Author Topic: COURTNEY PIERCE (c) v ARIANA ANGELOS - WORLD BOMBSHELL CHAMPIONSHIP  (Read 3941 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
Please post all roleplays here! Have fun and good luck!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Ariana Angelos

• View Profile
“Avenging My Heroes!”
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2023, 09:04:20 PM »
(Carter and Miles were used with their handlers’ permission, Keira was used with her character’s permission)

Ariana has been down on her luck since she failed to capture the World Bombshell Title from Roxi at Into the Void, not only did the Greek American Bombshell fail to get a single win during the Summer XXXTreme Cycle that followed but any momentum she gained from Team Go’s win over The Barnharts at the start of the cycle was quickly quashed when she failed to defeat the Bombshell Internet Champion Kayla Richards in a Title Eliminator Match two weeks later.

Over the next two weeks Ariana would use the remaining Climax Controls as an avenue to vent her frustrations and it seemed likely that the twenty two year old would miss an SCW PPV for the first time in her SCW Career! But fate had other plans for Ariana as she would be selected at random as Courtney Pierce’s next challenger for the World Bombshell Title at Violent Conduct! Ariana won her first singles title at the previous year’s Violent Conduct dethroning Melissa in the latter’s second defence against her and Georgie Robertson but can Ariana repeat history with the top prize in the Bombshell Division?

Backstage at Climax Control 370, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Sunday the 13th of August 2023, 23:00pm

There’s no way around it, this year has sucked for me.

It started off well, Carter was out of his abusive relationship with Laz and was dating Miles who, frankly, was not only a much better boyfriend but a better fit for Carter in general, I was entering the New Year with the Bombshell Roulette Title though if we’re being honest? That was only because my match against Amber Ryan was non-title, so, when did it start going downhill? Honestly, it was that match against Amber.

Yeah, I know, that match happened at the tail end of 2022  but it was the shock that the bosses were throwing their youngest champion (at least I think I was the youngest, was Masque’s age ever confirmed?) in against a competitor as vicious as Amber combined with my defeat at her hands that started to put doubt in my mind, Amber said that I was stagnating as a competitor, something I had tried to avoid in SCU by making the jump to SCW after SCU announced its closure, and whilst that wasn’t my first loss as a champion (that went to Team Hero during Keira’s temporary retirement tour and even then Krystal took the pin in that tag match), it was something that made me doubt my abilities as the Bombshell Roulette Champion.

Throw in the fact that my last match of 2022 was against Masque and Avalon Blackthorn and was it any surprise that the first show of 2023 would see the end of my reign as Roulette Champion? I had lasted the longest out of all the champions to come after Krystal’s legendary reign ended in 2022 but those losses planted enough doubt in my mind that, as much as I tried to hide it, I just couldn’t recover my momentum, with Roxi’s comments about me during the lead up to the World Bombshell Title Match at Into the Void being the nail in my self confidence’s coffin.

As for the Summer XXXTreme Cycle? Those losses just drove more nails into my coffin, and my loss to Kayla two weeks ago didn’t help,, which is why I’m shocked I’m being thrown into this title match!

”WAIT, WHAT?!” I yelled out upon hearing Courtney announce me as her next challenger, I hadn’t really been paying attention to Courtney’s promo, I knew she had namedropped me but with my low self confidence combined with the names listed alongside me (Julia DiMaria, Luna Vanity, Seleana Zdunich, Bea Barnhart, Eiley and Georgie Robertson) I figured there was no chance that I’d get picked, hell, Bea would be a better choice than me at this point but sure enough? ”No, no, this has to be a mistake, I’m not worthy of a title shot at this point!”

”BESTIE!” I nearly jumped out of my skin when I heard Carter’s voice and I barely had enough time to look up to see Carter running hug me, Miles wasn’t far behind and whilst he wasn’t as affectionate as Carter, the Brit was clearly happy for me. ”Have you heard the news? Your Courtney’s next challenger!”

”Err, yeah, I was literally just listening to her promo.” I responded with an uncertain laugh before Carter freed me from his hug. ”But I’m not a worthy challenger for Courtney’s title, I’m going to ask the bosses to see if they can convince her to change her mind, err, once Christian is finished picking out splinters of broken wood from his body at least.” I added and Carter and Miles shared a look, and it wasn’t a happy one. ”I’m being truthful! Hell, Bea would be………..”

”Don’t even THINK about finishing that sentence!” Carter cut me off and I stopped dead in my tracks, I hadn’t seen Carter this angry in almost a year, not since me and Krystal tried to get his family’s contact info from Gabriel. ”Bea Barnhart? Were you seriously about to say that BEA BARNHART would be a better challenger than you?! Bestie, you’re a Go Gym Graduate, a former champion in SCU and SCW, you were Roxi’s last challenger before she dropped the title to Courtney, Bea didn’t even hold the Mixed Tag Team Titles for five minutes!”

“To be fair. Alicia did book the Barnharts against Mercer and Tempest during her Queen for a Day Episode! She may as well have stripped the titles from The Barnharts and just given them to Mercer and Tempest.” Miles responded as he shook his head and we couldn’t really argue with that, especially looking at the teams Mercer and Tempest would go on to defeat during their Mixed Tag Title Reign. “But Ari? Have you seen the card for Violent Conduct?”

”They put it out already?” I asked with a confused look on my face and Miles showed me the card on his phone, there were some glaring omissions, the Bombshell Roulette Title Match was listed as “winner of Jessie vs. Georgie vs. Alexandra Callaway” for obvious reasons and some matches weren’t finalized yet, but the more I looked at it, the more I realized that there was one name missing that stood out to me. ”You’re not on the card Carter?”

”Yeah and I checked with Mark, there’s no male Superstars willing to give up their slot on the card to let me wrestle like Jessie did for Krystal last year.” Carter nodded in response and I winced as it dawned on me before I passed the phone back to Miles. ”And here you are complaining about being picked for Courtney’s World Bombshell Title Match?!”

”It’s not that!” I insisted as I ran a hand through my hair but the guys weren’t convinced. ”I haven’t won a match on my own since I beat Zoey in Romania, our win over the Barnharts did break my losing streak but I wasn’t the one who got the win for Team Go, that was you Carter!” I added before sighing as I leaned against the wall with my arms crossed. ”I want to be the World Bombshell Champion someday but……..”

”BUT NOTHING!” Carter interrupted me and I stopped dead in my tracks, even Miles was caught off guard by that and he was on Carter’s side! ”Ari, to be honest? I’ve had it up to here with your woe is me attitude, this is just the first time that I’ve had a chance to talk to you about it! You are one of the best wrestlers on the roster, you proved that when you held your own against Roxi and Keira, hell you held your own against Amber last year!”

”The same match that caused me to start doubting myself?” I asked in reference to the last match Carter just shook his head. ”Between that and the match against Masque and Blackthorn was it any real surprise that my reign ended on the first show of the New Year?”

“True as that might be, you got promoted to the Bombshell Internet/World Bombshell Title divisions almost as soon as it ended, mostly thanks to Eaven and Jessie getting a contender’s match on the first Climax Control of the year but still.” Miles chimed in and I glanced up at the Brit. “You haven’t even had a whiff of a Roulette Title Shot since then, even with Jessie’s open challenges.”

”The same open challenges that I refused to take up because I didn’t think I’d be a worthy challenger for Jess?” I asked bluntly as I let out a deep breath. ”I was a different woman when I defended the Bombshell Roulette Title against Jessie last year, I had a lot more confidence in myself for one thing, but with Jessie’s retirement tour she’d go all out to make sure she got her win back and extend her career a bit more.”

“And Jessie’s done a lot for the division over the years, but sometimes? You just have to believe in yourself Ari.” Miles responded as he stepped up to me and I glanced up at him. “And whilst I do feel for you Ari? I’m with Carter, you can’t keep the pity party up forever.”

”What do you expect me to do about it?” I asked as I let out a deep breath and the guys shared a look. ”I thought we’d be in the same boat after Kayla beat me Carter, you know, left off the card?”

”I was just as surprised as you were when Courtney picked you but think of it this way.” Carter stated and I waited for his answer. ”Would Courtney even be in this position if literally anyone else was picked as her partner in the 2018 Blast from the Past? Look at what Fenris has accomplished since his win and compare it to Courtney, do I even need to say anything else?”

Carter was right, in the five years since Fenris and Courtney won the 2018 Blast from the Past Tournament Fenris had pretty much solidified his future spot in the SCW Hall of Fame, Courtney? She got injured before she could challenge for the title, came back, didn’t do much, got married to Ruby and has now come from out of nowhere to win the World Bombshell Title after finally cashing in her shot defeating both members of Team Hero and Devona along the way, I couldn’t really describe what happened next but after a few minutes of keeping my eyes low to the ground I finally looked up with a fire in my eyes. ”To prepare me for the next time.” I whispered to myself earning confused looks from Carter and Miles. ”You guys remember what Roxi told me when I challenged her at Into the Void right?”

“That you weren’t ready and that she was giving you the tough love treatment by saying just that.” Miles responded with a nod as he scratched his chin. “Why?”

”Well, for starters, I don’t think Roxi thought that “next time” would literally be at SCW’s next International PPV but here we are.” I responded simply and the guys shared a look before nodding in agreement. ”And I got super defensive when Roxi said that because it was like my childhood dream was being destroyed right in front of my eyes.”

“Yeah, I remember you saying as much on Twitter.” Miles nodded as he folded his arms. “But how does Courtney fit into all this? She’s only a few years older than you and Carter.”

”Because I’ll be defending my heroes’ honour by taking Courtney on.” I responded simply as I started to walk off. ”She called Roxi a disappointment after she dethroned her, same went with Keira! Hell, she defeated Devona at Summer XXXTreme, so in a way I’m defending thee o Gym’s honour as well!”

”And that’s EXACTLY what I wanted to see from you!” Carter responded proudly and I grinned a little bit. ”No more of this self-pity crap, the Greek Angel is back!”

”No, the Greek Angel isn’t back.” I responded as I turned to Carter and Miles and Carter was taken aback when he saw the look in my eyes. ”The Greek Goddess is back!”

I left the guys alone with those words but the look on their faces said it all, the Greek Goddess was something I invented when I was still in SCU, after I got the crap beat out of me by Char Kwan and then had to deal with SCU’s management/GRIME at the time, not only did it take me changing my theme song from “Fortune Favours the Bold” by Alter the Sky to “In The Middle of the Night” by Within Temptation and whilst I downplayed it after coming to SCW? I planned to bring it back when the time came.

Guess what Courtney? The time has come.

Wondering through a village in Yucatan, Mexico
Tuesday the 15th of August 2023, 16:00pm

I’ve had a lot to think about since Climax Control.

Carter’s tough love flavoured pep talk did finally get me out of the rut I’ve been in since Summer XXXTreme but I had a lot of work to do as I headed into my second World Bombshell Title Match of the year, I had to build my confidence up fast and I couldn’t really fly back to Vegas for a chat with Gabriel either.

But as I was walking through the streets? I spotted someone who helped me (in her own way) during the previous year’s Violent Conduct, off course this time around she was the Bombshell Roulette Champion and I was the one without a title.

Well, okay, I wasn’t a champion until after last year’s Violent Conduct but my point still stands.

”Fancy running into you here Jess.” I greeted the veteran Bombshell as I walked up to Jessie, her title was sitting on the chair next to her at the café and Jessie grinned before sharing a fist bump with me. ”Only this time around? The shoes’ on the other foot, isn’t it?”

”It is, isn’t it? And before you ask? I’m not going to go through my title match rules with you again.” Jessie responded before inviting me to join her at her table and I did just that. ”It worked the first time in Chandigarh, it worked when I challenged you for the title in that Black Friday Brawl, I don’t think it’ll work the third time around somehow.” Jessie added and I wasn’t about to deny that because one can only get sucker punched by the same individual so many times before they get wise to it. ”That said? I know your confidence hasn’t been the same since the match against Roxi.”

”That’s an understatement.” I sighed as I brushed some of my black hair over my shoulder. ”Total transparency? I’ve had confidence issues since my mid-teens, my parents were under the impression that part of raising a child was to emotionally abuse them, and occasionally physically abuse them, and they used their only daughter as a Guinee Pig for that theory.” I stopped mid-sentence to look at the look on Jessie’s face, it was hardly a secret that Jessie was a child abuse survivor at this point and whilst she kept a calm exterior? There was an undeniable anger in her eyes. ”What sucks is that it took me enrolling at the Go Gym for me to realize just how fucked up that whole idea is.”

