Author Topic: Ah'm Back!  (Read 276 times)

Offline Wyatt Peterson

• View Profile
Ah'm Back!
« on: October 30, 2015, 08:08:29 PM »
 Our scene opens at an independent wrestling event. Not just any independent event though. This is a Big Time Wrestling event. You’ve never heard of Big Time Wrestling? Maybe you should check into it. Its talent is frequently being scouted by the big companies. In fact, current NXT Diva’s Champion, Bayley, got her start in Big Time Wrestling. But, I digress. We join a match already in progress.</font color>

Ryan Von Kool backs into the corner waiting for his opponent to get up. Wyatt Peterson slowly gets to his feet. Once he’s in a hunched over position, Von Kool attempts a scissor kick. Peterson stands up fully just before Von Kool can connect. Before Von Kool is able to regain his composure, Peterson bounces off of the ropes and connects with a running big boot that he calls Boomtown. Peterson makes the cover as the referee drops to make the count.

Crowd: 1!... 2!... 3!

DING! DING! DING!

Ring Announcer: Your winner… “Big Country” Wyatt Peterson!!!

Wyatt gets to his feet and raises his arm in the air with his index and pinky fingers extended in the Texan Longhorns sign with the crown doing the same. Wyatt climbs down out of the ring and grabs his signature Stetson hat off of a chair at ringside. He places it on his head before taking a lap around the ring, making sure to high-five every extended hand before heading back towards the entrance. He stops just before going backstage and turns back towards the crowd.

Wyatt: YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWW!!!!

This gets a big pop from the crowd as they burst into cheers. Wyatt gets a big smile on his face before disappearing through the curtain.

<hr width=50%>

A little while after his match against Ryan Von Kool, Wyatt Peterson is backstage being checked out by a doctor. His shoulder is wrapped up with an ice pack.

Wyatt: T’ain’t bad. Is it, doc?

The doctor shakes his head.

Doctor: Nah. It looks like you may have just strained it a little when you took that awkward bump off of the top rope. The pills will take the edge off. Just take it easy for a few days and you’ll be back to normal.

Wyatt: Thanks, doc. Ah really ‘preciate it.

The doctor waves in acknowledgement as he walks out the door. Before the door can even close, a familiar face walks into the room. Wyatt’s face lights up.

Wyatt: Tom! Ah ain’t seen ya in ages.

SCW Legend, Tom Dudely, looks at his old friend with concern.

Tom: Don’t tell me you got injured.

Wyatt looks down at his wrapped shoulder as if he forgot about it.

Wyatt: Oh! Nah… Ah just got a lil’ bit o’ a strain. Ah’ll be alright.

Tom: That’s good to hear.

Wyatt: What brings ya ‘round here tonight? Not that ah ain’t glad tah see ya.

Tom chuckles.

Tom: I know you are, old friend. I heard you were gonna have a match here in BTW and I couldn’t resist making the drive down to check it out.

Wyatt looks overcome with emotion.

Wyatt: Ya came all this way jus’ tah see me?

Tom nods.

Tom:Yeah… Well… not entirely. I got a call from Christian Underwood.

Wyatt raises his eyebrows in intrigue.

Tom: Yeah. I was as surprised as you are. He was trying to convince me to come out of retirement. That wasn’t about to happen.

For the first time, Wyatt takes in Tom’s appearance. He’d put on a little bit of weight since they’d last seen each other. He is still shaved bald on the head, but his chin is covered in stubble. When he was competing in SCW, Tom would always have on his best suit. He was now wearing some basketball shorts, a plain gray t-shirt, and flip-flops.

Wyatt: Ya definitely look tah be comfy.

Tom: Yeah. It’s nice not having to get dressed up everyday to impress people. Now, I just roll out of bed and put on whatever I feel like. The other day, I even went to the grocery store in my pajamas.

Wyatt: Ya didn’t get ‘rrested fer walkin’ ‘round naked?

Wyatt and Tom get a pretty decent laugh out of Wyatt’s joke.

