Author Topic: A Look In The Mirror  (Read 340 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
A Look In The Mirror
« on: September 25, 2014, 10:03:11 PM »
 Wednesday September 17th
Sweet Home Las Vegas

Violent Conduct II was just three days ago, and the much anticipated week off is upon all of the members of the SCW roster.  Even though she didn’t have a match of her own at Violent Conduct, three time former Bombshell champion, Misty, is enjoying every minute of the week off.  And while she hasn’t had a match in weeks, you don’t hear any complaints coming from the self-proclaimed Original Bombshell.

No.  After Violent Conduct had ended and Drake Green successfully defended his title against Rage, Misty had decided to spend a couple of days with him before retreating back to her home for the week.  She couldn’t deny she was enjoying every minute she spent with Drake, but she also missed her daughter Eden and the week off after the supercard meant spending more time with her six and a half year old mini-me.

As she walks through the front door of her home in Las Vegas, she lets out a loud sigh and drops her bags on the floor.  She doesn’t even bothering carrying them into her bedroom to begin the unpacking process and she wanders into the kitchen, soaking in the silence as Eden is currently in school for the day.  She walks over to the fridge and grabs a hold of the handle.  Her eyes dart between the photos she has sticking to the refrigerator door with various magnets; Photos of her and Eden and even one of her and Drake.  A smile grows on her face as she opens the door and takes out an ice cold beer and pops to top off.

She doesn’t take a sip as she walks over to her kitchen table and takes a seat, looking out the window at the Las Vegas sky.  Just as she brings the bottle to her lips and is about to take a sip, she stops herself and lowers the bottle.  She looks down at it, toying with it in her hands.  She thinks for a few moments before she pushes herself away from the table and walks over to the sink where she doesn’t even think twice about pouring the entire bottle down the drain.  

It was no secret that Drake was currently working on his sobriety, and although she wasn’t around him at the moment, she felt she still needed to be supportive in some way.  If that meant getting rid of every ounce of alcohol in her own house and not drinking so much as a drop of any kind of alcohol herself, she would do it.

“Good thing Mark didn’t see that, or he’d be calling for my arrest for alcohol abuse.” She said to herself as the beer swirled down the drain and she promptly tossed the empty bottle in the recycle bin.  She repeated this process for the rest of the six pack she had in her fridge and every last bottle was in the recycle bin as well.  She dusted herself off proudly and looked around the empty kitchen until her eyes fell on the clock perched on the wall just a few feet away.

One p.m.  Eden wasn’t due out of school for another hour and a half, and she’d have to head over to Spike’s place to meet her.  She shrugs and heads back to the front door, grabbing her bags and heading into her bedroom.  She tosses the bags onto her bed and opens one of them up, removing her clothes from inside.

She heads over to her dresser and starts humming a tune as she puts her clothes away.  She doesn’t hear herself humming, however, as she gets lost in her own world.  She grabs a hair tie from off her dresser, pulls her hair back and walks away.  When she takes a step in front of her full length mirror, she stops as she sees something from the corner of her eye.  A sight that clearly terrifies her.  

“Don’t look at the mirror, Misty.” She closes her eyes and whispers to herself. “You’re imagining things.  Just walk away.”

But she doesn’t listen to her own warnings.  Something inside of her can’t, and she slowly turns and faces the mirror and the reflection looking back at her.  She stands there, shaken and frozen, as she looks at herself staring back at her.  Well…her former self.  Inside her mind, the dark and demented form of the Queen of the Damned stares back at her with a wicked smile and her long hair flowing down past her shoulders.  

“No.  No!” Misty shouts as she brings her hands up to her face and shields her eyes.  She shakes her head, furiously wishing away the vision.  The trick her mind is playing on her clearly continues, as the reflection of her Queen of the Damned self chuckles wickedly and stares at her with devious intent.  

“Oh, yes, Misty.” The voice says slowly, sending chills up Misty’s spine. “Deny it all you want, but I’m still here.  I’m still a part of you, whether you want me to be or not.”

Misty again shakes her head, but she doesn’t open her eyes.  She’s already seen the reflection once, she can’t see it again.  She turns around, turning her back to face the mirror and only then does she open her eyes.

“No you’re not.” She shouts back as she fights to gain control of her body once again.  She’s still shaking, and she’s holding back fearful sobs, but she can still feel the Queen’s piercing eyes on her. “Go away!  I don’t know what you’re doing here!”

“Isn’t it obvious?” The Queen responds, wanting nothing more than to take a step towards her weaker self, but she’s trapped as a mere reflection. “You and I both know you’ve been fighting this for quite some time, sweetie.”

Misty straightens her posture, standing up tall and as proud as she can.  She still refuses to turn around and face the evil woman she once was, and she stares across the room with a fiery determination in her eyes.

“I’m not fighting anything.  I know who I am, and I’m not you!” The Queen laughs again as Misty snaps back, clearly trying to persuade herself.

“Keep telling yourself that, dear,” the Queen starts, folding her arms across herself in the mirror. “It might have worked in this war so far, but I know you can feel something horrible coming.  You can feel you’re the end of your world coming soon.  That’s me warning you, sweetie.”

Misty snarls and shakes her head.

“You don’t know a thing!”  Misty shouts, still refusing to face herself. “If anything, you’re just trying to trip me up.  You can tell that my world…my life…is only getting better and happier and you’re becoming more and more non-existent.”  Misty smiles, proud of herself as she fights her own demon.  The Queen, however, just shakes her head, still with that wicked smile on her face.

