Author Topic: Out To Win  (Read 1356 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
Out To Win
« on: May 15, 2013, 07:42:32 PM »
 OOC: Too lazy to code this again...If you want to see it coded, go read it on the NWA boards lol

Sunday May 12th

Silence.  That is all you hear between myself and my disciples right now, and why?  Because they did what I have specifically asked them not to on several occasions when they interfered in my match!  I'm more furious with Ruby, however, and she knows it.  She's been glancing at me off an on since the end of Climax Control, and I know she is well aware of what is waiting for her when we get back home a short while from now.  The Brother's haven't said much since my match either, but I know their distraction tonight was more to give me a few seconds to get back to my feet.  Not that it would have mattered to Roxi Johnson at all, because I would have defeated her regardless, but what Ruby did was absolutely inexcusable!  I don't know why she somehow has it in her head that I need her assistance winning a match, because I don't.

I can only imagine what is going through her mind right now as we are driving back to our home from the airport.  Ruby has her head bowed, and she isn't looking at me, at least not that I can tell.  I can't read her facial expression, either, but the tension in the van is clear.  The shame she feels over deliberately disobeying me is evident, and I keep my eyes locked on her, waiting for her to lift her own eyes to look at me.  But she doesn't.  She keeps her head bowed and remains silent for the duration of the ride home, and it is Damien who finally breaks the long awkward silence between the entire group, though it is not about the current situation.

"Should we stop and get a bite to eat, my Queen?" He glances at me in the rearview mirror, and I glare at his reflection.  He quickly looks back to the road ahead of him.

"No." I snap back quickly. "If any of you wants anything to eat you can wait until we get home.  Do not stop this van until we are home."

I can see Ruby quickly look at me from the corner of her eyes, but she looks away just as quickly.  Damien nods and does as he is told and continues to drive.  Ruby bites her bottom lip nervously as her impending punishment grows closer.  Being the gentle voice of reason that he is, Sebastian clears his throat, trying to ease some of the tension between Ruby and I.

"Can I just say that you had a spectacular match tonight, my Queen?" He says, not realizing the topic he has chosen is the sore spot of the evening. "I think I speak for my brothers when I say we are very proud of your performance tonight.  Impressive as always."

"I am glad you realize that, Sebastian." I practically spit the words out as I keep my eyes locked on Ruby.  She flinches slightly, knowing very well that I am referencing her apparent lack of faith in me. "After all, why would I fail now after I've defeated anyone who has stood before me these last seven months?"

Dante and Zane exchange an awkward glance to one another, and then they look to Ruby.  They, too, know I am not happy with her.  Normally I would address her, but I'm saving it all, because it is the only way she will learn her lesson.  

"Forgive me if that is how it came across, my Queen.  I did not intend for you to think any of us would think you would be anything but successful.  We all know there is not one woman who has been able to defeat you."  He says with great pride.

"Except Odette Ryder."

Ruby finally, and surprisingly breaks her silence, and immediately I am wishing she hadn't.  I take in a long drawn out breath and flare my nostrils out as I glare at her.  Rage consumes my every thought, and it takes every ounce of self-control to hold myself back from ripping Ruby's dual colored hair right off her disobedient little head, and she still doesn't look at me.

"Ruby--" Zane attempts to scold her, but I snap my fingers, and he goes silent.  

"Someone is very disrespectful this evening," I say rather calmly.  Zane and Sebastian look at the both of us, specifically Ruby, completely baffled with her behavior.  

"But I speak the truth." Ruby says as she slowly raises her head and turns to look at me. "Whether you like it or not, that woman defeated you not once, but twice.  I mean no disrespect at all, my Queen."

"The hell you don't!"

I'm quickly cut off as Damien pulls the van into the garage leading to our home.  He puts it in park, then cuts the engine off, and turns around to look at the both of us and address the situation.

"Perhaps we should discuss this in the--"

"Silence, Damien!" I hold up my hand and shout at him, and he doesn't speak another word.  "Brothers, you may head upstairs now.  I need to have a private discussion with Ruby."

The Brothers look around at one another, but they do not try and go against my order.  They exit the van, one by one and head inside, leaving me and Ruby alone.  I glare at Ruby for a long while, thinking my words over wisely, before I, too, exit the van.  She turns and looks at me, shocked, but I keep the door open for her and she takes the hint.  She slowly steps out of the van, stopping next to me obediently, for once tonight, and I slam the door shut.  

"Downstairs.  Training facility.  Now." I say in a low, maniacal tone.

Ruby nods and bows her head once in her display of respect and obedience and she walks in front of me.  We head inside, taking the stairs to the basement below where my training facility is set up.  When she steps through the double doors, I fumble around for the light switches and flip them on.  Ruby stands where she is quietly, waiting for her punishment that is upon her.

