Author Topic: The Lost Years: Part 2  (Read 247 times)

Offline Jake Sullivan

• TAFKAR-The Artist Formerly Known As Rage
    • View Profile
    • Jake Sullivan
The Lost Years: Part 2
« on: March 04, 2016, 10:24:44 PM »
 Whimpering...sobbing...shouting...and screaming.  Oh the blood curdling screaming.  But all these sounds aren’t coming from adults.  No, they’re coming from children.  Children of many different ages who are showing their emotions at being in a place such as this.  No child should ever have to live in a facility like this place, but unfortunately, too many do.  And one of those children is just about to wake up after spending his first night here.

The sun’s morning light shines into his room, and as the sun rises higher into the sky, the light moves closer to the young boy’s face.  As soon as it hit’s his eyes, he’s startled awake, but he feels overly groggy for some reason.  He’s never felt like this before, and it scares him.  He opens his eyes to see the unfamiliar white walls that surround his bed, and this only intensifies his fear.  He tries to jump out of bed, but he can’t.  He’s...he’s tied down!  He’s restrained to the bed, and he has no idea why.

Boy: What...what’s going on?!  Where am I?!  Why am I tied to the bed?!  HELP!  SOMEBODY HELP ME!

He begins to struggle, trying with all of his strength to get out of the restraints, but he knows he can’t.  He begins screaming and shouting even louder and moments later, two nurses come rushing into his room, followed by a doctor.  One of the nurses is holding a syringe and a bottle of some clear liquid in her hand, and one look at the syringe causes the young boy to flail around even more.  The nurse fills the syringe and is about to inject it into the boy’s arm, but the doctor speaks up and stops her.

Doctor: No, Faith.  Hold off on the sedative.  I’d like to speak to my patient first.

Faith: Dr. Acklund, he’s out of control!  Just like he was last night!

Dr. Acklund: I can see that, Faith.  But he is also safely restrained to the bed and is not a danger to me.  Now put the syringe down and leave the room.  You, too, Doris.

The young boy is crying uncontrollably, but he’s exhausted himself rather quickly.  He continues to tug on the restraints as Nurse Faith sets the syringe down the table a few feet away from the bed, and she and Nurse Doris leave the room.  Dr. Acklund walks over and closes the door, giving him some privacy with his patient, and he pulls a chair up to the boy’s bedside.  The boy, however, just stares up at the ceiling, too terrified to look at the strange doctor by him.

Dr. Acklund: Good morning, Jake.  How are you feeling this morning?

The boy, now identified as Jake, continues to stare at the ceiling.  He lets out a few sniffles and continues to tug on the restraints every so often, but he doesn’t speak a word to Dr. Acklund.

Dr. Acklund: You don’t want to talk to me.  I can understand that.  But you need to cooperate, Jake.  It will make your time here much smoother.  What do you remember about last night?

Jake finally turns his head and looks to Dr. Acklund and stops struggling against the restraints as they begin to hurt his wrists and ankles.

Jake: W-where...am...I?

He sobs in between each word and Dr. Acklund leans back in his chair and folds his arms across his chest.

Dr. Acklund: You’re in a hospital, Jake.  A special hospital.  Can you tell me what you remember about last night?

Jake: Nothing!  I don’t...remember...anything!  LET ME GO!

Despite the pain in his wrists and ankles, he starts to fight again, followed by screaming and shouting.  Dr. Acklund takes in a deep breath as he stares at Jake.

Dr. Acklund: If you want me to have those restraints removed anytime soon, you’ll have to calm down.  I am not afraid to sedate you again, Jake.

Jake: NO!  NO SHOT!  I WANT MY MOM!  I WANT ASHLEY!  I WANT MY GRANDMA!

Dr. Acklund: That’s not possible, Jake.

Jake turns his head and looks at Dr. Acklund, his eyes now swollen and puffy.

Jake: W-why?  I want my family!

Dr. Acklund: Are you sure you don’t remember anything about last night, Jake?

Jake just shakes his head as he continues to try and fight his way out of the restraints.  The more he fails, the more frustrated he gets.

Dr. Acklund: Jake, I will tell you the truth but I need you to calm down.  Stop fighting the restraints.  You’ll only hurt yourself even more.  Can you do that for me?

Jake struggles a little more, but he finally begins to realize his fighting is of no use.  He calms down and takes in a few deep breaths before he turns his head and looks back to Dr. Acklund.

Jake: W-where is my family?

Because he told Jake he would tell him the truth, Dr. Acklund has to go against his better judgement and tell Jake the awful truth.  At least it’s the “truth” he’s been told to tell, and poor Jake is none the wiser and his world is about to be turned upside down.