“Your denial is really quite saddening, dear.” The Queen responds. “Your life may be happy right now, but for how long?  How much longer do you see your life continue to grow and prosper?  Do you really think you’re going to get a happy ending now?  After everything we did?”

As the Queen laughs again, Misty can no longer keep herself from facing her.  She spins around and looks directly into the mirror.  She looks right into the eyes of the evil form of the Queen of the Damned, taking a single step towards the mirror.

“I…did nothing!” Misty says, pointing at the mirror. “You were the one that did all those horrible things, not me.  I’m a better person now since I got rid of you.”

The Queen throws her head back and laughs louder this time.  She laughs for a few moments before she lowers her head, glaring at her weaker self. “You say that, but you and I both know that won’t be the case for long, dear.  Especially not if you wish to continue this war against the Mean Girls.  Bravo for that attack on Delia Darling, by the way.  Though I could have managed far worse damage than what you did.”

“SHUT UP!” Misty shouts louder, getting closer to the mirror. “JUST SHUT UP!”

The Queen nods with the hint of a smile. “Testy, testy.  What’s the matter, Misty?  Am I getting to you?  Or are every word the Mean Girls throw your way finally sinking in and you’re just trying to fight the inevitable truth?”

“What inevitable truth, you evil bitch?!” Misty snaps back. “I did what I did to Delia as payback for what she did to Eden!  It has nothing to do with all the jealousy bullshit that Delia and her clones are throwing at me or the rest of the Bombshells on a daily basis.  So fuck you and what you think.”

“If you really wanted Delia to pay for what she did to my precious heir, you would have let me handle it.  Why must you fight this?” The Queen asks in a disappointed tone.  

Misty narrows her eyes and tilts her head to the side. “Eden is my daughter.  She will never be anything like you.  And Delia will pay a steeper price for what she did.  Sunday night was only a taste of what I’m capable of.”

“Oh I know, dear,” the Queen starts, leaning forward just a bit with a malicious smile on her face. “Because by the time you face Delia inside of that ring, one on one, it won’t be you going against her.  It’ll be me and the damage will be far more severe and permanent than anything you could dish out yourself.”

“I CAN DO THIS ON MY OWN!  I CAN DESTORY DELIA MYSELF, DAMN IT!”

The Queen holds her hands up as Misty shouts at her, proudly displaying them for Misty to look at.  Misty stands there, frozen once again as she stares at her hands…and the blood on them.

“No, you can’t, dear.” The Queen says. “Delia’s blood will always be on my hands.  Never yours.”

Misty finally loses all control.  She lunges at the mirror with both fists bared, and punches the mirror.  It immediately shatters, and the pieces of the mirror fall to the floor, but Misty doesn’t stop.  She continues to punch and scream at the mirror, and inside her head, the Queen continues to laugh.  Once Misty is able to calm herself down, she brings her hands up and stares down at them.  Blood is pouring from the gashes that now line her hands, and she’s shaking furiously.

“Think about what I said, sweetie.”  Misty shakes her head, refusing to give the voice inside her mind any more attention.  Tears start to stream down her face and she looks around her room, frantically searching for her phone.  She spots it on the bed next to her suitcase and picks it up, not caring about getting any blood on it.  She just dials a number and waits for the person on the other end to pick up.  A few moments later, someone does, and her face lights up in relief.

“Dixie, I need you to come get me right now.”  She says with a shakey voice. “I’ll explain when you get here, but I need you to take me to the hospital.  And please hurry.”

Misty then tosses her phone on top of her duffel bag.  She heads into the bathroom to grab a couple of hand towels to wrap her blood soaked hands in while she waits for her younger half-sister to come get her.

MountainView Hospital
Triage Room

Misty was lucky that the emergency room of MountainView Hospital not far from her home wasn’t very busy today.  It didn’t take long for her to be checked in and taken back to a triage room.  She’s currently sitting on a gurney with her hands on a table in front of her.  She’s waiting for the nurse to return to the room with a suture kit, as her hands are going to require several stitches.

Her sister, Dixie, is in a chair just a few feet away from her.  Not a word is being spoken between the two as Dixie stares at Misty’s hands.  All Dixie knows is that the cause of Misty’s bloodied hands was a shattered mirror in her room, but she has yet to find out exactly why Misty went postal on said mirror.  

Misty looks down at her hands, and she shakes her head.  

“Shit.” She says as a thought suddenly popped into her head.

“What?” Dixie asks curiously.  

Misty looks up at her sister and with a laugh she says, “I have to figure out how the hell I’m going to explain this to Drake.  I’m not going to be able to hide this from him.”

Dixie shakes her head. “I don’t know why you laughed.  This isn’t funny.” Dixie has been concerned for her sister for quite some time, but she hasn’t been there as much as she wanted to.  Not since she has been spending the majority of her time with her now boyfriend, former SCW Heavyweight Champion, Giani Di Luca.

“It wasn’t a funny laugh, Dixie.” Misty replies, holding her hands still.

“Oh because that makes this situation any better?  You’re worried about how you’re going to explain this to Drake, yet you haven’t even told me what the hell happened.  Why did you decide to get into a fight with your mirror?”  Dixie gives her sister a stern look, asking for the truth.  She has a feeling Misty won’t tell her the whole truth, but regardless she wants an explanation.

