Author Topic: #CovergirlChronicles: Reluctant Participant  (Read 407 times)

Offline Lyah Lindberg

• View Profile
    • Lyah Lindberg
#CovergirlChronicles: Reluctant Participant
« on: November 28, 2014, 02:21:50 AM »
 OFF CAMERA

Liz Smalls is seated in a chair, staring at her agent, Owen Lyons in his office. The Covergirl is none-impressed with the on-going lecture she's receiving.

Owen Lyons: "This is an amazing opportunity for you Liz."

Owen taps a pen against a stack of papers as he's seated behind his desk. The newly hired agent for the 'Coast 2 Coast Covergirl' has had his hands full to say the least. Not only is he representing one of the most sought after, in-demand wrestlers around, but she's also one of the more controversial.

Owen Lyons: "Think about it, you return to a place where you made your name, Sin City Wrestling. Not only do you get one final chance to re-connect with some of those fans that may not have followed you after you left, but you get a chance to connect with all of the new fans that may not have been watching when you were there. Business wise, its great for the brand."

Liz Smalls: "Great for the brand? Are you serious? Hmmm, lets see, not only am I going somewhere that has like, a lot of people that wanna hurt me, like the Mean Girls...buuuut...."

The Covergirl pauses, trying to piece her words together.

Liz Smalls: "One of the co-owners said that I'm annoying and that he doesn't want me around. I'm soooo not doing it. Sorry...Not..."

Before Liz can finish her trademark quote, the energetic Owen interjects.

Owen Lyons: "Again, big picture Lizzie. You aren't going back there full time on a contract, its one night. One night to tie up all the loose ends. How did you leave SCW?"

Liz rolls her eyes.

Liz Smalls: "Are you serious? You know why I left..."

Owen Lyons: "I do, but the thing is, a lot of people have a bitter taste in their mouth at your departure. Not only were you a champion when you left, but a lot of people are even doubting that you were injured."

Liz drops her mouth in surprise, playing into the situation by being over-dramatic.

Liz Smalls: "That's crazy!!! I was soooo injured. I had a concussion, and I was tired of carrying Veronica Taylor in matches. My daddy died in a ring, that will NEVER be me. I really don't care who likes it. And, you know what?"

Liz points a finger at her agent.

Liz Smalls: "I really don't wanna do this battle royal. Over the last few months I've made a lot of changes in my life, and people still seem to hate me. I know exactly what'll happen in the battle royal. As soon as I enter, everyone will turn their attention to me, like they should, and they'll all gang up on me. That's not fair and I won't let it happen to me!"

Owen Lyons: "What about your promotional opportunities Liz? The Maybelline makeup, the Nails by Liz. You would be wrestling in Vegas, one of the biggest tour cities in the United States, this is huge not only for you, but for your brand. Don't let the past define your future. I really think you should put the ink on that contract, if not for what I just mentioned, than for your fans in Vegas. Cmon...for me?"

Owen flashes a full toothed grin, the attractive agent gets the Covergirl to break as she huffs and puffs.

Liz Smalls: "Fiiiiine! I'll do it. But if those girls all attack me at once I'm sooo blaming you!"

Owen smiles, satisfied at Liz's decision.

Owen Lyons: "Fair enough to me. Trust me, you're making the right decision. You might have had some duds as agents before, but that's all about to change. You hired me to take your career to new places and that's exactly what I'm going to do. Your face should be on magazines across the globe every month, and that's what I plan on making happen. You should be getting main event bookings in wrestling, which you earned, and that'll keep happening. The sky is the limit for you babygirl, you just have to keep working at it."

Liz Smalls: "I've BEEN working at it. The thing is, nobody has taken me seriously. Like, the last time I was in SCW, I not only made the Mean Girls a household name, I helped put the Bombshell division back on the map. No matter what anyone says about me, its a hashtag Liz Fact that when I was there, twitter was blowing up over Liz Smalls, the Mean Girls, and the SCW Bombshell's. I take a lot of credit for it and share a lot of it with Delia Darling, my big sister."

Liz looks down, reminiscing over her time in Vegas, a time in which its fair to say her career was made. SCW took Liz Smalls from a loud-mouthed rookie, to a household name, that's something she can't deny.

Liz Smalls: "When I first joined SCW, I admit, I wasn't the most mature and I wasn't the best in the ring. At that time, I was ummm...more concerned with my finances than I was with actually getting better in the ring. But, do to all of the talent in SCW, I had to get better. Delia really pushed me to work harder so that I could defend myself in the ring, and it worked!"

Liz's eyes light up, she beams with joy when mentioning her transition from model to legitimate pro wrestler. Owen is staring at her, taking in every word she says.

