Author Topic: “NOPE!”  (Read 635 times)

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
“NOPE!”
« on: August 24, 2020, 08:34:55 PM »
(Maki was used with the permission of her handler)

This has officially been the worst fortnight of Jessie’s life, yes, even worse than the initial weeks after the title shot ban of 2018 as Jessie’s life has been made hell by Maki as she has learned just how terrifying the Brighton native can be, so how can things get worse? Well the bosses weren’t waiting until Violent Conduct to put the two Bombshells in a match as this week on Climax Control they would compete in the ring against each other.

Oh and nine other Bombshells, namely Candy, Keira Fisher, Kate Steele, Alicia Lukas, Mercedes Vargas, Andrea Hernandez and Bea Barnhart, that’s right, Jessie and Maki was in the Battle Royal to determine the next challenger after Violet Amelia Holt for Evie Jordan’s World Bombshell Championship (if she was still champion by then) at Violent Conduct! Only problem? Jessie, for the first time in her life, wanted nothing to do with a match that would give her a World Bombshell Title Shot! Can Jessie overcome her fears and win?

Unknown location, unknown place and time

What the hell have I gotten myself into here?

Last thing I remember was dozing off after Climax Control aired (and yes, what Belinda said was true, I wasn’t at the show last night) and I found myself in a dark void with nothing as far as the eye could see, there was no sign of Jake or Shane as far as I could tell, the area was cold and damp, not unlike the interview room when Maki rained down blood all over me and Ms. Rocky Mountains which took forever to get out of my hair thank you very………

Oh shit.

“Maki? I know your in here!” I called out to the void but all I could hear was her demonic laughter, after a few seconds several figures appeared in front of me with their heads down, namely Jake, Shane, Caleb and Katie with a fifth space being left blank. “Guys?”

“You will submit to the fear Jessie.” Shane responded as he slowly raised his head only for his face to be completely replaced with Maki’s. “You can’t escape it.”

“How do you expect to win the Battle Royal when you can’t even conquer your own fear of an opponent?” Jake chimed in and just like Shane Maki’s face had replaced his, I looked over at Katie and Caleb’s faces had been replaced by Maki’s.

“Join us Jessie.” Katie chimed in and I turned to Caleb.

And it was at that point, that I realised that the instrumentals for “This Is Halloween” from The Nightmare Before Christmas were playing in the background, from where? You tell me! “Jessie and Maki are having a bloody feud.
This is certainly something strange
Come with us Jessie and be with Maki
There’s only two months till Halloween

Two months till Halloween, two months till Halloween
Halloween, Halloween……….” I was about ready to punch his lights out before the figures all disappeared, and right in front of me was Maki herself.

“What the fuck do you want Maki?!” I demanded as I stared down the recently signed English Bombshell and she let out an evil laugh.

“Your soul!” Maki responded before lunging at me.

Jessie’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 24th of January 2020, 800am

I awoke with a start and quickly realised that it was a nightmare, that just so happened to feature several people I know very well ranging from my husband and my step brother to a married couple that I’m at the very least on decent terms with, and then there was Maki.

“I swear to god, when I do retire, I’m asking Mark where the fuck he finds these weirdos!” I grumbled under my breath before swinging my legs over and getting out of bed.

*about an hour later*

I tried to go back to sleep after I realized how early it was but I had no such luck and eventually decided to just head downstairs after getting dressed and going through my morning routine, by the time Shane and Jake had woken up I was in the kitchen playing on my Nintendo Switch with the volume muted.

“Morning Jess?” Shane greeted me in a confused state and I nearly jumped out of my skin when I heard his voice. “You’re up early?”

“Yeah, I know, I usually have a lie in the day following a show, or a concert for that matter with the only exception being Bloodstock, god I miss concerts.” I groaned before I started scratching my eyes. “And I’ll give you one guess as to whose to blame for it.”

“Maki?” Jake asked and I nodded in response and they quickly got the idea. “You had a nightmare about her?”

“One of the weirdest fucking nightmares I’ve had in a long time, probably up there with the nightmares I had when I was still a recovering drug addict.” I admitted before turning off the Switch and putting it on charge. “And if your about to suggest going back to bed, don’t, tried going back to sleep twice once I realised how early it was and you can see the fucking results.” I added before Shane started getting breakfast ready. “It gets weirder, you guys were in the dream as well, as were Caleb and Katie.”

“What was Caleb singing?” Shane asked with an annoyed sigh and I shook my head.

“The opening chorus to “The is Halloween”, you know, Nightmare Before Christmas?” I asked and Shane nodded once he got the idea. “He didn’t get past that bit but more importantly, and I know this is going to sound weird, was the fact that all your faces had been replaced by Maki’s.” I added earning looks that could only be described as “what the actual fuck?!” from my male companions. “It looked really fucking weird on the guys since Shane and Caleb are 6ft 2 and Jake’s 6ft 10.”

“Yeah, I don’t think I’d be able to get any sleep after that either and I’m an army veteran who served two tours in Iraq!” Jake nodded in agreement as he sat down opposite me. “Believe me, I’ve seen stuff scarier than Maki!”

“Yeah but you’re not the Professional Wrestler in this house, I am!” I pointed out as I used my thumb to point towards me. “I was half tempted to ask you for advice for dealing with Maki after my attack on her two weeks ago, now I’m serious about it.”

“Except my techniques for dealing with Maki would likely get you disqualified.” Jake pointed out and I had to admit, he had a point. “Besides, your facing her in the Battle Royal which features seven other Bombshells, I know you initially said that you wanted nothing to do with it but for all you know Maki might get tossed out before you have to deal with her.” Jake added and I had to admit, he had a point. “And if all else fails, you could always ask Delia Darling for help.”

