Author Topic: Connor's reaction is saintly  (Read 333 times)

Offline Connor Murphy

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Connor Murphy
Connor's reaction is saintly
« on: April 25, 2014, 11:31:47 PM »
 The sounds of the chorus of “Saints are coming” plays in the dark room as the introduction of Boondock Saints plays on the screen.  Slouched on a couch, a cigarette in his lips and a glass of some vintage of irish whiskey settled on his chest, Connor can only chuckle at the pompous Wrath transcript that Devlin had sent him.  Holding up the paper, he waves it at his friend who is filming him.

“Did ya see what he said Dev,” asks a disbelieving Connor as he drags a long pull on the cigarette before his lips part to release a curl of smoke that circles his head.  “I mean yeah we are like the MacManus brothers but if he honestly thinks it is that kinda of antihero that I am, boy is he in for a surprise.”

Devlin nods.  “I know and that works for you.  I mean seriously thinking he is the second coming and calling us sinners because we like the saints.  I think that he is the one that needs to realize that his quoting of the bible just isn’t the best example to be setting.”

“Yeah, I don’t think that quoting the bible is going to be the thing to make him win matches or the fact that he is backing the losing side in HSI…” begins Connor in a raspy coughing laugh.

“Let’s not let that be the measuring stick we use to beat him down with,” adds Devlin.  “After all he has that oiled up so and so that Christian Underwood keeps eyeing leading the pack of low level talent.”  Devlin turns the camera to face himself and smirks into it.  “I know you are watching this…Hot Stuff,” sneers Devlin.  “My boy Connor is going to lay your bible thumper out.”

Connor laughs.  “And Jaysus will weep big fat tears when I do,” he adds with his lilting irish accent.

“You can’t forget that other guy you are facing,” says Devlin.  “Michael Hardy fella with the funny face paint thing going on.”  Devlin sucks in his cheeks and puts on a sassy voice.  “You know the one, cross between a Degas and a Picasso.”

“I know him,” replies Connor.  “Isn’t he the one that recently got himself a title shot and wasted it on not getting the job done?”

“Guess the question then Connor my good man,” begins Devlin, “are you going to be ready to do this shit on Climax Control?”

Connor only grins cockily as he takes another pull from the cigarette.  “Let’s do some gratuitous violence on the show,” he comments as he reaches over the camera and sends the image to snow as the scene fades out.