”That’s the one thing about abuse in general, not just child abuse, that no one likes to talk about, eventually the victim starts seeing it as normal.” Jessie sighed as she shook her head and I nodded in agreement. ”I was relatively lucky, being a foster kid Child Services were vigilant about any home they put me with, they got me out of there in a damn hurry once the abuse was uncovered but by then? I had already turned to drugs and metal to escape.”

”Yeah, the last I heard from my parents they moved back to Pittsburgh after disowning me, there was a threat of them coming back into my life last year but they never followed through with it.” I responded with a frown as I shook my head. ”Thank god for that, I don’t know if I would’ve been able to hold Francisco back.”

”It’s like I said before, you managed to snag yourself a tall, dark and handsome husband who isn’t afraid to defend his wife’s honour, that alone is more valuable than any championship in wrestling.” Jessie assured me as she shook  her head. ”Shane’s put on a bit of weight since I married him but we’ve been married for eight years now, that’s got to count for something, even if he found out at the same time as everyone else about my retirement plans.”

Ahh yeah, the elephant in the room, Jessie’s plans to retire after her Roulette Title Reign ended was the latest in a long line of shocking moments from this year with Christian getting Chokeslammed through a table by Zoey and Tempest being the latest incident. ”I wasn’t going to bring that up honestly but is this really the end? Are you going to call it a career after this reign?” I asked and Jessie nodded.

”Even though it’s been on my mind for a long time, it wasn’t a decision that came easy, I needed to make sure that I would go through with it before I made the announcement and then make sure that it didn’t get leaked.” Jessie responded with a nod before taking a sip of her drink. ”That meant leaving Harper and the rest of my family in the dark as well, but given her close friendship with Cassie? I couldn’t risk word reaching that blabbermouth.”

”Ahh yeah, that’s true, but you still managed to upset other  people in the business.” I pointed out as I shifted my weight. ”Kat, Keira, Amy, even Christian.”

”Oh please, during my title shot campaign heyday upsetting Christian was like an average Tuesday for me! As for the others? I have some leeway thanks to the fact that I said that I’ll retire once I am no longer champion.” Jessie responded as she shook her head. ”Either I lose it to Alexandra in two weeks or I lose it down the road, either way, retiring on my own terms is a lot better than being forced to retire due to injury.”

”I guess I can’t argue with that.” I responded with a shrug before I felt my stomach rumble. ”Man, I knew I should’ve grabbed something to eat at the hotel!” I sighed at which point Jessie got an idea.

”Tell you what Ari, stick around and share a meal and I’ll pay for it.” Jessie suggested and I gave the veteran Bombshell a surprised look. ”I was getting hungry as well and besides, you are joining me at my table.”

”You know what? I’m not saying no to that.” I responded with a grin before Jessie called a waitress over to order some food, I will say this, Mexican food is what it’s cracked up to be but I felt the need to try something more extravagant than café food at some point on this trip.

Who knows? Maybe one of the last things I’ll do on this trip will be to prepare a Mexican feast much like I did in India last year? Hopefully with a much better aftermath.

Down a dark alley in a village in Yucatan, Mexico
Tuesday the 15th of August 2023, 21:00pm

Yeah, I know, don’t go down Mexican alleys, there’s a chance you’ll stumble upon a drug deal or something, well for starters? Yucatan is actually one of the safer states in Mexico, having low crime rates and tourist attractions like Chitzen Iza! And besides, I’m pretty sure the person I’m meeting would save me from any criminals if that happened!

”Keira?” I called out to the alley as I walked down it, it was pretty late at night so I wasn’t expecting to be able to find the Team Hero member that easy, but low and behold Keira stepped out of the shadows to greet me. ”Glad that didn’t take long, you wanted to talk?”

“What I wanted was to reiterate the pep talk I gave you at Hero Academy the other week but I see Carter’s worked his magic.” Keira admitted with a nod as she looked me over. “I don’t need mind reading abilities to know that your confidence is a lot higher than it was at the past few Climax Controls.”

”It took my bestie applying some tough love but here I am, with my confidence where I need it to be for this match against Courtney.” I responded with a nod as I brushed some hair behind my ear. ”Even so? She dethroned Roxi, survived Devona, attacked your leg until you had no choice but to tap, what am I supposed to do against someone who’s beaten not one, not two but three women who have defeated me?”

“That is a good question, but shocks can happen in this business, if they didn’t than Courtney wouldn’t be champion right now.” Keira responded with a nod before she leaned against the wall. “You are a much better wrestler than you realize Ariana, you just need to start believing in yourself again.”

”Why do I feel like I’ve been transported to a Saturday Morning Cartoon Show?” I joked getting a laugh out of Keira. ”Almost feel like I should include a PSA about doing drugs or bullying at the end of my promo.”

“If you want anyone to do the “knowing is half the battle” line at the end, let me know!” Keira responded with a laugh before shaking her head. “But seriously, I won’t be around as much as I’d like over the next two weeks, I need to make my final preparations against Sin and this was the only time we had available to talk.”

”I understand that, and I appreciate you giving up your time during such a tumultuous event..” I nodded in understanding as I folded my arms. ”Me and Cass were two of Krystal’s first victims, it almost feels poetic for me to get another World Bombshell Title Shot whilst your gearing up for your last fight against her.”

“Universe can be funny like that, can’t it?” Keira responded with a grin before I leaned against the wall. “Don’t worry about me, just worry about Courtney, frankly I have enough on my plate with Young Justice flying in for the match.”

”That’s Cassie and Harper’s new team isn’t it?” I asked and Keira nodded. ”But why? They know how dangerous Sin is!”

“In Cassie’s case? You’ve already brought it up, she feels that she has to be there because Krystal victimised her first, Harper just wants to be there to fight for what’s right.” Keira responded as she shook her head. “They are good kids but I’m worried Sin will target them, unfortunately Cassie is scheduled to wrestle for the EWC in Mexico on Rampage in a few weeks so she has a legitimate reason for being here, and I doubt I could’ve stopped them anyway!”

”Stubbornness definitely runs in their families, if me and Francisco ever have kids remind me to dissuade them from going into wrestling.” I responded as I shook my head and Keira nodded in understanding. ”Speaking of wrestling families, how Sophie doing?”

“She’s doing well, keeping up with the older girls in the class without many problems but she won’t get her graduation match until she turns eighteen.” Keira responded with a frown and I nodded in agreement. “I’m not unleashing a high school aged girl on the wrestling business, eighteen is as young as I’m willing to train, anyone younger is a major liability.”

”As someone who entered training at eighteen? I completely agree.” I nodded in agreement before I started to walk off. ”Good luck against Sin.”

“Thanks, I’ll need it.” Keira thanked me with a nod before I walked off.

Ariana’s hotel room, a town in Yucatan, Mexico
Wednesday the 16th of August 2023, 11:00am

Will the second time be the charm.

”Okay, look, I’m not about to deny that my initial reaction to this World Bombshell Title Match made me look ungrateful. I can’t help the fact that my self-confidence was at rock bottom I’m afraid!” I admitted after I started my webcam. ”But it took some tough love from my own bestie to get me out of that stupor and here I am, ready to take you on Courtney!”

This will be good.

”Frankly Courtney? I don’t even know where to start with you!” I commented as I folded my arms. ”You came back for the Blast from the Past Tournament and came this close to pulling a repeat of your 2018 performance, only to be stopped by a woman you would later retain your title against, and then you finally cashed in your win from the 2018 tournament in what many thought would be an easy defence for Roxi, instead? You did what I couldn’t, you ended Roxi’s title reign! But you want to know what sets us apart Courtney? I earned my shot at Roxi!”

There I said it.

”I mean hell, Roxi wasn’t even in the company when you won the title opportunity, Mikah was the champion you had your eyes set on! But then again, your match against Devona proved that the only thing set in stone about winning Blast from the Past is who will serve as the challenger!” I commented as I shook my head. ”Even so, you waited five years to cash it in, I was still a wrestling trainee when you earned your title shot, you mean to tell me there’s no statute of limitations on this thing? Or was Carter right when he called your shot against Roxi wrestling’s biggest pity fuck?”

You heard me.

”And yeah, I’m not censoring myself against you Court, you disrespected my friends, you disrespected my heroes and you disrespected the Go Gym, how? You said that me and my friends all suck as wrestlers when me and Carter have done far more collectively than you’ve done on your own, you called Roxi a disappointment and blamed Keira for what happened to your wife and worst of all? You dismissed Devona like she was nothing after you beat her.” I stated as I listed off the reasons with my fingers. ”And it’s fucking hilarious that you disrespected the Go Gym when you were carried by one of the best wrestlers to emerge from that school to get where you are!”

Here we go.

”Seriously, Fenris is a future Hall of Famer, I don’t think anyone’s denying that at this point, but then we look at you and realize that it took you a long time to get your mojo back after you forfeited your title shot in 2018, what has it been? Five years?” I asked with a grin on my face. ”The same thing happened when you teamed with Ken Davison this year and it’s funny because if fate had gone a different way? We would’ve met in the Semi-Finals instead of you meeting J2H and Devona, but not even a multi time champion like Ken could carry you to a second Blast from the Past Final, face it Courtney, when you’ve got no one to rely on but yourself? Nine times out of ten, you fall, and you fall hard!”

Your downfall.

”And that’s the story of how your reign as World Bombshell Champion will end, you’ll meet a younger, hungrier Bombshell who’s eager to win her first World Bombshell Title, someone you literally picked from random because, in your own words, everyone else was busy and you needed to pick someone.” I commented as I brushed my long black hair over my shoulder. ”And that was when you made your biggest mistake Cort, you dismissed me thinking I’d be an easy defence, something The Troll agrees with you on but who listens to that idiot outside of The Saviours? I’ve seen toilet roll with more value than his so called title belt! What you don’t realize Courtney is that by being so dismissive, you’ve awakened a sleeping giant!”

Yep!

”The Greek Goddess was a persona I invented during my final months with SCU, I was tired of taking everyone’s crap and became a lot more dangerous as a result, thing is Court? When I made the jump to SCW I made the decision to keep it contained, to just focus on being myself! To date only a few have forced me to bring the Greek Goddess back out, congrats Court, you’ve joined an elite club.” I stated bluntly as I leaned back in my chair. ”Because I’m bringing that persona out from the word go for this match Court, because if that’s what it takes to end the title reign of an arrogant bitch? Then so be it!”

But can I do it?

”The match happened three months ago but the words of Roxi Johnson still ring true in my ear, I wasn’t ready at Into the Void, that match was Roxi preparing me for the next time, what I didn’t realize was that that next time would be at the next International Tour.” I commented before chuckling. ”Hell, it seems fortune smiles at me during these tours, Greece Lightning? Made my debut for SCW, ended it by getting revenge on Char Kwan, last year’s tour of India for Violent Conduct? Won the Bombshell Roulette Title, my first ever singles title, The Unsolved Mysteries Tour? Blast from the Past Quarter Finalist and lived my childhood dream by challenging Roxi for the World Bombshell Title on PPV!” I said before pausing to think of this for a moment. ”Wonders of the World tour?”

It's that simple.

”Anything can happen in this business, ending two Violent Conduct Cycles in a row as a new champion? That is definitely on the cards for me.”  I said with a confident grin. ”Court, you’ve been arrogant since you won that title and it’s high time someone fed you a piece of humble pie! But this is more than just about winning the tile for me, this is about me avenging my heroes!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”I’m well aware that Team Hero are busy with their own stuff at Violent Conduct and I wish them luck in their respective matches, but I hope that they will be watching in two weeks’ time!” I added as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”Because Courtney? After I make you bask in the glory of the Greek Goddesses’ light? Maybe then you’ll realize that you shouldn’t have underestimated a girl from the Go Gym, because without another member of the Go Gym’s graduation class to back you up? You wouldn’t be in the position you are today! Because you’d just be remembered as another failure of Jet City!”

I turned off the webcam as the scene fades.

