Author Topic: Asterisk the Twelfth: Serenity Now, Insanity Later  (Read 352 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Asterisk the Twelfth: Serenity Now, Insanity Later
« on: December 12, 2014, 11:57:50 PM »

SIX BOMBSHELL TAG TEAM MATCH
MELODY GRACE, ROXI JOHNSON and MISTY
vs
MERCEDES VARGAS, MIKAH and DESIREE DRAKE

S|C|E|N|E| 001
[U N C H A I N E D | M E L O D Y]

[REC•]

Mercedes waves at us as the scene fades in on her standing before a building.

“When I joined the Mean Girls, I would never hear the end of it. They told me, “Oh, you had a promising career, and now you threw it all away. You sold your soul to the devil.' Well, if the devil wears Prada, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, LV, Chanel, I'm almost sure Delia would rock it. And then they say, um, I'll never win another championship as long as I'm with the Mean Girls, but what happens? I'm in my third reign as Bombshell Roulette Champion, a title I never wanted in the first place, a tournament that I felt I was too good enough to participate in to even get a title shot, a championship I simply grew out of. I can't help it if my defenses so far have been nothing to write home about, but I'm pretty sure after Climax Control 100, I'll have to make an exception.

“Zuri and Traci never deserved a shot at me at Climax Control 100. Zuri had her shot already and she blew it, and the fact that I not just made her tap, but beat her for the second time in three weeks probably will rock her to her core. And with Traci, well, that's really a head scratcher. I mean, she was practically handed a title shot out of the blue – matter of fact, that seems to be a common theme in all of my title matches – but nobody says anything. Who has she beaten? And when I say that, I mean was she even in a contender's match, at all. I can name more deserving people on one hand who are superiority talented and stand a much better challenge. All in all, I'm making a list and checking it twice, I'm going to find out...”

Mercedes spaces out before she shakes herself out of reverie.

“Anywaaaay...Melody Grace. This girl is easily one of the most complicated talkers in the history of professional wrestling. Her promo style is so off the wall and onorthodox. She's too cool for school. Don't get me wrong, Mel, anyone who is able to beat Orchid, a former Roulette aned Tag Team Champion like Necra Octavian Kane, and the Asar siblings is someone who should be taken seriously. Not to mention, but I'll mention, that you could very well have a bright future in SCW. But this weekend, the future is who you'll looking at across from the ring, my tag team partners Desiree Drake and Mikah Stephens."

She laughs.

“I'm not sure what to make about you because there isn't much there, but I won't sell you short, sweetheart. You seem like you know what you're doing in between the ropes, but, honestly, I can't say I'm too intimidated. Not a lot of people know this, unless, of course, you've followed my career, but I'm a five-time tag team champion, alright? I carried Traci Patterson to tag team gold twice in this company, and I've teamed with people that I never particularly liked more times than I really care to admit in SCW. So, just because I'm not teaming with Delia and Veronica doesn't mean I'm going to be lost in the crowd with these new girls. And judging from what I saw from Mikah and Desiree, I think we're going to get along just fine. We may not even have to like each other, but we're going to get along just fine. And we're going to give you, Roxi, and Misty a fight. And we're going to win, because that's what I do. And because Mikah would love to continue her unbeaten streak and Desiree deserves better than Orchid. When you add it all up, it means that we're going to “Katrina” any minuscule chance of you beating us this weekend.”

“But you don't have to take my word for it. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.”

~ ~ ~

S|C|E|N|E| 002
[B E C A U S E | R E A S O N S]

[REC•]

“Anything to drum up a good match, leave it to SCW to make it interesting. They say this team is supposed to be a new force in the Bombshells Division. You know, it's funny I've heard that term thrown around before. “A new force.” The New Xtremes. They were a new force, what, a year or two ago, but what happened to them? All we get now is part-time reunions, at least from the guys who made up that stable. Team Erik. Possibly the closest thing to a dominant stable that SCW has ever seen. Unfortunately, like NXT, they broke up. Everyone had their own agendas, and they were never heard from again.

