Author Topic: Truth to the Rumors Part 2  (Read 2431 times)

Offline Alexis Edwards

• View Profile
    • Alexis Edwards
Truth to the Rumors Part 2
« on: June 11, 2016, 06:12:16 PM »

Tuesday May 17th
Las Vegas, Nevada

The last forty-eight hours have been anything but good for Alexis Edwards.  After losing her match against Roxi Johnson and Natalie McKinley, Alexis found herself craving a drink.  A drink of the alcoholic kind, and when she chose to give into said craving, everything blew up in her face.  Pussy Willow had walked into the Bombshell Locker room just as she was taking a drink and ultimately went and ratted her out to Christian Underwood.  The consequences?  Christian kicked her off of the rest of the Japanese tour and perhaps out of Sin City Wrestling all together.

So here she was...just twenty-four hours later.  Back in Las Vegas.  But as this trip back home wasn’t planned, and she doesn’t know what her future holds for her, she is hardly in a good mood.  And all she knows is that there is a bottle of booze that she can drown her sorrows in back in her apartment.

Ahh...her apartment.  The dark, dingy, dilapidated piece of shit she was paying for each month, yet barely spending any time there.  Well, at least she would finally get some use out of it while she waited for the rest of SCW to return to Las Vegas.  

As she makes it to her apartment building just as the sun has gone down, she glances up to the second floor where her apartment is and notices the light on inside.  She narrows her eyes curiously as she hands the cab driver some cash and then exits the vehicle, draping the strap of her duffel bag over her shoulder.  As the cab driver pulls away, she stands outside for a few moments, staring at her apartment window and the light on inside and becomes aware of someone moving around inside.

Great.  Just what she needed.  She didn’t have anything worth stealing, but apparently someone thought they could break into her place.

After a few moments she takes in a deep breath and heads inside, making her way up to the second floor.  Once she is just outside her apartment, she stands close to the door for a few moments, and listens.  She hears music.  Shitty pop music that she’d never be caught dead listening to and she growl.  She doesn’t waste another minute as she grabs the doorknob and quickly opens the door.  When she steps inside, her jaw drops and not only what she sees, but who she sees.  She’s left speechless as her sister, Riley, turns around from in the kitchen to face her.

Riley: You’re home!

Riley tosses a towel down on the counter as she was just finishing doing a bit of cleaning.  Alexis drops her bag on the floor, and stands frozen in the doorway, unable to speak.  Riley takes a few cautious steps towards her, both remembering the last time they had seen one another.

Riley: Okay, so I know what I said last month was awful, but I just want you to know that I’m sorry.  Really, truly, sorry.  You’re still my sister and I love you no matter what.

Alexis still stands there frozen in place.  She has her hands balled up into fists at her sides, but she’s not moving a single inch as she glares at Riley.  Riley takes another step towards her, expecting some sort of reaction out of her, but again, nothing.

Riley: So don’t ask me how, but I found out what happened and I wanted to be here when you got home. I...I still want to help you.  And whether you think so or not, you need my help.

Alexis closes her eyes and takes in a slow, deep breath.

Lex: I...don’t…need...anything...from...you.

She quickly opens her eyes and snarls at her sister.

Lex: Except for you to just DISAPPEAR!

Riley: Alexis, I’m not going--AHHH!

Before Riley can get another word out, Alexis lunges at her, tackling her to the floor!  She begins pummeling fist after fist to Riley’s face and Riley is completely defenseless!  Riley tries to plead with Alexis, but she can’t even get a word out edgewise and all she can do is just shout for help.  That is, until Alexis wraps her hands around Riley’s neck and starts choking her!

Lex: I should have been an only child!  My life sucks because of you!  I want you out of my life!!!

Riley starts to go blue in the face as Alexis shouts at her and just before Riley passes out from the lack of oxygen, two of her male neighbors rush inside to answer Riley’s calls for help.  Alexis is practically out of her mind as one of the men holds her down on the floor and the other checks on an unconscious Riley as he calls 9-1-1 for help.  As Alexis stares at her sister, unconscious and bloody on the floor, she snaps out of her temporary moment of insanity and her face turns to sheer horror.

Lex: Oh my...God!  Ri...Riley!  What...what have I done?!

Guy: Don’t move an inch, lady.  The cops are on the way.

Alexis quickly scoots herself back and away from the guy, bringing her hands up to her head.  She runs her hands through her hair and pulls her knees up to her chest as she begins rocking back and forth horrified at what she’d done.  Riley starts moving her arms, thankfully, showing signs of life and a few minutes later the sirens are heard outside as police and EMT’s arrive outside the building.

Twenty-two hours later..

And things just continue to go from bad to worse for Alexis.  After brutally attacking her twin sister, for the second time in less than two months Alexis found herself being handcuffed and taken into custody.  This time, she was charged with assault, and depending on Riley’s condition, more charges could be forthcoming.

She looks completely lost as she sits in the jail cell, after being processed and booked.  Her arraignment isn’t scheduled until tomorrow morning, so she’s been left all alone to think to herself.  And the time is absolutely eating away at her.  As aggravating and angering as Riley was to her, she had never…NEVER...saw herself capable of actually assaulting her the way that she had, and the pain and remorse she was feeling at this very moment probably didn’t even compare to the pain Riley was going through at the hospital.  

Just as she is going to roll over on the cot and try and fall asleep, she hears footsteps heading towards her jail cell.  She sits up and is shocked when one of the police officers unlocks the cell and opens the door.

