Author Topic: “Revenge is a Meal Best Served Cold.”  (Read 644 times)

Offline Krystal Wolfe

• View Profile
“Revenge is a Meal Best Served Cold.”
« on: May 30, 2022, 04:01:28 PM »
(Gabriel was used with Mark’s permission)

Krystal would come up short in her efforts to win Queen for a Day, in fact that match was won by none other than Amber Ryan and this week at Climax Control was her turn to rule the roost! This year’s King Mark Cross had come up with some creative stipulations for his turn as king but whilst Amber’s match choices were certainly more traditional compared to Mark’s, there was one match that had Krystal’s undivided attention.

Or at least, the match that was originally advertised, the match was set to be between Krystal, Keira Fisher, and Diamond Stele but after Keira was forced to pull out it was changed to a one on one match between the other two women in the match! Krystal and Diamond had a lot of history between them starting from when Diamond beat Krystal in her return match and later ending Krystal’s Roulette Title Reign on her eighth defence against Keira, this wasn’t a perfect rematch as Diamond lost the Bombshell Roulette Title to Kat Jones at Into the Void X but Krystal didn’t care as long as revenge was hers, can she get the win?

Backstage at Climax Control 331, Los Angeles, California
Sunday the 29th of May 2022, 18:00pm

This was an eventful night to say the least.

Let’s start with the obvious, Kat Jones managed to break the first defence curse by defeating Seleana Zdunich in a Roulette Rules Bar Room Brawl that probably got all SCW living wrestlers past and present banned from the establishment for life, I may have to test that theory the next time SCW stops by the City of Angels! Aside from that, all the crazy matches Mark Cross came up with lived up to expectations and even better? Jessie got the win for her and Knox against Levana and Mark in the Tag Team Blazing Tables Match that served as the Main Event.

Yeah, I’d say that put a damper on any plans Mark might have had for Knox.

All that aside, we all knew what was next, Amber’s Queen for a Day episode was next week and I was off two minds about it, one: Amber was probably going to go for more subdued matches than Mark did, two: Amber was going to use her powers in the cliché way of booking herself a World Bombshell Title Shot, granted I’ve made no secret of having similar plans myself but there’s a key difference, I was setting my sights a lot lower, namely at the Bombshell Roulette Title.

To be honest my plans didn’t really move beyond that, I wanted to make sure I won the Queen for a Day Match before I started brainstorming the rest of the card and, well, the fact that it’s Amber’s Queen for a Day episode and not mine should tell you everything you need to know about that! It did leave one big question hanging above my head though, the King for a Day Match saw two of my friends competing (Ariana lost to Kayla Richards and Jessie won the aforementioned Main Event), did Amber have any plans for me or was she leaving that up to the bosses?

There was only one way to find out and that was to wait for the new card text.

”That was a hell of a Main Event.” I commented as I started gathering my stuff up and Cassie started grabbing her now empty snack packages. ”Literally in Levana’s case.”

”Two losses in a row to a woman who many see as SCW’s perpetual underachiever, that’s got to sting.” Cassie nodded in agreement as she grabbed her stuff and threw it in a bag so we could drop it off in a recycling bin on the way back, Cass may be a stoner with a permanent case of the munches (and yes, that was why she had all those snacks with her) but she did care about the environment at least. ”So what’s the plan? Fly back to Vegas and train at the Go Gym?”

”I need to know what I’m training for first, and with Amber in charge? That could mean anything.” I responded before getting the new card text and grabbing my iPhone, I spent a good couple of minutes skimming through the card before I spotted my match. ”Oh boy, Cass do you want the good news or the really bad news first?”

”Depends, is the bad news me making my wrestling debut against Tempest, Masque, Ms. Jon or all the above?” Cass asked dryly and I shook my head, even if Cass had graduated by now she wasn’t even a roster member. ”Okay, good news first.”

”Good news is, I’m getting Keira and Diamond in a Triple Threat Match.” I explained and Cassie grinned broadly, knowing just how badly I had wanted a match with Diamond since she cost me my Roulette Title Reign. ”The really bad news? Well, Amber booked Chloe in her first match back since that match against Masque during the Greece Lightning Tour, you know, the one that turned into a scene from a slasher movie?”

”Yep! The end of that match still gives me nightmares! But how does that concern you? I thought Christian put Chloe on indefinite suspension for snapping at……….oh no……….” Cassie trailed off as it hit her like a ton of bricks. ”Christian’s choosing the stipulation for the Triple Threat Match, isn’t he?”

”Yep, the guy who created the Scaffold Over the Piranha Tank Match is getting a choice over this match! And knowing him, he’s going to try to top that match!” I exclaimed as I threw my hands into the air in frustration. ”And here I thought my time with crazy stipulations ended with my Bombshell Roulette Title Reign!”

