Author Topic: “The Path to Redemption Part III: Facing the Past.”  (Read 3338 times)

Offline Krystal Wolfe

• View Profile
“The Path to Redemption Part III: Facing the Past.”
« on: October 02, 2023, 04:45:36 PM »
(Roxi was used with Jeremy’s permission)

Krystal’s loss to Roxi Johnson in the Streetfight would not mean the end of her journey through the Climax Controls leading up to High Stakes, because Aleesha Jones had suddenly injured herself during training forcing the bosses to vacate the Bombshell Internet Title and scramble to find a new challenger for High Stakes and champion, what was their solution? An eight woman Battle Royal that would serve as the Main Event for the Go Home Show, and on top of all that? Krystal’s opponents were faces from her past:

Krystal’s former Saviors Ally Kat Jones, her fellow Go Gym Graduates Ariana Angelos and Tempest, Mercedes Vargas, Seleana Zdunich, Zoey Lukas, Sam Marlowe, and Luna Vanity! This is Krystal’s first title shot in months, her last only happening because she had opted to take part in the Roulette Invitational Match at Inception VI all the way back at the start of the year! Can Krystal make the most of this and win?

Backstage at Climax Control 374, San Francisco, California
Sunday the 1st of October 2023, 21:00pm

Remember my first High Stakes cycle as a member of the Bombshell Roster? Back when I was the Bombshell Roulette Champion and the only thing I had to worry about was avenging Ari following Char Kwan’s attack? Fun times.

So much has changed in the past two years that it’s not even funny! Never mind the fact that my friendship with Ari was shattered when I attacked her and Cass at Blaze of Glory earlier in the year, this year’s High Stakes Cycle has managed to make that look quaint by comparison and all in the same night.

How you ask? How about a night that ended in in the now former World Heavyweight Champion being fired for attacking the SCW Refs! I’ve definitely had my disagreements with Jasmine, Jacob, Drew and ESPECIALLY Dawn but not even at my worst did I ever strike them, hell the closest I got to putting a hand on them was when I threw Dawn out of the ring that one time! As for tonight’s events that directly affect me? I lost the Street Fight to Roxi after she caught me in a Small Package, I knew it was going to be a tough fight heading into that match but that wasn’t the end of it.

Because as it turns out? The World Heavyweight Championship wasn’t the only title being vacated this week, the Bombshell Internet Title had been declared vacant after Aleesha injured herself during training and whilst I have no love loss for that woman? I can only imagine how much that sucks! But that injury gave me and seven other Bombshells an opportunity because next week in the main event the new champion and her challenger for High Stakes was being decided in an eight woman Battle Royal and in case you can’t tell? I’m one of those eight women! But who are the remaining seven?

Kat Jones, Tempest, Mercedes Vargas, Seleana Zdunich, Luna Vanity, Zoey Lukas, and Ari! See a pattern there? With the exception of Luna these were all faces from my past, Kat Jones was my Saviours teammate for five minutes, Tempest was another Go Gym Graduate who faced me at Into the Void, Mercedes Vargas was someone who I had faced several times, most prominently during my Roulette Title Reign, Seleana Zdunich was another former challenger of mine who I had faced during the Unsolved Mysteries Tour and Zoey Lukas was my one and only opponent during this year’s Blast from the Past Tournament.

And Ari? Do I really need to go over my history with Ariana at this point? At one point we were pretty much inseparable, now look at us! Our last conversation ended in a shouting match!

So yeah, this match may as well be labelled “Krystal Wolfe faces her Rogues Gallery”.

”One Climax Control has thrown the bosses’ plans into chaos.” I whispered to myself as I looked at the Main Event on the New Card Text, considering that I was beginning to doubt whether I’d ever see title contention again for the rest of the year? This was definitely a pleasant surprise, circumstances be damned. ”Guess they weren’t as iron clad as we all thought.”

“Just the woman I was looking for.” I glanced up and saw Roxi approaching me and promptly pocketed my phone, the Hall of Famer was in her street clothes as opposed to me who was still in my wrestling gear having not had a chance to get changed due to the medics wanting to check on me following the Street Fight. “It’s been quite a night hasn’t it Krystal?”