"Get in the ring." I order her once again, pointing to my personal wrestling ring the Brother's had built for me.

Ruby nods again and slowly walks towards the ring, and I can tell she is not sure what to expect.  Hell, I am not one hundred percent sure what I intend to do, but one thing is clear.  After tonight, Ruby will not defy me again.  She would be stupid to do so.

She walks up the steps and enters the ring stepping under the second rope and walks to the center of the ring.  I follow behind her, watching her intently, debating my next move.  I step in front of her, placing my index finger on her chin and lift her head to make eye contact.  Ruby is breathing calmly, not showing an ounce of fear.  I look at her for a moment before I slap her hard across her face, sending her head swinging to the side.  

"On...your...knees!"

Ruby immediately does as she is told and kneels before me.  She doesn't display an ounce of pain or anguish over my vicious slap.  She keeps her head bowed in silence as I stand in front of her, looking down at her.

"Why, Ruby?" I ask to her surprise. "Why have you defied me so tonight?"

She attempts to lift her head to look at me, but I immediately stop her.

"Don't you DARE look at me, Ruby." I practically spit venom. "After your behavior tonight, you will be lucky if I EVER let you look at me again!  Tell me something, Ruby.  When I was facing Roxi Johnson tonight, did it ever cross your mind that she would actually defeat me?  Did you ever, for one second, think that I would actually lose?"  I say as I never so much as take a single step away from her, but she doesn't respond.

"ANSWER ME!"

"No, my Queen.  Of course not!" She replies quickly.

"You're lying." I reply. "Why else would you do what you did?  What drove you to take MY Bombshell title and strike Roxi Johnson over the head with it?"

"Forgive me, my Queen." She says. "I did not take such action because I thought you were going to lose.  I didn't do it to help you win."

"Then quit wasting my time and tell me why you fucking did it!" I continue to yell at her, growing more and more frustrated.  She defies me once again by looking at me, though this time, I let her, because I can see the pleading look in her eyes.

"I did what I thought you would do, my Queen.  She wants to take your title away!  She wants it for herself!  I showed her that THAT is as close as she will ever get to your title, because she will never take it from you!  She wanted a taste of gold and she got it for just a moment." Ruby says seriously as she defends her actions.  I stare at her for a few moments, trying to see any hint of a lie, but I don't find one.  She keeps her eyes locked on me, unwavering in her explanation.

I kneel down to get eye level with her, but I remain calm as I ask, "Do you understand what people think when you do things like that, Ruby?  I didn't ask for your help, but I can guarantee you that after this, people will be thinking that I did.  THEY are the ones who feel that I can't win without your or the Brothers interfering on my behalf, and after shit like tonight, it is damn near impossible to make them see the truth!"

Regret soon washes over Ruby's face as she shakes her head. "And for that I sincerely apologize, my Queen.  But, they are going to think what they want to think, regardless!  Our presence alone causes people to feel that way."

"Yes, but when you start interfering Ruby, it causes an even bigger problem!" I growl as I grab a hold of her face. "Look into my eyes, Ruby.  Remember this look, because if you pull anything like this again, your punishment will be much more severe.  Who knows, if it happens again, I may just decided to banish you completely!"

Ruby shakes her head furiously, and her eye well up with tears. "No, my Queen.  Please do not banish me!  I swear to you it will not happen again.  I swear on my life, it will never happen again.  I will not do anything without your specific orders to do so."  She bows her head again and starts shaking nervously after my threat to banish her.

I get back to my feet and fold my arms across my chest as I look down at her and take in a deep breath. "Hopefully you will not try my patience with you further, Ruby."

Just then the double doors swing open and Dante appears, and he is holding my phone.  I must have left it in my bag earlier, and he is holding it out to me.

"Forgive me for interrupting, my Queen, but you have a phone call.  I was putting your bag in your room and heard it ringing.  I hope you don't mind I answered."

Of course I mind, but I shake my head no. "That is fine, Dante.  Who is it?"

"Giani Di Luca." He says, quickly looking to Ruby.  It is no secret she is not very fond of Giani, but I do not need their permission to speak with him.  I leave the ring, with Ruby following behind me and walk up to Dante, taking my phone.

"Thank you, Dante.  You can go now." I turn and look at Ruby. "Ruby you may go with him.  I shouldn't be long."

They both bow their heads once, before Ruby walks past me, joining Dante at his side and they soon disappear through the double doors and head back upstairs.  I get a bit of a smile as I raise my phone to my ear.