Dr. Acklund: They’re dead, Jake.  They died in a fire last night.

Jake begins shaking his head, refusing to believe what he’s been told, but because he does not want to be given a shot, he tries his best to stay calm.  But the tears roll down his face and he stares up at the ceiling again.  What Dr. Acklund is about to tell him next is about to send him into a full blown fit.

Dr. Acklund: You set the fire, Jake.  You killed your family.

Jake’s head shoots to the side and he screams at the top of his lungs.

Jake: NOOOO!  NO I DIDN’T!!!!

Jake begins flailing and fighting even more than before.  So much so that the bed begins moving around, and nothing Dr. Acklund says can calm him down.  Nurses Faith and Doris rush in once again and they all have to hold him as still as they can until Faith sticks the needle in his arm and injects the sedative…

Wednesday February 17th
5 A.M

Rage’s eyes open suddenly as he’s startled awake by that nightmare...that memory from his childhood.  Beads of sweat cover his forehead and he’s breathing heavily.  He turns his head, relieved to see Kittie sleeping soundly next to him, though her arm is draped over his bare chest.  He slowly and carefully moves Kittie’s arm from his chest, and for a moment he thinks she’s going to wake up.  Much to his relief, however, she just turns over on to her side, giving Rage the opportunity to sneak out of the bed.  

He places his feet on the floor and grabs his t-shirt from beside the bed, pulling it over his head.  When he stands up from the bed, he’s wearing just his boxer briefs and now his t-shirt, and he looks to Kittie one more time.  When he’s sure she’s still fast asleep, he quietly sneaks out of the room and down the hall.  He makes his way downstairs and into the kitchen.  

Once he’s at the bottom of the stairs he looks back and forth between the kitchen and his spacious living room, deciding what to do.  Would he make himself an early breakfast, and in the process probably make enough noise to wake not only Kittie, but his brother Phillip also?  No, that was definitely not happening.  Would he get an early start to a day of drinking and grab a beer out of the fridge?  No, because Kittie or Phillip would probably lecture him about that.  In the end, he decides to just grab a bottle of water out of the fridge and head out to the backyard patio and pool area.  

He takes a seat in one of the lounge chairs, leans back and just stares up at the sky.  The sun will begin to rise in the next hour or so, and the last of the stars are still visible in the sky.  As he takes a drink of his water, he can’t seem to get that memory out of his head, as much as he would like to.  The past several months he’d been plagued with the recurring nightmares of what happened during his childhood, but he hadn’t told Kittie.  Given the many times she’d woken up without him next to her, she was suspicious, but every time she questioned him about it, it led to an argument so she gave up for the time being.

Rage sits outside by himself for about half an hour before the sound of a car pulling into the drive grabs his attention.  Because he had thought Phillip was home, and sleeping, he stands up from the chair and heads to the patio door.  Just as he is about to walk back into his house, he spots Phillip sneaking in through the front door, quietly closing the door behind him.  Rage raises an eyebrow as he stands in the doorway, staring towards his brother.

Rage: I thought your shift ended early last night?  You’re just getting home?

Rage’s deep voice startles Phillip, causing him to drop his keys.  He spins around and looks towards his older brother, having been caught.

Phil: Dude you scared the shit out of me!  What the hell are you doing awake?

Rage chuckles as Phillip clearly avoids the question.

Rage: Keep your voice down, Phil.  Kittie is cranky as fuck if you wake her up…

Phillip chuckles quietly and he picks up his keys from the floor.  Rage slowly steps inside, staying right by the patio door.

Rage: You didn’t answer my questions, though.  Not that it’s really any of my business, and I’m pretty sure the answer is obvious, but why are you just now getting home?

Phillip looks away quickly, still trying to avoid the question.  He tosses his keys on the table by the door and heads into the kitchen.

Phil: I, uh, got stuck at work later.  We got really slammed last night…

Rage lets out a snort and Phillip just turns and stares at him.

Rage: Interesting choice of words, Phil.  Someone got slammed last night, I’m sure.

Rage laughs at his own observation as he walks further into his living room.  Phillip, however, is left speechless.

Rage: Bit of advice, Phil.  If you’re coming home from the walk of shame and don’t want anyone to know about it, make sure there’s no evidence.

He points to Phillip’s shirt.  Specifically to the smudge of lipstick on his collar.

Rage: Lipstick on your shirt, bro.  I’m not judging you, though.  About time ya got laid.