Tom: You’ve got jokes! Anyway, I declined the offer and Christian asked about you.

Wyatt: Me?!? What’d he say ‘bout me?

Tom: He wants you to come back to SCW. He said all you need to do is show up at High Stakes down in Puerto Rico and he’ll find a spot for you.

Wyatt’s face lights up like a kid on Christmas morning as he starts rambling excitedly.

Wyatt: That would be swell! Ah’ve been wantin’ tah get back to SCW fer a while now an’… aw man! Ah’m so excited!

Tom chuckles.

Wyatt: Ah’ve gotta get goin’. Gotta git mah passport renewed in the mornin’. Also, mah momma’s gonna wanna hear ‘bout this.

Tom: Ya can’t forget your momma.

Wyatt: Ah wouldn’ think of it. It was great seein’ ya, Tom. Thanks fer makin’ mah night. I’ll see ya ‘round.

Wyatt hops to his feet and runs out of the room. Tom smiles and shakes his head as the scene fades.

<hr width=50%>

The scene opens in a hotel room in San Juan, Puerto Rico. The view from the room is that of pure beauty. About a hundred yards away, the blue-green waters of the Atlantic Ocean wash upon a beach that extends for miles in either direction. The early morning sun casts an orange-red hue across the room. Inside of the room, “Big Country” Wyatt Peterson is sitting on the edge of his bed. The way the light hits his exposed torso casts shadows that really show how defined his muscles are. Wyatt attempts to rub the sleep out of his eyes before standing up. He adjusts the waistband on his Batman pajama bottoms before stumbling into the bathroom. After a couple of second, you can hear the stream from him urinating. Wyatt comes back out of the bathroom as “Wannabe” by Spice Girls starts playing from his phone. Wyatt grabs his phone off of the bedside table and puts it to his ear.

Wyatt: Mistah Underwood! Ah’m glad tah hear from ya. Ah’m sorry ‘bout last night. Ah shoulda kept mah cool when Goth attacked me. Ah was the referee and ah shouldn’ a laid mah hands on ‘im.

Christian: I’ll tell you like I told you last night, Wyatt, you were defending yourself. If you hadn’t fought back, Goth would have kept going until you needed medical attention. I’m just glad you’re okay.

Wyatt: Thank ya, sir.

Christian: That’s not what I was calling about anyway. I’m calling about the next episode of Climax Control. Do you think you can be in the Dominican Republic on November first?

Wyatt: Of course! What do ya have in mind?

Christian: Mark and I were throwing around some ideas and we want to strike while the iron is hot. We want to put you in your first match in over three years in SCW. We were thinking about booking you in a match against “Big Tiger” Jeremiah Hardin. Big Tiger versus Big Country. What do you say?

Wyatt: What do ah say? Ah say… YEEEEEEEHAWWWWW!

Christian: Thanks for making my ears bleed.

Wyatt frowns.

Wyatt: Ah’m sorry.

Christian: It’s okay. I’m just glad you’re back.

Wyatt: So am ah. Thank ya, Mistah Underwood.

The two men say their goodbyes and Wyatt tosses his phone onto his bed. He lies back onto the bed staring at the ceiling.

Wyatt: Mah first match back. It ain’t gonna be easy. Jeremiah Hardin used tah be Roulette Champion. Hell, he was even Tag Team Champion. Ah’m gonna give it mah all though. Goth tried tah make me look like a chump at High Stakes. Ah ain’t sure if he’s gonna try anythin’ else, but ah can’ let him git into mah head. Ah’m gonna show Jeremiah Hardin, Goth, Mr. Underwood, an’ ev’ryone else that ah ain’t a chump. Ah’m gonna go out there an’ show ‘em all that Big Country is the real deal.

The scene fades.
user posted image

SCW Record:
Individual: 3/2/1
Tag Team: 8/8/0
Cumulative Record: 11/10/1

1x SCW Tag Team Champion (w/ Sean Williams)