Author Topic: This Is Who I Am  (Read 1796 times)

Online Andrew

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Bill Barnhart
This Is Who I Am
« on: February 17, 2016, 11:57:48 AM »
 The cameras are rolling and we see backstage reporter Scott Oliver, also known as "Stoner" standing outside the dressing room of the newest member of Sin City Wrestling James "Guido" Tuscini. The hallway is blocked off at the nearest intersections and there are many fans hanging out behind the barricade to get a glimpse of Tuscini. We don't have to wait long before the dressing room door opens and James Tuscini steps out to stand next to Scott Oliver for his first interview in SCW.

SCOTT OLIVER:  Welcome to Sin City Wrestling James. The fans would like to know who you are and what you are about.

JAMES TUSCINI:  Aren't you the one who has the nickname "Stoner?"

SCOTT OLIVER:  Yep! That's me!

JAMES TUSCINI:  Here I am a clean-living guy and I have to be interviewed by a stoner? Geez!

SCOTT OLIVER:  And I have to stand here and interview someone with the nickname "Guido?"

JAMES TUSCINI:  I will explain that nickname later. What do you and the fans want to know about me?

SCOTT OLIVER:  We already know you are 32 years old and you come from San Francisco, California. We know you've been in wrestling for a good part of your life but we don't know what Wrestling Federations you've been involved in or what Titles, if any, you've held. Do you care to give us some information on that?

JAMES TUSCINI:  I made it clear on my Bio Sheet, which was made public to everyone, that whatever accomplishments I have in other Wrestling Federations has no bearing on my current assignment in Sin City Wrestling. I know a lot of wrestlers transfer from one Federation to another and they bring all their past accomplishments with them. I could care less if someone won every Title Belt in some other Federation if they're not accomplishing anything here in SCW. If they haven't accomplished anything here then whatever they've accomplished in the past is useless information. The only thing you and the fans need to know is what I accomplish here in Sin City Wrestling. That means you need to pay attention and watch what I accomplish here.

SCOTT OLIVER:  Okay so what are your goals to accomplish here in SCW?

JAMES TUSCINI:  I've built my wrestling career on always performing to the best of my abilities. I hate watching' wrestlers with great wrestling talent give weak performances just so they can collect a paycheck. I also hate wrestlers who have pathetic wrestling talent trying to make it look like they are one of the best in the business. If you suck, you suck, and you need to come to grips with that fact and accept it. Both make me want to puke. I always give my best effort and whether I win or lose a wrestling match always know I'm here to have fun and enjoy what I do best and that is performing in the wrestling ring.

SCOTT OLIVER:  What's this thing with your Uncle, I believe you mentioned his name is Pinky, who also lives in San Francisco, claiming he's a member of the Italian Mafia and he keeps asking you to join the Italian Mafia with him?

JAMES TUSCINI:  Way back in the day when I was a little boy my Uncle Pinky worked as a Door Man at the Mark Hopkins Hotel in San Francisco. He felt degraded having to do menial work, for Minimum Wage, so he created this fantasy world where he believes he's a member of the Italian Mafia. He claims to have done hits for the Italian Mafia in San Francisco but he's not telling the truth. Uncle Pinky has so much trouble killing a fly or a cockroach in his home that I know he could never pull off killing another human. Since Uncle Pinky had issues with doing a basic labor job as a Door Man he thinks I'm doing our family an insult by having a career in wrestling. My Uncle calls me "Guido" which is our family term for a lower class of Italian, a working-class Italian, who is unable to find a better line of work. Tha's what they used to call my Uncle Pinky when he was a Door Man and that's why he made up his Italian Mafia stories. He's actually told me that wrestling is faked and that we're just like actors in a movie who pretend to do things. I keep telling him we're athletes who have to be in great shape as we perform some hellacious maneuvers that would hurt those who are not well trained. Even with this mindset Uncle Pinky actively watches wrestling and his favorite wrestler of all time was Bruno Sammartino, an Italian wrestler, who used to be in American Wrestling Association which operated in the San Francisco area for many decades. Secretly Uncle Pinky roots for me when I wrestle and he really gets into wrestling so that's why I named my primary Finisher the Mafia Hit to stroke my Uncle's ego a bit.

SCOTT OLIVER:  Oh man that's some funny stuff. So to recap what you've said you're here in Sin City Wrestling to perform as a wrestler, in any type of match, against anyone they send your way, and your concept is to perform to the best of your abilities and to have fun and that you are not obsessing about trying to win Title Belts. Is that correct?

