Author Topic: The Capital Vices  (Read 899 times)

Offline Blade Alexander

• View Profile
    • Blade Alexander
The Capital Vices
« on: January 04, 2013, 04:10:57 PM »
 We open on some sort of high school gym or small gathering hall, curling rink, or perhaps a National Guard Armoury somewhere. Where exactly we are isn't very important. What is important is that we're with Blade Alexander.

“Did I hear right? Has Rage really fooled himself into thinking all that hype he builds up around him is true?”

“For some masochistic reason that eludes me I actually took the time to watch that promo Rage put forth the other day. Seeing as we have a big match coming up between us I decided to indulge myself and listen to what that washed up loser had to say.”

The often controversial SCW star is dressed in a rather nice charcoal grey suit that is a little bit classier than his current surroundings.

“First of all let me address this self-indulgent drivel that was an ill-conceived trip to Wal Mart on Christmas Eve. Now let me get this straight Rage, you blame your personal waiting to the last minute on your so-called therapist, then you get pissed off when the store is packed and someone runs into you with a cart. That's your fucking idea of rage? That's your therapists idea of help? Not a support group, not dealing with deep routed issues that might be contributing to your problems, but rather no... Don't even avoid situation in which you know you're going to have problems and instead dive right in head first. Brilliant. Fucking brilliant. You sure your therapist isn't on the SCW booking committee? They seem to have stupidity in common.”

“But let's not hold up there, so instead of this little exercise doing anything remotely helpful like examining your problems or even entertaining the poor people at home, including me, who decided to give your drivel a chance, you turned it all into one big Wal Mart bitch fest. Cause you're so big and popular that you don't shop there. Like you're better than each and every one of those people. You sanctimonious asshole, you want those very same people to come and pay to see you wrestle then you go there and insult them and how they spend their money, then you have the balls to say I'm the liar, that I'm the one full of shit.”

“The real reason each of those people are fucking stupid sheep hasn't got anything to do with where they shop and everything to do with the fact that despite you looking down your nose at them, despite you yelling at them for your own stupidity they still pay to watch you wrestle and they still cheer your names. They're not stupid for trying to save a few bucks on overpriced garbage, their stupid for believing anything coming out of you.”

He shrugs, then smirks.

“But the bullshit coming from camp Rage doesn't stop there does it? No, after all that eye trauma you caused each one of us you resolved your holiday dilemma but getting the guy who bought you a car an old, washed up, pot smoking, over the hill burnout. And it wasn't even Cheech and Chong. Great message you're sending there Rage. 'Buy me a car and I'll shit on your doorstep'. But then again I can see how that would be a great present for a group of people who call you the Sin of Wrath.”

“Never in my life have I heard of anything less fitting. Do any of you even know what a sin is? Do any of you have any idea what wrath is? I can tell you this, it's not trying to make a name for yourself by jumping a guy from behind then fucking running away to hide behind the coat-tails of match makes and people in that little coterie you call friends to hide with your head in the sand until everything blows over. I thought Spike Staggs had cornered the market on rewriting history, but you just want to give him a run for his money don't you? You act like it was me trying to dodge you when everyone with a DVR can prove that it was ME that was fucking SCREAMING for months for your fucking HEAD on a PIKE! You want to know about Rage your fucking seven foot pile of shit? I told you the god-damned day you lay your hands on me that you signed your own death warrant. But fucking surprise, surprise... In a place where that sort of behavior would normally lead to a match on the very next card you always found some way to get around it. There was always some other obstacle that could be thrown in my way. Some title match I had earned, some other member of the league of sin-idiots that was willing to get thrown under the bus.”

He takes a moment and paces to regain his composure.

“Then fate smiled upon you didn't it? When your neck was inching ever closer to the Sword of Damocles that swung above your neck things took a turn and I had to step away from the business for a while. That's when the real sin occurred. That's when, without the fear of retribution from me, you could prosper. You even climbed so high as to win the SCW Championship. What's really fucking hilarious to me though isn't how short your reign was, it was how you managed to lose the title as soon as it looked like Blade Alexander was going to be back in the picture.”

He smirks again.

“You're not the sin of wrath. You have no wrath. You call yourself Rage, but your anger is impotent. No further do we have to look to see the failure of your own boasts than that little slice of life trash you let everyone in on. Instead of showing a bunch of aged, weak holiday shoppers what Rage really is you fucking shut your trap like the good little lap-bitch you and you went and sat your ass in the car. I do so hope you got a nice little treat from your master for your good behaviour. The sin of wrath doesn't take his ball and sit in the car. You're pathetic.”

“So you hate your name, Jake.”

Of course he's going there.