Rage laughs again as he plops down in his large La-Z-Boy chair across from the sofa.  He props his feet up on his coffee table and stares towards his brother, now unable to deny the obvious signs.  Phillip sighs and shakes his head as he leans against the island counter in the center of the kitchen.

Phil: You’ll have to excuse me for being a little less...conspicuous...than you and Kittie.  Speaking of which...why are you awake?

Rage: Couldn’t sleep.  And no need to hide, Phil.  What happens in your room at night is none of my business.

Phil: Now who’s avoiding the question?  Quit turning this around on me, bro.  Did you and Kittie have another fight or something?

Rage rolls his eyes, but he laughs and shakes his head.

Rage: You’re kidding, right?  We’re always fighting about something.  I told you, I couldn’t sleep, but she’s still sleeping.  I’m not avoiding anything.

Phil: Bullshit.  You had another nightmare, didn’t you?

Rage’s jaw drops open slightly and he stares at Phillip.  He goes to shake his head and deny it, but Phillip knows better.

Phil: Kittie and I aren’t stupid, bro.

Rage: I’m fine, alright?  I can handle a few nightmares.  I’m not some weak little pussy.  Just drop it, ok?

Phil: You really need to start thinking about yourself for once, Rage.  When are you gonna see that?

Rage narrows his eyes at his brother, slowly folding his arms across his chest.

Rage: Phil, I said I’m fine.  Try not to piss me off further by pushing the issue, because you’ve seen me pissed off at you once before, and I don’t think you want to see it again.

Phillip holds his hands up, defeated.  He shakes his head and takes in a deep breath.  Knowing he struck a nerve with his brother, he decides to just head off to take a shower and get some sleep.  Before he does, though, Rage stops him.

Rage: So, you gonna tell me about your secret woman or no?  Or was it it a hooker situation or a one night stand?  Like I said, not judging…

Phillip lets out another sigh.

Phil: She’s not some one night stand, and she’s definitely not a hooker.  I’ve been seeing her for months now, and when I want her to meet you and the others, I’ll let you know, alright?

Rage: Damn, Phil...Relax.  I was only kidding with you.  Shit if I were you, I wouldn’t be in any rush for her to meet us anyway.  Not unless she’s one of the crazy clinger types and you want to scare her off.

Rage lets out a chuckle, and Phillip just shakes his head.

Phil: No, I actually wouldn’t.  And, it’s nothing against you guys, either.  I just don’t want to seem like I’m rushing anything is all.

Rage: Your business, Phil.  If you don’t want to scare her off, then it’s best you don’t introduce her to everyone for a while.

Phil: Why do you do that?

Rage raises an eyebrow and stares at Phillip.

Rage: Do what?

Phil: Make it seem like the others are really that bad?  I admit, they’re not your typical family, but they’re a family regardless.  You make it seem like I shouldn’t introduce her at all.

Rage: Just looking out for you, Phil.  You’ve met them.

Phillip frowns and folds his arms across his chest.

Phil: Yeah, and I’ve also met you!

Rage: What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Phil: It means you’re an asshole!

Rage: Phil, I told you to keep your voice down before you wake...Kittie.

Rage’s warning comes just a little too late as both he and Phillip turn their attention to the bottom of the stairs where Kittie is standing, wearing her robe.  She has her arms folded across her chest as she glares towards Rage, and Phillip looks towards the woman who is basically his sister in law.

Phil: Sorry, Kittie.  Didn’t mean to wake you.

Kittie: Rage might have been warning you to keep your voice down, Phil, but he’s the reason I woke up.  What the hell is going on out here so early in the damn morning?!

Rage: Oh nothing, I just caught Phil getting home from the walk of shame.

Phillip glares at Rage, and for the first time it’s he who looks frustrated with Rage, and not the other way around.

Phil: So I got laid tonight?  Big deal!  Why don’t you be honest for once and tell Kittie about your nightmares?

The brothers engage in a heated stare down until Kittie lets out a sigh.  Phillip looks away first, and before he heads upstairs to his own room, he stops in front of Kittie and looks at her.

Phil: FYI, if you couldn’t figure it out, my asshole brother had another nightmare.  He’s all yours to deal with now.  I’m going to get some sleep.

Phillip then makes his way up the stairs, disappearing into the his bathroom to take a shower before getting some sleep.  Kittie just turns around and stares at Rage angrily.

Kittie: Care to explain?

Rage stands up from the chair, just as their pet cat, Aggie, stops at his feet.  She looks up at him and lets out a quiet meow.

Rage: He doesn’t know what he’s talking about.  I’m fine.  Go back to bed.

Kittie rolls her eyes and shakes her head.

