Author Topic: Endeavor XIX  (Read 509 times)

Online Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Endeavor XIX
« on: August 21, 2020, 11:58:36 PM »
[size=10]Blog: Almighty Fire[/size]
semana del 16 al 23 de agosto de 2 0 2 0[/font]

“The art of losing isn’t hard to master;
so many things seem filled with the intent
to be lost that their loss is no disaster…
Lose something every day. Accept the fluster
of lost door keys, the hour badly spent.
The art of losing isn’t hard to master
though it may look like (Write it!) like disaster.”

– One Art (By Elizabeth Bishop)

Another year, another loss at Summer XXXtreme. Go figure.

At least I had an excuse last year. This time last year, I entered Summer XXXtreme Bombshell Roulette Champion and I had to defend against multiple challengers in the Ultimate X Over the Pool. Two weeks ago I had no excuse. Two weeks ago I was one three count away from finally putting Christina behind me. Two weeks ago, I had Christina Rose right where I wanted her, and I let her off the hook.

When I said that Christina wasn't going sleaze her way out of another match, I meant it. When I said she wasn't going to get off that easy, I meant it. She wanted to walk out of that cruise ship, she wasn't simply going to get by with half the effort. She had to work twice as hard that night to earn it.

So another chapter is written. May not be the way I drew it up, not the conclusion I hoped for, not the outcome I wanted, but we have to move on. I have to move on. It's necessary. Time is running out and there's still so much left to do. I've had too many opportunities slip through my fingers, matches I should have won, championships I should have around my waist, records and accolades that should have been broken. I'm sorry if this gets personal it's just all over the place right now. I've hit my breaking point and need to let it out. I'm sorry again if it's too long you don't have to read it all...

No, you know what? Fuck it, I'm done apologizing.

I've been in this company for a long time. Seven years, to be exact. That's longer than any place I've ever been employed in my career, by far. And for seven of the 11 years I've been in this industry, I've practically done it all in Sin City Wrestling. I've made moments, I've set and shattered records, you've seen me be a part of the most dominant stables in SCW history and I held my own during and after the both times it ended. As a matter of fact, I'm the last ex-member still on the active roster. The names change, the faces change, but for the seven years I've been here, you never saw me without a championship around my waist. Hasn't been done before, hasn't been done since. I've been nothing but successful, year after year after year. Regardless of what my win-loss record says.

This year has seen me fall more times than I can count, and I know a lot of people are tap dancing on my grave.

But little did they know, I'm not dead yet. 

And as for Bea…

Looks like you found yourself in a very tough spot this weekend, sweetheart. Not only do you have a losing streak a mile wide, but you get me inside the six-sided ring. And I'm not in a very good mood. And when I'm not in a very good mood, bad things happen. Especially when it comes to people like you.

I don't know how or why you're got to challenge for the Bombshell Roulette Championship but then again I don't book the matches. Maybe Mark and Christian' should start a Kickstarter campaign for you to never get another title match again, but I'm not holding my breath.

I know you're ready and waiting. I know you see blood in the water and are just ready for the final kill. I hope you get that chance but just know that  you're going to be in for a long night because on Sunday, you're not getting Mercedes Vargas, the SCW Hall of Famer. You're not getting Mercedes Vargas, the only 12-time champion in history. You're not getting Mercedes Vargas, the Argentine Assassin. What you're getting, Bea, is just a Bombshell, a Latina, a woman. A dangerous woman with nothing to lose, so play that hand, roll the dice, and we'll see if the house wins.

I may not be in the main event scene, or holding a title, or even the top title, but that still doesn't mean I can't mess your day up. Yeah, I'm in a slump. Yeah, I only have one win to my name, but you know that can't last forever, and you should be downright scared, you should be damn near terrified. You really don't know what you got yourself into. Any doubts you have about my competitive drive before Climax Control will disappear when I whip your ass like a red-headed stepchild, cabrón because I will be damned if you’re going to beat me. And yet I rolled through the punches when most would have cracked or given up. Fighting and surviving go hand in hand and that is what makes my resilience unstoppable than any opponent standing in my way. I don't give up, I don't give in, I don't back down and I sure as hell don't quit. Because if I can deal with all of that, if I can survive all of that in almost two years since I got here, Bea, than I can survive beating you this Sunday. I've faced worst odds, battled through cracked ribs and being put through flaming tables. I've dodged the shots fired by every mealy mouth bitch on the roster. And for every loss, I get up, dust myself off and keep going. Nothing hasn't changed.

So, Bea Barnhart, do your worst, because even at your best, I'll be prepared for it. Like it or not, believe it or not, Lady Luck won't be helping you this time around so you might as well prepare for the disappointment heading your way. There's no getting over, under, around or through it.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best...

And may the odds be ever in your favor.

>~~~

L O S A N G E L E S • C A L I F O R N I A

The strain of violin music floats in the night air. The exclusive restaurant is relatively quiet for a Thursday evening with the chatter of other guests enjoying their dinner and the quality service that a competitive establishment demands. Mercedes, Ricardo, and Tomas are already at a table in the Chinese restaurant

Mercedes: They're still performing? I don't get it. Can they still be New Kids if they are damn near 50?

Tomas: If Vanilla Ice can still hit Ice Ice Baby and Smashmouth can perform at a motorcycle festival, than I don't think we should cancel 2020 just yet.

Ricardo: They cancelled everything else.

Mercedes: Anyone ever tell you should run for mayor?

Ricardo: Politics, not my thing.

