Author Topic: Mercedes Vargas V Melody Grace  (Read 1463 times)

Offline Mark Ward

• Not just a boss, THE boss
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hot Stuff Mark Ward
Mercedes Vargas V Melody Grace
« on: October 06, 2019, 02:58:31 PM »
 Post all roleplays for this match here.

Limits: 1 roleplay per week. 10,000 words maximum.

Good luck!  
>

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee

*NOTE: No longer giving feedback, if you wasn't good enough, you wouldn't be here.
No longer doing show reviews, I already know we're that damn good!

Offline Melody Grace

• RAINBOWS!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Melody Grace
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 07:12:10 PM »
 OMG HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII! HELLO!!! It’s been a while. I mean by a while it’s been YEARS since I have had the chance to step foot inside a Sin City Wrestling ring. Well at no fault to the SCW owners Mark Ward and Christian Underwood, my contract did run out and well, I took some time to regroup and refocus. My time away from the ring also blessed me with the greatest accomplishment of my life and that was becoming a mother. I am so grateful that my little bundle of joy James Jnr picked me of all people to be his mother. Life outside of Sin City Wrestling hasn’t been boring, it hasn’t been a full-blown vacation as some people make it out to be. It has been filled with ups and downs, it’s come with the good and bad of life but nothing and I mean NOTHING shadows the fact that I became a mother.

People can trash talk all they want about my accomplishments inside the six-sided ring, but all championships pale in comparison to having a beautiful one-year old son who looks up at me as if I’m the sunshine of his life.

I took a much time away from the ring as I needed because let’s face it, I don’t need to run back into work for the money. I didn’t need to run back to get inside the ring because I was out of a job. I stayed away from the ring for so long because my focus was else where my dedication was on my family and I don’t care if people want to use that to rip me apart, being a stay at home mommy is what I wanted to do, and I don’t apologize for it. And I never will.

What I have learnt from my time away from the ring is that people don’t change they stay the same and many of the Sin City Wrestling bombshells that I worked with back in the day are still banging the same old drum. They are still the same old same old, no one is willing to change no one is willing to develop and it’s sickening. The world is forever changing and it’s about time that certain Bombshells take a leaf out of Mother Nature’s book and do the same.

Take Mercedes Vargas for example the most decorated women in Sin City Wrestling history a woman who doesn’t need to toot her own horn but continues week in and week out to remind us of how damn good she really is. WE KNOW… we got the memo. Yet, while she is so busy on reliving her past accomplishments she has forgotten to walk towards the future, she has forgotten to put one foot in front of the other and move on to the next step. Mercedes should be reaching for the top, she should be knocking at Alicia’s door and yet here she was standing in the ring just begging for an open challenge, meanwhile calling herself the back bone of this company.

I mean it worked out perfectly for me, because I have said for years that I would love to face Mercedes in my last ever match for Sin City Wrestling and because Mercedes refuses to take a leap of faith towards how great she could be in the here and now moving towards the future. All because she refuses to move away from long forgotten history, she gifted this opportunity to me on a silver platter. A one on one match, the match I have been waiting years to happen.

I have told the world on multiple occasions that Mercedes Vs Melody would be my last hurrah, and no one believed it. Not even Mercedes. Hell, I reached out to Mercedes on Twitter several times in the lead up to Summer XXXTreme trying to catch her eye and bring on a match between the both of us, but she ghosted that idea, she ghosted me and unlike the rest of the bombshells who would have walked away and left it dead and buried… I waited until the perfect time.

You see history repeats itself, when Mercedes loses a championship, she always comes out swinging the following show demanding the fans remember all that she has done for this company. She reminds the bombshells out back that she is the bar and just every now and then she puffs her chest out to show her dominance but in all her bragging and boasting sometimes the mouth runs harder and faster than her legs can carry her. Climax Control 246 Mercedes came out swinging, she called herself the champion of champions, the back bone of the women’s division and the one who defeats all that stands before her because she is the greatest woman in Sin City Wrestling history.

Well my little brunette friend, let me remind you that you haven’t, and you will never beat me. You can talk all you want about people being unable to lace their boots like you can but trust me… ring rust or not, I’m going to defeat you at High Stakes just simply so I can remind you of what it’s like to have a kryptonite. I Melody Grace Carpenter Huntington Hawkes number 1 will ALWAYS be the thorn in your side. I will always be the one that you come face to face with and you can’t out match. I am your greatest villain, me little old me… the woman you have tore down for weeks the woman you have under sold week in and week out. The woman who you have claimed didn’t do anything for the women’s division whilst I was here. You make me laugh, you really do how you bang on about how all your title reigns out weigh mine and yet my one reign seemed to basically double yours when it comes to the Sin City Wrestling World Bombshell Championship, but yes continue to belittle me. Continue to try and rattle my cage because once High Stakes rolls around, you’re going to resume the position that you always do when you and I face off together… you’ll be second best and I’ll be that retired mom getting her arm raised in victory.

You’ll all see just exactly what I’m still capable of doing inside the six-sided ring in just a few short weeks at High Stakes IX live from the Blaisdell Arena in Honolulu Hawaii. That’s the cold hard FACTS.

Beverley Hills, California – Induction jitters.