“I saw a couple of gray hairs and I freaked out.” She says with an amused grin and a laugh that follows.  Dixie, however, stares at her and she doesn’t return the same amusement.

“Sheesh,” Misty starts, rolling her eyes. “Lighten up.  I was just trying to be funny.”

“Yeah, and I already said this isn’t funny!” Dixie snaps back.  Just as the argument is going to get further heated, the nurse walks into the room with a suture kit.  

“Everything okay in here?” She asks as she places the kit down on the table next to Misty’s hands.  She puts on a sterile pair of gloves and looks back and forth between Misty and Dixie as she starts to open the suture kit.

Dixie sits back in her seat and folds her arms across her chest.  She refuses to say another word, so Misty gives the nurse a polite smile and responds.

“Everything is fine.” She says, then looks back to her battered hands. “Well, except for the obvious condition of my hands.”

“I have to agree.”  The nurse says. “You did quite a number on them.  You said you punched a mirror, right?”  She begins prepping the wounds on Misty’s hands, cleaning and sterilizing them before she starts to stitch the gashes.  Misty just nods, trying her best not to think about why she destroyed her mirror.  

“I don’t mean to pry, but I’m assuming the clear tension in the room has something to do with wanting to know why you punched that mirror?”  The nurse asks with genuine concern in her voice.  Dixie turns her head, still wanting an answer, but Misty can’t give her one yet.

“It is, but I don’t really want to talk about it just yet.  I already regret it, so we can just leave it at that, please.” Misty replies as she glances at Dixie.  Dixie shakes her head disappointedly and Misty winces as the nurse injects a local anesthetic to numb the area before she starts stitching.

“Fair enough.” She says. “After I’m done here I can ask the doctor to give you a referral for someone to talk to.  You know, as someone with an outside perspective on things.”

Misty snarls and glares at the nurse. “I don’t need a shrink.” She snaps. “I need you to do your job and finish stitching up my hands so I can go back home to my daughter.”

The nurse nods and continues her work quietly.  There is a long awkward silence as the nurse works on stitching up both of Misty’s hands.  Dixie wants nothing more than to talk about what happened, but she knows that Misty won’t say a word with the nurse there.  It is a long while before the nurse finishes stitching up the wounds, then wraps Misty’s hands in gauze wrap.

“All finished.” She says as she removes her gloves and tosses them into the trash.  â€œThe doctor will be back in shortly with your discharge papers and instructions.”

Misty nods.  She looks down at her gauze wrapped hands and shakes her head. “Great.  Eden is going to start calling me Mummy now.”

That manages to get a laugh out of Dixie, though it was a quick one and the smile quickly disappears off of her face. Dixie looks at Misty with genuine concern.

“Misty, what the hell happened?” She pleads with her sister. “I need the truth.  I can’t help you if you don’t tell me what the hell is going on”

Misty lowers her hands to her side, looking at Dixie.  She thinks about what happened and she knows that if she tells Dixie the truth, she’ll think she’s crazy.  So she thinks of a better excuse inside her mind…one that Dixie is sure to believe, though it pains her to even use that lie over the truth.

“It’s just all this crap with the Mean Girls, Dixie.” Misty starts, choosing her words carefully and making them as believable as possible. “Do you know how often they call me old and washed up?  Irrelevant?  They’re constantly spewing a bunch of shit saying I need to return to the nursing home or something.  I just…I looked in the mirror and I guess I started to see what they see and I freaked out.”

Misty lowers her head ashamed of every word she has just spoken.  She knows they aren’t true, but she’s able to speak them as if they were and Dixie looks at her, shaking her head.

“You can’t be serious?” She asks and Misty raises her head thinking Dixie saw through her lies. “You’re letting those horrible excuses for women get to you?”

Misty shrugs, laying the shame on as thick as she possibly can.  Dixie stands up and takes a seat next to her sister.

“Misty, those…things…they don’t know what they’re talking about.  They like to talk about jealousy a lot, but from my point of view, they’re jealous of you.  You’re beautiful on the inside and out and they know they’ll never have what you have.” Although Misty’s story was a lie, Dixie’s words come as a great comfort to her.  She looks up at her sister with a warm smile and wraps her arms around her in a tight embrace.

“I don’t deserve you as a sister, Dixie.” She says, wiping a tear away from her cheek. “How can you think I’m this beautiful person inside and out after everything I’ve done to you and to our family?  Hell, I don’t even deserve Drake.”

“You’re kidding, right?” Dixie asks Misty with a nudge. “Drake is hardly a saint himself.  None of us are perfect, Misty.  The fact that the Mean Girls think they are is what makes them the true ugly ones.”  Dixie rubs her sister’s back as Misty looks to the floor; the shame over the entire war with the Mean Girls really coming to the surface now.  â€œYou’ve made mistakes, Misty, but you’ve been doing everything to make up for them this past year.  I’m proud of you.”

Another tear rolls down Misty’s cheek as Dixie brings her in close for a side hug.  She tries to wipe the tears from her eyes, but they just keep rolling down her face.

“Dixie, I just feel like…I dunno…something bad is going to happen.  With the exception of all this bullshit with the Mean Girls, everything in my life has been going so great.” She shakes her head, unable to shake off the horrible feeling washing over her. “Eden and Timmy finally trust me again.  Spike and I are civil towards one another and I’m practically best friends with his wife for christ’s sake.  And Drake…” Her voice trails off, but an awkward smile grows on her face.

