Author Topic: Reclaiming What is Mine  (Read 1363 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
Reclaiming What is Mine
« on: March 13, 2013, 01:31:31 PM »

Thursday March 7th

After a very successful show at Blaze of Glory II, all of Sin City Wrestling has been given the week off to relax and recuperate from a job well done.  Blaze of Glory II had proved to be exactly what everyone was expecting it to be...SCW's biggest show of the year, and the most successful to date.  Mark and Christian believe everyone has earned the week off, and then some...well maybe except for myself and my brothers and sisters in the cause.  Everyone has returned to their respective homes, and the wait for the next card to be announced has been less than easy to deal with, if I may be honest.

Blaze of Glory II was a particularly golden night for me.  I defeated Vixen to become the only person in SCW to be a three time champion, further cementing my name in the record books.  I can not deny that Vixen put up one hell of a fight, but in the end, it all proved to be too great a challenge for her, as I forced her to tap out to the Queen's Punishment, all while dear Spikey boy was watching at ringside.  To say that I had a bit of an ego boost that night would be a bit of an understatement.  I took the title back in my possession and headed backstage where Ruby and the brothers were waiting for me after they were unjustly ejected from ringside.  Needless to say that decision didn't matter, and once I rejoined my disciples backstage, our moods were all in a much better place.  They wasted no time in congratulating me on my victory as they admired my beautiful Bombshell Title that I had draped over my shoulder, and once we returned home that night, they had a surprise waiting for me.  They had all chipped in and bought me the most beautiful crown.  Well, tiara if you want to call it that, but same thing really.

After we returned home, I had expected to be busy doing promotional work for the upcoming semi-finals and finals of the J-Cup tournament, but the show isn't scheduled until the end of the month, so I have plenty of time to schedule and handle that business.  So, I decided to take the rare opportunity to sit back and relax for the week...or I would try to relax anyway.

As the week passed at a very painfully slow pace, I've grown more and more restless.  Ruby has been busy doing what she always does, waiting on me hand on foot with her undying loyalty.  The brother's have gone about doing their business around our home.  They've all been getting more ideas on how to make this place more presentable and livable, on the outside as well as the inside.  That has left me with little to nothing to do, except for occasionally reading a book, or doing a bit of writing.  Until today at least.

It's only Thursday, and as of yet, the next card for SCW is yet to be announced, so I'm just sitting here...waiting.  I'm staring out my bedroom window, watching my beautiful daughter from a distance, trying not to let regret and remorse for what I did overwhelm me.  I open the window just a crack, and it is just enough that I am able to hear a sound I haven't heard in so long, and it warms my heart...the heart so many people consider stone cold.  I listen as Eden runs around, shrieking with excited laughter.  A hint of a smile forms at the corner of my mouth, but it soon fades as I disappointedly watch as my younger, and at times equally feisty sister, Desiree appears and calls out to Eden.  They disappear back inside the house not long after, and ten minutes later, I watch as Desiree helps Eden into the backseat of her car, and drives off soon after, taking her who knows where.  I let out a disappointed sigh just as Ruby enters the room to check on me.

"Spying on that vile ex-fiancee of yours again, my Queen?" The words practically spit out of Ruby's mouth as she catches me looking out the window yet again.  Ruby shakes her head disappointedly and walks towards me.

"Of course not, Ruby." I reply as I quickly close the window and turn to face my loyal disciple. "Spike isn't even home.  He's probably spending as much time with Vixen, nursing her ego after she lost to me yet again.  If you must know, I was watching Eden playing in the back yard again."

I stand up from my seat by the window and take a few steps away as Ruby approaches me.  Ruby nods and allows herself to smile briefly.

"My apologies, my Queen.  Perhaps if her father isn't home, you could take the opportunity to go see her?  I am sure she would be delighted to see you again." Ruby smiles again, this time with a bit of hopeful pride.  I disappoint her again, however, as I walk past her quietly, not saying a word.

"My Queen?" Ruby asks as she turns around to keep an eye on me.

I walk over to the side of my bed, taking a seat on the edge.  I reach over and open the drawer to my bedside table, taking out the ultrasound picture of the son I never got the chance to meet, before I reply to Ruby.

