Author Topic: Nobody beats J2H  (Read 247 times)

Offline Connor Murphy

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Connor Murphy
Nobody beats J2H
« on: July 17, 2015, 11:09:04 PM »
 After Climax Control 119 ~

The light on the clock flashes in a dull neon red.  As the numbers change to 4:44, the sound of a phone going off can be heard, the insistent buzz of it causing a muffled rumble from the bed as a hand shoots out and slams against it like it has a snooze button.  The phone skitters across the bedside table and to the floor amid some bloody towels and a bottle of some local liquor.

Voice:  Mxpushsf

The phone continues to ring which only makes the arm that smacked it to the floor pound against it again.  The ringing stops and a satisfied murmur can be heard as the lump on the bed belonging to the arm burrows deeper in the bed.  Only moments later, the phone begins to buzz again.  With a roar at the noise, the blankets are tossed to the side and a bruised and bloody Connor Murphy lunges to the phone and without looking at the number as he swipes it on speakerphone.

Connor Murphy:  Do you realize that you just got yourself a deathwish fulfillment?

The voice on the other end doesn’t sound too happy as they answer.

Voice:  Connor Murphy, what in the HELL do you think you are doing talking to ME like that?!?

Connor rubs his hand across his face as he mutters angrily into his fist before pulling it away enough to respond.

Connor Murphy:  Listen Vix…

Vixen:  Don’t you Vix me Connor.  What were you doing tonight on CC?  I was watching the whole thing and I couldn’t believe what happened in that ring.  I told you to look after Tim, not join him in this gang thing.  You are supposed to be the adult there.

Connor cringes at the decibels Vixen is using as she berates the Irishman.  Holding the phone away from his ear, he struggles to a sitting position and reaches for a cigarette then curses as he opens the pack to find it empty.  Crushing it in his hand, he tosses the pack to the floor with a growl.

Vixen:  Are you listening Connor?  You let him jump you into that little gang he has going?  I trust Tim but he is still young and needs a role model.  And since his father has retired…

Connor picks up the bottle of liquor, tilting it slightly before swigging at the liquid, the swallow muting the words that Vixen is saying.

Connor Murphy:  I’m listening to you Vix and let me be tellin’ you, Tim’s got the right idea yanno.  He’s a smart little man if you ask me.  If he didn’t decide this on his own, I would have said that he wasn’t Spike’s son.  Besides, don’t you think I can watch him better from the inside?

The sound of a baby crying can be heard as well as a soft shushing humming from Vixen before she replies.  Connor in the meantime sets the phone on the bedside table.

Vixen:  Damnit Connor.  Tim is taking this a little far don’t you think?  I realize that it is in his blood and I know his father was just the same but Spike has mellowed somewhat so this doesn’t mean that Tim needs to take over as the extreme Staggs.  He needs to take care of himself.

Connor almost laughs out loud at the concern from Vixen.  

Connor Murphy:  I would love to be a fly on the wall should you have said that in front of Spike.  

Vixen:  Don’t change the subject Connor!

Letting his head fall forward, Connor reaches to the phone and picks it up.  

Vixen ~softly~ :  Shush Bijou, ma belle

Connor Murphy:  Sounds like you are busy Vix, I will let you go…

Vixen:  Oh no you don’t Connor, I am not finished with you yet.  Now that I have Bijou quiet I want to know why you joined Tim’s nobodies.  This doesn’t seem like you especially since I was sure you were going to keep him from getting hurt.  From the looks of it, you were one of the ones that were beating the crap out of him.  

Connor snorts at that comment only to hear Vixen begin to curse him in French.  Once he lets her vent, he goes on the offensive.

Connor Murphy:  Vixen me girl, Tim’s got a good head on his shoulders and the Nobodies are a family like NXT was.  Just a bit more dangerous and violent and we have a hell of a time.  I have his back and he has mine.  Now what time is it there…well it is 5 in the morning and I just got to bed like an hour ago so m’love, I am going to hang up this phone and head back to dreamland.  Kiss the babies for me and don’t call again.  Night Vixie.

Connor points his finger at the phone then swipes it off.  With a chuckle he tosses the phone over his shoulder then falls backwards into the crumpled pile of pillows and blankets.