Offline Roux

• View Profile
Re: COURTNEY PIERCE (c) v ARIANA ANGELOS - WORLD BOMBSHELL CHAMPIONSHIP
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2023, 11:59:56 PM »
==========================================================
>
===========================================================

Sleight of Hand
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - During Climax Control 369
13 AUGUST 2023
OFF-Camera

Everything had gone according to plan. Mark and Christian wanted me to pick my challenger, and I managed to make an uninspiring pick somewhat enthusiastically. The fans seemed receptive. I knew that there would be backlash about my choice later, but that was going to happen no matter who I picked. That is why it had to look like it was left up to chance. I couldn’t just call my shot like Kayla did with only the bottom of the Bombshell barrel left to choose from. All of those women would have been overmatched. None of them are deserving, so one of them was always going to feel like they won the lottery when I picked them.

My only concern now was getting out of the building before one of the airhead backstage reporters tried to dissect my choice. I didn’t want to answer any questions. I felt like everything that I did down in the ring spoke for itself, and got buttoned up real nicely there at the end. However, it was just a matter of time before one of the bimbos, or the stoner with a microphone caught up to me to ask their stupid questions. Since my wife wasn’t with me on the tour anymore, there was no real reason for me to stay and leaving was a much simpler process. I hadn’t even brought attire to compete in. I never even took anything out of my bag. All I had to do was stop by the locker room to grab it and I was gone.

OZ: You really expect people to believe that you actually had everyone’s names on those cards?

He had been waiting on me. I never even had a chance to spot him early and avoid him on my path. The moment that I opened the locker room door, half of the Mixed Tag Team Champions was waiting on me with my bag sitting in the middle of the floor in front of him.

COURT: I clearly flashed them at the camera. You can go back and look.

I took a step towards the bag, and he didn’t move. He hadn’t been holding it hostage as much as he had been guarding it until I showed up. Clearly the kid wanted to talk, and I couldn’t imagine that it was actually about how I picked Ariana.

OZ: Yeah, maybe everybody had one. Are you actually going to try and tell me that everyone in the mix had their name on the same amount of cards though?

I picked up the bag and threw the strap over my shoulder. Surprisingly, he made absolutely no move to stop me from doing so. If he wasn’t going to prevent me from leaving, then he was going to have to rapidly get to the point because I had no plans to humor him.

COURT: I don’t know what you’re talking about, and I am not sure if I like the accusation.

I turned back towards the door, and I heard him shift forward in his chair with a sigh.

OZ: I think you wanted to pick your challenger without making it look like you were picking your challenger. I think you knew people would talk about you taking a night off if you just straight up challenged Ariana, and believe me, they’re still gonna.

I turned back to him, doing my best to play stupid.

COURT: What are you trying to say, Oz?

I could tell that he wasn’t buying the act, but he also wasn’t asking me to confirm his theory. He wasn’t really asking me if the draw was rigged, as much as he was telling me that he knew that it was, and if he already knew, then this accusation of trickery couldn’t be the real reason that he was here. I found myself suddenly interested in the point he was trying to make..

OZ: I am trying to say if it was all just part of the game, why bring up Eiley’s name at all?

And all at once, my interest was lost. I thought being bothered by one of the backstage interviewers would be bad. I wasn’t going to be roped into any white knighting bullshit, especially not from Oz.

COURT: Oh, so you’re just calling me a liar in defense of your partner, is that it? Eiley is a big girl. If she had a problem with being one of the options, she could have just come to tell me herself.

I turned back towards the door, and this time I didn’t stop. If he was going to want to continue the conversation, he was going to have to do so while I was leaving. This wasn’t worth standing around for.

OZ: That’s not it. I just saw through the game. If the purpose was to make everyone on that list feel just as interchangeable with any of the rest of them, you could have left her out. She is holding a championship already. She was booked in a match. It was a shot that you didn’t need to take.

So he doesn’t care that I was screwing with half the roster, as long as his girl was left out of it. It would have been funny if I didn’t find the whole thing incredibly pathetic. Eiley was more than capable of handling herself, and the fact that she wasn’t here making this argument herself was more than enough proof for me that nothing had been out of bounds. Oz was the only one with a problem.

COURT: ...and apparently a shot that you think that she should be exempt from for some reason.

I pushed open both of the double doors leading out to the parking lot, and regretted having called for a driver instead of booking my own rental car for the event. I would give anything to escape the conversation, but a glance at my phone screen said that salvation was still a few minutes away. Oz apparently took that as an opportunity to convince me of his point.

OZ: Shouldn’t she? She made a pass through Jet City while you were the one running the place even if it wasn’t where she spent most of her time. You have stuck your neck out for me. Why throw us under the bus with everyone else?

His whole argument was baffling. It’s not like I could go back and take Eiley out of the deck of cards. What was done, was already done and seen by every fan in Sin City Wrestling. There were even more problems if he was expecting some kind of apology. First, I wasn’t sorry. And second, even if I was, I didn’t actually owe him anything.

COURT: So it is “us” now? I don’t recall mentioning your name at all.

He shrugged that sentiment off immediately.

OZ: We’re a team, so it comes with the territory.

I was tired of playing this game. I had attempted to just weather the storm until the car arrived, but he was determined to push my buttons. If he really wanted to know what I thought, I was willing to tell him.

COURT: ...and if the card would have come up with her name on it, what would have happened to that team, huh? You think she would really care about Limitless if she had the chance to rise to the very top of the card? Are you sure you aren’t just mad that I may have put that idea in her head, and she might leap at the opportunity to leave you behind?

I hoped that the words might have cut deep enough to get him to walk away from the conversation. I expected that at the very least they would elicit some kind of frustration. However, he simple shook his head and cut right through the words in a disappointed tone.

OZ: I think the only reason that you would do that is to try and take her out and break her confidence before she was ready for that kind of thing. I think if you goaded her into a match it would be all because you're jealous that Mikah didn’t pay you more attention back in the day. I think you added her to your shitty little stunt to get one over on her even though she’s never actually done shit to you, and I thought you were better than that, ya know?

Luckily, just as he finished, a notification on my phone went off, which was quickly followed up by a car rolling up in front of us. Relieved, I turned to him and did my best to mimic the shrug he gave me earlier.

COURT: I guess you you were wrong.

He was amping himself up to say more, but I opened the door to the car and didn’t even look back. I told the driver to take me to the airport, and closed the door behind me without so much as looking back.

>

Attention
LBC - Court’s House
14 AUGUST 2023
OFF-Camera

The whole thing had been a disaster. I watched Climax Control back just to see that before I ever even named Ariana the challenger, she was already talking down about herself. Instead of jumping at the chance to prove herself, her first response to the news was a simple, “no”. Instead of wanting to seize this opportunity and do better than she did against Roxi, she thought the whole thing had to be some kind of mistake. I had been aiming to inspire some kind of fight in her, and instead she was running away. I may have named the person that I would be stepping into the ring with at Violent Conduct, but I didn’t really have a challenger. Somehow out of the list of embarrassments that I was given, I had successfully picked the only coward.

I never expected that any Bombshell on the roster would ever want to run and hide from this opportunity. Back when Amber was champion, everyone that stepped in the ring with her knew that they were going to lose. That didn’t stop any of them from stepping up to the challenge. It certainly hadn’t stopped me. When Mark and Christian surprised me with the chance to dethrone Roxi, I didn’t tell them that I didn’t deserve it. I didn’t call it out as a mistake. I stepped up and took what should have been mine several years ago. Why wasn’t Ariana doing the same thing? I couldn’t wrap my head around how she had taken the news?

RUBY: Have you seen Ariana’s post from this morning?

I was so zoned out in my own thoughts that I hadn’t noticed her come into the room. I shook away my daze to see that the end cap of Climax Control was still frozen on the screen in front of me. I couldn’t have honestly answered how long I had been sitting there. I had been avoiding social media for the morning, so I hadn’t seen what she was talking about, but could imagine the content.

COURT: Whatever. I don’t care. She can cry her way through the next couple of weeks then.

I could tell that she wasn’t satisfied with that answer. Truth be told, while everyone else seemed to be hating me more and more every week, the two of us hadn’t ever been more on the same page. She wasn’t part of Sin City anymore, and didn’t get to come with me on the tours because of what happened last time she was in the ring, but that never drove a wedge in between us. She knew that I was finally getting my time in the spotlight, and how important that was to me.

RUBY: I honestly never thought that I would see someone run away from hitting the lottery, but that’s exactly what it feels like. She should be psyched that you are offering her a shortcut to the main event.

The whole situation had drained any enthusiasm that I had for showing up at Violent Conduct. I figured that I had built up enough good will as champion to skip some of the events. After all, they owed me for playing nice with all of the fans on the boat for Summer XXXtreme. I would just show up, knock out another defense real quick, and head back home. There was no need to get excited or put in a whole lot of effort when Ariana falling on her face is a foregone conclusion.

COURT: You would think….

I was just looking forward to getting it over with at this point.

RUBY: ....somehow you still make it sound like this is a bad thing for you. She is clearly afraid of you or something. That means you are basically guaranteed to walk away with the Bombshell Championship. You get to keep it. You get another defense, and you didn’t even have to try hard.

I couldn’t disagree with all of the positives. It was awesome that I wasn’t going to spend the next week and a half worrying about whether or not my reign as champion was going to end before it really got a chance to get started. I wasn’t going to lose sleep. I wasn’t going to get hurt by pushing myself too hard at the gym. But since there was no risk, there was no fire; no passion.

COURT: ....yeah. On paper it is an easy day’s work. It just…

I couldn’t find the right word to sum it all up succinctly.

RUBY: Boring?

It felt like a harsh way to describe a Bombshell Championship match at a Supercard, but she wasn’t wrong.

COURT: I was hoping for a match that people were actually going to want to watch. That was the whole point of not picking from the list of disappointments they put in front of me. If I actively chose any of them, whoever it was would have been lackluster.

Ruby nodded in agreement, and even went a step further in an attempt to make me feel better about the choice I made.

RUBY: Well, they didn’t really give you a whole lot to work with.

Since I couldn’t come up with a solution on my own, I just started saying all of the thoughts that I had been lost in out loud. Maybe Ruby could make sense of all of it.

COURT: I thought making it random would make Ariana feel like maybe it was destined to happen. She would get to work and feel like it was her time to shine. I thought that of the group, she would be the one to make it interesting.

She frowned, and seemed to finally grasp why I was feeling so let down by the whole situation.

RUBY: ...and instead it looks like you broke her without even laying a hand on her. That alone takes talent.

She tried to put a positive spin on it, but that didn’t change that I really didn’t have a challenger. The nacho and bathroom lines were set to be packed while the top championship in the Bombshell division was being defended, and that was a problem.

COURT: Yeah well, it doesn’t make me look all that great when I am beating up on someone that isn’t fighting back.

Ruby shrugged as if that really wasn’t a problem, and offered another simple answer.

RUBY: Then make her fight back.

That was much easier said than done apparently. Down in the ring, I had done my best to make it seem like I was excited about stepping in the ring with her, but so far she hadn’t capitalized on any of that.

COURT: I tried. Apparently my whole spiel wasn’t inspiring.

Ruby shook her head. Clearly I had misunderstood her meaning. The smile on her face widened, and she gave me a playful nudge with her shoulder.

RUBY: Well, how far has flattery ever gotten you in life? You went out and tried to build her up, and that didn’t work. You gave her the opportunity of a lifetime, and she wasn’t grateful. People can block out all of the positive shit, and write it off. That’s why that little pep talk she got from Carter didn’t work. It’s on you to go give her some real motivation.

I shook my head. That was the problem. Nothing that I was doing was working, and if she was content to just bury her head in the sand until Violent Conduct, there was nothing that I could do to stop her.

COURT: I am not sure that can be done.

Ruby hadn’t even considered that for a second. Not only did she definitely believe that it could be done, she wasn’t going to accept any of my excuses for not trying anymore.

RUBY: Sure it can. Mikah and Kris used to do it to you all the time. If you want her attention for real, run to social media and piss her off.

I shrugged. Kris and Mikah used to torture me in person at Jet City South. Shutting them out was never as simple as staying away from social media until bell time for a match.

COURT: She’s avoiding me.

That didn’t seem to be an obstacle for Ruby either, and I shouldn’t have been surprised. Somehow, she had become one of the most hated members of the roster through her use of social media to irritate people.

RUBY: Then do something she can’t avoid. Take it out on her partner. Go put yourself in front of an SCW camera and put her on blast.

Maybe she was right. Maybe if I ratcheted up the pressure early enough, I could do something to save this match and make it something worth watching. It certainly couldn’t hurt to try, and venting all of my disappointment at a camera was going to be much better than bottling it up and wallowing in it all week.

COURT: ....I can’t believe people actually think you’re dumb.

