Author Topic: Moving on.  (Read 334 times)

Offline Steve Ramone

• This message has been paid for and delivered by the champ the fa
    • View Profile
    • Steve Ramone
Moving on.
« on: April 07, 2014, 09:29:55 PM »
 Steve and Odette won the Mixed Tag Team Match against Roxi and Jeremiah at Blaze of Glory III but the victory was bittersweet, after the match Steve called out Gabriel challenging him to a match at the end of the African Tour at which point Odette turned on him revealing that it had all been a ruse by Gabriel and Odette.

Outside of claiming on Twitter that Odette will eventually turn on Gabriel as well Steve has been quiet on the subject since Blaze of Glory III but this week on the first show of SCW’s African Tour he was in action taking on Gene Banton Jr., another man who competed in Blast from the Past II whose team was eliminated in Round Two but never faced Steve’s team, can Steve win?

Steve’s hotel room, Marrakech, Morocco
April 7, 2014, 17:00pm

Note to self, next time I’m visiting a former Roman Province do more research into the area!

Why am I saying that? I’m a bit of a major Roman history buff and I know that North Africa was one of its major provinces back in the day with Carthage, now known as Tunisia, as its capital, at the moment I’m at the site of this week’s Climax Control otherwise known as Morocco or Mauretania as it was known back then and I want to go to Tunisia for a day trip, unfortunately for me I severely underestimated the travel time it would take me to get over to Tunisia from Morocco.

To make a long story short, according to Google it will take my twenty three hours and eighteen minutes to get to Tunisia from here, yeah…..

Google didn’t exactly specify if it meant by foot or by car but I’m guessing it meant by car, call me crazy, and whilst I do have a rental car with me I’m going to need a lot of fuel just to make it to Algeria otherwise known as the halfway point, this may seem crazy but don’t forget that back in the GWA I got to fly in a fighter plane so compared to that this is like taking a stroll…….a stroll that’ll take up most of the day.

Yeah, this is why I usually leave my planning for day trips to Charlotte and unfortunately she’s back in New York.

“Okay, so if I leave first thing in the morning, as in around six am…..” I trailed off as I planned my route by way of Google Maps and a bit of math. “I should reach Algeria by the late evening at the latest not counting any traffic, I’ll stop there to get some gas, ask the locals about the fastest route to Tunisia and take it from there.” I muttered to myself as I planned the route, once again this isn’t my strong suit so I’m probably a million miles off the mark but hey, it’s something! “I’m beginning to wish that I had run that risk a few weeks back, at least Charlotte could help me with this trip!”

“Steve, are you in there?” A familiar voice rang out and I frowned, it was Cyrus and I was wondering just what the hell he was doing here since we weren’t on speaking terms. “It’s about Gabriel.” Okay, that caught my attention.

“Come in.” I responded and the door opened revealing the massive ex-military man who quickly entered the room. “What do you want Cyrus? You know we haven’t been on speaking terms since our Blast from the Past Tournament match.”

“I figured you’d be okay with Odette on your side, boy was I wrong.” Cyrus admitted and we shook our heads at around the same time. “I know you two weren’t speaking much outside of planning your strategies but it seemed like a productive partnership to me.”

“What gave that away? The fact that the only reason we weren’t in the Blast from the Past II finals was because we got screwed?” I asked and Cyrus nodded. “I still say Drew needs his eyes tested.”

“The same can be said for all wrestling referees.” Cyrus responded and I nodded in agreement before he spotted what was on my screen. “Planning a trip?”

“Yep, all the way to Tunisia.” I responded with a frown. “Only reason I’m not there right now is because I suck at planning day trips and before you ask I usually leave that to Charlotte.”

“And she’s in New York.” Cyrus responded and I nodded. “What are your plans so far?” Cyrus asked and I laid out my plans for the next few minutes, once I was done he nodded. “Are you sure it takes 23hrs, eighteen minutes?”

