Author Topic: Main event mid flight interview.  (Read 272 times)

Offline Connor Murphy

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Connor Murphy
Main event mid flight interview.
« on: April 22, 2016, 11:53:18 PM »
 The flight had been uneventful for the most part.  Connor Murphy slumped in the back of the plane, the final seat in the plane and tried to be invisible.  With glasses over his eyes, he lay back and rested his head to the left as he listlessly watches out the window at the peaking of the sun on the horizon.  He tried his best to ignore the man and his son sitting in front of him.  The boy looks back at Connor as his father keeps telling him to leave the ‘strange’ man alone.  Connor can’t help but smile at that and when he notices that he has the boy’s attention, he sneers and offers him a patently faked growl which causes the boy to turn quickly and slide down in his seat.

This game goes on for hours until finally Connor in his boredom yawns and then turns to look forward only to find the kid in the seat beside him.  Connor pulls away from the kid as if he were patient zero about to start a pandemic.

Kid:  I know who you are you know

Connor looks at the kid and then for his father who is sitting in his seat, reclining back and snoring loud enough to draw the ire of people around them.  The kid leans closer to Connor and smiles again.

Kid:  I said I know who you are…

Connor Murphy:  I heard you the first time kid.

Connor attempts to turn back to the window but is stopped by the kid who kneels on the seat and leans towards Connor who rears back.  With a cheeky grin the kid points right at him and begins to taunt him in a very condescending voice.

Kid:  You’re the guy that J2H beat at that wrestling show.  

Connor waves off the comment but the kid continues.

Kid:  Yeah, you are that TNA guy.  Man J2H really beat the crap out of you to keep his title.

Connor looks at the kid from behind the dark shades with a dumbfounded look on his face.  Straightening up in the seat, Connor leans towards the kid only to growl slightly before hooking his finger in the shirt of the kid and pull  him closer and letting his voice soften into a deadly whisper.

Connor Murphy:  Listen kid, I ain’t that loser TNA.  Yeah sure, I didn’t win that match at Blaze of Glory but I didn’t lose it either.  And if the truth be known, it should have been just me and J2H that night but that shit is in the past and I am over it.  Now be a good little boy and go sit with Daddy because I have some shit to do and need some peace and quiet to do it.

The boy’s eyes widen as he slowly nods before pulling away from the curled finger.  Getting to his feet he moves towards the seat where his dad is sitting, all the while shooting death glares at Connor who shrugs and then lunges at the boy with a sneering grin as he scampers to tuck himself away.  As Connor chuckles, a voice can be heard to tsk at his behaviour.  Turning his head to see who it was that interrupted his enjoyment, he spies Pussy Willow standing in the aisle with a small hand camcorder that if Connor didn’t know better was permanently attached to her hand.

Connor Murphy:  Well well if it isn’t my favourite interviewer in Sin City Wrestling, Pussy Willow.  So Pussy, with all the places and all the planes, you have to be aboard mine.  What can I do for you lovey?
Pussy looks around the plane then motions for Connor to push over as she leans towards him to sit on the seat beside him.

Pussy Willow:  Well if you must know, I wanted to talk to you about that comment you gave the kid about the match that you lost the belt in.  Just because you didn’t get pinned doesn’t mean you can’t say you didn’t lose.  Besides Connor, do you think that you will be motivated enough to walk into the ring this week on Climax Control?

Connor lays his head back and appears to have ignored Pussy’s question.  She huffs an exasperated sigh before she turns to Connor.  Before she speaks, Connor holds up a finger.

Connor Murphy:  Before you say anything else, let me just say that if I am walking towards the ring and I get inside of it, trust me toots, I am motivated.

Pussy Willow:  So then you are excited about your match at Climax Control.

Connor chuckles and then motions around the plane.  

Connor Murphy:  I am on a plane…in economy no less…on my way to Nagasaki Japan.  All because I got told that I have me a match.  I don’t know what kind of match I do have but I heard that I need to be in the ring and that means that I am going to be getting in the ring and working off a little frustration from Blaze of Glory.

Pussy smirks as she keeps her camera on Connor.