It was sunny in California but to be fair, it was like that most days especially in the Huntington Hawkes Mansion. The scene opened inside the lavish open plan living style kitchen that was the hub of James and Melody’s home. The TV was on in the living room, buzzing in the background the morning news playing, there was nothing out of the normal for these two. Since becoming parents their lives had become a little more structed with routine based around James Junior’s sleep patterns but together, they had made it work with such ease. James was knocking about the kitchen, pressing his right index finger on the holy on button on the espresso machine while Melody sat at the breakfast bar. A bowl of muesli in front of her, a glass of green celery juice that James couldn’t help but turn his nose up at. Yet his wife wasn’t her usually chatty self this morning, as she was head down in a note pad, pencil in hand while looking feverish as she thought of what to write.

J2H: You know if you keep staring at the blank page, I’m sure the words will just form themselves.

His voice was harsh, but he followed it up with a smile, making sure the Melody knew that he was just having a go at her. Melody just looked up at him, seeing him across the kitchen with a coffee now in hand. Melody rolled her eyes before returning them to the note pad before her.

Melody: It must be perfect, Jam. PERFECT!

The tone of her voice was filled with stress, he could tell that he had put some pressure on asking her to do his induction speech for the SCW Hall of Fame. Melody couldn’t believe it she thought for sure James would ask his trainer Austin Parker or his Bodyguard Simpson but never in a million years did she think he would choose her. Melody had a million words she could say about James, she was forever praising him and his career but now when she looked down at the lined paper, she thought for sure the lines were laughing at her. Melody’s attention was so focused on the notepad that she had missed seeing James walk up and take a seat beside her.

J2H: Can you please stop stressing, you’re going to be fine babe. You know me better than anyone, that’s why I picked you. You’re the only one I can trust with this. I get that there is a lot to write about when it comes to me, I mean look at me and what I’ve done for SCW… but none of it matters if I can’t have my hot wife brag about it and induct me into the Hall of Fame.

His glance met hers before he planted his lips in the center of her forehead.

J2H: Plus think of it this way, your induction speech will set it all up perfectly for when I shut down the Hall of Fame for good.

Melody looked at his eyes as they glimmered with confidence. That was one of things she loved about him the most, sure to others he was a big self-centered jack ass but to her, he was perfect. Melody had always looked past the man that James was to everyone else, because when it came to them being alone, he wasn’t the same guy he was on TV and Twitter. James was a gentle husband that would move heaven and hell to make his wife happy. He was the sweetest and adoring father a woman could ask for with their son, but she knew in the public Sin City Wrestling eye he had to the best of the best and nothing would ever change that.

Melody: I just don’t want to embarrass you. I mean let’s be one hundred here, there are parts of your early days in SCW that are critical moments in your career that you don’t want spoken of again, but I feel like if I miss them out, people will only get half the story.

James features hardened he knew exactly what his wife was talking about, he knew those memories all too well as they constantly reminded him to work harder every day.

J2H: Too be honest, I would prefer if those earlier days weren’t spoken about at all… but it is what it is Mel. You can’t gloss over them, they are apart of my history. Embarrassing as those moments are, they don’t compare to the embarrassing moments I made others feel. So, don’t stress about it. You could never embarrass me.

He said with a cool boy wink, before his pushed a strand of her long blonde hair behind her ear.

Melody: I mean you say that, but I’m pretty sure I embarrass you on the daily. Like when I make you a custom Halloween costume and make you wear it because it will ruin the family photos if you don’t?

It was her turn to wink at him. It wasn’t bad Melody knew James wasn’t ashamed of her. It was just Melody was more open and out there than James and she was constantly doing wacky things that made James cringe at times, like when she went on Fear Factor, the way she used to be carried to the ring by shirtless unicorn men. The way she hung out with Despy and the two of them would always be into trouble together. As painful as it was to watch sometimes for James, his knew that he had picked a wild one to settle down with her independent nature was what made him fall in love with her more and more each day.

J2H: That’s not happening. Ever. Now that’s enough staring at a blank piece of paper for today. You need to finish your breakfast and get dressed, we have a full-on day today. Someone decided it was a good idea to climb back into the ring after a two-year break and should probably hit the ropes before High Stakes. You also have that god awful catch up with Pussy Willows. I’ll take James to get ice cream for that.

He pushed the notepad away from her before giving her a little nudge with his elbow.

Melody: Hey now, that’s not fair. I’ve been training since I could after giving birth to our son there is no ring rust on me.

Melody smiled brightly, she was proud to say that. Every mention of being a mother was enough to wash away all her fears and insecurities.

J2H: You and I know that babe, but the rest of the world thinks you coming back to High Stakes was way over your head. How sadly they will be mistaken when you wipe the floor clean with Mercedes in Hawaii.

James finished his coffee before reaching over to pluck the pencil out of Melody’s hand, rolling it across the stone kitchen counter. Melody just watched it roll away before she turned back towards her husband with a massive smile.

Melody: Looks like High Stakes will be both our nights.

J2H: When isn’t it our night?

His confident smirk was plastered on his face.

Melody: If you keep that smile up, it could be your morning as well.

That trademark smirk didn’t go anywhere and before he could say anything else Melody had slide across her chair and moved towards her husband. His right arm came up and draped around her shoulders as Melody looked up into his eyes before she gently planted her lips on his. It didn’t take long for the happy couple to be dueling in a good old fashion make out, but as they say sometimes with kids around passion can be short lived. The sound of James Junior calling out for his mother from the other room pricked at both of their ears. Breaking the kiss apart James just looked at his wife and smiled.

J2H: He could just be testing his little voice out?

James brought his lips back to his wife’s breaking them apart gently to continue their embrace. It didn’t take long before James Junior’s call out to get louder and louder each time he called for his mother. On the fourth call Melody pulled away from the kiss and smiled.

Melody: Mommy duty calls.

