Author Topic: My Forgotten Life: Part 2  (Read 328 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
My Forgotten Life: Part 2
« on: February 06, 2015, 11:32:32 PM »
 Scene 1:
Sunday February 1st
Belfast, Ireland
A Win is a Win…Right?
**ON CAMERA**

Mine and Andrew’s match has just finished and man, oh man, was it exciting!  It was a lot harder than I expected, given Mikah’s sheer ferocity in trying to destroy me, but guess what?  It didn’t work.  I held my own against her and even did something I never expected to do.  I pinned her!  Andrew did an amazing job, too, but I’m on cloud nine right now after this.

After celebrating for a little bit in the ring, Andrew and I headed backstage and went our separate ways.  We made it through to the second round and now just begins the wait to hear when we are booked next and who our next opponents will be.  I’m smiling from ear to ear as I make my way behind the curtain, ready to join O’Malley again.  I don’t even need to search for him for long, as he approaches me.  I was expecting him to be smiling proudly, but he has a disappointed look on his face.

“What’s wrong?” I ask as we walk up to one another.  He rubs the back of his head as if thinking about the answer to my question. “I got the win for me and Andrew!  I pinned Mikah!”

I can’t help but smile from all the excitement.  My adrenaline is on overload, and he even manages to crack a smile because I’m so happy, but he shakes his head. “Yes ye did, love.  But, ye went about it the wrong way.  Ye basically cheated.”

My smile quickly fades, and my heart drops hearing this. “But…She tried to do the same thing!  It’s not MY fault the referee didn’t see when I did it!” I grin wickedly, proud of myself, but O’Malley again shakes his head.

“Ye held your own, I will give ye that much,” he tries to sound supportive, but I can tell he’s not happy with how things went down. “But don’t be surprised if Melody and Roxi scold ye for how ye won that match.  Especially Roxi.”

“Oh.” I say, frowning again.  I hadn’t thought about that. “I didn’t purposely get my opponents disqualified, though!”

I immediately go from happy and proud to disappointed and even a bit angry.  O’Malley was supposed to be supportive, yet he stood before me almost lecturing me about how I won.  How could he do that to me?!  He goes to say something, but I hold my hand up, stopping him.

“Don’t even bother,” I growl at him.  I narrow my eyes and glare at him, and I’m sure if looks could kill, he’d be dead right now. “Thank you for ruining this for me, O’Malley.” I step past him and try to walk away, but he grabs my arm.  I yank it away and spin around, still glaring at him furiously.

“Now hold on, love.” He immediately looks remorseful and he holds his hands up.  It doesn’t matter, I’m still furious with him. “I wasn’t trying to ruin anything for ye.  I know ye can’t remember anything, and I understand that, but not everyone will.  I’m sorry, okay?”

I can see the remorse in his eyes, but I’m still angry.  He takes my hand, but I don’t immediately pull it away.  I know he wants me to remember him and the times we supposedly shared, but a part of me doesn’t. “I don’t think sorry is going to cut it tonight, O’Malley.  Maybe I am fooling myself.  Maybe I should have just taken time off until I get my memory back.  If that even ever happens.”  The look on my face said that the chances of that happening were getting less by the day.  I knew it and I’m sure O’Malley knew it also.  It has been three weeks already and nothing has come back to me yet.

He tries to comfort me as much as I will let him, which isn’t very much.  I let him hug me, but only for a quick second before I pull away and fold my arms across my chest, admittedly pouting.  He shakes his head and stares at me, letting out a slightly amused laugh.

“I’m sorry.  I didn’t realize there was anything funny about my situation.” I growl at him.

He shakes his head and places his hands on my shoulders. “I’m not laughing at what yer going through, love.”  He says, and I look up into his eyes. “I’m laughing because the pre-amnesia Misty would never act like yer acting now.  Resorting to pouting?  I’m just not used to seeing ye like this.”

I shrug my shoulders and his arms drop back to his sides. “Yeah, well if you hadn’t noticed by now, I’m not the same Misty.  I don’t know who that Misty was and quite frankly, she sounds boring as hell.” I still don’t know much about who I was before I lost my memory, and debate in my mind whether or not I need to take a couple days this week to try and find out more.

“I can promise ye that ye weren’t, and aren’t, at all boring, love.” His attempt at trying to reassure me fails in my eyes, but I don’t come out and say it.  The fact is, I know he would rather have the old me back, but the more time passes, the less that *I* want that to happen.

“Whatever you say,” I respond, taking in a deep breath.  I manage to calm myself and let the tension fade.  I try to make it appear as though I believe him, but I don’t know if it works.

“Okay,” he says, ready to change the subject. “Let’s forget this little tiff ever happened, yeah?  What can I do to make it up to ye?” I raise an eyebrow curiously at him.  Man, he sure knows how to suck up to me, doesn’t he?  I quietly wonder if he was like this before I lost my memory.

“You mean that?” I ask, suddenly devising a plan in my head.  I could turn this into some serious fun, and he doesn’t even realize it.

He nods his head with a smile. “Absolutely.  Ye did fantastic out there either way, and ye deserve to celebrate before yer next match.”  He takes a step towards me, almost hesitantly as he is unsure of how I will react.  He is slightly relieved when I grin.

“Good!  Then take me out tonight!” I jump up and down excitedly, truly ready to have some fun.  The past few weeks have been nothing short of hell, and I’m ready to just forget (no pun intended) about it all, if only for short while.

