Author Topic: Alumni Battle Royal  (Read 330 times)

Offline Max Burke

• GRIME World Nightmare Champion
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
Alumni Battle Royal
« on: November 28, 2014, 08:57:59 PM »
 Friday, November 28th. Max Burke’s hotel room. We find Max sitting on the couch. Sitting next to him is a young man with some Burke characteristics. He has a thin beard, and short brown hair. He has that familiar Burke set of eyes that cut through you.

Max: Tommy. See there?

There it is folks. Confirmation. This is Max Burke’s younger sibling of 2 years, Tommy. He leans ahead to get a closer look at the screen of his laptop. On the screen is a recent match of Tommy’s. The action is fast and furious, with a quick exchange of chain wrestling followed by a dropkick from Tommy.

Tommy: What?

Max: What? You’re rushing. That dropkick was sloppy as shit man.

Tommy huffs at Max under his breath.

Tommy: Hell no, it was not. It was on the damn button.

The signature arrogant smirk flashes on Pro Wrestling’s Pedigree’s face. He shakes his head quickly.

Max: Nope. You grazed him at best. Watch your pacing. Slow down a tad, and it’ll be perfect every single time. You have no excuse not to make that every damn time. You wanted my help. Friggin’ listen already.

Tommy gives his big brother a playful shove.

Tommy: Whatever. Sorry. Just frustrated. You know the pressure.

Max: Yeah, kid. I know. Pops, and the rest of ‘em don’t mess around. You, and I are the new breed of the bloodline. It’s time for you to step up. I’ve got you in the door. Now, it’s time to carry on with what I started.

Tommy: Thanks, by the way. I’m glad you got that call from Dixon. You sure about this color gig?

Max: Yeah. It’s time. Docs say it’s cool to do the one off for SCW at 100, but they don’t want me back on the road fulltime with the neck. Hopefully, it’ll keep the ol’ knife a few years away. I’m magic on that mic. Kenny needs me. Every good play by play guy needs a thorn in his side.

Tommy: Born to do that job. I’m looking forward to that.

Max: Ditto. We’ll give’r one last hurrah in Sin City Wrestling. Lace ‘em up one more time. Nothing like that good ol’ nostalgia kick on a big show. 100 episodes is a huge deal. Not many places survive, let alone thrive... and grow these days. The fact that ASW is a reality is amazing. I’m looking forward to enlightening people with my expertise of this industry. I show them one more time at Climax Control that Max Burke is a different breed, then the real work begins in ASW. You know it ain’t a catchphrase for us. The Burkes... we’re born to wrestle. Bred to win. It’s your time kid.