Author Topic: Chapter 4: Closer  (Read 235 times)

Offline MelanieGabrielle

• View Profile
    • Melanie Gabrielle
Chapter 4: Closer
« on: October 02, 2015, 11:52:52 PM »
 Book 1: Life
Chapter 4: Closer
~Part 1:His visit.~
The red liquid touched her tongue casing her to moan out. It caused her fangs to pop out and her eyes to return to the jade green we know and love. For her it was easy to get blood now-a-days seeing how she has donors, blood bags, blood tablets and café Lestat to help with it. Back in the day though it was harder. She didn’t understand the responsibilities and she didn’t have the resources. Lucy put the empty bag down and leaned back on the sofa.

Lucy: That’s better, I needed that.

Lucy looked up at him. It felt good to see him again after all these years.

“I figured as much, you never really cared for it. But how have you been Lucy”?

Lucy: I’ve been fine Bennett. I’m glad you’re alright. You know I do care about you seeing how you’re my adopted sire.

In Lucy and Lucien’s safe house in Russia, Lucy’s adopted sire/father came to visit her. His name is Bennett, a vampire scholar and nomad. He travels the world learning about history both human and vampire. Bennett smiled down at her.

Bennett: Neonate, I’m glad about that. I’m glad you’ve been keeping yourself out of trouble as well. I’ve been traveling and I’ve been keeping an eye out for Anisim. He is a sneaky adversary and is someone we all need to be ready for. Before I came to see you I was in St.Petersburg on a hunch about a vampire pendent belonging to an Atediluvian.

If Lucy had blood in her mouth she would have spit it out because of that last word. The Atediluvian are vampires of the Third Generation with incalculable power, each of whom survived the Biblical Deluge.

Lucy: Holy effing shit.

Bennett: Neonate! I’m still shocked at the words you used. But I digress; it makes me wonder if your Father could be going after it.

Lucy: You think so?

Bennett nodded.

Bennett: I wouldn’t doubt it, you know your Father would do anything.

Lucy: I’m trying to find out where he’s at. It’s like I’m here in Russia every other day trying to sense him. It’s like even with the vampire abilities Bennett he’s untraceable. Deabs can’t even find him either. I’m worried we’re running out of time and if we do…you know what will happen.

Bennett again nodded knowing what she was referring to. Lucy looked up at him with a worried look on her face.

Bennett: Neonate, don’t worry. We will find him, for now though you should focus on your match.

The door to the safe house opened and Melanie Gabrielle stood there. She walked inside and shut the door behind her.

Melanie: Bennett what are you doing here?

Bennett: I came to check on my childe. Lucien had sent me a call about what had happened. Did you get him?

Melanie: No we didn’t; he somehow escaped…sorry Lucy.

Lucy sighed.

Lucy: It’s fine. Anyways Papa are you sure you don’t have anything on him?

Bennet: No I’m sorry Lucy if I did I’d let you all know.

Mel sat next to Lucy as Bennet’s phone went off. He checked the message and put it away just as quick.

Bennet: I’m sorry I have to go; I’ll be back later. Good evening you two.

Both: Good night!

Mel turned to Lucy.

Mel: What was that about?

Lucy: Don’t worry about it.

Mel went to say something but Lucy cut her off.

Lucy: Don’t worry about it.

Mel could only nod as Lucy took another sip of blood.

~Part 2: A late night call.~
It was late at night in Denmark and Mel was in bed with her husband. She couldn’t sleep from still feeling the effects of Anisim. Mel had her thoughts swimming around her head as she tried to come up with something…anything that could end this war early.

Melanie: Ja?

Michelle: It’s me…we found him.

Mel didn’t speak at first but Michelle knew shock was sinking in for her. Mel couldn’t believe that Michelle’s mirror had found him. At last they could be find him and fast.

Melanie: Where is he?

Michelle: Thing is I’m not sure. I only see him in what looks like a white room.

And then Michelle knew something was wrong. She could feel Mel’s emotions shift and then the line went dead. Mel was in more shock…she knew where Anisim was at and that made Sam wake up. He felt his wife’s emotions and took her into his arms.

Sam: What happened?

Melanie: They found him.

Sam: Anisim?

Mel only nodded and Sam smiled.

Sam: Where at?

Mel didn’t answer at first. She wasn’t sure how she wanted to go about this. Mel took in a deep breath and looked at him.

