Author Topic: The not so happy ending.  (Read 1563 times)

Offline Melody Grace

• RAINBOWS!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Melody Grace
The not so happy ending.
« on: January 16, 2015, 01:23:33 AM »

Judge: So let me get this straight you two are here today to annul your marriage?

We open up inside a standard court room in Vegas. The Judge sits high and mighty up in her seat while she looks down at James Huntington Hawkes III who is standing at one table nodding his head up and down while Melody Grace is seen standing at the other table. Looking over at James, Melody just nods her head in agreement.

<FONT COLOR=81D8D0>J2H: </FONT> Yes.

Letting his voice be heard James looks up at the Judge and smiles before fixing the collar on his white shirt that is underneath his jet black suit. The top bottom of his white shirt is opening showing off the top of his chest, while a pair of sunglasses sits up perched on the top of his head. James turns to Melody who is just looking at him nodding, James nods at Melody and she quickly turns to look at the Judge with a smirk.

Melody:  Uh huh, yeah sure.

Melody turns back to James who gives her a wink, as if he is pleased with her answer. As James and Melody turn away from each other they look up at the Judge who is just staring at them over her glasses.

Judge: May I ask why?

Melody raises her hand as if she knows the answer, the female Judge nods at Melody and the bubbly blonde replies.

Melody:  Because he wants us too.

A look of disgust crosses the Judge’s face as she looks down at Melody who is brightly dressed in a sun yellow dress with a nice over coat. The sunlight gleams into the room bouncing off her hair highlighting her innocence.

Judge: Do you always do what he tells you to do?

Melody held back a laugh as she looked at the Judge and then smiles as she turns her attention back to her Husband who is waiting on her answer with a smug look on his face as if he was about to hear her admit that she was under his thumb.

Melody:  He said I would get a Lamborghini if I agreed to this.

Boom Melody smirked at James who had a massive smile on his face, but his smile quickly changed to a look of disgust as he replayed what Melody had just said.

<FONT COLOR=81D8D0>J2H: </FONT> I never said that, she’s lying.

James turns back to the Judge his arms flying up in the air while he speaks as the Judge just continues to look down her nose at the two.

Judge: Enough... now tell me why you want this marriage annulled?

Growing tired of Melody and James’ behaviour already the Judge looks down at the both waiting for an answer. Melody goes to speak but James cuts her right off his voice over dominating hers.

<FONT COLOR=81D8D0>J2H: </FONT> Because we got married when we were both hammered and we don’t want to be married anymore.

Looking at the Judge with a smug look on his face as if to say “why else” James shrugs his shoulders as Melody just looks down at her left hand examining her nails.  

Judge: So you wanted to but now since you’re both sober and you don’t want this marriage?

Melody fakes a yawn as she looks at James who is motioning for her to reply to the Judge.

Melody:  No, yes... I dunno can you re-ask the question it was kinda confusing?

Turning back to look up at the Judge Melody just smiles brightly while the Judge shakes her head from side to side unamused by her lack of concentration. James clears his throat stealing Melody’s attention as he takes over the situation making sure that he gets what he wants.

<FONT COLOR=81D8D0>J2H: </FONT> We both want out of this marriage, we never wanted it and it was a drunken mistake. A terrible mistake.

Melody bites back at James taking what he had just said as a direct shot to her.

Melody:  You’re face is a mistake.

Screwing her nose up at him she pokes her tongue out.

<FONT COLOR=81D8D0>J2H: </FONT> Grow up.

Melody fixes up her coat and turns back to the Judge and mouths “Can you believe this guy?” The Judge doesn’t look amused as she starts to drum her nails on the wooden desk in front of her.

Judge: Silence you two, now is this what you want Melody?

The Judge looks directly down at the young blonde who takes a quick breath in before responding.

Melody:  I’ll do whatever he wants me to do because I want my Lamborghini.

James turns to Melody and says through gritted teeth.

<FONT COLOR=81D8D0>J2H: </FONT> I’m not getting you a Lamborghini...

Melody just keeps her bright smile on her face as she looks down at the watch on her left wrist.

Melody:  Well, my, my look at the time... I’ve gotta go... you know I’m super busy maybe we can fix this up another time?