“You know who else was a new force in SCW? The Saviors. You remember them, don't you? I'll forgive you if you haven't. These three guys pulls off random attacks and said they were the next big thing in SCW. They didn't even last a good two months before they disappeared and was never heard from again. And then there was the Sisters of Light, Necra's first attempt at a stable. Can't say I was surprised it never took off. I mean, when you have people like Amy Marshall and Roxanne for partners, well, you just knew this stable was heading for trouble.

“Just so happens that another new force swept through SCW like a rushing wind. They came, they saw, they conquered. They took down everyone and anyone that stood in their way. Practically no one wanted to have anything to do with them. And those that did were quickly disposed of. You know who that new force was? The Mean Girls.

“And on that night, three months ago in a cold, humid night in Yuma, Arizona, the weather wasn't the only thing that was hot that night. By the end of Violenct Conduct II, the Mean Girls held every female championship that SCW had to offer. And we were the challengers. In one fell swoop, in one clean sweep, we had arrived. We already knew SCW was ours for the taking, and we didn't care for the titles. Our opponents just made it all too easy. Like taking candy from a baby. Yes, it was that easy. And for ten consecutive weeks, Delia, myself, and Veronica turnd away challenger after challenger. Oh, sure, the tag titles got away from us eventually, but I have a feeling we'll be getting them back soon, no matter who walks out of the first supershow of 2015 with them.

As for Delia, surprise, surprise. She has another title defense, and it's against Necra. Do I think it's fair that she is handed a title that she didn't deserve? No, but I'm actually pulling for Necra, considering that  she's hit a downward spiral. Hopefully she doesn't flatlines like what she's been doing lately, but chances are, she just might. If you saw what happened last week, you have a pretty good idea what I'm talking about. You know, losing to Roxi Johnson?"

Mercedes shakes her head. And here she was thinking Necra was going to turn the corner, but the loss last week had to be soul crushing for the former Bombshell Roulette and Tag Team Champion. For someone claiming to be one of the elite Bombshells in the company, this loss was bad, and she should feel bad. No respectable Bombshell should ever do that, regardless of her accomplishments.

“To anyone else, I guess it would be something to be proud of, but then, who hasn’t beaten Necra? Some people say it was a huge upset. I say it was somewhat expected. Either way, Roxi, great job. You did it. You defeated someone who was looking hapless, hopeless and helpless in recents months and has never recovered. How bad is it? Oh, it's real bad. It gotten so bad that Necra has now lost six straight matches and hasn't won a match since she beat Emma Rose for the Bombshell Roulette Championship to begin her third reign. Into the Void III was four months ago, alright? Unreal. Seeing as you did beat her in a number one contender's match, I'm really hoping Roxi – Delia III is better than the sequel and maybe the original. It's too bad that match isn't happening this weekend, you know?

“This has been a banner year for me and the Mean Girls. The second half of the year has ben all about us. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the new people coming in at a clip, but we've been the most dominant stable in a long time and you only need to look at what we've done to prove that. We coaxed Misty out of retirement – whether she wants to believe it or not – we became the first stable to win every female championship that SCW had to offer. We held those belts for an unprecedented ten weeks. We also added some hardware at the SCW Awards. Veronica, 2014 Most Improved. Delia, Future SCW Star. And Feud of the Year. You can't top that, I don't care who you are.

“All that aside, Roxi, if you thought what we've done this year was something, we're just getting started. There's no doubt in my mind that when 2015 comes around, the Mean Girls are going to take over during the World Tour. New Year's resolutions, who needs them? If we want something, we don't write a list and forget about it six weeks later. No, we just get it done. Who else in the Bombshells Division can pose a challenge? That was a rhetorical question, the answer which is nobody. And whether I'm teaming with the Mean Girls or not, that isn't going to change, Pollyanna.

“This weekend, though, you and Misty get a little break, because I have a feeling that Mikah and Desiree still have plenty to prove, arguments to make, and eyes to open. And if you're not a believer yet, don't worry.

“After all, seeing is believing.

“And we'll make a believer out of you just yet.”