Mercedes: Where is someone? I'm starving.

Ricardo: We're kind of low on funds and the check is here. Where's the manager?

Tomas gestures across the room.

Tomas: I think that's the manager over there.

Ricardo: You thinking what I'm thinking?

Tomas: Dine-and-dash?

Mercedes: Excuse me? Oh, no, no. I will not play in your reindeer games. What if we got caught?

Ricardo: What if we don't?

Mercedes: I can't go to jail. Nothing good ever happens there.

Ricardo: So you have been to jail before? Who knew Mercedes was a jailbird?

Mercedes: It wasn't my fault, first of all. Secondly, my brother scared people in the airport when he ordered a Jägerbomb at the airport and someone overhead and caused a scene. Come on, Richie. We're better than this.

Ricardo: Well unless we can split 100 dollars, we're planning our getaway.

Mercedes: Where's Hugo?

Tomas: I don't know, he said he was running late or something. I'll have to call him, tell him we're we are. 

Ricardo: Look, if we don't get going, we're not going to make it to the movie. So are you in or not?

Mercedes: Really? Is that a risk you want to take?

Ricardo: Yes. Watch and learn, my friends, watch and learn.

Ricardo pulls back his chair, makes a spin move to avoid a waitress and calmly walks towards the exits. A female receptionist and two waiters greet him.

Receptionist: Can I help you?

Ricardo: Uh, yeah. Could you tell me what year this is on the Chinese calendar? I'm not sure if it's the Year of the Rabbit or The Year of the Cat.

The woman starts talking to the two waiters in Chinese. Ricardo understandably is confused even trying to catch on. She smiles at Ricardo.

Receptionist: How would you like to spend the night washing dishes?

Smiling nervously, Ricardo backs away gracefully and promptly returns to the table where Mercedes and Tomas looked on.

Tomas: What happened?

Ricardo: Looks like we're going to take a raincheck on that movie, guys.

Mercedes: Ugh! This is why we can't have nice things!

>~~~

S A N T A M O N I C A • C A L I F O R N I A

[size=10]It's Not Whether You Win or Lose: Gatekeeper the Sixteenth: Mentiras, Malditas Mentiras (Lies, Damned Lies...)[/size]

[REC]

"Some things are better left unsaid, but you can bet I'm going to say it anyway. I can't help being who I am."

The camera tilts upward, showing Mercedes Vargas at Santa Monica Pier walking along the pier. There's a low tide on the beach west of here as we see several tourist spending a lazy weekend.

"So I've been doing a lot of thinking this week, a lot of soul searching after my loss to Christina. Which is why I came here."

Mercedes turns her side and points at the Pier. 

"I came here to find peace of mind, but also absolution. I think back to our match two weeks ago and I wonder if Christina will ever forgive me for how I treated her over the years. Despite the fact that I can answer my own question, the way I see it, she can really give a shit just so long as she walked away with another win at my expense. It's Christina. And I'm going to leave it at that.

"I didn't think I would have a match this weekend, certainly didn't think it would be against someone I've never faced before, but here we are. Now, I can't say I know Bea Barnhart personally, but I'm willing to bet she's gotta be loving this. Sure our match is early in the show and this is supposedly some kind of proving ground match to see if we're worthy to be chosen for the big battle royal coming up to decide who Evie faces next for her World Bombshell Championship, but it's more than likely we're also fighting for her entertainment.

"And the all-important 18-34 male demographic. Because, you know, they're people too."

She shrugs her shoulders. Besides making the social media trends, the demo is the most important in wrestling circles these days. At least, that's what she's seen in more mainstream companies these days.

"I can understand how some people are wondering, 'Well, by golly, how in the world did Mercedes get into this match? Surely, SCW could do better'. Surely, they could have chosen someone else, right? I'm not really sure if she's pulling an act or if she's really that stupid, but she's made a believer out of me."

Could you imagine if Mercedes were to lose? Her reputation would be ruined. Her street cred would be revoked. She'd have end-of-days depression! We can't go that far, but it is possible

"Don't get me wrong, I fully expect Bea to give her all and put up as much of a struggle as she can, but in the end, it won't matter. It's obvious that she needs this match in the worst way, but there's not much more I can say that's going to change the outcome Sunday. She's not competition, she's not even a contender. What she is, is just a fringe in the division whose existence doesn't matter in the least unless the top brass remembers she's still on the company payroll. In any event, Bea is rearing to go. She wants to live up to her namesake, and I kinda hope she does. She hasn't had the best of luck since she debuted but the girl has more wins then I do, so there's that."

She runs a hand through her hair. She knew this wasn't going to be easy with the slump she was in, but hell or high water, Mercedes Vargas was going to make it to Climax Control.

"Bea, I'm almost surprised you've stuck it out for this long because most girls like you usually don't last, but kudos to you. Thing is, we're kind of in the same boat, aren't we? You haven't exactly been setting the world on fire and the last time you won a singles match was back at the first pay-per-view of the year. Are you sure running your mouth is such a good idea? Shake your head no, Bea.

"It's not a good idea, sweetheart. And this weekend, you're about to find out why that is. And maybe, just maybe, a little humility will be good for you. I know it will be for me.

I can't lose to you. I'm Mercedes Vargas. And you're... well, you're Bea Barnhart. Don't worry, I'll remind you where your place is on the SCW roster. It will be my honor."

Mercedes crosses her arms and looks away defiantly, before looking back at the camera.

"Long before you knew, and long after you remember."

"See you Sunday!"

***Fade***

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)