Author Topic: Lots of luck... all bad  (Read 1724 times)

Offline J2H

• View Profile
    • J2H
Lots of luck... all bad
« on: July 19, 2015, 11:25:34 AM »
 OOC: So this was for the match against Connor Murphy and was written 24 hours before the deadline, but I was too lazy to code it. After sleep, I forgot to post it, went out and well, you can guess the rest. Figured I didn't wanna waste it, so here it is.

Mid morning in Hong Kong, China, a beautiful city, is where we start. Streams of light bath the pavement and water as the scene looks out on Victoria Harbour, one of nine harbours in Hong Kong. Looking down on a row of yachts from a high wall is none other than J2H and Simpson. A puled look crosses Simpson's face as he gazes down on the shiny blue water. In his hands, he holds two large looking suitcases.

Simpson:  I'm confused sir.

J2H, wearing three quarter length, beige pants and a white sleeveless shirt, looks up at Simpson through sunglasses covered eyes.

J2H: Understatement of the century. It's simple, when Christian Underwood told me I had to be in Hong Kong, that I was on the show, which obviously means more ratings, a thought hit me.

Simpson:  Hopefully it didn't leave a bruise sir.

J2H lowers his sunglasses with his left hand, his right hand moving down his thick, gold rope chain hanging from his neck. Simpson's face instantly turns to regret.

Simpson:  Sorry sir.

J2H: You're a laugh an hour, you know that? If I ever get tired of having you around, you'd make a fantastic comedian.

Simpson's face lights up with a smile.

Simpson:  Really sir?

J2H: No.

The young man's bluntness wipes the smile from his bodyguard's face as quickly as it appeared.

J2H: Anyway, a thought hit me.

He quickly raises a finger to Simpson.

J2H: No jokes this time please, I don't think I'd be able to stop my sides from splitting.

A sarcastic tone rings through the air before switching back to normal as he continues.

J2H: The thought was why should I be stuck in some crummy little hotel, where members of the public would probably try and break in, in this crime haven, when I can just get one of those beautiful boats and stay away from the great unwashed, stinking masses? That is luxury and we have no chance of being run over by one of those midgets fools on bicycles pulling one of those big baskets behind it.

He looks back over the luxury yachts, long and shiny in the mid morning sun.

J2H: I wonder what one is ours, they all look so great.

A wide grin crosses J2H's face as he walks away from Simpson. He stops and turns back, looking at the bigger man.

J2H: Well.... hurry up!

His barking order snaps Simpson to life, turning him around to follow J2H.

Minutes later.

The camera shows a long, luxurious white yacht, two decks high as it stretches beyond the camera view. J2H off camera can be heard.

J2H: What the fuck is this?!?!

The camera turns around to see J2H and Simpson standing on a wooden jeti, looking at a much smaller boat, dwarfing in comparison to it's larger neighbor. Unlike it's neighbor, the shiny white has turned a shade or two darker. J2H looks at Simpson, a look of disgust on his face.

Simpson:  Don't look at me sir, you arranged it. I'm sure it's just fine on the inside.

J2H's mouth opens wide, before slamming shut. He talks through gritted teeth.

J2H: Are you fucking joking, it's a damn mess, it will probably sink the second we step on to it.

Simpson:  We won't know unless we try sir.

J2H points his arm out, pointing to the yacht and nodding his head firmly in the same direction.

J2H: After you then, big mouth.

An apprehensive look crosses Simpson's face as he looks unsure of his next move. He reaches to his side and picks up the two heavy looking suitcases and moves slowly towards it, walking along the jeti and putting the suitcases on the boat first. He looks back at J2H, who waves him on to take the first step. Simpson turns back to face the steps leading on to the boat, taking a deep breath, he walks on. He plants his right foot on, his eyes closed as he pauses for a second, before pulling his left leg over and plants it on to the tail end of the yacht. He lets out a sigh of relief as he turns around to face a sarcastically clapping J2H.

Simpson:  Nothing to it sir.

A proud smile creeps over Simpson's face as J2H stops his sarcastic clapping.

J2H: Looks like someone up there heard your prayers, because your face came across as someone who was shitting themselves.

Simpson pulls on his white shirt collar as he looks at J2H, clearing his throat as he does. He waves J2H to step aboard and an equally apprehensive look crosses his face as he approaches it.

Simpson:  It's perfectly safe sir.

He puts one foot on the wooden boards and pulls himself over, stepping on to the yacht. He nods his head confidently and walks beyond Simpson.

J2H: I knew it would be ok! I had a gut feeling it would be fine!

Simpson turns his head, rolling his eyes at J2H before turning back

Simpson:  Very good sir. Would you like a drink? I can see if there's anything aboard here.

J2H nods his head.

J2H: There should be. I ordered it to be fully stocked. I paid extra for this piece of shit.