Kittie: You’re such a fucking asshole.

Without another word, Kittie turns and she, too, disappears upstairs to go back to bed.  Rage lets out a sigh and shakes his head as he plops back down in the chair, and moments later, Aggie jumps up into his lap, purring loudly.  He pets his loving cat as she makes herself comfortable in his lap.

Rage: This is why I like you, Aggie.  Because you can’t ask nagging annoying questions all the time.

She lifts her head up and looks right up at him, letting out a louder meow this time.  Rage shakes his head.

Rage: Hey, I rescued you, remember!  Lay down and go to sleep.

She turns her nose up at him for a moment before she lays her head down and drifts off to sleep as Rage pets her.  She takes in all of the attention, and Rage just leans his head back in the chair, closes his eyes and drifts off to sleep, himself.

Sunday February 28th
San Bernadino, California
What you didn’t see on Climax Control
>[

The scene opens up in the backstage area of the Coussoulis Arena as the one hundred fortieth edition of Climax Control is just about to wrap up.  The fourth annual Blast From The Past mixed tag team tournament has officially begun, with the first half of the opening round matches taking place tonight.  Three teams have already advanced to the second round, and the fourth opening round match of the night, and the main event of the night, is just about to begin.  Rage and Kittie are watching backstage, paying close attention, and moments before the camera switches to ringside, Christian Underwood appears on the screen to announce next week’s brackets.

Kittie: Oh goody.  We’re about to find out who you and Sam are facing next week.  You ready for this?

Rage just shakes his head, looking less than enthusiastic.  He pays attention to the screen anyway, and Kittie lets out a laugh.

Kittie: Damn.  What is with all these mystery entrants this year?  That shit is getting so old.

Rage: Looks like there’s only one mystery Bombshell this year.  It’s not you is it?

Kittie laughs and shakes her head.

Kittie: Seriously, goat face?  If it was me, you’d know about it!  Now let’s see who you...Oh shit.

Rage: What?

Kittie points to the screen, but more specifically his match bracket.

Rage: Seriously, Kittie?  You’re saying “Oh shit..” because Sam and I are facing Lord Raab and Gothika?  Do you really think he’ll be that big of a problem for me?

Kittie: He’ll be an even bigger problem if you don’t take him seriously.  And you seem to be forgetting that this is a tag team match.  Sam still has to get into the ring with that Twilight reject, Gothika.

Rage laughs and rolls his eyes.  He doesn’t even pay attention to her as he looks back to the television screen as the main event is about to start.  As the match begins, he laughs again and shakes his head and Kittie glances to him curiously.

Kittie: What are you laughing at now?

Rage: Just wondering how long it’s gonna take for Alexis to hit Steve with a dick kick or something.  I’m pretty sure that team was doomed from the start.

Kittie: You’d think, but they seem to be doing okay so far.  How long until you think they’ll self implode?

Rage watches the screen intently for a moment, thinking to himself.

Rage: Fuck if I know at this point.  I just want to see it happen.  Just watch the damn match.

Kittie rolls her eyes but she turns her attention back to the screen.  The two watch the match for a few more minutes until a familiar face walks up to them with a friendly smile on her face.  The camera turns to see new World Bombshell Champion, Sam Marlowe, standing next to them with her World Bombshell Championship proudly draped over her shoulder.  Kittie mutes the sound on the monitor before she and Rage turn their attention to Sam.

Kittie: Well look who it is.  Your tag team partner and the lucky dog who finally took down Mikah’s reign of terror.  Congrats, by the way.

Sam smiles again and she glances to her title quickly before looking back to Rage and Kittie.

Sam: Thank you, Kittie, but there was nothing lucky about my win.

Rage: Lucky or not, you still pulled it off and have major bragging rights.

Sam: I’ve never been much of a bragger, but I know what you mean.  Besides, winning the title was only the start for me.  I have another title I’ve set my sights on winning now.

Rage looks at Kittie, confused for a moment.  She rolls her eyes at him.

Kittie: She’s talking about the tournament, dumbass.

Rage: Oh.  Well excuse me!

Sam: It’s okay, Rage.  I just hope you’re as interested in winning this tournament as I am.  Being Blast From The Past champions sounds nice, doesn’t it?

Rage lets out a laugh and Kittie elbows him in the side, warning him to be nice.

Rage: Yeah, well I’m more worried about a much bigger prize.  I didn’t walk out of My Bloody Valentine with the title like I wanted.  J2H may be the champion right now, but once I get my shot at him one on one, that reign of his will be short lived.

Sam: And I intend to do my part to help you get that shot.  As long as we can work well together, I like our chances of winning.