She gently brushed her lips over his once more before she slid off the chair and left the room in a rush to go and collect their son from his room. James Junior was still a party animal who was awake most the night but had a decent sleep in every morning it didn’t help taking him across the way and having him on tour with them but Melody and James both knew a few more days of this and their son would be back in his normal routine and everything in the Huntington Hawkes Household would return to normal. All so it could be muddled up again when they family moved down to Hawaii for High Stakes where Mommy Mel would be wrestling for the first time in two years and Daddy James would be inducted into the Sin City Wrestling Hall of Fame all the while James Junior was living his best life at 16 months old and seeing the world.

Beverley Hills, California - The Podcast Volume 1 – Part 1.

Melody was back in her Beverley Hills Mansion; however, her husband and son were nowhere to be seen. It was just her sitting on a chair, while two other people moved around her. One was fixing her hair and make up while the other one was busy adjusting the small black microphone that was pinned to the front of her plain white AJE shirt. To the left of her chair was a small round table and sitting on the other side of that round table was Sin City Wrestling backstage interviewer Pussy Willow. As the sound guy moved away from Melody, he gave Pussy the thumbs up to let her know that she was all good to go. Meanwhile the makeup lady moved away after brushing the same strand of curled blonde hair behind Melody’s ear for what felt like the 5th time. Once they were all off the scene Melody turned to look at one of her longest friends in the business and gave her a heart felt smile. Pussy just reached across the table and gave Melody’s hand a little squeeze before she kicked this one off.

Pussy: Welcome to the first ever Pussy Willow podcast for Sin City Wrestling. Joining me today is none other then SCW’s Little Miss Sunshine Melody Grace. Thank you for allowing me into your home Melody.

Melody: No problem, thank you for choosing me as your first guest on your very own podcast. It’s such an honor.

The two girls smiled at one another before Pussy did what she did best and drove straight into some hard-hitting questions.

Pussy: In just under two weeks’ time, you’re going to get back inside a SCW ring and go toe to toe with one of the most decorated females in the business Mercedes Vargas… it must be an exciting time for you?

Melody: You could say that, it’s also a little daunting but I’ve been the one to back down from a challenge so here goes nothing.

A gentle giggle left Melody’s lips as she replied.

Pussy: A challenge is putting it lightly as you picked Mercedes to be your last ever opponent for your retirement match, what was going through your mind when you picked her?

Melody: Well I’ve said it multiple times but I’ll say it again I’ve always wanted Mercedes to be my last every opponent, she’s one of the greatest in Sin City Wrestling you can’t deny that but I always feel like there is this certain buzz that happens when Mercedes and I step in side the ring together. It’s like we bring out the best in each other, however… seven out of seven times I’ve beaten her.

She pushed a strand of blonde hair out of her face and tucked it behind her ear. While the microphones were recording, the cameras were also rolling to get this one online for the SCW audience to watch live.

Melody: Now, some people might think I picked her because eight out of eight sounds great. HA that rhymed. But that’s not why I picked her. You see I know Mercedes desperately wants to put my name on that long list of hers and I wanted to give her one final chance to put my name on it. My return wasn’t to downgrade her accomplishments, it was gift that I wrapped so she could have one last attempt of putting my name on her list. I mean, it’s a little offensive that I’m not on the list… I’m on a lot of lists, like the YSL fashion show list, the list of celebrities never allowed back into sea world but HEY… I thought I better give the girl a chance to right her wrongs.

Melody chuckled before she paused and let Pussy take in everything she had just blurted out, after all Melody did love to ramble on and on.

Pussy: Are you saying you want to be on the long list of Mercedes?

Melody playfully rolled her eyes before she clicked her tongue off her white teeth.

Melody: There is no way my name is ever going on to that long laundry list of people. I’m just saying I’m going to give Mercedes one last chance to try and put my name on there.

Pussy: Somehow, I don’t think Mercedes’ see this match as a gift to her.

Melody: She should be thanking me, instead of going after my husband and son. I didn’t come back to Sin City Wrestling to start a war with insults with Mercedes and it’s saddens me knowing that she took it this far but trust me… she’ll learn the hard way at High Stakes that she should have NEVER spoken about my son. In fact, she should have kept his presence out of her mouth.

Pussy just smiled at Melody, before she continued.

Pussy: What about the things she said about your husband?

Melody: James is a grown man, he can handle himself. So, Mercedes can fire all the shots she wants at me with his name, it’s not like I haven’t heard them all before. It’s wash, rinse, repeat around here sometimes when you have a partner in the same company as you, everyone thinks they can use that against you… people need to know it holds no weight on my shoulders when people call me a gold digger or James’ leech. I know the truth about our healthy loving relationship and that’s all the matters.

Pussy: Moving away from that, what are your thoughts on Mercedes saying that you have done nothing memorable in your career in Sin City Wrestling?

A defeated sigh left Melody’s lips before she carefully thought of a reply to this question.

Melody: I mean she might be right inside the ring, I wasn’t the best of the best. I didn’t win all the big matches I didn’t carry around titles week in and week out. I did however bust my ass week in and week out for the fans… I made sure I put it all on the line inside the six-sided ring I made sure I did my best to entertain the fans and I did a mighty fine job of it. I had things done to me no others could even imagine from being kidnapped by Misty, to being man handled by Crystal. Outside of the ring I did some of the most out there promotional videos… I picked up hitch hikers with yourself in my yellow love bug, I made a secret group with the surf boys, I joined forces with Misty and Roxi and became the SCW Power puff girls, I was on Fear Factor, I paved paths for my other Sin City Wrestling co workers to branch out and do new and exciting things. I don’t toot my own horn enough, but I helped put the Bombshells on the map in a time where we were all getting over shadowed by the Mean girls and Mikah. I came from nothing, I got my start in Sin City Wrestling as a crazed fan girl of Odette Ryder now Stevens. So for Mercedes to try and write off my career as nothing? Just because I’m not Hall of Fame standard doesn’t me that I did nothing for SCW. If that’s how Mercedes really feels she can tuck her tail between her legs and back off.