“What?  What about Drake?” Dixie asks as Misty looks up at her.

“He…He told me he loves me, Dixie.”

Dixie’s eyes widen but she smiles.  â€œWhat?!  That’s…that’s great!” One look at Misty’s expression tells Dixie that perhaps she’s wrong. “Isn’t it?”

Misty looks back to the floor and shrugs. “I…I don’t know.  I mean, I thought it was, but Dixie…I just feel like maybe it’s not enough.”

“Do you love him?” When Dixie asks this, Misty’s head shoots up and she stares at her, unsure of how to answer.  Dixie nudges her again. “Well?  Do you?”

Misty’s mouth drops open and when she goes to speak, nothing comes out.  She’s at a loss for words, but Dixie smiles, already knowing the answer.  â€œQuit being so afraid and just tell him already, Misty.  Haven’t you already waited long enough?”

“Exactly how long do you think I’ve felt this way about him?” The question makes Dixie laugh and Misty realizes what a stupid question it was after asking it.

“Long enough, don’t you think?” Dixie replies. “You just couldn’t admit it to yourself, and for whatever reason you still can’t.  What are you waiting for?”

“Honestly?” Misty asks, looking up at her sister.  Dixie nods, urging her to answer. “I’m just afraid that if…when I tell him that I love him, that something is going to screw it up.”

“You mean that Drake will screw it up…” Dixie asks.  Misty, surprisingly shakes her head and frowns disappointedly.

“No…that I will screw it up.”  Dixie looks surprised to hear Misty admit this and before she has a chance to question what she means, Misty explains. “My track record over the last two and a half years isn’t all that great, Dixie.  I’ve been the one to screw things up and throw away a great thing when I had it.  Spike…Giani…”

Before Misty can stop herself, she lets Giani’s name slip.  She regrets it, but Dixie shakes her head, shockingly not bothered by it.

“Please, Misty.  What you and Giani had wasn’t a great thing, obviously.” She laughs and Misty even manages to chuckle.

“Sorry,” Misty starts. “But, you get my point.  Spike…Giani…Seth…I was the one to leave all of them, Dixie.”

Dixie shakes her head.  She stands up and stands directly in front of Misty, placing her hands on her shoulders.  She looks down into her sister’s eyes and smiles.  â€œStop, Misty.  Just.  Stop.”  Misty blinks, and she doesn’t say a word. “Look, everything happens for a reason, right?  For whatever reason, you and Spike weren’t meant to be together, otherwise you would be.  Giani was clearly just a fling.  And Seth…he wasn’t willing to make things work.  He allowed himself to be stuck in that life back in Chicago, knowing you could never move back there because of Eden.  Do you want my honest opinion?”

Misty nods and says, “Please.”

“Drake needs you, and a part of you needs him.  Tell him how you feel about him, because the longer you wait, the worse it looks.  I can tell you right now, you won’t screw this up.  If you were going to, it would have already happened.”  Before Misty has a chance to respond, the doctor walks into the room with Misty’s discharge paperwork and instructions.  Misty looks to her sister and quietly mouths a “thank you” to her.  Dixie just smiles and nods, as the two turn their attention to the doctor as he goes over the final paperwork before Misty can go home.

Sunday September 21st
2 a.m

Misty is sleeping peacefully, snuggled under her blanket.  Just down the hall, her six and a half year old daughter is tucked into her own bed, but she’s hardly sleeping as well as her mother.  Eden is tossing and turning with her stuffed teddy bear clutched tightly in her arms.  She lets out soft, fearful cries until she bolts upright and screams, “MOMMY!!”

She clutches her teddy bear tighter and starts rocking back and forth as the tears start streaming down her cheeks.  Moments later, Misty comes running into the room.  She switches on the light and walks over to her daughter’s side.

“Eden, sweetie, what’s wrong?” She asks, comforting her terrified little girl.  She brushes a few strands of hair away from Eden’s face and hugs her tight.

“I…h-h-had a b-bad…dream.”  Eden says, sobbing into Misty’s shoulder almost uncontrollably.  Misty rubs Eden’s back, doing her best to calm her down.\

“Shhh..” She says, backing away and looking into Eden’s tear soaked eyes. “It was just a nightmare, sweetie.  Do you want to tell me about it?”

Eden shakes her head, not saying so much as a single word.  Her tears become less and less as her nerves finally start to calm down in her mother’s comforting arms.  Misty lays back in the bed next to Eden, still hugging her tight.  She starts humming a tune to her, trying to get her to fall back asleep, and doesn’t notice Eden staring at her bandaged hands.  At least, not until Eden speaks up and questions her about them.

“How come you haven’t told me what happened to y our hands?” Eden asks as she takes one of Misty’s hands in her own.  They’ve already begun the healing process, but it would be days before the stitches could be removed.

“Well,” Misty begins, allowing Eden to gently run her hand over the bandages, concerned for her mother. “I just had an accident is all.  You don’t need to worry about it, though.  It’s just a few stitches.”

Misty hated lying to Eden, given the things she had done over the past couple of years, but she had no choice.  She couldn’t allow the Queen of the Damned to return.  And while her main reason was because she didn’t want to hurt Eden again, there were also several other reasons to not allow that to happen.

“Did the mean lady with the funny accent do it?” Eden asks, looking up at Misty curiously.  She yawns softly, slowly growing tired once more.

