Author Topic: #CovergirlChronicles: Managing The Brat  (Read 464 times)

Offline Lyah Lindberg

• View Profile
    • Lyah Lindberg
#CovergirlChronicles: Managing The Brat
« on: June 26, 2014, 02:39:27 AM »
 Scene
Off Camera

Liz Smalls energetically strolls through the hallway of the corporate office building where her manager, Jerry Maders is employed. Her fashionable, flower-inspired heels clank the tiled floor, echoing throughtout the room, she looks around at the walls, all decorated with images of success stories. Intimidation sets in for a few seconds, until Liz remembers who she is. A confident smile crosses her gorgeous face, as she walks towards a nearby door, pushing it open, not bothering to knock… walking straight into the office of her manager, Jerry Maders. Jerry smiles as Liz walks in, admiring her summery flower print dress, and the matching flower tucked into her blonde hair.

Jerry Maders: "Liz, its great to see you as always. Take a seat, will you?"

Liz looks around the office. Plaques decorate it, as well as framed, super-sized photos of some of Jerry's most famous clients. Liz's eyes lock in on the framed photo of herself and she smiles, nodding her head as she walks over to a chair across from Jerry, sitting down happily.

Liz Smalls: "Well, its your pleasure as always. As you know, I'm like super busy and kind of wondering why you called me in for a face to face instead of like, you know texting or something?"

The comment gets a chuckle out of the mid 30's, well dressed-businessman. He adjusts his tie as he looks at his young client.

Jerry Maders: "Well Liz, this is the real world. The professional world. A text message just doesn't do it, not in this business at least. But, nevermind that. I called you in today because I wanted to talk about some of the stuff you've been saying on Social Media."

Liz's eyes light up at the mention of social media, she almost breaks a sweat, wondering what exactly he heard. She tries to play it off cool.

Liz Smalls: "Mmhmm. O-M-G... I'm like the talk of twitter, I just don't understand why everyone hates me. Like c’mon its ME! I think its because they're obviously just like, basic... right?"

Jerry Maders: "Or its because sometimes, some of the stuff you say crosses a line Liz. I'm your manager."

Liz Smalls: "Yeah, and I make you a lot of money. So I'm not really feeling the whole picking me apart thingy that we have going on here. I have feelings too you know… duh!"

The Coast 2 Coast Covergirl throws out her signature pout, Jerry knowing his client and her ability for sudden mood swings tries to make things better.

Jerry Maders: "I didn't mean it like that. What I'm trying to say is, the people on the other end of your tweets, they have feelings too… now I'm all for freedom of speech, but at the end of the day you wanna make money right? Pretty soon if you keep talking about domestic abuse, and calling fans ugly, and smelly... people are going to stop buying those magazines you cover.

Liz's eyes open wide in shock and surprise.

Liz Smalls: "WHAT!? Stop buying my magazines? Noooo way.”

Jerry Maders: "Yes way. People like you. They think you’re attractive and who could blame them, but those boundaries, you cross 'em daily. Sometimes physical beauty can be masked if someone thinks you’re a horrible person on the inside."

Liz stands up, her eyes lowering and looking down at her manager, as she aggressively points a manicured finger in his direction.

Liz Smalls: "Heyyy! I'm NOT a horrible person on the inside. I'm getting like really mad at you right now! I didn't come here to be bullied. I get enough of that from Marisol and the others on twitter.”

Jerry pushes himself up from his desk as he walks out from behind the desk, and over to Liz, taking her hand and rubbing it gently to calm her down.

Jerry Maders: "Hey, I wasn't calling you a horrible person. I'm saying that's what some people will think. Please, sit back down."

Liz rolls her eyes, pulling her hand back to herself. She pauses for a second and then sits back down in the chair as Jerry walks back behind his desk.

Jerry Maders: "These walls, they're decorated with some of the most successful people in sports, music, movies, entertainment… everything. A lot of hard work went into each and every one of those people, a lot of coaching, managing. Image is everything Liz."

Liz is now focusing intensely, staring at her manager across the desk.

Jerry Maders: "That's why you chose me as your business partner, right?"

Liz Smalls: "Yasss but…”

Jerry Maders: "There's no BUTS Liz. You pay me to make you look even better than you already look, and that's what I'm doing. I understand that you don't like all of the girls you interact with on twitter. I even get that you aren't big on mingling with the fans. But to publicly insult the people that we want buying into you? Its not a good business decision."

Liz Smalls: "I'm NOT going near them or signing stupid autographs for them. I smell like rotten doritos on them, or something... whenever I go near them.”

