor’s office waiting for word from the doc which was taking some time. ”Jessie’s been hospitalized.”

”Hospitalized for what?” I asked Francisco and he passed me his phone which I tool with my good hand, after reading through the tweets regarding the matter I shook my head. ”It sucks but given her prior drug use? I’m not really surprised that it’s to do with her heart, I don’t mean to sound insensitive but Jessie has been open about that fact for years.”

”True but it’s not something I like to see happen to a co-worker, and especially sad since Harper was there to see it.” Francisco responded as he shook his head and I nodded in agreement, ”She’s a sweet kid and she got on great with all of us at Thanksgiving, but she’s had a rough year.”

”I know I’d just want the year to be over if I was in her shoes.” I sighed as I brushed some hair over my shoulder before the door opened and the doctor entered. ”So what’s the word doc?”

“Your hand is healing fine you should be on the fast track to recovery by the New Year.” The doctor responded and I grinned in response. “Though that might be complicated by your upcoming match against Ms. Pierce, I understand that she was the one who injured your hand in the first place.”

”Yeah, that’s a long story that I’d rather not get into.” I responded as I shook my head and the doctor nodded. ”Any other tests to run or can I head home?”

“Your free to go, and your visit will be covered by the insurance company that Sin City Wrestling uses.” The doctor nodded in response to my question and I grinned in response before passing Franky’s phone back to him. “You’re not the only SCW Bombshell we have here, Jessie Salco was hospitalized last night.”

”Yeah, I saw that on Twitter.” I responded as I motioned to Franky’s phone and the doctor nodded as he got the idea. ”Mind sending her my regards? We’re no-workers after all and she’s been a bit of a mentor figure to me.”

“I shall pass your message along.” The doctor responded politely before we made our way out of the office and towards the parking lot.

”My injury? Jessie’s heart problems? Roxi unofficially retiring and Keira getting pregnant? I’m beginning to think that this time of year is cursed.” I commented as I shook my head and Franky turned to me. ”I’m not normally a superstitious person but you have to admit, this many things that can stall or stop a career happening at once is quite spooky.”

”For mow let’s treat it as a coincidence, until another Bombshell, retired or not, gets incapacitated in some way.” Franky responded as he shrugged his shoulders and I nodded in response. ”Besides, your injury didn’t stop or stall anything, you’ve been able to work through it.”

”I know but it could’ve! The card preview for my defence against Bea outright stated that I’d have to vacate my title if the attack had succeeded in breaking my hand.” I pointed out before pausing. ”Almost makes me wonder what match would’ve taken its place if that did happen? Somehow I doubt they would’ve given the vacated title to Bea.”

”I mean, they have been talking about swapping out Krystal with Bea in the Golden Briefcase Match after she made those tweets but nothing’s really come of that.” Francisco responded with a shrug before we made our way to the parking lot. ”Do you think you can beat Courtney with one hand though?”

”I was THIS close to ending her reign at Violent Conduct, the only reason she held onto that belt until High Stakes was because Ruby interfered in the match.” I pointed out as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”The fact that she only JUST got her manager’s licence makes that even worse, still, I’ll have Tempest backing me up and if anyone can keep that idiot at bay, it’s her.”

”To be fair Tempest can also keep most guys at bay, I’ve heard the stories of her strength and you saw the lengths Alesandra had to go to so she could retain the title in the Roulette Title Match last Sunday.” Francisco responded as he shook his head and I nodded in agreement. ”A tree and all that stuff pinning her down and Tempest still managed to get up once the match was over, I swear that woman isn’t human!”

”I’ll be sure to tell her you said hat the next time I’m at the Go Gym.” I teased Franky before we reached the parking lot, Franky got in the driver’s side as I hadn’t been cleared to drive yet due to my hand and I hopped in the passenger side. ”Until then, I have to figure out how I’m going to get out of this whilst wrestling essentially one handed and still have my title.”

”I get the feeling that this isn’t something you were trained for by Gabriel and Odette?” Franky asked and I nodded in response. ”I suppose you’ll think of something.”

”Yeah, if my Roulette Title Reign proved anything it’s that I am good at thinking on my feet and adapting to situations.” I nodded in response before sighing. ”I just need to figure out how I’ll apply that to a woman who spent a good few months as the World Bombshell Champ!” I added before Francisco sped off.

Ariana’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Friday the 9th of December 2023, 13:00pm

If you ask me? The Christmas break can’t come soon enough.

Not only will it be the perfect time for me to give my hand the resting time it needs but this year has been so chaotic in general that I’m just ready to see it through to the end.

It’s had it’s highs and it’s lows, my highest points being the two times I challenged for the World Bombshell Title (especially the first time around against Roxi) and winning the Bombshell Internet Title at High Stakes, but the low points definitely speak for themselves.

For one thing one of the lowest points resulted in my hand being put in a brace for the last two months of 2023/first two months of 2024 and that’s if I’m lucky considering who I’m facing at December 2 Dismember VI! And off course the SCW Brass showed their bias towards Courtney in the card preview.

So yeah, this is almost enough to make me wish that SCW was ending the year with a Climax Control like they did in 2021 and 2022.

”Thank god I’ve got the food team running the channel for me whilst my hand heals.” I muttered to myself as I watched the analytics for the last Recipe 4 Disaster video I uploaded to the channel, that wasn’t to say that I wasn’t appearing on camera, but my hand injury had basically reduced me to a hosting role whilst the food team did the work for me. ”The sooner I’m able to cook again, the better, my hand injury has left me dying of boredom most days.”

”Gee, thanks.” Francisco responded teasingly and I glanced up at him as he entered my office, Athena was perched up on a desk and she purred when Francisco stroked the cat. ”I know you haven’t been as active around the house since Courtney injured your hand but it’s either that or you risk aggravating the injury and end up having to vacate the Bombshell Internet Title.”

”Which hasn’t exactly stopped me from getting in the ring.” I commented as I shook my head and Franky nodded as he got the idea. ”Granted my only match since Courtney’s attack was the title defence against Bea Barnhart but if I wanted to end the year without a championship I would’ve vacated the title and let the other Bombshells figure it out amongst themselves whilst I healed, but after the year I’ve had? I vowed to end the year as Bombshell Internet Champion after I won it from Luna at High Stakes and I plan to see that through to the end, especially since the hundred day mark for this reign will be on the 30th of January.”

”A feat that would’ve been easier if High Stakes was the final SCW PPV of the year like everyone was expecting.” Francisco nodded in agreement before he sat down on a nearby chair. ”But we both know that even if the reign survives Courtney, the bosses will want to book you in another title defence in the New Year, it happened to you during the Roulette Title Reign and it has already happened during this reign.”

”Even if the Bombshell Roulette Title wasn’t the first title I won in SCW, I was at Krystal’s side for most of her Roulette Title Reign and she defended her title pretty often, sometimes at her request.” I responded with a nod as looked towards the ceiling. ”Off course that was before everything that happened this year!”

”Hopefully you can repair your relationship with her in the New Year, time heals all wounds and al that.” Francisco responded with a reassuring nod but I shook my head, as much as I loved Franky it was going to take a lot more than just his words to repair the relationship between me and Krystal, especially since she was in the Golden Briefcase Match and who knows what she could do with that after winning. ”So, what’s the plan for Christmas anyway?”

”I haven’t asked Carter yet but I think I’ll know more once December 2 Dismember VI has come and gone.” I responded with a shrug before Athena hopped off the desk and left the office. ”I want to get past it with my title intact and Carter wants to get that win over Goth, in other words? We both want to end the year with a mark in the win column but we both know that it won’t be easy, especially since we’re both facing former World Champions.”

