Author Topic: A Change in Plans  (Read 241 times)

Offline Lament Broom

• View Profile
    • Veronica Taylor
A Change in Plans
« on: January 01, 2016, 09:32:45 PM »
 \'user

A Change of Plans

SCENE ONE

It is a warm sunny day in Miami, Flordia. Despite it being the begging of winter, and the start of the New Year. It is not a happy occasion for one Veronica Taylor who was sitting in the hospital waiting room, dressed in a black tight-fitting dress, black high heel boots, and a black Michale Kors handbag. The supermodel rolls her eyes in disgust at the scenery in the room clearly not impressed with it at all, nor caring about it. Her mind was once again where it had been all of 2015 besides herself, was her grandmother who was the person she cared more for than anyone. It was not something she did often. Often she had a ton of things she had to prioritize and her grandmother knew she was busy, but whenever she could she took the time to visit the hospital.  The arrogant model was checking her phone seeing things, she could not help but roll her eyes at some of her text messages, and began replying to them quickly but it seemed without care to most of them. After all, they should be lucky to be talking to Veronica in any sort of form, she was a very in demand woman. The arrogant model, soon spotted the doctor walking towards her she got up and they shook hands, Veronica did not hug this woman even after knowing her for such a long time. Well ever since her grandmother had gotten sick, and the last time she was here she had gotten the bad news she had hope for a chance in condition.  But the look on the doctors face told her the story and it was not a good one. Veronica looked and without thinking said in a concerned tone.

Veronica Taylor: Is everything okay?

The doctor keeps up the same concerned look on her face. Clearly, she was trying to maintain calmness but the look on her face gives away what the news maybe. The fact she was requested here caught Veronica kind of off guard, but soon the doctor begins to speak.

Doctor Gonzales: Hello, thank you for coming now the reason why I called you here is quite honestly I don't know how to say this, but your grandmother well. It might be best when I get your father, and brother in here.

Veronica Taylor: What do you mean? What is wrong?

Before the doctor could answer her father walked in an older man alongside her was her brother this time without his daughter or wife with him. They soon walk up standing next to Veronica, the father looks at her and hugs her tightly as she looked at the doctor who began to speak slowly.

Doctor Gonzales: Yes, well thank you for coming here all of you. I know it has been a long year for you guys, when it came to Sylvia, Cancer, is a tough battle, and she has fought long and hard all year long. But, I got to tell you guys last night Sylvia well she lost her battle with Cancer.

The air was clearly taken out of the room the father does not know how to react, even Veronica who normally had an air of confidence about her. Was not her normal self, her year already was turned upside down. Her brother was even shocked they moved and hugged each other the first family moment that has been shared in years.

Doctor Gonzales: I am sorry for your loss.

The three members of the family hug each other with Veronica in the middle. In fact, tears strat to roll down her face, The normally strong Mean Girl could not stop. She looked up at the doctor before saying.

Veronica Taylor: So is she still in her room or did she get moved?

Doctor Gonzales: Shes moved, now I just needed to tell you guys that. Now is it up to you guys who takes care of this, and what not I would speak to your lawyers  see if she left a will, this is a big loss I know. But, I will leave you guys alone if you need to sort anything out.

The doctor then leaves, with her job done as they move out of the crowded waiting room, and head outside towards the car. Veronica is trying to keep her head up but clearly she is frantic not wanting to look weak on the outside if she can avoid it. However, her father can tell that she is not being her normal self.

Franisco Taylor: Veronica, stay strong grandmom would not want to see you like this.

Veronica Taylor: Ugh I know, just god I need some time to clear my head obviously. This is just stressful.

She feels a hug from behind from someone she did not expect it was none other than her brother. She looks behind spotting him as he says, knowing he was feeling a hole in him as well, but understanding what his sister was feeling.

Jason Taylor: Don't worry sis, it will all be okay.

Veronica Taylor: Thanks, Jay it's going to be tough but we will get through it. I will talk to you guys later, I got to go okay?

Francisco joins in and they once again join in a family hug.  Before Veronica walks out and heads to her car. As she finds her car, she soon drives out of the lot clearly, her tears were coming through her sunglasses. However, she soon took out her phone and placed a call.

Veronica Taylor: Yes, hello yeah she died I got a signed will from my grandmom I would like to present. My father and brother don't know yet but I got this. I know. Anyway, I am going to go I will give it to you in the morning

The scene then fades to black, as the arrogant supermodel who was shaken up by the news leaves the scene.  Her emotions have never been on display like this before, however, it seems like Veronica now had her control over the family estate, something that no one else knew. And would not know until later.