Author Topic: Time To Face The Music!  (Read 390 times)

Offline Max Burke

• GRIME World Nightmare Champion
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
Time To Face The Music!
« on: July 05, 2013, 10:47:08 PM »
 [Summer has definitely hit the maritimes. Over the past week the high across the members has been 35 degrees, or 95 for our American viewers. The humidity is the killer. Everywhere you turn you see people who love it, and a good amount who hate it... including the man with the persistent chip on his shoulder, “Pro Wrestling’s Pedigree” Max Burke. The star of our show, Max Burke is home visiting his parents, and of course a visit home means a training session with his uncle Ben. Needless to say Max is in a piss poor mood as he thinks of the grueling training session that is to come with his Uncle Ben. It’s noon currently on Friday afternoon. Max pulls up to his uncle’s house in his dad’s Mustang convertible. The top is dropped, Max’s hair is blowing in the breeze as he speeds down the long driveway that leads to the home of Benjamin Burke, Max’s mentor and uncle. Max drives around to the back where Ben’s ring is set up. He screeches to a halt just feet from the ring. Ben looks away from the two trainees currently tussling in his ring and waves to his nephew.]

BEN: MAX! Be careful! Watch what you’re doing!

MAX: Hello to you too! Quit worrying oldtimer.

[Max shoots a devious wink and smirk at his aggravated uncle. He pops out of the car quickly and grabs his gear bag from the passenger seat. He tosses the bag next to the ring, and pulls himself by the second rope to the ring apron. He makes his way over to the corner, leans against the post, and gives his uncle a slap on the back. Uncle Ben in an unconventional lighter moment, messes up his nephew’s hair and gives him a playful shove.]

MAX: Do we seriously have to do this out here today? It’s fuckin’ 35 Ben. You’re going to send someone to the hospital.

[Ben looks at his nephew with what can only be described as a combination of amusement and disgust.]

BEN: Suck it up princess, and get your gear on. Drink your water, and you’ll be fine. If you puke... even better. Just drink more water, and keep going. Go!

MAX: Ok... OK!

[Ben gives his bitchy nephew another playful shove off the ring apron. Max hops down, retrieves his gear bag, and heads into the house to change. He returns a few minutes later dressed in his ArmourStretch ® HeatGear ® Short Sleeve shirt, HeatGear ® Sonic Long Compression Shorts, and Under Armour ® Cam Highlight Training Shoes. Ben looks at his nephew decked out from top to bottom in Under Armour ® and makes a reasonable deduction. ]

BEN: New sponsorship kiddo?

[Max smiles as he hops up on the ring apron. He slingshots over the top rope and lands light on his feet as a cat on the ring apron. A couple of the trainees come up to Max, and shake his hand in a show of respect.]

MAX: Yep. Inked it last week, and they are already hooking me up. They’re designing some new ring gear exclusively for me too. They wanted Pro Wrestling’s Pedigree as the new face of Under Armour ® and who can blame them? Just look at me. Just fuckin’ look at me.

[Ben shakes his head at the boasting of his nephew. He takes a drink from the bottle of water he has sitting on the apron in the corner. He grabs the towel off the ringpost, and mops the sweat from his brow. Max takes a few moments to stretch and warmup during the break in the session. The other trainees grab some water also while Max warms up. Max gives a thumbs up to his uncle.]

BEN: Ready to go? Ok superstar. You came here for a reason.

MAX: Yep... Kain.

[Max grits his teeth as he speaks his name. Kain is the one that is responsible for taking Max out. Besides Aleksei Koji, Kain is the one responsible for the injury that sidelined Max Burke. He is truly the one that Max seeks vengeance on.]

MAX: That egotistical, overrated piece of shit, has to face the music this week. He has no idea what he’s walking into on Sunday. He really doesn’t have a fuckin’ clue.