“Look at this printout I did.” I said as I handed him a printed out printscreen of the route. “That was about twenty minutes ago and yeah, I’ve refreshed it since then!”

“No change?” Cyrus asked and I nodded. “Why do you want to go there anyway?”

“Roman times, that was Carthage WAY back in the day.” I responded and he paused for a moment. “You know, The Punic Wars?”

“Ah yeah, my dad told me about those wars.” Cyrus remembered as he shook his head. “You know what? I’m not doing anything this week! I’ll come with you!”

“Thanks but there’s no room for a 6ft 8 ex-marine who hasn’t won a single match in SCW.” I responded and Cyrus went on to point out a faster route. “Okay, you win, what’s the catch?”

“You buy me and Miranda dinner when we reach Tunisia.” Cyrus responded after thinking for a moment and I nodded. “I’m off to tell Miranda the news and we both know you have a promo to do.” Cyrus said before he went to leave. “By the way, you think you were hurt by Odette’s betrayal?”

“Think? I know I was hurt by it!” I responded as I turned to him. “What off it?”

“I didn’t mean physically I meant emotionally.” Cyrus responded as he glanced over his shoulder at me. “All I’m going to say is this, a certain metal head bombshell that recently announced her engagement and happens to be a fan of yours wants to chat with you as soon as possible.” Cyrus added before leaving and I quickly got the idea, once I made sure the door was locked I started in my promo.

“Blaze of Glory III was meant to be my chance to shine! To show the world what would’ve happened if Delia hadn’t screwed yet another team of out a victory, it showed that all right! We won the match after I superkicked Hardin’s head into the cheapseats but then Odette…..do I even need to finish that sentence? Anyone watching this promo right now knows what went down at Blaze of Glory III! Gabriel will get what’s coming to him at the end of the tour but this week I’m fighting in my first singles match since I entered the tournament against another tournament participant Gene Banton Jr.”

He won’t look so golden after the match.

“Normally this would be a great match between two great athletes hungry to advance their careers, notice that I said “normally”, unfortunately for you Gene you are facing a man who was recently on the receiving end of being betrayed by a certain bitch from Down Under who I’m sure will betray her new boyfriend eventually! What does that mean for you?”

It means one simple thing.

“What it means for you Gene is that you will be in for the beating of a life-time! I’m sure your old man’s training was tough but I’m about to put you through the school of hard knocks by showing you just what happens when you face a guy with anger issues stemming from a recent betrayal and at the end of the class all you’ll be left with is bumps, bruises, a bruised ego and last but not least a loss on your win/loss record!”

And that’s if he’s lucky.

“You know, I’ve met a lot of second generation wrestlers in the seven years that I’ve spent as a pro and do you know what the main problem with them seems to be? The legacy that they have to live up to! Some second generation wrestlers create their own identity to the point where you wouldn’t even guess that the deranged hillbilly/cult leader is the son of a taxman, those family reunions must be fun, whilst others just copy their parent’s stitch, those are the guys who don’t tend to last long and from what I’ve seen you’ve been riding your dad’s coattails since day one!”

But can he break free!

“I guess the real question here is can you break that curse? I don’t think so! Hell you even have your old man at ringside for your matches! I’m extending this little challenge to you Gene! Can you win a match without your daddy’s help? If you can you’ll earn my respect, if you can’t, or try to cheat and end up running into my foot, I’ll win the match so what’s it going to be? And by the way, from what I’ve seen you’re doing a very poor job of living up to daddy’s legacy!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“I don’t normally say feel sorry for my opponent this week but it fits here! For all his arrogance Gene is a talented kid and once he breaks free off his dad’s shadow I’m sure that he can go on to great things! Unfortunately as long as he remains within daddy’s shadow then he’ll continue to get his ass kicked whilst learning that there’s no one to fear but fear itself and no one to fear but “The Fearless One” Steve Ramone!”

I left my hotel room to pay Jessie a visit as the scene fades.
user posted image