“No, sweetie.” Misty says, looking down at Eden shaking he head. “Delia didn’t hurt my hands.  She’s not going to hurt me or you ever again.”

“How can you be so sure?” Eden asks quietly, almost disappointed to admit she doesn’t believe her mother.  Misty takes in a deep breath.  She thinks about how best to reassure Eden, considering Delia has already stooped to such a low level.

“Because I’m your mother, Eden.” Misty says, continuing to sooth her. “I can’t promise you that Delia won’t try to hurt you again, but I can absolutely promise I won’t let her.  I’m just sorry that she felt the need to use you as a way to get to me.  I’m sorry she scared you, sweetie.”

Eden pouts her bottom lip out.  She looks like she’s considering asking another question, but she’s holding back.  She yawns again and her eyes start to flutter closed.  As she slowly drifts off to sleep again, she finally breaks her silence and asks the question that was on her mind. “Mommy, you’re not going to leave me again, are you?”  She yawns again, this time unable to keep her eyes open.  

The question is enough to break Misty’s heart, especially hearing the way Eden asks it.  Misty hugs Eden tightly, not realizing she has already fallen fast asleep again.

“Of course not, Eden.” Misty says, but Eden doesn’t hear her. “I’m never ever going to leave you again.”  Once she hears Eden’s soft peaceful breathing, she looks down at her and sighs.  Once Eden woke up, she would have to reassure her that she would never leave again.  

Misty carefully gets up from the bed, once again tucking Eden under her blankets.  She leans down and kisses her forehead before she heads towards the door.  As she passes by the mirror on Eden’s vanity, she glances at it and nearly loses it again.  She sees the reflection of her Queen of the Damned self once again, and the Queen just winks at her, then blows a kiss in Eden’s direction.  Misty holds herself back from clenching her fists, as doing so would likely pop the stitches of her healing hands, but her vision quickly vanishes as her mind just plays tricks on her once again.  Misty shakes her head and walks over to the door, flipping the lights off once again before returning to her own bedroom for the rest of the night.

“When I returned two months ago, and let the entire SCW roster and its fans know that I was targeting the Mean Girls, I never imagined how exhausting this battle would be.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m not backing down.  I’m not walking away, so any thoughts of any of the Mean Girls may have about thinking that is the case, they can just keep their mouths shut.”

“I’ve slowly been working my way up to my main target, Delia.  I don’t care when…I don’t care how, but I WILL get Delia one-on-one in that ring and I WILL walk away the winner whether she thinks I will or not.  I made easy work of the bottom of the barrel, Angelica and Tessa, in my first match back.  Sure, it’s not exactly something to brag about considering one has been out of action for quite some time and the other has very little wrestling experience under her belt.  But, come on, they were given a clear advantage in facing me in a HANDICAP MATCH, and yet they still walked away on the losing end.  Misty…one.  Mean Girls…zero!”

“The following week I decided to do things a little bit different.  I had to get creative.  Because of the rules in SCW, I couldn’t face Holly Wood in a sanctioned match, so what did I agree to?  A drag contest.”

“Not one of my prouder moments, but hey, I had a ton of fun with that.  And I won.  Yet Holly cried foul and challenged me to an arm wrestling match.  Oh, and guess what?  I won that one, too!  Misty…two.  Mean Girls…zilch!”

“Do you all see where I’m going with this?”

“Now, the six-woman tag match on the last edition of Climax Control before Violent Conduct II didn’t exactly end how it should have.  Sure the Mean Girls walked away with the victory over Roxi, Amy and myself, but if you watch that match over again, that win was not something to brag about.  It may be in the record books, but it was CLEARLY an illegal win because neither Delia nor Amy were the legal women in the ring.  But…I’m not going to cry over spilled milk.  What’s done is done, but my point here is that one-on-one…the Mean Girls simply can’t beat me.”

“Don’t get me wrong, I’m not blaming Amy or Roxi for what happened, it was just how the cards were dealt that night, but when it comes to singles matches…I won’t lose against the Mean Girls.  I REFUSE to lose.”

“This Sunday in St. Louis…I get my next victory.  The bosses have done me a favor in placing me against Veronica Taylor one-on-one and it is going to be oh so sweet beating the hell out of that brainless idiot and prove to her that while she may be on a ‘winning streak’ as of late, that streak is about to be broken.”

“I have to wonder how the Mean Girls will feel after I beat Veronica?  They all want sooo badly to defeat me and to *air quotes* send me back to the nursing home, yet they’ve clearly failed to do so thus far.  Not to mention, they have a mole in their midst.”  

“Who is it?  Who has been feeding information about the Mean Girls to not only me, but SCW as a whole?  It very well could be Veronica Taylor.  I mean…when she loses to me in that ring, maybe the Mean Girls will point the finger and think just that.”

“One thing is for sure, though.  The Mean Girls are destroying themselves, and I’m enjoying every second of it.”

Thursday September 25th
Spike Staggs’ Home- Las Vegas

It’s a scorching day in Las Vegas, with temperatures soaring near one hundred degrees and not a cloud in the sky.  Timmy and Eden Staggs are currently in school for the day, and no one is seemingly home at the Staggs household, but there is a visitor in the backyard.  The woman who used to live there, but now lives just a few minutes away.  