She gave me a small smile and a kiss on the top of my head before getting up and heading out of the room.

RUBY: People can think whatever they want. They’re allowed to be wrong.

She was right. They were, but not Ariana. Her first impression had been bad, but if I really wanted to change that, I was going to have to go draw it out of her.

>COURTside: So Fucking Disappointing

The scene opens with a spotlight shining down on a gray and black backdrop. From the shadow behind where the light shines down, the Bombshell Champion takes a step forward. The Bombshell Championship sparkles on her shoulder when she steps into view, and the bright light clashes with the streaks of eyeliner running down her face. Court’s eyes are wide, but the rest of her face is twisted into a scowl as she takes a deep breath and prepares to unleash all of her frustration at the camera.

”I almost wish that Carter was a woman instead of a power bottom, because this whole thing would have been a whole lot easier if he were my opponent….”

It isn’t meant so much as a compliment to Carter as much as it was supposed to be insulting to her opponent, and his partner.

”I mean he is the one doing all of the heavy lifting for Ariana this week. While she was busy cowering in fear, and crying into her pillow, he was the one trying to give her a pep talk. When I started taking shots at her, he was the one that frantically ran to her defense. When I said that Ariana was a disappointment, it was Carter that started throwing their accomplishments in my face in an attempt to cut me down. It was Carter that started going through my career with a fine-toothed comb and picking out the shots that he could take at me. If I didn’t know any better, I would think that he was angling for a shot at hopping to the Bombshell division. If he did, he’d probably have an easier time actually getting on the card when the big stages come around. Then again, if he had a match of his own to think about, he probably wouldn’t have had time to protect his partner from me on social media. Carter would have probably been at the gym, or celebrating finally seeing his name on a super card the day it was released.”

At first she laughs, but the joy on her face only lasts for a moment. She cuts it off in an instant, and the intensity returns to her expression.

”...but that is not how things went. Carter doesn’t have anything better to do, so he spent the day making sure that I knew that his tag team partner wasn’t a disappointment like I said that she was.”

The Bombshell Champion rolls her eyes as a clear indication of how well that worked out for him.

”I mean, it didn’t work. He sure did put in a valiant effort though. The problem was, it was hard to take him seriously. The guy was bragging about their past championships from the defunct underbrand of this company like it wasn’t super fucking cringey. When are people going to learn that if your company can’t last, their titles never meant shit? And I know that Underground was technically under the Sin City umbrella, but the shit that they did down there regularly wouldn’t have been good enough to make it on the Climax Control card. The stars that they had holding their championships would have been left off the shows on the main roster. Need proof? Carter is literally living it.”

”....and so is his tag team partner, my opponent, and number one contender to MY Bombshell Championship, Ariana Angelos. I mean, they were successful tag champions down in the minor leagues, but they couldn’t even manage to be one of the handful of teams to qualify for a shot at the real deal. Carter even got handed a shot at the top championship just a couple of weeks ago by the golden boy himself. J2H wiped the floor with him exactly like I am going to do to his partner, and exactly like Roxi did once before.”

The Champion still visibly winces when she says the name of the woman she beat for the championship. Something in the lead up to that match had gotten deep under Court’s skin, and she still hadn’t managed to shake that off.

”Unlike Roxi though, I am not going to be flattering Ariana by saying that I think that maybe one day she will be able to rise up to the position that I am in. Even if I believed that back when the card showed her name, that feeling has been gone for a couple of days now. Ariana showed me, and showed the world, who she really was the moment that she ran away from this match. Her first impression as the number one contender was to say that there must have been some kind of mistake. Instead of deciding to bring the fight to the champion, she decided she wanted to go bury her head in the sand. Instead of being excited to be taking part in the Bombshell main event of Violent Conduct, she was saying that she wasn’t ready and that the match should go to someone else....”

Court takes a second to consider whether or not Ariana might have been right, but appears to be more disappointed than anything. It takes a moment, but she shakes her head and rejects that idea in a flurry of emotion.

”You know what? No. Fuck that!”

She takes another step forward, and with the light now behind her, shadows move between the streaks of makeup on her cheeks with each word out of her mouth.

”If Ariana doesn’t want this match, not only should she not get it, she shouldn’t be in this company. If she doesn’t wake up thinking about how she is going to be the Bombshell Champion, then she shouldn’t be collecting a goddamn paycheck in this division. Nobody should ever want a match like this to go to someone else. They should never be sitting in the back with their fingers crossed that they get passed over. Nobody should be cheering about being forced to sit on the sidelines. I mean, look at her fucking partner for Christ’s sake. He would have been forced to sit out at Summer XXXtreme if he hadn’t bitched and complained until Jaycee stepped up to the plate. He wasn’t booked this time around, and was actively complaining about it when I started in on him. Then you have this make-pretend Bombshell saying that she wishes she was passed over? I can see why she started out in the Underground instead of coming to the big girl roster right from the start.”

”Not everyone is cut out to carry the biggest prize in this company, but I know for a fact that the ones that do know it from the very beginning. That is why people like me come into this company and make a big splash at Blast from the Past. I did it. My wife did it. Look at where I am now! I did the thing that nobody thought that I was going to be able to do. I did the thing that everyone thought I would fail at. I have become the champion that this company has deserved for too long. I was labeled the future of the Bombshell Division, and not even that was good enough for me. I went out for the main event of Climax Control and became the fucking PRESENT. That is what you are supposed to do when this company presents you with an opportunity. That is what it takes to not only make it to the top of this company, but to stay there, and rest assured that I plan to stay here for a very, very long time.”

”Ariana? That I am not so sure about. She certainly isn’t GOing anywhere in this company. She’s not GOing to be the new Bombshell Champion.”

Rearview Champion
Yucatan, México  - Chablé Yucatán
16th AUGUST 2023
OFF-Camera

Ruby’s plan had worked flawlessly. It had taken a few days, but finally the Bombshell Championship match was starting to look like something that was going to be able to keep everyone engaged. Ariana was finally willing to step up and fight back after I really went hard at Carter. I could tell that she was a little out of her element, but it felt like she could really get her shit together over the next week. Ruby warned me that I may have created a monster, and that inspiring Ariana to bring the fight to me always had the chance to blow up in my face, but that was a chance that I was willing to take. When I think of the greatest Bombshell Champions in this company, I don’t think of the ones that held the belt during the lean times. I don’t think of The Mean Girls manipulating things to be on top.

I think of the times that Crystal and Mikah, or Alicia and Amber dominated each and every bombshell that had the audacity to try and unseat them from the throne. I think about how those women forced each bombshell to throw their best shots, and still managed to walk away victorious. If I wanted to be better than all of them, I needed to create that same environment, and then set the bar even higher than they did. Ariana actually fighting back was a step in the right direction. It snapped me out of being lazy and wanting to skip the events. It made me move up my flight, and find somewhere nicer to stay. If the Bombshell Championship match was destined to be a fight after all, then I was going to treat Violent Conduct like the grand event that it deserved to be. After all, that was my job as the top champion in my division, and soon to be the greatest of all time.

And maybe I had gone a little overboard. Dropping a thousand dollars a night to really treat myself to the best of everything was probably a little overly extravagant. However, the gym that they had was second to none and the wellness programs they offered were going to have my best self walking down the aisle in just over a week. I also knew that there was a limited chance of being bombarded by fans or co-workers if I was pricing them out of my personal space. It all seemed like a win-win situation, right up until it wasn’t. I was on my way back to my residence after working out, and saw the kids first. KJ and Myles had teamed up against the middle child. Lindsey never stood a chance when the two boys were actually getting along. They were chasing her across the grass, and once she saw me her eyes lit up and she ran right at me. While she hid behind me, the boys tried to go around, it didn't take much effort to lift the two of them into the air and pin them to my sides. They kicked and fought but couldn’t escape, which gave Lindsey more than enough time to flee back into the villa they were staying in. When I put them down, I got harsh looks from the two of them before they both ran off towards the house to find her. I knew that if they were out here playing this openly, then the adults responsible for them couldn’t be very far behind.

KRIS: I bet you’re feeling real proud of yourself, aren’t you?

I heard him before I saw him, but I knew there was no way he was talking about how I saved his daughter from her two siblings. Kris only ever had one focus, and that was what happened in Sin City.

COURT: No, but I figured you’d be proud of me. Pissing Ariana off is a page out of your book, not mine.

He sighed, and shook his head to disagree with me.

KRIS: You think so? Because it feels like yet another page out of your biography.

I gave up. When I don't do enough he is upset with me. When I do too much, I don't do it the right way. If I say yes, the answer is no. There was no pleasing him, and I didnt even necessarily need his approval

COURT: You’ve lost me.

He laughed. It wouldn't have been surprising to anyone that he was taking joy in my confusion.

KRIS: I mean, I get that you like yourself but this whole championship reign has been a little masturbatory, has it not? I was okay with you going out there and stroking your ego the first couple of weeks out of the box but it is getting old now.

There was apparently a whole lot of context to this conversation that I was missing. It was like I stumbled into a conversation that he had been having with himself about me. The only thing I could do was go on the offensive myself.

COURT: You’re one to talk! Somehow you’re not in the company and yet somehow always find a way to make everything about you.

He didn't react to the sudden change in my attitude or voice. Instead, he deflected focus back to me with a simple shrug.

KRIS: This isn’t about me, it’s about you.

Fine, if he was determined to talk about my opponent, so be it. That doesn't mean that I had to play along. If hostility wasn't working, I could just plead ignorance.

COURT: I’m just knocking down the pins that they set up.

He laughed in my face a second time. I was starting to wonder why I never just walk away from these conversations with him. It never does me any good to hear him out.

KRIS: That’s a good lie. Do you actually believe that?

I hated how every word out of his mouth was condescending. The fact that he went days without causing fights with his words was genuinely surprising.

COURT: I didn’t even pick Ariana! Ho---

He shut that down before I even got the lie out of my mouth, and of course he knew. If Oz had been quick enough to confront me about it in real time, obviously Kris could spot it on a replay once he could pause the frame for a closer look.

KRIS: You clearly rigged the cards, and even if you didn’t, you definitely picked Keira, didn’t you? She didn’t even want a shot at the title and you handed her one for no reason. Sure, you blamed it on your wife, but was she actually saved from anything?

Ruby may have fallen victim in a different attack, but that didn't change the fact that Keira stepped in the first time.

COURT: I was just tr---

He cut me off again. He wasn't going to let me interrupt the narrative he was weaving.

KRIS: Again, no. It looks like maybe you’re just meandering through this, but I know you. You forget, I have been around since before you could hold your own in that ring, and unlike everyone else, I have been paying attention from the start.

That was up for debate. If he and Mikah had been as hands on years ago like they are with Eiley and Oz, we probably wouldn't be having this discussion.

COURT: So you knew that I would eventually be the Bombshell Champion before very many people even knew my name. Congratulations.

He nodded, which caught me off guard. I had expected the opposite, and when he didn't shoot down my argument, I was at a loss for words.

KRIS: I did. And I also remember how when you got your first shot at it you weren’t ready and Amber Ryan crushed you in front of the world.

There it was. That was the series of words that I was hoping never to hear. I had gotten this far without any of my opponents mentioning it. I felt like maybe that was a loss that was lost to time.

KRIS: Speechless? Yeah. I thought you might be. I remember the time that you cashed in your 2018 Blast from the Past shot, and failed. I remember how that left you broken, and how you disappeared again. I thought that maybe when they announced that big match with Roxi, there was going to be a chance that you stood up and did what was right…

That would have been stupid. Nobody would piss away the opportunity of a lifetime just to stand on some moral high ground.

COURT: ...I’m not Mercedes. It is not my job to keep up with all of the matches that people have forgotten over the years.

He wasn't going to let it slide though.

KRIS: You got a match you really didn’t deserve, and then you beat the bombshell that has always been the face of the company.

I didn't see how that was a bad thing. He was essentially talking down to me for succeeding in doing the one thing every Bombshell in the company dreams about.

COURT: I rose to the occasion.

He shook his head again.

KRIS: ...you stole the match that was supposed to belong to the Blast from the Past winner… just like Crystal did to you.

I tried to stop it from happening, but I knew that he could see the smile forming on my lips. There was no amount of playing stupid, or fighting his words that was going to work. When he said he knew me, he wasn't lying. He really had seen through it all, so the only thing I could do now was own it./i]

COURT: Feels like they should stop letting that happen…

He still wasn't done though.