He raises an eyebrow curiously, with a bit of a smile on his face. “Tonight?” He repeats, acting as if he didn’t hear me. “It’s a little last minute to be going out tonight, don’t ye think, love?”

I shake my head, disagreeing whole heartedly. “It’s NEVER too late to go out!  Come on, O’Malley.  I need to have some fun, and you’re from Ireland so I’m sure you know where you could take me.”

“I agree completely, love, but…” There it is.  The dreaded but word.  He shakes his head and takes my hand again. “We left Dixie back at the hotel and I’m sure she’ll need to speak to ye before she goes to bed.”

I sigh and roll my eyes. “Who cares?” I ask angrily.  Dixie has been so grouchy the last couple of weeks, the longer I could avoid her, the better. “If she was so concerned about my well-being, she would have come with us.  Not my problem.”

O’Malley can’t help but let out a laugh, and I know he agrees with me. “She’s yer sister, love.  I know she means well, even if she’s not showing it in the best way right now.”

“I get that, but you said you’d do anything to make this up to me.” I reply, taking both of his hands in mine.  “Please, O’Malley.  I need this!”

I look into his eyes, and I know he’s ready to give in to me.  A second later, however, he lets out a sigh. “How about this?  I’ll take ye out to celebrate, but tomorrow night.  As much as I know ye want to stay away from Dixie and her negativity, I’m trying to play nice with her for a while.  Get on her good side.”

I frown, even more disappointed than before, even though his idea is acceptable. “I…I guess I can live with that.  I just really wanted to celebrate tonight.”

O’Malley smiles warmly. “I know, love.  But, like I said, I think this time we need to enlighten Dixie a little bit.  I promise I’ll take ye out tomorrow night before we leave on Tuesday.”

I sigh, still disappointed, but I let myself smile a few seconds later.  I ultimately have something to look forward to, though.  “Okay then.  Where are you going to take me tomorrow?!”

O’Malley laughs and shakes his head. “Give me some time to decide, love.  I’ll let ye know tomorrow I’m sure.”

“Oh..okay.” I say, shrugging my shoulders.  I’m not sure where in Ireland O’Malley is from, but I’m sure he can figure out some place fun for us to go tomorrow, and hopefully Dixie doesn’t insist on going to be my babysitter because I really don’t need her over-protective annoying attitude.

“Let’s head back to the locker rooms and get yer things.” O’Malley says as he places his hand on my back. “Maybe before we leave we’ll hear about yer next opponents.”

“I hope so!  I really can’t wait to find out who me and Andrew are going to beat next!!” And that is the truth.  It doesn’t matter who we’re put against next.  I’m so confident…so riled up and fueled by adrenaline that I could probably take on the World and win.  O’Malley chuckles and I can tell he is genuinely happy to see me so excited.  I don’t know exactly why, but maybe it is just because of everything I am dealing with.  Either way, it doesn’t matter.  I can’t even focus on my amnesia right now.

Andrew and I WON!!!

“I’m still buzzing over here.  I was confident that Andrew and I would win on Sunday, but I never imagined that I would be the one to get the pin for our team!  I didn’t think I would win in my FIRST match!  Well..sort of first match.  It’s not technically my first match, but thanks to this stupid amnesia it feels like it!”

“I have to admit, though, while I’m excited I won, at least I’m not bragging all over to Twitter to everyone and everyone about my win.  I mean, it’s sort of tasteless I think and I’m not going to just BEG for people to congratulate me on a job well done.  I’m not like that Kris guy who can’t seem to shut up about ‘knocking a guy the F out’ and getting all mad when I admit that I was too busy focusing on other things than watching his match.  I mean, I was preparing for MY match, because I had to use every second I could to get ready.  I have amnesia, dude, I have to learn how to wrestle again so I didn’t have time to pay attention to your match.  Insult me all you want, but if your match was really that important for me to pay attention to, people would have told me.  I guess I have better people to learn from than you, pal.  Sorry!”

“But back to my big win.  I guess some people are throwing a fit over how I pinned Mikah, and sure maybe they have every reason to, but anyone who watched that match could see that Mikah tried the same thing!  She wants to whine and cry like a little baby because she got a taste of her own medicine, that’s on her I guess.  Poor Mikah lost at her own game!  I wish I had never tried being nice to her, because she’s just a grouchy hormonal maniac who LOST!”

“And do you know what that means?  It means I’m one step closer to getting a shot at the Bombshell Title and Andrew is that much closer to getting a shot at the Heavyweight Title!  Speaking of Andrew, I don’t get why so many people don’t like him.  Sure I don’t know him that well, but he’s confident and he knows he can get the job done so he’s cool in my book!  He did a hell of a job against Patient 026…or Adam Stoner, or whatever his name is.”

“We also found out who we’re facing next, and the match is NEXT WEEK!  I can’t say that I’m too excited about this match, though, because it’s the team with that woman who ruined everything for Roxi!  I guess in a way I should be excited because I’ll get to get vengeance on that woman who cried wolf!”

“But, I’ll focus on that later.  I have all week to prepare for that match and get focused on beating Mercedes…for Roxi!  Right now, though, I’m devoting my time and attention to having a good time and celebrating my win!  O’Malley is taking me to some place called Ollie’s Club and I’m so excited!  Time to dance the night away and have some fun and the best part?”

“Melody is coming, too!!  Oh…and her plus one.  Which I think means her oddly cute husband.  Shhh…don’t tell them I said that!”

