Author Topic: Chapter 9: Anthem of the Angels  (Read 236 times)

Offline MelanieGabrielle

• View Profile
    • Melanie Gabrielle
Chapter 9: Anthem of the Angels
« on: November 20, 2015, 09:57:03 PM »
 WARNING: Well character death (Nothing gory or anything like that though!), talking about cancer. If you can't stomach please don't read this promo.

Book 1: Crimson Blitz
Chapter 9: Anthem of the Angels

~Part 1: The wake (NP: Anthem of the Angels by: Breaking Benjamin)~
Friday the 13th took another person and the sky in Québec City started to cry. It was already hell in the world but the Magi-blood it got even worse. It was the 16th and the Lépine Cloutier Funeral Home had a wake going on. Mel had paid for it all; she was the last person to see him alive, the last to see him take his final breath. He had died in her arms and secretly she felt guilty about it.

Different magi-blood from around the world had come to pay respects to one of the royals. In life Stefan Lajoie was known as Zeus in the magi-blood world. The King of the Greeks, the French-Canadian became close to the Clan and hell dated Uriella Abaddon for a period of time.

For Uriella she was a wreck after what had happened on the 13th. It was the combo of two things that made her not sleep the night before. Her husband Andy Deabs was with her and he was scared she’d relapse into her eating disorder. Uriella looked like a wreck but felt like Hell had crushed her.

Claude was losing it. He lost his twin brother and Rachel had to stay strong for them both. When he heard the news he lost control of his abilities and nearly made his family slip into comas for it. It was one touch by Rachel had calmed the beast down before he could have caused damage. Claude was uncontrollably crying and sobbing.

Claude: No! Why?!

Rachel: I…I don’t know. But I’m never leaving you till the day I die. I vowed your brother that I would take care of you.

Michelle and Evander were on the otherside of the parlor. Michelle didn’t have the bright sparkle of the sea in her eyes.

Michelle: I’ll be okay.

Evander: Don’t hide your emotions, it’s okay.

The rest of the Clan and the Aesir were around as well.

Lucy: Lise what do you mean by his fate was tampered with?

Lise: I mean he wasn’t supposed to die till the children were in college. Something tampered with fate and I felt it. I was talking to Professor Clockworkx about it. Lucy I’m worried and it feels like time is standing still.

Lucy: Not good. We’ll figure it out Lise. For now though we need to heal.

Lise nodded as Sam walked in. Everyone looked over and he was by himself.

Sam: She’ll be here soon.

Everyone went back to talking for the meanwhile. Phe walked over to Sam, Sam hugged his sister in law.

Phe: How is she holding up?

Sam sighed.

Sam: Not that good.

Phe: Oh no what’s going on?

Sam: She’s working herself till she drops.

Phe rolled her eyes.

Phe: Her coping mech.

Meanwhile outside Melanie stood alone. She wasn’t ready to go in and her body was close to conversing from the shock of all of this.

He coughed again and she tried not to cry. It would be any time now he would leave this world and she promised to stay with him till the end. She whipped his forehead and she saw him sweat. She hadn’t seen him sweat this much since his last battle. It blindsided them both and now she was at his bed side. Sam allowed her to be and he understood why.

“I heard there is a new highest ranking champion here”

He was out of the wrestling world but kept watching for her. She smiled and got up from the chair, she turned and grabbed the two championships and placed them at the end of the bed.

“Mhm, I got the SCW Bombshell Roulette Championship about a hundred days ago and the UWF Universal Championship…finally.”

He smiled weakly at her.

“I’m proud of you Melanie. You finally did it and you do deserve it. Plus I can’t blame you for showing off, you know that’s what I did. To quote Uri “I’m your longest reigning PWU World Champion…and youngest.”

He coughed hard and Mel saw blood coming from his mouth.

Melanie: I know you are Stefan.

Stefan: Always?

Mel nodded and whipped the blood off of his lip.

She didn’t want to go in but she didn’t have a choice. Everyone was waiting for their leader to show. It was time and Mel felt the wind blow her hair. Mel put up cloak’s hood and stepped inside. The room felt warm but a stale warm. She saw Hawk from out of the corner of her eye.

Melanie: Josh.

Hawk looked up to see Mel standing there.

Hawk: Mel…hi.

He got up and hugged her.

Hawk: How are you?

Melanie: Could be better.

Hawk: I know…me and you both. Click’s here too.

Mel: I figured as much.

Hawk: Go on. They await for their leader.

Mel nodded and walked into the parlor hoping no one would notice her.