"I'd like to believe that, Ruby, but I am fairly sure she wouldn't be anywhere near delighted to see me.  Every time I've ever even been near her over the last year, she has shown nothing but fear and heartbreak when she looks at me." My attempt at hiding the overwhelming sadness fails, and Ruby can clearly see that.

"That is because everyone has brainwashed her against you." She says, sitting beside me on the bed. "You haven't ben given a chance to make it up to her yet.  The brothers and I know how sorry you are for taking time away from her last year after you left that parasite of a father of hers, but young Eden does not, and it is because of those people.  My Queen, you must stand your ground.  She is your daughter.  You have every right to see her regardless of what they may say or try to do."

I can't help but smile at Ruby's attempt to encourage me.  I just stare at the ultrasound photo once again, running my index finger over it. "I have tried, Ruby.  Repeatedly in fact.  You know this.  They all hate me so much, they probably won't even let me see her for her birthday, and that will just add to the reasons she already has to hate me."

From the corner of my eye, I notice Ruby's eyes widen in surprise. "Her birthday is coming up soon?  I had no idea, my Queen.  You don't even speak of it."

"What is there to speak about?" I replies and I place the ultrasound picture back in the drawer, pulling myself further on to my bed. "My little girl is going to be five years old in less than two weeks, and she doesn't even know I give a damn."

I lean against the headboard and pull my knees up to my chest, looking away from Ruby.  Ruby moves closer to me, and folds her arms across her chest.

"There is a simple solution to that, my Queen," Ruby replies. "You make it known to her.  Do everything you can to see her, and don't give up on seeing your daughter again.  Have you thought about what you wish to get her for this important birthday?"

I only offer Ruby a shrug of my shoulders, trying not to think about it. "A little, but it doesn't matter does it?  Spike won't let me get close enough to see her, let alone give her a gift." Ruby laughs, and I look up at her, showing my obvious concern over her apparent amusement.

"And you are going to sit back and let that happen?  My Queen, you are much stronger than you give yourself credit for.  You are hanging on to--" Ruby is quick to defend her amusement before I can question her, but I immediately cut her off before she can finish what she was going to say.

"Please...don't go there, Ruby.  I'm dealing with everything just fine.  Anyway, I need to get some fresh air.  I think I am going to go for a walk."

"If that is what you need, I will not argue." Ruby replies, but I can sense her disappointment.  She stands from the bed and walks over to my closet, searching for my jacket.  I stand from the bed soon after just as Ruby emerges from my closet, holding my jacket, and she walks over and hands it to me.

"Thank you, Ruby." I say, taking my jacket and putting it on. "I'll try not to be too long, and I will be sure to let the brother's know where I am going as well."

Ruby nods without saying another word as I walk past her and over to the door, stopping just before I walk out. "Oh, and Ruby?"

"Yes, my Queen?" Ruby replies, giving me her full attention.

"You and I are going to have a serious conversation soon, okay?" I tell her, causing her to turn slightly confused.

"Of course, but may I ask what about?"

I grab a hold of the doorknob and smile, remembering the conversation I had with Blake last week. "Oh, I'm fairly sure you know what it is about, but we'll worry about it later.  I will be back in a little while."

I then turn and walk out of the room, leaving Ruby left to wonder what exactly I was referring to.  I am sure she can work it out for herself, but her curiosity will be put on hold as I am certain she will be watching me as I go on my walk.  She knows me well, and she know doubt knows where I am headed on my walk today.

I know I won't have much time to do what I want, but I am not letting that stop me.  The opportunity has presented itself, and I am taking full advantage of it, as I sneak my way in my former back yard...Spike's back yard.  I stand there, frozen by the corner of the fence, looking down at the small tombstone Spike had placed there; his own personal memorial for the child we both lost.  While I feel no desire to try and win Spike back, or return to the life I had with him, I do hold a great deal of respect for him at this moment, and his decision to place this memorial stone here.  I kneel down, placing my hand on the tombstone, closing my eyes and lowering my head.

"I must admit, I didn't think your daddy would take losing you as hard as he has." I say quietly, speaking to the baby boy I will never know. "I was debating even telling him the truth, but I knew I had to.  I didn't think he would actually go so far as to place a tombstone here in the yard, either, but I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, should I baby?"

A light breeze blows past me, and in that moment, I know he is listening.  It may sound weird, considering he wasn't even born when I lost him.