~ ~ ~

S|C|E|N|E| 003
[A R R I V A L S | A N D | D E P A R T U R E S, P A R T III]

As our scene fades in, we find Mercedes walking alongside Roosevelt Avenue in the Jackson Heights section of Queens, New York. Like most of the state, it was a cold grey afternoon with cloudy skies and snow which seem to go on for miles. She spots a food cart and walks over, finding it unattended at the moment. She tries to keep warm in her white overcoat. Her long, dishelved hair is under a New York Giants baseball cap. Waiting, she had time to take out her cellphone, and begins texting away.

Me:
I can't even begin to figure out what Amy and Jessie cooked up two weeks ago.
What the hell was that?

A few minutes go by before she is replied to.

Veronica:
Two ratchets who are clearly jealous of the Mean Girls.
Imitation, they say, is the sincerest form of flattery.

Me:
If that was flattery, then I give Amy and Jessie credit.
It was so funny I forgot to laugh.

Veronica:
Like their two runs with the Bombshell Tag Titles?

Me:
That's, like, not even up for debate.
Guess people will do just about anything these days to get noticed.

Veronica:
Like trying to intimidate us with midgits?

Me:
Thanks for bringing back that repressed memory.
Looks like I'll be staying up tonight.

Veronica:
Sorry.

Me:
No. It's fine.
What was Amy and Jessie thinking?
That performance was bad and they should feel bad.

Veronica:
They should. And so should we.
We had to dress up as the Daughters of Darkness for Halloween!

Me:
I wouldn't say that.
We dressed up to prove a point.
Jessie and Amy dressed up as us just go get a few laughs.
Too bad that bombed.

Veronica:
If they're going to impersonate us at least get it right!
WE DON'T EVEN SOUND LIKE THAT! *angry face*

Me:
So how's that concussion coming along?
You sure you'll be alright that you're off the card?

Veronica:
I'll be fine. Don't worry about me.
You should be worried about your match this weekend,
on the next Climax Control.

Me:
Me? Worried?
About Rainbow Bright, Roxi, and Penny Dreadful? Please.
Me, Desiree, and Mikah got this in the bag.

Veronica:
Make that Penny Dreadful no more.
Misty looks, well, a thousand times better now.
Did you see her tweets?

Me:
Oh yeah. I've noticed. I think it's a good look for her.
Still doesn't mean she's going to win, though.
Chalk up another win for the Mean Girls. #MercyFacts

Veronica:
Never let it be said that you aren't determined.

Me:
Well, what can I say? I'm a half glass full kind of person.

Veronica:
Delia going through with her title match with Necra.
Is that a good idea? I mean, we all know what she's like,
especially after what we did last week to her servant girl.

Me:
Oh, Necra is pissed, that doesn't surprise me.
Serves her right after what she did to Delia the week before.
And Cryptkeeper proves once again that she is a sore loser.
Just like the rest of her followers.

Veronica:
It's a shame. But Delia...

Me:
Don't even finish that thought, Vero.
Whatever choice she makes, I'm sure it will be the right one.
Anyway, I’m suppose to meet her sometime today. Talk to you tomorrow?

Veronica:
Yeah. Later.

~ ~ ~

S|C|E|N|E| 004
[S E R E N I T Y | N O W • I N S A N I T Y | L A T E R]

[REC•]

\'user

“They say everything happens for a reason, and I'm really starting to believe that. When I look back at the many girls who came through the doors of SCW and yet I still find myself in this company, 18 months and counting, that happened for a reason - I'm not a quitter. And the last time I checked on WebMD, signing a contract with another company isn't a symptom of a concussion. When I accomplished everything that there was to do in my career, that too happened for a reason - I'm driven. All the championships and accolades, happened for a reason. I trained my ass off, got better in the ring, and earned every one. And when your last outing against Delia ended up as a disappointment, that also happened for a reason - she had a killer instinct you lacked.

"Did you even care about Vixen losing the title, at all? Did you even think about being there in her time of need? No, I don't think you did, Misty. I don't think it ever crossed your mind. You want to know why? Because you're selfish. Misty did not go gently into that good night. In the heat of the moment, all you cared about was getting your revenge on Delia. Oh sure, you gave her quite a beating, but guess who had the last laugh a month later? Yeah, that's right. the Mean Girls."