Kittie: Yeah, well you have to get through Raab and Gothika first, champ.  And unfortunately for you, Rage here might underestimate the challenge that is ahead of you guys.

Rage turns and glares at Kittie and she just shrugs, standing by what she says.

Sam: Well I can promise you that I’ll be ready for Gothika.  I’ll do my best to make sure that, just like her stablemate Raynin, she won’t be advancing to the second round.

Rage again looks confused until Sam points to the monitor where the main event has just ended.  Steve Ramone is celebrating on the outside of the ring after assisting Alexis Edwards with the pin on Raynin.  Rage looks at the screen and lets out shocked laugh.

Rage: Well shit...they actually pulled it off.  No one saw that one coming.

Kittie: Yeah well when Ben gets teamed with someone who is batshit crazier than I am, excuse me if I wasn’t placing my bets on him.  Regardless of Steve and Alexis hating each other.

Sam: I thought Ben and Raynin stood a better chance at winning that match, honestly.

Rage shrugs before he turns the monitor off.

Rage: Too bad.  Was looking forward to beating the shit out of Ben.  No offense...isn’t he your boyfriend or something?

Sam just smiles politely and shakes her head.  Kittie just stares at Rage, suddenly confused, but she remains quiet.

Sam: Ben and I are just friends, and don’t worry.  No offense taken.  Anyway, I better get going.  I just thought I would come talk to you for a few minutes.  Again, don’t worry about me not playing my part.  I won’t let you down in this one.

Rage: Yeah, I hope not.

Sam: It was nice speaking with you.  I’ll see you two next week.

Rage just nods as Sam turns and walks away.  Kittie is still staring at Rage, but Rage is staring at Sam as she walks away.  Or at least he’s staring at her backside, and Kittie notices.  She suddenly kicks Rage in his shin, causing him to lurch forward and let out a painful growl.

Rage: Ow!  What the fuck was that for?!

Kittie: First off, did you actually say no offense?!  You’re seriously turning soft!

Rage: What?!  She’s been hanging out with Ben for a while now and she’s my partner in this damn tournament!  I don’t exactly want her on my bad side!

Kittie snarls at him.

Kittie: Yeah and I saw you looking at her good side, asshole!  You couldn’t even hide the fact that you were staring at her ass!

Rage: I wasn’t staring at her ass, Kittie!  I was making sure Candy Overton didn’t attack her again or something!  Fuck...she has a target on her back now that she’s got that belt, ya know?!

Kittie: You’re such a shitty liar, you know that?  You’re sleeping on the couch until this tournament is over.

Rage shakes his leg, trying to get feeling back into his shin, and he looks at Kittie with a laugh.

Rage: Oh please...You won’t be able to resist me that long and you know it.

Kittie smiles and chuckles wickedly.

Kittie: We’ll see about that.  I think a little sexual frustration is just what you need anyway.  You’re too fucking happy these days.

Kittie looks at Rage with a serious look in her eyes, but Rage just shakes his head.  The amused smile on his face gives away that he doesn’t believe her for a second, and before he can say another word, Kittie turns storms off.  Rage’s eyes drift to Kittie’s ass as she walks away.

Rage: Kittie’s ass is better anyways…

He lets out a laugh before he follows behind Kittie, not realizing the trouble he’s gotten himself into.

Wednesday March 2nd
Sin City Wrestling Training Facility
Las Vegas

With just a few days until The Seven Deadly Sins were scheduled to fly back to California for Climax Control in Eureka, Synn thought it important that Despayre and Rage get in some training time before their matches this weekend.  Both had challenging opponents in their first round matches for the Blast From The Past tournament, though Rage, of course, wasn’t as concerned about Lord Raab as everyone else was telling him to be.  And before Rage and Sam Marlowe would be squaring off against Lord Raab and Gothika, Despayre and Crystal Millar had been booked against Goth and Traci Patterson.  Despayre was all too familiar with facing Goth, as he had done so a few times already, so Synn wasn’t as concerned about preparing Despayre.  Instead, Synn was going to tackle the stubborn Sin of Wrath instead.  That is...whenever he decided to show up at the gym.

Synn: I still don’t understand why Rage didn’t come here with the two...I’m sorry, three of you.

Synn turns his attention to Kittie, Phillip and the attractive blonde woman sitting next to Phillip.  No doubt his new girlfriend.

Synn: I told him I had reserved the gym for today.  Did he have other plans he didn’t tell me about?

Despayre: He probably went to Panda Express without me again!  The nerve!

Phillip’s girlfriend giggles and Kittie even manages to laugh, but she doesn’t respond.  She’s still apparently angry with Rage.