Jerry Maders: "Okay but don't tweet about them saying that, just calm down a little on all of that. And the domestic abuse stuff? That's way too far. You’re a kid, but trust me… that's a big deal. Its a good thing you're bringing money into the places you work, otherwise you might be blackballed from the wrestling business altogether already."

Liz has heard enough as she cuts him off.

Liz Smalls: "I'm gonna say what I want, kay? Sorry Not Sorry."

Jerry Maders: "Then you’re only limiting yourself Liz. When you get a little older, you'll realize what I was trying to teach you. I'm gonna support you regardless not only because your my client, but because I think you have a bright future in the wrestling business.”

Liz Smalls: "Ummm, I think that you mean entertainer that wrestles."

Jerry nods his head, he can't help but smile at his young client and her view on things.

Jerry Maders: "Right, sorry. But yeah...go ahead and get out of here. I know you’re a busy girl. Just, please try and at least consider the repercussions of your actions if you keep the twitter stuff up?"

Liz looks at Jerry, she is staring, paying attention, but obviously VERY confused.

Liz: "Huh?"

Jerry Maders: "Nevermind. Just, try not to be as outspoken on twitter. Its about making us money at the end of the day.”

Liz Smalls: "I'll TRY...but no promises.”

Liz stands up, as does Jerry, who walks around the desk and wraps his arms around Liz, giving his client a friendly hug, holding for a few seconds, patting her on the back and then releasing. Liz gives him a half smile as she turns around and she heads out of his office, thinking this was all a waste of time, but not letting Jerry know that. She makes her way back into the hallway as she hurries out of the building.

Scene
On Camera

Liz Smalls: "Sooooo this week I'm facing Marisol in a match that I really don't wanna be in. I clearly stated when I joined that I didn't want any weapons matches, so what does management do? They like try and cover it up with some fancy wheel with match types and think I won't notice. Ummm nooo. This is crazy. I'm stuck in a match against some psycho, weirdo who OBVS has a thing against me. The funny thing is, she calls me a bully, but everytime I tweet something even if its not about her, she jumps on me and brings ALL of her weirdo BASIC friends and they all attack me. Soooo do I feel bad about getting 'too personal' with her? No...I don't. I haven't even like started getting personal either. I don't care about your past. As far as I'm concerned you were stupid for ever involving yourself with someone who would beat you up anyway. Like, why stay? And now you want sympathy for it? Ummm...no. Sorry Not Sorry."

Liz smiles into the camera arrogantly. flipping her blonde hair out of her eyes.

Liz Smalls: "And now your stupid 'papa' was attacked and you can't stop tweeting about it, newsflash...WE DONT CARE. Nobody does. Why would they care for some old crusty dusty man who they don't even know? Okay, like, I should probably stop before you get all crazy on me. At Climax Control this week Marisol, you see a different Liz Smalls. Before, you’re right, maybe I was just here for a paycheck and to promote my nail polish and makeup, but that's like changed. Now, I'm out to prove the world wrong. Nobody believes I can REALLY be a successful entertainer that wrestles. Soooo what am I gonna do? Show them that I can be. I can be better than you, or Delia, or any other Vixen in SCW that thinks just because I'm 19 and beautiful that I'm nothing more than a plastic Barbie. Its obvs that your jealous, and I'm gonna give you another reason at Climax Control. The one thing you have over me is your wrestling, right? Soooo I'm gonna take that from you, beat you at your own game and shut you up once and for all. You threatened my career and when you did that Marisol? You went way too far. The wheel might give you that barbaric weapons match, but there's a good chance it won't. There's a good chance it might give us something that I'd be wayyy better at like hmmm...a pillow fight. Or maybe it gives us a beauty contest, or the Strike a Pose match that I had last week. Those are all matches that you'd stand NO chance in because well… you’re ugly."

She laughs at her own joke before continuing.

Liz Smalls: "Whatever the match is I GUESS I'm stuck with it. SCW management will be getting a call from my lawyers if I'm hurt in ANY way though and Marisol if I sue them? Guess whose fault it is? Yours. So whatever match we get at Climax Control, have a heart. Don't put SCW in any legal trouble and most importantly, don't you DARE try and hurt me. If you do I promise it'll be like the biggest mistake you've ever made. Well, besides the mistake of being born but that one wasn't really your fault was it?"

She asks sarcastically, laughing.

Liz Smalls: "Wrestling to me is just another form of entertainment and Mari, unfortunately for you, entertainment needs Stars. You just don't fit that category. You're more like a supporting actress, and not a very good one. At Climax Control the Coast 2 Coast Covergirl gets her first REAL starring role in the ring, and you're the supporting actress that makes me look better by how bad you are. Sorry Not Sorry."