”You can say that again, and judging from the look on your face, you’ve seen the card for the Go Home show?” I asked Roxi and the redhead nodded to confirm that. ”Then you know what’s ahead of me, with the exception of Luna it’s practically a who’s who of people I either pissed off or wronged during the time between Blaze of Glory and Violent Conduct!”

“And you’ve got Aiana’s volatile nature to deal with as well.” Roxi nodded as she got the idea and I frowned as I thought back over the past few weeks. “I can’t help but feel that I started her on this path when I told her that she wasn’t ready for the World Bombshell Title.”

”It’s either that or my attacks on her at Blaze of Glory and after Into the Void, take your damn pick.” I responded bluntly as I folded my arms. ”Putting that aside for a moment, you never answered my question, I nearly murdered you when we faced off in Rio, hell if I had I wouldn’t be here right now because my ass would either be in jail or an insane asylum yet you bear no grudge.”

“I thought I did when I said that I wasn’t one to hold grudges.” Roxi pointed out and I swiftly shook my head in response. “It’s clearly bothering you Charlotte, let’s hear it.”

”What do you expect me to say?! That because I brought Matthew Kennedy and Marty  McFarge out of obscurity for the final few months of my Roulette Title Reign I almost caused the end of the world?! That for a little over five months I terrorized Bombshells and young aspiring wrestlers alike?!” I asked bluntly as I messaged my forehead, feeling a migraine coming on as I thought back over those five months. ”Not to mention attacking my own flesh and blood to start it all! Cassie has forgiven me, Makayla has forgiven me, you have even less reasons to forgive me than they do especially since Makayla was pregnant with twins during the first two months of my bitch run!”

“That reminds me.” Roxi responded as I let out several deep breaths and I glanced up at her. “How are the twins doing? Cara and Zosia right?”

”Makayla was worried that there’d be health complications because they were born a week premature, thankfully both girls are healthy and growing up faster than I can keep track off.” I admitted as I brushed some hair behind my ear and Roxi nodded. ”But can we get back on track?”

“Off course, look, me and Keira acknowledge that we messed up when we didn’t check on you after your reign ended, if anything we’re trying to prevent history repeating itself with Ariana but you’ve seen how she’s reacted.” Roxi responded and I nodded along as she talked to me. “And most importantly? I know it wasn’t you behind the wheel during that match in Rio, I know it was Sin and she’s gone for good.”

”That’s it?” I asked with a mild scoff as I shook my head in disbelief. ”Sin might have been in the driver’s seat but it was still by my hands that the match in Rio went so dramatically wrong! And yes, I saw it all, Sin made sure that I had a front row seat for each and every atrocity she committed whilst in control of my body, but now that you’ve excised my demon, it’s water under the bridge?”

“I know it’s a lot to take in, but believe me Charlote, I meant every word of that.” Roxi assured me and my frown deepened as I looked the Hall of Famer over. “You and Ari are the future of this business Charlotte, and we’re here to help you every step of the way.”

”Who? You and Keira?” I asked as I went to walk away. ”Because that’s gone so well for Ari! If you excuse me Roxi, I need to get back to the hotel because I have a long flight back to Vegas to catch first thing in the morning and I want to be well……….”

The next part was something I didn’t expect, one moment I was walking away from the SCW Hall of Famer, the next? She had grabbed me by my shoulder and spun me around to face her. “I didn’t say we were finished.” Roxi stated simply as I stared her down. “No one said that carving a path like mine and Keira’s was going to be easy, you’ve hit roadblocks, Ari’s hit roadblocks, Cassie and Harp have hit roadblocks, it’s how you overcome those obstacles that matters, and this Battle Royal is your chance to get back in the title scene after being in a title drought for a good chunk of the year.”