“It's kind of fitting how that match ended, Misty. You didn't get pinned, you didn't submit. You simply passed out. Most people would argue that it's much worse to tap out than it is to be knocked out. You're not judged if you lose unconsciousness from blunt forced trauma, but tapping out means you made the conscious decision in giving up, and no one wants to live with that. No one likes a quitter. It was humiliating, your loss against Delia. I bet it was more humiliating when you woke up from your nap and saw her still wearing the Bombshell Championship. So what's the moral of this story? Sometimes, it doesn't pay to act like Wonder Woman, especially if you fail hard at it."

Mercedes gives a matter-of-fact glance, which follows a condescending shrug.

“But like the stubborn person you are, you just won't learn. After the three months of hell you've been put through, you still think you can fight against the machine and win? Misty, there's a small part of me that respects you for all you've done in SCW. But like I've said before and I'll say again, you've been fighting a losing battle. It doesn't matter who your new friends are. It doesn't matter if you're torn between walking away or not. This battle was over. It was over at Violent Conduct II when Vixen tried her damndest to hold on to the last thread of hope this division had. And Vixen, just like Roxi and Necra and Jessie and Amy and, well, you, failed. So it's surprising to me, then, that you've still around even after all of that.”

“Change is never easy, and it's never a good idea to give in to peer pressure. But let's face it, Roxi and Melody need you more than you need them. Ever the kind-hearted souls that they are, they just don't know any better, and I've learned to accept that. For one, Roxi isn't going to let this go. She continues to hold out hope that the Mean Girls slip up again.”

Mercedes paused, then added.

“Hopefully, she's not holding her breath.”

“Even if she had to save this division on her own, nothing she does is going to make a dent on our hold on this division and show why we are the elite of this company. Delia has beaten Roxi twice already, and will again, I've defeated any and all comers for my title, and Veronica - despite the fact she was saddled with that ungrateful bitch Joanne Canelli because of the actions of another ungrateful bitch who left her in the middle of a title reign - was the tag team champions.”

“I’ll be honest, Misty, when I heard we were scheduled against each other, the first thing I thought was ‘not this again'. And this is no disrespect to our respective partners, but when you called me out on Twitter, I thought this match was going to be, you know, just between us. Me and you, you and me, one-on-one. I've been here for a year and a half now and I have yet to face you in a singles match, as hard as that is to believe. And I guess the rumors are true that you have wanted to face me for some time, Misty, but the truth is you already have, twice. You remember, don't you? Last Halloween, Climax Control 64? Me and Gothika, the singles champions, beat you and Vixen, the tag team champions? Or what about the time when me, Delia and Veronica beat you, Roxi, and Amy three months ago at Climax Control 93? Oh sure, none of us have a pinfall over the other, and I guess that might be the case again this time.

“It's great that you have confidence in yourself, but aren't you afraid you're underestimating us just a little bit? Just like you underestimated Delia before your title match at High Stakes and just like you underestimated the Mean Girls when you predicted that every title would change hands at that supershow? Maybe instead of asking me if my partners can be trusted, I think the better question is can your partners avoid letting you down. And if Roxi and Melody were real friends, they would help you with your serious gambling problem, because it's clearly affecting your way of thinking.

“Now, I'm not saying you're irrelevant or past your prime, but let's face it, you're not here because of Roxi and Melody, you're not here because of the fans, you're here because of pride. You're afraid of what may happen to you when you finally do walk away. That you'll be forgotten. Never mind that you already have a very fragile ego and the Mean Girls have crushed it into a million itsy bitsy little pieces.

“So am I'm going to lose sleep at night because of the all-new, all-different Misty Waters? No, I don't think I will, but something tells me you're going to be the one up at night tossing and turning and having second thoughts, if you're not already, about keeping this up. The longer you keep this up, the longer you're making this hard on yourself.

“Brand new you, same old Misty.

“I'm ready for your best, you're hoping for my worst."
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 12:18:49 AM by Mercedes Vargas »

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)