JAMES TUSCINI:  Yes you got it right Scott.

SCOTT OLIVER:  And you have an Uncle who had a career of menial labor so he created this persona that he's really a hit man in the Italian Mafia, he tells you wrestling is fake, but he loves watching wrestling, and he thinks you are a common working class Italian doing menial labor for wanting to be a wrestler instead of a Door Man or pretending to be a Mafia hit man like him?

JAMES TUSCINI:  Yep.

SCOTT OLIVER:  What about the rest of your family or is that too private that you may want to answer?

JAMES TUSCINI:  I'll answer as I've nothing to hide. My mother passed away in July 2011 and she had Alzheimer's which is a terrible thing. She didn't recognize the rest of the family any longer. Her real given name on her Birth Certificate was Italia del Ferrando but she was teased as a kid going to school in San Francisco so she chose Geraldine as her first name. She also didn't like her family much for treating her like a slave girl so she adopted her step-father's last name of Jackson. Father died many years previously. I'm the only child of my parents and all of my mother's brothers are deceased except for Uncle Pinky. I can't help but laugh that my Uncle's given name is Pinky del Ferrando. Sure does sound like an Italian Mafia name eh? I'm not married and I don't have a girlfriend.

When the single women in the crowd hear that James Tuscini isn't married they start cheering, cat calling, and whistling at him.

JAMES TUSCINI:  Tone it down ladies! I'm single but I'm not after having a bunch of groupies stalking me. When the time comes for me to find a nice woman to hang out with I will be the one to make that selection. To continue I also don't own a pet since I travel in my wrestling career and I don't want stress a pet out with the travel requirements. Leaving my pet at home to have Uncle Pinky take care of him wouldn't work either.

SCOTT OLIVER:  Thanks James. That was nice of you to answer a question like that. Now I wish to ask you some tough questions. You are not going all-out to win Title Belts. You said you are not here to try to get into feuds with other wrestlers. You just want to have fun doing what you do the best and that is wrestling. But you know there are always people in every wrestling federation who feel the need to pick on others, to insult them, to demean them, to make jokes about them. You realize that with you being Italian that's likely to bring up some crude comments and jokes. So when that happens what do you plan to do about it?

JAMES TUSCINI:  Great question Scott. If someone wants to insult me by claiming I'm a reject from the Jersey Shore television show, or if they want to make fun of my family members for wishing they really were in the Italian Mafia, and if they want to hurl insults my way, make fun of me, and worse if they want to get physical with me outside of a wrestling match then they need to take heed of some of the lyrics from my entrance music, Face Fisted by Dethklok and let me recite some of them for you.

SCOTT OLIVER:  Please do.

JAMES TUSCINI:  I chose Face Fisted by Dethklok due to the following lyrics which depict that I'm the type of guy who, if you mess with me, you will get back double what you give to me. Lyrics such as:  SO STRONG IS MY FACE YOU PUNCH BREAK FINGERS, KICK ME YOU'RE LIMPING, STAB ME YOU'RE BLEEDING, I'M STRONG, YOU'RE NOT for example. Then you have the lyrics:  I'M MAKING TIME FOR FIGHTING, I'M CLEARING TIME FOR HITTING, WE'LL MEET AND I WILL BEAT YOU is another. Skipping the cursing part of the song we go into the following lyrics:  YOU THINK YOU ARE SO TOUGH, YOU'RE LIVING BLUFF, I WILL PUT YOU DOWN, I WILL MAKE YOU DROWN, I WILL MAKE YOU BLEED, I CANNOT FEEL PAIN, I AM VICTORY, I WRITE HISTORY, FEEL MY FIST ON YOUR FACE, YOU HATE THIS, I FEEL GREAT really tells how I will get revenge on those who attack me. So, Scott, to put is as plainly as I can I'm not here to start fights. I'm not here to start feuds. I'm not here to hurt anyone. I'm not here to talk in Italian or with an Italian accent as I was born and grew up in San Francisco so I speak clear California English. I'm here to wrestle in the matches Management assigns me and I'm here to have fun. Anyone who feels the need to attack me, or have people attack me during a match to obtain a cheap win, will feel my wrath and they won't like what they feel.

SCOTT OLIVER:  Well you sure put it out there for everyone to hear. Thank you for your time to hold this interview with me. This is "Stoner" Scott Oliver saying welcome to James Tuscini to Sin City Wrestling.

The interview is over and James Tuscini turns and walks to his dressing room where he enters and then closes the door behind him. Once the door is closed the cameraman cuts his feed.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 02:39:42 PM by JamesTuscini »