Author Topic: A New Enemy?  (Read 1789 times)

Offline Alexis Edwards

• View Profile
    • Alexis Edwards
A New Enemy?
« on: October 22, 2015, 07:48:34 PM »

Tuesday October 21st
Las Vegas, Nevada
12 A.M

It’s been a crazy couple of days since High Stakes V, and honestly, all in a good way.  I did what so many people thought I wasn’t going to do.  I did exactly what I said I was going to do when I walked out of Puerto Rico as the NEW Bombshell Internet Champion.  A few other titles changed hands and I knew that several people would be staying in Puerto Rico to celebrate their victories.  Especially Team Hero, and I wanted to get as far away from that shit as possible.

It’s why I had a flight back to Vegas booked early on.  I knew either way that I was going to head back to Vegas for a week or two until the next show, so that’s what I did.  And can I just say that the Internet Title made my bag a whole hell of a lot heavier?  Ah well, I ain’t complaining about that!

I haven’t been back in Vegas for very long, but I’ve been too wired to sleep.  I can’t remember the last time I got any sleep, so I’ve decided to go for my normal routine and head over to the Staggs Dungeon for a late night work out.  I won’t be sleeping there anymore, though, but I’ll figure out sleeping arrangements when I need to.

Since it’s the middle of the night, I know there shouldn’t be anyone there.  I make my way inside through an unlocked window in the women’s locker room.  It’s actually a sneaky way I left for myself and told no one about, and thankfully no one knows about it as of yet.  I’m hoping to keep it that way.  

Once I get into the women’s locker room, I’m getting ready to get my workout gear on.  Because I don’t think anyone else is around, I have my back turned towards the door and I’m not paying attention.  Just as I am about to take my hoodie off, I’m taken off guard when a strong arm wraps around my neck and I’m put in a sleeper hold.  I fight to get out of the maneuver for a minute, also fighting for air, but my attacker is a lot stronger.  I refuse to give up, though, and in a last ditch effort, I lean forward and flip the person over me and onto their back on the concrete floor, and I start coughing for air to fill my lungs.  I look down at my attacker, some asshole with fully tatted up arms, glaring at him as he looks up at me surprised.

Lex: What the FUCK asshole!  Who the fuck are you?!

I put my foot against his throat, threatening to stomp down on his airway and he stares up at me, surprised and angry.

Attacker: I could ask you the same question, bitch.  You know you’re breaking and entering?

Lex: Yeah and from the looks of it, so are you!  I train in this place, douchebag.  So I’m going to ask again.  Who the fuck—

I’m taken off guard, again, as the guy grabs a hold of my ankle, twists it and takes my down to the ground.  I manage to put my hands in front of me and break my fall before my face can bounce off the concrete and the guy doesn’t let go of my ankle.

Attacker: I’m Vince, and I’m in charge of night time security at this place, and from where I’m standing, your ass is breaking and entering.

Lex: Look, Vince, if you break my ankle, we’re going to have a serious fucking problem.  Well, an even bigger fucking problem than we already do!  Now fucking let me go!

Vince chuckles, but he keeps a hold of my ankle, further pissing me off.

Vince: You sure have a mouth on you don’t you, little girl?

Lex: Yeah, and I also have the ability to kick your ass if you don’t let me go!

The asshole laughs again before he lets go of my ankle.  I crack it a bit to get feeling back into it before I jump back to my feet and stand toe to toe with Vince.  He’s several inches taller than I am, but he is by no means built and I laugh as I get a good look at him.

>

Vince: You find something funny about this situation?  Because I have every right to call the cops right now and have your thrown in jail…

Lex: They…they hired YOU as security here?  You don’t exactly fit the bill of a security guard, do you?

He raises an eyebrow and folds his arms across his chest, staring at me confused.

Vince: I think I did a pretty damn good job at handling you, don’t you think?

Lex: Really?  From where I’m standing, you didn’t.  Not only did I get out of that weak ass sleeper hold you put me in, but that pathetic ankle lock barely hurt either!  You’re kinda scrawny for a security guard, aren’t you?

He doesn’t seem to take too kindly to my assessment, as is apparent by the scowl on his face.

Vince: Are you gonna give me one good reason why I shouldn’t call the cops, or better yet, the owner of this place?

Lex: Oh you mean Spike?  Dude, I’m best friends with his son—

Vince: Oh so YOU are Alexis?  You’re the reason he hired me in the first place.

I’m taken by surprise at hearing this and I’m half tempted to punch him in the face as he laughs again.

Lex: You’re joking, right?  As I said earlier, I fuckin’ train here, asshole!

Vince: That may be true, but you can get your training in when there are other people here instead of sneaking in when no one is around.  It’s your choice what you want to do, Alexis.  Either leave, or I can call the cops or Spike…

I shake my head and laugh, but I call his bluff.  I completely ignore his warnings as I turn around and head out into the training center, ready to start my workout.  Whether he likes it or not.

Vince: I’m not kidding!

