Author Topic: Adventures in Babysitting  (Read 388 times)

Offline Connor Murphy

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Connor Murphy
Adventures in Babysitting
« on: January 09, 2016, 12:36:51 AM »
 â€œBijou loves her teddy and Kit has this habit of…”

The drone of the voice was barely registering for Connor as he sits on the couch, four pairs of eyes watching him intently.  Dressed in a rather ratty worn pair of jeans and a Def Leppard tshirt, Connor slouches lower into the couch as Vixen continues to speak.

“Are you listening to me,” she demands as her hands move to her waist.  Behind her, Spike can be seen bouncing a laughing Bijou as Kit bounces in his exersaucer while Eden waves a toy at him.  Connor can only nod dumbly rather than risk the wrath of Vixen.  â€œGood, now Spike left the restaurant’s number on the fridge and we won’t be too late will we?”

“I have watched a kid or two Vix,” mutters Connor who looks to his left at Tim who shrugs and shakes his head in a ‘don’t look at me’ way that just doesn’t help.  Connor gets off the couch and moves to take Bijou from Spike.  â€œSpike dude, take your woman and go already.  If you don’t, her birthday will be over and she’ll be another year older.”

Spike doesn’t hand the young girl to Connor as he sees the look on Vixen’s face.  Without a word of warning, a sharp slap upside Connor’s head makes him duck as Bijou laughs in her father’s arms.

“Ow…what the hell was that for Vix?” demanded Connor as his hand rubs the sting from his ear and he offers a now smiling Vixen a glare.

“If you need to ask then you need to realize that you can’t insult someone like me.  I may be one year older but I can still kick your ass,” she boasts as she holds out her hands to Bijou who flops from her father to her mother.  â€œNow this is important Connor, Spike and I have not given the twins dinner so you need to feed them.  I set their food out in the kitchen.  And behave.  Tim, you get to babysit the babysitter and Eden gets to babysit you all.”

“Yay Mommie Vixen, I will take good care of them all,” promises Eden with a giggle.  â€œI’ll make Uncle Connor be good.  But if he isn’t, does he get a time out…and can I give him one?”

Connor swoops down and catches Eden in his arms.  â€œFor you princess, I am going to be extra special good, just you watch.”  He tickles her slightly making her squirm then bat at his hands helpless with giggles.  Setting her down, he turns to Vixen and Spike who have set Bijou down in her own exersaucer to play.  â€œSo off you go guys, enjoy and don’t worry about a thing.  I have everything under control…”

Guiding the married pair to the door, Connor keeps offering them a grin like he has nothing at all to worry about.  Finally he opens the door and pushes them outside.  Vixen turns to say something to Connor but he has slammed the door shut on the pair.  Before she can rush back in, Spike takes her by the hand and guides her toward s the car in the drive.

Inside the house, Connor turns to take in the twins playing and Eden watching him with Tim smirking in the background.  Rolling his eyes at his partner, he moves into the room further and reaches for the remote.

“I wanna watch The Little Mermaid,” says Eden holding up the cover of the DVD.  â€œAnd Mommie Vixen said I am the boss of you all!”

“But princess…”

“No butts Uncle Connor,” replies Eden as she holds out the DVD.  â€œMommie Vixen SAID I was the boss of you now play the Little Mermaid,” she insists.

“You heard her Connor, play the little Mermaid,” prods Tim with his own smirk that somewhat matches his sister’s.  Beaten two to one, Connor snatches at the movie and opening the case, shoves it into the player and presses play.  The twins in the meantime babble to each other, the sounds indistinguishable to anyone listening.  

As Eden’s attention is on the movie that is starting, Connor motions to Tim for a second.  â€œI gotta cut a promo for this week,” say Connor, “but how am I going to do that is I am sitting for Vixen.  I mean I gotta watch the kids…unless you…”

Tim holds up his hands in a sign of surrender.  â€œI can’t watch them because Vixen said I was to babysit the babysitter…” Tim starts to chuckle at that which only draws a glare from his partner.  â€œLook, why don’t you grab your smartphone and skype some shit or something.  I’m sure that you could talk about your opponent easily.  It ain’t like you don’t have much to say about him I am sure.”

Connor nods at what seems to be the most logical advice he was paying attention to.  Grabbing his smartphone, he moves to perch on the end of the couch and then putting on the camera, begins to record.

Listen up Grimm.  I know that you have decided that you want to have a little fun with my friend Tim and normally I wouldn’t have to say a God Damn thing…

“Don’t swear Uncle Connor,” admonishes Eden without turning from her favorite movie.

“Gotcha princess,” says Connor as he presses stop then record once more.

Listen up Grimm, this week I face you in the middle of the ring and I know that in the last few weeks you have been getting on my last nerve with the toying that you are doing with my partner and believe it or not, Tim may not need me to but I am going to enjoy kicking the crap out of you because I am not one bit afraid of the big bad you are trying to be.  Sure you look spooky but to me, that is nothing more than appearance.  Hell, if it makes you feel better, I can beat the boo right out of you.  

See, maybe you think you are big and bad but in reality, it doesn’t matter to me.  I ain’t afraid of no ghosts…

Connor smirks at Tim at the obvious Ghostbuster reference which only makes the young redhead roll his eyes and get to his feet to walk out of the room.  A faint slam can be heard from another part of the house as Connor shares a look with Eden.

So Grimm, I have been watching you and I can see that you have decided that you want to play with Tim, want to terrorize him in some way.  Well, he don’t scare that easy but you somehow managed to get under his skin and that affects me too.  Tim is like the little brother I never had and when you mess with one Nobody, you made an enemy of us all.  And like the good big brother I am, I am going to come to that ring on Sunday with some real bad intentions and I…

Suddenly, Kit begins to scream as Bijou grabs at his toy laying on his exersaucer.  Batting at his sister, Kit continues to scream as now Bijou adds her cries to the noise level.  Connor looks into the camera, the microphone picking up every shrill sound.

As much as I want to stay here and chat about the pain and suffering I am going to put you through Grimm, I guess you have been saved by the screams.  Just think…I wonder if your screams will be as loud as these…

With that, Connor presses stop and then leans down towards the twins to try and distract them enough to stop screaming.  Trying his hardest, Connor makes every funny face he can to try to get a smile but only succeeds in making the screams louder.  

“Eden, princess, can you please go and get the twins their food for me so I can feed them?” he asks as he picks up Kit and begins to bounce him on his shoulder which stops his screams.  Smiling at his success, Connor reaches for Bijou as a sudden gag is heard from Kit who begins to throw up on Connor.  Disgusted, Connor calls for Tim as Kit and Bijou once more start to cry and Eden moves closer to the television to hear her movie as we fade out.