”Beliieve me, the fact that I’ve only had two title shots this year compared to the three I had last year hasn’t gone unnoticed.” I responded as I shook my head.  ”Especially when Ari has had what? Three chances at winning a title since she lost the Bombshell Roulette Title? I know I was dealing with the Sin shit at the time but I wasn’t even on Courtney’s radar when she was picking her challenger for Violent Conduct IX and I’ve been a Bombshell longer than most of the women she listed!”

“Use that frustration and turn that into a win, that’s all I can tell you for now.” Roxi advised me and I nodded in response. “I’ll let you go for now but I’ll keep my eye on you, same goes for Keira and Ari, have a safe flight home.”

”Thanks.” I thanked Roxi before I headed off towards the parking lot, this wasn’t how I expected to end the last Climax Control before High Stakes but then again I doubted the bosses expected to be put into this situation, Michael’s firing, Aleesha’s injury, all that was left was for something to happen to Calvin and the chaos would come full circle in no time.

Calvin was set to defend his title this week as well, maybe he could break the curse that seems to have befallen his little clan?

Krystal’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 2nd of October 2023, 11:00am

Not even twenty four hours after the Battle Royal was announced and a lineup change had been announced, and it’s not a Bombshell pulling out at the last minute either, rather? It’s a Bombshell being added.

That Bombshell was Sam Marlowe and in the process the bosses had managed to reinforce the idea that this match was me against my rogues gallery, if you remember, Sam was the one who eliminated me from the 2022 Blast from the Past Tournament essentially spelling the beginning of the end of my Bombshell Roulette Title Reign! A thing that many Bombshells were quick to celebrate because of how arrogant I was acting! Because how dare a young Bombshell have a record breaking reign and be proud of everything she had accomplished!

Why yes, I am still sore about that, why do you ask?

But more to the point? This match just got a little tougher, Sam may not have been the same Bombshell she was all those years ago but she was still a Hall of Famer for a reason and when you throw her name in with all the other Bombshells in the match?

Yeah, there was no getting around it, this match had just gotten a lot tougher.

”Just what I needed heading into my first title match since January.” I muttered to myself as I read the tweet from Christian, it wasn’t the fact that the match had been changed that had annoyed me, the “Card Subject To Change” disclaimer had been a part of wrestling for as long as I could remember, hell that was how I got on last year’s Violent Conduct card after Jessie didn’t feel like wrestling Sam yet again! It was rather the fact that said title match had just been made so much harder. ”They went and added another Bombshell who I’ve pissed off in the past year to the match.”

”Somehow I doubt Courtney is willing to give up the World Bombshell Championship just for a shot at you.” Makayla chimed in as she walked into the kitchen and I glanced up at my Greek Australian wife. ”So, who have they added to the Battle Royal?”

”Sam Marlowe.” I responded as I brushed some of my hair over my shoulder and Makayla nodded. ”So to recap, we have my Saviours ally for five minutes, my first opponent since Blaze of Glory, Tempest, Ari, Seleana, Mercedes, Luna and Seleana.” I added as I shook my head. ”Not counting Mercedes and Luna? It’s practically a who’s who of people I pissed off since Blaze of Glory.”

”Gotta admit, it’s a hell of a coincidence, but it’s definitely a coincidence, every woman in that Battle Royal is a former champion in SCW, well besides Zoey unless Queen for a Day counts as a championship, and Sam’s a Hall of Famer.” Makayla reasoned as she folded her arms. ”Besides, Sam was probably meant to be in the match from the get-go but Michael’s firing likely left the bosses not thinking straight, it would explain the typo in the card at least.”

”Typo?” I asked before I got my phone out to look at the card again, I hadn’t even noticed it at first but it was true, Kat Jones had been called Kay Jones and they had apparently neglected to correct it even whilst adding Sam to the match. ”You’d think they’d have someone proof read the card so mistakes like this wouldn’t happen.” I commented as I put my phone away and Makayla shrugged.

”Yet she who has never made a typo in her entire life even without proof readers cast the first stone.” Makayla responded and I went to respond but couldn’t find the words. ”Yeah, I thought so, now if you excuse me? I need to use the kitchen because I’m preparing lunch for us and Rachel.”