KRIS: ...and then you used the flimsiest logic to challenge the half of Team Hero that you actually identified more closely with as a fan. I guess it also helped that it was right in the middle of everyone targeting Ruby for not being able to keep up with you. Is that not the same thing that Keira and Roxi have had to deal with their whole careers?

I shrugged, not even trying to bury the smile on my face anymore.

COURT: History repeats itself I guess.

I was hoping it would end there, but Kris hadn't even gotten to his point yet. All of these things were just ramping up to how he was going to tell me that Ariana was the wrong choice.

KRIS: It certainly does. Ariana got her chance against Roxi a while back, and Roxi had the audacity to tell her that maybe one day she could be champion, but she wasn’t ready yet. Correct me if I am wrong, but that is the same thing the Roxi said to you that hurt your feelings, right?

I shrugged, trying to be every bit as condescending as he was being.

COURT: She was wrong.

And we had finally arrived at what he had been trying to get to the whole time.

KRIS: Just like Amber was wrong back when she beat you, and all you needed was a second chance. You got your second chance and you beat someone that everyone said you couldn’t. You won a championship everyone said you weren’t ready to hold. You did the thing nobody thought you could do.

When he put it like that, with all of the stops along the way, I could see why he was saying the whole scenario was just me patting myself on the back, albeit in more colorful language. The problem was, I didn't see how any of it was a bad thing.

COURT: Ariana doesn’t also deserve that chance?

He thought about that one for a minute without saying anything. For once, it felt like he was actually considering something that I said. It was nice to feel seen for once.

KRIS: It’s not about her. It’s about you. You’ll never be one of the all-time greats if you are wasting so much time reliving all of the shit that is behind you already.

He looked over at me, and for the first time I could kind of see his point. I was already playing through all of my greatest hits instead of doing anything new. If I wanted to be one of the greats, I couldn't afford to just retread my own path. Luckily there was still a week before Violent Conduct.

Offline Ariana Angelos

• View Profile
“The Underdog Bites Back!”
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2023, 08:28:52 AM »
(Roxi was used with her handler’s permission)

Violent Conduct was finally here and Ariana’s second shot at the World Bombshell Title was right around the corner! However saying that the feel heading into the match against Courtney Pierce was different from the feel heading into the match against Roxi from the last International Tour was putting it mildly as whilst Ariana had great respect for Roxi as a direct result of Roxi being her wrestling idol growing up, none of that respect was present between Courtney and Ariana! Can Ariana win her first world title?

Ariana and Francisco’s hotel room, a town in Yucatan, Mexico
Monday the 21st of August 2023, 11:00am

You ever get a feel of de ja vue?

What do I mean by that? The last time SCW did an international tour I closed it out as the challenger for the World Bombshell Championship which, at the time, was held by Roxi Johnson, as frustrated as I got during the second week of the Into the Void buildup I can’t really deny that I learned a lot from my match against Roxi even in defeat! Well, I feel like the same thing is happening this time around, I’m once again the challenger for the World Bombshell Championship albeit this time it’s being held by the woman who dethroned Roxi and fought off Keira.

I think I’ve mentioned it enough times that Team Hero were, well, my heroes when I was a burgeoning wrestling fan, heck the title match between me and Roxi at Into the Void was a literal dream match! So once I got my confidence back after having it thoroughly beaten down by not just the awful Summer XXXTreme cycle but having any momentum gained from Team Go’s win over the Barnharts in Rome being thrown out the preverbal window by Kayla Richards I entered my first promo with one simple mindset:

I was going to avenge Team Hero!

It made sense at the time, Roxi was taking on the impressive newcomer Julia DiMaria and Keira was dealing with Krystal/Sin for, hopefully, the last time, but then I woke up this morning to find a notification on my Twitter account.

No I don’t care what Elon Mush rebranded it as, it’s still Twitter to me!

”I just barely miss breakfast this morning and Roxi’s criticising my approach to the match with Courtney.” I sighed as I read the tweet where Roxi mentioned me, as you can probably guess from that last statement, I didn’t get a chance to check my Twitter feed after I woke up because I slept in that morning and would’ve missed breakfast if not for Francisco practically dragging me out of bed. ”Well, at least this week is off to a better start than the week before my title match against her.”

”It probably helps that I told you not to watch Courtney’s promo until after your second one aired, let’s be honest we don’t want a repeat of Into the Void and Courtney is not nearly as nice as Roxi.” Francisco pointed out that fact that and I turned to my husband before nodding in agreement, so much had happened since I challenged Roxi for the title in London and getting married to Franky was definitely a highlight, as for the lowlights? I think I’ve gone over those enough already! ”What exactly did Roxi say anyway?”

”She said that this is my moment and that I shouldn’t be fighting for Team Hero, she didn’t mention Devona but I think it’s safe to say that the same principle applies to her and the other Go Gym Graduates not named Krystal.” I explained after getting the tweet up, I then copied the link and opened up messenger. ”You know what? Why don’t you read it for yourself, I’m sending you the link via your Twitter Page now.”

”I got it.” Francisco responded as he opened the link, as he read through it though he paused. ”Last year you were making your Violent Conduct debut as one of Melissa’s two challengers for the Bombshell Roulette Title alongside Georgie Robertson, now your challenging for the top title in the Bombshell Division and if you do dethrone Courtney then she won’t be able to claim a tainted win because you pinned the other person in the match.”

”Because the only other person in the match will be the ref and if I hit them with the Angel’s Descent then I’ll either be disqualified or the bosses will have to send another ref out.” I nodded in response as I got the idea before turning to Francisco. ”There are other differences that I’m thankful for, Lazarus faded from the public view after Carter broke up with him, Amer Ryan and Masque aren’t around anymore, as much as I respect Amber as a wrestler she’s definitely a woman I never want to wrestle again, same goes for Masque, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg, but am I really that different from how I was during that India tour?” I asked as I brushed some hair over my shoulder and Francisco nodded.

”But look at how far you’ve come, your luck’s been rotten but the bosses like you enough to give you these opportunities, you just haven’t been able to take them like you did against Melissa and Georgie.” Francisco assured me and I grinned in response. ”Hell, before Courtney finally dethroned Roxi you came the closest, I remember you wondering how you would’ve done against Courtney in Roxi’s place.”

”You mean when I took on Keira literally right after Courtney dethroned Roxi?” I asked and Francisco nodded.  ”I persuaded Carter to put off our Mixed Tag Team Qualifier so I could get that match, it may have coincided with his birthday but I can’t help but wonder if we would’ve done any better against either of the teams that wrestled that week instead of Kim and Peter.” I sighed as I shook my head. ”And now I remember how bad the Summer XXXTreme Cycle went for me this year.”

”I’m sorry Ari, didn’t want to remind you of a bad memory.” Francisco apologized and I gave him an appreciative nod. ”But you see what I mean by how far you’ve come right?”

”I guess so, I haven’t even been considered as a challenger in the Bombshell Roulette Division since I lost the title to Crystal Hilton and since then my time has been split between the Bombshell Internet, World and Tag Team Divisions.” I added as I leaned back in my chair. ”It almost feels like I’ve gone from a promising young Bombshell to a title division nomad, can’t even say that I’ve joined the ranks of the perpetual challengers because I haven’t challenged for either the Internet or World Bombshell Titles frequently enough as of this coming Sunday.”

”But if anything that just proves my point, your Bombshell Roulette Title reign did a lot to improve your stock in SCW, and pretty much the only person questioning your presence in the Main Event is, well, The Troll and he’s an idiot.” Francisco pointed out and I quickly nodded in agreement before I thought of something, "Something on your mind?”

”A few things really, do we know for certain that Roxi’s in Yucatan?” I asked and Francisco could only shrug his shoulders in response. ”I want to meet up with her, I met up with Keira last week so maybe she can help?”

”I suppose it couldn’t hurt, and looking at the tweet you sent me? She does bring up some good points, I have to admit, not saying this because I train at Hero Academy either.” Francisco admitted as he looked at the tweet and I set about sending Roxi a message to see if she was around so we could meet up, thankfully the answer was yes. ”Going to the woman you challenged for the World Bombshell Title in May for advice on your current World Bombshell Title Match is definitely a strange feeling, isn’t it?”

”Maybe, maybe not.” I responded before Roxi sent me a meetup location. ”At least Roxi picked a spot close to the hotel, let’s go.” I added and Francisco nodded before we left our hotel room.

Had I really been going about this all wrong? There was only one way to find out and that was to get advice from a woman who debuted for SCW when I was barely a teenager, fitting isn’t it? And who knows? Maybe it’ll be enough?

Walking through town, Yucatan, Mexico
Monday the 21st of August 2023, 12:00pm

If you had told me this would be happening to adult me back when I was a teenager, well I’d tell you to throw it in with the rest of the crazy stuff that’s happened to me since my Bombshell Roulette Title reign ended in January.

But still, coming up to Roxi Johnson and then being told to walk and talk with her? If my inner Team Hero fangirl wasn’t giddy (somehow) at the prospect of living the dream of challenging Roxi for the World Bombshell Title on PPV then she was giddy at the prospect of getting to pick her heroes mind before a huge match.

But that was just the problem, Roxi (and Keira off course) were my heroes, they had been since my wrestling fandom started all those years ago, but one thing was at the back of my mind.

”Annnnnnd that’s all the venting about my rotten luck since Into the Void out of my system.” I admitted with a sigh as I brushed some hair over my shoulder, yeah I wasn’t going to put you guys through that again, you’ve heard me complain about that god knows how many times since the cycle began. ”It took me getting some tough love from Carter whilst Miles played Good Cop to finally get me out of my emotional rut, but now I’m back to questioning myself all over again thanks to your tweet.”

“Sometimes best friends have to give each other tough love, and as playful as Carter can be? I know he’s more than up to the challenge.” Roxi nodded in response as I walked alongside her, we were the same height at 5ft 6 which off course meant that we were taller than most women but given the years of experience Roxi had over me? It felt like she was much, much taller than I was. “I know you meant well Ari but what I said was true, going into a World Bombshell Title Match, or any title match for that matter, is asking for trouble.”

”My thought process was that since Courtney had disrespected you and Keira, not to mention Devona but she hasn’t been seen since Summer XXXTreme and you didn’t bring her up either, was that I could fight for your honour whilst Team Hero dealt with its own battles.” I admitted as I shook my head before sighing. ”I was feeling good about that too until I saw your tweet this morning.”

“At least you didn’t take it so hard this time, right?” Roxi asked me and I quickly nodded in agreement, yeah I was seriously regretting flying off the handle like that in my second promo against Roxi. “But you can’t fight for others forever, you have to fight for yourself once in a while and that goes double for World Bombshell Title Matches.”

”I see your point but where do I go from here?” I asked as I brushed some hair behind my ear. ”I haven’t even watched Cortney’s promo yet, I wanted to avoid repeating the same mistakes I made against you.”

“At least you acknowledge where you went wrong.” Roxi nodded in response as she turned to me and I stopped in my tracks. “Courtney’s always been an arrogant woman, but since she ended my reign her arrogance has gone though the roof, use that against her.”

”By saying that her arrogance will cost Courtney the title?” I asked and Roxi nodded to confirm that that was what she meant. ”I mean, I won my first singles title last year when I dethroned Melissa to win the title, do you really think I can repeat history by winning my first World Title?”

“You have the talent to do it, you just need to believe in yourself more.” Roxi reassured me and I grinned in response, honestly? I was regretting not talking to my fellow wrestlers about my building frustrations over the past few weeks instead of using the last few Climax Controls to vent them. “Gabriel wouldn’t have taken you in if he didn’t see the potential you have Ari, you have to remember that as your wrestling career suffers its ups and downs and trust me, you’ll get a lot of ups and downs when you get to my age and experience level.”

”Doesn’t that kinda go without saying though?” I asked Roxi and she gave me a curious look. ”No one ever said that wrestling is a dangerous sport, they used to say that it isn’t ballet until the world realized just how tough ballet dangers have it, but since our title match it feels like I’ve had a lot more downs than ups.”

“Losing streaks are an unfortunate part of being a wrestler, it’s how you come back from them that matters.” Roxi responded as she shook her head and I nodded in agreement. “Krystal came back from a six month losing streak and went on to have a record shattering Roulette Title reign, this is your chance to possibly repeat what Krystal did.”