"I can't deny that he has always been a great father.  Well, at least until recently." I can't help but scowl a bit as I think of Spike's up and down mental state over the last year, and how it might be affecting Eden and Timmy.  Timmy may not be my flesh and blood son, but I raised him none-the-less.

The cracking of some dried leaves on the ground from behind me startles me a bit.  I jump and turn around, expecting to see Spike and Vixen or perhaps one of my sister's, but instead, I smile at the one I see glaring at me with fierceful eyes.

"Well hello Dero.  It's great to see you." Dero, my former furry little pal, growls at me in response, and I keep my eyes on him, chuckling a bit.

"The feeling is not mutual, I see," I say, not really bothered by Dero's clear displeasure over my presence here.  I take a step towards him, but he hisses loudly at me.

"Okay, okay," I quickly take a step back, but smiling all the same.  He crouches down, ready to pounce at a moment's notice, and his ears are folded back. "Relax, Dero.  I'll only be a few minutes.  No need to throw a hissy fit now."

He growls again, and I turn around rolling my eyes with a smile, and when I am facing the fence and the tombstone again, I am startled yet again, though this time by someone I wasn't expecting to see.  He stares at me, trying not to smirk, and I can't hide the slight fear I feel at seeing him here, dressed in his usual full black suit and matching tie.

\'user

"Jes--" I start to say something, but he quickly holds up hand, cutting me off.

"Let's not bring him into this, shall we?" He says, his tone very serious.  I look around him, not quite sure what else I expect to see if anything.  He chuckles at my display of fear and lack of anything to say.

"Surprised to see me?" He asks.

I stifle back a laugh as I stare at him, studying his expression.  God, this guy really irks me, and for good reason. "You could say that, yes.  What are you doing here?"

He glances down at the tombstone on the ground, then looks back up at me, and I fold my arms, staring at him.

"I could ask you the same question, miss Queen of the Damned." He replies, then takes a swift step past me.  I turn and watch him carefully, annoyed at him mocking me.

"That is none of your business.  This has nothing to do with you, so you can just leave." My response doesn't please him, but I really don't care.  I have too much to deal with as it is, and I'd really rather not deal with a conversation with him at the moment.

He shakes his head and walks over to Dero as if stalking him.  As soon as he gets just inches from my former pet, Dero screeches, then darts off back into the house.  I try to hide my amusement, though I don't really find the point.  My visitor turns back around to face me, clearly proud of himself.

"Oh, but you see, it has everything to do with me.  Every decision you make directly affects me now." The way he speaks with that menacing British accent of his really starts to piss me off. "I've been sitting back for several weeks now, watching you carefully.  I was pleased with the way you were handling things at first, but now I'm a little concerned."

"You have no reason to be concerned." I reply, hoping to reassure him. Sadly, I can tell he doesn't believe it.

"As a matter of fact I do.  You have a job to do, Misty, but you seem to be taking your sweet time.  You're focusing on too much, when you should be focusing on one thing and one thing only.  Need I remind you of what that is?" He narrows his eyes at me causing a chill to run down my spine.

I take in a deep breath and shake my head.  I know what he wants from me.  I haven't forgotten.
"You don't need to remind me, okay.  I know what I'm supposed to do.  I told you that it was going to take time, didn't I?" That is exactly what I told him last time we spoke.  I knew this might be a length process, and I thought he understood that.  Apparently not.

To my surprise, he laughs and takes a step towards me.  Damn, just being around this guy brings a chill to the air.

"That you did, but it wouldn't be taking as long had all of your attention be devoted to your mission.  But congratulations to you on becoming the Bombshell Champion again.  How long do you think you'll hold the belt this time?" His response is almost threatening...as if he could just take everything I've accomplished away from me?  I'll be damned if I'm going to let that happen!

"Fuck you!" I yell loud enough that the whole neighborhood probably heard me, but I don't care.  I've had enough of this evil prick.

He laughs again, eyeing me up and down.
"Tempting thought, love, but I'll pass.  That is not what I want from you."

"Then what the hell do you want?!" I growl and I quickly approach him, getting just inches away from him.  I can't deny the danger this man possesses, but I will not let him control me.

"I thought we established this already?  You know what I want, but you don't seem to be getting the job done, do you?"