The young blonde goes to walk around the table and looks towards the door but James’ voice brings her back.

<FONT COLOR=81D8D0>J2H: </FONT> THAT’S BLACKMAIL; you can’t blackmail me in front of a judge Melody. You can’t be that stupid?

James expects Melody to turn back and walk to behind her desk but Melody does the opposite and takes a step towards the door. James’ eyes narrowing as she does so, if looks could kill.

Melody:  Do you want to test me James?

Turning back to look at him Melody mocks another step towards the door and James reaches out with his right hand waving it.

<FONT COLOR=81D8D0>J2H: </FONT> Okay, okay, okay... FINE, what colour?

Turning back on her pin point heels Melody steps behind her desk once more and smiles at her husband as if she had just won lotto.

Melody:  Pin....

Just as she was going to say what colour she wanted the two are stopped as the Judge raises her voice, over ruling them.

Judge: ENOUGH! That’s it you two I will NOT be granting an annulment to the two of you. You think you’re the only loved up, cashed up; drunken twenty year olds I see do this? The law isn’t here to entertain drunken decisions. You have no grounds for an annulment either of you.

Just as she goes to continue James cuts her off.

<FONT COLOR=81D8D0>J2H: </FONT> She’s my umm Aunty?

James looks at Melody and then to the Judge who doesn’t look amused as she takes her reading glasses down away from her face looking at him like a light about to engulf a moth.

Judge: Mr Huntington Hawkes don’t take me for a fool.

James turns back to Melody, before raising his voice making sure he has her attention before saying the next thing he has in mind.

<FONT COLOR=81D8D0>J2H: </FONT> She’s insane?

Melody’s smile drops to one of sadness as she bright her hands up to wrap them around her getting uncomfortable about being in this situation.

Melody:  I am not!

Just as James was about to reply the Judge slammed her hands on the table stealing their attentions.

Judge: ENOUGH!

Melody puts her hands up in front of herself as if to agree with the Judge while James stews over his next move.

<FONT COLOR=81D8D0>J2H: </FONT> Can we file for divorce then?

Melody:  No... No... No!!!

She was throwing her hand around while looking at her Husband, James turned to look at his wife a look of arrogance across his face.

<FONT COLOR=81D8D0>J2H: </FONT> What now?

The young blonde’s hazel eyes began to water as she looked at him.

Melody:  I don’t want to be twenty and divorced you said we would get an annulment and forget that I ever existed and go back to being normal... you promised me I wouldn’t have divorce on my record, you have ruined me for every other male out there.

She was going to cry and he didn’t seem to care as James just bit back.

<FONT COLOR=81D8D0>J2H: </FONT> I’m sure one of your twitter fan boys will pick you up. So how about it Melody, do you wanna divorce me?

James smiled at her smugly as he worded the “you wanna divorce me?” as if he was asking her to marry him all over again.  Melody didn’t reply which the Judge was evaluating.  

Judge: Mrs Huntington Hawkes... are you saying that you don’t want to divorce your husband?

Melody looked back and forth from the Judge and to James her whole world was torn but she couldn’t let him down. Looking back at the Judge Melody just looked defeated.

Melody:  Fine, fine, fiiiine I’ll divorce him... but I better be getting a Lamborghini AND a trip to Hawaii out of this.

James was about to lose his marbles again but the Judge cut him off.

Judge: I’m sure we can arrange some sort of agreement for everyone to get what they want.

Instead of arguing James had a look of content across his face he wanted to do anything to get rid of Melody.

<FONT COLOR=81D8D0>J2H: </FONT> Thank God! Now where are the papers I need to sign?

James didn’t wait for them to give him a pen in fact he pulled his own pen out of his jacket pocket waiting eagerly for the papers to be presented to him.

Judge: Well you see Mr Huntington Hawkes it’s not that simple, I mean what grounds are you stating your divorce on?

The Judge was drawing this out it was almost on purpose as James just looked up at her and shook his head.

<FONT COLOR=81D8D0>J2H: </FONT> What does it matter? Just pick one.

Melody looked at the pleased look on her husband’s face which brought a flicker of anger to her eyes.

Melody:  Is he is a dirty liar on the list to pick from?

James just rolled his eyes dramatically as he looked at Melody.