"Hello, Mr. Di Luca.  Didn't we just see each other a few hours ago?...Unfortunately I'm not still in California.  We've been home in Vegas for a short while...You couldn't extend this offer earlier?...I'd be delighted to, but I will have to book a flight tomorrow...Of course.  How could I forget your private jet?...Sounds like a plan to me.  Just give me a call tomorrow and let me know what time to be at the airport...Don't worry about that, I will leave them here.  I could use a bit of a break from them, honestly...Looking forward to it, Giani.  See you then."  I then end the call with a grin.  I never imagined myself associating with someone like Giani, but I have to admit, he's kinda growing on me in a way.  Besides, our relationship is strictly plutonic, and that is how it will remain.  

I head over and flip the light switches off once again and I walk through the double doors, making my way upstairs.  Looks like I will be spending the next couple of hours, packing my bags yet again, but it will all be worth it tomorrow.  A few days away could do me some good after all.

Monday May 13th
The Flight to New Jersey

I have to admit, it's a strange feeling not having Ruby or the Brothers with me at the moment, and it will be even stranger to be without them for the next few days.  After my phone call with Giani last night, I informed each of them that I would be traveling to New Jersey for a few days, alone, and I could tell that none of them were rather excited about the idea, but they did not argue.  Even Ruby, and I could tell how particularly trying it was for her to agree to let me go alone.  Damien and the Brothers had made me agree to check in with them from time to time to ensure that I was alright, and I gave them that much.  After all, they've been looking after me for almost a year now, so I can't deny them that.

So here I sit aboard Giani Di Luca's private jet, and he is sitting in the seat across from me, facing me.  James Huntington Hawkes, the third, is a safe distance away from us, and I can feel his disgusted glare aimed right at the back of my head.  We are waiting for the jet to take off again, but have to wait as it finishes refueling.  I can see Giani eyeing me up and down, but he remains silent with that cocky grin of his plastered all over his face.  I shake my head with a laugh and look at him curiously.

"Care to fill me in on just what is going through that mind of yours, Mr. Di Luca?" I ask, crossing my right leg over my left very slowly. "Or do I need to start guessing?"

"No need to be so formal, my queen," he says. "Please call me Giani...or Papi.  Whichever you prefer, of course."

I laugh and roll my eyes. "Forgive me...I'll just stick with Giani, and I'll give you permission to skip the 'my queen' thing, as you are a more than a disciple of course.  Now, are you going to answer my question?"

"You're one tough woman to figure out, you know that?" He replies, glancing down to my chest.  Silly me made the mistake of wearing one of my signature corsets today.

I snap my fingers and point to my face. "Hey, my eyes are up here, Giani.  And tough to figure out, how exactly?  I've got nothing to hide, you know."

He nods slowly and just as he is about to say something, I hold my hand up and stop him, as I remember something from his promo for SCW last week.  "Hold on just a moment, Giani.  This doesn't have to do with that comment you made about me supposedly being a lesbian, does it?  You do realize how absurd that sounds, right?"

He shrugs his shoulders and says, "C'mon!  To resist this, it's the only thing that makes sense!  And the way that redheaded pet of yours kept eyeballin' my shit, I thought maybe....ya know." He bumps his knuckles together.

"So let me get this straight." I say, sitting forward as I stare at him. "You assume that I am a lesbian, simply for the fact that I am not returning your blatant advances towards me?  Correct me if I am wrong, Giani, but I thought we made a business arrangement?"

He shrugs again and leans forward also, wearing that signature cocky Giani smirk of his. "Who says you can't mix business with pleasure?"

I nod and place my hand on his chest.  Even through that fitted muscle t-shirt, I can feel his chiseled frame.  He grins again and I shove him back playfully. "Touche, Giani.  But tell me just why I should mix business with pleasure when, to this day, you're very outspoken and opinionated about my precious pale skin...among other things."

He sighs when I ignore his advances yet again. "I can't tell ya why, but I feel drawn to ya.  They say opposites attract, but damn..."

"Interesting situation we find ourselves in then, it seems." I say, leaning back in my seat again.  I surprise myself as I let myself give him a rather seductive look.  

"It seems so." He replies. "The only question left now is, what should be done about it?"

I giggle, but stop quickly as I catch myself. "I don't know, it's a tough call.  I mean, I'm royalty here, but you are not.  Not yet anyway." I wink at him at that last statement.

"Baby, I don't care who claims it...I AM the King of Kings, the reflection of perfection...Just short of being a fucking God!" He says, quite sure of himself, even going so far as to flex his muscles, perhaps in an attempt to impress me further.

Once again, I shake my head at the display. "....claimed just about every man in the professional wrestling world.  The question now, though, is how do YOU intend to prove it to ME?"  I raise an eyebrow at him and smile a bit.

He leans forward again, getting a devilish smile on his face. "When I said I was a FUCKING God....You should try readin' between the lines sometime." He winks at me, clicking his jaw and pointing.