”If I do have a Krystal type reign with the World Bombshell Title can I at least have a better ending than Krystal’s did?” I asked with a sheepish grin as I ran a hand through my hair. ”The story behind Krystal’s last title defence ate away at her for the rest of 2022, that and the revival of Sin was what lead us to this current situation. And it’s one that I’m in no hurry to emulate.”

“First of all? Good, at least your learning from her mistakes.” Roxi responded and I nodded in agreement. “Second? I doubt the Bombshell Roster wants a repeat of what happened to Krystal, even the bitchier members will check in on you.” Roxi added before I felt my stomach rumble. “Did you eat breakfast?”

”I barely got down to the hotel restaurant in time because I slept in this morning but yeah, I had breakfast.” I nodded in response as I placed a hand over my rumbling tummy. ”I guess it is coming up to lunch though.”

“Come on, I know a good place to get some grub.” Roxi responded before leading me to a nearby restaurant.

Nearby restaurant, a town in Yucatan, Mexico
Monday the 21st of August 2023, 12:30pm

I’ll admit, I never really tried authentic Mexican cuisine before, I know Greek cuisine (obviously given my Greek heritage and all), I know American cuisine, but the closest I got to Mexican cuisine was Tex-Mex and that’s not really the real thing, is it?

So yeah, calling the past week or so that I’ve spent in Mexico an education in another country’s cuisine is about as accurate a description that you can get, the fact that I’m enjoying this meal opposite a woman I grew up idolizing isn’t lost on me either.

”Man that was so good.” I commented after polishing off my meal and Roxi nodded in agreement as she finished her meal, I was expecting the food to be a lot spicier based on everything I had heard about Mexican cuisine but whilst the spice was there? It wasn’t painfully spicy which suited my basic white girl spice tolerance levels just fine! ”Are you sure about covering the meal? I can pay for it.”

“I’m sure, and after the rough time you’ve had since our title match? You need to treat yourself Ari.” Roxi assured me and I grinned in response, though I wasn’t exactly happy about being reminded of my cycle long losing streak or the fact that my one qin since the match against Roxi was secured by Carter. “How does this compare to the build up to our title match? Just wondering.”

”Kinda similar honestly, Gabriel made the trip out to London so he could treat me to a meal at one of London’s best Greek restaurants for one thing.” I responded with a shrug before taking a sip of my drink. ”Being Greek American, I have high standards when it comes to Greek Restaurants outside of Greece but the food was really good! And getting to spend time with my mentor in the middle of the whole Krystal saga didn’t hurt either.”

“Gabriel’s a good man and a fantastic trainer, wrestlers like you, Fenris, Devona, Carter, Krystal, London Underground and Tempest are testimony to that fact.” Roxi pointed out and I quickly nodded in agreement, I may have been the youngest Go Gym Graduate currently wrestling but that didn’t mean that I wasn’t in good company. “But would you have trained at Hero Academy if me and Keira had opened the school four years ago?”

”All due respect to Gabriel and Odette? I wouldn’t have thought twice about it.” I admitted with a shrug of my shoulders and Roxi nodded as she got the idea. ”It was their training that turned me into the wrestler I am today, but I’ve seen what you’ve done with Harper and Cass, two girls who are around the same age I was when I graduated from the Go Gym, they won their first titles within months of their graduation, not unlike me and Carter with SCU’s Pride Tag Titles, I’ll admit, I have been wondering if I would’ve won my first singles title sooner if I had been trained by you and Keira instead.”

“Hard to say, me and Keira have tried to train our students to the same standard as the Go Gym and we’ve only had two graduates who have done anything with their talents.” Roxi responded and I nodded in response before I took a sip of my drink. “We do get fans that want to be trained by their favourite wrestlers but we don’t treat them any different from the other trainees, you would’ve been no different.”

”Makes sense, no trainer worth their salt wants to appear biased towards a student of theirs, especially if said student isn’t even old enough to drink yet.” I responded with a nod and it didn’t take Roxi long to realize what I was implying. ”Being a mother yourself, you must realize what I’m talking about.”

“Even if I wasn’t raising Nate with Keira, the meaning would’ve been clear.” Roxi nodded in response and I swiftly decided to change the topic before things got too awkward.

”So, do you think I have a chance at dethroning Courtney?” I asked Roxi and she nodded without hesitation. ”She’s been on a roll since she ended your reign and like I said during my first promo, she’s done something I couldn’t, she’s beaten both members of Team Hero and Devona, do I need to point out how much the deck is stacked against me heading into this Main Event?”

“It takes pressure to make a diamond Ari, and you’ve been under a lot of pressure since our title match.” Roxi assured me and I nodded in response. “you just have to grab this opportunity whilst you can.”

”I can at least try, thanks Roxi.” I responded before Roxi paid the bill and we left the restaurant to head back to the hotel.

Chitchen Iza, Yucatan, Mexico
Tuesday the 22nd of August 2023, 17:00pm

*promo time*

This is it.

”I guess there is something to be said about backseat promoting or whatever you’d call Roxi’s tweet, but she did have a point, I was going about this World Bombshell Title Match against Courtney all wrong.” I admitted with a shrug as I wondered around the wonder. ”I thought I was doing the right thing by entering this match with the mindset that I was going to avenge Team Hero, but Roxi put it best, I can’t make this about anyone but myself! This is my moment! This may be my second chance at the World Bombshell Title this year but I have to embrace it if I want to become the latest in a long line of Go Gym Graduates to win the World Title for my division.”

But can I?

”I’m not about to deny that Courtney’s a fantastic wrestler, you don’t beat Devona, Keira and Roxi without some talent, I should know, I’ve faced those women and failed to beat all three.” I stated as I folded my arms with a thoughtful look on my face. ”But if I can’t avenge my heroes, where does that leave me? It leaves me with one task, the very task I set out to do after Carter and Miles got me out of my rut, to be the youngest World Bombshell Champion to come along in a long time.”

Lofty goal.

”I signed with SCW when I was twenty one, several months later and one month before my twenty second birthday, I won the Bombshell Roulette Title at Violent Conduct VII, now, Violent Conduct IX is happening just under a month removed from my twenty third birthday and I once again find myself in a title match, albeit one with much higher stakes.” I added as I thought back to the moment where I hit the Angels Descent on Georgie to win the gold. ”Will history repeat itself? The Go Gym’s certainly earned its reputation as a school that trains future champions and I’ve already proved that several times over, yet Courtney is ready to dismiss me as a challenger, hell she outright said that she’d prefer it if Carter was a woman because she thinks she’d get a more interesting challenge out of him!”

I don’t think so.

”Look, I love my bestie and I know that he’s a hell of a wrestler in his own right, how he got left off two Supercards in  a row is beyond me, but a more interesting challenger? I know there’s a debate going on about who the better wrestler between me and Carter is but I’m not about to get into that Courtney, all I will say is that you’ve already made a critical mistake.” I added as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”You underestimated me because I didn’t earn this shot, you literally picked me at random from a list that included Julia, Luna, Eiley, Bea, myself, Seleana and Georgie, why don’t you ask Melissa how well that worked out for her last year?”

Go ahead, ask.

”In fact, I’ll save you the trouble Court, she underestimated me and her Roulette Title Reign ended that night, if you’re not careful then the same fate will befall you and the World Bombshell Title!” I added as I brushed some hair behind my ear. ”That’s your major weakness as a wrestler Court, your arrogance! You think the world revolves around you because Fenris nearly broke his back carrying you to the 2018 Blast from the Past Finals so it’s fitting really that your reign gets ended by someone who graduated from the same school as him!”

But enough about the past.

”Look, I think we can all agree that I harped on too much about the past in my first promo, and I don’t want to sound like a broken record either, but by the end of the night? You’ll wish that you had picked Bea Barnhart as your challenger instead Courtney! I mean, Bea might be the joke of the Bombshell Division but she’d still be a better champion than you any day of the week!” I made a mic drop motion with my hand to drive the point home. ”Why do I say that? Partially it’s to bruise your ego, I mean that thing’s so big that it has its own orbit at this point, but at least Bea is respectful towards her opponents both before and after a match!”

There, I said it!

”You called Roxi a disappointment, you blamed Keira for Krystal breaking your wife’s arm and just so we’re clear? I’ve never been a big fan of Ruby as a person but there’s no way in hell that she deserved that! And worst of all? You treated Devona like she was an afterthought after you narrowly beat her to retain your title! I know I said that I was deemphasizing the whole “avenging my heroes” thing after Roxi caught wind of it but I can’t let something like that pass without comment.” I stated as I folded my arms. ”The Roulette Titles may be the bottom of the totem pole in SCW but it was the title where I started to establish myself as someone to keep an eye on, and what’s more? I actually treated my challengers with respect for the most part! The one exception was the woman who ended my reign but let’s be honest, no one wanted to see Crystal Hilton come out of that Open Invitational Match as champion anyway! Well, no one except Crystal herself obviously.”

What separates us.

”As for what I’m getting at Court? We may be young guns vying for the top prize of the Bombshell Division but that’s where the similarities end! I’ve been humble since I graduated from the Go Gym in 2019 and I’ve been striving to better myself since my title reign ended, you’ve been an arrogant bitch since you arrived in SCW and having to wait five years to finally cash in your Blast from the Past win has left you with one hell of a chip on your shoulder, something that you’ve used to turn away everyone who’s stepped up to you!” I added before shaking my head. ”But your time has run out Courtney! Your reign is on life support and I’m about to sign the DNR order for you!”

Meaning?

”And what I mean by that is, I will be the new World Bombshell Champion! Roxi described my first challenge for this title as “preparing me for the next time”, fast forward three months and another International Tour later and that next time is now!” I added as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”And trust me Court, I have every intention of making good on my promise that I will be a future World Bombshell Champion, sure, I’ll have to deal with the Queen for a Day inevitably using her powers to book herself as my first challenger, but let’s look at who is in that match?”

Shall we?

”Mercedes? The only person in that match who I’ve never faced but someone who hasn’t been her old self in years, won’t be a problem for me, Zoey? She at least admitted that that’s her plan for Queen for a Day, I’ll give her credit for that, but I do hold a win over her! Even if it was by count out! Tempest? She’s the only one I’ve never faced one on one but we’ve trained together at the Go Gym, she’d be a tough opponent, that’s all I can say.” I said as I paced around for a bit. ”But that does come with a caveat, I need to beat you first Court, and trust me, I’ve never let readier to grab that brass ring and win the big one!”

But can I?

”I can’t deny that it’s a daunting task, having to defeat someone who has been a dominant champion, throw in the fact that this is my second chance this year at winning the gold? Who’s to say that I’ll get a third chance before the year is over?” I asked bluntly as I shrugged my shoulders. ”My point is? This might be the last chance I get at thus all year, and I plan to make the most of it! And it’s like I said before Court, I know how to take you down, I know I need to use your arrogance against you.”

But will it be enough?

”There’s some doubt in my mind about whether even that will be enough even when combined with my in ring talent and determination but there’s only one way we’ll know for sure Court, and that’s to meet in the ring for the Main Event!” I added as I ran a hand through my hair. ”I know second chances don’t come often, especially in wrestling, but just remember one thing Court: it was your hubris that lead to me getting this second chance, it was you drawing my name from a deck of cards that lead to this match being booked and it was your dismissal of me as a challenger that will be your undoing!”

Your biggest mistake.

”Maybe you could’ve gotten away with it if you had said “screw it, I’m defending my title against Ariana, Julia, Seleana, Bea, Luna, Georgie and Eiley in an Eight Pack Challenge!” and god help the ref who gets assigned to that preverbal match! But no, you went and picked me at random, and then had the gall to tell me that emulating the challengers that came before me would be my undoing?” I asked as I folded my arms. ”I will say this, as I enter this match will be wrestling for all the little girls who, like me, watched SCW with hopes and dreams of being in the Bombshell Division someday, winning the top title will just be validation that dreams can come true, and I didn’t even need to Wish Upon a Star to make happen!”

Funny that.

”Yeah I know that Disney reference was random but I can only blame myself for watching the original Pinocchio on Disney+ last night! How they got away with that donkey transformation scene is beyond me! But in a way it’s appropriate that I bring that up because once I dethrone you Courtney you’ll feel like an ass for being so dismissive of me in the first place!” I stated as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”And you’ll soon learn that, as nice as I am? I don’t suffer fools once the bell rings.”

No, I don’t.

”Just ask anyone who wrestled me during my Bombshell Roulette Title Reign, I often went the extra mile to secure the win in each of my five defences and guess what Court? The same will apply to this match as well.” I said as I folded my arms. ”I’m not denying that I’m the Underdog heading into this match Courtney, but there’s one thing that you need to know, The Underdog Bites Back!”

