Author Topic: “One Last Chance!”  (Read 744 times)

Offline Krystal Wolfe

• View Profile
“One Last Chance!”
« on: October 12, 2022, 01:56:16 PM »
Since she lost the Fatal Four Way Match for the World Bombshell Championship #1 Contendership to Diamond Steele (albeit indirectly as Diamond pinned Sam) Krystal hadn’t seen a lot of action in an SCW ring, mostly staying on the side-lines watching her friends Jessie Salco and the Bombshell Roulette Champion Ariana Angelos duke it out on TV but that didn’t mean that the Aussie wasn’t keeping herself busy! Between trying to set up a match between herself and Mercedes Vargas for High Stakes XII and putting her name forward alongside Ariana Angelos for Team Hero’s last opponents as a tag team Krystal had been busy outside of the ring but it hadn’t been all sunshine and rainbows with her younger cousin Cassie getting banned from SCW events going forward after an altercation with Carter.

But as the biggest event of the year was drawing near, Krystal was at least getting one of her wishes granted! The match between Team Hero and Team Go (or The Go Sisters as Ari preferred to call them) had been made official for the Go Home Show and was serving as the Main Event! This was Krystal’s first Main Event match in months whilst Ari was competing in her second Main Event in a row but after the brutality of Ariana’s last title defence, can the younger team win?

Krystal’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 10th of October 2022, 11:00am

This cycle has ended up being a paradoxical one.

What do I mean by that? Well, somehow despite only competing in one match at the very start of the cycle (the Fatal Four Way, which I lost) I’ve managed to keep myself busy in ways that were both good and bad! I challenged Mercedes Vargas to a match at High Stakes XII and right now it’s a matter of waiting for it to be made official because Mercedes has responded to my challenge and accepted it and beyond that? Me and Ari put our names forward as Team Hero’s last opponents before Keira called it a career.

Sure, we disagreed on the Team name (I wanted to stick with the Team Go name whilst Ari wanted to keep our team separate from her team with Carter back in SCU by renaming ourselves The Go Sisters) but that campaign was successful, that was the only thing that mattered! Or at least that’s what I’d tell myself if Ari didn’t go to war with Melissa for the Bombshell Roulette Title in last night’s Main Event.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy that Ari is having a successful run with the gold and I know from personal experience that you pretty much have to roll with the punches when it comes to the Roulette Wheel but the timing of the Falls Count Anywhere Match couldn’t have been worse if it tried!

So how do I feel about being one half of the team that’ll face Team Hero in their potential final match? I know how Ari feels, she feels that it’s a great honour and that the Team Hero Fangirl in her (Ari’s words, not mine) was freaking out over he prospect but me? Keira and Roxi were on my bucket list when I teamed up with Jessie to face them at last year’s Christmas Special in what ended up being one of my last matches as Bombshell Roulette Champion, off course I didn’t know that at the time and I wouldn’t lose the title until a few months after the match but I felt like I had unfinished business with Team Hero.

Or to put it another way, following the match at the Christmas Special I faced Keira two more times for the Bombshell Roulette Title and once again in the Queen for a Day Ladder Match, the Queen for a Day Ladder Match ended indecisively between us as Amber was the one who climbed the ladder and got the right to book a Climax Control (and we all know the circumstances surrounding THAT show) whilst in the Roulette Rules Matches I won the first one at Inception V, Keira won the rematch during the Blaze of Glory X Cycle.

In other words, I’m basically treating this as the tie breaker! Would I prefer a one-on-one match against Keira? Yeah, but Keira has made it clear that she’s in the twilight of her wrestling career and has all but said that the match against Roxi at High Stakes XII will be her retirement match, this might be my last chance to break the tie between Keira and me, I’ve got to take the chances when I can get them at this point!

”Okay good, Ari’s been discharged from the hospital.” I commented to myself as I read the text from Ari whilst setting up my Elden Ring stream, now that my hangover from my ill-advised night of drinking with Fenris (and by night of drinking I mean half an hour before Aron had to call me a cab to go home) had gone I was ready for the week ahead of me. ”And she’s asking if she can join us on our next dog walk.”

”She didn’t check herself out of hospital right?” Makayla asked bluntly and I rolled my eyes in response, even months after the fact my wife hadn’t let me live down the fact that I had checked myself out of hospital to train for a title match only to find out that no one was willing to let me train with my injuries and ended up losing said title match. ”Then again, I don’t think Francisco would’ve let her do that.”