”Yeah, only difference is Goth’s a lot older than Carter and there’s only a few years between you and Courtney.” Francisco pointed out that fact and I nodded in response to his statement. ”Real question is, will Courtney’s ego recover enough from the loss to Harper? I know Mercedes prevented Harper from scoring the pinfall win on Courtney but it’s still a former World Bombshell Champion losing to a rookie.”

”Harp’s a wrestling prodigy, that’s been obvious from the moment she graduated from Hero Academy earlier this year, but your right, that definitely hurt Courtney’s ego a lot.” I nodded in agreement as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”Maybe I can use Courtney’s bruised ego against her.”

”Psychological warfare? I’ve heard worse tactics since I started dating you.” Francisco responded with a shrug before I started looking at other videos.

Wondering through the streets of Las Vegas, Nevada
Saturday the 9th of December 2023, 00:00am

*promo time*

What a turn around.

”I have to admit something Courtney, when you came out of nowhere to challenge Roxi for the World Bombshell Championship just a couple of weeks after I failed to take the title from her in London, I thought that the bosses had given Roxi an easy challenge to warm her up foe Devona.” I admitted as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”How wrong I was, you not only broke the monotony of the title being passed between Roxi and whoever she’s feuding with but ushered in a new era for the Bombshell Division, at first I respected you for what you had done but that went out the window when we faced off at Violent Conduct.”

Yep.

”How the bosses let that slide is still a mystery to me, especially since Ruby only just got her manager’s license! But here we are, three months later, and the roles are reversed! I’m the reigning champion and your my next challenger, only if you had had your own way? This match wouldn’t be happening because I’d be on the shelf with a broken hand.” I held up my bad hand to the camera to illustrate my point. ”And for what? Because you pulled the same stunt I did after Julianna took the title from you and I decided to give you a taste of your own medicine? And whoever wrote the card preview for this match is clearly in your back pocket because they failed to consider that you are the one that’s at fault here and not me!”

Typical.

”I guess that’s what I get for “jumping the line” right? Tell me, where will that same energy be when Courtney tries to break the tie? Because you know she’ll want too after I kick her ass at December 2 Dismember VI! And somehow the bosses will have no problem with it, I just know that their bias towards Jet City will be on full display when I retain my title over you Courtney.” I put my good hand up to my ear in a mocking gesture. ”Oh, what’s that? You won’t have too because you’ll end 2023 as the new Bombshell Internet Champion Courtney? No, I don’t think so.”

Not at all.

”You see Courtney, you made one huge mistake when you tried to break my hand, you took what should’ve been a regular title defence for me and made it personal.” I commented as I shook my head. ”If you had succeeded, then not only would I have been forced to vacate a title that have spent a good chunk of the past year chasing but I would’ve missed months of action whilst I waited for my hand to heal! The only reason why I’m able to compete right now is because you didn’t get the job done correctly, you merely gave me a really bad sprain and whilst that does mean that I have to keep this hand in a brace until February at the latest? I can still wrestle even with this injury, and if you paid attention to the defence against Bea?” I held my bad hand up the camera before making a fist with it. ”That hasn’t affected my performance one bit!”

Too bad.

”And what has that left you with Courtney? You with the realization that you’ve made the biggest mistake of your wrestling career,, you see? I already hated you for everything that happened in the wake of our last match, but now I’m even angrier at you than before.” I added before sticking up the middle finger using my bad hand. ”This could’ve just been a rematch between us with the roles reversed, this could’ve just been a title defence where I’m more motivated than usual to put down my challenger, but no, you had to go and try to maim me, try to take months off my wrestling career, all because I took matters into my own hands and served you justice on a silver platter.”

Big mistake.

”And tell me Courtney, does Ruby really love you enough to risk incurring the wrath of Tempest? Because I have a Bombshell who can lift cars on my side, you have a failed Blast from the Past Winner who’s clinging on to whatever relevancy she can find by hanging out with you, who do you think will win that clash, hmmm?” I asked pointedly as I patted the Bombshell Internet Championship that was around my waist. ”But at the end of the day this is what it’s all about, the Bombshell Internet Championship, you called this a consolation prize after I won it from Luna but after I cost you a chance to win it back suddenly you want it? And they say that there aren’t any fickle women in wrestling! But you need to realize one important thing about me Courtney!”

One big thing.

”Sure, I’m angry at you for what you tried to do to me, but nothing stays broken, this hand will eventually heal and this title isn’t going anywhere for one simple reason, I’m a woman who learns from her mistakes.” I added as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”Don’t believe me? Ask Alicia Lukas, she beat me in my first official match as an SCW Bombshell, fast forward a few months later to last year’s Violent Conduct and what happened? Oh yeah, I got that win back, a win that I think helped lead to the Bombshell Roulette Title Reign because she, like you, is a former World Bombshell Champion! Off course, Alicia didn’t suffer a fall from grace as quickly as you have.”

It's that simple.

”How did your last match go again? You know, the one against Harper? The spunky young rookie currently enthralled in a feud with Mercedes Vargas? Oh that’s right, if Mercedes hadn’t interfered on your behalf, Harper would have a pinfall win over you!” I added with a big grin on my face. ”Don’t get me wrong, I think Harper’s a sweet girl but who saw that coming? Not you, not Mercedes, not the bosses when they made that match, but I did, because you’ve been on a downward spiral since I cost you your ill-deserved rematch for the World Bombshell Championship!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”And if you think for a second that you’re going to end that downward spiral by taking this title from me?” I asked before removing the title from around my waist and holding it up with my bad hand. ”Think again because I’m not just holding it up to show you what’s in your future Courtney, I’m holding it up with my bad hand to show you just how resilient I am! And at Golden Angel Part III: Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold you’ll learn the hard way that I’m a hard bitch to put down when I have a tile in my grasp and as you bask in the glory of the Golden Angel’s Light? You’ll regret ever choosing me as your challenger at Violent Conduct Courtney because that one choice led you to making the biggest mistake of your life! I’ll see you at December 2 Dismember VI bitch!”

I walked off after slinging the title over my shoulder as the scene fades.

Offline Roux

• View Profile
Re: ARIANA ANGELOS (c) v COURTNEY PIERCE - INTERNET TITLE
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2023, 12:35:35 PM »
==========================================================
>
===========================================================

Backup
HAWAII - Mikah’s Gym
4th DECEMBER 2023
OFF-Camera

I felt like I had been in a freefall since losing the Bombshell World Championship. I had grand designs for how I was going to end my year by beginning my second reign with a bang. Because of Ariana, that didn’t end up being the life I am leading. She ruined my plans, created this nightmare, and let Julianna escape with what was mine. I may have lost my way entirely if Ariana hadn’t given me a clear and obvious target for retribution at the same time. My plans to celebrate being at the top of the mountain to end the year got twisted and warped into blueprints on how I was going to dissect Ariana and end this problem once and for all. However, week-after-week exchanging our best shots at vulnerable moments might be good for ratings, but having to be on edge from the beginning to the end of every single event was draining. That wasn’t the way I wanted to walk into an opportunity for any championship, even if it wasn’t the one that I really wanted. I needed a breath of fresh air before December 2 Dismember.

Mikah’s little “Showcase” event was a cheap and easy way to get my mind off of things for a few days. Mikah was trying to put together something with the former students of Jet City showing off to attract some new blood for her gym. There would be booths, and autograph signings, but also a few of us stepping into the ring with one another in a half-serious manner just to show off what we could do. It was all about being flashy enough to get someone to sign away their life and all of their money to the gym. Since there was a break between Climax Control and the Supercard, several of us took her up on the offer. After all, we were just in it to have a little fun before our big matches.