Scene 2
Monday February 2nd
Ollie’s Night Club
Belfast, Ireland
A Celebratory Kiss?
**OFF CAMERA**

Before our night at the club, O’Malley decided to take me out to dinner.  The food was strange, but I oddly enjoyed it.  I could tell O’Malley was looking forward to spending time with me alone, but his eagerness changed to disappointment when I told him Melody would be tagging along, and with her husband, too!  He tried to hide his disappointment as best he could, given how much he admires and respects Melody, but I’m looking forward to partying with her!  If only Roxi could have made it, the night would have been even better!

The nightclub is just about a block away, and I hear the music as he walk towards it.  My face lights up with excitement.  I don’t know exactly know what to expect, as I can’t remember ever going to a nightclub before the amnesia, but I really don’t care.  The only good part about this amnesia is I get to experience those ‘first time’ feelings.  Everything, good and bad, is new to me and the good feelings are the ones I am cherishing.

As we get closer to the entrance to the club, I’m struck with an odd feeling.  I stop dead in my tracks and my whole body goes rigid, but O’Malley keeps walking.  At least until he notices that I’m no longer by his side.  He stops, turns around and sees me standing a few feet behind him, staring blankly ahead and he rushes to my side.

“Misty?  Love, what’s wrong?” He asks me.  I can hear his voice, but I can’t answer for some reason.  The music from the club has my full attention when it hits me.  

It’s like a shooting pain going through my head, and I close my eyes, grabbing my temples.  The second I close my eyes I get this weird vision.  I…I see myself, approaching a similar nightclub.

“Misty!  Answer me!” O’Malley continues shouting at me trying to get my attention, but I still can’t answer him.

The vision in my mind is so real.  It’s like it’s actually happening right now, and I almost believe it is.  I feel myself clench my right fist as if I’m holding something…a baseball bat?  That’s it!  I’m holding a baseball bat and I can feel my blood boiling.  It’s as if I’m furious about something.

“I..I need to find her.” I say the words in my mind.  Or, so I think.  

“What?  Who, love?  Who do you need to find?” O’Malley’s voice snaps me out of the trance, and the vision disappears as fast as it came.  I blink a few times, looking up at O’Malley who is now clearly very concerned about me.

“Huh?” I don’t even know what to say.  I honestly don’t know what just happened, and my hand relaxes at my side, but my knuckles are still a little white, but the color is slowly returning.

O’Malley stares at me, completely confused and still very worried.  He takes my hand, noticing the faint hints of white disappearing. “Ye spaced out for a minute there, love.  One minute we were walking towards the club, the next ye stop dead in yer tracks and just…blank out.  What happened?”

I blink my eyes a few times, honestly trying to figure that out myself.  I know I had a vision of some sort, but I can’t remember what it was about now, so I think nothing of it. “Oh…nothing.  I just…got a weird feeling is all.” I lie.  I know there is no point in telling him anything, as he might get excited over nothing.  I still have this overwhelming need to carry a baseball bat right now, though.

“Weird feeling?” He asks, trying to question me further.  I shake my head, refusing to get into it. “That looked like more than a weird feeling, love.”

I offer him a reassuring smile. “I’m fine, O’Malley.  Really.  Now, can we just go inside and look for Melody and…whatever her husband’s name is.”

“I..I’m not so sure this is a good idea, love.” He says, suddenly changing his tune.  He shakes his head and I immediately glare at him, not wanting this night to be ruined. “I think we should just get ye back to the hotel and celebrate another night.”

“No!  Absolutely not!” I step away from him furiously. “You promised me you would do this for me, and you’re going to stick to that promise.  If you want to go back to the hotel, be my guest, but I’m NOT going with you!”

I don’t give him the chance to argue as I turn around and continue walking to the club.  O’Malley has no choice but to quickly follow after me, and just as we approach the front entrance, Melody and her husband are just arriving.  Melody greets me excitedly as…what’s his name?...stands behind.

“Melly!” I shout as we greet each other with a hug. “I’m so glad you came out with…” I look to her husband, who is paying no attention to me at all.  He really doesn’t seem to want to be there.

“James.” Melody answers, and hearing his name finally catches his attention.  He simply nods at me, with no further acknowledgement. “I’m glad we came, too!  Time to dance, dance, dance!”

“And have a few drinks.” I remind her, but she and James immediately shake their heads.

“Umm…it’ll be Virgin Daiquiris for me all night!” She says and O’Malley can’t help but let out a chuckle.  James rolls his eyes, but he’s nodding in agreement.  

“That’s fine by me, but I want to have fun, fun, fun tonight.” I smile from ear to ear and Melody nods in agreement.  More people walk into the club, and hearing the music inside grabs our attention.  We’ve already wasted plenty of time, so the two of us walk side by side in to the club with the guys following behind us.  O’Malley is, of course, in a better mood than James, but I’m sure once inside James will lighten up and have some fun, too.  At least, I hope so!

A few hours later…

Tonight…has been…so much…FUN!  Between the music, the dancing and the yummy drinks, I couldn’t think of a better way to spend tonight.  Melody has had lots of fun, too, so that’s a plus.  I have to admit, I wasn’t sure how the whole dancing thing would go, but all I had to do was try.

As soon as I hit the dance floor, I looked around, watching what everyone else was doing.  There were so many people there and so many different styles of dancing going on, I just did whatever I felt like.  I closed my eyes, listening to the music and just let my body do the work!  I think at one point Melody tried to get O’Malley to go out there with me, but he stayed behind, enjoying his beer and just watching me have fun.