”She was discharged from the hospital with orders to take it easy and a prescription for painkillers, in other words, she has to stay away from the Go Gym for a couple of days at least and she might use the dog walk as an excuse to get out of the house for a while.” I explained to my wife and Makayla nodded in understanding as she finished cleaning up in my streaming room. ”So what do you say? Can she join us?”

”Eh, why not? She’s good company and loves dogs, and I’m pretty sure Garrus and Tali won’t mind.” Makayla responded with a shrug and I glanced over at the two dogs, the German Shepherd Garrus was lying on his side whilst stretching his legs out whilst Tali the Golden Lab was sitting down by the entrance with her head poking around the doorway, both dogs were clearly wagging their tails (we could see Garrus’s tail moving up and down and Tali’s tail was whacking against the wall in the only way a Golden Lab’s tail could) upon being given some attention and we grinned. ”And I do want to ask Ari what she was thinking with the ending to the Falls Count Anywhere Match! Even if she wasn’t teaming with you on Sunday, that’s still a stupid risk to take!”

”Sometimes you have to take stupid risks to get ahead in wrestling, it’s the nature of the business.” I responded with a shrug ad Makayla just shook her head in disbelief, she didn’t say it but I had the feeling that Makayla was thankful that her family’s history of heart problems eliminated the chance that she could follow me into wrestling. ”By the way, have you heard from Cassie? She texted me to tell me that she Becky arrived in Montreal safely for her debut with the other SCW!”

”Not since she sent you that text, she’s facing a guy in her debut for that promotion right? Ace Sky I think his name is?” Makayla asked after thinking for a moment and I nodded, I was familiar with the name because he had wrestled Adrienne in CULT a couple of times and I knew he was a talented, experienced wrestler who Cassie could learn a lot from. ”Pity you couldn’t get tickets to the show!”

”She’ll be fine, she’s had some world class trainers but I’m more concerned about her mental state since this tag match is happening whilst she’s banned from Sin City Wrestling events.” I pointed out and Makayla nodded with a frown on her face, I was in agreement that Carter had started with Cassie hence why I had filed the appeal but after the bosses had flat out refused to lift the ban on Cassie attending the shows so she could watch the tag match and Roxi vs. Keira in person? I had serious doubts that Cassie was going to be allowed to attend shows any time soon. ”She’s often been my anchor in reality but if nothing else this incident has proved that she can just as hot headed as much, throw in the fact that she just turned nineteen this past summer?”

”I guess being a hot head runs in your mom’s side of the family! Besides, Cass may be a prodigy but she’s still young and has the rest of her life ahead of her, she’ll learn from this as much as we disagree with the situation.” Makayla added with a frown as she brushed some hair over her shoulder. ”When will Cassie be back from Montreal?”

”Assuming that she hasn’t eaten her weight in poutine by then? She said that she’s flying back to Vegas tomorrow morning via Kayfabe Airlines.” I explained after double checking the text that Cassie had sent me. ”I think now’s a good time to take the doggos out to the dog park, I’ll text Ari the address so she can meet us there.”

”And I’ll get the dogs in the car.” Makayla responded before she turned to the two dogs. ”Garrus, Tali, walkies!” Makayla added in a slightly high-pitched voice and all it took was the w word for the two dogs to get excited before they raced down the stairs ready for their walk.

One last show before High Stakes XII, this was going to be an interesting test for me and Ari.

Las Vegas International Airport, Las Vegas, Nevada
Wednesday the 12th of October 2022, 14:00pm

They grow up so fast.

You should know the story by now but when I first met Cass she was still a trainee at the PTA Gym, a prodigy of the ring sure but still a trainee, now she’s wrestled in Canada for the first time and beaten a much more experienced wrestler in Ace Sky.

If only I can get the situation between her and the bosses sorted out!

My appeal to get her ban lifted was going nowhere fast and when one half of the legendary Team Hero couldn’t persuade the bosses to let her student attend two shows, including the final Supercard of the calendar year and SCW’s biggest show at that, then what hope did I have? It’s like I said to Pussy on Sunday, with Cassie’s career in Supreme Championship Wrestling getting off the ground, my teenaged cousin might just be content to focus on that part of her life.

Then again, I said that before the tag match between me and Ari and Team Hero was made official.