RUBY: So I did have an idea since you’ll basically be walking into the arena alone…

On one hand, I could understand why she was being so adamant that I not come into December 2 Dismember alone; that was the whole point of forming her group to begin with. Neither of us were ever going to be alone and vulnerable ever again, and we would ride that wave back to the top. The details of all of it didn’t matter to me, because she made me laugh, and the group made her happy. On the other hand, I have always been more than capable of handling my own business. I had already explained this to my wife over several of these video calls since the moment I left home.

COURT: The only person that I need to worry about is Ariana, and she is going to be standing across the ring from me. She can’t sneak up on me from right in front of my face. I’ll be fine. We’ve been through this.

That series of words had come out of my mouth so often in the last week that they were beginning to sound rehearsed. For some reason, she was still refusing to actually hear them though.

RUBY: Eiley is going to be busy, and even though she said she would, she hasn’t really totally thrown in with us….

I sigh, knowing that she was going to tell me her idea no matter how much I tried to protest. She was constantly telling me that I wasn’t allowed to say no until after I at least heard her out.

COURT: She has her own championship to go win. And even if she wasn’t busy I--

Apparently my words were so well rehearsed that she was able to cut me off and finish the sentence for me.

RUBY: You don’t need any help. I know. It would just make me feel better if someone was there to make sure that nothing unsavory happens to cost you yet another opportunity. A lot of that seems to be going around lately. It’s never a bad idea to have another set of eyes out there.

She had a way of making it all sound so innocent, even though we both knew what she actually meant. The problem was, she couldn’t understand how all of that just becomes too much of a distraction to ever be worth it. It was her interference in Ariana’s first match against me that created this whole situation. If I wanted it to be over, I had to show up alone. Taking her championship away from her was just a bonus.

COURT: Even if you were right, and I am not saying that you are, there isn’t anyone that I can trust to go out there with me. It can’t just be anyone, because then they become more of a distraction than anything else. It can backfire in my face. It’s an unnecessary risk. I can beat her by myself. I have beaten her by myself.

She shakes her head immediately to correct me.

RUBY: You had me out there with you last time.

I knew what she was going to say, and it still drove me absolutely insane that she said it, especially because it was the same excuse Ariana kept giving for costing me my rematch for the championship that actually means something in this company.

COURT: I didn’t need you out there, because I had it handled all by myself.

I stop myself short of what I actually want to say. I didn’t want to cause an argument over something Sin City related. I know that she is just trying to help in the only way that she knows how.

RUBY: ....but there is someone that would definitely have your back if you would just give her a chance…

The way she was just stepping over my wishes in order to get me to listen to her pitch was irritating, but it kind of came with the territory. In order to get her way, she was extremely capable of bothering people into caving. I wasn’t immune to that. I just found it slightly more amusing than others, especially when it wasn’t directed at me. Sometimes you hate what you love about a person.

COURT: Give who a chance?

I should know better than to play the game and ask. When her eyes light up, it is like I have given her permission to voice whatever terrible idea is going to come out of her mouth. Even if I hated it, technically, I asked her for it.

RUBY: You already know who…

Realizing why she had so-far refused to give me a name, I could my cheeks flush with color as my blood pressure shot through the roof.

COURT: No.

That was the only word that I trusted myself to get out without elaboration. I have seen the account floating around on social media, but I wasn’t going to give her the attention that she wanted from me.

RUBY: She’s better than you gi--

I cut her off. It wasn’t something that I considered to be up for debate.

COURT: She’s a child, and she should figure out something else to do with her life.

The two of us have had this argument before. She had even pointed out that people said the same thing about me when I was first starting out, which only made me angrier. It wasn’t the same situation, and we weren’t the same person.

RUBY: She’s nineteen, and has been busting her ass to get to a point where she would even consider asking you for any kind of help.

If she knew what was good for her, she wouldn’t ask me for anything at all, and my wife should have known that. I go through great lengths to separate myself from the undeserving people that want a place in my life. Apparently the person that should best understand that had been busy disrespecting those boundaries.

COURT: ....and the only way that you would know that was if you were already talking to her about it.

The awkward pause after the accusation told me everything that I needed to know before she could respond.

RUBY: It’s the holidays, Court! People usually talk to each other around this time of year. They check in with each other. It came up.

It was infuriating that she was making it sound like I was the one crossing a line, but I know blowing up about it wouldn’t solve anything.

COURT: It shouldn’t have. I don’t want her anywhere near me. I don’t want anyone there. I’m finally gonna get my hands on Ariana inside a ring where there won’t be anyone there to break it up. I don’t need anyone trying to split my focus.

She was ready and waiting for that argument though, because the words were barely out of my mouth before she was countering them.

RUBY: It’s not just Ariana. It could be Tempest trying to take away your opportunity before you ever make it to the ring just to get even with you. Why not bring someone along that would do absolutely anything to impress you? It sounds like a win-win.

My eyes roll, which I knew I would hear about later after this argument was behind us. The patience that I have for this conversation is waning though, and she’s not even listening to what I am saying.

COURT: We don’t like each other! That sure doesn’t sound like a win to me! This isn’t something that you need to be meddling in.

I was hoping she would just drop it, but so far that message wasn’t sinking in.

RUBY: No Court, you can’t stand her for some reason. That’s not the same thing.

It’s not like that, but I don’t exactly have the time to sit and explain it to her for the dozenth time either.

COURT: I have plenty of reasons to not like her, and even more to not even care about her existence at all. I don’t see why everyone is always trying to force it.

She puts up her hands as if to express her innocence even though she was the one making the case for bringing a reckless child with me to a championship match.

RUBY: I’m not trying to force anything. It was just a suggestion. I didn’t want you to have to go alone if you didn’t have to.

I laugh, my annoyance finally spilling over.

COURT: I don’t have to. I want to.

She shrugs in response, and adjusts in her chair to wrap her arms around herself. Her defensive posture was more than enough to tell me that the conversation was over.

RUBY: Understood. So are you alrea--

A loud crash from a much busier area of the gym draws my attention away from the screen. People are already circling up around the disturbance, but I am able to see both Eiley and Oz in the center of whatever it was that was going on. The last thing that any of us need is the two of them doing something to set Mikah off, so I get up from my seat and look back at the screen momentarily.

COURT: I gotta go… The children are causing some kind of scene.

I see my wife sit forward in her seat and bring the camera back up to her face. Her eyes widen, and she tries to start a few different thoughts. I hold up a finger to tell her to give me a second before sliding the phone into my back pocket.

RUBY: What?! Wait!! COURT WA--!

I can hear her still trying to get my attention from my pocket as I make my way through the crowd, but she could wait a few minutes to make me feel bad for not being more accepting of her offer. When I finally break through the crowd to the center where Eiley has a fan twisted around by her arm with a handful of her hair, just inches away from slamming her face into a table.

COURT: What’s going on? 

Eiley takes her eye off of her adversary for just a moment and the girl is able to reach back and twist Eiley’s wrist. She powers herself away from the table, and when Eiley tries to force her back down, the girl takes a big step up onto the table and flips backwards overtop of Eiley before shoving the former champion into the table.

ROUX: Just having a little fun is all.

I didn’t even have to see her face, and now I knew what my wife was undoubtedly attempting to confess to me before I put the phone down. The moment her voice hit my ears the dam broke and everything that I was holding in came out. I take a swing at her, which she is able to duck. She throws a right hand of her own that I catch in the palm of my hand. Instinctively she attempts to throw another punch with her free arm, but I manage to snag her by the wrist and halt her momentum. She leans in to attempt to headbutt me but is cut off by a knee to her ribs that finally stops her from thinking she could fight her way out of it.