Lex: What’s going on?  I thought my arraignment isn’t until tomorrow morning?

Officer: Not anymore.  You’re free to go.

She stands up and slowly walks towards the officer, though she’s more confused than anything.

Lex: Wait...what?  Did...did someone bail me out or something?

The officer shakes his head.

Officer: No, the charges have been dropped.  Like I said you’re free to go.

Lex: They...dropped the charges?  Does that mean Riley is okay?

The officer lets out a sigh and shakes his head.

Officer: Why do you ask so many questions?  All I know is that your sister is recovering at the hospital right now and she’s refusing to press charges so we have to release you.  Now get out of here would ya?

Alexis doesn’t bother to argue further or ask anymore questions.  She just quickly heads out of the jail cell and goes to grab her belongings so she can leave.  After hearing that Riley was refusing to press charges, there was only one place she could think of to go right now...to the hospital.  And about an hour later, that is exactly where she finds herself.

She was pretty sure that visiting hours were nearly over, so she had to be fast.  She heads into the hospital’s main entrance and up to the front desk to find out which room her sister was in.  The receptionist/security guard looks up at her.

Lex: Hi.  I’m here to see Riley Edwards, but I’m not sure what room she’s in.

Reception: Are you aware that visiting hours are over in fifteen minutes?

Alexis nods.

Lex: I figured, but she’s my sister and I need to see her, please.  I’ll make it quick, I just need to see her tonight.

He nods and types in Riley’s name in the computer.  A few seconds later, he grabs a visitor’s badge and writes Riley’s room number on the badge.

Reception: There you go.  Room 457.  Fourth floor.  Make sure to return your badge on your way out.

Alexis takes the badge, smiles and nods as she turns and heads to the elevators.  During the short ride up to the fourth floor, she’s going over in her mind what she plans to say to Riley, if anything, that could possibly make the situation better.  She has to decide quick as before she knows it, the elevator dings and the doors open.  She follows the signs towards her sister’s room and once she is outside the door, she stops and takes in a few deep breaths.  Once she builds up the courage, she gently knocks on the door.

Riley: You can come in.

Though Riley’s voice is muffled from inside the room, Alexis can tell it’s also pain filled, so she walks in slowly, and she’s not completely ready for the sight she sees when she reveals herself to her sister.  Riley is sitting up in bed, and when Alexis sees just what she had done to her, she wants to break down in tears right then in there, and Riley looks surprised, but not angry, to see Alexis.

Riley: Alexis?  I...didn’t think you’d come here.

Alexis is speechless as she stares at Riley.  An IV sticks out of her right hand, and her face is still swollen from the beating.  Both eyes are black and her neck is bruised as well.  Alexis closes her eyes, not able to look at what she’d done a second longer.

Riley: I...I’m not mad, Alexis.

Alexis re-opens her eyes and looks at Riley.

Lex: You should be, Riley.  You should hate my fucking guts right now.  I almost killed you!

To Alexis’ further surprise, Riley just smiles and shakes her head.

Riley: But you didn’t, and that is all that matters.  I guess I kinda take after you a bit if I can get through a beating like that, huh?

RIley laughs a little, but it’s brief as it sends a pain through her body.  Alexis lets out another remorseful sigh as she steps closer to Riley.

Lex: Why’d you do it, Riley?

Riley: What?

Lex: Why’d you refuse to press charges?  I should be rotting in a jail cell for what I did to you.

Riley shakes her head and she presses the mute button on the remote for her TV so she can give Alexis her full attention.

Riley: That wasn’t you, Alexis, and you know it.  I don’t know what really happened, but you sort of...I don’t know...checked out when you attacked me.  I can’t see you punished when you need a completely different kind of help.  And jail isn’t the answer.

Lex: I really wish I knew what I needed, Riley, because I honestly have no fucking clue right now.  Maybe jail is the answer.

Riley shakes her head again.

Riley: No, it’s not.  You need something that you never got when we were growing up.

Lex: A good beating?

Alexis manages to let out a laugh, but Riley shakes her head.

Riley: No, of course not.  It’s called love...and compassion.  Some people would have given up on you a long time ago, Alexis, but that’s not me.  What kind of sister would I be if I gave up on you like that?

Alexis lets every word sink in and before she knows it, the tears are rolling down her face and she’s blubbering like a baby.  She slowly walks over to one of the chairs and sits down, burying her face in her hands as she continues to cry, and somehow, Riley can can sense things are about to change...for the better.  She lets Alexis cry it out and after several deep breaths, Alexis looks up to Riley.

Lex: I...I can’t live like this anymore, Riley.  I’m so sorry it took me almost killing you to figure it out.

Riley: Everything will be fine, Alexis.  I’m here---where are you going?

Riley looks confused as Alexis stands up, wipes away the tears from her eyes and prepares to leave, but she looks back to Riley.

Lex: Where I should have gone a long time ago, Riley.  Somewhere where I can get help and sort out my shit.  For what it’s worth, I’m truly sorry, Riley.

Riley: Alexis, at least let me help you.

Alexis shakes her head.

Lex: I need to do this on my own, Riley.  I’ll be in touch soon.  Just...don’t worry about me.

Riley tries to speak up again, but Alexis just turns and walks out of the room, still wiping away more tears that escape her eyes.  Riley stares towards the door and before she knows it, she, too, is teary-eyed, but she lays her head back on the pillow to get some rest.
>