Author Topic: International Incident  (Read 400 times)

Offline Max Burke

• GRIME World Nightmare Champion
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
International Incident
« on: April 25, 2014, 09:04:50 PM »
 Last week, it all came together. For weeks, “Hot Stuff” Mark Ward and Max Burke has been promising a reign of terror unlike anything Sin City Wrestling has seen before. Last week, Hot Stuff International stood tall in the ring as it revealed that “The Mental Rapist” Sean Jackson was a member of this impressive contingent. This week, Hot Stuff International will continue its dominance on the ranks of Sin City Wrestling. We open on Max Burke sitting out on the balcony of his hotel in Yamoussoukro. He sips his cup of coffee patiently taking in the scenery. His attire is as casual as it gets. Sporting nothing but a pair of Under Armour shorts he soaks in the early morning sunbeams. Max takes another sip from his cup and sets it down on the small table next to him.

Burke: Isn’t it fitting that our official unveiling was an international incident? Hot Stuff International took center stage last week at Climax Control.  I believe that our big reveal of “The Mental Rapist” Sean Jackson, your ACW champion as the newest signing to the ranks of Hot Stuff International was a thing of beauty. Mr. Jackson wasn’t the latest signing though. No, he’s been our best kept secret for weeks. When Mark and I sat down for that first time Sean was at the top of our list. Sean Jackson is the quintessential professional. Sean Jackson is a veteran of the ring wars. Sean Jackson is a future hall of famer. Sean Jackson is a master at this art form that we call professional wrestling, and he will be a key in the success of Hot Stuff International.

Max picks up a pair of Ray Bans from the table, and slips them on. He picks up his cup of coffee and takes another sip. He sets the cup back down when he is finished, and stretches his arms out wide. His back and shoulders crack when he stretches his arms high over his head. Max rolls his neck cracking it also.

Burke: Ah. That’s better. Last week’s reveal was a thing of beauty, but this week... this week we make a real statement. Hot Stuff International will bring another championship in to our ranks, as my protege Drew Garcia ends the reign of Brother Grimm. Next, Wrath will unleash his devastation on Connor Murphy and will feast on the scraps of Michael Hardy’s carcass.

Max lifts from his seat, pulling himself up by the rail of the balcony. He leans over the edge of the rail, and peers down at the courtyard below. Max smiles as something crosses his mind.

Burke: Finally, “The Mental Rapist”, and “Pro Wrestling’s Pedigree” unite for the main event of the evening. Standing across the ring will be the “King Of Excuses” Kain, and the Sin City Wrestling Heavyweight Champion, Simon Jones. Sean Jackson, and I are going into the Main Event with the utmost of confidence. Why shouldn't we be? Sean and I are on the same page. We are a united front, and will fly the flag of Hot Stuff International with pride. Can you two say the same? Simon, do you really trust him? Do you honestly think that you can trust that pathetic excuse of a human being. Everyone knows that Kain looks out for Kain, and only Kain. You see, this match... this will be my statement. This is my time to make a statement. Ever since I returned from my injury. Ever since My Bloody Valentine, countless people come up to me on the street and ask the same question. It’s always the same. Max, when are you going to get your real shot at the SCW Heavyweight Championship? It’s not just on the streets. I get tweets asking the same thing. Fans on Facebook ask the same. People raved about my showing at My Bloody Valentine. They talked about Max Burke taking his game to a whole new level on that night. They talked about how impressive I was on that night. Yet, where has it gotten me? Where was my true shot?

Max turns around, leans back against the rail of the balcony. He picks up his coffee, and finishes it off. He sets it back down on the table. Max brushes his hair from his eyes. He rolls each wrist sparking a cracking sound from both wrists. Early morning stretches are the best.

Burke: Simon Jones got his shot that he rightfully won, and took advantage by becoming our Heavyweight Champion. I applaud Simon Jones for climbing that mountain, and grasping the gold ring. Well deserved. He is a veteran, and a technician in the squared circle. Ever since, Simon Jones returned to action after a lengthy hiatus I’ve had my eye on a match with him. You see, I’ve been a fan of Simon Jones for a very long time. I was a fan of Jason O’Neil. I was a fan of Ricochet Wrestling, and everything they did for our business. I’m in this business for many reasons. Money... sure. Fame... you bet. But, the main reason I’m in this game is for the competition. I love it. I strive for it. It thrills me. I love that on any given night I can go out there, and put asses in those seats. I can step into that ring, and test my mettle against the best in this business. So, this right here is me calling you out Simon Jones. Let’s make this an international incident in of itself. The best that Canada has to offer against one of Britain’s finest. Sign that contract on the dotted line. You and I for the Sin City Wrestling Heavyweight Championship. It’s what the fans want. More importantly, it’s what I deserve. Do what’s right Jones. Let’s do this. It’s time.