Pussy reached out and held onto Melody’s hand as she could sense that her work daughter was getting a little heated. Meanwhile in the background the sound of the front door opening and shutting pricked at both of there ears. Followed by the sound of James Junior’s adorable childish giggle.

Pussy: Well, I know you want to continue with this interview, but I on the other hand want to go see what your adorable son is laughing about... how about we take a little break.

Pussy winked at Melody who just smiled back at her thankful to have a life long friend like her in her life. As the two girls exchanged a smile the crew walked in to disconnect their microphones so they could have a short break.

Tune back in next week for part 2.  
>

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 11:58:03 PM »
 Blog: Almighty Fire
semana del 5 al 12 de octubre de 2 0 1 9

Some losses only serve to make people stronger. 

A lot of people in my position would have hung up their boots right there and become a “former SCW talent.” Me? I'm determined than most people give me credit for, and I hardly get credit for anything in this company.

There isn’t a star on the current roster, much less in the history of Sin City Wrestling, who has done more and is more important to the company than yours truly. So it's not lost on me why I've become hated by many fans, the locker room and even former talent because of my continuous dominance and ability to back it up day in and day out. I get that there's people who don't like the way I do things. There's people that don't like my personality and find my voice grating, even annoying. And to them, I say 'thank you.' Because as long as I'm on the roster, you're going to be listening to this grating, annoying little voice until the time comes when either I go or this promotion goes. And there's a good chance I'll be long gone before that ever happens. Of course that would make everyone happy, wouldn't it?

Forget the win-loss record this year, forget the history I've made. Just remember the many times people have claimed over and over and over how much they hated me and the subtle jabs thrown my way. And, see, the thing is, I'm not doing this for attention, I'm not being controversial for the sake of being controversial, but people are just making it all too easy. Whether it's a simple interview or behind the camera, a promo or on social media, the simple fact is, none of you on this roster will EVER get rid of me.

That's not delusion, that's not even an opinion.

That's a fact. 

I never said I was "God's gift to wrestling" , but I am SCW's gift to the women's division. Without me, none of you would have anything to strive for, namely my records. People like Alicia Lukas have been hot right now, but she's just a small section in the record books while my name is on the cover.

It should be no surprise as one of the longest serving wrestlers in SCW that my name is also on everyone's lips when it comes to a dream opponent. Not Roxi Johnson, a household name; not Alicia who became Bombshell Championship in just three months after her debut, among the quickest to ever capture the prestigious title; not Samantha Marlowe, who everyone seems to fall in love with. Me.  

If this is the price of popularity, then deal me in. Unlike some people, I'm never going to change who I am. Accept me, reject me, I couldn't care less if you even respect me. I don't need your advice or approval. I am who I am, and nobody said you had to like it.

When you’re the best women’s wrestler the company has seen then you deserve the accolades involved with it. You tend to polarize opinion like that; it’s what helps me become so popular. Andrea Hernandez seems to have made my Hall of Fame induction win into a quasi-lifetime achievement award (I think she has me confused with Jessie Salco) and she didn't even get my title match wins right either. It's 12, sweetie, not 11. Ignorance is bliss. Being young is no excuse for being stupid.

As good as I am in the ring, and I am great in the ring, I'm surprised my first match in three weeks following Summer XXXtreme at CC 248 was the opening act. Some might see that as a demotion or might even feel insulted by it, but I know the real reason. It's because everybody knows that I'm a tough act to follow, and a tough competitor to beat.

I've seen a lot of girls come and go in my time. Some were one-hit wonders, some hit a sophomore slump. Some burned twice as bright but lasted twice as long. Andrea, a fifth-generation wrestler who is cutting her teeth as the newest Bombshell to the roster. Not the first time I've faced someone who has family in the business. Don't get me wrong, having family connections does give you a HUGE advantage, but really it's both a blessing and a curse. Maybe Andrea plain don't have the skill, talent and charisma that it takes to make it here. Maybe she's reminded with critics everyday after a loss that "she let down her family's legacy/name/reputation" -- and she's become a laughingstock. Maybe she'll never escape her parents' shadow. There really isn't a definitive answer.

In only her second match, here we have the newest addition to the roster who had to face me, with the hope that she can stop my momentum while continuing her own while impressing the hire-ups. And congrats to her, she pulled it off. Andrea's still undefeated and she's about to make her pay-per-view debut. I'm sure we'll be seeing other again soon.

But that's not what the last couple of Climax Control shows were about. That's not to say the last couple of shows weren't good. Alicia and Samantha main evented a champion versus champion match, but what was everyone talking about in the end? Alicia is closing in on 200 days as champ, but it's been met with little fan fare. Sam is a four-time Bombshell Roulette Champion and just crossed over 500 days combined a few weeks ago, but no one is making a big deal out of it. I was taken back when Mark Ward said that Andrea and Bella Madison would be future title contenders and that they had the it factor just after one match. That's a lot to take in after one match if you ask me. But look at me. I didn't have anyone in the business and turned out okay, but anyways when you're a 2nd or 3rd generation superstar like Andrea is, it only gets you in the door. Where she goes next is up to her, but she's off to a nice start.