”Guess the only thing you can do is promote the match and see what he comes up with.” Cassie shrugged her shoulders and I nodded in agreement before we stood up and got ready to leave. ”What time do I need to be up for the flight to Vegas?”

”9:30 at the latest, if you’re not outside me and Makayla’s hotel room by then I’ll send her over to your room to wake you up.” I warned my teenaged cousin and Cassie nodded as she got the idea before we left the room and headed to the car.

Go Gym, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 30th of May 2022, 15:00pm

Well, that was a turnup for the books.

Me and Cass were well on our way to Vegas via Kayfabe Airlines when I got the text from Christian, initially I thought that it was him telling me what I could expect from the Triple Threat Match but I was at least partially right, Keira had to pull out and the Triple Threat Match was now a one on one match between me and Diamond, Christian was still deciding the match’s stipulation so I wasn’t getting off completely scot free but that didn’t matter.

What mattered was that I was getting my revenge against Diamond and my win back! After an entire cycle of watching from the side-lines I was getting the match that should’ve happened at Blaze of Glory X, with all due respect to Keira, the Bombshell Roulette Title Match at that show should’ve been between me and Diamond with me retaining, but we all know what happened instead.

All that’s missing is a tie breaker match between me and Keira but that’ll happen soon enough.

Even so, some old habits can’t be broken, like my chats with Gabriel.

“Well, well, I can’t think of a more apt example of a “Monkey’s Paw” match.” Gabriel commented as I entered his office and I grimaced before sitting down opposite him. “On one hand Charlotte, you are getting your long awaited rematch with Diamond Steele, but Christian has your fates in his hands.”

”So does Amber if you think about it.” I commented as I shifted my weight. ”She gave Christian control of this match as a compromise so she could get Chloe in her first match since her matchup against Masque, but Amber had to know about Christian’s reputation for coming up with the most sadistic stipulations this sport has seen in years.”

“Amber is coming up to the second anniversary of her SCW debut, if she doesn’t know what Christian is like by now I’ll be shocked.” Gabriel nodded in agreement as he shifted his weight and I frowned as I folded my arms. “But as hard as it is Charlotte, you must focus on Diamond for now, you have waited months to get you hands on her again and you likely won’t find out what sinister concoction of a match Christian has brewed up until the match starts.”

”I know, this isn’t exactly my first match against her.” I responded with a nod as I leaned back in the chair. ”The first match against her was the start of that experiment with Matthew and Marty as my managers, we both know how that ended in more ways than one but I can safely say that I am in a better headspace now than I was back then! I know that’s not saying much mind you but getting married to Makayla helped to refocus me.”

“Getting married does have that affect on people, just look at my marriage to Odette as an example.” Gabriel nodded in agreement after thinking for a minute. “Off course, I’ve been married to Odette since 2014 and your marriage to Makayla isn’t even a year old yet, these things will come in time Charlotte.”

”I don’t doubt that for a second, as for my match against Diamond? The only thing I’m worried about is Christian’s stipulation for the reasons I’ve already mentioned, so long as I get my hands on her and the gemstones are on the other side of the country, there won’t be a problem!” I responded and Gabriel nodded in agreement. ”And we both know that’s easier said than done.”

“If you want evidence of that, look no further than the match that ended Diamond’s reign with the Roulette Title, Kat had to deal with Diamond, Emerald and Ruby on route to winning her first title in SCW.” Gabriel commented with a nod as I thought through my options in my head. “Perhaps this is one area where Christian’s stipulation can work to your advantage?”

”He creates something so fucked up that the Gemstones would rather face Tempest in a handicap match than interfere?” I asked and Gabriel chuckled before nodding. ”Don’t get me wrong, I’d watch that match with a bag of popcorn in my hands, but it’ll take something big to keep them away from me and Diamond’s match! Especially since it was never mentioned if they were banned from ringside.”

“That does seem to be a significant oversight and perhaps your right, Christian does have something in mind to keep Diamond’s band at bay.” Gabriel responded with a nod as I stood up to go resume my training. “All the same, I’d keep my eye out for them if I were you Charlotte, and as for Christian’s stipulation, I might have a solution.”

”I’m listening.” I responded as I folded my arms and turned to my mentor/trainer.

“You spent the second half of 2021 and the first few months of 2022 as the Bombshell Roulette Champion, in that division the competitors don’t know what match they are in for until Ms. Rocky Mountains spins the wheel, unless it’s something that’s become a tradition much like the Ultimate X Over the Pool Matches at Summer XXXTreme off course.” Gabriel explained and I nodded as I started to get the idea. “You achieved remarkable success in that division despite those challenges, if you approach this match like you would a Roulette Rules Match………”

”Then I’ll be prepared for whatever Christian comes up with, at least on paper.” I responded with a nod as I got the idea before I leaned against the wall. ”In practice? If I tweet that idea out then Christian might take it as a challenge and up the stakes considerably.”