”Fight from Montreal should be here in about ten minutes.” I commented to Ari as we looked up at the arrivals board, it was exactly what it sounded like, we were here to meet Cassie and Becky at the airport following her successful Supreme Championship Wrestling debut against Ace Sky, a guy who based on his performance in that match, I wouldn’t mind seeing in Sin City Wrestling if we’re being honest but I wasn’t about to poach a talent from Cassie’s new home fed. ”How do you think she did Ari?”

”Considering that her match against Ace was her third ever match and her first in Canada? Cassie handled herself well out there, and if she keeps wrestling veterans like Ace then she’s only going to get better in the ring.” Ariana responded with a shrug as she shifted her weight and I nodded in agreement. ”I’m more surprised that Cassie and Becky’s parents let their daughters go to a foreign country on their own! I know Becky’s been an open lesbian for a couple of years now but Cassie’s still undecided, isn’t she?”

”The more I see her interact with Becky, the more convinced I am that Cassie’s going to come out of the closet well before her 20th birthday.” I responded with a nod as I glanced up at the arrivals board to see if there had been any delays. ”Whether she comes out as a lesbian or a bi-sexual woman depends on Cassie off course, but she’s known that I’m in a lesbian relationship for months and her parents never had a problem with me and Makayla spending time with her so I’ll be surprised if Cassie’s coming out party goes over like a wet fart.”

”Not to mention the fact that her trainers are a lesbian couple and my best friend is also one of the most flamboyantly gay men I know.” Ariana responded before letting a yawn for a few seconds and I turned to the Greek American woman. ”Sorry, me and Carter’s Angela Landsbury marathon took us late into the night, didn’t help that we capped it off with the original Beauty and the Beast.”

”First off? Don’t worry about it, she was a damn good actress and had lived a long life, second? I’m glad that me and Makayla just settled for watching Beauty and the Beast.” I assured Ari who grinned in response, we kept chatting for a while and before we knew it, we heard the announcement of the flight from Montreal’s arrival. ”Okay, time to keep an eye out for our favourite Australian teenage stoner who may or may not be a lesbian!”

”There’s someone out there who fits that description who isn’t Cass?!” Ari joked getting a laugh out of me but a few minutes later we saw Cass and Becky heading into the arrivals lounge and waved ”Hey girls! How was Montreal?” Ari greeted the two teenagers as they ran up to us and Cassie grinned as she caught up to us.

”Well I didn’t manage to eat my weight in poutine but the food was great, the locals were friendly and oh yeah, I won my Supreme Championship Wrestling debut!” Cass exclaimed excitedly and whilst we had watched her debut match against Ace Sky on TV, we were still glad that her debut had gone well. ”Now if only I could watch the tag match between you guys and Team Hero in person on Sunday, then this week would be perfect!”

”Sadly it seems that we’re going nowhere fast in that department.” I responded as I shook my head and Cassie let out an annoyed huff. ”Trust me Cass, I’ve tried everything short of hiring you on as my manager and even if there wasn’t the issue of conflicting dates with the other SCW, I strongly doubt they’ll go for that idea since it would mean that a Bombshell in her late twenties is having her career managed by her nineteen-year-old cousin!”

”To say nothing of what happened to you the last time you hired a manager.” Ariana commented with a frown and it didn’t take me long to realize what Ari was referring to, I still had the Roulette Title Ring and robe that Matthew brought me for Christmas last year because that’s a badass ring and that robe’s become a key part of my entrance but aside from those two items? I had pretty much swept my association with Matthew and Marty under the rug with Cassie being the only real connection I had left to the PTA Gym. ”At this point the only way we might be able to get the bosses to lift the ban is to Carter to withdraw his complaint against you, and since I strongly suspect that Laz was the driving force behind that, we might need to get him to see the light about the relationship with his boyfriend first.”

”And based on what Cass has told me, those efforts have ended with you guys shooting yourselves in the foot rather than make any real progress.” Becky chimed in with a frown on her face and we nodded reluctantly. ”We’ll figure out a way to get Carter out of it and Cass back on Sin City Wrestling TV but I think our parents are getting a bit restless.”

We hadn’t even noticed it until now but the whole time we had been talking to Cass and Becky, my phone had been vibrating in my jeans pocket and when I finally checked it, I realized Becky was right because I had several missed calls from both Becky and Cassie’s parents (they had given me their numbers in case something terrible happened and they couldn’t reach their daughters for whatever reason). ”Let’s go, best not keep them waiting.” I responded before me and Ari led Cassie and Becky out of the arrivals lounge and we went through airport security.