Pussy Willow:  Well I do know your match if you want me to tell you.  But it will cost you.

Connor pushes the glasses off his nose and up to rest over his forehead while his other hand rests over his heart.  His eyes widen slightly as he pouts slightly.

Connor Murphy:  I see how it is darlin’ I thought that you loved me Pussy.  I’m hurt.

Pussy laughs at the picture that Connor is painting as the kid gets onto his seat and looks at the pair.  Connor’s smile freezes as he spies the kid.  His sneer is accompanied by his finger pointing at the kid then motioning for the kid to turn around.

Pussy Willow:  Well let me tell you then Connor, you are main eventing again but this time it isn’t for a belt.  You are teaming up with Casey Williams…

Connor Murphy:  What the hell…I’m teaming with Casey Williams?  That big ape of a wrestler is darn lucky if you ask me to have me as a partner.  Could be interesting to say the least.  So tell me darlin’ who are we facing.

Pussy Willow:  Well from what I was told, Dmitri and Travis Nathaniel Andrews.

The laughter that explodes from Connor which brings the kid turning to watch as Connor appears to find it hard to breath.  The laughter fades into a cough then a wheezing as he finally gets his breath back.

Connor Murphy:  TNA in the match teaming with Dmitri?  Really good choice for the match against Casey and I.

Pussy Willow:  You aren’t going to tear down your opponents Con?

Connor Murphy:  Of course I am going to tear them down.  Gimme a minute ok?

Connor raises a finger as he sees the stewardess nearby.  The young Japanese woman moves closer, a small smile on her face and a shining fangirl look for Connor.  He smiles up at the woman and motions for some water to drink.  She nods with a small bow and rushes off.  Connor then turns back to Pussy but before he can say anything, the stewardess returns with the drink for Connor who smiles and takes the bottle from her and drinks slowly before taking a deep breath and smiling at Pussy.

Connor Murphy:   Now I’m ready to tear them down.  But the question is where to start?

Pussy taps her nose as it wrinkles as she tries to decide which opponent’s name to mention first.  

Pussy Willow:  Well why don’t you talk about Dmitri.  After all, he has talked about you and your match at the supercard and about your tag partner.  From what I saw of the promo, he is big on mind games, talking about how you are going to use your past against you.

Connor Murphy:  Yeah yeah, everyone wants to talk about my past as a Nobody, about my win loss record and how I have more failings than wins in the big ones.

Pussy Willow nods aggressively.

Pussy Willow:  He did talk about it for sure.

Connor Murphy:  Well then let him talk.  I am not worried about him or anyone else.  I was a nobody and put myself into the title pictures left right and center.  Hell I probably still have the gonads to take it to J2H if I wanted to.  But you know what, Despy’s got his shot and let him have it.  Right now, I am just going to enjoy getting into the ring and having a blast beating the crap out of all against me.  And that is all I am looking forward to this week.

With that, he takes another long swallow of the water then turns back to the camera.

Connor Murphy:  And let me tell you one hell of a secret.  TNA thought he could step up to me and talk crap about being in the big one at the supercard then what happens?  He chokes like the Toronto Maple Leafs.  As must as he thinks he is the man, he ain’t.  And when it comes down to it, he isn’t going to be a problem come Sunday night.  Even as jetlagged as I am going to be once I finally get to Nagasaki, I am not going to let that little bas…

Connor sees the kid watching him, barely peeking over the back of the seat so he self-edits.

Connor Murphy:  …So and so get a win to make his confidence go through the roof. It’s bad enough he talks and talks and talks once he takes his lips off of Mark Ward’s rear or his…Richard…talks some more.  More action and less talk and by action I mean wrestling, not sucking, blowing or kissing.

Connor makes kissy noises as the pilot gets on the announcement speakers and announces the arrival into Nagasaki.  With that, Connor pulls down his glasses and reaches for his seatbelt.  Pussy stops her camera and tucks it into her bag then belts herself in as well.  The lights of the plane switch off as the plane begins to descend and Connor smiles as if thinking of the upcoming match and what he might be doing to his opponents in it as we fade out.