Misty’s mind has been all over the place over the last week, and as weird as it may sound, there was one place over the last couple of years where she found some peace: the corner of Spike’s backyard where he had made a little memorial for the child…the son…he and Misty had lost.  She didn’t live there anymore, true, but when she needed to think and clear her mind, she found herself wanting to visit the memorial.

So today, dressed in a blue tank top and a pair of shorts, she let herself into the backyard, heading over to the memorial for her son, who would be going on two years old if she hadn’t miscarried him.  She hasn’t found herself shedding any tears over the loss in a while, though the guilt still returns every now and then.  Once she stands over the memorial, she looks down at the stone Spike had made and lets out a sigh.  She kneels down placing a hand on the stone and closes her eyes.

“I’d hate to think what those wretched rats would do if you had been born, sweetie.” She says. “Delia went after your big sister, so God only knows what she would try to do to you.”

“Misty?” Spike’s voice comes from behind her and startles her.  She jumps back to her feet and turns around, bringing her hand to her chest.

“Jesus, Spike.  You scared me.” She says to Spike who is just stepping out of his house.

Spike starts walking towards her keeping his sunglasses over his eyes. “What are you doing here?  How long have you been here?”

Misty dusts herself off and turns around, looking back to the memorial stone.  Off in the distance she can still see the abandoned building she called home with the disciples and Ruby, but she tries not to focus on that building.

“I’ve only been here a few minutes.”  She replies, folding her arms across her chest as Spike walks up next to her.  â€œI hope you don’t mind.  This is just one of the only places I can really clear my head.”

“You know I don’t mind.”  Spike shakes his head then looks down at Misty’s bandaged hands.  He folds his arms across his chest, tilts his head down and looks at Misty over the top of his sunglasses. “Care to explain what happened to your hands?  A little birdie mentioned you had some sort of accident?”

Misty sighs and looks at her hands.  She shrugs and shakes her head. “It was nothing.  The stitches will be out in a couple days.”

“Just in time for your match against Veronica.” Spike replies, narrowing his eyes. “And from the looks of it, it wasn’t nothing.  You might be fine with lying to our daughter, but I’m not.  Now tell me the truth.”

Misty sighs again.  She has no desire to relive what caused her to shatter her mirror, but she also knows Spike will not let up until he gets the truth out of her.  However, before she has a chance to even begin explaining, they turn their attention to the door where Vixen is walking out.

“Everything okay out here?” She asks, stepping through the door and into the backyard.  She joins her husband’s side, giving him quick hug before looking to Misty.

Misty nods and turns away from the memorial stone. “Everything is fine.  I just thought I’d spend a little while hear while I wait for Eden to get home from school.”

Spike shakes his head, a disappointed grin appearing on his face. “That may be partly true, but I believe you were just going to explain what you did to your hands?

“Her hands?” Vixen asks curiously.  She catches site of Misty’s bandaged hands just before Misty hides them behind her back and she looks at Misty with concern. “What happened?”

“And don’t try and say it was nothing again, Misty.” Spike adds.

Misty sighs and brings her hands out in front of her again.  She shakes her head and looks to the ground, and her mind goes to a dark place…a place she doesn’t want to return to.

“I can’t tell you guys the truth, because you’ll get the wrong idea.  You won’t understand.” Misty doesn’t even try to hide the shame and embarrassment she feels as she looks at Spike and Vixen.  She turns around and looks at the abandoned building in the distance; her thoughts immediately wandering to the life she lived there.

Spike and Vixen exchange curious glances.  Neither can even gather a guess as to what happened, but they both want the truth.  Because Misty is Eden’s mother, they are both equally concerned.

“Why don’t you leave that to us and just tell us what happened.  I think we might be more understanding than you think.” Spike says, hoping to reassure Misty.  Vixen takes a step towards Misty, standing next to her.

“Spike is right,” she says, looking at a distracted Misty. “Whatever is going on, we can help you.”

As Misty stares at the abandoned building in the distance, her eyes well up with tears.  She stays silent for a long while and Spike and Vixen wait for her to speak up.  After a while, she turns around, and the two of them are surprised to see the tears rolling down her face.

Misty looks at Spike first and says, “You have to keep Eden away from me, Spike.”  Her voice cracks a little as she grows more visibly upset. “I don’t want to do anything to hurt her ever again, so I think it’s best if you keep her away from me.”

“What the hell are you talking about?” Spike asks with a hint of anger in his voice.

“Misty, how does that have anything to do with Eden?” Vixen adds.

Misty holds her hands up in front of her. “This war with the Mean Girls…with Delia…it’s bringing back a side of me I don’t want to come back.  I destroyed a mirror because of it!”

Spike tilts his head, confuse by what Misty is trying to say. “Misty, I have no idea what the hell you’re talking about.  If you’re afraid that you’d ever hit Eden—“ Misty immediately shakes her head, putting that thought to rest.

“No, of course not.” She says as she wipes away the tears from her eyes. “But if you look at that building off in the distance, I think you’ll understand what I’m talking about.  I can’t let Eden be around me if I were to go back to that place...”

She turns around to face the building once again.  Spike and Vixen share a shocked look, but neither jumps to conclusions, nor do they judge her.

“IF you go back to that place?” Spike asks, trying to stay calm.  Vixen looks at him and shakes her head.

“What makes you think you’ll go back to that, Misty?  What happened?” Vixen asks.

Misty sniffles and wipes more tears from her eyes.  She looks down at her hands, and in the back of her mind she can still hear the Queen of the Damned laughing and taunting her.