Phil: Kittie is giving him the silent treatment.  Something about him staring at his tag partner’s ass?  He’s been sleeping on the couch the past few days.

Despayre: Swear jar!

Synn lets out a chuckle.

Synn: Sounds like a normal day to me.  Those two live to annoy each other it seems.

From several feet away, Despayre is seen staring intently at Phillip’s girlfriend, and she has a bit of an uncomfortable look on her face.  Before she can speak up, though, the doors to the gym burst open and Rage storms inside carrying his duffel bag.  He looks directly at Kittie and Phillip, spotting the unfamiliar blonde standing next to his brother.

Rage: Ya know, if you two are gonna be pissed off at me that’s all fine and dandy, but I’m done sleeping on the couch in MY house.

Phillip’s girlfriend appears a little taken back at Rage’s sheer size and booming voice and attitude.  She squeezes Phillip’s hand nervously, and Phillip looks at her quickly as he stands up.

Phil: That would be my brother.  Maddie, give me a second to talk to him.

Maddie: I’m not going anywhere.

She smiles sweetly at Phillip and he turns and walks up to his brother.  Rage looks at Maddie, then back to Phillip, but he doesn’t seem very happy.

Rage: So much for you waiting to introduce her.  And what do you know, I’m the last to meet her it seems.

Phil: Yeah, because the one person I was afraid of scaring her off is you, dude.  Do you think you can tone it down for a bit?

Rage: Tone what down?!  You guys couldn’t even wait for me, so excuse me for being--

Synn suddenly clears his throat, stealing Rage’s attention for a moment.  Rage glances to him and Synn motions to Maddie, who is trying her best not to watch the confrontation between her boyfriend and his brother.

Synn: You’re not exactly making the best first impression, Rage.

Rage lets out a sigh before he shakes his head and turns his attention back to Phillip.

Rage: Fine...I’m sorry, alright?  I’m just a little...frustrated.

Kittie lets out a loud laugh and Rage glares over to her.  She quickly looks away, taking the full blame for his...frustration.  Rage shakes his head again.

Rage: Are you gonna introduce her or what?  She’s apparently met most everyone else already.

Phillip stares at his brother for a moment before he turns around and looks to Maddie.  He nods to her and she stands up and walks over to them, taking her place at Phillip’s side.

Phil: Madeline, this is my brother...Rage.  Rage, this is Madeline.

Maddie: You can call me Maddie.  Everybody does.

Despayre: Mad Maddie!

The three of them look over to Despayre as he’s having a quiet(?) conversation with Angel.  Kittie lets out another chuckle and Synn just looks to his son.

Synn: Joshua…

Rage lets out a laugh.

Rage: I see you met Despayre.  Congrats, the worst is over.

Phil: Not exactly…

Maddie: He actually won’t come near me.  He’s been watching me like a hawk for some reason.

Rage glances back over to Despayre and sees that he is, indeed, watching Maddie like a hawk.  Rage just rolls his eyes.

Rage: Just be glad he hasn’t given you the girlfriend application yet.  Hey Despy, you’re not planning on--

Despayre: Don’t talk to me, traitor!

Phillip and Kittie both burst out laughing as Despayre runs over and sits next to Kittie.  Maddie looks slightly confused.

Maddie: What was that all about?

Phil: Long story short, Despayre loves Panda Express and Rage went without him the other day.  Big mistake.

Maddie: He likes Panda Express?  I love their Orange Chicken!  Phil and I would be more than happy to take him if--

ZOOM! Despayre suddenly rushes past them, nearly knocking Maddie to the ground!  Synn just shakes his head, knowing there is no going back now.

Rage: Looks like now is your chance.  He won’t let you wait.

Phillip looks over to Synn.

Phil: Do you mind?

Synn just responds with a wave of his hand.

Synn: I’ll have to be now.  Have fun.

Kittie stands up from the bench.

Kittie: I’ll join you guys.  Extra set of eyes on Despayre…

Rage seems a little shocked that Kittie is ditching him yet again, but he doesn’t argue.  Phillip, Kittie and Maddie all head out of the gym and off to their impromptu lunch at Panda Express.  Rage shrugs and turns around, letting out a sigh.

Synn: Where are you going?

Rage: The training session is pretty much pointless now, don’t you think?  I’m going back home.

Synn shakes his head.

Synn: There is no rule that says everyone else has to be here for your training session, Rage.  You still need to prepare to face Lord Raab.

Rage laughs.

Rage: Why does everyone think this guy is such a threat?  He might call himself the masked German Monster but I ain’t afraid of him.