The trip through airport security went off without a hitch, Cassie’s navel piercing did set off the metal detector but whilst she wasn’t wearing a crop top the security agents realized what the source was when they passed the detector over Cassie’s mid-riff and let us through without much incident.

Still if the Violent Conduct VIII cycle was anything to go by then High Stakes XII was likely to be a turning point for the situation with Carter and Laz! With everything thar happened in the weeks following Violent Conduct VII I was almost dreading what was going to happen when the biggest show of the year rolled around in a few weeks’ time, Ariana was entering the show as a champion for the first time, potentially against Jessie depending on what Jessie decided at Climax Control and I had my match against Mercedes, aside from us? Fenris had that dream match against J2H, Tempest was taking on Zoey and Carter had that intergenerational match against Chris Page.

It was going to be a busy time for Team Go and the auxiliary members, that’s for sure and me and Ari had the match against Team Hero on Sunday, we’d soon find out if High Stakes XII would end up being a repeat of how successful Violent Conduct VIII was for us!

Jessie’s home gym, Las Vegas, Nevada
Wednesday the 12th of October 2022, 16:00pm

Ari opted to stay home when I offered her a chance to come train at Jessie’s gym, both because she was still banged up from the Falls Count Anywhere Match from this past Sunday’s Climax Control but she could no longer use the loophole we used to head over to Jessie’s home to train, after all, now that Ariana’s title reign had survived the second defence against Melissa the title match between Jessie and Ariana was all but guaranteed to happen soon, when it happened depended on Jessie as it turned out.

”So let me get this straight.” I commented as me and Cassie followed Jessie into the basement with Jessie’s Chow-Chow puppy Titan following us with his tail wagging. ”Your lawyers managed to find an out for the Chamber of Extreme Match to happen at High Stakes XII even though you signed the contract for the title match against Ari?”

”Having a contract lawyer helps, you should probably talk to the law firm that represents you about representing Cassie.” Jessie responded as she turned to us and Cassie gave her a curious look. ”I’m not talking about the whole mess with Cassie and Carter that led to her being banned from SCW events for the near future, but it’s to avoid contract issues like the one that Jason Ryan guy was having with Outlaw Pro before they went dark.”

”I’m still not 100% clear on the details surrounding that but I’ll take your word for it.” Cassie nodded in response as my younger cousin folded her arms. ”But what was the loophole your lawyers found?”

”Turns out that SCW contracts have tons of outs that let them get around unforeseeable circumstances that could impact their cards.” Jessie explained as she turned to us. ”Injury, death, family emergency, pregnancy, yes I know that last bit only applies to half the roster but Mark and Christian have planned for every possible outcome that could force a card change, and the contract I signed after that ladder match is exception.” Jessie added as she brushed some of her brown hair over her shoulder. ”Once I found it I called Christian and scheduled a meeting for Climax Control to decide on a course of action, hardcore wrestling  may as well be my secondary style at this point but that doesn’t mean I’m about to wrestle in two potentially brutal matches in the same night!”

”Surprised you went with Christian and not Mark.” I commented with a curious look on my face as Cassie knelt over to give Titan some fuss. ”If there’s a rivalry that’s just as infamous as you and Mercedes, it’s you and Christian.”

”It wasn’t always that way, we got along well enough when I was a newcomer in SCW, even after he made me do that drug test, and I was one of the first Bombshells to join Team SCW after Erick Staggs declared war on SCW.” Jessie explained as she shook her head and we nodded as we got the idea. ”Our relationship may have soured over the years, especially during that title shot ban, but there’s always been a begrudging respect between us, I respect Christian as a businessman and being an openly gay man when that wasn’t exactly the mainstream in wrestling and he respects me for my dedication to my craft and being an SCW lifer, besides Mark was in the bathroom at the time and I figured “screw it, it’s better than nothing” and pointed out the situation too him.”

”So what exactly is your plan?” I asked as Jessie started leading me, Cass, and Titan down into the basement where her gym was. ”Because even if you opt to give up your match against Ari, she’ll still have to defend the Bombshell Roulette Title on the show.”