Liz Smalls: "Some of the same people who were constantly bashing me on twitter, were women I was beating in the ring. One of the biggest was Amy Marshall. Let me tell you, that woman, and I use that term like super loosely, was sooo annoying. She would constantly say I couldn't wrestle, and I beat her twice and eventually took her Bombshell tag titles from her. But anyways, even after I was beating people left and right, people still acted like I was a joke. So much so that even after I healed from my injury, I didn't wanna come back, I couldn't.

I was taking myself more seriously in the ring, and if my peers couldn't at least respect what I was doing, then I didn't belong. So I never came back."

Liz looks up to see Owen nodding his head.

Owen Lyons: "So, then you prove 'em wrong. Again and again. This is your chance Liz. Your chance to leave SCW with your head held high. A chance to show Amy Marshall, and anyone who ever doubted you, exactly who you are, and what you represent. You represent the future of women in the wrestling business. You're someone who puts her body on the line, works more dates and arguably harder than most of the people who throw shade at you. Prove that. Go into that battle royal, not for a paycheck, not because you feel obligated, but go into that battle royal to win. And for the owner who said you're annoying and he doesn't want you around...make him eat those words."

The handsome agent reaches over the table, taking one of Liz's hands in an attempt to charm her.

Owen Lyons: "Make him want to beat your door down in an attempt to re-sign you to his company. You aren't just a pretty face Liz, you're THE FACE of professional wrestling. Some people will hate on that, hell, most will, but they can't deny it. The 100th edition of Climax Control is where you make a statement louder than you ever have before."

Liz Smalls: "You know, you're right. I can like, do this. If winning the Bombshell tag titles wasn't enough of a reason to take me serious, this battle royal will be."

Liz stands out of her chair, running her hands along the bottom of her #LizStrong t-shirt proudly, arrogant smirk on her face.

Liz Smalls: "Thankies Owen...you really opened my eyes today. I can't wait to go back to Vegas now. That battle royal is mine...hashtag, Liz Fact."

The confident blonde struts out of the office with Owen Lyons nodding his head, staring at his client as she exits.

Owen Lyons: "Damnit Owen you did it again man. Pat yourself on the back."

The young agent pats himself on the back, before sitting back down at his desk to finish some paperwork.

ON CAMERA
Television Studio

Liz Smalls is seated in front of a green screen, sporting the graphic for the Bombshell Alumni Battle Royal at the 100th edition of Climax Control. She looks at the screen proudly seeing her own image.

Liz Smalls: "November 30th, 2014, history...sorry, Liztory is made. For one night only, one of the most talked about bombshells in SCW history returns for the Alumni battle royal. Now, I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't too thrilled about it at first. I mean, why should I share the spotlight with so many other women? Not only that but one of the owners thinks I'm annoying and doesn't want me around anyway. But, the more I thought about it, the less all of that mattered.

What matters to me is my legacy. I left this company a few months ago, injured with a concussion as one half of the Bombshell tag team champions. Due to my injury, I had to forfeit my championship, and now, just recently of course the weaker link of our team, Veronica Taylor, lost those titles. But many would argue that at least she was around to defend them. So, for a final time, I'm clearing the air on why I left, okies?"

Liz runs her hands through her hair, tucking it behind her ear.

Liz Smalls: "Okies. Yassss I really had a concussion, in fact, it was my second concussion in only a few months in wrestling. Concussions might seem like minor injuries, but they aren't. If a concussion gets worsened by taking more damage, eventually, I could have suffered brain damage and I'm sorry but no career is worth that. So, I went on the injured list. By the time I was healed, I wasn't ready to return here. There was just...a lot of stupid drama that I didn't wanna deal with. I was pretty much done with the Mean Girls, everyone else hated me here and I really had no friends. Business wise, it would have been risky to stay here.

Do I miss SCW? Ummm yasss, I love this place. SCW made me a household name in wrestling and was the place that really motivated me to take my craft to a new level. It was here that I had to do more than just look pretty in the ring, or I would have been ummm...eaten alive. It started with Marisol Hawkes. I was thrown into a weapons match with her, a match she wanted...and what happened? Like I've done so many times since then, I proved her and the entire world wrong when I was able to pin her...1...2...3 in the middle of the ring."

Liz smiles at the memory.

Liz Smalls: "From there I went on to bigger and better things. Two highlights really stand out to me, one was being able to wrestle Roxi Johnson and taking her to her limit. I may not have won, but that match helped me grow in so many ways. The other highlight is obviously winning the SCW Bombshell tag team championships as part of the Mean Girls, a group that I helped take to the next level during my time here.