OZ: You two know each other?

She doesn’t look up to meet my eyes, which gives me an odd sense of satisfaction. I was right when I said she needed to find something else to do with her life.

COURT: If she knew me at all, she’d have known better than to show up here. 

Roux pulls her arms away, and pushes her way through the crowd before disappearing back into one of the locker rooms. The crowd starts to disperse now that the action is over, but most probably thought that it was all part of the show.

>COURTside: Retribution

”This was not what I wanted for Christmas….”

As the scene opens up, we see Court sitting sideways in an oversized chair with her legs crossed and draped over the armrest. She is looking up high on the wall and the camera pans over to see that there is a poster for December 2 Dismember hanging in her eye line. Bella Madison and Julianna DiMaria are heavily featured on one side, while J2H and Alexander Raven take up most of the other. Court, in name only, is featured in an off-center listing of the smaller matches on the card and clearly isn’t happy about not being one of the featured athletes.

”This isn’t what I asked for. This isn’t where I saw myself standing two months ago. But then I lost at High Stakes. After that, I lost at Climax Control, twice. It doesn’t matter if I blame Ariana for one of those, and Mercedes for another. This isn’t where I wanted to be. This isn’t what I wanted to be doing, and Ariana wasn’t even supposed to be on my radar anymore.”

The camera pulls away from her to show that the chair she is in sits in the center of a wrestling ring, however nobody was going to be competing in it anytime soon. Behind her, taking up one of the corners was a fully decorated Christmas tree, and everything except for a small pathway to the front of her chair was piled a foot high with snow.

”Nothing has really gone my way since losing the Bombshell World Championship, and that’s the one part of all of this that I can’t blame on anyone else. I was the one that came up short at High Stakes. If that never happens, then Ariana doesn’t have any reason to get involved in my rematch on Climax Control. I never have to step into the ring with Harper, because it is beneath me. I wouldn’t have had to spend the last month trading cheap shots with someone that I thought was already in my rearview mirror. Regardless of what happened after High Stakes, none of this happens without that first misstep, and that is my fault. I take responsibility for that, and I can’t change it.”

It seemed like it pained her to admit that rectifying her off night at High Stakes was going to have to be put on the back burner for a while. She takes her legs off of the armrest of the chair and sits up, squaring herself to the camera.

”...at least not until after I take care of the world’s biggest pain in my ass first.”

With those words, her entire demeanor changed. Where at first she had simply sounded disappointed, now there was something more sinister in her voice.

”And I understand that me being the Bombshell World Champion is just a memory at this point, but I still have to bring it up because that is what all of this is about. Ariana could have moved on once she won the Internet Championship. I even congratulated her on picking up a consolation prize after falling short of beating me. I assumed that she could open up a new chapter in her career and leave me out of it. But it wasn’t enough for her. The championship belt around her waist didn’t fill the void that losing to me carved out of her. She had to step in and cost me the Bombshell World Championship when it was in my fingertips.”

She winces, as if even the memory of losing the rematch against Julianna was painful. However, the expression is only on her face for a moment before she forces it away.

”She didn’t have to do that. This could have been over. She could have been fed a handful of easy opponents and soon enough people would have forgotten that she fell short when my championship was the goal. I could have kicked off my second reign, and been the forever champion that I envisioned. Everything could have worked out for the both of us, and all Ariana had to do was walk away and stay away.”

She tries to keep her composure, but loses it a little. She shakes her head, but raises her voice anyway and glares into the camera incensed.

”...and look at the road that she chose instead! She thought it was bad when I broke her nose, but how is her hand holding up!? We’re only a couple of weeks removed from Ariana not being cleared to compete because of that injury! Is anyone delusional enough to think that she is going to be 100% for this defense?! Was that not enough of a lesson for her?! What does she think I am going to do when that bell rings, huh? How many times do we think I’ll have to stomp that hand before it’s so mangled that the referee has to stop the match?! How long does anyone think she can stop me from picking her apart when she is walking into the ring already wounded?!”

She stops long enough to take a breath, but stays focused on the injury with a scowl on her face.

”A hand injury is something that I know a little bit about as well. Kris Ryans taught me that lesson after I won the Blast from the Past tournament. It took months for my hand to heal. It took even longer for the strength to come back. Some Days, it still doesn’t quite feel normal though, and it’s been five years. That’s time that Ariana doesn’t have right now. There’s only a little over a week before she’s going to hand over her consolation prize before I do some damage to her that she isn’t going to be able to compete through.”

With the threats out of her system, the former champion seems to regain a little bit of her composure. She straightens herself up in the chair, and takes a deep breath before making another slight concession.

”I know that people are going to be disappointed that I don’t hold the championship that we are fighting over in high enough regard. There are going to be people disappointed that it seems like being the Bombshell Internet Champion is an afterthought in this match. Honestly, it is. For Ariana and I, this match is about so much more than a title belt. This isn’t about business. This is personal. The championship is secondary. I was blunt about the fact that after being the Bombshell World Champion for 147 days, doing anything else was going to feel like a step back. Now I look at the card, and I see the matches that are going on after this one, and I can see just how far the two of us have fallen now that the Bombshell World Championship has slipped away. A few months ago, we would have been the main event. If this were a champion versus champion match, maybe we still would be. Ariana’s actions on that first Climax Control after High Stakes messed that up for the two of us though. Now we have to settle for a position on the card that is beneath us. We have to settle for a championship that neither of us really wanted….”

It may have been harsh, but the Jet City alumni has never been known for withholding an opinion just because it might rub people the wrong way.

”....and it’s for that reason that I am going to tear her apart.”

”I am going to walk into December 2 Dismember alone, and I am going to unleash all of this frustration that I have been holding back for the last six months. I am going to do all of the things that security stopped me from doing to Ariana backstage. I won’t be satisfied with beating her, my goal is to erase her existence in this company altogether. I want the history books to forget about her. I don’t want to shorten her career in this match, I want to end it outright, because that is what costing me the Bombshell World Championship felt like. She inserted herself into my new perfect beginning, and caused this two-month long nightmare to continue. If beating the life out of her is what it is going to take for her to finally learn to leave me alone, then so be it. If Sin City is going to hand me another championship for doing so, then that’s just the cherry on top.”

”But I don’t want to see any of you pitying her once the bell rings. I don’t want to hear crying for me to leave her alone. Ariana asked for this over and over and over again. She had so many chances to just walk away, and couldn’t do it. She has stalked me over social media. She has cost me opportunities, and she has absolutely earned the way that I am going to put her back into her place. The last time we fought I said she wasn’t ready to take on the responsibility of being a champion, and she has gone on to prove my point.”

”Champions shouldn’t have the time to screw others out of opportunities. Instead of being so focused on what I was doing, she should have been worrying about creating something out of her own division. Instead, Ariana has dragged me down to her level, and now everyone that had eyes for the Bombshell Internet Championship is going to have to make other plans. I have been preparing myself to shoulder the burden of carrying the entire Bombshell division on my back. I have been stressing out about carrying my weight in weekly main events against the absolute best that this company has to offer. I had my sights on being the champion of champions, and instead Ariana has opened the door for me to dominate a group of up-and-comers after I take her championship.”

”Maybe that’s for the best. I can show a whole new group of Bombshells that they should just hang up their boots and walk away before they are ever able to rise to top. I can save them the extra time and the added despair of making it to the main events only to fail. I can be a champion that makes the Internet Championship look intimidating for the first time in a long time. There’s been too many of these tiny little reigns back-to-back and now a once meaningful championship is taking a backseat to a personal matter.”

