Author Topic: We're on our way to Wembley!  (Read 358 times)

Offline Ben Jordan

• View Profile
We're on our way to Wembley!
« on: March 13, 2014, 12:46:40 PM »
 Confused by the title? Yes, me too. Ben did give me a whole lot of stuff to say to explain things. *ahem* Wembley, the home of British football. Where the international side play to disappoint fans in big games, but more importantly, where Joe Everybody wishes they can see their team play just once. There's only a few ways to be a league side and get to Wembley, getting to any English competition cup final, a play off final and the recently added F.A Cup semi finals now. So now why are we sitting here taking about a football cup final or semi, when we are a wrestling company. I'll let Ben explain....

Ben Jordan's face appears on the screen. Ben clears his throat as he smiles.

Ben: I know a lot of you lovely people won't understand what this feels like, but this week, I'm facing Simon Jones, SCW's heavyweight champion, and that my friends, is my cup final. I know there's no title on the line, but Jonesy is the champion for a reason. He's the best at the moment and like when Millwall got to the cup final many years ago, he is Manchester United, the best in the country at the time, I'm a plucky little London team, this Sunday is my cup final. You know what I mean Jonesy.

Inside the home of Ben Jordan.

A football rolls in to the living room, quickly followed by a charging Ben Jordan, dressed in combat shorts and a Millwall FC shirt. Ben runs towards the ball, using the schoolyard method of adding your own commentary.

Ben: It's Jordan, he steps over the ball once.

Ben steps over the ball.

Ben: He does it twice.

Ben uses his other foot to step over the ball.

Ben: He knocks it past the defender.

Ben knocks the ball past the sofa in the room, darting to the left.

Ben: He shoots with his left.

Ben hits the ball left footed, sending it flying through a door on the right of the room. A huge crash can be heard in the other room.

Ben: HE SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORES! What a finish!

Ben pulls the Millwall shirt over his head, a celebration made famous by white haired Italian striker, Fabrizio Ravanelli. Ben drops to his knees in celebration, with his head still covered, but the ball somehow manages to hit him in the face.

Ben: OOF! Bloody hell!

Ben pulls the shirt down from his face to see Emma Rose staring at him, an unimpressed look upon her face.

Ben: Red card ref! Violent conduct going on here!

Emma holds the ball in her hand, looking down at Ben on his knees.

Ben: What kind of goalkeeper throws the ball in the nippy little strikers face after he scores a wonder goal with his weaker foot? Poor sportsmanship darling.

Emma throws the ball at Ben's head again, hitting him on the forehead and bouncing back to her hands.

Emma: Get up, you fool.

Ben puts out his lower lip and stands up.

Emma: With a garden out there, and a park across the road, why would you want to play football in the house?

Ben stands up straight and looks at Emma.

Ben: Because the sofa has four legs, right?

Emma: Right?

Ben: So that's two defenders I can dribble past.

Emma rolls her eyes at Ben.

Ben: And there's a couple of chairs in here too. So I have a whole team of defenders here to beat.

Emma: But they don't move.

Ben: Neither does the Millwall defense but they still play.

Emma throws the ball at Ben, who catches it on his chest and controls it. He pulls his foot back.

Emma: Stop!

Ben: But...

Emma: Just stop.

Ben looks disappointed.

Ben: But Emz.

Emma: No.

Ben: In that case....

Ben moves towards Emma, lifting her up and laying her on the sofa. Emma wraps her arms around Ben's neck as he kneels beside her.

Emma: Can't I call a fail.

Ben: Hardly touched ya.... yet.

Emma: I'll be giving you a card in a minute.

Ben: Hope it's a thank you card.

Emma playfully hits Ben in the chest as he winks.

Emma: Get off me, I got way too much to do.

Ben kisses Emma on both cheeks and the forehead before standing up and looking at the young Kiwi.

Ben: You're no fun.

Emma: You must have better things to do, then kick a ball around the house.

Ben looks Emma up and down.

Ben: I do.

He smiles and winks

Ben: But you won't let me.

Emma shakes her head at Ben.

Ben: Ok, if you want me to do something better, might have to do my promo for Jonesy for this Sunday.

Emma's eyes open widely.

Emma: Instead of the freezing thing, how about I just leave the room this time.

Ben: Where's the fun in that?

Emma puts her hand up but Ben clicks his fingers and the scene freezes. Ben leans in and kisses Emma's hand.