He smiled at her and she looked too tired to be doing this. Mel looked up at him and noticed he was in thought. She wondered what was on his mind. Again Stefan turned to her and cleared his throat.

Stefan: ...Says you got married on the news.

Mel bit her lower lip and nodded.

Mel: I did. But honestly no one can and ever will replace you in my heart.

They both knew that was true. He was her first everything and their relationship was mainly a secretive one. She fell for him at first glance and he felt the same. She got together with Dark Tiger while he was with Uriella. One thing after another happened and nine months later Athena was born. It was no secret that those two always had something for each other. They truly did love each other.

Stefan: Well he... or she... better treat you decent.  I can't fight any more now with the cancer at the end point.

Mel chuckled at that first part but her heart ached from the second part.

Mel: I married a man Stefan...I can't believe this still. I mean everything that's happened. I'm sorry I'm crying. I know I shouldn't but you know that I'm just an emotional person.

Mel felt the tears starting to stroll down her face.

Melanie: His name is Samuel, Stefan.

Mel walked in and it felt like a group of Assassins were spotted. All the eyes were on her and everyone didn’t need her to have her hood down to know it was her. The room went silent and they could hear Mel’s footsteps echoed. Mel tried not to look at anyone in the room but her eyes were on the casket. Mel felt like turning around and running but she pressed on. Mel felt someone take her hand and she didn’t need to look up to know who it was. She smiled at her husband and he noticed her eyes turned ice blue with a tear from it.

He touched her face taking the tear off of it. Mel blinked as Stefan tried to smile at her.

Stefan: Is Sam nice?

Mel nodded.

Melanie: He makes me so happy Stefan. He’s perfect…just like you.

Stefan: Melanie, you know I’m far from perfect.

Melanie: In my eyes you always were despite your faults.

She heard him laugh and it made her smile.

Melanie: What’s so funny?

Stefan: You of course.

Mel shook her head.

Stefan: My days were numbered before you met me. You know why I loved fucking you all and getting you all pregnant so much?

Mel: I do but go ahead and tell me again please.

Mel saw him shivering. Mel took him into her arms and tried to keep him warm. It wasn’t easy for her trying to keep her composer as she saw him dying slowly and most likely an agonizing death.

Stefan: So you'd all have a part of me to help you through the loss.  You all connected with me, so I wanted to help you create a new generation of us... hopefully cancer free.

He turned to her, his blue eyes looking into her grey ones.

Mel: I hope so...Stefan can I tell you something. And no I'm not pregnant.

Stefan kissed her and Mel returned it.

Stefan: I love you too. And after this one, I'm gonna go around and any Angel who is willing, is going to get one final fuck, to be able to spread another piece of my existence to the world.

Click had been the first to walk over to her. He had a weak smile on his face and Mel stopped in front of him. Back in the day it was Stefan, Mel and Click that had started their new chapters together. Click hugged Mel tightly and heard her sob.

Click: I know…I know. Josh and I came as fast as we could.

Melanie: He loved you like a brother Gabe.

Click nodded.

Click: Can you show me what happened?

Melanie: Not now, transferring memories like that takes a lot out of me. After I’ll meet up with you and show you…you know I’m scared honestly. What are we going to do?

Mel slowly looks up at him.

Click: The same thing we always do. We fight on Mel…we finish this but together this time.

Mel nodded and walked off.

For her the next part was a blur because of her emotions. The next thing she remembered was her smiling at him.

Mel: I'll always love you...

Stefan: You know I always will as well.

That damn cough made Mel winced in shock. He would get those damn coughing fits and Mel worried he’d kill over from it. No blood came out this time but it didn’t help her emotionally.

Melanie: You alright?

Stefan: As fine as I can be.

Mel could only nod and take his word for it.

Stefan: I have a question for you.

Melanie: Sure what is it?

Next to come up to her was her cousin Amy Drew.

Amy: Melly!

Amy smashed Mel in a hug.

Mel: Can’t breathe Ames!

Amy: Oh sorry.

Amy backed off.

Melanie: Why are you here?

Amy: You need me that’s why.

Mel smiled at her.

Melanie: Thank you…I know Claude’s going to need support as well.

Amy: I know…as much as I hate him and Rozo for kidnapping Kat and tying up Jenn…I’ll at least try talking to him. I mean he has Rei but I get what you’re trying to say.

Melanie: Yeah…thanks Amy it means a lot.

Amy: You’re welcome.

Mel turned and waked off.

He had that serious look in his eyes. Mel knew he was up to something.

Stefan: How did you say your Uncle died again?