”...but my reign could change that. My reign could return the Internet Championship to its former glory. Even though it wasn’t on my to-do list for this year, maybe taking one step closer to eventually being a Triple Crown, or Grand Slam Champion in this company isn’t as big of a step back as I originally thought that it was. Maybe before taking another shot at the Bombshell World Championship, I should go ahead and round out the rest of my Hall of Fame resume. That way, by the time I am back in the main events, my position as one of this company’s all-time greats is undeniable. Maybe I should be thanking Ariana for pointing out that I should knock out all of the small things that this company has to offer before cementing my legacy as the forever Bombshell World Champion.”

Court flashes a wide smile at the camera, the first one we have seen from her since before her match at High Stakes.

”My goals in this company have never, and will never change. However, it feels like I should be thanking Ariana for opening my eyes and showing me that I don’t always have to take the shortest path. I know where I am destined to end up in this company, and there is absolutely no reason that I shouldn’t savor every moment of the journey there. I can do things that I never would have imagined myself doing months ago, and still eventually get to where I want to be.”

”...and it all starts with slowly pulling Ariana apart until she can’t take it anymore. It’s a real shame that this match is going to have so many rules. I feel like it could have been a lot more fun without any, but I’ll have to make due. As long as she ends the night heartbroken and empty-handed, I’ll be able to enjoy myself.”

She stands from the oversized chair just as it starts to snow in the ring around her. She flashes a smirk at the camera with a shrug.

”Sorry not sorry.”

Offline Ariana Angelos

• View Profile
“Golden Angel Part IV: New Year’s Bashing.”
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2023, 08:44:15 PM »
It was the week of December 2 Dismember and the third match between Courtney and Ariana, Ariana had a lot of pressure on her shoulders because this was her first defence on PPV and the one where she was defending the title against Courtney rather than the other way around, can Ariana retain and end the year as champion or will Courtney dethrone her and enter the New Year with the title around her waist?

Ariana’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 11th of December 2023, 11:00am

If you think about it, there isn’t a bigger monkey’s paw in wrestling than winning a title.

Yeah, the reigns get your name in the record books, and holding a title means that you have something to your name other than a cool nickname, but think about it, when you’re a champion of any division people are going to be after you the moment  that belt’s around your waist, the bosses will want you to defend that championship whenever possible and at the end of the day, you end up finding out who your real friends are fast.

I should know, I’m a four time champion after all.

Two time SCU Pride Tag Team Champion? Did that, one time Bombshell Roulette Champion? Cross that off the list, one time Bombshell Internet Champion? Well, I’m the current champion of the Bombshell Internet Division and for the past several weeks I’ve practically ben wrestling one handed, all because I cost my rival her ill deserved World Bombshell Title Shot at the beginning of the cycle, an injury that could’ve seen the end of my reign if Courtney had her way.

Oh the joys of being a champion, am I right?

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve loved every second of my reigns in SCW and SCU but when they say that retaining the title is the hardest part of being a champion they mean it! My reign is practically being held together by nuts and bolts at this point and with Courtney as my next challenger? You know she’s going to use every trick in the book to get that title off me on Sunday night at December 2 Dismember VI but she seems to have forgotten one thing.

I’ve grown wise to her tricks.

”Just one more week left in the SCW Callander, and my last chance at ending the year as a champion in SCW.” I muttered to myself as I checked my Twitter feed this morning, I wasn’t even paying attention to Courtney’s promo from the past week, I just wanted to focus on the match. ”And my second match with only one good hand, I swear I should try to break Courtney’s hand for a bit of karma.”

”Karma or revenge?” Francisco asked and I glanced over at my husband as he entered the room having just done another round of housework as he’s had to do since I got my injury. ”Because from what I’ve seen it’s been a bit of both.”

”What do you think?” I asked as I shook my head and Francisco motioned for me to elaborate. ”I’m not going to go over what happened when I wrestled Courtney in Mexico, that’s beyond a well-trodden path at this point, but honestly? Courtney’s had that payback coming for a long time, it’s not my fault that Courtney couldn’t accept the truth, that she did even less than me to deserve that rematch for the title.”.” I added as I glanced towards the ceiling. ”She’s a hypocritical bitch who can’t accept that her time in the Main Event is over, I can’t wait to shut her up this Sunday.”

”Except you’ll be wrestling that match practically one handed, I know you’re not a brawler but you know Courtney will go after that hand at the earliest opportunity.” Francisco responded as he shook his head and I nodded in agreement. ”You survived the first defence but comparing Bea Barnhart too Courtney is like comparing a person starting to learn how to swim to an Olympic Swimmer.”

”First off Franky? I’m totally stealing that for my promo, that line is too good not to use.” I responded honestly and Franky laughed in a way that said “by all means”. ”Second? I know because that bitch will do anything to win a title, same goes for retaining a title because we both know how the World Bombshell Title Match between me and Courtney ended! At least since Ruby’s arm is healed she won’t have an arm in a cast to hide behind.”

”And you’ll have Tempest as backup, though I’ll be surprised if she doesn’t challenge you to the match that never was.” Francisco suggested and I felt a slight shudder go down my spine at that thought. ”When was the last time you wrestled someone like Tempest? In a purely one on one setting?”

”Probably the two times I wrestled Melissa one on one last year, off course Melissa’s more of a brawler than a pure powerhouse and she’s shown no sign of possibly returning to the ring since Goth returned from the injured list so who knows if I’ll ever wrestle her again?” I asked with a shrug and Francisco nodded in response. ”As for Tempest? I’m not a fan of trying to wrestle her, training with her is hard enough because she’s a pure powerhouse and I’m a high flyer, never mind wrestling her for a title, assuming off course that I’ll still be champion heading into the New Year.”

”And that the bosses won’t book a match between you two just to check that matchup off the list.” Francisco added and I nodded in agreement before I took a sip from my drink. ”And off course we have the Golden Briefcase to worry about.”

”Yeah, I’ve been thinking about that ladder match since it got announced, I still say Krystal has the best chance out of the four Bombshells in the women’s match of winning.” I commented with a sigh as brushed some hair over my shoulder with my good hand. ”I want to talk to her about that and everything that’s happened between me and Krystal over the past year but that’s assuming that she’ll even talk to me.” I added as I folded my arms. ”The last time we interacted was when we had that argument at the Go Gym.”

”Maybe you should meet with her on neutral ground?” Francisco suggested and I had to admit, that was a solid idea. ”But where?”

”What about that bar Jessie opened after she retired? I don’t think we’ve been there outside of the annual post Supercard parties.” I suggested before checking the address via the Google app on my phone, it wasn’t that far from mine or Krystal’s homes honestly so it was within reach. ”We’ll see if she responds to my texts in any case, but if she does agree to meet there? I’ll leave the Bombshell Internet Title at home, don’t want to risk it getting stolen and I’ll never hear the end of it from the bosses if some drunk asshole does steal the title.”

”Don’t worry, I’ll make sure to keep the title under lock and key here in the house if Krystal agrees to meet you there.”” Francisco assured me and I grinned in response. ”Well in any case I’m going to go walk the dogs, don’t let in any stray cats whilst I’m out.”

”Don’t joke about that, I’ve already told the neighbours to stop leaving unwanted animals at my house because at the rate they were going? We’d have to buy a huge house on the outskirts with plenty of land for the dogs to run around just so I could have enough space for them all!” I responded as I shook my head and Francisco nodded in agreement. ”If nothing else I’d have a lot more peace and quiet, though I’d have to tell Carter and Francisco about my new address so that they could come to see me.”