Ben: Right, I know this whole thing has been very football themed today, but there's reasons for it. See, way back in ACW, me and my opponent for Sunday, Simon Jones, we bonded a little over the beautiful game, both our teams and pissing away the season near the bottom of the championship, but lets not talk too much about that.

Ben puts his foot on the nearby football.

Ben: Before I get too much in to this football stuff. I know Brandi is the ring. That bird can drink, when Emz brought her and Odette back here, my beer disappeared like a thief in the night, but gotta leave the Brandi talk to Song, but girl, you owe me a beer or twelve.

Ben flicks the ball up on his foot.

Ben: Anyway, making a big deal about football, and here's the reason. Football is a game that unites the world, and it certainly gave me and Jonesy something to talk about while freezing our bollocks off in Canada. Now with football, there's something special about the F.A Cup final. Something about going to Wembley after a long season, that's what people want. As a Millwall fan, might as well be our second home, been there a lot over the past few years, and you never forget that feeling you get on the day you wake up when ya going to Wembley. You never forget that buzz and it's bloody hard to match again. You struggle to sleep the night before, you get the butterflies whenever you think about it. You dream of celebrating a win with thousands of strangers. You pray that the winning goal is coming off the boot of your striker. You get up after a couple of hours sleep, you nervously try to eat, but you can't. You're looking at your watch constantly waiting for the time you're meeting your friends. Twenty minutes before you meet them in the local boozer, you're out there door. You turn up early, but they're just as bad, they're already there. You talk to the locals "Hey, off to Wembley son? Fancy you to win today". You nervously put a pint down ya neck and you get on that train, the Jubilee line all the way from Canary Wharf to Wembley Park. You walk out that station and you look at the sea of blue and white singing No One Likes Us, We Don't Care. At that moment, you get a buzz like never before.

Ben flicks the ball in the air and catches it.

Ben: That is exactly how I'm gonna be when I take on Simon Jones this week.

Ben tosses the ball in the air and catches it.

Ben: This is my cup final at Wembley. Simon Jones is the man right now, the top geezer, and I get to take him on. I get to test myself against the best in SCW right now and I'm gonna be going through all those emotions, I'm gonna be looking forward to it, and ready to go on a grand stage.

Ben breathes deeply

Ben: It's gonna be a big occasion and I wanna have that underdog story.

Ben again throws the ball in the air and catches it.

Ben: It's gonna be a match that people are gonna remember and talk about years later

Ben drops the ball on to his knee and bounces it back towards himself, catching it with both hands.

Ben: And just like a trip to Wembley, I'm gonna be sitting in that dressing room, turning all these emotions in to a winning mentality. I'm looking for the win on the big stage against the best.

Ben squeezes the ball between his hands.

Ben: I know what it means to be in the winning side of the stadium and on the losing side too, I don't wanna repeat the losing side again.

Ben puts the ball under his arm.

Ben: Walking down that aisle on Sunday as the underdog, will be like walking down Wembley Way, yeah, I'm still old school, not buying this Olympic Way crap. The bottom of the entrance ramp is the ramps up towards the ground, the ring is our stadium, and having been there four times with Millwall, and only came out celebrating once, I wanna be celebrating at the end of this night too Jonesy. I don't want that disappointing feeling coming out of the stadium I've had to endure in the past, I want that feeling when Paul Robinson puts the ball past the Swindon keeper and the stadium goes mental. When the refs hand hits the canvas for the third time with me on top, that will be the Robinson moment. That will be when the whole of Wembley erupts, that's when I will know I'll be walking up those steps and lifting that trophy and screaming like teenagers at a One Direction gig. See that's the feeling I want Jonesy. That's what's gonna drive me through. I know a lot of others haven't got a clue what I've been rambling about today, but I know you get it. This is our cup final and I wanna be in the team at the end of it dancing around Wembley and wasting champagne. Can't wait mate, really can't. Anyway, time for me to get going. Have a cracking day all, Jonesy, see you on the pitch son.

Ben winks at the camera.

Ben: Laters people.

The scene fades out.
>

Cockney King.
SCW World Heavyweight Champion
SCW Internet Champion
SCW Roulette Champion
SCW Tag Team Champion (3x)
SCU Underground champion
ACW's only Triple Crown Champion.
Super J Cup Winner 2013.