“When I got home last week…when I was unpacking, I saw her.” She starts, going over the memory in her head. “I was walking past the mirror in my room and it was her reflection staring back.  I mean…it was me as the Queen of the Damned.  It was that awful person I was.”

Misty begins toying with the bandages on her hands, ashamed of what she is admitting to Spike and Vixen.  Spike nods and scratches the back of his head and even Vixen isn’t sure what to say.  

“If I’m honest guys,” Misty takes in a deep breath and begins. “I think I just need to give up and end this war with the Mean Girls.  I shouldn’t even bother going after Delia anymore, because it’s clearly only going to end badly.  One way or another…”

Vixen suddenly shakes her head.  She grabs Misty’s arm and turns her around. “And what is that going to accomplish, exactly?  If you just give up, everything you’ve done so far will be for nothing.  If you give in to them, they’ll never let you live it down.  Trust me when I say you’ll regret it.”

“Misty, you can’t let Delia get away with that stunt she pulled at the mall with Eden.” Spike warns her. “I pushed the damn boundaries by doing what I did at Violent Conduct for fuck’s sake.  You have to get Delia in the ring one way or another.  Hell do you want to prove Mercedes Vargas right with how many times she’s called you a quitter?!”

Misty closes her eyes and takes in a deep breath. “No, of course not!”

“Then don’t fucking give up!” Spike shouts.  If he weren’t wearing sunglasses, Misty would be looking into his icy glare. “Finish what you started.  And as for that Queen of the Damned bullshit…Well, you won’t go back to that shit if you don’t let yourself.  And I suggest you do everything in your power to not let it happen again.”

“Finishing what I started would mean going after the Bombshell title again.” Misty replies, turning her attention to Vixen.  

“Yeah, so?” Spike asks before Vixen has a chance to respond.

“Vix, I can’t go after that belt so soon after she took it from you.” Misty says shaking her head.  â€œI can’t do that to you.  You deserve that belt more than I do.”

Vixen gives Misty a thoughtful smile and shakes her head. “I’m not going to hold it against you, Misty.  And if you ask me, you need to be the one to take the title from you.  You need to end her reign.  You need to finish this.”

“What if it doesn’t end even after I beat Delia?  What then?” Misty asks.

Spike shakes his head and sighs. “Look…you need to take a step back and focus on one thing at a time. You’ve got a match against Veronica Taylor first in St. Louis.  Take this stuff one step at a time.”

Misty closes her eyes and sighs again.  She nods, knowing in her mind that Spike and Vixen are right.  She brushes herself off and stands tall, trying to build her confidence up. “I’m just not looking forward to defending a victory over Veronica because everyone knows she’ll have some sort of excuse.”

“Yeah, well, that’s just what the Mean Girls do.” Vixen says. “They give us all hell when we point out why their wins haven’t been fair one way or another, yet we’re never allowed to do the same.  It’s just getting to the point where we need to stop fighting about it because everyone knows the truth.”

Just then the sound of Eden’s school bus is heard pulling up in front of the house.  The sound of the little girl darting into the house and looking for her parents is heard before she appears at the back door.  She opens it up and runs around, excited to see her mother.

“Mommy!”  She says as she runs up to Misty, giving her a hug.  She didn’t even bother removing her Disney Princess book bag from around her shoulders.

“Hey baby girl.” Misty says, returning the hug. “How was school today?”

Eden takes a step back and shrugs. “It was okay I guess.  Miss Darcy gave us too much homework, though.”

“Did she?” Misty asks, kneeling down to Eden’s eye level. “Well, you better go inside and get it finished, otherwise I can’t take you out for some ice cream.”

Eden’s eyes light up and she jumps up and down excitedly. “Ice cream?!  YAY!”  She doesn’t even have to be told a second time and she quickly runs back inside to go get her homework done.  Misty just laughs and Spike and Vixen offer a chuckle of their own.

“So much for keeping her away from you, huh?” Spike says.  

Misty looks at him, takes in a deep breath and shrugs. “I’m not making the decision to stay away from her, Spike.  But if you make the decision, I won’t fight it.  I only want what’s best for her.”

Misty doesn’t give Spike or Vixen a chance to say another word before she walks away, following after Eden.  She walks inside the house to help Eden with her homework if needed.  Spike just looks at Vixen and shakes his head.  He’s at a loss for words and Vixen just wraps her arm around him and leads him back inside the house.

Saturday September 27th
St. Louis- Scott Air Force Base

In just over twenty-four hours, Sin City Wrestling hits the first stop on its military tour here in St. Louis, Missouri.  Scott Air Force Base is buzzing with excitement as the SCW superstars and bombshells are making their way to St. Louis; some even stopping at the base before hand to get a feel for the venue, and the military men and women who will be in attendance.  

Misty has just arrived at the base, with a camera crew in tow.  Up until three years ago when she and Spike moved their family to Las Vegas, she had lived in St. Louis for six years.  But she had never visited the base to thank the men and women who have served this country.  

Now is her chance.

As her rental car pulls up to the base, the SCW camera crew is already there waiting for her.  She parks her car and steps out of the driver’s seat.  The temperature today is slightly warmer than normal for this time of year, so there is no need for Misty to wear a light jacket as she had originally thought.  She’s sporting a pair of dark jeans and her signature ‘Original Bombshell’ tank top as she walks up and greets the colonel in charge of the base.