”Guessing Cara and Zosia have already been fed?” I asked and Makayla nodded to confirm that. ”You do that, I’ll go check on the twins before I start playing Mario Maker 2.” I added and Makayla nodded before I went off to do just that.

Nevada Desert
Monday the 2nd of October 2023, 21:00pm

*promo time*

This will be interesting.

”I’m honestly not sure who was more surprised that this match came about, me and the eight other Bombshells in it or the bosses themselves.” I stated as I sat down on the hood of my Nissan Quash Quai. ”But whatever plans the bosses had for Aleesha Jones and her Bombshell Internet Title Reign at High Stakes went out the window when she got injured in training, I have no love lost for Aleesha and you’d only need look at my Twitter Exchanges with her to see why but I will say that I wouldn’t wish a title reign ending due to injury on anyone! That said, this does provide me with a hell of an opportunity because the winner of this Battle Royal and the runner up will square off at High Stakes in the winner’s first defence!” I stated before sighing. ”I just gotta outlast Kat Jones, Zoey Lukas, Tempest, Luna Vanity, Sam Marlowe, Ariana Angelos, Mercedes Vargas and Seleana Zdunich to do it!”

No pressure.

”Want to know what most of those women have in common? In some way or another, I’ve angered them over the past year with my actions between Blaze of Glory and Violent Conduct! And off course, they are in the Battle Royal but that goes without saying.” I stated as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”But if you ask me? There’s no one more motivated to win this Battle Royal than me! I’ve spent a good chunk of the year watching on the sidelines as other Bombshells got opportunities, from choke artists like Georgie Robertson to people who haven’t quite lived up to the hype like Laura Phoenix, do you have any idea how frustrating that was?” I asked hypothetically as I folded my arms. ”Well? I’m done waiting on the sidelines!”

Here we go.

”You ladies had better believe that I’m taking this opportunity by the horns and winning the Bombshell Internet Championship! Not even the combined strength of Tempest and Zoey Lukas will be able to get in my way!” I added as I hopped off the hood of my car and started to walk around. ”I’ve waited well over a year to get back into title contention, that ends this Sunday! And as I get ready to start going over the other women in this match? Why don’t I start with a returning face?”

You’re up Kat!

”I guess the saying’s true Kat: retirement in professional wrestling may as well be a paid vacation! Either that or you have nine lives like your namesake.” I stated as I looked my nails absentmindedly. ”We’ve wrestled once before, when you were the Bombshell Roulette Champion and I foolishly checked myself out of hospital thinking the Go Gym would let me train whilst injured! We both know how that ended but the question is, can you keep up with me whilst I’m healthy? One way to find out!”

Next up is Luna.

”And as for Luna? She’s the one Bombshell in this match who I can confidently say that I have no strong feelings about one way or another!” I stated as I shook my head. ”I don’t know what your alliance with Alexander Raven is about Luna but from what I’ve seen? He’s clearly the more talented one, he’s one title away from winning a Triple Crown, you held the Bombshell Roulette Title for a cup of tea and have struggled to get back in the title scene since then but since we’ve never wrestled? You’re the one who I want to face most because you are at least fresh competition! We’ll see how it turns out in any case.”

Next up Zoey.

”And speaking of underachievers, it’s Zoey! Tell me Zoey, how does it feel to be in the shadow of a sister who’s about to enter the Hall of Fame?” I asked bluntly as I folded my arms. ”Look, Alicia’s a bitch who’s never respected me but she definitely earned that Hall of Fame spot, but at the rate you’re going Zoey? The question becomes, will you join Alicia in the Hall of Fame when it’s all said and done? I don’t think so, and this Battle Royal will be another testament to that!”

Next up Tempest.

”Well, I had to address the elephants in the room at some point, because also in this match are two fellow Go Gym Graduates who have a grudge against me! I’ll get to the unstable one in a sec but Tempest is my main focus for now.” I said as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”I don’t think I need to remind anyone of the story behind my last encounter with Tempest, we had a PPV Match and everything! But the thing with Battle Royals Tempest is that the biggest threats in the match are logically targeted for elimination from the get-go, and I don’t see this ending any better for you as long as the other women in this match use their brains!”

