Author Topic: Pfft... fog. Are you kiddin' me!?  (Read 379 times)

Offline Max Burke

• GRIME World Nightmare Champion
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
Pfft... fog. Are you kiddin' me!?
« on: November 01, 2013, 08:05:40 PM »
 Sunday October 27th
Max Burke's Home- New Brunswick, Canada

[Max and Ruby are plunked on the sofa with Max's laptop. Max is multitasking with a replay of Climax Control running as he checks his email. Max is obviously agitated and distracted in comparison to Ruby who is intently focused on the action.]

Max: Why are we watching this again? I still can't believe they cancelled the flights because of a little fog.

Ruby: Little? It's as thick as Guinness out there.

Max: Get a local guy behind the controls, and we wouldn't have to be having this conversation. Little bit of fog, and let's SHUT DOWN THE WORLD!!!!! Gasp.

Ruby: Smartass. Relax, and just enjoy the show.

Max: There's the pot calling the kettle black. You're wound tight as hell.

Ruby: Well...

Max: Well, nothing. I just heard from Mark. He's got Thatcher and I rebooked for next week's show at Club LAX. I rescheduled my flight for Thursday. Any idea why Misty wants you to fly in early?

Ruby: None whatsoever. I don't even know why I am even entertaining the ideas of this. She's changed.

Max: That's obvious. You need to go find out what she has up her sleeve. I don't buy this Misty's turned over a new leaf bs. She's the Queen afterall. I just don't buy it one bit.

Thursday October 31st
McCarran International Airport- Las Vegas

[Max is seen sitting in the arrival area of McCarran International Airport. He taps his foot anxiously as he dials Ruby quickly. He looks to his left at an old fart who is coughing over and over again, failing to cover his mouth. Max grimaces as the phone rings over and over. It goes to voicemail.]

Max: Hey, where you at? Well, come on. I just landed. Tell Misty to get her arse over here. I got some jabroni coughing and sneezing next to me. I'm trying to avoid this chump like the plague, but I'm going to catch the plague if I'm here much longer.

Sunday November 3rd
Club LAX- Before Climax Control

[Ruby takes a seat next to Max. She rubs his knee gently as he laces up his boots.]

Ruby: So, thoughts on the outfits?

Max: Definitely number four for the match. The other three... hours of entertainment later.

[Ruby taps his knee, and smiles. She shakes her head at Max.]

Ruby: Hush.

Max: You know it's true. You handle your business. I'll handle mine with Rex. Then we'll celebrate... all night long.

[Max gives her a quick wink, and a peck on her hand. Ruby blushes slightly.]

Ruby: Focus.

Max: I am. Rex is a broken man. He quit because of an injury. He dropped off the damn face of the planet, leaving Mark high and dry. He can claim that he never lost the Roulette Championship, but the truth of the matter is that Thatcher Rex couldn't handle the pressure of being a champion in the premier wrestling company in the world. Plain and simple. He couldn't hack it.

Ruby: No matter. He's still dangerous. Be careful.

Max: I've got this. You just go out there and whip some ass. Show everyone what Misty and I see in you. You are the true prodigy in this company. Those girls have nothing against a real woman, and a real wrestling professional. We've trained for this. Tonight, you make a debut that will be remembered for years to come. You've got this babe.

Ruby: I've got to go. I'm up soon. I'll see you soon.

[Ruby gets to her feet, and heads out of their locker room to get ready for her match. Max finishes up the lacing of his boots.]