Melanie: He willed Anisim his power. He wanted to keep us safe. Why do you ask?

Cough, cough!

Stefan: I was thinking of doing that. I’m dying Mel and it’ll make me die quicker.

Mel: NO!

Mel felt pain strike her heart.

Mel had made it over to Andy and Uri. Mel took out a box and handed it to Deabs.

Mel: Has she eaten today?

Deabs: No I’ve tried but nothing.

Mel: Uriella you have to eat. I don’t need you relapsing or something worse.

Uriella didn’t say anything. Her blond hair covered her face and Deabs sighed.

Uri: Thank you.

Melanie: You’re welcome sweetie…I know you miss him just as much as I do. But remember he wants us to keep fighting. He did his part and now we have to do ours.

Uriella brushed the hair away from her face and smiled at her older half-sister.

Uri: You’re right.

Melanie: Eat up!

Uri opens the box and her eyes light up. Mel chuckles and walks away.

Stefan: Listen you need the power more than I do. I’m going to die Mel, this could make it quicker.

Melanie: What about Athena?! What would she say if hear you say this? What about Gunnar or Harold or Chloe or Stefan jr?!

Mel’s tone grows a bit anger but it backed off understanding why.

Melanie: I’m sorry I shouldn’t have said that.

Stefan: No, I understand why you said that…Mel could you hand me that picture of us and Athena?

Mel looked up and saw it. Mel passed him the photo, the frame was covered in dust.

Mel: I remember this one…PWU had just closed.

Stefan: We both needed that break.

Stefan placed his hand on Athena in the picture. The girl was smiling with the two adults.

Stefan: I’ll miss them…all of them… Melanie take care of them for me please. Forgive me that I couldn’t be with you like I said I would.

Melanie: I already have love.

Hearing her call him that was a bit of a shock. Stefan kissed her and smiled again at her. Mel tried to hold back her tears.

Sam looked at his wife.

Sam: Are you sure?

Melanie: Ja, I have to.

She was nearly there.

Melanie: I am going to do everything in my power to make sure that my hand is raised at the end of the match; whether that means that I have to put you down. No pun intended. You know that this is all business.

Stefan: Good bye Ma reine. Athena I will you my power.

It happened so fast that Mel couldn’t react. She let out a loud scream as Stefan’s lifeless body was in her arms. Mel once again found someone dead in her arms. Mel cried and slowly laid Stefan’s body onto the bed. Mel grabbed her cloak and turned to look at him. She wished he’d move or something but nothing came. Mel felt guilt wash over her as she tried not to let out another scream.

Mel sighed and Sam kept her upright.

Melanie: I miss him Samuel.

Sam: I know you do Mel. But I vowed to keep you safe and I still will. I love you.

Melanie: I will always love you Sam. I promise.

Melanie: Good bye mon Roi, je vais vous voir dans la prochaine vie. Je t'aimerai toujours!

Mel grabbed her phone out of her pocket and dialed a number.

Melanie: Carraway? It’s Melanie…it’s time.

Melanie stopped at the casket and looked down at the man she onced loved…or still does. Stefan laid there motionless and the hood from Mel’s cloak came down. Mel then tossed it off and grabbed a sword from her side. She placed it next to his body and Sam had to hold his wife up. She was close to falling from her emotions.

Melanie: I wish you were still here. I miss you so much that I wish we were able to trade places. But I know I have to fight for all of us. You fought for the longest of time…we both have. I guess it was just your time to go. But I promise you won’t be forgotten nor your death be in vein.

Mel turned to everyone else in the room. Everyone saw the fire in her eyes and stood at attention like the general she is.

Melanie: Everyone get ready to fight. Within a month on the twenty first we could end up dying or being alive! To quote Auron “Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!” We may have lost Zeus…Stefan…but we don’t lose any more of our family! We are taking the fight to Anisim and his goons! It’s our story and we’ll write it as we want to! It’s our time to rise and fight! Who is with me!?

Everyone in the room cheered loudly!

~Part 2: Backstage (NP: “New Days Dawn” by: Fozzy)~
3!

Melanie got her hand raised after winning her match at Adrenaline. The referee hands Melanie the Universal Championship belt. As Melanie raises the title we see her husband Samuel Devereux heading to the ring.

Adam Stubbs: Here comes Sam to celebrate with his wife!

Sam rolls in the ring and stands to his feet, he has a microphone from his pocket.

Sam: I don’t wanna ruin your celebration Mel but I want to talk to you, this whole friendly rivalry thing is good but how about at Lethal Brawl we up the ante a little bit. How about we face each other one on one for the first time, since I beat Dorn when he was Champ I think I earned a title shot, what do ya say?