“Oh, yeah, I’m sure she’d love that!” I responded whilst making it clear just how much I hated the idea of asking for advice from the former leader of the Mean Girls. “I was one of the most vocal enemies of the Mean Girls when they were still a thing, the day I ask the former leader for advice with anything, let alone wrestling, is the day that hell freezes over and I become a Monkey’s Uncle.”

“Don’t you mean Monkey’s Aunt?” Shane corrected me and I shook my head. “Oh, right, that sounds weird, forget I said anything! If nothing else at least try to enjoy breakfast.” Shane added before plating up our breakfast and putting it on the table in front of us. “By the way, you did put the outfit you wore to the interview straight in the wash when we got back, right?”

“Whilst blood stained clothing is metal as fuck, walking around in it raises awkward questions from the police.” I deadpanned in response getting a laugh out of them before I went on to enjoy breakfast

*later*

It was now eleven o’clock and despite everything, I was somehow productive enough to get a promo done for the Battle Royal, how? How the fuck do I know?

“You’ve all seen the tweet Shane put out after the show last night and at the time? It was true, for the first time in my SCW career I wanted nothing to do with a Number One Contender’s Match for the World Bombshell Championship, so what changed? Why don’t you ask Maki? She somehow invaded my dreams last night and now I set here on barely any decent amount of sleep about to talk trash about her, Mercedes Vargas, Andrea Hernandez, Candy, Keira Fisher, Kate Steele, Alicia Lukas and Bea Barnhart! God fucking help me!”

No prizes for guessing who I’m kicking off with.

“First up on the chopping block is the woman who’s out to make my life a living hell all because I fucking slipped in the Ultimate X Over the Pool Match, that’s right it’s Maki and at first, I thought you were just another in a long line of freaks and weirdos that have been signed to SCW since they first opened their doors, that is until you took a vested interest in me because of what happened at Summer XXXTreme! All I’m going to say is that the sooner I can eliminate you and put you out of my mind, the better!”

Next up is Keira.

“And don’t think I’ve forgotten about the third challenger in that match for the Bombshell Roulette Championship, how could I after all the history we’ve had Keira? And yet here you are, once again chasing a title you can’t win because you’ll forever be in Roxi Johnson’s shadow! But then again, after her loss to Johanna last night I’m not so sure if she’s as good as she used to be but that’s a story for another time!”

And speaking of washed up has-beens.

“From one has-been to another and this time, we’ve got a latin flair with Mercedes Vargas, seriously Mercedes, when are you going to retire and just accept your role as SCW’s historian? Oh sure, you beat Bea Barnhart! Please excuse me for a moment whilst I pretend to be impressed that you beat a Barnhart! The only thing more pathetic than you trying to hold on to whatever relevancy you have left is Bea’s win-loss record!”

Speaking of Bea.

“I have to wonder what exactly makes Bea Barnhart qualified to be in this match when you look at the rest of the competitors, multiple time champions, an impressive newcomer and then, there’s you! Coincidentally you and your husband Bill are the only ones in this match who think you stand a chance of winning this match and, well, your just going to have to have to file this away in the ever growing file of Barnhart disappointments!”

Next up is Candy.

“It’s funny, because if it wasn’t for your impressive reign with the Bombshell Roulette Championship Candy, I would’ve lumped you right in with Bea as the most unqualified wrestlers in this match but before you celebrate, just remember that you escaped that designation by a slim margin because you haven’t done anything of note since then aside from feud with Violet Amelia Holt and I don’t see that changing anytime soon!”

Next up is Alicia.

“I was debating leaving Alicia for last, after all she was the last person I faced for the World Bombshell Championship last year and what a coincidence, that was also in the lead up to Violent Conduct, funny how fate works huh? So, I bet the question on your mind is “what’s changed in a year”? Well aside from the better win-loss record over Sam Marlowe, maybe the possibility that you’ve lost your edge Alicia? I mean, you didn’t win the title back on your first try this time and you’ll just have to wait for your second try!”

Next up is Andrea.

“In a way I envy Andrea, for one very obvious reason, she did what I couldn’t go back in 2017 and that was win the World Bombshell Championship on her first try and credit where it’s do, you held onto it for as long as you could but the fact that your in this match and not facing Violet speaks volumes, will you get another shot at Evie Andrea? I don’t think so, not when I’ve been hungrier for it and wanted it for longer!”

Finally, is Kate.

“How I lasted this long with my sanity intact, I don’t know but it’s fitting that I’m wrapping this up with someone who I once considered a friend, then you went and attacked Belinda and that went out the window Kate, but the real question is, will be thrown out of the match as quickly as I threw out our friendship? Only one way to find out and that involves the Battle Royal, hope you’ve got your frequent flyer miles Kate because I’ll be sending you flying out of the ring!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“When I saw that I was in the same match as Maki my initial reaction was “NOPE!” but now that I’ve had time to sleep in it and realize that there’s seven other Bombshells in the match thus increasing the likelihood of Maki getting thrown out first, things started to look up and I’m looking past not only Maki but Keira, Mercedes, Bea, Candy, Andrea, Alicia and Kate and towards finally winning what’s mine! This is the Unsainted Angel Jessie Salco signing off……...”

Right as I was about to finish Maki’s demonic laughter rang out, complete with a flash of thunder.

“And I’m not the least bit intimidated by Maki or anyone else in this match! Though I won’t exactly complain if Maki gets thrown out early either!”

I walked off as the scene fades.