“Then feel free to do that, take credit for the idea if you must, see if he takes your bait, either way, you have a tough road of you this week Charlotte.” Gabriel responded as I went to leave his office. “You had best be prepared for a bumpy ride.” Gabriel added and I nodded before I left his office to resume my training.

Krystal and Makayla’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 30th of May 2022, 18:36pm

It felt good to be home.

The Greece Lightning Tour was a mixed bag, for the first time in a year I went a whole cycle without winning a match and whilst I only had two matches throughout that cycle but one was a World Bombshell Championship qualifier and the other was the Queen for a Day Match, two high profile matches in their own right! Greece itself was beautiful and it more than lived up to the hype that Ariana wouldn’t shut up about once the tour was announced (and that was before she got her showcase match and full time SCW contract) but in the end, I was just happy to be back in familiar surroundings.

At least until SCW announces another international tour! Preferably Australia!

”Makayla, I’m home!” I called out to my wife as I entered my house, it didn’t take long for my German Shepherd Puppy Garrus ran up to greet me with his tail wagging and I set my bag down to stroke him. ”Makayla?”

”I’m in the kitchen! Still testing out the slow cooker I got for my birthday!” Makayla responded as she poked her head out from the kitchen and I grinned before following the puppy into the kitchen and kissing my wife. ”I take it you heard the news about your match at Climax Control?” She added as I opened the coke can up and took a sip.

”If you mean that Keira’s out of the match and it’s just me and Diamond then yeah, I heard.” I responded before helping myself to a coke can from the fridge and sitting down at the kitchen table. ”Unless Diamond pulled out and the bosses are scrambling to find a new opponent for me with Amber’s help whilst I was driving home from the Go Gym, I think I’m up to date on everything Climax Control related.”

”At least until another wrestler pulls out, but let’s hope that doesn’t happen.” Makayla responded as she shook her head. ”Least we give Hayley Halsey more fuel.”

”Yeah, I’ve already had enough of that idiot’s tweets for today.” I responded as I shook my head. ”How are Rachel and Cassie doing?”

”Cassie seems to be doing well at Hero Academy, but that shouldn’t be a surprise, Rachel on the other hand?” Makayla said with a deep breath and I braced myself as I went to take a sip out of my drink. ”I think she wants to follow in your footsteps and become a wrestler when she’s older.”

It was touch and go but somehow I was able to avoid spitting out the can’s entire contents onto the kitchen table. ”Please tell me your kidding?!” I asked Makayla and she shook her head. ”Makayla, she has so many health problems that we couldn’t let her go to school after we got custody of her last November and that was when the pandemic was dying down! Besides, how do you know that’s what she wants? She’s three and a half!”

”Charlotte, I heard banging from upstairs earlier, right after you left for the Go Gym, and I went to investigate thinking that either Garrus had accidentally knocked something over or that Rachel had fallen over.” Makayla explained and I nodded as I got the idea. ”Garrus met me at the bottom of the stairs so that ruled the doggo out, and when I went upstairs I saw Rachel practicing wrestling moves on her toys, basic slams mostly but I’ve seen enough matches to be able to tell them apart!”

”And that was where the banging was coming from?” I asked and Makayla nodded. ”She’s seen me wrestle before so it could be a simple case of her imitating what she’s seen her aunt/mom do, if this continues into her pre-teens though? Then we’ll need to have a serious talk with Rachel about it.”

”Agreed, and luckily for us that’s still a quite a few years off! Who knows if SCW will still be around by then?”  Makayla responded with a shrug as she checked on her food. ”Also assuming that schools like Hero Academy and the Go Gym will still be open by then.”

”True, by the time Rachel’s old enough to officially train, Gabriel, Odette and Team Hero will be old enough to collect pensions and Team Hero might officially retire from wrestling by then, they’ll probably still look amazing because Keira and Roxi don’t seem to age but still.” I joked and Makayla chuckled in response. ”Seriously though, much as I hate the cliché. Hopefully, this is just a phase and she’ll be back to playing with her barbies like a normal girl in no time.”

”One can only hope I guess, anyway dinner should be ready soon.” Makayla added and I grinned before taking another sip from my drink.

Go Gym Parking Lot, Las Vegas Nevada
Tuesday the 31st of May 2022, 13:00pm

*promo time*

An old score to settle.

”There is a saying that originates from a French author, now I don’t pretend to understand a word of French so Adrienne, if you’re watching this, don’t worry, I won’t be butchering the French pronunciation! The saying in question is “revenge is a dish best served cold” and it’s an apt saying for my first match since the Greece Lightning Tour, why? Because this is a match I’ve wanted since the Blaze of Glory X Cycle and for one very good reason, this match is against Diamond Steele, the woman who ended my Bombshell Roulette Title Reign.”