And, boy, am I ever having fun.  I’m starting to feel a little tired at this point, and I need a break.  So Melody and I make our way through the crowd, back over to the bar where O’Malley is waiting.  We’re not too sure where James is, but Melody spots him on the other side of the bar a few seconds later.  I grab the attention of the bartender, signaling for another drink.

“Maybe ye should stop for a while, love.” O’Malley shouts to me over the music.

I shake my head and keep a smile on my face. “Not a chance, O’Malley!  I’m not…driving!”

The words sound right in my head, but the looks that Melody and O’Malley are giving me tell me otherwise.  Is this what tipsy feels like?  Melody giggles, but O’Malley doesn’t return the same enthusiasm.  The bartender brings over my drink.

“Sex On the Beach is so amazing!!” I thought I was saying the words in my head, but apparently I wasn’t.  Melody bursts out laughing, and O’Malley manages to crack an amused smile as I take another sip of my delicious drink.

“She didn’t realize what she just said, did she?” Melody leans in and asks O’Malley.  He shakes his head and watches as I drink almost half of the glass and set it back down on the bar next to him.

“Not at all, love.” He says to her, glancing down to my half empty glass.  I turn and attempt to go back to the dance floor, when O’Malley grabs my arm. “Whoa, love.  Why don’t ye take a break for a while.  Yer starting to look really tired.”

I yank my arm out of his grasp and glare at him. “Nooo!” I hear myself shout at him and I even let out a drunken giggle. “I’m here to…ddancce.  So I’m gonna…dance!”

I quickly turn and move my way back out to the dance floor as Melody opts to stay behind for a bit.  O’Malley sighs, but I know he’s keeping a protective eye on me.  I pay no attention to him, not looking back as I start dancing once again.  I don’t even know any of these people, but that doesn’t stop me from dancing with them.  I’m caught off guard when this beautiful red-haired woman starts dancing behind me.

“That dress looks amazing on you!” She says, having to shout over the music.  She must not be Irish, because she has an American accent.

“T-thanks!” I can barely even say that one word.  We continue dancing, her more provocatively than me, but who am I to judge?

“You’re…that wrestler chick, right?!”  She asks, eyeing me up and down, knowing exactly who I am.  Oh good, another person who knows me.

I nod. “So I’ve been told!”

“Oh, right.  You have amnesia, right?!”  I’m not a big fan of all of her questions.  It might be the fact that I don’t really want to talk about the state of my life right now, or it might even be the excessive amounts of alcohol I have consumed so far, but I feel myself getting annoyed and refusing to answer her question.  “That guy keeps staring at you, you know that?!”

She points in O’Malley’s direction, and indeed, he’s focused right on me.  Melody is too and she waves to me.  I wave back, then turn and look at the strange woman dancing with me.

“Yeah!  He’s here with me!  We’re celebrating my win last night!” I make it a point to wave at O’Malley so I’m not completely ignoring him anyway.

“Is he your boyfriend?!” She asks, dancing closer to me.  I’m not sure how I would have taken this type of dancing before, but I have to admit this is sort of fun.

I laugh and shake my head. “What?!  No!  Well…I mean, I can’t remember.  People tell me he is, but I don’t remember anything about him!”

“Have you tried kissing him?!  Maybe…maybe that will trigger your memory!” That suggestion catches me off guard.  So much so, I stop dancing and just stare at her.  She does the same, with a devious smile on her face.

“Are…are you kidding?”  I feel my face blush red with embarrassment. “I..I can’t do that!  I mean, aside from the fact he creeps me out sometimes and I don’t WANT to kiss him, I…I don’t even remember what it’s like to kiss anyone…”

Her jaw drops, but she’s still smiling.  “Oh em gee!  You really should try kissing him!  I mean, I can’t see your memory staying gone after a kiss from that man!”  She looks in his direction and winks at him.  O’Malley is staring at us curiously, as is Melody.  “What if…what if I teach you?!”

I shake my head immediately at that thought. “What?!  No way!  I..I can’t do that!  I mean…I’m not attracted to women!  I don’t think…” I’m fairly certain I’m not.  Given everything I’ve learned about myself so far, being a lesbian was not one of those things.  

She giggles and takes my hands. “It has nothing to do with being a lesbian, sweetie.” She smiles again and I can see her look in O’Malley’s direction from the corner of her eyes. “It’s pretty much how most girls practice kissing when they’re younger.  Just let me show you!”  

Before I know it, she places both her hands on my face and brings her lips to mine, kissing me!  I’m so shocked by this, I don’t even struggle as she kisses me…and I suddenly feel myself kissing her back.  Is..is this what it feels like to kiss for the first time?  I don’t even know if people are staring at us, but I don’t care.  I let it happen and the kiss lingers.  At least until I’m pulled away from this young woman.

“Alright, love, I think it’s time we get ye back to the hotel.” O’Malley says and I can hear the shock and anger in his voice.  I’m still lost in the moment and unable to fight, but when I open my eyes and stare at the woman as O’Malley leads me away, I see her licking her lips and winking at me.  I can’t even speak a word and I hear Melody giggling and whistling as we leave the club for the night.

“Okay so, aside from waking up with the worst headache ever, I think last night was a major success!  I know I had a little too much to drink, and I sort of remember everything I did.  Even the bits that I don’t remember, O’Malley and Melody definitely made it a point to tell me what I did and ooooh boy…I wasn’t expecting that.  I won’t get into it too much, but needless to say, no more alcohol fueled nights for this amnesia patient!”