”Same goes for me and my sister, not to mention Mark and Christian so they know to send your pay checks to a new address.” Francisco responded with a nod before we left my office to go walk the dogs, I definitely had a lot to think about heading into the new year but I had to get past this title match first.

Easier said than done.

Go Gym, Las Vegas, Nevada
Thursday the 14th of December 2023, 16:00pm

The week before a Supercard is always hectic, and it doesn’t really matter whether your one of the SCW Champions, their challengers or not.

Some wrestlers head into the shows not really knowing what will be in store for them until the bosses unveil the full card,. Then there’s me who already knows what’s ahead of me and has known for weeks that Courtney will be my second challenger (again, I don’t count the Tempest match because that match was called off after Courtney tried to break my hand) but there’s only so much I can do to prepare.

Especially when my hand won’t be a hundred percent healed until February at most!

But yeah, I’m getting what training I can do in as much as I can at the Go Gym this week, admittedly my sparring matches/training will be light because the last thing I want is to further injure my hand and risk all my efforts to hold onto the Bombshell Internet Championship be for naught but it’s still training for the match against Courtney and that was all that mattered! Right now though? I was overlooking a sparring match between two of the newer students at the Go Gym, the Irish trainee Kelly, and the recent newcomer Hayley.

”Good job girls, keep it up,” I cheered them on as I watched on from the ring apron and the two trainees kept exchanging holds, Kelly was clearly far ahead of Hayley in her training but both girls were really good for their experience level, either they were prodigies or the Go Gym was that good at training future wrestlers, take your pick! ”Hayley, watch the grip on that armbar, you didn’t have it locked in correctly.”

“Got it, thanks.” Hayley responded before doing the armbar again with a tighter grip,, I continued watching them for a while and to be honest? I was getting flashbacks, flashbacks to when I was an eighteen year old trainee at the Go Gym chasing my dream of being a wrestler, granted Hayley and Kelly were both a year older than I was when I started at the Go Gym but the point stands, I was the youngest Go Gym student at the time.

Heck, at twenty three I’m still one of the youngest graduates from the gym!

“You failure!” My train of thought was interrupted by a strange voice and I glanced around, thinking I was overhearing an argument or something, but there was no one arguing which could only mean one thing, my family’s history of mental health issues were messing with my head again! I excused myself to leave the trainees to it so I could go into another room and try to deal with this on my own. “You call yourself a champion?”

”Yeah, I do.” I responded in a whisper as I paced around the room, not really sure what I was expecting to do at this point. ”And I’m a much better champion than Courtney ever was!”

“Are you?” Then my mind was flooded with images of me at my lowest point during any of my title reigns, the time when Carter gave up his half of the SCU Pride Tag Team Championship? Yep, that was there, the point where me and Alex lost the titles? That too! The matches against Amber and Masque during my Bombshell Roulette Title reign? You bet your ass that was there too! And off course, Courtney’s attack on my hand was the most recent image conjured up by my mind. “You were always a weak champion.”

”No, no, no, no, no, no!” I insisted as I dropped into a foetal position against the wall, I wasn’t sure how long I was like that but eventually the door opened and I glanced up. ”Oh, hey girls.” I greeted Kelly and Hayley weakly as they stood at the room’s entrance with concerned looks on their faces. ”You finished sparring already?”

“Already? Ari, you left us alone two hours ago.” Kelly informed me and I was taken aback by that, did that episode really take that long. “We thought you had headed home early but Francisco wasn’t in the parking lot, is everything okay?”

”It’s a long story.” I sighed as I pulled myself up and turned to the two young women. ”Look, the women in my family have a history of mental health issues, some are manageable, some aren’t, I think mine’s somewhere in the middle.”

“And that was the issues rearing their head?” Hayley asked and I nodded in response. “Have you talked to anyone?”

”About my mental health? Yeah, but that won’t help make those issues go away, just prevents me from going over the deep end again.£ I sighed before I turned to the two younger women. ”I appreciate you girls coming to check on me but I need to go get changed into my street clothes, I’m not about to go out in my wrestling gear in December.”

“Sure, go ahead, Francisco’s waiting for you outside anyway.” Hayley responded with a nod before they stood aside to let me go change.

Whatever the cause was, the fact that this happened for the second time in the month of December since I signed that contract with SCW right before a big match didn’t bode well for the future.

Outside the Go Gym, Las Vegas, Nevada
Thursday the 14th of December 2023, 21:00pm

*promo time*

One big question.

”What makes a champion? If you ask me, it’s someone that defends their titles honourably and doesn’t back away from any challenger, whether they are Bea Barnhart or Tempest, if you ask Courtney? It’s being a total hypocrite who does whatever it takes to win, even hiding behind her wife with a broken arm.” I stated bluntly as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”We’ll see who gets proven right on Sunday Courtney, when we face off for the Bombshell Internet Championship!”

A rematch I’ve been waiting for.

”This match has been in the works for how long Courtney? Three long months? Has it sunk in yet how close you were to losing the World Bombshell Title to me or are you still in denial? I bet it’s the latter, I’d bet good money on you telling everyone who’ll listen to you for more than five minutes that you didn’t need Ruby’s help to retain the title over me!” I shook my head with a grin. ”I’m going to paraphrase a quote from the US version of MasterChef because in my mind? It describes you personally, the only thing worse than a paper champion is a narcissist in denial.”

Yep.

”And before you even think about deflecting Courtney? That was about you, because for months you’ve claimed that you had the match against me in hand, that you didn’t need Ruby’s help, tell me Courtney, if you didn’t need your pathetic wife’s help then how come your no longer champion? How come the whole reason this match came about is because I cost you your rematch against Julianna? How come your first match since losing the championship almost ended in a pin-fall loss to Harper?” I asked pointedly before holding up the braced hand and I started doing a wind up motion with my good hand, slowly raising my middle finger until it was sticking straight up. ”How come you were so scared of facing me again that you tried to maim me by breaking my hand? How come you couldn’t get the job done? Say what you will about Krystal’s actions this past year, but at least she was good at breaking bones, something you can’t even get right!”

Shame.

”And I know what you’re going to say, that the attack was retaliation for me embarrassing you, by hitting you with your own finisher and pinning you in the middle of the ring and for costing you the World Bombshell Title Match, are you seriously that deluded?” I asked bluntly before shaking my head. ”Off course you are Courtney! You are a graduate of Jet City, a gym that hasn’t produced any worthwhile talent in how long? Me? I graduated from the school behind me.” I motioned over my shoulder to the Go Gym. ”A school that has produced more former SCW Champions than I care to count, including yours truly, this is what our rivalry basically boils down too, championship or no championship, it’s all about Jet City vs, the Go Gym when you get down to it.”

Pointless.

”A rivalry perpetuated by a has-been wrestler who faked his own death when he realized that people didn’t care about him anymore, oh I’m sorry Kris, was that too soon? Don’t care, the first time around Court? You were lucky enough to have Ruby ready and willing to do your bidding, but that won’t help you on Sunday, because I’m wise to your tactics this time.” I added as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”And make no mistake, by the end of the night the Go Gym will triumph over your joke of a gym once again when I retain the Bombshell Internet Championship over you and head into the New Year as the champion, as for you? Back to square one again, but maybe you’ll lose to Bea Barnhart this time around?”

Pity.

”That humiliation is the least you deserve for trying to end my reign prematurely by breaking my hand, off course the alternative is that you sulk off to obscurity again but your ego won’t allow you to do that, won’t it Courtney?” I asked as I folded my arms. ”You always have to be the centre of attention, even when you’re not a champion anymore you can’t stand not being in the spotlight, the problem is Courtney that spending so long at the top of the Bombshell Division Mountain exposed you as the weak champion you are.”

