Author Topic: Asterisk the Seventh: We Are the Champions  (Read 1463 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Asterisk the Seventh: We Are the Champions
« on: September 21, 2014, 03:11:11 AM »
 S|C|E|N|E| 001
[H E L L | H A S | N O | F U R Y]

Scene open backstage in the infirmary area where we find the Mean Girls huddled together as they look on at the grizzly scene. SCW medical personnel are attending to Delia, who is lying on her back on an examination table as she is getting patched up after the heinous attack by Misty following her match. Angelica is clutching the Bombshell Championship for safekeeping while Liz and Veronica have their set of the Bombshell Tag Team Championship over their shoulders. Mercedes has the Bombshell Roulette Championship around her waist. Despite the memorable night the group had, this turn of events really put a damper on things.

As the doctors applies pressure to the head wound, Delia remains calm, her eyes closed. Without makeup, she didn't look all too bad even as she had appeared angelic. One of the orderlies gently inserts a needle into the gash and draws blood before its wiped away with a small cotton swab. Liz turns away and Mz. Hollywood draws her close shielding her away from the sight. Some people aren't comfortable at the sight of needles or blood, Liz was probably one of them.

Turning away from the group, Mercedes quietly excuses herself and heads outside as the cameraman continues rolling film. Even he seems a little unsettled from watching the procedure. Words fail him when he attempts to start a conversation. Mercedes begins pacing, seemingly at a loss for words herself. She stops for a second, shakes her head, but doesn't look at the cameraman directly.

Mercedes: Are you getting this camera guy? Delia is getting stitched up right now, and it's all because of that bitch. Anyone in there right now would have thought we were at a vigil. I've been telling you for the longest that Misty is batshit crazy, and now you've seen the results for yourself. The entire world got to see for themselves.

She stops and faces the camera.

Mercedes: But I'll tell you what, though. If she think for one second that she's getting away with this, then she's got another thing coming. Now I don't know who's responsible for bringing her back to SCW, I don't know what genius decided to give her a new contract after she clearly, clearly, walked out of this company – and she can spin it anyway she wants to, but it's the cold, hard truth – but it really doesn't matter, because she's here now. It's obvious that since she's came back six weeks ago, she's been trying to regain her former glory, desperately trying to make herself relevant again in SCW, but it's failing badly. And that's why she had to go out there and did what she did. That's why she pulled that stunt locking me and the rest of the Mean Girls in the lockerroom because she knew damn well that she's a coward.

She shakes her head disgustingly at the outcome of events.

Mercedes: I just hope that when she's on her way to the airport tonight that she thinks about this. When she arrives back to her place and is about to open up the door, I hope she thinks about this. And before she goes to bed tonight, I hope she takes a good, hard look in that mirror and sees the person looking back her has a guilty conscience and blood on her hands.  

She lets out a breath.

Mercedes: This was supposed to be our night, our moment, our time. All we wanted to do was show up, win our matches, celebrate our dominant victory, and go home, but that didn't happen. You know, it's funny that we were banned from ringside for our title matches, but Misty gets a free ride and attacks the champion mere moments after she won. She wants this to be all about her. It's the reason why she's back, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. Well, if Misty wants this to be all about her, she wants all the attention, well we're more than happy to oblige. She's wants Delia's attention, that's fine. She has Delia's attention. But Delia won't be alone. Because when you mess with one of us, you mess with all of us. And when you get our attention, you get our undivided attention.

There's a saying that you should always be careful what you wish for, and Misty is going to wish she never came back after we're through with her. Hell has no fury like a Mean Girl scorned. Well, for Misty, she's about to have her own personal hell, and we're going to be the ones to send her there. And don't take that as a threat, don't take that as a promise, take it as fact.

Tiredness wretched her frame as a pause is met. Mercedes slams on a New York Giants baseball cap on her head, but then removes it just as quickly, observing it closely as she remembered having watched her the team lose again earlier in the afternoon to the Cardinals. Unlike her favorite team, at least she won tonight.

Mercedes: Listen, I can't take much more of this. If any of the Mean Girls ask for me, tell them I''m going home.

Mercedes moves past the cameraman and the scene fades to black.

• • •

S|C|E|N|E| 002
[W E | A R E | T H E | C H A M P I O N S]

"(we)'ve taken (our) bows
And (our) curtain calls
You brought (us) fame and fortune and everything that goes with it
(we) thank you all

But it's been no bed of roses,
No pleasure cruise.
(we) consider it a challenge before the whole human race
And (we) ain't gonna lose.

We are the champions, my friends,
And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end.
We are the champions.
We are the champions.
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the world."

[REC•]

Flushing Meadows–Corona Park
Queens, New York
1:27 PM DST

A few days later. Mercedes is seen walking along wearing a pair of blue jeans and a sky blue Supergirl t-shirt with the Sun of May – a staple of the national flag - charged in the center of the “S” logo.