Melanie nods and takes the mic from Sam.

Mel :You’re on!

Mel and Sam shake on it as Adrenaline cuts to commercial break. The two walk to the back together and Bjnor was waiting for them.

Bjnor: Good match Mel.

Melanie: Thank you Bjnor.

Bjnor: So you two are facing each other how does that feel?

Melanie: Different but it should be good.

Sam: I’ll still love her in the end. But Mel I have to ask are you sure you’re ready for Climax Control?

Mel nodded.

Melanie: Yeah…yeah I am. I know I’m still…grieving or whatever it’s called but I have to focus. We all know this. I know if I win this and then move on all the way to the end and win that well you can guess the rest.

Sam: You’re the best at what you do!

Bjnor: That is true; So I have to ask do you have any plans for next month?

The trio started to walk down the hallway.

Melanie: No not yet at least. It’s been quiet for the main part…I’ve begin to think that the storm is about to start. We have a month and a day guys to get ready for this.

Sam: I’m by your side.

Bjnor: Same here. We could use everyone that we can to take Anisim down.

Mel stopped walking and nodded.

Melanie: It’s almost all over you guys. No telling if we’ll be alive or dead by the end of it. No matter what though it ends. I’ll make sure of that for sure! We may have lost our loves ones, our friends, our fellow MBs but we will not lose this war! And your moment of truth is the day that you say "I'm not scared" Well I’m not scared anymore! I’m not scared to possibly die if it means bringing light to tomorrow. I’m not scared to admit who I am and I’m not scared of my fate. I can’t let fear hold me back anymore. You all need me!...Stefan needs me…Tanja, my uncle and aunt as well!

Mel looked down.

Sam: What’s the glowing?

Mel’s necklace started to glow a light blue. It illuminated her face and the necklace slid off of her neck. It floated in front of her. Mel looked down at it and tipped toward her. Mel saw a strain of blue come from it and she gasped.

Sam: Is that a memory strand?

Melanie: It is…

The thin strain looked like hair. Mel grabbed it and her eyes turn just as blue as the light was.

~Part 3: Memory (NP: “Swamped” Cover by: The Vitamin String Quartet (Originally by Lacuna Coil))~

Mel had saw herself as only a baby. The person had her in her arms and Mel herself was in a corner watching the scene unfold. On the bed was her Mother, Hel. In baskets next to her would be Gabe and Phe. Mel bit her lip and a tear slide from her left eye as she watched.

Hel: Hello there Melanie…my sweet child of the night.

Mel blinked after hearing that nickname.

Hel: I know you won’t remember my words but I’ll save this for you. I know once you’re older you’ll be more mature to understand this. You and your siblings are special. You all will be part of this amazing group who will determine the fate of your people. You Mel will lead them from the feeling of hell to the lights of heaven. I know you all will grow to be successful.

I wish though I could be a part of it though. We all have our parts but once the last of your siblings are here I have to go away for a long while. I’ll miss you all and I hope you guys won’t get angry with me. I know one day we’ll be together again. I love you, your Father, Gabe and Phe with all my heart.

You need to be ready for a war my daughter, one where you are the key. Do not let anyone discourage you or stand in your way. You all will be wonderful people and a blessing in many lives. Melanie we all depend on you. You are our hope, our chosen one. Even in the darkest of times you have to shine bright like your future. Never doubt yourself…please be the best you can be.

Hel took off the necklace that she had around her neck. She placed it on the infant and Mel saw that it was hers. Mel touched her necklace and then saw two beings a male and a female appear.

“We will watch over her.”

“No one will harm her! Not under our watch.”

Hel: Thank you…both of you.

Mel felt herself starting to come back into reality. When she blinked she saw her husband above her.

Melanie: I saw my Mom…

Sam: And what else?

Melanie: The necklace was hers.

Mel looked down at it.

Melanie: She knew that she had a role in this…that’s why she left also. Sam I know what I have to do now.

~Part 4: Blog (NP: “Unity” by: Shinedown ) ~
Melanie: So yeah my week has been long and hard. In case it wasn’t obvious from what I just did, I’m not in quite the good mood lately. Shocking, isn’t it? You out there might think that I should be moping about or at least acting serious. Truth of the matter is, I was upset at myself. I thought that I had failed him but his twin was right. I can’t save everyone but you know what…I can avenge him. But right now I need to put that on hold. I have to focus because I’m in a triple threat again for SCW’s Climax Control. This week I go against Crystal Hilton and Alexis Edwards. Right now those two need to be scared… very scared.