Melanie: At the end of the world…

Sam blinked in surprised. He had heard the stories about it but he wasn’t sure if they were true.

Sam: But-but how!? I thought that was exclusive.

Melanie: It is.

Sam: Then-

Melanie: He had to force someone to will him their power.

That left and uneasy silence in the room. Sam and Mel knew what willing ones power would do. It would make another stronger but would kill the willer. Mel’s body started to shake from realizing what had happened.

Sam: Mel?

Tears started to go down her face.

Mel: No.

Sam: What? What?!

Melanie: I….no…no!

Mel let out a loud scream that caused her power to surge. The bed jumped into the air and landed with a loud thud.

Sam: Melanie calm down! It’s okay I’m here.

She kept repeating no over and over again as her tears kept coming down. That moment Sam knew Mel had figured it all out. The mystery was gone and now it was war time.

Melanie: I’m sorry.

Sam: Don’t be Mel. C’mon let me make you some food.

Sam slowly got the two up and they walked off into the darkness.

~Part 3: Had enough.~
Melanie was at her office at Angel corp; logged into her computer and ready to write more for the Angel clan site. Mel felt her hands dance over the keys as her body went on auto-piolet. She was once again working nonstop and was running on almost nothing.

Melanie: You know this is the fate of everyone who faces us in this match. You guys believe that you’re better, that you’re tougher, that you can beat us. But how many of you can keep your word? How many of you can get the job done? None that’s the answer. Lucy and I thought we did keep our word.I don’t care what anyone says. Thing is the Clan is a top team in SCW and where ever we step. We’ve proved and will prove it time and time again. People don’t get how family oriented this stable is. They don’t get that we’ve been fighting against and together since we were all little childrenWe hunt together and we’re in sync, in the ring yeah we’ve been doing this for almost four years but guess what, in all reality we’ve done this longer. People don’t understand that  we can pull this off. They see us as the underdogs and rightfully so. But we have the family of miracle workers. You see it with Gabe for sure. Lucy and I ladies and gents are ready to win this match. We want to win clean and anyone who tries any other way, they’ll feel our wrath. Being the leader of this Clan it’s my job to be strong and be the one to lead the charge into battle.I have no doubt in my mind that we will.

Ladies, go ahead and think highly of yourselves. But don’t think for a second you’ll walk out of the ring with a win like that. I have no doubt that the Clan will walk out with the win. We’ve got the talent and the skills to. Lucy and I are on the same page and I doubt you two are. It makes me want to ask you two, what are you fighting for? Everyone has motivation behind what they do. For us it’s our creed, our coat of arms, our motto. “Family, Honor, Love and Victory”. This has been keeping us going for years and it’ll still do that. Victory is something we always strive for, it brings joy to the Clan knowing that our hard work has paid off. Each day we live we consider it a victory seeing on our past. Not sure if we were going to live to see the next sun rise or set. Our past is sad but we have a victory over it and now we’re live nice. But just because we are it doesn’t mean we throw away our roots. Lucy’s alive and that’s a victory we’re taking.

The Clan loves the wrestling world and that’s a fact. If we didn’t we wouldn’t be here right now about to fight you two. Love’s that force that will keep us going till we die. I love to win a title and so does my brother here. But we’d love a victory. We’d love to win this match and we plan on not failing. With love comes the passion that only we have and that’s for not just fighting in the ring but that’s for this family as well.

Family; if you haven’t figured this one out I’d be a bit sad. This is really what drives us the most. Our family does matter to us. We’d do anything for them and that means winning this match. We want to win to make them have the best in their futures. It’s the pain we’ll be willing to go through to make them happy. I’d be willing to get hurt just to have them happy. I know when our family watches us they’re always cheering for us. They want us to do our best but we’re always pushing ourselves to the ends of the earth for them.

Honor is something we all come into the ring with. Without it battle means nothing. We will show you honor and I know you will do the same in return. We’re ready, it’s time and I can’t wait for this.

What do you two fight for? Really hell if I know. I mean look Candy I don’t have a problem with for now…I hope to keep it that way. Then you got Amy who interfered in my match a while back and made it seem that I won the title on a fluke. I proved them wrong.

Ladies honestly be ready for this match. You’re going up against two world class athletes who stop at nothing till the job is done. Good luck and stay alive…

Fade to black.
user posted image