But that's not what the last couple of Climax Control shows were about. High Stakes is coming and it will be historic. Three new names are going to be inducted into the Hall of Fame, but that's not the history everybody will remember. No, everyone is talking about my match with Melody Grace in her final match in the company. Everyone is talking about how I laid out Melody with a single punch at the go-home show. The history everybody will be talking about is the night I beat Melody and finally put to bed and put to rest any doubt she or anyone else may have that I can't beat her.

Melody, I'll give you your props, I'll give you your credit, I'll give you a round of applause, your career speaks for itself and I'm sure there's a nice little section of your fanbase that will turn up next Sunday and support you because you're good enough, you're smart enough, and gosh darn it, people love you!

Next Sunday will be a night not to be missed, and I wouldn't miss it for the world. How often do we get an an all expense-paid trip to Hawaii? For me, the sights are just the bonus but I think it won't compare to me enjoying the sight of sending you out on your back in your last match.

For the past three years, I've had to be reminded that I've never beat you. For three years, I had to be reminded that I have never beat you one-on-one. For three years, I had to live with all the ways I've lost to you in the past, and it's driving me crazy.

I've done it all. Championships. Accolades. Do you know what’s missing?

A win…

By me…

At all.

I didn’t honestly think it would be you given our past. I truly didn’t believe it would be you walking out from behind that curtain to accept my challenge. I thought maybe someone from SCU would walk down that ramp to prove they could hang with the best. I thought maybe Alicia Lukas would come waltzing out with the World Bombshell Championship and put the title on the line so I can shut her up and add one more title on my mantle. I thought Crystal Zdunich would be brave enough to get that five-star match she's been clamoring about, but she's probably not all there since she's just a shell of former self and a glorified choke artist.

Hell, even Belinda Simone could have answered my challenge from the announce desk just for me to make more history by being the first ever to beat an announcer. I'm sure I would have been a major upgrade over someone who was trained by Teddy Warren.

Then your music hit. I watched, dare I say it, shocked, as you walked out onto that stage. I know there's a lot of misconceptions about me from the other women on the roster, yet none of them had the ovaries to walk out on that ring and say it to my face or accept my challenge. And so here we are, Melody, you and me, me and you. A match two years in the making.