There is always a calm before the storm… there is always those moments that make people wonder if those said persons will even make it there. Through all of the crawling, through all of the words that were exchanged just to get to that point, once again, opposition decides to raise its head in my direction.

Looking back at how I even got here, to this point to even be writing this, I look at those who talked about me. I look back at those who made it very clear with their words that they were going to stop something that those before them were unable to do; I laugh. They all fell to me.

So where do I start? Oh let’s start with Crystal. Crystal, I have to admit you are a really talented wrestler. You have taken many of SCW’s women to the brink and further. You have taken down many of those women, but you haven’t taken me down.That self-doubt, that conviction, that belief that wondering if you were in over your head…it really spoke to me. Now a lot of people wonder why you’re still in this seeing how you had a shot against Mikah and lost. Thing is I don’t care about that. Go ahead and be in this match because I get more of a challenge.

Now we’ve faced off before for my championship and you lost. You tried though and you did good. I’m not about to talk you down or anything. No I have nothing but respect for you Crystal! I’m well aware of your numerous past glories in regards to championship wins, but that was then. The past. The only ones who bring up past victories as proof of their inevitable win are the ones who are not confident that they can reclaim the gold in the present.

What can you do, Crystal, to bring harm to me? What can you do against someone who can fight through the pain you wish to inflict? Behind the smile and the silence is the heart, soul, and mind of someone unafraid to pull the trigger on an opponent. Really, you should be asking yourself if you’re really ready for this match, Crystal. I may have a killer instinct and I’m not scared to use it. Ask anyone who has crossed me…even ask yourself.

You are a very talented and competitive person… I am very, very impressed, but do not take my admiration of your skills as a weakness or think because I have a certain level of respect for you that I am going to go easy on you. But over the years I have gotten used to being the one touching the flames. You are the one acting as Icarus in this case and having found a way to fly… You seem to be flying dangerously close to the sun… Crystal… You can train your heart out as will I, but as I said it may prove to be fruitful for one of us… You are so young that you can easily bounce back, but I am not one to look at defeat as an ending… Every misfortune is another chance of success in disguise. A little advice for you and all your future endeavors. Can’t sit here and not try to be helpful in some way can I?

When you really think about it, Crystal, this could very well be the big break you need.

Oh but I can’t forget about Alexis!

Here’s the thing: I have no stakes in your little antics. You want to think you’re so important, that you’re so much better than people like Myself and Lucy – people who didn’t just catwalk their way down ramps and take what they wanted like Veruca Salt – fine, whatever, go through life thinking you’re hot shit because you know you’re not shit.  She someone who walks around the federation as if she already owns it. Social media included – doing the same shit but when it comes down to that ring, can the same be said? I have seen what she can, has and will do to anyone who steps up to the plate to challenge her BUT… my thing is though, can she handle me?   

Really Alexis is so full of herself! Don’t you think that I didn’t hear your tweet about me when I won the “Future Star of the year award”; Of course I never replied and you know why? Because you’re like a stray cat, you feed it and they keep coming back. You pay attention to her and she flaps her gums. Really the shit you say is just an eye roller!  I can’t take you seriously to be honest and nor can Lucy.

Honestly, it’s quite a learning experience for you, Alexis. You’ll learn what happens to trash talkers. By now you should know my  little motto and you’re the shining example of WHY she has it. You like to talk trash, you like to parade around like every other bitch around. Good. Talk trash. Talk smack. Talk however you want, just keep talking, it makes you an easier target. You’ll learn. You’ll learn why talk is cheap and therefore everyone that wastes their time talking smack is just as cheap and ineffectual.

You got lucky when you won that championship. You see you didn’t pin Lucy and I hear from her…she’s ready for vengeance. But for now you face me! Someone who has held the Bombshell Roulette championship for over one hundred days. If anyone here should move on it’s me. You can talk all the shit you want you little nineteen year old girl but you should be praying that I don’t tear your soul out. Karma’s a bitch you nobody and it’ll even bite you!

I haven’t lost my touch or edge or anything, and it doesn’t matter how many people you throw at me, I am going to pick them up and throw them right back…right before kicking them right in the face. So go ahead, work together, use numbers if you think it will make a difference. The guy in First Blood had an entire police squad up against him and he went on to make three more movies. And after I’m done making you both look like the fools we all know you are…maybe you’ll think twice about messing with people who don’t want to be messed with. Consider this your only warning.

I’m winning this and to Roxi or Keira…get ready.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 10:01:07 PM by MelanieGabrielle »
user posted image