Simpson moves away from J2H, moving in front of a wooden door. He stops in front of it and looks at it.

Simpson:  Sir, their appears to be a note pinned to the door.

J2H: Well, don't just stand there! Bring the fucking thing over to me!

Simpson pulls the note from the door and turns on his heels, moving quickly towards J2H. He holds the letter in front of J2H, who snatches it out of his hand.

J2H: Drink Simpson, drink!

Simpson:  Right away sir.

Simpson moves away and J2H examines the letter, quickly noticing that the writing is written in purple crayon. He tilts his head up, looking at the sky, muttering under his breath and looking down at the note and reading out loud.  

J2H: Dear James, hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

He quickly shakes his head.

J2H: Did I really just say hiiiiiiiiiiii? Ugh!

He looks back down at the writing written in crayon.

J2H: A little teddy bear told me that you was going to be in Hong Kong and that you was going to get a shot at my title next week. I don't know how he knew but when I asked him, he wouldn't say. So we thought maybe in case there's a chance you might be a champion again, you should live like a champion, so Angel hacked thought you might be staying on a boat, so we thought you should get an upgrade, so he called the boat people and pretended he was you.... he does a great J2H impression when he shouts out SIIIIIIIIMPSON! And we thought staying on a boat called the Seven Seas sounded yucky, so we got you an upgrade to this boat.

J2H pauses and turns his head, looking at the much bigger yacht behind him, reading the nameplate. He grits his head as he reads it as the Seven Seas.

J2H: That damn bear!

He looks back down at the letter.

J2H: See you in Japan, enjoy the boat.... Despy and Angel.

J2H screws the note up, throwing it behind him and in to the water, a look of anger on his face. He grits his teeth.

J2H: I.... hate.... that.... fucking.... bear!

Simpson:  What bear?

J2H jumps in the air as Simpson stands to the side of him.

J2H: That damn bear!

Simpson looks around, looking for a bear but shakes his head.

Simpson:  I regret to inform you sir that there is nothing on board in the form of a drink.

Before J2H can get made, the sound of a huge shipping horn is heard in the background. He jumps around in complete shock and surprise as he sees a container ship, piled high with different colored shipping containers.

J2H: What the?

Simpson:  I thought you knew sir

Simpson's comments causes J2H to stare intensely at him.

J2H: Knew what?

Simpson:  This place doubles up as a commercial harbour sir. Right over there is a dockyard.

J2H spins around, to see where Simpson's arm is pointing to see a very busy dockyard on the other side of the water, full of tall cranes and people.

J2H: So basically, the bear has screwed me over and put me in this floating bath, there's nothing to drink on this thing and I'm right in a dockyard?

Simpson stays silent, but J2H's eyes start to wander at someone walking past the boat.

J2H: It's her Simpson!

Simpson:  Who sir!

J2H points at the short dark haired tattooed woman on the dock walking past, she turns and waves towards J2H with a sweet smile.

J2H: The woman from Dubai, the one I met and kept seeing everywhere, it's her Simpson!

J2H moves towards the edge of the boat, jumping over and on to the wooden jeti. He raises his voice loudly.

J2H: Hey! Wait up!

The woman turns back to smile at J2H, but keeps on walking towards a crowd. He moves towards her but something distracts him in his pocket. He looks down and pulls out his phone to see a message on it.

J2H: Bad timing Christian!

J2H looks up but the woman has disappeared in to the crowd and from out of sight of the young man.

J2H: Fucking hell!

Simpson:  Are you feeling ok sir?

J2H looks at his phone, clicking on the message before letting out a soft angry growl. He diverts his attention up towards Simpson.

J2H: No I'm not feeling ok Simpson! I'm on this shitty boat, dockyard there, no booze, the woman who I have seen everywhere for weeks was just right there and I couldn't get any answers on why she's everywhere I am, and to top it all off, I just read Christian's message. I've come all this way to Hong Kong, just to face this fucking joke of a wrestler called Connor Murphy! A guy not worth anyone's damn time!

J2H spins around, walking away from the boat before spinning back to Simpson.

J2H: I got so much luck today Simpson, and all of it's bad!

J2H turns around, storming away from Simpson as the scene fades out.

So the days activities have come and passed and J2H looks thoughtfully over Victoria Harbour, sitting at the far end of the yacht he was sitting on earlier, as well as a lot more calmer than earlier. The moonlight has now set in and the bright beams burn through the night sky, adding to the lights on the dark looking water, from the nearby towers. J2H, wearing three quarter length pants, and no shirt, looks down at the water, the light reflecting off of it and a calm look crosses his face.

J2H: You'd think the bosses would learn by now, don't you?

A roll of the shoulders causes J2H to lift his head up and look down the camera.