He stands there like a statue, trying to intimidate me, but it doesn't work.  I stand my ground, refusing to yield to him.  It is either a brave move, or an unbelievably stupid one.

"Oh, I'm fairly sure I'm getting the job done just fine, thank you very much.  I'm more than capable of multi-tasking." I reply very matter of factly and I spin back around returning to the reason I came here.

Just as I kneel back down and turn my attention to the tombstone, he is standing directly behind me and I can almost feel his eyes piercing me.
"I know what you're doing, Misty, and you better get your priorities straight.  I am not someone you want to double cross."

I laugh, but I do not turn around to look at him again. "Oh really?  What is it that you think I'm doing, because last time I checked, I have my priorities perfectly in line."

He chuckles again, and I roll my eyes as I keep my back facing him. "I don't think anything, darling.  I know you're trying to get back everything you lost last year, and when I say everything I mean everything."

This suddenly gets my attention, and I stand up straight, keeping my back facing him at first, but then I slowly turn around and glare at him.  It's not as menacing as a look as he is capable of, I am sure, but I do my best to match it.

"And I am well on my way to doing just that.  I've got my Bombshell title back, and at the end of the month I'm going to win the J-Cup tournament and get my shot at the NWA Cruiserweight title again." My response focuses solely on my wrestling career, of course, but I already predicted what his next response would be.

"That may all be true, love," He begins, and then he turns around, glancing at all of our surroundings. "But you're forgetting something else.  You can lie to yourself and everyone around you, but you can't lie to me."

"What the hell are you talking about?" I ask, though I already know the answer.

He smiles wickedly, sending yet another chill down my spine.
"You know exactly what I am talking about.  You want your old life back.  Spike.  Your daughter.  Your son."

The rage suddenly takes over and I do the only thing I can think of.  I lunge at him in full attack mode, but the next thing I know, I hit the ground, face first.  It catches me off guard at first, but I quickly get back to me feet.  I turn around to try it again, but he's gone.  He simply vanished, and I'm livid.

"Oh sure!  Disappear like the coward you are!" I yell, knowing very well he can hear me, but I don't notice the two familiar faces approaching the yard from behind me. "Don't you ever bring up my son again!  I don't want that life back!  Do you hear me!  I DON'T WANT IT BACK!"

"Just get the job done." I hear his voice respond, but he doesn't reappear.  I growl in frustration and spin back around, startled as Ruby and Zane are now standing in front of me.  Both look around, then at me with concerned looks on their faces.

"Shit!  What are you two doing here?!" I ask, jumping back a bit.

Ruby looks down at the tombstone, then back up at me.  She shows the same curiosity as my previous visitor had, though her curiosity is matched with concern.

"We heard you shouting from a distance, my Queen." She says and Zane nods in agreement. "Is everything alright?"

I lie as I nod to both of them, even offering up a half-hearted smile.  I brush the dirt and dust off of my jacket, regaining my composure. "Everything is just fine, Ruby."

"Who were you shouting at?" Zane asks, looking around as he gets into his protective stance ready to defend me should the need arise.  Too bad he doesn't realize that the person I was arguing with is not someone he can protect me from.

"Huh?  Oh, no one.  I was yelling at myself, if you must know." The lies just keep pouring out of my mouth, but I can't let them in on my secret.  Not right now.  I'm sure they will understand my intentions, but the overall situation might concern them more then anything, so I keep quiet for now.

"You were yelling at yourself?  What for, my Queen?" Ruby is more worried than she should be.  She takes a step towards me, almost pleading me for answers.  I surprise myself with my response.

"For not knowing I was pregnant last year." This is not a complete lie. "If I had known, Spike wouldn't have had a reason to put this memorial here for our son.  If I had known, I would be holding my baby boy in my arms right now, instead of staring at an ultrasound picture every day."

I exaggerate just a bit at first, though the thought of my son does bring tears to my eyes and I find myself once again on my knees kneeling at the tombstone.  My body starts to tremble a bit, and Ruby is quickly at my side, placing a caring hand on my back.

"Now do  you see, my Queen?" Ruby says trying to comfort me. "Perhaps being in the ring is too much right now?  I should call Dr. Lord--"

I shake my head and push Ruby's hand away from me. "No!  Wrestling is all I have left, Ruby!  I know what it cost me, and I'm over it!"