”I’m well aware of that, I have been in the company for just over a decade after all.” Jessie explained with a nod as we entered her gym and she turned on the lights. ”My options are as follows, either my Roulette Title Match gets bumped to the Main Event of the post High Stakes XII Climax Control and my Chamber of Extreme Match against Melissa goes as planned or Ari gets added to the Chamber of Extreme Match and it’s made a title match.” Jessie added as she started making her way to the ring. ”Now, personally? I’m happy to wait for my title match, a Triple Threat Chamber of Extreme sounds interesting but my feud with Melissa was never about a title even after Melissa won the Bombshell Roulette Title and I don’t want my rubber match with her to be remembered as another title match on PPV.” Jessie added as she sat down on one of the weight machines. ”I have until Sunday to finalize my decision for obvious reasons, but that should give Christian enough time to find at least one replacement challenger for Ari in the case that I do go with that idea.”

”And let’s face it, there’s a roster full of hungry Bombshells who don’t have a place on the card yet and would jump at that chance.” Cassie pointed out and we nodded in agreement with her as the teenager walked around the gym. ”Either way, Ari and Krystal are getting a heck of a workout on Sunday with their Main Event against Team Hero.”

”Honestly? I’ll be shocked if that match doesn’t end up on next year’s Year End Award Ballots but we’re getting a year ahead of ourselves.” Jessie nodded in agreement before she motioned to the ring with her head. ”I want to see for myself how much Cassie learned from that match against Ace Sky, I think it’s time you two sparred!”

”Couldn’t agree more!” I responded with a grin before I lead Cassie to the ring with Titan watching on eagerly.

Go Gym Parking Lot, Las Vegas, Nevada
Thursday the 13th of October 2022, 11:00am

*promo time*

Here we go.

”Second chances don’t exactly come around very often, especially not in wrestling, but when Team Hero stated advertising for a team to face them in what may well be their final ever match? I saw it as my second chance to get a win over Team Hero and Ariana jumped at the chance to wrestle her heroes.” I stated plainly before shaking my head. ”Actually? Scratch that, this isn’t a second chance, this is my last chance because Keira has all but stated that her match against Roxi at High Stakes XII will be her last and I have unfinished business stemming from the last days of my Roulette Title reign with her! Me and Ari might be entering this week’s Main Event with completely different mind sets but our goas remain the same, be the team who beat Team Hero on their last ever match!”

This will be good.

”Keira, Roxi, I’m going to get this out of the way, I respect the hell out of both of you, and that respect only grew after everything you did for me and Cassie earlier this year, but as I’ve often said that respect can only take you so far in the ring.” I commented as a small smile appeared on my face. ”I’ll admit, whilst I was never the Team Hero fangirl Ari was, I was always more of an Odette Ryder fan if we’re being honest, this is my chance to wrestle my heroes one last time as well but unlike Ari, I have business that needs to be resolved with both of you and it dates all the way back to the Christmas Special!”

That’s right!

”A lot has changed from that Tag Team Glass Bulbs Match, Matthew’s gone bankrupt, Marty’s run to the hills, I don’t know what Lizzie, Andreas or Cyrus are up to these days and oh yeah, I’m no longer the Bombshell Roulette Champion, Ari is, it’s kinda come full circle, hasn’t it?” I stated as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”I’m entering this match to show how much I’ve grown since that initial encounter with Team Hero and what better way to do that than to pick up the win heading into High Stakes XII? Weirder things have happened right?”

It's that simple.

”Ari’s being all wholesome with her goals for this match, me? The competitive edge to my motives is a lot sharper than Ari’s, I’m out to avenge two losses.” I added as I held up two fingers. ”The aforementioned Christmas Special loss and the end of my Roulette Title Reign, that’s right Keira, since your about to call it a career, I’m basically treating this as our long overdue tie breaker, with all due respect Roxi? Your just collateral damage in this match as far as my goals as concerned!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”To give this match anything less than my all would be an insult to Team Hero’s legacy, I stand by those words because they are 100% true! But at the same time? Whilst Ari is living the dream of every Team Hero Fangirl with dreams of becoming a wrestler, I’m out to right a wrong!” I added as I folded my arms. ”Because this is my one last chance to beat Team Hero and the building behind me, the Go Gym, prepared me and Ari for such a huge match and we are ready to go to war with Team Hero in the Main Event and as I turn the page on their epic chapter of my SCW career, me and Ari will close the book on Team Hero’s storied career as a tag team! Roxi, Keira, it’s been an honour to even take part in this match and cut this promo and I’ll see you in the ring!”

I got in my car and drove off as the scene fades.