“I really needed that night out, though.  Ever since I’ve lost my memory, people have been treating me all weird.  They act like I’m broken or that I’m going to break or something and it’s really frustrating.  Not to mention, there really isn’t much that can be done to get my memory back at this point.  It’s just a waiting game and I’m not going to just sit around and feel sorry for myself and have no fun what-so-ever.  I’m not going whatever people think is best for me.  The doctors even told me to just get back to my normal routine as soon as possible.  Well, I hate to say it but if my normal routine was being a lame old hag, I want no part of it!”

“So I’m doing what *I* want to do and do you know what my next order of business is?  Well, aside from whooping Mercedes Vargas all over the ring and advancing to the Semi-Finals of this tournament, but I’ll address that later on.  By the way, hi Mercedes!  How is that arm, sweetie?!”

“Anyway, Dixie and O’Malley weren’t happy when I told them before we left for the airport this morning, but before my wild and crazy night out, I did something they weren’t expecting.  I figured out the details of our flight back to Las Vegas and I switched them.  Well, I switched my information anyway.  Guess where I’m going?!”

“Vancouver!!”  

“I know, you all are probably thinking, what the heck is in Vancouver.  But it’s not what is in Vancouver.  It’s who…This guy Drake Green.  Of course I can’t remember him, but I’ve talked to him a few times on Twitter, and he seems to have some very important information about how I know him.  Information that no one else seems to want to tell me, so I’m going to talk to him.”

“I know…I know…You all are probably saying, but a phone conversation will work just fine, right?  Well…true, it would, but…I think Dixie had a point when she didn’t tell me about my daughter.  What if just seeing someone, or something, triggers my memory to come back?  Shouldn’t I take that chance?  I don’t care what anyone says.  I’m going to Vancouver to meet up with Drake and get answers from him.  Maybe it’ll turn out to be a big disappointment.  Maybe it won’t.  All I know is that I have to give it a shot.  I have nothing left to lose at this point.”

“All I know is that I don’t want to go back to Las Vegas right now.  They can’t force me to go to those doctor appointments, because in the end, they’re useless.  The situation is what it is and I’m just going to keep doing what I’m doing.  So, I’m going to kill a few days in Vancouver before I head off to Cardiff for the next show and who knows…Maybe I’ll show up in Cardiff with my memory back!”

“And once I get to Cardiff, I’m going to spend as much time as I possibly can training and prepping for this next match.  I held my own against Mikah last week, but just barely and if the things I’m hearing about Mercedes are true…Well, I need to be more prepared!  I’m sure she knows me better than Mikah and I have to be as ready as I can.”

“I can’t let Andrew down!  I can’t let myself down!”

Scene 3
Wednesday February 4th
Vancouver, Canada
Reuniting With an Old…Friend?

I have been in Vancouver for less than twenty-four hours, and I must say, I’m getting by just fine.  Dixie and O’Malley gave me hell and both of them wanted to come with me to make sure I would be alright, but I flat out told both of them no.  O’Malley didn’t argue much after that, but Dixie did everything she could until I told her I’d have nothing to do with her anymore if she didn’t let me do this.  Needless to say, I won that battle and here I am in Vancouver.

I was a little nervous coming here by myself, but I just took a few breaths and figure things out.  After my flight landed and I got my luggage and made my way through the airport.  Once outside, I used the little trick I had picked up on while studying everyone the last few weeks and I hailed a taxi cab.  I’m learning quickly and trying to be as independent as I can.  Though at times, Dixie and even O’Malley make it difficult.  O’Malley is more understanding the majority of the time, but Dixie just treats me like a child.

The taxi driver was very nice and he helped me find the perfect hotel to stay at for a couple days.  In a way I wish Dixie and O’Malley were here just so I could throw my independence in their faces.  But they’re not and I’m a-okay with that, too!  

Once I checked into the hotel and got situated, I opened up the contacts in my phone, searching for the name I was looking for.  Well, the nickname I was looking for.  I wasn’t completely sure if it was the right one, but after I told Drake about certain nicknames in my contacts, only one stuck out as a possibility to him.  So I brought up the name Man Whore and proceeded to type up a text message.

“Drake?” I hit the send button and proceeded to wait for a response.  I knew Drake was busy working, doing whatever it is he does, so I figured I wouldn’t get a response for a while.  And I was write.  It wasn’t until this morning that I received a response.

“Hey!  Did you remember?!” I couldn’t help but smile and laugh at his response.  Unfortunately I hadn’t remember anything, yet…But a part of me was hoping that I would finally remember something when I met up with Drake.

“No, not yet.  I was just checking to see if this was your number or not.  I guess I can change your name back from Man Whore now that I know it is you.” I responded back.  I’m sure there was a reason that I had changed his name to that rather inappropriate nickname in my phone in the first, but I figured I would let him answer that question.

It wasn’t long after that when I received his next response.  Damn, he can text fast. “Haha, yeah.  I had a feeling that was probably me.  What’s up?”

“I was just letting you know I made it to Vancouver.  We can meet up anytime you’re free.  Hopefully before Friday though because I have to get to Cardiff.” I’m slowly getting the hang of this texting thing.  I’m not as fast as some people are, but I’ll get there soon enough I’m sure.  Just as I’m about to set my phone down, it alerts me of another message.

“What about tonight?  We could go grab a bite to eat and some drinks?”

I smile excitedly as I start typing my response. “Tonight would be great!  Where do you want to meet?  I can’t drive right now so I need to call a cab…”

“Where are you staying?  I could come get you?” He responds shortly after.  I can’t be sure but this is starting to feel more and more like a possible…date?  