Here we go.

”And trust me, once I’m done with you on Sunday people will reevaluate your matches against Roxi and Devona and see them for the flukes they were! All because someone you needed help to beat originally got her revenge three months later.” I commented as I shook my head. ”And let’s face it, Jet City isn’t in a great place isn’t it? Limitless last successful match was against the Barnharts, what happened to them being world beaters hmm? And you? I’ve already gone over how bad your run has been since you lost the World Bombshell Title, and it’s about I get worse.”

It’s that simple.

”Why? One date, 30th of January 2024, that’s the day where I will hit the hundred day mark of my reign, and nobody will stop me from hitting that milestone, not you, not your pathetic excuse for a wife, not anyone!” I added as held the Bombshell Internet Title high above my head with my good hand. ”Get used to this site Courtney because it’s going to be on your screen for a long time, I am far from done as the Bombshell Internet Champion and the sooner you realize that.”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”The sooner we can both move on with our lives! Because there’s no way in hell I’m losing this title to a Jet City Scumbag!” I added as I rested the title over my shoulder. ”And at Golden Angel Part IV: New Year’s Bashing, I will do whatever it takes within the rules to retain my title and prove to the world why I should’ve beaten you for the title at Violent Conduct, remember that as you bask in the glory of the Golden Angel’s Light Courtney, because you’ll rule the day you decided to make this personal!”

I walked off as the scene fades.

Offline Roux

• View Profile
Re: ARIANA ANGELOS (c) v COURTNEY PIERCE - INTERNET TITLE
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2023, 11:59:25 PM »
>
===========================================================

Nothing
Long Beach, CALIFORNIA - Longshots
14th DECEMBER 2023
OFF-Camera

My parents were never excited or supportive of the fact that I wanted to be a wrestler. They had their hearts set on the fact that I was going to be in some office, behind some desk, wasting my life away like the both of them had. They didn’t see the point in putting my health and life on the line just to earn a paycheck. It was beneath us. They hadn’t paid to send me to the best private schools for me to get punched in the face for a living. When I was ten and told them that becoming a wrestler was my goal in life, they said that I would grow out of it. When I was twelve, and refusing to pick up additional extra-curricular activities because nothing other than competition interested me, their patience started to wane. At fourteen when I wasn’t interested in starting to visit colleges, or earn early credits towards degrees, they basically gave up on me. By the time I was sixteen, and actively training, they had already replaced me. If I was too stubborn to listen, but they weren’t going to give up their dream of raising a carbon copy of themselves. However, they weren’t going to start over from scratch. They knew where I “went off track” and figured that it was the perfect place to start over. The adoption process hadn’t taken very long at all, as they were one of the most perfectly qualified couples. They had the means, the space, and the time to adopt several children if they really wanted to. Instead, they scoured the country until they found the one that they wanted.

All of a sudden I had a twelve year old sister, and a constant reminder that I wasn’t the daughter they wanted. It was around that time that I tuned out of everything involving my family. I threw myself into training, and put the minimal amount of effort into everything else in my life. Now that my parents had their new pet project to focus on, they had no problems signing off for me to travel with Mikah, and learn everything that I needed to learn about the business all while training to actually start competing. I found a new family when I made the move to Jet City. I joined Blast from the Past and everything from that point in my life has been documented for the world to see. The rest of my life has transpired in front of the Sin City cameras, and been judged by the entire world. I have thousands of people that boo me every single week, yet it has never held a candle to the rejection that I felt inside my own home.

Prudence opening the door into my past, despite having the best intentions, hadn’t gone over well. I was livid that she had been communicating with my family behind my back, but never really even had time to process it before getting blindsided at Mikah’s showcase. One moment I was trying to convince my wife that I would be fine at December 2 Dismember all on my own, and the next moment I was blindsided by my replacement. So many things went running through my mind that I couldn’t process what was happening, nor be impressed by how well she was able to turn the tables on Eiley. She was fast. She was strong, and she wasn’t afraid of anything which she proved by taking a swing at me. We hadn’t spoken since then, which was the most normal thing about the entire situation. It wasn’t like the two of us had ever had a real conversation to begin with. She was a stranger to me, and I had been in the process of explaining that to my wife when things had gone off the rail.

I guess I shouldn’t have been upset that I wasn’t able to tear into her in Hawaii, because I honestly don’t know what I would have said. I was equally surprised as angry, and that is never a great mix for having a productive conversation. In the week since, I had time to think, and could only come to one conclusion. If Roux was already this skilled, it meant that she had to have been training somewhere already. Prudence had even tried to mention that she was better than I would have thought, and that meant that she could have only been going to one gym. It just so happened that before beating Roxi for the Bombshell World Championship, I had made a stop in that very same gym. I thought that my first teacher would have been more than happy to have me come in and let his students beat up on me a little to earn so cheap confidence, but he almost wouldn’t let me in. I feel stupid for having taken him at his word about not wanting the publicity. It was so obvious now what his actual reasons were.

COURT: Where is she?

He was standing with his back to me in the office, and the sound of my voice caused him to jump, not unlike what he had done to be at the start of the summer. He spun around on his heel, shoving the filing cabinet in front of him closed as he did so. His eyes were wide, and he stopped himself several times before crossing his arms defiantly.

ANTHONY: She who? And what are you even doing in my gym?

His reaction told me everything that I needed to know. Roux was here, and he had been the one training her. He knew that I wasn’t going to buy the lie. However, he would also be able to reassure Roux later that he hadn’t sold her out immediately.

COURT: You know who! That was the real reason that you didn’t want Ruby and I training here back in May, wasn’t it!

His expression softens, like he was impressed that I had worked out the lie, even if it had taken this long. He uncrossed his arms, and turned away from me before plopping down in his office chair. I had really expected him to put up more of a fight, but it didn’t feel like he had the energy for it this early in the morning.

ANTHONY: Can you really blame me? I was never able to tell you no either.

Hearing him compare the two of us made my skin crawl. This girl was nothing like me. She couldn’t be. Her childhood was over before she ever moved into my parents house. They were just two people there to provide them with an opportunity to create a perfect little puppet. And we weren’t related by blood, nor shared experience. There was absolutely no reason to mention us both in the same sentence given the things I have accomplished.

COURT: That’s not the same thing!

The smile faded off of his face, and he leveled his index finger at my face from his chair. I dropped the attitude immediately, and when he spoke, his words came out with authority.

ANTHONY: And you don’t know what you don’t know! Go see for yourself. If you really feel the same way afterwards, I’ll consider what you have to say.

I knew that there was no point in arguing it any further, and my time here as a teenager had conditioned me against trying to push him after he struck that tone in an argument. I was likely lucky that I had gotten away with as much complaining as I did before he finally cut me off.

COURT: If I go out there, you better hold up your end of the deal.

He raised his hands up innocently before nodding, but didn’t offer another word on the matter. I sighed, and shook my head in frustration before storming down the hallway from his office and out onto the floor. Longshots wasn’t as big as Jet City, and from the end of the hallway you could see every piece of equipment in the place. I scanned the room and when I didn’t find her, I knew that there was only one place that she could be. I crossed the room, and went through a curtain that blocked off a shorter hallway. The end of it opened up into a smaller room with a single ring where Anthony used to work with me before I was old enough to walk through the front door. It was likely how Ruby and I missed her last time that we were here too.

ROUX: Come on! Who’s next?!