"Clearly you are not, my Queen." Ruby says as she gives me some space and takes a step back." "It makes me sick to even admit this, but I think Miss Ryder brought up an excellent point when you last faced her."

My nostrils immediately flare as I hear Ruby speak these words.  I hear Zane gasp in surprise as well.  Before I get back to my feet, I kiss my fingertips, then touch the tombstone.  I stand up very slowly and turn to face Ruby, but I am honestly at a loss for words.  I stare at her, almost fuming, and I fold my arms across my chest.  Sensing the increasing tension, Ruby holds her hands up, trying to calm me down.

"Please calm down, my Queen." She says, clearly uncomfortable already. "My loyalties will always be with you, but you can not blame me for being concerned."

"What point did Odette make, Ruby?" I say the words slowly, warning Ruby to choose her words wisely.

Ruby glances to Zane, who is looking at her just as equally surprised as I am.  He shrugs, signaling this is all on her, and she turns to face me, and I give her my full attention.

"How can you not think of your child each time you step in the ring?" She begins and I tilt my head to the side. "How can you not flashback to that night?  And more importantly, now...How on earth can you actually stand beside Miss Roxanne in this cause you two are in within Sin City Wrestling?  How can you look at her and not want to kill her for what she cost you?"

I take in every single word...every single question that Ruby asks me, processing it all in my mind.  It was no longer a secret that I had joined forces with not only Erik Staggs, but also my some of my fellow Bombshells, Roxanne included.  Ruby and the brothers were less than thrilled about it, but it was all my decision, and I do not regret it one bit.  I have given Erik Staggs my full support, and together along with those who will stand with us, we will make a difference in SCW.

"Because she didn't do anything!  Not intentionally anyway!  She didn't know he existed because I didn't know!  I have no reason to be angry with her!" [/i]I lash out at Ruby, clearly upsetting her, but I don't really care much at the moment.  I'm too consumed by so many different emotions that I'm seeing red.

Ruby drops to the ground, kneeling before me and bows her head respectfully.[/i] "Forgive me, my Queen.  I meant no disrespect."

I look down at her, feeling horrible for lashing out at her the way I did, and I am about to apologize to her but I am quickly cut off by the sound of a car pulling into the driveway.  Zane around the house carefully, trying not to be seen, and Ruby lifts her head as I help her to her feet.  I hear a car door shut and Zane looks at us in panic.

"Spike has just gotten home, my Queen." Zane informs us.  

I look at Ruby, wanting to apologize, but that will have to wait for now.  I nod to Zane, and we quickly leave the back yard, heading back to our own home.  I could have stayed and confronted Spike, but chose against it.  After all, I'd hate for anyone else to get the impression that I want him back...

Sunday March 10th

The day has finally arrived.  The week long wait for the next card for SCW will be announced shortly, and I have my phone sitting next to me on the bed as I wait as patiently as I can for the call.  I tap my fingers on the bed, growing more and more impatient as the time passes.  I pick up my phone, opening my email, checking to see if word has been sent there, but there is nothing as of yet.  I toss my phone down on the bed frustrated, closing my eyes and leaning it back against the headboard.

The door to my room then opens and Ruby walks in with a cup of tea I had asked her for a short while ago.  She brings it over to me and sets it on my bedside table.  She keeps her head bowed towards the floor the whole time and doesn't speak.  In fact, she hasn't spoken much to me since Thursday when I lost my temper.  I am about to speak up when my phone beeps, alerting me of a new email.  I grab my phone quickly, opening my email once again, relieved to see it is from Christian Underwood announcing the matches for next week's Climax Control.  I open the message, scrolling down the matches, and am left disappointed and quite honestly, angry all together.

"You have got to be kidding me!  There has to be some mistake!" I look over the email once again, but my eyes have not deceived me.  Ruby looks at me curiously, but she doesn't ask the question that is obviously on her mind, but I answer it for her. "They didn't book me!  Their own Bombshell Champion is left off of the schedule!"

Ruby looks surprised, but still she says nothing.  Honestly, her silence is starting to make me uncomfortable as well as horribly guilty for how I treated her.

"Say something, Ruby!" I look at her, demanding she say something.  She looks at me, quiet for a moment, thinking about her response.