One more match. One more time, for the last time.

~~~

S A N T A M O N I C A • C A L I F O R N I A

It was a day unlike any other. Except time crawled by like a sick cockroach. And every one was wearing pantsuits. It was the second Saturday of the month. A day that she's come to dread the most. 

Laundry day. Four a.m.

Mercedes is seen sitting on a bench while staring at a front loading washer spin around filling with suds. Lucky's operation was like a laundromat. And she was put through the wringer. She was down to her last clean outfits. Pastels and a pair of crosstrainers. A second degree offense in the public square of fashion. She had no choice. Not when her washing machine broke down again for the third time this week. 

She was mad. Real mad. So mad she could taste it.

Quiet chatter fills the air, which is usual for this time of day. Mercedes usually came here every other week. And just as how separating dark, lights, and colors became routine, conversation also came into three flavors - sports, small talk, or gossip. It's usually the dirty laundry that is heard most, though. Mercedes, finds a way to filter it all, but even some questions come out of nowhere.

"You know the movies they show with the little ad with the concession stand?

"With the cartoon candies dancing and the Mild Duds playing the banjo?"

"Sure plays a mean banjo?

"Yeah, so?"

Mercedes is seated at a bench finishing a crossword and looks up now and again at Ricardo, who leans against a folding table.

Ricardo: I just don't understand the reasoning behind it.

Mercedes: Talking about the sax players?

Ricardo: Right. The box of Raisainetts runs up to the counter to buy another box of Raisainetts. Don't you find that weird?

Mercedes: What? He's buying it for his Pepsi girlfriend.

Ricardo: Yeah, I don't see that working out. They're musicians.

Mercedes: Some things I guess we'll never understand.

Ricardo: Cassie and I are going to the movies this year for Halloween. You?

Mercedes: Nah, I think I'll make it a Netflix kind of night.

Ricardo: Come on, a dark theater is a lot more thrilling than a well-lit living room.

Mercedes: I didn't say the lights would be on. I, too, like to live dangerously. That, and I sually wait for the DVD.

Ricardo: Does the minutes on the box include the previews, credits, and special features, or just the movie itself?

Mercedes: You know, I never really thought about it.  

Ricardo: About the cruise...

Mercedes: Don't mention it. I thought I still had the special cabins on the ship, but I was locked out of my room after I lost my title match. It's not everyday that a weeklong cruise ends on a legal matter.

Ricardo: Everything all right? How's the career going along.

Mercedes: I'm wrestling another girl about to have her final match. Funny thing is the pressure isn't so much on her than it is in me.

Ricardo: What makes you say that? It's her last hurrah. You would think she'd want to leave on a high note.

Mercedes: Yeah, I've never beat her. Ever. And she's been tooting her own horn about it, if we're talking about leaving on a high note.

Ricardo: Looks like you got your work cut out for you then. Where you're headed?

Mercedes: Hawaii, October 20. And I haven't even packed yet.  

Mercedes shakes her head as she folds away her crossword, then gets up and walks to the loader, starts taking clothes out the dryer and putting them in laundry baskets.

Ricardo: You get to go to all the cool places.

Mercedes: And you and the rest of the crew come along, when you're not busy. Busy time at the set?

Ricardo: Working on an untitled slasher film. Still need to come up with a budget.

Mercedes: How much did you set aside?

Ricardo: Lint, a couple of quarters, and some Milk Duds and Raisainetts.

A woman walks up to them from another table.

Woman: Excuse me. Do you mind if I ask you something? My husband and I have a disagreement and we'd like you to decide who is right.

Mercedes: Can't you see I'm in the middle of something?

Woman: Yes, I can. Is this an interview?

Mercedes: No.

Woman: Is it now? Well, you have yourself quite a looker. I promise this will take a moment.

Mercedes: No, I don't think that's going to happen. Because...

Ricardo thinks quick on his feet as he interrupts.

Ricardo: We're just about leaving. Sorry about that. Perhaps you ask someone else.

Mercedes: Right. What he said.

~ ~ ~

It's Not Whether You Win or Lose
Present Day • L O S A N G E L E S, C AL I F O R N I A

[REC]

"Some things are better left unsaid, but you can bet I'm going to say it anyway. I can't help being who I am."

Mercedes smiles as the cameras are warning up. The SCW is back at one one of her favorite spots in the city.

"Gone are the long, hot summer days and now cool chilly nights are here. I know, I know, I know. I'm sad to see Summer go, but hey, at least we still get to travel. Summer may be over but SCW is still bringing the heat! Now, I don't think anybody thought we'd be heading to the Carribean during hurricane season, but somehow we survived that and we didn't get a t-shirt.

"Things are a little better now because we're back in the good old US of A. to close out the Paradise Lost tour. Even better, we're going to Hawaii for High Stakes IX. High Stakes IX is nine years of SCW bringing its best pay-per-view to an arena near you, and this year is no different. While I wasn't around for the first two High Stakes shows, I've never missed a pay-per-view since joining the roster. Seven straight years, baby, yeah!"

Mercedes pumps her fist in the air at this accomplishment, one of countless many in 2019 and sure enough more to come.

"Retirement. It's a word that's not even in my vocabulary, but sooner or later I'm going to have to learn it. I always wondered about the legacy I would leave behind in SCW when I finally hang up my boots and ride off into the sunset. I hope people always remembered the good times. The moments. The title wins. Every historic accolade I've ever accomplished. No one dare have a bad thing to say about my career."

She pauses, then smiles.

"But we're not talking about me. I'm not retiring from SCW, at least not next week. That honor goes to my opponent. Just one question, Melody. Are you happy where your career has taken you? I mean, you can still get the job done. If you wanted to, if you really wanted to, you could easily win the Bombshell Roulette Championship and finally capture the Triple Crown. If you wanted to, you could easily coax your husband into coming back and win the Blast From the Past Tournament, maybe he can win himself a third world title and you can win a second world title. Could you two become World Mixed Tag Team Champions and win every title there is in the company? I don't even doubt it for a second. But, you know, maybe championships isn't your thing anymore. It's all about the big moments now. Your husband has claimed a few times that he has nothing more to prove. He's not wrong. James is untouchable as far as legends go in SCW. Now that he's going to be inducted into the Hall of Fame, he has absolutely no reason to come back besides the odd appearance like he's accustomed to. Most people believe he's retired. He says he's not but hey, what do I know? If he says he's not retired..."

Mercedes holds up her hands in reservation.

"His words against theirs, right?"

She offers a casual shrug then a dismissive wave at the camera.

"Anyway, heading into High Stakes, first one on one match in over two years, I think we're going to find out whether you still got it, or if it got you. Thinking you have any kind of chance to beat me should give anyone hope, but if you thought wearing your wrestling gear at the go-home show was suddenly going to melt away two 24 months of ring rust, then, sorry to break it to you, you're going to be in for a long night come next Sunday.

