Author Topic: Veni, vidi, vici  (Read 1792 times)

Offline Andrew

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Bill Barnhart
Veni, vidi, vici
« on: February 29, 2016, 12:25:59 PM »
 OOC:  Just wanted to toss this out there to let people know how James Tuscini is feeling about being here in SCW and to provide a little more background information on his family.

The television screen is black but we hear someone speaking as the audio portion of the broadcast is working. We recognize the voice as that of James Tuscini of Sin City Wrestling.

JAMES TUSCINI:  Veni, vidi, vici. Latin for I came, I saw, I conquered.

The Network fires up the video portion of this broadcast so in addition to hearing the voice of James “Guido” Tuscini so we also see his image. The camera quickly pans around the room and we can tell it is a house with old furniture before stopping on James Tuscini. Today we see James dressed in black trousers and a black pullover shirt.

JAMES TUSCINI:  The phrase veni, vidi, vici, is often attributed to Julius Caesar but more likely someone else said it first and he used it for his benefit as I use it now for mine. Matt Spears and Chris Burden were both a bit more efficient in the wrestling ring than I expected. Both were pathetic compared to me but still they showed a slight bit of promise. Using the Latin phrase that I opened my segment with I will state that I came to Sin City Wrestling, I saw I was booked for a Triple Threat match, and I conquered my opponents. Yeah it really is that simple.

James asks the cameraman to pan around the house to show the old, possibly antique, furniture.

JAMES TUSCINI:  I’m at my Uncle Pinky’s home in San Francisco. I would like to give you some background on why I live with my Uncle. I told you before the only surviving relative I have on my mother’s side of the family is Uncle Pinky her brother. All the relatives on my father’s side of the family are deceased. Grandma and Grandpa are deceased. The other siblings of my mother are deceased. When my mother passed away in 2011 I decided to pool resources with my Uncle. I figured with Uncle Pinky’s small retirement check, and my income from wrestling, we could pay the bills and have lots of money left over. The furniture you see here is mostly from my mother’s home. Some of this furniture was brought over from Sicily when her parents immigrated to the United States. It’s nice to live in a home with classic, and possibly antique, furniture.

Tuscini’s cell phone rings and James, being an open and honest person, places the call on speaker so that everyone can hear both sides of the conversation.

UNCLE PINKY:  James! It’s your Uncle Pinky!

JAMES TUSCINI:  I know it is you Uncle as your phone number and Caller ID shows up on my phone. I was wondering where you were because when I flew back to San Francisco you weren’t home. What did you call me about Uncle? Didn’t you realize I’m in the middle of airing a segment for Sin City Wrestling? It’s okay because I want to allow the fans to hear this conversation as it should be quite amusing.

UNCLE PINKY:  Oops! I didn’t know as I’m not watching television right now. I’m hanging out with my Italian Mafia friends at the bar and we’re planning our next hit. I did watch your match on Climax Control on Sunday night and I wanted to congratulate you on an awesome win.

JAMES TUSCINI:  Oh? So you’re not gonna sit there and call me a disgrace to the family because, as you like to put it, I work in a fake job? Wrestling isn’t fake Uncle. I earned that win. All three of us got tossed around the ring, and outside the ring, and we all got hit with some hard blows. Nothing fake about that eh?

UNCLE PINKY:  Okay. Sorry. I’ll try to back off on you for now anyway.

JAMES TUSCINI:  Uncle I don’t want to air out the dirty laundry of our family but I feel the fans are entitled to know what’s really going on here.

UNCLE PINKY:  Such as?

JAMES TUSCINI:  Please stop me any time you feel I’m not telling the truth okay? When you were young you knew Bruno Sammartino the wrestler. He wanted to train you to bring you into the American Wrestling Association. Bruno tried to help you understand how to wrestle professionally but you just never got the hang of it so you had to walk away from professional wrestling. Am I being honest so far?

UNCLE PINKY:  Yes.

JAMES TUSCINI:  You walked away from professional wrestling but being an uneducated Italian in San Francisco you had a hard time getting a job. The two jobs that would accept you was as a garbage man or a door man. You selected door man at the Mark Hopkins Hotel in San Francisco because you didn’t want to be covered in trash and slop all day long. Am I right so far?

UNCLE PINKY:  Yes.

JAMES TUSCINI:  You did an honest job, for an honest paycheck, and you served the residents of the Mark Hopkins Hotel with style and respect. It just happened that there came a time where having a door man wasn’t required any longer due to the creation of doors that opened automatically. Technology has a way of pushing people out of their jobs. But at least they were nice to give you a small retirement check for the rest of your life. Am I doing honestly thus far?

UNCLE PINKY:  Yes James.

JAMES TUSCINI:  All I ask of you, as my only surviving relative, is to please respect me for my mother’s sake, your sister’s sake, and support me in my wrestling career. Deal?

UNCLE PINKY:  Deal but under one condition. You have to support me in my job being associated with the Italian Mafia in San Francisco. Deal?

JAMES TUSCINI:  *sigh* Okay if that’s what it takes to have an agreement between us then it is a deal. Just don’t keep asking me to join the fictitious Italian Mafia with you because I’m happy wrestling. I have to get back to my segment. Good Bye!

James ends his call with his Uncle Pinky.

JAMES TUSCINI:  Now that the interruptions are over I can get to the real reason I’m in front of the camera. I won my Triple Threat Match against Matt Spears and Chris Burden. Am I going to stand here and brag about my win, claim that I’m the best wrestler ever to grace Sin City Wrestling, and claim that I am never going to lose a match? No I can’t do that and neither can anyone else in SCW. Any wrestler who makes the claim that they will never lose a match has already lost. Everyone loses eventually. It could be due to you making a mistake. It could be due to an illness or injury. It could be due to your opponent cheating or a bad call by the Referee. It doesn’t matter if any of those things happen to cause you to lose as it still counts as a loss. I know that my win in that Triple Threat match caught the attention of many here in the Federation. I know that in upcoming matches I will continue to be assigned to tougher and more demanding matches and tougher and more demanding opponents. My job isn’t to brag about my win. My job is to ensure I’m always ready for any match, any rules, any stipulations, against any opponent. Thank you for joining me today. I appreciate the opportunity to let you know how I feel.

James motions that his segment is done and the Network cuts the feet and puts up a commercial.