When I came to the end of the hallway, still hidden in the shadow of it, I could see Roux standing in the center of the ring. Her back was to me, and she was focused on a group scattered across the benches on the opposite side of the ring from me. I recognized several of them as the same students that I had stepped in the ring with during my time here. I had pulled a few punches with them, but now that I know what they had been hiding from me, I regretted not putting them out of their misery months ago. They probably had a good laugh about it after we left.

COURT: I’ll go a few rounds with you if that’s what you’re really looking for.

She didn’t even have to turn around to know who I was, although the sound of my voice made a few of the others sit up a little straighter and pay more attention. If they wanted to learn the same lesson I was about to teach the woman in the ring, I was happy to teach it to them.

ROUX: Oh look! She does remember where she came from! Last time she was here it was like she forgot where the real training took place.

It grew a laugh from the crowd, and I couldn’t help but be a little impressed as I came out of the hallway and stepped up to the stairs at the edge of the ring.

COURT: Is that what you told yourself the whole time you were hiding out back here hoping that I didn’t find out?

There were ‘ohhs’ from some of the on-lookers but I could tell that this wasn’t exactly going to be the kind of room that I could win over. It told me more than Roux was ever going to about her ability in the ring. I couldn’t believe anything she said, and I wasn’t going to take my wife’s word for it either. However, the fact that people she shared a ring with on a daily basis weren’t won over by my presence meant that all of the money in the room wasn’t on me walking out the winner of this.

ROUX: If I didn’t want you to find out, I wouldn’t have started messing with your precious little trainees at their events. It was more like I was disappointed that it was taking so long. I was letdown that you were in the other fucking room for almost a week and never once tried to look at what was really happening in the gym. I hear all these epic fucking stor--

I took off my jacket and hung it on the ring post before stepping into the ring. I saw some of the student’s eyes light up the moment that I cut her off, possibly surprised that I was even willing to stand in the ring with Roux. I was becoming more and more curious if she could live up to the expectations now.

COURT: Yeah, well I never asked for anyone to talk about me, and I definitely never invited any of you to walk down the same path that I did. I guess if I cast such a big fucking shadow, maybe you should have tried a little harder to stay out of it.

She shook her head, and even took a step back so that I had space to meet her at the center of the ring without fear of being blindsided.

ROUX: The only thing I ever wanted was your attention.

Everyone around the ring had risen from the benches, and started to make their way to the apron for a better view of whatever was about to happen.

COURT: For what? So we could pretend that we are something that we aren’t? You might get to walk around with the same last name, but we aren’t a thing.

Again, she nods in agreement with me, as if none of the words packed even the slightest sting.

ROUX: Yeah, you’ve made that pretty clear.

I took a step towards her, but she was done retreating. Instead of backing down, she was going to try and throw it back in my face. Maybe she hadn’t been hiding back here like I thought. Now that we were eye-to-eye it looked like she was more than happy to fight.

ROUX: No! I get it. You know, at the advanced age of twelve I was totally at fault for two people I’d never even met wanting another child. It was my fault they got their hands on a file with my name on it. I’m sorry that they picked me. What was I fucking thinking?

It was my turn to laugh and offer her a shrug of my shoulders.

COURT: Playing the victim?

I thought that would be enough to get her to take the first shot, but she smirked, and had a single word for me.

ROUX: Yours.

I should have known better, but the way it came out of her mouth got the better of me. I took a step forward, but she knew what I was going to do. She slapped my fist out of the air, and then caught my leg mid-kick and pinned it to her side with one arm before diving forward and hitting me with an elbow that I had no chance to block. She fell on top of me, but before I could push myself up she wrenched my arm and pressed my face into the mat before getting close enough that even the people at ringside might not have caught her words.

ROUX: You never once considered how much they wished that I was you, and I couldn’t ever live up to that. Because of you, I never even had anyone to talk to about it. You never thought I would understand how you felt, or that I felt the same way about it. You could have hated them anyways. You didn’t have to blame me for it either. I never asked for any of it, and you’ve treated me like the stranger that lived down the hallway.

I yelled out, before finally fighting my way up off of the mat, forcing her weight off of me and creating a little space between us.

COURT: I didn’t owe you anything!

I turned towards her, but she was waiting with a second elbow to the same spot that the first one landed. I was already seeing two of her, and I definitely tried to block the wrong one. I stayed on my feet for just a second, and she shrugged at me again.

ROUX: Then I don’t owe you an explanation for being here either.

She grabbed me around the neck, and in an instant, drove me face-first into the mat. Everything after that went a little fuzzy, but I clearly remember hearing two words after hitting the mat but before everything faded out.

ROUX: Good talk.

>COURTside: Five More Words

”Ariana thinks that I made this personal when I tried to break her hand…”

”That alone should tell you how out of element she is. This didn’t become personal just a few weeks ago. Don’t make me fucking laugh. This has been personal since the moment that I convinced you to stop crying in your fucking pillow and fight like you meant it. This was personal long before Ruby ever stepped up onto the apron during our match. This was personal before you spent months shitting all over Jet City every chance that you got. I was the one that inspired you to finally stop feeling sorry for yourself. I was the one that caused you to have this great resurgence, and become a champion. Yet, you had to do all of that without ever having to actually beat me. I got to lose our match, and get handed a consolation prize, but the way that I made you feel never went away.”

”That is the reason that you inserted yourself into my rematch with Julianna. We both know that it doesn't really have anything to do with my wife. We both know that it has very little to do with your championship. The fact that it is on the line just means that there are rules in place that make sure that the two of us aren't going to go too far. It almost makes me wish that the prize they gave you was in the Roulette Division, because they feels like something that would be more our speed. When you inserted yourself into my rematch for MY Bombshell World Championship, there weren't any rules. When we traded attacks backstage there weren't any fucking rules. When I almost did to your hand what fate did to mine five years ago, there weren't any rules....”

”The only think that the Bombshell Internet Championship guarantees is that we are both going to walk out of this match to fight another day. There is going to be a code of conduct that almost makes certain that we are going to have to do this all over again. I don't expect that beating you without my wife at ringside is going to make that fire inside of you burn out. I don't think that pinning your shoulders to the mat is going to be enough to put you in your place. I damn sure don't think that taking your championship and being one step closer to being a Grand Slam Champion in this company is going to leave you as battered and broken as you deserve to be for sticking your face into my business.”

”This is personal because you could have chosen to walk away. You could have let me be. It is almost like you wanted me to come and embarrass you on the last show of the year so that people wouldn't go into next year confused about where your place in this company is. The moment that you laid a hand on me, you were making sure that I knew that I hadn't succeeded in burying you yet. You made yourself part of the unfinished business that I need to take care of before becoming the Forever Bombshell World Champion.”

”December 2 Dismember is just going to be the opening paragraph in the next chapter in my career. It is my first step towards being enshrined in the history of this company for all time. I had one more thing to my resume, and when you manage to dust yourself up, and carry yourself to the back at the end of the night, just know that I will be more than happy to do it all over again. I will give you the third attempt that you accused me of chasing Julianna for. I will give you a chance to see how good that Bombshell Internet Championship looks around my waist up close and personal. And I will happily bounce it off your fucking face until you realize that you'll never get to touch it again until the time comes that I grow bored with it.”

”When I was the Bombshell World Champion I went way too easy on you, and you have come back to haunt me. I won't ever make that mistake again. From now on, everyone that steps into the ring with me doesn't get back up, and if they do, it just means that we aren't done yet. I am done being a mentor, or a face of the future. I am just going to start breaking people until I am the very last one standing. Maybe at that point you all would have realized that you shouldn't have pushed me.”

”Then again, maybe even that is giving you too much credit....”