Synn: I’m trying to understand why you don’t see very concerned about stepping into the ring with Raab, or any other opponent for that matter.  Since you’ve been back you never seem to be even the least bit threatened about someone who poses a real challenge to you.

Rage: You do realize that I’m about four inches taller and seventy pounds heavier than he is, right?

Synn nods.

Synn: I am aware, but you of all people should know that size isn’t everything.

Rage suddenly raises an eyebrow at Synn’s choice of words, but before he can get a word in, Synn holds up his hand and stops him.

Synn: I realize how that sounded, and that is not how I intended.  My point is, Joshua faced Raab just a few weeks ago and he fared quite well.  He’s taken on much larger opponents more times than I can count and proved to be a bigger threat than they are.  And trust me when I say that Raab is not one to take lightly.

Rage: I appreciate your concern, Synn, but I’m not worried about Raab.  I know he’s one tough son of a bitch, but I don’t care.  And if there is a reason that I don’t seem threatened by anyone since being back, it’s because I’m trying not to take this shit so seriously this time around.  If I get too wrapped up in shit, that’s when it’s all gonna come back to bite me in the ass.  I’m just going to walk into these matches, not giving shit if I win or lose and do what I do best.  Beat the shit out of these guys.

Synn: So you were lying to Sam Marlowe this week when you said that you wanted to walk out of My Bloody Valentine with the title?  And that you want the shot at J2H’s World Heavyweight title?

Rage lets out a sigh and drops his duffel bag on the ground.  Synn folds his arms, waiting for him to answer and Rage tries to find the best way to explain what he meant.

Rage: Look, of course I wanted the damn title, and I still do.  I’d be stupid not to.  But my point is that I’m not letting it consume my every damn thought and getting in over my head.  I’m not gonna walk around this place like I’m hot shit like every other asshole does, because that’s when mistakes are made.  I told Sam my head would be in the game and that I’d do my best to make sure we win this thing, and I wasn’t lying.  I’m taking this shit one match at a time, and once I step into that ring with Raab...I know what I have to do, okay?

Synn: If you know what you have to do, then you won’t put up any further argument about this training session.

Rage reaches down and picks up his duffel bag, throwing the strap over his shoulder.  He looks at Synn and shakes his head.

Rage: Sorry, Synn.  Just not feeling it today.  I’m tired as hell, and I feel like crashing in my own bed for a while before Kittie tries to make me sleep on the couch again.

Synn: If you’re having trouble sleeping on the sofa, you’re more than welcome to stay at my place.  You know that.

Rage laughs.

Rage And hear you and Shipman?  I think Ill pass.

Synn: Oh please.  It’s no worse than you and Kittie...or so I’m told.

Rage: Thanks, Synn...but I’ll be fine.  I’ll see you tomorrow.

Synn: If you refuse to get a training session in, at least remember to study some of Raab’s past matches.

Rage nods.

Rage: Yeah, yeah.  I’ll be sure to do that.

Rage turns back around and heads out of the gym as Synn just stands there, not arguing against his better judgement,shaking his head disappointedly.  He throws his hands up in the air before turning around to go inform the person Rage was supposed to spar with that the session was off.  Normally he would lecture Rage until the big man gave him, but this time he chose not to.  If it backfired on Rage, and he underestimated Raab like he was thinking would happen, he wouldn’t allow it in the future.  Sunday was already shaping up to be a hell of a day…

Blast From The Past.  The one tournament every year that gets everyone talking.  Who will my partner be?  Will I get paired with someone worth a damn?  Who will we face?  Blah..blah...fucking blah!  I’ve never been a big fan of these stupid tournaments, especially this whole Blast From The Past thing, because let’s face it...I don’t really trust anyone outside of the Sins.  There’s a reason for that, but nothing that I’m going to get into right now, if ever.

I’ve seen some interesting pairings this year, but I’ve also seen some fucked up ones.  Prime example...Alexis Edwards and Steve Ramone.  Talk about dysfunctional team if there ever was one.  Then again, I can’t really blame that cranky bitch, Alexis, for not wanting to team with Steve.  Odette was in the same situation a couple of years back and she made it seem like it was the end of the fucking world!  Oh well..not my problem...yet.  Alexis and Steve have already advanced to the second round, but this week, me and my partner get our chance to do the same thing.

I know just a minute ago I said I don’t trust anyone outside of the Sins, but I think I’d be stupid not to trust Sam Marlowe in this tournament.  I don’t know the chick on a personal level, but that doesn’t matter.  I’ve watched her wrestle a few times, and she’s got a shit ton of talent.  Her sister on the other hand?  Not sure I’d be able to trust that bitch, but thank fuck she wasn’t signed up for it.  I’d probably get myself suspended, or fired, had the other Marlowe been part of this tournament and not Sam.  

