Author Topic: The Injury..  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Jake Sullivan

• TAFKAR-The Artist Formerly Known As Rage
    • View Profile
    • Jake Sullivan
The Injury..
« on: April 28, 2014, 05:28:51 PM »
   Six Months Ago...

"AHHHHHH!  SON OF A B..." The loud pained bellow of the Sin of Wrath echoes throughout the private gym in which he and Despayre are currently training.  Their training session is put to an abrupt halt as Rage falls to his knees, holding his left shoulder with everyone looking at him with concern.

"I didn't do it!" Shouts Despayre, standing on the outside of the apron.  He had been standing there, waiting to be tagged in, while Rage was in the ring with one half of the other team.  

"Everyone knows you didn't do it, Despayre." Rage starts, still clutching his arm. "This asshole did!" He motions his head toward the guy he was just training with in the ring.

"Swear jar..." Given the situation, Despayre tries to be quiet about pointing out that Rage swore, yet again, but Rage hears it and he lifts his head and sends a glare at his tag team partner.  

Synn quickly gets into the ring to check on Rage, but he looks over to his son for a moment. "Not know, Joshua."  He says and Despayre just shrugs in response, but he watches on as Synn kneels down next to Rage. "What happened?"

"What does it look like happened?" Rage snaps in response. "That dickhead twisted my arm the wrong way and something snapped!"

"I really didn't twist it any way I wasn't supposed to.  You just--" The guy quickly stops himself before he finishes that sentence as Rage glares at him, practically burning a hole through him.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!  You're trying to say this was MY fault?!" Rage lets go of his injured arm, only for a moment, and immediately regrets it.  It moves just a fraction of an inch and a sharp pain shots up and down his arm.

Synn takes a deep breath, trying to remain calm for the whole group.  He looks towards both men on the other team, pointing outside the ring. "That will be all gentleman.  I'm afraid we need to get Rage to a hospital and have his arm checked out by a doctor."

Both men shrug their shoulders, but back away and head towards the locker rooms.  Despayre joins Synn and Rage in the ring, now clutching Angel tightly.  He looks down at Rage, who is trying to hide the considerable amount of pain he is in, he can't help but be worried as well. "Angel offers up his nursing services.  He comes with great references!"

Rage growls and rolls his eyes, but says nothing in response.  Synn helps him to his feet, then out of the ring. "Joshua, I'm going to drop you off at our house with Theresa, and then I'm going to take Rage over to the hospital."

"But I want to go with!" Despayre protests.  He follows behind his father and Rage as Synn gathers their things.

"That's not the best idea, Joshua.  I know you want to help, but Rage is in a lot of pain right now, so it's best if you stay at home while he gets checked out." Synn replies.  Despayre tries to protest again, but Synn looks at him from the corner of his eye and immediately shakes his head.  Despayre pouts, but doesn't say another word as the three of them head out of the gym and to Synn's car.

Several hours later...

The emergency room at Desert Springs Hospital and Medical Center in Las Vegas is rather busy this afternoon, leaving for a long wait for Rage to see a doctor.  He's holding an icepack to his arm, getting at least some relief to the pain he is experiencing, but the longer he waits, the more frustrated he gets.

"For fuck's sake!  This is a damn hospital!  People are in pain here!  What is going to take for a fucking doctor to do his fucking job!" Rage makes it a point to yell as loud as be possibly can so the nurses and doctor's and other patients can hear him.  He doesn't seem to care, however, as he is more concerned about finding out the extent to his injury.

Synn shakes his head and says, "Calm down, Rage.  I'm sure the doctor will be in here soon with your test results.  I've never seen the emergency room this busy, so I can understand why it is taking such a long time."

Rage just laughs a pained laugh and shakes his head. "Calm down?  Calm down?!  Easy for you to say.  I can't fucking move my arm, but of course the damn doctors don't seem to give a shit!"

Once again Rage raises his voice, and just a few moments later, a doctor opens the curtain to Rage's room.  He has Rage's chart in hand, glancing down at it. "Okay then, Mr....Rage?" HE says, oddly intrigued by Rage's name.  "I apologize about the long wait, but as you noticed, we're very busy today, but I have your test results."

"It's about fucking time." Rage growls.  The doctor looks over to Synn, who gives him an apologetic look.

"So...How bad is it?" Synn asks.  Rage lifts his head to glare at the doctor, as they wait to hear the extent of his injury.

"Well," the doctor begins, and immediately Rage knows it's bad. "I'm afraid you've torn your bicep muscle, and there's really no other way to fix it without surgery."

Rage begins shaking his head, completely against that idea. "No...Fuck no!  I've got a match in a few weeks--"

"I'm afraid I can't clear you to wrestle with an injury like this."  The doctor interrupts him, further angering Rage. "You need surgery.  And the sooner, the better."