It’s that simple.

”And in this case? That bite will snatch the World Bombshell Championship from your fingers awarding me the top prize in the Bombshell Division.” I said before I stopped in the centre of the plaza. ”Courtney? No one’s denying that you’ve been a dominant champion but all good things must come to an end! And for your reign as the World Bombshell Champion? Your time is up!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”But for me? My time has only just begun! I will be returning to Vegas as the new World Bombshell Champion Courtney and you can do everything in your power to try to stop me.” I said as grinned broadly before making a belt motion around my waist. ”It won’t work because my destiny won’t be denied! And as you bask in the glory of the Greek Goddesses light Court? You’ll wish that you had literally picked anyone else as your next challenger! See you on Sunday!”

I turned off the camera as the scene fades.

Offline Roux

• View Profile
Re: COURTNEY PIERCE (c) v ARIANA ANGELOS - WORLD BOMBSHELL CHAMPIONSHIP
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2023, 05:03:22 PM »
>

Self-Centered
Yucatan, México  - Chablé Yucatán
21st AUGUST 2023
OFF-Camera

It seemed as if the tables had turned. Last week I was all upset that I was hyping up the match against Ariana while she was doing all that she could to run away from it. Now that she had finally come around, things should have gotten more fun. We were finally on the same page going into Violent Conduct, and the match should be fireworks. Only, I wasn’t into it. I should have been excited, but I wasn’t. I should have been rubbing my championship in the faces of fans at the handful of signings that Sin City had set up in the area, but I wasn’t. I could have been in the gym and working on strategies to neutralize Ariana, but I wasn’t.

RUBY: ....are you not planning on enjoying any of the perks of being in Mexico for a show?

My wife wasn’t even going to get to be at the show after her departure from the company. She wasn’t able to compete even if she was going to be allowed to be in the building. There was realistically no reason that she should be excited for this event.

COURT: What’s the point?

To be honest, I was just ready for the whole thing to be over already. It hadn’t started off well, and I was pretty sure that I already knew how it was going to end. I mean, even Ariana said that she didn’t really have a chance. Why put any effort into what happens in the middle? Although, it didn’t seem that my significant other was on the same page with me at all.

RUBY: Oh come on! This is getting OUTRAGEOUS! Ariana is finally coming out of her shell. You got what you wanted!

She plopped down onto the bed next to me, blocking the view of whatever I had been ignoring on the screen behind her. I shrugged my shoulders, and then pulled up the blankets on the bed, content to just curl into a comfortable little ball and forget that I had work to do this weekend.

COURT: ...I just want to go back to sleep.

She tried to pull the covers away from me, but this was a game that I was experienced with. I wrapped the blanket around my arm and pinned it to my chest. With the cast, there was no way that she was going to be able to wrench it away from me.

RUBY: Is this seriously about what Kris said then? How long do you intend to give that guy this kind of power over you?

She gives up trying to pry the blankets away from me, and gets up from the bed. Instead of attacking me directly, she pulls the cover free from the bottom of the bed, and crawls under it so that she is in my face.

COURT: Was he wrong?

She shakes her head, which just made me want to die. If she was trying to help, this wasn’t it.

RUBY: From his perspective? Never. That’s why you can’t let him get inside your head. If you start playing his game, you’re always going to lose. Didn’t you learn that when you broke your hand five years ago? You’re supposed to be over this already.

That cut pretty deep. I understood where she was coming from though. I thought that leaving Jet City would help me move past this. I thought that I was finally above needing their stamp of approval in order to live my life. It was a nice lie that I had been telling myself. Kris managed to shatter that illusion in just a few minutes though.

COURT: Everything that I have done up to this point really has just been rewriting me past. I joined Blast from the Past to try and prove that I was the dominant force behind winning the tournament with Fenris. Beating Crystal was about her stealing my opportunity all those years ago. Beating Roxi was about making sure that the detractors knew they were wrong about me. Kei---

She put her good hand over my mouth to cut me off.

RUBY: Who cares?

She definitely didn’t want me to actually answer the question because no matter how I tried to pull free she managed to keep her hand over her mouth and muffling my words.

COURT: I care!

I managed to pull her hand free long enough to get the two words out, but now that the blanket wasn’t between us for my defense she jumped on top of me and pinned my shoulders down to the bed with her kneecaps. She couldn’t hold me down with her hands, so instead she dropped all of her weight down on my midsection so that I knew I wasn’t going to be able to go anywhere easily.

RUBY: It is YOUR Bombshell Championship reign, and you can do whatever you want with it. So you got off track at the beginning… Who cares? You spent a little time correcting the flaws in your history. That is the same thing that any of us would do in your position. Your first instinct should be to defend the way that you got there.

I sighed, and stopped struggling beneath her. Even if I managed to wiggle myself free, the likelihood that I would accidentally hurt her while doing so was too high. I didn’t want to make the situation worse just because it was a conversation that I didn’t really want to be having.

COURT: I don’t know why it bothers me so much…

My wife didn’t miss a beat though. She knew me too well, and had definitely already been thinking about this for the last few days.

RUBY: ....because you let someone convince you that somehow all of that was wrong. Before you can become the amazing champion that I know that you will be, you had some shit to take care of. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Of course, she was right. The first couple of defenses don’t define a champion, unless there aren’t a whole lot more that came after. There was still plenty of time to get things back on the right track.

COURT: It just feels like maybe he was right. I have spent all of my time looking backwards at my career instead of moving forward.

She didn’t seem surprised by the admission in the least. Instead, it was like she understood.

RUBY: It’s safer. You already know what went wrong in the past, because you’ve already lived it. It’s easier to tackle those mistakes instead of trying to avoid making any more of them.

Easier. That was the worst word that she could have used to describe it. I didn’t want to be seen as the champion that was just taking it easy.

COURT: ...and that isn’t supposed to bother me? Maybe everyone is right. Maybe the confidence that I have is unwarranted. I mean I have been champion for two months, and people still think of me as the failure that got lucky in 2018 by drawing Fenris as a partner.

That part didn’t surprise her either. Although, as harsh as everyone on the roster was on her, I could see how she would have more experience dealing with the negativity than I had.

RUBY: ...and? You’re never going to convince everyone that you’re the champion that they deserve. You’re never going to silence all of the hate. No matter how good you are, or what you do, there will always be someone trying to take it away from you. Don’t let them. Especially not Kris.

It wasn’t just him that I was worried about though.

COURT: I just don’t want to end up being another failed Jet City project.

Her eyes widened.

RUBY: We left Jet City, remember? That’s not a label that you have to care about anymore.

I agreed with her. I turned my back on them, walked out, and even went as far as taking a bat to the gym in my frustration. In retaliation, Kris had canceled all my travel, pulled all my friends off of the show where I won the championship, and hung the two of us out on our own which ended up getting Ruby attacked pretty viciously. With everything that had happened over the last couple of months, the last thing that I should care about was Jet City. Yet, I did.

COURT: ...and if it is something that I am worried about?

She shrugged her shoulders, and then got up off of me. She got to her feet next to the bed, and after a few attempts, tried to put her words together in the least offensive way.

RUBY: Then it sounds like you and Kris have more to talk about than your match with Ariana.

She kissed the top of my head, and left the room before I could fight her any further. It wouldn’t have mattered though. Deep down, I knew that she was right.

COURT: Fuck…

>

Cease Fire
Yucatan, México  - Grand Ball Court of Chichen Itza
25th AUGUST 2023
OFF-Camera

Despite the fact that Ruby had been right, I wasn’t in any hurry to rush out and talk to Kris. In my experience, having a conversation with him before an important match usually led to my immediate downfall. Several of my injuries could be tied back to exploding based off something that he or his wife said to me. It didn’t even really make sense. The two of them went out of their way to make me feel miserable most of the time, and yet I still cared what they thought. I still cared about what happened to Jet City. I still wanted people to respect what we had all built together even though I wasn’t a part of it anymore. It would have been so much easier if I didn’t care. Unfortunately, it wasn’t something that I could turn off. Since there was no chance that I was going to try and hunt him down, I figured it was time that I did something productive. I hadn’t exchanged any words with Ariana since telling her that she needed to stand on her own two feet for this match. My last promo had been directed to the young girl that was running away from her date with destiny. Ariana had seemingly come a long way since then, and I definitely needed to to say something about that. Plus, she had taken a fair amount of liberties with my history in her comments and that was a record that needed to be straightened. I just couldn’t find the words.

I came to the Grand Ball Court to hopefully gather my thoughts. The crew was already busy at work trying to figure out how Violent Conduct was going to be set up in the space that we had. With the amount of tickets they had already sold, I had a feeling that many of their plans were constantly changing. People thought since Sin City was a smaller promotion, people wouldn’t show up when we went international, and they were proven wrong year after year.

KRIS: You know that the match is still two days away, right? You’re a lotta bit early.

I had heard footsteps coming up from behind me but I was secretly hoping that it was Jaycee finally showing up. Besides the fact that I hadn’t organized my thoughts yet, there was nobody here that I could trust to actually operate the camera. Unfortunately, it was the one person that I had been actively avoiding, and I couldn’t help but feel like Ruby had been the one to point him in the right direction. I gestured out towards the crew hard at work in front of me and didn’t bother to look up at him.

COURT: ....I figured that it would be a good backdrop to record whatever I was going to say to Ariana.

He took a look out at the crew for just a moment, and then returned his focus to me. He tapped his foot on the concrete next to the lifeless drone at my feet.

KRIS: ...and yet here you sit. This thing run out of batteries or something?

I shook my head, defeated.

COURT: I don’t know what to say anymore.

He laughed, but for the first time in a while it didn’t seem malicious. Usually he was trying to rile me up, and his laughter felt a lot like being mocked. This felt more like he was surprised by how his words had impacted me.

KRIS: What I said has you twisted up that bad, eh?

I didn’t want to give him all of the credit for the way that I was feeling though.

COURT: It’s not just that. I mean, you are a spectacular asshole. Every time that I should be excited or happy about how things are going you make sure to pop up and take it away from me.

I expected him to turn it around somehow and make it my fault, but he sighed, and agreed with me.

KRIS: Yeah, you have to stop letting that happen, and it would, if any of that confidence that you pretend to have was actually real.

I wanted to push back against his words, but I couldn’t. A week ago, I would have disagreed with him. I felt like I was on top of the world. He had successfully popped that ballon last time we spoke.

COURT: I am the Bombshell Champion. This is everything that I ever wanted. I beat Team Hero. I denied the Blast from the Past winner. I should be on top of the world, but I’m not.

He shrugged again, and tried to frame my actions through the lens of his perspective.

KRIS: No, because the moment that you won that thing you went on a rampage. You thought that everything would change overnight, and when it didn’t, you lost your shit.

I opened my mouth to disagree, but slammed it closed before I could say anything stupid. I didn’t want it to be true, but it was.

COURT: Fair.

Maybe feeling bolstered by the fact that I had agreed with him instead of fighting back, he tried to push his narrative a little bit further.

KRIS: And I didn’t throw you out of Jet City. You left.

Maybe that was true as well, but I wasn’t going to be taking the blame for that one.

COURT: You were supposed to be dead.

In a true role reversal, it was his turn to open his mouth to defend himself only to slam it shut. After a few moments he nodded, with a smile.

KRIS: Fair.

I could have blown up at him like I had every time we had seen each other since Romania, but Ruby’s words were ringing in my head. The two of us did have a lot to talk about, and we weren’t ever going to be able to get to it if I lost my cool. I took a deep breath, and even though I would have rather said anything else, I actually told him how I felt.

COURT: I did everything that I could to keep your dream alive for the last year. I didn’t want it all to fall apart just because we lost you. I thought that would be the most disrespectful thing that I could do to your memory. I put my dream aside to keep yours going….

It felt good to get the words out into the open air. I had been holding it in for the entire time that he was gone, and I knew that a whole lot of the rage that I was unleashing on the Bombshell roster had more to do with losing a year of my career to Jet City than it was anything that anyone else said. I felt duped by the fact that I bought into his death, and I felt like I deserved better than being lied to like the rest of the world.

KRIS: I never deserved for you to step up for me like you did while I was gone. I thought that people would just let Jet City fall apart after the shooting. It would have been easier for everyone to not have to go back to that building.