“Well, we did it, we actually did it. The Mean Girls not only have taken over SCW, but now we've got gold to prove it. We control every female championship that Sin City Wrestling has to offer. And I'll be honest here, I didn't think we could pull it off, or think it would be this easy. This past Sunday, we faced every obstacle in our path, every challenge in our way, and every negative comment directed at us. But in the end, The Mean Girls stand united. Despite this supposed mole in the group and the lockerroom mutiny and the Jealous Janis Army fuming at the outcome. For us, we had no excuses and, more importantly, nobody can say we have anything left to prove.”

And it's not like they had to either. Take away the championships, and the Mean Girls would STILL be the end and be all of the supershow. Try to steal their thunder, and they will remind you just how fast the weather can change. Make a name off of them and those fifteen minutes will be wasted only because tomorrow you'd be forgotten again.

“We played by their rules. They wanted no interference in the Bombshell championship matches? We said fine, we'll play ball. When I came out for my match at the top of the show, I came out alone. When Liz and Veronica came out for their match, Mz. Hollywood was with them, until referee Jasmine St. John told him to hit the bricks. And when Delia came out for her match, there was no Angelica by her side, there was no Contessa Flannigan trailing behind her. None of the other Mean Girls were at ringside or tried to interfere before, during or after the match. Delia beat Vixen fair and square, by the book, and within the rules. She won the gold. She got the credit. Just like Liz and Veronica got all the credit for beating MPC – again – for their titles at their expense, and just like how I walked out of that four-way survival match with my hand raised and another title reign to write home about.”

Rinse. Wash. Repeat. That pretty much summed up Violent Conduct II...Featuring the Mean Girls© in a nutshell. Every member of the stable set out what they were to do and walked out of Yuma, Arizona a few pounds heavier, but they were allowed to splurge once in a while, right? It's unlikely they will be shedding off this weight any time now, not only because gold is their favorite color – well, Mercedes, anyway, and okay, second favorite color after the Mean Girls' pink – but the gold will be staying around their waist for a very long time and long after any one of the former champions cash in their rematches.

“After Delia beat poor little Vixen-wixen, I'm almost sure she could see Vixen's tears reflecting in the Bombshell Championship. We proved everyone wrong, we proved that, yes, we CAN win without cheating. Unfortunately, some people still didn't like that. Amy and Jessie had the audacity to attack Liz and Ronnie right after their match, and Misty...”

Mercedes stops, taking a breath or two. As she passes by a park bench she circles around it, then jumps up on it before turning to sit on the back of the bench.

“When I think back at what she did to Delia, it just burns me up inside. That she had to pull a stunt like that to get Delia alone and waylaying into her like that was simply uncalled for. She wasn't even supposed to BE THERE! She should have stayed home sitting there in her rocking chair and watch the pay-per-view like everybody else, but NOOOOOOOO not Misty. She had to do something crazy just so she can stay relevant in the division she claimed she built. Bitch, please. The Mean Girls was the Big Bad Wolf and blew that house down.”

She is just a second or two from losing it, but she tries to maintain her composure as best she can. When she felt in control, she again gazes into the camera.

“Since crawling on her hands and knees back to SCW, all that Suicide Girl reject has been about is herself. Said it on Twitter, said it during interviews, said it on camera, and if she were here right now, I would say it straight to her face. She got pissed off because her daughter spent the day with Delia – and I'm probably taking a shot in the dark here – but could it be that little Eden probably sees Delia as the mother she never had?”

Conjecture was never her strong suit, but it's a question that Mercedes had to ask.

“This is the role model that little girls are suppose to look up to? This is The Original Bombshell who the women's division is suppose to respect and admire and put on some pedestal? Some role model, some icon, some Bombshell. Misty is nothing more than what I've said about her on Twitter – a jealous, spiteful bitch whose time is running out in SCW, she just doesn't know it yet. That she had the audacity to call Delia a predator on Twitter is flat out wrong. Well, after waylaying her after she went out there and fought her heart out against Vixen, what the hell does that make Misty? And then what Spike Staggs did to Delia backstage, what the hell does that make him? And the beatdown from Amy and Jessie after they got exposed again, well, what does that make them?

Mercedes produces her checklist, now updated with all the former champions crossed off, and also including Joanne and Natalie's names for good measure. “Mean Girls” is written is block letters and underlined twice for emphasis with the words “golden girls” written inside an explosion design. She takes up a pen and airily waves it around until she points to the aforementioned names.

“Answer: It makes them just as much the BULLIES they claim we are! That's what! But that's okay, though. That's okay. Because whatever Misty and Friends have planned for us, it doesn't change the fact that in SCW, this is our world now.”

The camera closes in on her face.

“And they're just trying to get a seat at our table.”

Fade.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 10:01:06 AM by Mercedes Vargas »

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)