“Umm..The Fairmont Pacific Rim?  Know where that is?” I really hope he does, because I am currently incapable of giving him directions.

“Yeah I know where it is.  Pick you up around 7?”

I take in a deep breath, taking my time in typing a response.  Should I be doing this?  So far from what I can tell, everyone is against me meeting up with him.  Maybe that is why I’m so determined to see him.  Because everyone tells me it’s best that I don’t?  I don’t know, but I finally respond back to him.

“Sounds great!  Just let me know when you’re here!” I say back.  He responds shortly after saying it’s a deal and I set my phone down and just…wait.  I just want to spend most of the day relaxing and wondering how tonight will go.  I try to find stuff to do pass the time, as impatient as I am.

Later that night…

I’ve just finished getting ready for dinner and I’m waiting for Drake.  It’s getting closer and closer to seven and I still haven’t heard from him.  I’m almost convinced he’s going to stand me up when my phone goes off across the room.  I rush over and pick it up, checking my text messages.

“Just pulled up.  Want me to come get you or do you want to meet me outside?” I let out a sigh of relief as I see that it’s Drake.  He isn’t standing me up after all.

“Oh good it’s you!  I thought you were standing me up!  I’ll be right down!” I text him back as quickly as I can and grab my purse and room key.  I rush out of the room and to the elevators, making my way downstairs.  It takes a few minutes, but once the elevator doors ding and open in the lobby, I rush out and towards the front doors.  Drake is standing outside his car waiting for me.  I don’t know why, but I smile when I see him standing there.

“Why did you think I was standing you up?” He asks as I approach him, taking note of the suit he is wearing.  He really is quite attractive, but I manage to shake my head and focus.  

“Because I hadn’t heard from you.” I admit with a frown.

He smiles and laughs. “I told you I’d be here at seven.  It’s seven now.” He opens the passenger side door for me and I smile again.  I don’t see what everyone’s problem with him is, but then again, I’m sure there is something I don’t know.  I study the car awkwardly.

“This is your car?  Interesting…”  I don’t know what kind of car it is, but for some reason it doesn’t really strike me as the type of car he would be driving.  Then again, I could be wrong.

“This thing?” He shakes his head and laughs. “God no.  It’s just a rental while I’m here in Vancouver filming.  I love cars and all, but nothing usually like this.”  I take my place in the passenger seat and before he closes the door he looks down at me. “Why’d you think it is interesting by the way?”

I shrug and think for a second before answering. “I don’t know.  It just didn’t seem your style for some reason.”

“You sure you don’t remember anything about me?” He says flashing a smile.  I roll my eyes and shake my head as he closes my door with a laugh.  He walks around the car and gets back into the driver’s seat.  Before he puts the car in drive, he looks over at me. “The only reason I asked that is because your intuition was pretty spot on.  Sounds to me like your memory might come back soon.”

I smile and shrug. “I’m not very hopeful, but we’ll see.” He puts the car in drive and speeds off a few seconds later.  I look at the places we pass along the way, wondering where we’re going. “So, where are you taking me?”

“You’ll see.” I’m thankful he pays attention to the road because he’s actually driving pretty fast, and I’d be nervous if he wasn’t. “It’s got a pretty good menu so I’m sure you’ll find something you like…if you can’t remember what you like.”

I shake my head. “Yeah, I really can’t.  Even when I was at home I just searched through my refrigerator for whatever looked good because I can’t remember what I like.  It’s not a big deal, though.  It’s sort of like trying things for the first time.”  He lets out a chuckle and I look over to him. “What is so funny and why are you grinning like that?”

He shakes his head. “No reason, really.”

I can tell he’s holding something back, but I don’t question him further.  I turn my attention back to the window, looking at the surroundings.  He’s just pulling into the parking lot and I look at the sign.  “Cardero’s?  You ever been here before?”

The parking lot is pretty full, but he manages to find a free parking spot, and pulls in.  He shakes his head as he puts the car in park. “No, not yet.  But I’ve heard great things about it.”

It looks promising enough so I can’t complain.  A few seconds later, Drake steps out of the car walking around to my side, opening the door for me again.  I follow beside him quietly as we head to the entrance, waiting for him as he checks into our reservation.  We don’t have to wait very long as we are led to our table in the back of the restaurant.  The hostess hands us our menus and tells us our waitress will be with us shortly.  

I sit back in my chair, looking around, not sure of how to start off our conversation, but Drake breaks the silence for me. “So, how did you manage to get away from your sister and that Irish pal of yours?”

I smile and let out a laugh, proud of myself for the answer to that question. “I just snooped my way through our flight reservations and contacted the airline to change my flight.  They weren’t happy that I came here by myself, but they couldn’t stop me.”

He chuckles. “Yeah, I’m sure they weren’t.  Especially the Irish guy.”

“You two don’t really like each other, do you?” I ask, staring at him.

He takes in a deep breath and shakes his head. “Not particularly, no. I’m pretty sure you weren’t too happy with me dating Trishelle, either.  You weren’t happy with me regardless, but that didn’t help the situation any.”

I frown and look away, trying to remember something, but of course I can’t.  “Can you tell me why?  I mean…I don’t remember, and no one else seems to want to tell me the story behind it.”

Drake takes in a deep breath and leans back in his chair.  Before he can answer, the waitress walks up, greeting us with a friendly smile. “Can I start you two off with something to drink?”