But first………

”I’d be remiss if I didn’t point out two key facts about this match, one: this was originally a Triple Threat Match that featured Keira of Team Hero but she had to pull out, still waiting on that tie breaker Keira but I’ll take this match as a consolation prize! The other key fact us that this match was booked by the Queen for a Day Amber Ryan and to make up for the fact that she went ahead and booked Chloe Benton in the opener, she’s letting Christian pick the stipulation for this match!”

Ohhhhhh boy.

”For those who might not remember for whatever reason, Christian gained some notoriety for creating the Scaffold over the Piranha Tank Match! He created that match for Violent Conduct VI back in 2020 and I’m pretty sure that Miles Kasey still has nightmares about that match! And if Christian’s tweets have been any indication, he’s looking to top that match! But do you know what? Fine, if that’s what it takes for me to get my revenge on Diamond Steele then I’ll embrace whatever fucked up stipulation Christian comes up with!”

Back to business.

”And I’m sure that statement won’t come back to bite me in the ass! Anyway, Diamond in case anyone needs a refresher on why I’ve been so fucking eager for any measure of revenge on you, spoiler alert: it has nothing to do with our first match back in November but it has everything to do with how you officiated my last match as Bombshell Roulette Champion! You can try to rewrite history all you want Diamond but the fact is that you screwed me out of what should’ve been my ninth defence against Keira and reaching the three hundred day mark! Was that incident ultimately for the best because it brought me back down to earth? Yeah, it did, however I can hold onto one hell of a grudge!”

Don’t believe me?

”If you don’t believe that for some reason Diamond, ask Char Kwan or Bea Barnhart about the consequences of pissing me off! Or better yet, go back and rewatch the title match between you and Keira at Blaze of Glory X, more specifically, my attack on you after you had won the title! I’m generally a friendly person but if you get on my bad side then you’ll wish that were literally anywhere else on Earth right now than across the ring from me! And to think, you could’ve avoided this by staying out of my business.”

You heard me.

”You got the win over me back in November, fine! I’m through calling that win a fluke, but rather than leaving me and Keira be you decided to stick your nose where it didn’t belong and that caused a domino effect that has led us to this moment! I hope for your sake Diamond that Christian decides that he’s feeling merciful when he comes up with the match type for our match on Sunday because that might just be the one thing that saves you from my wrath!”

Don’t count on it!

”However I have to admit, this isn’t a perfect revenge by any means, no what would make it perfect was if you had retained the Bombshell Roulette Title over Kat and I was serving as your third defence but we both know why that isn’t the case Diamond and besides, it’s like I said on Twitter, as long as literally anyone but you is holding onto a title Diamond then I’ll be happy! Hell, I’d even take a title reign from The Troll over you!”

Yeah, I said it!

”I apologize in advance if that mental image makes anyone wake up in a cold sweat, even if that person is Christian but hey, it needed to be said! And Diamond? This match between us needed to happen sooner or later, we just had to have a queen go mad with power for the second yar in a row for it to happen I guess! But at the end of the day Diamond, you’ll just have one thing to remember when I am kicking your ass on Sunday.”

Just one.

”If you had called the match between me and Keira down the middle then this all could’ve been avoided! Instead, you couldn’t let sleeping dogs lie, you had to get involved, you had to have the wheel land on Diamond’s rules and if the wheel wasn’t rigged to land on that stipulation I‘ll be very surprised, you had to change the match type on a whim just to screw with me and Keira, you had to have the Josie and the Pussycats from Wish Dot Com run constant interference! You had to make my last match as Bombshell Roulette Champion all about you! And when you’re lying there bleeding from whatever fucked up idea Christian has cooked up, maybe, JUST MAYBE, you’ll realize that you made the biggest mistake of your life when you officiated that title match!”

It's that simple.

”That mistake was making an enemy for life out of a graduate of the Go Gym, the very building that I’m cutting my promo in front of, and this Sunday at Climax Control 332 Diamond, you’ll realize too late just how bad an idea that is when I beat you into the ground and win this match! Frankly? I had my nerves about it but since I’m treating Christian’s stipulation like I treated the stipulations on the Roulette Wheel when I was champion and being prepared for anything and everything? There’s nothing too violent that I won’t do to win this match!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”I have a young daughter Diamond, her name’s Rachel, and she’s three and a half, the reason I’m bringing her into this is because I hope to god that I NEVER HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHAT I AM GOING TO DO TO YOU ON SUNDAY NIGHT TO MY DAUGHTER BECAUSE SHE MAY NOT LOOK AT ME THE SAME WAY AGAIN! As I turn the page on this chapter of my SCW Story, it’ll take a sharp detour into the realms of horror usually only seen in the Saw franchise because you Diamond had to go and piss me off! I’ll see you on Sunday bitch!”

I went back into the Go Gym to resume my training as the scene fades.