Author Topic: Mercedes Vargas: Misty - "What Took Her So Long."  (Read 1750 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Mercedes Vargas: Misty - "What Took Her So Long."
« on: March 27, 2015, 09:57:56 AM »
 SCW Bombshell Mercedes Vargas recently spoke to the Romanian newspaper Actualitatea ahead of Climax Control 110 this weekend in Bucharest, Romania as part of the second week on the European Leg on its SCW World Tour. Some highlights from the interview:

Her Thoughts on Misty and Andrew Watts winning the Blast From the Past Tournament:

"In three words: It was terrible. It's like being strapped to a chair and being forced to watch the Twilight series on repeat. Congratulations to Andrew Watts maintaining his undefeated streak and Misty getting her win, but let's face facts, when you look into the history books, there should be an asterisk next to their names. They cheated, twice, to get to where they are today. Misty had to use the ropes for leverage for her and Andy to get past the first round. Then some exhibitionist – whatever the hell her name is – came out of nowhere and caused the distraction that allowed them to skate into the finals. What do you call that? Cheating. Obviously, that just another example of the double standard held against the Mean Girls. When we get blamed for cheating, we get hate mail and threats of being tarred and feathered, but when they do it, they get a free pass. Ridiculous."

On Amy Marshall becoming the new World Bombshell Champion:

"It's obvious that Amy Marshall was lucky, and she was. Any one of those girls in the back could have had the opportunity. And even then, Marshall got a lot of help during the match that night. The program may have said this was a singles match, but Delia was really in a handicap match. There was no way she was going to win against under those circumstances. Amy became champion because of Holly, not because she was the better competitor that night."

About the Mean Girls going forward:

"Misty talks about how we don't take losing well? I call bullshit. Misty doesn't speak for the Mean Girls, and she damn sure doesn't speak for me. Are we upset, are we disappointed after that night? Of course we are. Who wouldn’t be after our title reigns came to an end? Doesn't change anything in the Bombshells Division. As a matter of fact, it's not even the Bombshells Division, it's the Mean Girls division. And for the past ten months, we have dominated everyone in SCW, and that includes Misty. I don't know if you have selective amnesia like she does – oh, wait, she finally remembers everything again. How convenient – but we were never about the titles, that came with the territory, that was just the proverbial cherry on top on why we destroyed anyone and everyone that got in our way.

"Delia and myself turned away challenger after challenger for over five months. 175 days. That's something that will never be equaled or surpassed again, I don't care who the new champions are. The Mean Girls are the reason why the Bombshell and Bombshell Tag Team Championship received '"world title status", we're the reason why the Bombshell Roulette Championship received prominence for the first time in a long time, we're the reason why people come to watch Climax Control and supershows. And as for Misty, no matter how she wants to spin it, the only reason why she came out of "retirement" is because of us. Not of her own free will, not to settle unfinished business, not because Mark or Christian angled a new contract in front of her or whatever, not to reclaim her former glory. The reason why she considered retirement prior to that was because of us. Look at it this way, it's not so much what would we do without SCW then it is what would SCW do without the Mean Girls."

On Misty's retirement:

"What took her so long? No, but in all seriousness, I knew it was coming. Don't get me wrong, I respect Misty Waters for everything she's done in her career, especially in Sin City Wrestling. I respect her even more for finally coming to her senses. It may have taken a few months, but I knew in the end she would follow my advice. I mean, that's what I do. I said, "Misty, save yourself the trouble and quietly go into retirement" That was back in August, three weeks after she returned. She essentially had two choices: either go quietly into retirement, or the Mean Girls force her into retirement. She took the road less traveled by, and that's made all the difference. So, if there's anyone who should take credit for her finally hanging up her boots, for good, it's yours truly.

"And you know what this means, don't you? It means that her seven-month comeback tour is over. Sure, we didn't exactly stop her from becoming tournament champion, but sometimes it's the small victories that count. She talks about how she's at peace now. Well, good for her. Hopefully, that means no more ten minute retirements. I hope she gets to live with herself that had things turned out differently in the co-main event at Blaze of Glory, Delia would have embarrassed her again if she decided to cash in that Bombshell Championship title shot. I hope she can find peace with herself that the Mean Girls evicted her from the house that she built and everything that she built crashed down on her and that Odette Ryder and Melody Grace abandoned her when she needed them most. I hope she can live with Delia making her life a living hell for the duration of her comeback. And maybe she can live with the fact that little Eden asks where is Auntie Delia coming for her next playdate."

About the Mean Girls Being Fined Following Climax Control 109:

"I was pleasantly surprised when I heard about it on Twitter, but it's neither here or there. I mean, it's just a fine, so we might as well pay it and be done with it. I think it was pretty obvious one little fine was going to be our punishment. I think we got away easy. But then again, we are the fairer sex. Secondly, we're Mean Girls. Aside from exceptional talent like Sean Jackson and Gabriel Stevens, without us, Climax Control wouldn't have a show. We're the ones keeping the Bombshells Division alive. As a matter of fact we ARE the Bombshells Division in a sense.  About that fine, I think we make something good out of it. In fact, whatever dollar amount it is, we'll match it and give it to charity to all the orphans, gypsies, tramps, thieves and vagabonds in Romania. Gothika and Raynin would be thankful for helping their country." (Ed Note: Gothika is from Detroit, Mich. and Raynin is from Austin, TX)

Whether she will pursue a rematch for the Bombshell Roulette Championship and what's next for her:

"Well, I can't speak for Delia, but as for as me and a rematch, why even consider it? I've held the Bombshell Roulette Championship for nearly six months. I've reached career milestones and shattered records during my third reign. And while I could say that Natalie McKinley was lucky, what's in it for me to chase the title again and go for a fourth reign? With the state the division is in now, what good is it for the Mean Girls to hold nearly all the titles for a THIRD time? What's the point of me winning that title again just to prove that I can do it? It would be meaningless, which is what the top two titles in this division will go back to being following the supershow."

On Natalie McKinley's Wanting to Face Her Again:

"Yes, I've heard Natalia's comments, and I have to say I was pleasantly entertained when she was given her fifteen minutes. What our new Bombshell Roulette Champion doesn't seem to understand is while she may be the champion, that doesn't change the way things go around here. We're the Mean Girls. We don't come to them, they come to us. So..."

If the balance of power shifted in the Bombshells Division after Blaze of Glory:

"How can you lose something we've always had? It's always been about us versus the world, us versus them, the have and the have-nots. Blaze of Glory changes nothing. In life, there are winners and there are losers, and the rest of the Bombshells had better smarten up to the fact that even when they win they LOSE when it comes to the Mean Girls. Has the Mean Girls lost control of the division? I think we proved that wasn't the case last week, and we'll prove that again this weekend in Bucharest, Romania, when Amanda and Veronica retain the Bombshell Tag Team Championship."
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 10:12:21 AM by Mercedes Vargas »

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)