Author Topic: Second stop on the Pog Mo Thoin Tour  (Read 278 times)

Offline Connor Murphy

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Connor Murphy
Second stop on the Pog Mo Thoin Tour
« on: June 12, 2015, 07:01:45 PM »
 Scene 1 – Las Vegas – Vixen’s old apartment

Voice:  Preparation is the key and I am going to be prepared for Into the Void!

The words echo around the room where one man can be seen slogging along on a treadmill that has seen better days.  Behind him is the image of a woman in a title belt smirking at the camera as she pulls the damp NXT shirt away from her body, in front of him a rather large bottle of water with a coating of frosted condensation.  Suddenly a knock on the door of the room draws the man’s attention which causes him to trip off the belt with a muttered curse.  Connor Murphy grabs the bottle and raises it slightly to his lips only to pause and shout out at the closed door.

Connor Murphy:  This had better be good.  If it is that nosy neighbour from the floor below, I am going to tell them to…

Grasping the door handle, Connor is about to yank it open when the lock clicks and the door is swung forward violently.  Using quick reflexes, Connor manages to dodge the door but is bowled over by the large bag of groceries in the arms of his best friend Devlin.

Devlin Lefebvre:  What the hell!!!  CONNOR!  What are you doing here and how did you get into Vixen’s place?

Connor Murphy:  Never you mind what I am doing here and how I got in.  What are you doing here and with all these groceries?  I got all I need but if you are going to take care of me, you have done your bit and now you can go.  I have preparations to make.

Devlin shakes his head and moves towards the kitchen with the bags.  Connor follows slowly as he sips at the beverage in his hand.  Devlin drops everything on the counter and begins to pull food stuffs out and puts them away with a smirk at the empty fridge and cupboards with the bare minimum in them.  Once he has put everything away, he motions to the spaces.

Devlin:  Preparations?  Oh sure.  I hope that your title shot preparations aren’t as empty as these cupboards were.  If that is the case, you don’t stand a chance of taking the title this week.

Connor chokes on laughter that makes him swallow the water in his mouth wrong.  Sputtering and coughing, Connor finally catches his breath as the water he managed to spit out soaks into his sweaty shirt.

Connor Murphy:  What are you talking about?  I have my title shot at Into the Void.  This week I am taking off to get ready for the match.

Devlin Lefebvre:  Oh no you don’t have this week off.  Lucky you get to get a match this week that could see you walking into the supercard as the champ…Champ.

Devlin’s smirk emphasizes the comment of Connor being a champion.  Connor’s eyes widen as he realizes what Devlin is saying.

Connor Murphy:  I got a title shot this week?  Against who?  

Devlin Lefebvre:  Against Raab.

Connor Murphy looks at Devlin suspiciously.  Devlin nods sagely, his smirk still visible.  Connor’s lips begin to curl into a matching smirk.

Connor Murphy:  I can’t believe that they are giving me the chance to win the title before I was planning to.  Well this is even better than Into the Void.  When did they announce this?

Devlin Lefebvre:  After the show last week.  Don’t you read the website?  Wait, they posted it probably when you were in the air so I’ll give you a pass.

Devlin laughs as he heads towards the couch near the treadmill as Connor gets back on and begins to run again. As he does, he watches Devlin who lays back on the couch and puts his hand behind his head.  The pair are quiet for the moment as Connor concentrates on the jogging along the belt, his hands moving in short punches.  Devlin turns slightly and pulls the remote to the television towards him and points it at the screen.  Suddenly it blinks on to reveal a movie playing of Lord Raab wrestling.  Devlin looks at Connor with one eyebrow raised.

Devlin Lefebvre:  Really?  Studying tape?

Connor Murphy:  Of course boyo, never know what I might learn.  And from what I have seen, he’s a big bad bully that no one will stand up to.  Or they try to stand up to him then fall short.  That ain’t gonna be me.

Devlin can only stare in disbelief at Connor who glares back.

Connor Murphy:  This ain’t my first rodeo when it comes to bullies Dev and besides, coming back off that injury, I’m hungry for my first taste of Sin City Wrestling gold.  So maybe it is a good thing that the taste will come before the supercard.  Lord Raab will be the appetizer to the main course of me being the champion at Arabian Fights.

Devlin Lefebvre:  Or maybe it is just a teaser for the bigger meal.  Either way, a title is a title is a championship and you man, you need to snatch it.

Connor Murphy:  From your lips to the wrestling god’s ears!

With that, Connor turns off the treadmill and joins his friend on a chair by the couch to watch a new match starting on the screen as the scene fades out.

Scene 2 – Doha Qatar-Hotel room

Inside a hotel room that is rather on the small side, Connor Murphy opens a laptop that has stickers of the Dropkick Murphy’s all over it.  Pressing the power button, the screen hums to life as Connor pulls on his Pog Mo Thoin tour tee and pulls a cigarette out of the pack beside the laptop.  Lighting it, he sucks in a long drag then blows the smoke upwards as he lets his other hand trail along the mouse pad at the bottom of the keyboard.  Suddenly the light for the webcam flashes and Connor can see himself in a small window on the screen.

Connor Murphy:  Here I am…sitting in my hotel room and getting ready for what might be the highlight match of the night at Climax Control.  See, I found out last week that I would be getting a title shot at the Roulette title at the next supercard, Into the Void 4.  Now I have to admit that I kinda got a little tickled about that.

Connor drags on the cigarette and with a smile again exhales slowly.

Connor Murphy:  And you know what, I thought about it and realized that my time was coming when I would be able to slide into that ring and stand with the big boys and fight off three others to get the gold.  Now I find out that this week’s Climax Control is where I really get to try the rarified air of championship matches when I go one on one with Lord Raab. And what exactly does that mean for Connor Murphy?  It means that theoretically I could be walking in a contender Sunday night and walking out a champion or walking out not at a hundred percent for the supercard.  If you ask me, I think it might be a little of column A and a little column B but one way or another, this is going to be the night that I make my mark on Lord Raab.  Because I guarantee that he ain’t gonna be walking out one hundred percent either.  My promise to him and to the fans.

Connor Murphy:  You see, I sit back and watch as everyone and I do mean everyone discounts me like I have nothing to do with even being in the title picture but trust me, I am going to claw and fight my way through that match and snag the title from that bully Raab.  I am going to show him just how hungry I am for gold and no matter what happens in that ring, I am going to take the fight to him and make Raab and everyone watch respect me.

Leaning back, Connor smirks at the camera before taking another drag of the cigarette then pointing at the camera.

Connor Murphy:  My promise to me and you and everyone in SCW.

With that, Connor again leans forward and presses stop on the webcam.  Opening up youtube, he uploads the video with a bit of laughter as the scene fades out.