“It fucking fits you. It's a name. It's what you are. You're a big, stupid, average person. You have no qualities or skills to set you apart. Jake was smart to sit his ass at home on his couch and watch from afar. It wasn't Jake who got pissed off and got up off his couch and jumped me from behind. It wasn't even Rage. It sure as fuck wasn't the sin of wrath. It was the sin of envy pure and simple. You saw me, someone better than you in every way, and you got jealous. Jake sat at home on his couch and watched someone who was better in the ring than he ever was, listened to someone on the mic better than he ever was, and someone who had more buzz that he ever had and you got jealous. That's why you decided to come back, that's why you targeted me the night that you came back and that's why you dodged me ever since.”

“But since I went away the sin of envy has given way to the sin of pride. Months spent with me away has given you false confidence. Without the glass ceiling that I created for you here you've been free to face others and you found out there isn't really a great deal of talent in SCW and with Christian in your back pocket, Mark and you not on bad terms and your buddy Eric playing the new Jim Herd you were free to act like you're a tough guy.”

“Maybe Eric isn't your friend though, I really have no idea, I've never met the guy and don't care to.”

“And wait... Did you do something to Christian recently or do all of you have such fucking short term memories that you actually think you have a chance against me?”

He looks puzzled. He is puzzled and take a moment to think it over.

“No, that would be stupid. No one would be stupid enough to actually think that just because you like calling yourself Rage and that you insist on people calling you the sin of wrath that it actually takes places of any real tangible talent...”

“... Or is it that you really think your moderate success has somehow given you hollow confidence enough to think that it either means something or that I might care...”

He keeps thinking about it.

“No wait, yeah... Listening to the way you and almost everyone else around here talks about what they say I've been saying, you really think what you've done means something to me.”

“Listen up you FUCKING MORON!... I DO NOT care about the SCW tag title, their little roulette title or any other little belts they have here. Not a shit do I even begin to give about the number one contenders status in our match.”

“Christian gave me what I wanted? Give me a fucking break... The fact that the number one contender status is on the line is incentive for YOU Rage, because everyone in SCW knows if you didn't have that little incentive to show up to our match you'd run from me little the little fucking pussy that everyone has been seeing you act like for the last fucking year in SCW. Christian gave ME what I want because he's handed me your ASS on a fucking PLATTER! You want to show everyone in SCW what Rage is!?! I'm going to show everyone when I hollow out your giant polished fucking skull and toast Happy New Year to SCW with what oozes out! You want the sin of wrath? Face my wrath when I wrap my hands around the throat of the scared bitch who has been ducking me for over a year!”

Once again he takes a minute to calm himself.

“Seven Deadly Sins it's what your group has always called itself even though you're missing a bunch. But take a look closer. That would be a more fitting name for our match. A Seven Deadly Sins Match. You seem to think that I want titles and glory and have been crying to get it when this whole while all I've wanted was your blood on my hands.”

He smirks.

“You should be a fan of this. Normally I don't really go this route, but this match really begs for it.”

“Book of Proverbs. It says there are six things the Lord hates and the seventh he detests. I looked them up and between us both we cover them all.”

“One. A Proud look.”

“That's been your stupid face ever since that minute you called yourself SCW Champion.”

“Two. A lying tongue.”

“That's pretty simple, it's every word you've said about me.”

“Three. Hands that shed innocent blood...”

He looks at his hands.

“Guilty.”

He smirks.

“Four. A heart that devises wicked plots.”

“He's really going to hate what I have in store for you.”

“Five. Feet that are swift to run into mischief.”

“That one is like the opposite of you. He probably loves your for starting trouble and running like a bitch.”

“Six. A deceitful witness that uttereth lies.”

“There goes any will you and the big guy built up. There's been nothing coming from you about me but lies since day one. Whining, crying... I save that for someone like you, if there's anything left of you.”

“Seven. Him that soweth discord among brethren.”

“I'm sorry big guy, but sometimes the truth hurts. But what I want to know is, does the Lord really consider a sinner like Rage with all his lies, all his pride, all his envy... Is he really brethren? Or is he considered some heathen?”

“It doesn't really matter, I'm not one to pick sides. I'm not here for any crimes you might have perpetrated against Christianity, I'm only here to punish you for the ones you've committed against me. You can keep all of the hoops, you can claim all the regional titles and covet all the meaningless glory of being a featured monkey in a one ring circus that is SCW. I have bigger riches in mind, and I'm not here for what someone like Christian Underwood thinks I want. I'm here to finally bleed out someone who's been allowed to think that he can just jump me from behind and get away with it. It's taken over a year, but this Cardinal Sinner is going to stain his hands with some not-so-innocent blood.”

Fade.