<FONT COLOR=81D8D0>J2H: </FONT> Is I have an annoying wife on the list? I’d like to pick that one.

Melody just smiled as she looked at him, before playfully but sarcastically speaking.  

Melody:  Yeah well, is the option he is a loser Husband who can’t even be bother to say anything nice on the list, because let’s highlight that one as well?

James screwed up his nose.

<FONT COLOR=81D8D0>J2H: </FONT> I’m not a loser.

His hand flew out to his side as if he was showing off his winning body / personality.

Melody:  Pretty sure you are.

Melody turned away from James and looked at the Judge who was watching them go back and forth in her court room.

<FONT COLOR=81D8D0>J2H: </FONT> Here’s one... how about it’s because we are completely incompatible. She hugs the homeless, I kick them. You know all that type of stuff?

The Judge looked down at James with a concerned look on her face.

Judge: Mr Huntington Hawkes did you just admit to kicking a homeless person?

Looking up at the Judge nervously the rich brat started to back pedal.

<FONT COLOR=81D8D0>J2H: </FONT> It was an expression... I don’t really go around kicking people.

Looking away from them both James wipes his brow as if to flick sweat off of it as he just dodged a bullet.

Melody:  He just goes around and tells sweet little girls that he likes them and that he wants to marry them.

Melody now looks away from James and the Judge her eyes staring at the cold hard floor.

Judge: STOP IT both of you... I will let you file for divorce on the grounds of incompatibility

A loud clap is heard as James slaps his hands together before jumping up in the air excited.

<FONT COLOR=81D8D0>J2H: </FONT> Thank you!!!

Turning to look at Melody, James couldn’t help but notice that she looked as if she had just been run over by a bus.

Melody:  Oh yay!

Looking up at the Judge Melody waited for her instructions, as she knew the Judge was going to inform them on what they needed to do.

Judge: On the condition that you see out a sixty day cooling off period that begins tomorrow first. In this time frame you must stay with each other six days a week. During those six days you must travel and stay with each other.

The Judge looked down at them both a smug smile on her confident face as she hands down her rulings. While James turns away from looking at Melody up to the Judge with a complete look of anger across his face.

<FONT COLOR=81D8D0>J2H: </FONT> What the fuck?

Melody lets out a sigh before letting her voice be heard.

Melody:  NOOOOOOO, HE SNORES!!!

The Judge ignores them both as she carries on with her findings.

Judge: To prove you’re incompatible you must at least spend time together first.

James looks at her in disbelief and quickly pats down his pockets looking for his wallet.

<FONT COLOR=81D8D0>J2H: </FONT> Are you the type of Judge that takes bribes? I mean everyone likes money right?

James finds his wallet and pulls it out into plan view opening it up he shows the Judge his money that is basically spilling out of his wallet.

Judge: I’m going to choose to ignore that. I will have the court draw up your conditions and a copy will be sent to your employers who will act as witnesses to your divorce after the sixty days you can file for a divorce, given you still feel this way about each other. Divorce papers will be drawn up and sent to you on day fifty-five.

Melody looked up at the Judge her eyes watering.

Melody:  This isn’t fair.

Pointing at her with his thumb James nodded in agreement.

<FONT COLOR=81D8D0>J2H: </FONT> What she said.

The Judge just shakes her head from side to side before standing up in her spot.

Judge: That’s my final decision.

Without any further words the Judge leaves the room, leaving James and Melody alone with two security guards. Melody and James both look at each other so many emotions gripping them it’s hard just to focus on one. Shaking her head from side to side Melody fights back tears while James takes a step up towards her, his hands shaking in rage.

<FONT COLOR=81D8D0>J2H: </FONT> This is your fault, you did this.

Pointing at her he didn’t care if this was or wasn’t her fault he was just going to blame her. Melody just looked at him, before blinking rapidly to stop the tears from flowing.

Melody:  Shut up!!

Taking a step towards him Melody did a sharp turn and headed towards the door.

<FONT COLOR=81D8D0>J2H: </FONT> Where the hell are you going?

Without even looking back Melody just replied.

Melody:  Out!

With that said and done she exited the court room and headed out for a night on the town to get away from this mess.

TBC
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 02:50:00 AM by Melody Grace »
>