"Who said I didn't?" I reply with a wink of my own, taking Giani a bit by surprise it would seem, as his eyes widen a little.  The pilot then speaks over the intercom announcing the flight would be taking off shortly and for us to fasten our safety belts.  We both do as we're told and a few minutes later, the jet begins to move.  I lift my feet, placing them in Giani's lap, giving him another seductive grin as the plane finally lifts off.

"Get a room!" James yells to us.

"We plan to do just that, bro!" Giani replies with a laugh, and I look at him shaking my head as we finally begin our journey to Jersey.

From The Mind of Your Queen
Journal Entry #12

I know a lot of you are probably wondering just what happened during my mini-vacation as I traveled to New Jersey with Giani.  Now, normally I would be perfectly fine with giving hints of what I did in my time there, but quite frankly, it's none of your business, is it?  I don't have a match this week, in SCW, ACW or otherwise, so I did what I haven't been able to do for quite some time...I just relaxed.  

New Jersey is rather...interesting, to say the least.  Giani Di Luca is proof enough of the type of people that can come out of that place, but that is beside the point.  This might surprise you all, but Giani was quite the gentleman, I will admit.  Now, don't get it into your head that my time there was for pleasure, because it wasn't.  Giani and I had some things to discuss in private, and the only way for that to happen was if my disciples stayed behind...which is what they did.  You see, both Giani and I each have huge matches coming up within the NWA, though thankfully we are not competing against one another in the same tournament.  Giani is entered in BACW's King of The Deathmatch, while I entered the Lord of The Ring royal rumble match up.  Needless to say, we both have our opportunities to make a HUGE impact within the NWA, and we both plan to do just that.

The time for rest and relaxation is over, but its time to get serious.  With Lord of The Ring fast approaching, I need to focus on what is most important.  I need to clear my head and think of what is ahead of me, because it won't be just me in that match.  No, it is me and fourteen other people from every single federation within the alliance.  I was chosen to represent Team SCW...oh how ironic is that, given the current situation we find ourselves in in Las Vegas?  Anyway, as I was saying, I was chosen to represent SCW along with Matthew Kennedy and Ace Baldwin.  No doubt Erik Staggs had something to do with the three of us being chosen for this tournament, given the fact we are all on Team Erik.  Well, at least he probably pulled strings to get myself and Matthew in there.  Ace Baldwin is a different story.

We may be working as a "team" in this match, but it is every man, or woman, for themselves when it all comes down to it.  Only one can walk away the winner with that all important guaranteed shot at any World Title of their choosing.  If ever there was an important match, this is definately the big one.

I've had important matches numerous times over the years, and I've treated them all the same.  It may not have seemed like it at times, but I've treated all my matches with the same respect and dignity they deserve, because they are all equally important to me.  From regular non-title matches to title defenses, I've walked into each one the same, and I will continue to do so.

Why?

Because EVERY match means something to me.  Every OPPONENT means something to me.  I can't lose to one and think, oh, that's not a big deal...it wasn't important anyway.  The hell it wasn't!  If I walk into a match facing a complete nobody and lose, what does that say about me?  And the same can be said if I walk into a match to face a world reknowned superstar or champion...What does that say?  That is why I treat every match as if it could be my last, because in all honesty, it very well could be.  Injuries don't happen very often, but they DO happen.

As I am heading into this Lord of The Ring match, I'm thinking to myself, "What if?"

What if I get hurt?  What if I suffer an injury so severe, my career is seemingly over?  What if this is my last match?

I've accomplished a lot in my career, yes, but is it all enough?  Some may think so, but I don't.  Everything I've done....everything I have...it's still not enough.  Call me selfish.  Call me greedy if you want to, but that's just me.  A lot of people know my name and they know who I am, but I don't want  a lot of people to know me...I want EVERYONE to know me and what I did with my career.  I want them to remember the Queen of the Damned for what I accomplished throughout my whole career.

Three time GXW Woman's Champion, and the last one in GXW history.

Woman of the Year for GXW in 2004.

Three time, and current, SCW Bombshell Champion and Woman of the Year for 2012.  

2012 NWA J-Cup Tournament Champion and former NWA World Cruiserweight Champion.

It seems like a lot to you, doesn't it?  It is a fair amount, but its simply...not...enough.  I've got my sights set on winning the Lord of The Ring match and finally getting what is mine....what should have been mine after the J-Cup tournament this year, but one Ben Jordan stole it from me.  A guaranteed shot at the World Cruiserweight Championship next month.  Yes, you heard it here first people, but is it really any surprise?  

If...no WHEN I win the Lord of The Ring match, I WILL challenge the current World Cruiserweight Champion for the title.  If it should happen to be Simon Jones, then so be it.  It doesn't matter...I want that title, and I'm going to do everything and anything I can to get it.  That is a promise.

No...a VOW.

You all are officially on notice.  The Queen of the Damned is out to win this one and you CAN'T stop me.
>