“I’ll just have an iced tea, please.  I had a bad experience with alcohol on Monday and I’d like to avoid that for as long as possible.”  The waitress laughs as she jots down my drink order and Drake looks at me curiously. “Don’t ask.” He laughs and the waitress turns to him.

“Just a diet coke for me.” He says.  She nods politely and heads off to get our drinks.  

“You were about to say?” I look at him, reminding him of my question.

He nods and lets out a sigh. “Honestly?  I screwed up and gave you every reason to hate me.”

“Let me guess, long story that I don’t want to know, right?” I ask, already knowing the answer to that question.  Everything lately is a long story.

“Probably, but once you get your memory back you’ll remember anyway.” He says just as the waitress returns with our drinks.  We haven’t even looked over the menu to order our food yet, so she walks away to give us more time.    

I take a sip of my iced tea and focus on him. “Yeah and if I remember, from what you say I’ll just go back to hating you.”

“More than likely.” He replies, taking a sip of his diet coke.  “It’s your decision how you want it to happen, though.  I can tell you now if you want, or you can wait until your memory comes back.  It won’t change anything though.  I’m with Trishelle and you’re with O’Malley.”

I fold my arms across my chest and think for a moment.  To be honest, I don’t even know what I want to know anymore. “I’m not with O’Malley.  Maybe I was before I lost my memory, but I don’t remember any of it.  I don’t think it even matters at this point.  My memory probably isn’t coming back anytime soon, if at all, and to be fair, whatever happened is in the past anyway.”  We both go quiet for several minutes, and I can’t really tell if it is an awkward silence or not.  I glance out the window and when I look back, he’s staring at me, a curious look on his face.

“What?” I ask, and he shakes his head.

“It’s probably just the amnesia, but you’re just different from last time I saw you.  Aside from the whole physical change, that is.” He says.

“Oh, right.” I say, being reminded of the fact I apparently had a makeover not too long ago. “I’ve seen videos and pictures of me from before.”

“I like it.” He says, causing me to smile.

“So do I honestly.” I reply and take another drink of my tea.  “So…about us.  We were apparently friends at one point, right?”  He nods, but he doesn’t say a word in response. “More than friends at one point?”

He nods again. “You could say that.”

I take in a deep breath and nod. “Did we…sleep together?”

He can’t help but let out a laugh as he runs his hand over his head. “I’m sorry.  This is just so weird for me right now.”

“I take that as a yes.” I take in a deep breath.  “So…you screwed up and gave me every reason to hate you.  What did you do?  Sleep with my best friend or something?”

My question catches his off guard, just as he is taking another drink of his diet coke.  He nearly chokes, and for some reason I laugh.

“I think your best friend probably would have been more acceptable…” I don’t know why, but I suddenly start to laugh.  Drake looks at me, confused, but I honestly can’t stop laughing. “You…think that is funny?”  He raises an eyebrow and stares at me.

I shake my head and try to speak clearly. “No…not really.” I manage to say, trying to catch my breath.  I’m laughing so hard my stomach hurts. “But you’re honestly the first person to tell me the truth without hesitating.”

He manages to smile, as awkward as it is, and I continue laughing.  Until it happens again.  A sharp pain shoots through my skull, stopping me instantly.  I close my eyes and bring my hands to my temples again as I get another vision.  My second one this week.

“Misty?” I can hear Drake’s voice, but much like the other day, I can’t speak. “Are you okay?”

This time I see a gorgeous mansion type house with mountains in the back, and Drake standing at the front door.  The scene disappears quickly and goes blank until I see myself.  I’m smiling and I speak the words ‘I love you…’ before everything goes dark once again.

“Misty…Misty snap out of it!” Drake is almost panicking, trying to get my attention.

“Mountains…” I hear myself speaking out loud before my eyes snap open.  Drake is staring at me, just as concerned as O’Malley had been.

“What?” He says.  “Did you—“ I cut him off before he can finish asking that question.

“I…I have to go.” I say, quickly standing up.  I suddenly don’t feel very well and I just want to get back to my hotel room. “I’m sorry…I can’t…”

I dart away from the table quickly just as the waitress returns to take our order.  Drake apologizes and leaves some money on the table, rushing away to chase after me, but I can’t even remember everything I just saw in my mind, and I’m not sure I even want to at this point.  

I’m just so…lost.

“So my trip to Vancouver didn’t go as well as I had hoped.  It wasn’t a total disaster, but it wasn’t Drake’s fault.  I had a bit of an…episode before we could even order our food and I rushed out as fast as I could.  I don’t know what is going on, but I hope it doesn’t happen again.  Maybe whenever Andrew and I have a week off I need to take Dixie’s advice and head back to Las Vegas to get this stuff figured out.”

“Anyway, I was surprised at how much Drake actually told me.  He actually talked to me and was honest with me, which is more than I can say about a lot of people.  I have a pretty good idea of what happened between him and I, but no specific details.  It’s probably for the best that I don’t know exactly what happened, though.”

“I could tell he was surprised about me having amnesia.  I’m sure before I even went to see him, he was probably one of the doubters thinking I’m faking or something, but I’m not.  Why the hell would I fake amnesia?  Is it even possible to fake complete amnesia like I have?  Was my life really that miserable that people need to think I’d make up a case of amnesia?  If that is the case, I’m glad I can’t remember anything.”

“I’m tired of people throwing out their theories and assumptions about my condition.  They’re not my doctors.  They’re not me.  So they can just shut the hell up and find something else to use against me, because from what I’ve been told and what I’ve been looking into, there is plenty people can use against me.  If they truly want to hurt me that is.”

