Author Topic: #22  (Read 403 times)

Offline J2H

• View Profile
    • J2H
« on: March 04, 2016, 01:07:36 PM »
 The following takes place during the party thrown by Melody Grace. You can find that right about here.

The party is thumping as SCW stars, former stars and other wrestling world celebrities yet to step in to an SCW ring the rooftop bar in the London Hotel in West Hollywood to celebrate the 22nd birthday of SCW World champion, J2H. Indeed, Melody Grace has outdone herself as amazing decorations fill the outside area, including the initials of J2H reflecting peacefully off of a pool, the humming bu
of a smoke machine flicking out the dry ice mix to the air within the beats of the music and balloons and streamers of black and gold randomly fill the area. The area is alive with noise as chatter from SCW stars like the Seven Deadly Sins standing to one side chatting amongst themselves, to the pairing of Mercedes Vargas and Joshua Acquin deep in conversation, to the bosses Christian Underwood and Mark Ward surveying the scene before them, the party was indeed in full swing, except...

Where exactly was the birthday boy?

Nowhere to be seen amongst the crowd of well wishers or party goers, the SCW World champions absence was clearly noted. The camera moves to Simpson, talking to Jason Adams, again, J2H nowhere to be seen. Melody Grace moves around the scene, talking to people and handing out drinks in her role of organizer/host. She too looks around the scene, unable to see J2H. She turns to Ben Jordan, standing nearby with Samantha Marlowe.

Melody: Hey Ben, Sammi, have you guys seen James?

Ben: I've seen him, not lately but he's a little fella with a bunch of tattoos.

Melody and Sam can't help but smile as Ben grins widely.

Melody: That's the guy! Any idea where he might be? I haven't seen him in ages.

Melody's eyes widen as she gulps hard.

Melody: I hope he hasn't left! All that money, getting all these people here! He can't have left!

Ben: Calm down sweets, he's probably here somewhere.

Indeed he was, looking down at the whole proceedings from way up high. Looking down at the party from a balcony, J2H watches his party in full swing, his eyes moving around from various guests but always returning to Melody. His hand grips a bottle of cold beer as he watches the action from ten feet above the main crowd, a slight smile on his face as he watched Melody speak to Ben and Sam. He lifts the beer to his lips before taking a gulp of the cold beverage. Removing it from his lips, he breathes deep before turning around and moving through a doorway and towards the top of a staircase, watching people move past the bottom of the stairs and sits at the top of the stairs, looking down them.

J2H: All these people here for me, when I should be focused on taking on a giant.

He wraps both hands around the beer bottle and breathes deeply.

J2H: I shocked the world by telling people I'm keeping what I won and yet friends, rivals and anyone who wants my gold have turned up here to celebrate my day when my mind should be on keeping the belt longer. I asked for the biggest person they could find and the bosses, they came up with Casey. Long time friend, long time rival and I'm fucking glad they came up with Casey.

J2H continues to talk to himself.

J2H: This title has been around the waists of people I can not respect for love nor money, people have got shots at the belt that didn't deserve it but Casey on the other hand, he does actually deserve a shot at the title. He's been here from day one, he's been here to take on everyone and never complained about jack shit. Out of all the people that came to me when it came to me talking about me giving up the title, Casey was the only one that came to me with respect about what I'd done in my career to get where I am, where other little assholes came to me asking if I would just give the belt to them. This is why Casey Williams is different, he didn't want me to hand him the belt, he'd only take it if he could rip it directly from my hands. Something about that I have to respect. I'm glad he is my first title defence. He is the kinda person you want to make a statement with and I know everyone's gonna say I've beat him constantly and well, honestly, yeah, I have beat him constantly, but this is different. I watched his title shot against Drake Green and Drake Green don't know how lucky he was to have friends around him to help him through that. I know I'm not dealing with any kind of animal here, I'm dealing with Casey Williams wanting the biggest prize there is. I'll be stupid to think he won't up his game and come at me like a wild animal, but I know I can beat him.

J2H lifts the beer to his mouth and takes another gulp before continuing to talk to himself.

J2H: This is no different from when I've beat him before, there is no added pressure to this one because there is a title on the line, my title, a title I had to earn by beating the whole damn roster. Absolutely no added pressure for me, just another match, except this time, I get to celebrate by holding the title belt above my head.

J2H turns his head, looking away from the bottom of the stairs.

J2H: Although I do get this weird feeling about this match, like something is gonna happen that I don't expect. I know I won't lose, everyone knows I'm gonna take this one and go out and impress but maybe I should get the hell out of there right after the match.

He turns his head back to the bottom of the stairs as he spots people walking past.

J2H: Probably should shake Casey's hand after the match or something because I don't hate him anymore. He backed the wrong horse when he sided with Drake Green and I told him it would all end in tears but friend, rival, pain in the ass, he earned my respect for being in SCW and not bitching every week when a card goes up. That puts him ahead of everyone else and don't get me started on the people who fuck off when they don't win. Blame everyone except the only person who could change that.... Themselves.

He quickly shakes his head.

J2H: This is why the right man has the title, the right man to lead the company, the right man to take SCW up a level cause I'm gonna hold my title forever and fuck anyone who don't like it.

J2H takes a gulp of the beer from the still cold bottle before continuing to speak to himself.