Lex: Sure thing, dude.  I don’t fucking care.

I’m looking around the training room, deciding where I want to begin and Vince rushes over to me, grabbing my arm.  He spins me around, but I yank my arm away from him, shooting him a warning glare.

Lex: Do that again and you’ll regret it.

Vince: If you think I won’t throw you out of here, you’re wrong.

I laugh and shake my head.

Lex: Yeah, whatever dude.

He snarls at my nonchalant attitude and grabs my arm again.  This time, however, I clench my other hand into a fist and swing at his face.  He ducks the punch and wrenches my arm behind my back.

Vince: What the hell is your problem anyway?

Lex: At the moment?  You are, asshole!

I pull my free arm back and elbow him as hard as I can in the side forcing him to let me go.  He is stunned for a moment, and that is the only advantage I need.  I kick him in the midsection then shove him away, taking a step forward and standing over him as he holds his midsection.

Lex: Clearly you’re doing a piss poor job at being security in this place, Vinny...

Vince: My name…is Vince.  Don’t call me…Vinny.

He’s still temporarily winded as he gets himself back to a sitting position, glaring up at me.  I let out a laugh.

Lex: I’ll call you whatever the fuck I want, and trust me when I say if you lay a hand on me again, I’ll do worse than just knock the fucking wind out of you.  Good luck gathering your pride, douchebag.

Vince: You know…You’re quite the…spitfire.  Aren’t you?

He gets back to his feet, almost fully recovered, but I’m still glaring at him.

Lex: Spitfire?  No.  I’m just a bitch who knows how to protect herself from assholes like you.

Vince: I’m just doing my job!  YOU forced me to take it that far.

I laugh again as I take a step towards him.

Lex: And I’ll do it again.  I’m not afraid of some scrawny loser like you.

Vince: Don’t fucking call me scrawny again, little girl—

Lex: And don’t you call me little girl again, old man.  How old are you anyway?  In your fourties?

He laughs and shakes his head.  He still towers over me and tries to be intimidating, but I’m not afraid of him.

Vince: Fourties?  Dude, I’m thirty-one…

Lex: And I’m almost twenty, so, therefore, I’m NOT a little girl, asshole.

Vince: Again with that mouth.  You know, some people would find that kind of language from a woman pretty damn unattractive and off-putting.

I roll my eyes and laugh, but I’ve about had enough of talking to him.  I walk past him, heading back to the women’s locker rooms to get my things.  Clearly my plans for the night are ruined, so I’ll just have to come back during the day when he’s not here.

Vince: Ahh, struck a nerve have I?

Lex: You’ve struck nothing, dude.  I’m just going to get my things so I can leave, because you’ve officially ruined my night.

I’m not sure why, but he follows me into the women’s locker room again.  I spin around, annoyed and confused.

Lex: You don’t have to follow me, asshole.  I said I’m getting my things and leaving.

Vince: Why do you feel the need to come here in the middle of the night when no one else is here anyway?

I let out a sigh, turning around and walking over to my bag.  He stays quiet, waiting for an answer, even though he doesn’t deserve one.

Lex: Not that it’s any of your business, but I do it so I don’t have to deal with other people when I need to clear my head.  But thanks a lot for ruining my night and further proving why people are assholes.  Now get out of my way.

I sling the strap of my duffel bag over my shoulder, ready to leave, but he stands in front of me blocking my way.

Vince: You do realize people only treat you the same way you treat them, right?  You’re being a psycho bitch for no reason!

Lex: No, I’m being a bitch to you because you’re pissing me off!  You started this shit, but if you want to continue, I’ll have no problem whooping your ass again.

He laughs and takes a step towards me.  I stand my guard, prepared to fight again, but he leans down bringing his face within inches of mine.

Vince: Newsflash, little girl…That won’t happen again.  And you want to know why?

Lex: Because I proved that I’m capable of it and will easily do it again?

He shakes his head.

Vince: Because next time I won’t let you do it.

A cocky smirk appears on his face and I’m sorely tempted to test his theory out and smack it right off of his face, but I hold myself back.

Lex: Keep telling yourself that, asshole.  I’ll gladly take you up on that challenge any other time.  But right now?  I’d like to get as far away from you as possible.

He stares into my eyes for a moment, almost looking like he’s waiting for me to do something.  In the end, however, he takes a step to the side, letting me walk past.  I grin and head towards the door, but before I walk out, I turn and look back to him.

Lex: Oh and by the way, Vinny, congratulations on becoming my newest enemy.  You’ve really done yourself no favors.

Vince: I’ll keep that under advisement, Alexis.  I’m sure we’ll be seeing each other again soon…

I laugh and shake my head.

Lex: Watch your back, Vinny…

Vince: I’d do the same if I were you, Alexis.

I laugh again and shake my head as I turn and walk out of the locker room and out of the Staggs Dungeon.  I knew that wasn’t the last time I’d see Vince, and some crazy part of me didn’t want it to be, either.
>