"I am sorry, my Queen," she says, finally breaking her silence. "Perhaps you should give Mr. Underwood or Mr. Ward a call and ask why you were not booked?"

I laugh and shake my head. "Oh I know why I wasn't booked, Ruby.  They're pissed that I'm taking Erik Staggs' side.  I guess I shouldn't be too pissed, though.  I have promotional work for the J-Cup to take care of." [/i]I grab my cup of tea, bringing it to my lips and taking a slow sip.  It soothes and relaxes my now frustrated mood as I shove my phone away from me for the moment.[/i]

"Can I get you anything else, my Queen?" Ruby asks.  She would normally continue a conversation, but she clearly doesn't want to at the moment.

"That will be all for now, Ruby.  Thank you." I look as sincere as I possibly can, but Ruby just bows her head and heads toward the door. "Ruby, wait."

She turns and looks at me. "Yes, my Queen?"

"That talk I mentioned a few days ago?  We really need to take care of that before we leave for Venezuela.  I know you probably don't want to talk right now, but we need to talk, okay?"

Ruby nods. "Whenever you are ready, my Queen.  I always have time to talk to you."

"Excellent.  You can go now, Ruby.  I'll call you if I need anything." I offer her a polite smile, and she bows and walks out of my room, closing the door behind her.

I close my eyes, shaking my head at the thought of another uneventful week at home.  I take another sip of my tea, thinking of what I could do this week to pass the time.  I glance at my phone for a moment, before I grab it and open my email again, only this time, it is to send one.  I email an NWA representative to schedule a camera crew to come to Vegas.  The three men in the J-Cup tournament have yet to speak on the upcoming semi-finals and finals, and what better way to get them to speak, then by sending a message to them all.  Beginning with Lucian Frost...the very man I defeated last year to secure my spot in this very tournament.

I place my phone on my bedside table, and wait patiently for a response.

Wednesday March 13th

The NWA camera crew should be here any time now.  In fact, they're already running late, and that is not something I appreciate in the slightest.  I have a lot that needs to be said, and they are making not only me wait, but they are pissing me off in the process.  I am waiting downstairs in my training facility with Sebastian, Zane and Ruby.  The three of them are sitting on a bench off to the side, while I am sitting on the edge of the new wrestling ring which the brothers had built for me.  I have to say, my disciples know what they are doing.

Another thirty minutes pass before Damien and Dante burst through the doors with the NWA cameraman behind them.  I look past Damien and Dante at the cameraman, rolling my eyes.

"It's about time," I say sarcastically and I fold my arms across my chest. "What the hell took you so long?!"

Damien and Dante join the others, as the camera walks towards me, stopping just a few feet away to set up his camera, and he looks at me apologetically. "I'm sorry, Misty.  I had a hard time finding this place."

Glancing over to Ruby, I see she is clearly upset with the cameraman addressing me by my first name.  She is about to speak up, but I hold my hand up, silencing her before she does.  She takes her seat once again, and I turn my attention back to the cameraman as he finishes setting up the camera.

"Clearly you don't have a GPS, or you are just too stupid and you don't know how to work it." I can't help but roll my eyes again.

"Okay then.  The camera is ready.  Are you ready to get this show on the road?" He asks, looking at me with a smile.

I nod and force a smile.
"I've been ready, idiot.  You are the one who showed up late, remember?"

He lets out an awkward laugh and nods, choosing not to respond to that.  He presses a button on the camera, giving me a thumbs up signal that we're recording, and I look directly into the camera.

"I am here with last year's winner of the NWA J-Cup tournament, former World Cruiserweight Champion and current SCW Bombshell Champion, Misty.  In less than three weeks she heads into the semi-finals as she goes against fellow SCW superstar, Lucian Frost, in hopes of advancing to the finals.  Misty, you're the last remaining woman in the tournament.  How do you feel heading into the semi-finals?" He asks his first question perfectly as if he rehearsed it several times.

I keep my focus on the camera, and I laugh at the question.
"Really?  As if me being a woman has anything to do with my confidence?  Let me remind you and anyone else who doesn't remember last year's tournament.  I was the only female in the tournament last year, and I did just fine.  I did so well, in fact, that I won the whole damn thing.  So, to answer your question...I feel great.  More than great actually."