I gotta admit, I wasn’t looking forward to finding out the pairings for this tournament.  With my luck, I was expecting to get Candy Overton or something, but wouldn’t you know, I lucked out!  I got paired with the woman who ended that annoying whore, Mikah’s reign of terror.  She did what no one else has been able to do for MONTHS, and I’m digging my chances at making it all the way to the finals.

I’m already hearing whispers and talks that Sam has another big challenge this week when we face Raab and Gothika.  But come on?  Are you people fucking serious?  Sam, if you’re watching this, you ain’t got shit to worry about.  Gothika talks a big fucking game, and walks around trying to be all intimidating because she likes to drink blood, but the bitch has issues!  BIG ISSUES!  

Gothika...the Twilight reject.  The blood-sucking freak...You might think otherwise, but ya don’t stand a chance this week.  I’m sure you’ll spend more time trying to sink your fangs into Sam’s neck and get a taste of her blood than to actually wrestle her and get your team the win.  It’s too bad, because you are the only hope your team really has.  Considering you drew the short end of the stick by getting paired with Lord Raab, the bastard who hates women.  And to top it all off ya get booked against me and Sam.  

Lord Raab...Lord Raab...Fuck, I can’t even say that name without laughing not only in my head but out loud.  The fuck kind of name is Lord Raab, and why does ANYONE take him seriously?  Oh...right...he walks around wearing some *air quotes* scary mask, and talks all angry and does horrible shit.  *chuckles* I’m sorry, but I look at that piece of shit and I just...laugh.

Raab, you’ve got problems.  That fucking much is clear.  The fact that you’ve actually held the World Heavyweight Championship just pisses me off.  Seriously..how the fuck does ANYONE let a guy like you beat them?  Oh, wait...that was all Kain’s fault.  I take back everything I said, because how that douchebag ever won the title still amazes me.  But, that’s besides the point.  

Raab, I look at you and all I want to do is rip that pathetic mask of your face and bash your fucking face into the steel ringpost over...and over...and over again.  I’m sick to fucking death of people telling me how much of a challenge you are.  Or how scary you are.  Or how GOOD you are in the ring, because I’ve watched some of your past matches and I don’t see shit to brag about!  Not to mention, everything about you is just...fucked up!

One thing really fucking confuses me, though.  You hate women...you despise women...yet you actually LET them use you as a replacement for Ethan Alexander when that piece of shit suddenly retired after My Bloody Valentine?  If that doesn’t scream impending doom, I don’t know what the fuck does.  But, let me give you a fair warning, Raab.  You’re gonna be surrounded by women this Sunday.  Kittie will be at ringside.  Sam will be there as my partner, and Gothika as yours.  And there is a big fucking chance that Jasmine St. John will be the referee for this match.  I’m gonna warn you now, Raab, you even THINK about laying a finger on Kittie or Sam...I won’t hesitate to rip you to fucking shreds.  

I don’t give a fuck what some fucked up woman did to you in your past to make you hate women so much.  I don’t care, Raab.  You so much as look at Kittie or Sam funny, and I will end you.  I couldn’t give a shit if you decide to lose your shit and beat the fuck out of Gothika, but I’m protecting my own.  And for the duration of this tournament, I’m looking out for Sam.  Got it, asshole?

I don’t know your reasons for being a part of this tournament, and I don’t care.  I don’t give a shit if this is some fucked up therapy experiment, or maybe some fucked up way for you to cop a freaky feel or two.  You may be married to a guy, but for all I know, this hate for women could be a complete show, but I’m getting off topic here.  After this week, Raab?  You won’t have to worry about teaming with Gothika any longer, because I’ve got plans and they involve me and Sam making it to the finals.  You see I’ve got my eyes on that World Heavyweight championship in J2H’s possession right now and I’ll be damned if I let some unintimidating worthless piece of shit like you get that shot over me.  It just ain’t happening.

Bring your worst on Sunday, Raab.  I want to get a glimpse of that german monster people keep warning me about.  Prove me wrong, Raab.  You’re so intimidating?  So scary and dangerous in the ring?  Unleash that fucking monster, because I haven’t seen him yet and quite honestly, I doubt I’ll ever see him.  Toe to toe...face to face...only one of us is truly the dangerous one around here, Raab.

And that person is ME.  

See you Sunday, asshole!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 11:08:13 PM by Rage »