But that's all in the past now. Now, I have a chance to do something else, to make more Liztory because at the 100th episode of Climax Control, I'm entering the Bombshell Alumni Battle Royal."

Liz points to the image on the screen with the photo of each bombshell taking part in the battle royal.

Liz Smalls: "Admitted...admitted..."

Liz looks down frustrated at herself for not being able to get the word out completely without a pause.

Liz Smalls: "Admittedly, ugh, finally! But yasss, admittedly I don't know all of my opponents, most of them were around before I was. Not that it matters because I know myself and what I'm capable of doing. I've won matches before that had more than one opponent, like at Scars and Stripes at Uncensored Inc for example in July. I went against three other opponents and walked out as the first and only ever Uncensored World Champion.

Why will I win this battle royal? Because in a battle royal, you need to be a quick thinker, which I am. How many times have I been outmatched as far as experience or strength goes? Almost all of my matches, but what happened? I found ways to win. In a battle royal, you have to like...think quickly, which I'm really good at doing.

Another thing I have on my side is my speed. I'm fast, which means I can avoid the other bombshells and keep myself one step ahead.

Look at all of the other names in this match, and yasss they all must have done something in order to be invited back, but how many of them bring as much attention to the match or SCW as I do? A big fat zero, that's how many. Oh Em Gee, even look at the picture thingy on the screen, NONE of them are as pretty as me...hashtag, Liz Fact."

Liz smiles at her picture on the screen.

Liz Smalls: "There is one person in particular that I'm excited to meet in the match and that's Brandi Shotze. Like, who the h-word do you think you are? You had the nerve to accuse ME of being part of the Mean Girls plot to keep the Bombshell title away from you, ummmm, newsflash fattie pattie, I had nothing to do with it! I didn't even know you until you mentioned my name."

Liz rolls her eyes, clearly annoyed at the accusation from Brandi.

Liz Smalls: "Did you ever stop and think that maybe you didn't deserve the Bombshell title? Look at the champion now, Delia, someone who's never lost a singles match ever. You aren't in her league, and you darn sure aren't in mine. Over the last 7 months, what have you done? Ummm, I'm waiting!"

Liz pauses, letting time pass, obviously not getting an answer since Brandi isn't in the room.

Liz Smalls: "That's right, nothing! Me? I've won a world title, I've won bombshell tag titles, I've won main events in numerous companies, and I've made myself a bigger name in 7 months than most have in years. How? Through hard work. I've built my brand from the ground up in wrestling, and love me or hate me, people can't stop talking about me. It doesn't matter if its through my commercials, movies, tweets, matches, whatever...its still a ton of time I invest in myself in order to get people to care about me one way or another. You Brandi, you haven't done half of what I have in the few months I've been around. You're NOTHING compared to me. If you really think you can get some sort of revenge on the Mean Girls by attacking me in this match, then bring it on because I'm not scared, okies? I'm not even in the Mean Girls anymore, so maybe you should consitter...I mean, consider that too!

As for the other girls, bring it on. Amanda Cortez and Laura whatever her name is are nothing but weirdo, giggling freaks. I hope I never have to see them again anywhere after this match. Kittie looks like the punk rock version of me except for nowhere near as pretty. Oh, and by the way, what happened to the last punk rock girl that thought she was better than me? That's right...I took her title. The other girls might have did something for SCW in the past, but it was just that...the past.

Me? I'm the future of this business and everyone else in this match knows it. Win, lose, whatever...I'll still be main eventing the following week from Coast 2 Coast. I'll probably come back here one day too because I really wanna shut Misty up. But for these other girls? This is it. One last chance to get some of the spotlight. Its okies, for this once I'll be willing to share, but, I'm not ready to lose.

I'm 20 years young...this is a perfect match for me because it puts me back in the minds of all of my fans in Vegas, fans who I honestly appreciate a lot more now than I did a few months ago. I've grown and I realize that most of the fans back then wanted me to do what I eventually did, leave the Mean Girls, but only after we made history together. This time, I'm on my own, I don't want any help to win this match and I honestly shouldn't need it. Not only have I grown as a person, I've matured as a wrestler. I come from a family of wrestlers, and this is my chance to make them proud.

November 30th, Liz Smalls returns to Sin City with BIG dreams. I want the send off I deserve here, and I want to make everyone proud on my way out. Regardless of the outcome, you're getting the best of me at Climax Control.

And for the owner that thinks I'm annoying and that doesn't want me around, I'm doing this for you. I want you to realize what talent you had, and could have again one day if you put your stupid jealousy aside and see me for who I really am, one of the hottest, most talented wrestlers in the world.

Hashtag...Liz Fact."

Liz smiles, waving at the camera as it slowly fades to black.