For those of us that had been around from the beginning like Kendall, Kate, Coby and myself, that certainly would have been easier. It was rough to walk into that space knowing that our mentor had been gunned down in the same building. I didn’t kill myself to keep the place running for the four of us though.

COURT: You gave us this opportunity. It was your success in Sin City that opened the door for the rest of us. It was the name of your gym that made getting a contract easier. I didn’t want to throw that away and ruin the chances of the kids like Eiley, Oz, Jaycee, or even Ruby.

He chewed on the inside of his cheek for a few moments while we sat there in silence. I don’t think that he was prepared for me to be able to keep my cool like this. To be honest, I wasn’t even sure that this was something that I was capable of until the words were coming out of my mouth. I had lived in fear that he would lampoon me for having a soft spot for Jet City. I thought he would make fun of me for being soft. None of those feelings ever came across his face though.

KRIS: You never gave me the chance to thank you for that. From the moment that you knew the truth, you cut me almost all the way out of your life. And yeah, maybe I deserve a little bit of that.

I couldn’t help but cut him off before he got to his point.

COURT: You didn’t act like it.

I could tell that his first instinct was to try and counter that point and throw it back in my face but he held his tongue.

KRIS: I think we have both done a lot of things in the last few months that we wish that we didn’t. Hurt feelings are a real bitch sometimes.

I was impressed that he had so much restraint, and maybe it was my way to test that this wasn’t all some big prank that he was playing on me.

COURT: I should have let you explain your side of things to me back in Romania. I shouldn’t have just bailed. You’re a dick, but I should have heard you out.

Finally taking responsibility for my role in the last few months felt like a big weight being taken off of my chest. I hadn’t even been aware of how much it had been dragging me down. Maybe he was right. Maybe all of the extra fire and hatefulness that I had been pouring on my opponents wasn’t the new me.

KRIS: I shouldn’t have given up so easily. I convinced myself that it was for the best that you set off on your own because you were doing so much better without me than with me.

I shrugged, and then leaned over to nudge his shoulder slightly.

COURT: Maybe in the ring…

I know that we don’t have the typical mentor/student relationship but there was no question about the fact that when he was around he made me better. I have spent so much time blaming him for every time that I had a setback, but I had a role in all of that as well. None of the words he ever said broke my bones. It was my reactions that caused all the damage.

KRIS: Success is lonely. That is why people first started setting up these gyms. That is why people in Sin City are so fucking loyal to whatever training facility that they came out of. It is a group of people to prop you up while everyone else is trying to tear you down.

And that was the reason that I hadn’t lost contact with Eiley, Oz, or Jaycee during all of this. They had each managed to sneak around behind the scenes to congratulate me on my success. I helped them when and where I could, even giving Jaycee the advice that got him onto the Summer XXXtreme card. I missed having a place and group of people to call my own.

COURT: I wish I could go back and do it all a little differently.

He shook his head. I shouldn’t have been surprised. He was never the type that would change anything about his life. It had been hard, and painful, but it made him who he was. He wasn’t certain that he would have ended up in the same place if he moved any of the pieces around, so he always said he would never try.

KRIS: Don’t. Just do it a little differently from here on out.

I stood up and arched backwards to stretch out my back. I hadn’t realized how long I had been sitting and watching the crew set up for the show. When I looked back down to him, I extended my hand.

COURT: Same team?

He took it with a smile on his face, and let me pull him back to his feet.

KRIS: Same team.

With a smirk, I looked down at the drone still on the ground, and then over at the crew. The wheels were finally turning. I think I figured out exactly what I needed to say.

COURT: Good, because Jaycee didn’t show up to operate this thing, so I am going to need you to stand in.

>COURTside: Game On!

”Over the last couple of weeks of this disappointing saga, a lot of credit has been given to undeserving Bombshells.”

”I forewarned Ariana about trying to follow in the footsteps of those that came before her. For as dominant as someone like Crystal was in the past, I put her down for good. For all of Team Hero’s efforts, Roxi couldn’t stop my ascension to the top of this division, and Keira couldn’t snatch away my crown. Not even the Blast from the Past winner could hold their own in the ring with The One.”

”....and yet these are the women that Ariana is propping up in order to take me on. She is standing atop the pile of discarded losers that I already ran through like I am supposed to be intimidated. I get that all of those women have had their shining moments in this company. For some, those moments lasted years. For others, they were extremely fleeting. I cannot take away their accomplishments though, nor would I want to. Their collective accomplishments are what makes my flawless victories over each and every one of them so delicious. I don’t want to beat up on people that have done nothing. I want to highlight just what each of my opponent’s brings to the table, because that makes it all the more impressive when I take them apart.”

”Ultimately it comes down to legacy. The people that Ariana mentioned have already cemented theirs. I am still in the process of writing mine, as is my challenger. And while I can’t deny that it is always smart to look to the past for inspiration and direction, it can also be detrimental to your ability to live in the moment. If The Greek Goddess keeps thinking she is going to walk into Violent Conduct and avenge all of the people that I have stepped on in order to become the Bombshell Champion, she is going to suffer the exact same fate that they did. If she is going to spend all of her time digging into my past failures, she is going to be surprised to find that the woman she steps into the ring with on Sunday is a totally different person.”

”You can’t create a legacy in this business without a few missteps along the way. Forging one’s destiny into reality is not easy, and it is more than wins and losses. It is more than holding the Bombshell Championship. I mean, go look at my record in this company and see if it reads like the history of a Bombshell Champion. I am the proud owner of one of the longest losing streaks in this company’s history. I have spent more time away from the ring injured than I have competing in the last five years. I have been beaten by people that we think of as punchlines nowadays. I have fallen where everyone expected me to succeed. Until this year, I was viewed as the perfect example of Jet City’s wasted talent. Yet, each and every time I came back better than I was the last time. I picked myself up, dusted myself off, and gave it another shot. I got back up a little smarter, and a little more hardened each and every time that I failed and got laughed out of the building.”

”...and look where it has gotten me. Finally, at long last, I have arrived at the top of the mountain. And I didn’t do that by winning every single time I was in the ring. I didn’t do that by being carried through Blast from the Past. I did that because being champion in this company is more about surviving the best shot that each and every woman on this roster can throw at me and getting back up afterwards. It is about getting the most out of each of my competitors, and still weathering the storm. It is about not letting the setbacks against people like Alicia Lukas or Amber Ryan bother me, because these were women at the very top of their game and there is no shame coming up short against them. It is about making sure that each and every time I step into the ring, I am just a little bit better than my last time out. It is about progress, and you can’t progress if you are spending all of your time looking into the past.”

”Time has proven that I can be beaten.”

”Time has proven that I can be injured and sent away for months or years on end. ”

”These things are facts. They can’t be changed. I can’t erase them from the record books, and I cannot run from them. There is always a chance that on any given night, I am going to be beaten. I don’t think that I am somehow so great that I am above that. You know what every previous Bombshell Champion this company’s history has in common? None of them are holding this belt anymore. I am, but that isn’t something that will stretch infinitely. Someday, this will all come to an end, and that fact is not lost on me. That is why moments like these are so important. That is why when I selected my challenger for Violent Conduct, I was expecting to see Ariana seize this opportunity for what it was. Nobody handed me this championship. Roxi wasn’t just going to ride off into the sunset of her own accord, I had to force her hand, and if Ariana ever wants to hold MY championship in this company, she is going to have to wrap her head around this fact: if you want something in this business, you have to take it.”

”....when I got the chance to be the Bombshell Champion, I wasn’t going to be denied. It didn’t matter that Roxi didn’t think that I was ready. It didn’t matter that my partner cost me a shot at repeating as a Blast from the Past winner. It didn’t matter that my wife got booted from the tour. It didn’t matter that it was five long years in the making. I did not stop. I did not pack it in and walk away from this business. I survived each and every challenge. I weathered every storm. I eventually forced my dream to be everyone’s reality, and I will defend my Bombshell Championship against every woman that collects a Sin City Wrestling paycheck. Any time. Any place. Any challenger, in any order that makes them happy. It doesn’t matter to me because I am not going to be done writing my legacy until I firmly put all of them behind me.”

”....and Ariana mistakes the confidence that I have for unearned arrogance. Then again, she also mistakenly thinks that I was carried through both of my Blast from the Past tournaments appearances, and that I never earned the spot that I am in. Maybe that is just her way of projecting the way she feels about herself onto me. After all, she calls me a failure, and yet she was the one that let down her Jet City partner in the tournament when she got beaten by Devona and eliminated from the tournament. I mean, they had only advanced in the tournament on the back of what the man that I trained was able to do inside the ring. Sam Marlowe would have taken her out in the first round if not for Oz, and then Devona was able to finish her off the second time around, even after he took J2H out of the equation. Ariana fell short, and then got her match with Roxi anyways…”

”In contrast, I was making bitches tap out for the majority of the tournament until the one time that I needed Ken Davidson to step up. I was the one earning our way through the tournament this year, and he was the one that ended up blowing it for our team. I didn’t end up getting embarrassed by Devona in the tournament like Ariana did, and when the two of us squared up at Summer XXXtreme, I proved to the world that she wasn’t anywhere close to being on my level. Devona may have had a hand in eliminating both my team, and Ariana’s team, but that is where the similarities end. I proved that when I defended my Bombshell Championship against that GO Gym hack and mopped the fucking floor with her. ”

”...and maybe I should have a little more respect for the GO Gym people than I do considering what Fenris and I did as rookies, but ever since we won that tournament I have been hearing the same chirping bullshit from the rest of you. Each and every one of you has said that he carried me through the tournament, but if you watch it back you can see that I was pulling my weight the whole time. We wouldn’t have even made it to the finals without my contributions, and then the only thing he had to do to win the tournament was beat up on a man that was literally a third of his size. So he slapped around a little person and went on to be the champion. Is that really all that high of a bar?”

”If it is, I can see why the young guns of the GO Gym are being left off of the big events. I can see why so many of them have come up short, and I can understand why they would point the finger at Jet City. I was good with it. I understand that there is always going to be a rivalry between the two. I understand that so many clashes in this company have come down to people that are on opposite sides of these gyms. I get the history. I understand that we are probably all destined to do this until we all die, or the doors to this place finally close forever. The two gyms will probably never get along, even though we have come together to do a whole bunch of cool shit together. I thought that I was going to be able to free myself from all of it by stepping away from it and going out on my own, but now I realize that I was wrong. Whether I want to be, or not, I am stuck with the Jet City label. I am inextricably linked to that gym, this company, all of the petty bullshit that comes with it.”

”...but this match didn’t have to be about all of that though…”

”Ariana thinks that I dismissed her talents by leaving my challenger up to chance a few weeks ago. That couldn’t be further from the truth. I looked at the list that I was presented and realized that I was going to get the same level of competition from any of them. None of them stuck out from any of the others, and none of them felt deserving. I saw the match playing out the same no matter which one of them got the next shot at me. My hope was that no matter which card came up, that Bombshell was going to make the best of their opportunity. I wanted to inspire someone to step up to a challenge that nobody thought they deserved. I wanted to unlock a level of competition that every other champion in this company has written off. Sometimes, all people need is a chance to prove to you what they are really worth, and I was simply providing that chance to a randomly available Bombshell. So you can all imagine my disappointment when Ariana’s first instinct was to run away and cry.”

”...but I should have expected as much from the GO Gym. Ariana whined and complained about being in the Bombshell main event, just like Carter was bitching and moaning about being left off of the card. Whether you give them everything, or nothing at all, there is no pleasing them. There is no reasoning with them. They continually come up short, and then point the finger of blame at anyone that they can. I am glad to be crossing Ariana off of my list early, because it is one more of them that I don’t ever have to think about again. She can go all the way to the back of the line just like Carter has in the men’s division. She can build herself all the way back up from the bottom for all I care.”

”Rest assured, I have no intention of preparing her for ‘next time’ either. I am not The Icon. I am not going to say it just isn’t her time yet, and she’ll be better prepared for what the next opportunity might bring. I am not going to give her any false hope that she will be able to carry the Bombshell Championship one day. I am not going to lie. From the very beginning I have said that no woman on the list that I was given deserved to be sharing the ring with me at Violent Conduct. The beating Ariana is going to get this weekend isn’t going to end in the fairytale moment that Roxi said it would.”

”The Greek Angel may have gotten beaten by Roxi and had her confidence shaken….”

”... but The Greek Goddess is going to get dismantled at Violent Conduct, and I am not sure that there will be enough of her left to piece back together ever again.”