J2H: I'm not gonna be one of those champions who underestimate anyone cause their win loss record looks like shit, I'm gonna take everyone seriously, starting with Casey. Everyone wants to hold the title forever, but my goal is different, my goal is to beat every single person on the roster, every man that is here, hell, every son of a bitch who signs up. Come Sunday, I will be ticking Casey off the list as the first person I beat. It's unfortunate but I don't plan on being one of those champions that lose in defence one. I plan on taking this title through to the end of SCW, I don't care if it's a year or ten, this belt is going nowhere fast. I will be known as the greatest champion to ever step in a ring and I will go out there on Sunday and taking care of business and firing a message to the entire roster that this is mine, it will always be mine and poor Casey will be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I have to prove a point on Sunday, I have to start as I mean to go on and that is something I will do.

J2H smiles.

J2H: This is my time and I will shine. Casey is number one, and all the respect in the world is not gonna stop me from putting on a show, sending a message to the roster and moving on to the next challenger. Casey is not winning this, trust me. This one is mine all over. Nothing Casey can do will ever get the title out of my hands, nothing he can do will ever drag this one away from me.

J2H looks up at the bottom of the stairs to see Melody Grace Carpenter-Huntington-Hawkes Number 1 looking up at him. J2H looks down the stairs at Melody.

J2H: How much of that did you hear?

Melody starts to walk up the steps.

Melody: Nothing Casey can do to take your title, blah, blah, blah.

Melody smiles at J2H, who rubs his hand on his forehead.

Melody: I should get back to the party and hand out drinks.

J2H: Sit down for a minute, all I've seen you do is run around playing party mother, handing out drinks and talking to people.

Melody looks at J2H with lowered eyebrows before walking up the steps and turning around, squeezing herself on to the same step as J2H, wiggling him over a little.  

Melody: Now why aren't you down there enjoying your party?

J2H scratches the side of his face.

J2H: I'm enjoying it, I'm just taking a breather from it. I've shook so many hands and I don't know so many of these people. Thought I'd avoid the handshaking for a bit. I have a question.

Melody: I might have an answer, unless it's a math question, I might not have an answer for that.

J2H: It's not a math question.

Melody: Oh good, cause all those numbers.

J2H: My question is why did you do all this for me? Considering other than a few tweets, we're not exactly besties. This has been the most we've been around each other since... Well, you know.

Melody bites her lower lip before turning to face J2H.

Melody: Well it's your birthday, you like parties, you just won your first world title so you deserve this.

J2H: But it must have cost a fortune and that car you bought me for my birthday. How can you afford these things?

Melody: It doesn't matter how I got these things, the point is you deserved this. Plus I probably owe you for the whole disappearing thing, so it made sense.

J2H: Surprising that you remembered my birthday, you got one over on my parents at least.

Melody: You mean they didn't....

J2H raises hand and shakes his head firmly.

J2H: Nope, they didn't. Doesn't matter anyway, not the first time, sure as hell won't be the last time they forget something like this, but this isn't your responsibility.

Melody: So you're telling me you wouldn't have done this for me?

J2H tilts his head, looking at Melody with his lips pressed tight together.

Melody: Stupid question.

J2H: I didn't say anything. I mean I would have maybe done something if things were not who we seem to be, hell, I don't even  know what we are meant to be right now.

Melody: So I did wrong?

A disappointed look crosses Melody's face as she turns her head away from J2H, but J2H instinctive grabs her hand, wrapping his fingers around the top of her hand, causing Melody to hold her breath. He quickly sees his instinctive move and pulls his hand away.

J2H: No, not at all.

Melody exhales with relief

J2H: You went above what you should have done for someone in our situation. You did good, even though you didn't have to. You're popular, you coulda been anywhere other than here and throwing this thing for me, but you're here.

Melody: Wouldn't want to be anywhere other than here.

J2H looks at Melody as she closes her eyes tightly as the words unintentionally fall from her lips. Melody starts to turn a shade of red as J2H smiles.

J2H: You're going red, starting to look like a traffic light.

Melody starts to fan her face with her hands.

Melody: No, it's just really hot in here.

She moves her hands more rapidly, causing a wider smile from J2H as he looks at her.  

J2H: Must be really hot in here judging by the shade your face is going.

Melody: Maybe we should get back to the party. I'm sure you  haven't shaken everyone's hand yet. There's got to be more people out there.... Have you met Ted?

J2H: An How I Met Your Mother reference?

Melody stands up, ignoring J2H's comment as she starts to move down the stairs, dragging J2H with her as she goes.

J2H: Pretty strong when you're determined.

J2H moves in front of Melody, reaching the bottom before Melody. Melody tries to speed up in heels but misses the last step and stumbling forward. J2H reaches out and catches her in his arms, their upper bodies pressing against each other. The two stare at each other for a few seconds, keeping eye contact before Melody speaks in a soft voice.

Melody: Thank you.

Derek Thorne stands behind the two, watching their actions.

Derek: All you two need is Michael Buble singing Lost and she wouldn't have to tell you what she really should. Actions would speak louder than words.

J2H turns to see Derek standing after hearing his comment. He turns his head back towards Melody.

J2H: What's he mean?

Melody's eyes widen.

Melody: Doesn't matter, let's get you back around the party people and get you some booze, lots of booze.

Melody glares at Derek.

Melody: Mind numbing booze.

Melody takes J2H by the wrist and leads him in towards the party as the scene fades on Derek Thorne's smiling face.
>