“Welcome to Scott Air Force Base, Misty.” The colonel says, extending his hand.  Misty shakes his hand with a thoughtful smile and she looks around the base.

“Thank you.” She replies. “I have to say it’s an honor to be here.”

“Well the men and women here are more than excited to have our base be the first stop on the SCW tour.” He replies with a smile of his own.

“I think we in SCW are a little more excited.” Misty adds, turning around and taking in the view of the base.  The colonel leads her into the base’s hanger, where tomorrow night, SCW’s six sided ring will be set up and the men and women of the base attending in the audience.  

“I hope you don’t mind me coming here today.”  Misty asks the colonel. “I figured the hanger would be the perfect place to record a special video message to my opponent this week.”

“Not at all.” He replies. “We’ve had the superstars and bombshells in and out of here all week.  My men and women know to stay out of your way if at all possible, but as I told the others, don’t be surprised if the background noise gets to be a little too much.”

Misty shakes her head with a smile. “I’m sure it’ll be fine.  And I won’t take up too much time.”

The colonel salutes Misty then walks away, leaving her all alone.  Well, except for the cameraman now standing behind her.  She looks around the hanger, closing her eyes and imagining how the atmosphere will be tomorrow night when Climax Control is in full swing.  

“Are you ready?” The cameraman asks with the camera perched on his shoulder.

Misty turns and looks at him.  She nods and grins. “As ready as I’ll ever be.  Let’s get this thing started.” The cameraman gives her an acknowledging nod then points to her letting her know the camera is rolling.

“Veronica Taylor…the lowest of the low for the Mean Girls.” Misty starts, looking dead center into the camera.  Several hundred feet behind her, a small group of military men and women has formed, and they watch her, all with smiles on their faces.

“Veronica, I want you to take a good look around this hanger.  It may be empty right now, but tomorrow night, the SCW ring will be set up right where I stand and I’ll finally get your ass in the ring one-on-one.” The expression on Misty’s face turns serious and you can see the determination in her eyes.

“I almost feel sorry for you, Ronnie.  Oops..am I allowed to call you that?” Misty grins and lets out an amused laugh before she continues. “It’s funny that the Mean Girls call you Ronnie for short, because if my memory serves me correctly, isn’t Ronnie more of a masculine name?  What does that say about how the see you, Veronica?”

Misty looks around as if making sure she is truly alone.  She brings her hand up to the corner of her mouth as if she is going to whisper her next statement. “I think it means they see just how manly you look, sweetie.  More so than Holly, in fact.”  She laughs again, clearly having fun at Veronica’s expense.

“How does it feel, Veronica?  What must be going through your mind knowing that you get to be the first Mean Girl to lose to me one-on-one?  How are you going to react when it happens.”  She grins confidently, taking a step towards the camera.  â€œAnd you better believe I’m going to beat you, Veronica.  I couldn’t give a rat’s ass if you’ll have Liz Smalls out there as support, because I could beat the both of you in a handicap match just like I did with Angelica and Tessa.  But I’m sure you don’t agree with that.” Misty brings her hand up to her face, tapping her chin as a thought pops into her mind.

“You know, I was originally going to applaud you for your recent weight loss, but it just hit me.”  A slightly sympathetic look grows on Misty’s face as she looks into the camera, speaking directly to Veronica. “Why exactly did you lose that weight?  Was it for your health, or was it simply because the Mean Girls were growing tired of having a fat camp reject in their midst?  I’m sure you got wind of the simply awful things they were calling you behind your back, right?  It’s really quite sad because you all thing you’re role models?  I don’t think so.”

Misty turns around, holding her arms out as if telling Veronica and those watching who the real role models were. “Look at this place, Veronica.  Look at the men and women standing in the distance behind me.  They are the role models.  They are who I want my kids to look up to, because they put their lives on the line defending this country and our freedoms.  And you…you lose weight and primp yourselves to try and be like that evil bitch, Delia.”  She shakes her head in disgust, but then waves to the men and women standing on the other side of the hander.

“If I know you like I think I do, Veronica, I have a feeling that you and your *air quotes* sisters will show nothing but disgust on this tour.  I have a horrible feeling that you’ll be stupid enough to insult the men and women who are stationed at the bases we’re going to be visiting, and I’m going to warn you right now…You better think twice about doing that.” Misty spins around, then looks into the camera once again, sending a harsh warning glare to Veronica Taylor.

“The days of you hags insulting kids and genuinely good people are over, Veronica.  You can insult me all you want.  I don’t give a shit anymore, but I will not stand by as you insult people who don’t deserve it.” She points to the group standing across the hanger again. “They fight for you, Veronica.  They fight for our entire country, and the thought of you insulting them or treating this tour with disrespect just pisses me off to no end.  So I’d suggest you think long and hard about how you and that band of disrespectful pieces of trash act on this tour, because I’m watching every move you make…listening to every word you speak.”

She pauses for a few moments, walking towards the camera.  She folds her arms across her chest and looks directly into the camera with a dark and devious look in her eyes.

“Make no mistake that I will destroy each and every one of you rabid rats if it is the last thing I do.  You can all try and protect Delia and keep me from taking her down, but trust me when I say it won’t happen.  She’s got a huge target tattooed right on her forehead and I’ve got the arrow that will hit the bulls eye.”

She leans in closer to the camera and with a smile she says, “Sorry not sorry.”

And with a wink, the camera cuts out and the scene fades to black.  
>