J2H: I put on an outstanding display against Tim Staggs and Johnny Tsunami, a display that not only out wrestled, but out smarted them. I had those people in Dubai eating out of my palms and yet, I'm repaid by giving me a match with another Nobody, the latest Nobody, the man who really is a Nobody, Connor Murphy.

He rolls his eyes.

J2H: This man is actually the meaning of the word nobody, the legit, one hundred percent meaning of nobody. Why I hear you ask, and you know I will tell it to you straight because it's the kinda guy I am. Connor Murphy has been an SCW star for a while, but can you think of one thing he's actually achieved in SCW? Like just one little thing?

He raises a finger for effect before waving it at the camera.

J2H: Anyone?

J2H pauses for a second, turning his ear as if someone is going to answer.

J2H: No? No one at all. Good, now you see exactly what I see. In all his time here, the man has done absolutely nothing noteworthy at all, he's done not a damn thing to be remembered, not a thing anyone can even think of. While I was winning the tag titles and a couple of roulette titles, what has Connor Murphy been actually doing other than losing matches? Seriously! The guy has done nothing worth knowing. He's more than an outsider, even when he somehow got offered a spot in those New Extreme jokes, he did nothing. He stood in the background along with Steve Ramone and did nothing while others took the spotlight, people like Spike Staggs took the spotlight. The only reason Connor was there was to make Spike look like he cared about new stars when it was all about him.

J2H nods convincingly.

J2H: This is what this guy is, a support character to make others look better. Joining these Nobodies prove the point further. Think about it, I know it's hard for you to think about anything other then alcohol and cigarettes Connor, but try your very, very hardest. Johnny Tsunami was in the Nobodies and did less than nothing, Kris Halc is probably crying on his mother's shoulder after losing the title, both of them was in the Nobodies for a reason, both of them are not anymore. So they bring in some silly little girl that talks on Twitter like she's Rage with tits and long hair, and they turn to you... Can't you see why?

A cocky smirk crosses J2H's face.

J2H: It's not cause that stellar win record of yours, is it?

The smirk continues to stay on his face as he continues.

J2H: It's just another case of history repeating itself. Have you worked it out yet Murph?

He flattens his hands out in front of him, looking at the camera.

J2H: Let me tell ya then... You're just a bitch again to another man called Staggs!

J2H taps the side of his head, in the classic "I'm smart" sign.

J2H: Let that sink in for a minute, because you've probably never worked it out before.

He leans back with a smirk on his face, letting some time pass before leaning back in towards the camera and pressing his hands together.

J2H: First you played background guy to daddy Staggs in his stable and now he's just passed you to juniors stable so you can be another Staggs background guy bitch! That's what it is, I mean come on, I know you're a bit slower than the rest of us, but how could you have not seen that? How could you have not seen that the Staggs have had you wrapped around their little finger for years. You'd have to be blind as well as incredibly stupid not to see that, because I did, I saw it. You are the guy who simply just makes up the numbers in groups, the guy that's never a breakout star because those damn Staggs boys just won't let ya. They want you to be the guy who gets your ass kicked, while they 'tactically retreat'. That's what you are, their own personal punch bag there to make up the numbers. While Staggs goes and wins, and you continue to lose, who looks like the heartbeat of the group? He's the one who claims the glory? It won't be you, because you'll be there to lose, making Staggs look better.

He places his palms on the side of his head in mock shock.

J2H: I can't believe you didn't see this before! Some groups go for strength, The Seven Deadly Sins, even the Rejects went for strength where every member was strong and could beat ninety percent of people, but that's not how a Staggs group works Connor. They bring in people like you to lose in the group so that they actually look better. Everyone remembers the winners, no one remembers the losers. That's why no one remembers you, or will remember you when these Nobodies fade out and you're back to standing there on your own. No one will know who you are once more.

He rests his elbows down on to his legs.

J2H: Someone had to tell you eventually Connor, it might as well be me, cause I'm the guy who starts to make another Staggs look good, just by kicking your ass. Tim will be shaking my hand after the match knowing his record would have just improved compared to yours.

J2H ducks his head slightly before raising it up and looking in to the camera.

J2H: You're what they call cannon fodder Connor, You get thrown to the wolves constantly and you will do here again, because unlike you, I got something to aim at here. Didn't you hear? As much as these bosses have made me face a loser like you, but this is a formality in their heads because I am getting a shot at Despayre's Internet championship...

He tilts his head to the side with a smile on his face.

J2H: What will you be doing next week while I'm walking out with Despayre's Internet championship?

He puts his hand on his chin, straightening his head and smiling.

J2H: Probably sitting in doors with an ice pack still on your head from this resounding beating I'm going to give you, or walking around backstage having Staggs push you in to more people to beat on your while he hides.

J2H stands up, pressing his hands together and looking down the camera.

J2H: Enjoy this beating Connor, because it's coming from a future champion. That's real talk bitch!

J2H turns to walk away as the camera starts to fade out.
>