Next up Ariana.

”And off course, there’s Ariana! The one who I attacked at Blaze of Glory and set the whole rest of the year in motion for the two of us!” I stated as I let out a deep breath. ”I’ll address that and my other actions over this past year once I’ve gone over everyone but Ari? Seriously babe, get some fucking help! You’re not doing yourself any favours when you go on rants like you did at Climax Control! My personal prediction for Ari? Either she makes it all the way or everyone gets tired of her shit and eliminates her, and the smart money is on the latter!”

Next up Mercedes.

”and we are back to the underachievers! But at least this one has been in the Hall of Fame! Twice as she’ll be so quick to remind you! And it’s funny because I had a small feud with Mercedes during last year’s High Stakes build!” I stated as I shook my head. ”A small feud that still makes me question why the bosses keep someone so obviously past their prime around! Mercedes? We’ve faced each other five times! And I only lost the first match because neither of us were involved in the deciding pinfall! That doesn’t bode well for you does it Mercedes? At least I can guarantee that you’ll get a random as fuck title shot before the end of the year!”

Next up is Sam.

”And speaking of last year, here’s someone who I had a serious hate boner for through most of 2022, Sam “sorry I’m late to the party” Marlowe!” I stated as I shook my head. ”Our last physical encounter was when I attacked you at the Into the Void event back in May, want to know why I never followed that up? Besides being involved in far more important shit with Keira? You didn’t impress me in either match, and so I deemed you not worth my time! I’m sure your eager to prove that assessment wrong Sam, but is it really wrong?”

Last up is Seleana.

”And here to round out the underachievers is Seleana Zdunich! How she went from losing a Roulette Rules Match to Georgie to being a potential Bombshell Internet Champion is beyond me!” I stated honestly as I threw my hands up in disbelief. ”Unless you were added to the match on your past merits off course Seleana but honestly? At the rate you’re going people will end up forgetting that you’re a former Roulette and World Champ! And that’s not a good sign for a former champion! Sure, I’ve had my ups and downs since my reign ended Seleana but at least I give a shit! At least I put an effort in unlike someone who just shows up to collect a pay check like you!”

Stacked match.

”Regardless of my personal feelings about any of the women un this match? You gotta admit, this match is stacked as fuck!” I added with a grin on my face. ”All but one of the women in this match have held titles during their SCW Careers and that one is debatable if you don’t count winning the Queen for a Day Match as a title! But regardless? I’m out to get back to a position I’ve been denied for too long, the position of title holder in SCW!”

Can I do it?

”But between a returning Bombshell and several other hungry women? Can I do it?” I asked as I started walking back to my car. ”There’s only one way we’ll know that for sure and that’s too head into this Battle Royal ready to throw down with some of the best women’s wrestlers on the roster and Mercedes Vargas! And trust me, I’ll do everything in my power to walk out the new champion!”

It’s that simple.

”And once the dust settles? Not only will I be the new champion but I’ll know who my first challenger will be! And looking at the other women in this match? It’ll be a hell of a match at High Stakes no matter what, that’s for damn sure!” I said as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”Granted I don’t want to wrestle Mercedes Vargas for the second High Stakes in a row but I’ll take on whoever fate decides will be my first challenger! I’ve waited two young years to enter High Stakes as a champion again and I won’t let it go to waste!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”Has there been an Australian born Bombshell Internet Champion in SCW before? I’m sure Mercedes will inform us one way or another but if I end up being the first after this match? Then that will make my victory all the sweeter!” I stated as I walked back towards my car. ”Because as far as title shots go? My 2023 has been as barren as the Nevada Desert and not nearly as hot! But as the face of a new generation of Bombshells leading the charge as the winds of change blow at The Path to Redemption Part III: Facing the Past? That’s about to change for the better! See you ladies on Sunday!”

I got in my car and drove off as the scene fades.