"I hate to rain on your parade, but as far as our match goes, this can only end one of two ways: you either tap or I put you to sleep. I swear, I'm not picky. Look at it this way: at least you will still have your pride intact. Hope you have that plane ticket ready and have Orbitz ready to go because you're going to nothing to show for it.

"Everyone who has called me out has disappeared, they're scared to ever step foot back into SCW again, and with good reason. I have dominated the mostly everyone put in front of me just...like...that."

Mercedes dusts her hands in tune to her words.

"For years you've gotten the better of me, but even I know that can't last forever. Hard to believe that only seven people have beat you in your career. An impressive number, for sure. But if Kate Steele can beat you. If Crystal Zdunich can take you down, then I sure as hell know that I'm going to be the next one to join that list.

You said the reason why you accepted my challenge was to find it in myself to finally put the nail in the coffin. Sweetheart, you better wear black because by accepting this match, you already dug a hole for yourself when you should have stopped digging. The coffin is about to close, and next Sunday I will be the nail to drive it home.

"To be the best you have to beat the best and right now, as far as I'm concerned, you need to bring your absolute best next weekend. I know this, you know this, the fans know. So when you come to the plate, you better come out swinging. For your sake, you better hit a grand slam, Melody, because you only get one shot at this. Just one. But even if you don't...

"Bueno, ya sabe lo que dicen, lo mismo da librarse por poco que por mucho
"Well, you know what they say, a miss is as good as a mile."

Mercedes shows off her checklist.

"Just ask everyone who ended up on my checklist. You know, from the looks of it, I think I'm running out of spaces to add more names."

That familiar arrogant smirk grew across the features as Mercedes nods her head slowly, while at the same time absently setting her checklist down.

"So you tell yourself whatever you need to get yourself to sleep each night, you say whatever words you think will give you some validation but know this... None of it means a damn thing to me. The Melody Grace curse is ending at High Stakes, and not a moment too soon. I'm going to make history that night not only continuing my PPV appearance streak at 40 events, but finally retiring you for good. But don't you worry, sweetie, if nothing else, retirement will look good on you."

Mercedes smiles despite herself. If anything, she was staying ready to face her biggest threat yet. More often that not, she's had her share of setbacks, but don't ever say she hasn't given them a challenge.

"After I end your career I’ll ask Mark and Christian if they can send you an emotional support unicorn. I’d hate for you to be alone."

***Fade***
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 12:01:38 AM by Mercedes Vargas »

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)

Offline Melody Grace

• RAINBOWS!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Melody Grace
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 07:15:03 PM »
 Beverley Hills, California – The Podcast Volume 1 – Part 2.

After an hour or so break from part 1 of the podcast, Melody and Pussy returned to the round table. They had spent the last 60 minutes with Melody’s son James Junior who was all too eager to show Pussy Willow his collection of toy cars all the while being just as charming as his father with cheeky grins and devilish smiles. The ladies took their seats on either side of the table, while the crew set up around them this gave the two a moment to talk in private before the cameras and sounds boomed back to life.

Pussy: Your son is such a beautiful boy.

Melody blushed as any proud mother would.

Melody: Thank you, I’m very lucky to have him.

The rose in her cheeks didn’t die down, why would it? Melody was completely captivated with her son. James Junior was everything to her and she was damn proud to say that she was his mommy. Regardless of what anyone said about her and James having a child so young / early in their relationship his arrival cemented what they had been saying all along they belonged together. Pussy looked up towards one of the members of the crew that alerted them that they would be back on the air in 10 seconds. Looking towards Melody, Pussy gave her a slight nod letting her work daughter know that they would be back to recording. Melody just clamped her hands together and rested them in her lap before turning side on to look directly at Ms. Willow.

Pussy: Welcome back everyone and thank you Melody for sticking around.

The two girls shared a slight chuckle before Melody just nodded her head as if to say you’re welcome.

Pussy: Now, let’s get back to your match next Sunday at High Stakes, a lot of people are asking do you still have what it takes to step foot inside the ring?

Melody looked at Pussy and thought about that question a lot, before she replied with her softly spoken voice.

Melody: I love how people seem to think that if you take a break from the wrestling world, that you’re automatically going to fall off the bike so to say. It’s not like that at all. It’s called muscle memory for a reason, not only that… since leaving the screens of SCW I didn’t just decide one more that I was going to give up on wrestling all together. I’ve still trained the whole time being away from Sin City Wrestling. Even while I was pregnant with JJ… I mean sure I didn’t hit the ring, but I kept active, kept my cardio up and bouncing back since his arrival hasn’t been that tough for me. It was easy for me, I got lucky as some would say but if you stay active, you remain active and well just because I’ve been out of ring on television for two years, doesn’t mean that any ring rust has fallen on me. I mean, my best friend Odette owns a wrestling studio, do you really think I don’t go there and lace up the boots?

The cheeky smile was back on Melody’s face as she looked towards Pussy with a glimmer in her eye.

Pussy: What do you say to all the people who are backing Mercedes to finally beat you?

Melody: My whole career was booked on grantees that’s I was going to fail. I mean I came out of nowhere in Sin City Wrestling. I stared out as a not so behind the scenes fan girl of Odette… so when it came to finally step out of her shadows and into the ring, no one believed that I had what it took to stand on my own two feet and welp… I’m sure with that many matches that have gone by and the world can tally up the wins to the losses. I did alright for myself when people painted me as the underdog. It’s okay really, people can say what they want to say or think what they want to think but I know I have what it takes to beat Mercedes, and nothing changes between back then and now. I’ll still have her number at High Stakes, and I will walk out of Honolulu Hawaii with my chin up and my head held high when I prove to her and her fans that this attention seeking mommy still has what it takes.

Pussy reached over and gave Melody’s shoulder a little squeeze as if to say she was backing her at High Stakes, but Ms. Willow had to appear indifferent with results.

Pussy: So, what comes next for you after High Stakes? Is this really your last match?

Melody took a moment to think about the double-barreled question that Pussy had just hit her with.

Melody: What’s next? Well I make it though my match at High Stakes and well, nothing changes my match against Mercedes will be my last match in my wrestling career. Ever. There won’t be any more in ring returns. I have no need to hunt for a championship, I’m very content on doing what I have been now. Hanging out with my son and watching him learn and grown each day. That’s a blessing to me. So, after High Stakes, I’ll just return to a stay at home mom, who occasionally picks up a modeling job, meanwhile buying, renovating and flipping houses. All of that will keep me busy.