“And I have a feeling Mercedes and JT will do just that.  I don’t have to worry about wrestling JT, because of the rules in SCW, but that doesn’t mean he won’t try and get into my head just because he can.  I’ve heard things about Mercedes, though, and I’ve looked into her past matches and stuff, so I’m more prepared than she probably thinks I am.”

“I have to admit though, I thought last week was going to be our toughest challenge in this tournament, facing Andrew’s own stablemate Mikah, and her mystery partner in Patient 026, a.k.a Adam Stone.  But, I think this week might be a little tougher.  And the only reason I say that is because these two apparently like to fight dirty and Mercedes has already proven she’s not past faking an injury to win.  It’s sad really.”

“Anyway, I guess it’s time to get back to work, though.  Time to get my butt to Cardiff and join up with O’Malley and Dixie, no doubt listening to their lecturing and blah blah blah.  I just hope I can meet up with Melody as soon as possible and train with her as long as I can.  It’ll save me from the drama around my sister and O’Malley, but it’ll also get me prepared for this match.”

“I have to be prepared!”

“JT…Mercedes…you two better BELIEVE I will be prepared!  You could put me in the ring against one of my best friends, and I’d give it my all.  But…that is something you wouldn’t know about, right JT?  I’m all for fun and games, but not when you’re supposed to be doing your JOB.  Doing what you’re PAID to be doing, right?”

“I may not remember signing up for the tournament, but I’m sure I was well aware of the risks that came with it.  We could be paired with enemies and/or booked against our friends.  It’s all part of a random draw.  Would I have liked having to go against Melody or Roxi in this tournament?  Absolutely not, but a little friendly competition doesn’t hurt anyone.  I’ve been sparring in the ring with both of them anyway, so I wouldn’t just refuse to fight them for real in the ring.  That would just be cowardly and stupid.”

“You and Caleb are the tag team champions.  You’re supposed to be part of the few that people look up to because you hold those belts, but if you ask me, doing what you did the first week was far from a role model type move.  Don’t like what I have to say?  Not my problem I guess.  I’m just calling it as I see it, so if you get all hurt and offended…well, that’s on you.”

“I’m sure you’re pretty confident going against Andrew this week, but all I have to say to that is…Seriously?  I don’t know Andrew that well, but…He’s a BEAST and he can wrestle.  I know I’m well on my way to the finals of this tournament simply because I have HIM as my partner.  I don’t need to do what your partner did and fake an injury just to advance to the next round.  Seems like she didn’t have faith in you as a partner, huh?  Then again…I can’t say I would either if I had been paired with and had to do all the work that first round because you refused to.”

“But…I guess I could be wrong.  I doubt I am, but, we’ll see how it goes on Sunday won’t we?”

“On to Mercedes though…Mercedes, Mercedes, Mercedes…What the hell kind of name is that, anyway?  You’re named after a car, which is SUPPOSED to be high end and classy, but have I seen anything at all classy about you?  I don’t know about before I lost my memory, but since…Nope.  Can’t say that I have.”

“How’s the arm, chickadee?  Have you been icing it really good?  Have you been seeing your doctor, making sure it’s okay for you to wrestle?  My guess is probably not because you’re a big fat LIAR!  Seriously, what type of woman has to fake an injury just to advance in the tournament?”

“A scared one, perhaps?  An insecure pathetic excuse for a woman, and that is what you are.  I’ve gone through and done my research on you, sweetie, and let me tell you…You’re just…sad.”

“You’ve made it a point, for quite some time, to say mean and hurtful things against me, pretending to be nice.  You made it a point, several times, to bring up my age and use it against me, but…correct me if I’m wrong.  Aren’t you just a year younger than me?  Your age arguments and insults are pretty damn invalid, when you’re no spring chicken yourself.  I find it funny that you try and present yourself as such, but all you are is an hypocritical fake HAG that’s on her way to getting beat by someone who can’t remember how to wrestle!”

“Oh, yeah, and if you even THINK of using that against me, I’d really think again.  Going against you, I really wish I had my memory back, because I would have a better chance at kicking your butt with all the moves I’m still learning how to perfect again.”

“I’m going to prove all the doubters wrong on Sunday.  I’m going to shut them up and show them once and for all that this amnesia is not some act.  Why the hell would I embarrass myself and pretend that I don’t know how to wrestle, especially against some frigid witch like you?  Huh?  Why would I do that?”

“I’m really going to enjoy this, Mercedes.  I thought it was amazing beating Mikah last week, but you…Oh man, I want to embarrass you so bad, and I’ll do just that.  And don’t even think I’ll let you try and pull what you did when you and JT were up against Roxi and Caleb.  I’ll be watching you like a hawk and I’ll stop you any way that I can.  I’ve got Andrew’s back, and you’d be pretty damn stupid to try that again.  But…go ahead.  I DARE YOU, Mercedes.”

“I’m not afraid of you and I’m not afraid of JT either.  I’m meant to win this tournament this year, Mercedes.  It will be my saving grace.  It will prove that even with all the bad in my life right now, I can overcome anything and prove that I can get through it!  Even if my memory doesn’t come back, I WILL do this.”

“I am at an undeniable disadvantage, but I will prevail.  Andrew and I WILL beat you and JT and advance through this tournament.  We’re going to win it all and there isn’t a single thing you can do about it!  I’m a woman on a mission”

“And you, Mercedes…you’re just my next obstacle!”

“Bring me all ya got, lady!  I’m ready to fight!!!”

“See you Sunday, Mercedes!!!”
>