\'user

Airport in Hong Kong day before Climax Control 120 ~

Groups of people fill the arrival area of the airport in Hong Kong.  Along one wall are drivers, signs held in front of them with various names of people on them.  A lone figure stands near the baggage claim, slouched against one of the pillars as he watches the drivers try to attract the attention of deplaning passengers.   Smirking Connor Murphy tucks his hands into his pockets as he begins to speak almost to himself.

Connor Murphy:  Look at that will ya.  Everyone wants to have a name, wants to be noticed and recognized.  I used to be like that at one time.  I was a somebody, a somebody that everyone treated like a nobody.  And now, I am a Nobody that everyone is going to see is a somebody.

Someone moves closer to the lounging man and stops.  Rocky Mountains turns and looks at Connor.

Rocky Mountains:  Well well who do we have here?  Connor Murphy, new Nobody.

Connor turns and smirks at the woman.  

Connor Murphy:  Nah love, I’m Nobody.  And what are you doin’ here?  Climax Control is tomorrow.

Rocky Mountains:  Well I was just on my way to interview anybody I could and now here you are.

Connor chuckles as he shakes his head.  

Connor Murphy:  I am not anybody RM, I am a Nobody.

Rocky Mountains:  Does that mean I can’t ask you about your match this week after the beating you took last week?  I mean you let Tim Staggs and his group beat you bloody and now here you are one week removed facing none other than J2H.

The rich sound of Connor’s laughter draws the attention of people nearby as Rocky Mountains also smiles.

Rocky Mountains:  What’s so funny?

Connor Murphy:  Did you hear yourself Rocky m’dear?  You said J2H, the boy that everyone says he is one of the best now that he has been training and getting better and getting his shot at Despayre for the internet title that Kris Halich wasn’t able to hold on to.  That’s just hilarious to me.  

Rocky Mountains:  How so Connor?

Connor Murphy:  Well I am sure that J2H is probably already gone on record as saying that I am a Nobody.  And he’s right but I am a Nobody that has a match against him this week.  But lil Jamie has an advantage because when he loses, he will be able to say he lost to Nobody.  How many losers can say that huh?  Well, I guess everyone that we Nobodies beat in the ring could say that but that is not my point at this time.  See this week I am focusing on J2H and when I am done with him, he will be wishing that he was really a Nobody like me.

Rocky Mountains:  I don’t think that J2H would agree with you about that.  I mean that he does think very highly of himself and the fact he is so dangerous and popular and the best in the ring.  If you ask him, nobody is better.

Connor Murphy:  That is right RM, Nobody is better and I will be proving that this week when we step in the ring.  The only thing that I regret is that I can’t take his shot at the Internet title away from him considering that when he loses to me, he will have lost to a Nobody and how could he explain his deserving of a title shot?  I mean what or who did he do to get this shot anyways?  

Rocky Mountains:  Well he has been a winner in most of his matches.

Connor Murphy:  Ok but still, wouldn’t you say that nobody deserves the shot more?

Rocky Mountains:  I don’t know about that.  Do you mean nobody more deserving than J2H?

Connor Murphy:  Certainly not, I mean that Nobody deserves the title, as in this Nobody.  But that is another story.  Right now there is a certain big goofy violent man that also has my attention but I won’t go into detail about him.

Rocky Mountains:  Which is a good idea considering you are in the ring with J2H.  If you split your focus, you aren’t going to be able to beat J2H.

At that thought, Connor straightens as he sees someone in a hoodie move into the group of drivers and grabs a whiteboard from a fellow driver and erased the name on it.  Writing something quickly, the mysterious person turns it around to reveal the word Nobody on it.

Connor Murphy:  It looks like my ride is here Rocky so I will bid you a fond fare you well and that I will see you at Climax Control.

Connor moves towards the sign carrier and the two disappear into the crowd before Rocky Mountains can get a word in edgewise.

\'user

Vlog – Day of Climax Control 120 ~

Connor Murphy:  Knock knock…who’s there?  Nobody

J2H, tonight you will be in the ring with Nobody.  You will go one on one with Nobody and you are going to LOSE to Nobody.  I am pretty sure that you have already said the same thing.  So I am just putting the emphasis on it for you.

Honestly J2H, I am not in the best of moods right now and sadly because of that you are the one that is going to suffer because when I get in this kind of mood, I tend to get a little too violent and when I do, I go off.

But if it makes you feel better man, you can keep saying that you lost to Nobody. I won’t deny it and neither will the record books.