"Fuck you and that stupid test!  I'm not having some stupid surgery!  I've had enough of this piece of shit hospital."  Rage stands up from the bed, and storms out of the room.  Synn doesn't even bother trying to stop him.  Instead, he looks towards the doctor as politely and calmly as he can.

"I think that means he'd like a second opinion." Synn says.  "I'll handle all the necessary discharge paperwork and prescriptions he might need, so please have someone bring them as soon as possible."

The doctor just nods once, then turns and walks out of the room to get the necessary paperwork started.  Synn waits in the room, alone, as he knows that Rage would not be coming back to the room.  He takes in a deep breath, hoping for the best, but given Rage's current diagnosis, he could be out of action for quite some time, and whether or not surgery is the best option, remains to be seen.

One Week Later...

Just two days after Rage had gone to the emergency room for his arm injury, he had seen a second doctor.  The Sin of Wrath in no way wanted to have surgery, nor did he want to be out of action in SCW for a considerable amount of time, but the second doctor had agreed one hundred percent with the first doctor's diagnosis.  Rage's bicep muscle was torn and he did, indeed, need surgery.  After some huffing and puffing, and a lot of swearing, Synn had managed to get Rage to see reason, and ultimately, he agreed to the surgery, which happened just a few days later.  

That was two days ago.  Now Rage is at home...well, Synn's home, resting and recuperating, while the others help take care of him.  On the last edition of Climax Control, Christian Underwood had made the announcement of Rage's injury, minus the details, and also said the tag team titles he had held with Despayre were now vacated, as Despayre would not choose another partner.  Not surprising, though, as it took a lot of fighting with him to agree to even team with Rage after Gabriel was put out of action.  

Things aren't looking so great for the Seven Deadly Sins it seems, and that...That makes for a grumpier than usual Rage.

"You should be upstairs in bed!  Angel agrees with me!" Despayre runs up to the sofa, where Rage is currently resting while watching some TV.  His arm is heavily bandaged, of course, and he doesn't even bother to look at Despayre.

"I'm comfortable right where I am Despayre."  Rage grunts. "Now, would you move?  You're blocking my view of the TV."

Despayre turns and looks at the TV, then rolls his eyes, obviously not interested in what Rage is watching. "You're going to ruin the sofa you know.  Your legs are hanging way over the edge!"

Rage growls then glares at Despayre. "Well, if that happens, then I'll just buy a new one.  Please...move!"

Despayre takes a step back and frowns. "Geez." He says, heading towards the kitchen. "Someone's happy pills clearly aren't working!" He skips away and disappears into the kitchen, much to Rage's relief.

Rage turns his attention back to the television, and just a few seconds later, he is joined by Synn.  Synn takes one look at Rage and folds his arms, clearly displeased with how Rage is acting.  He walks up to the TV and turns it off, stealing Rage's attention away from whatever show he had been watching.

"What the fuck, Synn?!"  Rage yells, but he barely moves an inch.

"I understand you just had surgery a couple of days ago, and you're not happy about the situation at all, but your attitude with not help the matter one bit." Synn bites back. "The doctor told you that your recovery time isn't exactly set in stone, as it all depends on you, so if you want to get back to the ring, I suggest you cooperate and listen to the doctor's orders.  And try to be a little bit nicer to everyone.  Especially Joshua.  He's just trying to help."

"You think I don't know that, Synn?" Rage slowly pushes himself to a sitting position using his good arm. "Excuse me if I don't make a model patient, especially now.  I'm just a little pissed off."

"You're always pissed off." Synn replies with a laugh.

"I'm extremely pissed off.  People think I'm exaggerating this damn injury or that I'm running scared from Mark Ward and it's making my blood boil." Rage snarls.

"Let them think what they want to think, Rage." Synn says, trying to calm the big man down, even just a bit. "Christian Underwood saw your test results and he spoke to your doctors.  He knows the truth, and everyone else is just trying to upset you, or anger you more.  Clearly it's working, and if you respond to it all, it could set back your recovery.  Don't focus on that right now."

Rage just rolls his eyes, not saying anything.  His pain meds look like they are starting to wear off, as he grimaces just a bit.

"I think it's time for your next pain pill.  I'll have Theresa make your lunch and bring you your medicine." Rage huffs and before Synn disappears into the kitchen he turns to look at Rage.

"Would you like to try and argue with her on this?  If you don't take your meds willingly, I'm sure she is perfectly fine with grinding them and mixing them into your food.  Your choice."  Synn says.

"Yeah, yeah." Rage replies. "Whatever."

Synn shakes his head then disappears into the kitchen.  Rage closes his eyes takes in a deep breath, not looking forward to the weeks and months ahead, but deep down, he knows he has to take everything as it comes.  Because one way or another, he will get back into the ring...