[Max locks up with one of the trainees, and quickly flips him over with a headlock takeover. He adjusts the positioning of the arm under the neck of the poor practice dummy, adjusts his grip and tightens up the hold. The trainee makes a feeble attempt to break free. Beads of sweat become more prominent on Max’s victim’s brow. A few beads start to slowly cascade down across the reddened face of the student.]

BEN: You’ve got the Main Event this week. It’s time to shine like you did at Into The Void against Aleksei. You opened a lot of eyes that night. I think people are reluctantly impressed with the new and improved Max Burke.

MAX: They should be!

[The student struggles for another minute, realizes it is hopeless to break free, and quickly taps. Unfortunately Max is caught up in the moment, visualizing the goofy ass haircut that Kain has. Visualizing the smug as shit look that is always etched on the triple bagger face of the King of his own fuckin world. Max squeezes even tighter, and the kid’s face turns a bright combination of red and purple as the circulation and oxygen is cut off to the brain. Uncle Ben steps up to Max from behind and places a firm hand on his shoulder, breaking Max from his trance. Max releases the headlock.]

MAX: Sorry man.

[The student coughs violently as Max pats him on the shoulder. Ben offers a bottle of water to the student and pours a bit over his head.]

BEN: You ok?

[The trainee takes a long swig from the water, and gives a tentative thumbs up to his trainer. Ben gives him another pat on the back.]

BEN: I think that’s enough for today guys. Get on out of here.

MAX: Sorry about that again man. Want an autograph from your hero?

[Ben shoots a disapproving look at his nephew.]

MAX: What? What I’d say?

BEN: Get out of here guys. Go to the beach, and cool off.

[The trainees shake hands with Uncle Ben, and Max before exiting the ring. Ben tosses Max a bottle of water from his cooler, and motions for him to take a seat.]

BEN: Have a seat Max. Let’s talk.

MAX: Thanks. Fine, let’s talk.

[Max cracks open the bottle of water, and takes a long haul downing half the bottle. He screws the cap back on, and sets it on the mat.]

BEN: So, what do you got planned for Sunday?

MAX: Well, it’s a mixed tag, and Roulette Rules to boot, so who knows what the stipulation is going to be. Necra’s goin’ to slaughter Mercedes. She’s got that handled no problem. My focus is 100% on Kain, and showing him how to truly break someone. He thought he got rid of me. Payback’s a bitch. He thinks he’s this badass martial artist with all of his flippy floppy kicks. He’s got to deal with a royally pissed off Canuck shooter. I’m going after his fuckin’ knee. He thinks it was bad before. He’ll be going for surgery on Monday morning. He took this way too far over the course of our little feud. He stepped over the line, and I’m sick of his shit. I’m goin’ into hurt him. Fuck entertainment. Fuck ratings. I don’t give a shit. It’s time for that egotistical bully to get a taste of his own medicine. Sunday, I’m opening his eyes to his future. First, I’m going to hurt him... then, I’m taking his title.

[Ben can read the emotion over Max’s face. The rage is seeping from Max’s pores. Ben gets up to his feet, and offers a hand to his nephew. Max takes it, and gets back to his feet.]

BEN: Don’t let the emotions hinder your focus. Kain is dangerous, we both know that. That said, you’re more dangerous than Kain. I haven’t seen that look in your eyes before kid. Use it, but control it. It’s your key weapon right now.

MAX: Trust me, I won’t lose focus Uncle Ben. I’m 100% focused on injuring Kain. He tried to take away my livelihood. He tried to take away the only thing I truly love. I’m finishing him. This is only the beginning. I’m taking everything away from him. Thanks for the pep talk though. You know I owe everything to you Uncle Ben. Sunday, I put all of those years of the pain, blood, sweat, tears, screams of agony to good use.

[Max gives his uncle a strong hug, but releases it quickly.]

BEN: Anytime Max. Let’s go get something to eat. It’s too damn hot for this shit today.

MAX: Finally!

[Max and Ben leave the ring, hop into the Mustang. Max starts up the car, revs the engine and couple of times and takes off.]