"Any thoughts on your next opponent, Lucian Frost?" He asks his next question quickly.

"Oh I have plenty of thoughts on Lucian Frost." I begin, as I focus my mind and my thoughts on my next opponent.  A smile creeps on my face as I continue. "I have faced Lucian once before, granted it was over a year ago in this very tournament, but he is no stranger to me.  Like myself, Lucian is a champion in SCW, though he is one half of the tag team champions and I am a singles champion."

"Yes, but Lucian is a former Roulette Champion.  He was the very first one, in fact.  You hold that very accomplishment with the Bombshell championship." He asks, interrupting me.  I look away from the camera to him, glaring at him angrily.

"Please do not interrupt me again!" My disciples snicker as I snap at the cameraman and then get back to the topic at hand. "Yes, Lucian Frost is a former Roulette Champion.  Big deal.  Has he held singles gold since?"

"Actually, he does currently.  He holds the Texas Heavyweight Championship in WCCW." His interruption irritates me further and I lower my head, taking in a deep breath. "Sorry..."

"Well bravo for Lucian Frost." I growl in response and raise my head looking back to the camera. "He is a singles champion in a company where the competition is pretty worthless.  I don't really give a damn.  Besides, who knows how long he'll be able to hold on to either one of those titles.  Word has it, he's been competing at less than one-hundred percent physically, so it is only a matter of time before he loses one or both or is forced to drop them." I smile confidently and cross my left leg over my right.  My disciples continue to watch on quietly.

"He has gotten by just fine recently, though, don't you think?"

I laugh again and lean back, resting my back against the bottom rope. "That is nothing but sheer luck if I'm honest, but I have to admire his stupidity."

"Stupidity?" The cameraman asks.

I nod.
"Are you deaf?  Yes, stupidity.  Anyone who competes when they have a potential career-ending injury is flat out stupid!  But, I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing.  I, myself, have said that I will wrestle until I can't walk anymore.  Unfortunately for Lucian Frost, that day may be coming for him sooner rather than later."

The camera is about to speak again, but I hold my hand up, and he remains silent.  I get to my feet, standing on the outside of the ring, before stepping through the ropes as the cameraman and my disciples look at me curiously.

I lean against the ropes, looking directly into the camera again, turning serious.
"I understand what is driving Lucian right now.  I know the passion and the desire he feels to have a successful career.  He'll do anything...risk anything to be the best he can be.  But he's made one mistake.  He's let his opponents know his weakness, and in this business, that is the worst mistake you can make."

I take a step back from the ropes, walking backwards towards the center of the ring.  My eyes never look away from the camera.

"We all have weaknesses, there is no denying that, but whether you air those weaknesses to your opponents is a whole different story.  Even the most respectable wrestlers will use an injury to their advantage if it means walking away with a victory.  It's just part of this career.  If Lucian thinks for one second that I am going to take it easy on him in our match, he better think again.  Injured or not, I won't hold back.  In fact, I plan to use that little injury to my advantage, because the fact is, I refuse to walk out of that arena as a loser.  This year is going to be a repeat of last year, because I'm going to defeat Lucian and then I am going to go on to win the final match.  There is just no other option."

I walk over to the corner of the ring nearest the camera.  I climb to the top turnbuckle, swinging one leg over the rope, sitting there confidently.

"Any words for Canadian Crippler or Ben Jordan? If--"He quickly stops to correct himself as I glare at him. "...when you defeat Lucian Frost, you will face one of those two men in the final round."

I smile wickedly, as only one of those two men I hope to face in the final round.  I lean forward, placing my elbows on my knees. "Oh I have plenty to say...to at least one of those men, but I'll save that for later.  I know who I would prefer to face in the final round, and I'm fairly sure it is no secret to any of you."

I wink into the camera. "Isn't that right Benny Boy?  Regardless of who I face in the finals, the outcome will be the same.  I will be walking away as the winner of the J-Cup tournament for the second year in a row.  That is all there is to it."

I jump down from the top turnbuckle to the ring apron, then jump down to the floor and walk over to the camera.  I lean down, putting my face right up to the camera and smile confidently once again.

"See you soon boys."

I reach over to the side of the camera, turning it off, and the scene fades to black.

TBC...
>