Pussy: What about all the times you teased about facing Mikah, you don’t think something will blossom out of that?

The young blonde just chuckled.

Melody: No, nothing will come of that… Mikah has her hands full.

Pussy: Are you sure you can’t be tempted?

Melody: The only thing that tempts me these days is a sleep in on a Sunday and no one can offer me that.

Melody replied with a smile that beamed on her face.

Pussy: Well, that wraps up all my questions. Thank you so much for joining me today Melody it’s been wonderful to sit across from you and interview you in your final sit-down interview for Sin City Wrestling. Do you have any final words?

Melody: Just that I’ll see you all next Sunday in Hawaii… and to my Melephants, get excited because I’m going to need your energy out there.

With that said and done Melody turned to the camera and blew it a kiss before she waved at them. The footage rolled off to nothing but darkness as Pussy wrapped up the interview.

Helllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooo my Melephants. Whoa, I really think I’ve done this upside down as normally this goes at the top but nope, not today, not for this one. No way! For my final promotional video, I thought, HEY let’s shake things up a little bit and make it spicy. Let’s get things hot like the blistering Hawaiian sun, I mean seriously… can someone turn down the UV rays they aren’t good for my precious little skin cells that are trying not to burn from trauma.

It appears that I have run off the track again, hahaha… eeeepppp.

ANYWAYS!!!!

So, let me get this straight, we are just a few more days away from High Stakes, so that means I’m just a few days away from lacing up my old wrestling boots for the last time. That thought alone is both scary and refreshing to me. It’s scary because this is the sport, this is the career that I chose and never in a million years did I think it would allow me to reach the heights that I have in my career. I’ve become the Sin City Wrestling Bombshell Champion, I’ve become an internet Champion and Bombshell Tag Team Champion. I even won Couple of the Year award with James in the same year that he HATED me. It’s really a wonderful, miracle my career in Sin City Wrestling and I wouldn’t change a damn thing about it for anyone or anything.

My up and down career had led me to be who I am today and that’s a fun-loving wife and eccentric helicopter mother and welp, if you ask Jam and Jam Junior, I think I’m doing a damn good job at both of those roles. So, excusssssseeee meeee if you think I’ve done nothing? Excuse me if you think my Sin City Wrestling career was worthless, because to me… it’s been my everything, it had gotten me to where I am today and that’s the happiest woman in the business, and in Mercedes’ eyes I might not be the hardest worker in the room… but in my eyes at least I’m the happiest. I have nothing to complain about it.

But she does and her complain itches at her like she had a bad case of the pox. Mercedes can’t simply beat me… the woman she has belittled and dragged across hot coals for weeks… wait, YEARS and yet every time she has stepped up to the plate to put me away, to beat me... she has been left red faced and angry and welp my little Melephants, let me tell you that at High Stakes the result will be no different. I will be walking away from our match with my hand held high while she wallows in the corner of the ring wondering what went wrong, and why on why can’t she beat me?

It’s simple really, Mercedes even though she is decorated like a golden Christmas tree will never be as good as me.  Oops was that too harsh? Has my husband’s confidence finally worn off on me? You better believe it. Now I’m not usually the type of girl to go around blowing her own trumpet, I mean Sin City Wrestling already has SOOO many bombshells that are like that already but let me break this down for Mercedes.

Seven times we have faced off, and each time you have been left on the same side of defeat. That didn’t happen by accident that wasn’t a oops… once or twice is a oops… five, six, seven times losing to someone is what I like to call a reality check and well if we are reading receipts… I am your reality check. I am the one what you stand up across the ring from and you already know how its going to play out even before the bell DING, DING, DINGS. We all see it, we all know it… and quiet frankly for you it must be embarrassing to know that you, the be all and end all when it comes to the Sin City Wrestling Bombshells can’t do one simply task… you can’t beat me? The woman you have tried to scar and tear apart for weeks. Yes, you can’t beat me the attention seeking mom that drives a two hundred and fifty-seven-thousand-dollar minivan. It eats you alive and all that self-doubt that you try, and cover is tarred confidence is what’s going to be your undoing in a few days away at High Stakes.

You see you think you have me scouted, you think you know exactly who I am inside the six-sided ring but you, Jon Snow know nothing. What makes you so sure that I haven’t spent my time away from the ring, learning new things? What makes you think I would just come back into Sin City Wrestling with the same style? The same moves? The same get up and go? Silly little girl, while you’re been counting your championships on your fingers and toes, while trying to beat on your chest to prove to the world week in and week out that you’re the bee’s knees and the dogs nuts… you missed the point of this whole open challenge.

Mercedes, you missed the chance to see this as a gift, you took it as me discrediting your accomplishments. You took this as me trying to weasel my way back into Sin City Wrestling to prove that I’m still worth something… You thought I just wanted to come back to becomes a quad-crown champion.

YAWN!

What you should have taken this lead up as a reminder… that things change. Oh, and wait, isn’t that what you’re been telling me? That I only beat you all those times because it was different and now things have changed, you’re going to wipe the floor with me because I’m just the same old Melody who hasn’t adjusted with the times?

The street has two sides Mercedes and welp, it appears that you’re only taking notice of the one.

BEEP BEEP!

So, at High Stakes, don’t beat yourself up when I once again show to you and the rest of the wrestling world that I can, and I will beat you for the eight time. Don’t let the curse of Melody Grace get you down, because it’s not your fault you haven’t got the skills to be immune.

It’s okay Mercedes once this match is all said and done, just think you won’t even see me again inside that six-sided ring and well you’ll never have to relive the fact that you’re not as good as me and never will be, that’s of course until the day comes when you retire and you sit back and think about all the good times in your career only to have them over shadowed by the fact that you couldn’t put me… little old me… little old little miss sunshine down and out… even though you had eight chances to do so.

I really hope that keeps you awake some nights, and normally I’m not a spiteful person but you see I don’t owe you a damn thing. I don’t have to puff up your accomplishments, I don’t have to bow down to the career you had made for yourself and I sure and hell don’t need to applaud every time you talk about how great you are because regardless of the outcome at High Stakes… if by some miracle you do happen to get my number… what I have learnt from you is that the greater the number is the more you trump your opponent and correct me if I’m wrong but seven is greater than one.

But do you what’s even better?

Eight…

Eight to zero.

And that figure right there is your reality come High Stakes. Sorry, not sorry.

Mwah.
>