Author Topic: A Curious Invite  (Read 886 times)

Offline ragdoll

• View Profile
    • Becky "Ragdoll" Jones
A Curious Invite
« on: November 10, 2012, 04:15:57 PM »
 Walking down the hallway back to the locker room my feet uncomfortably squelch in my boots, as god only knows were this darn pumpkin slime has gotten into. True normally I would have argued against fighting in such a match, but it had seemingly been changed from a straightforward tag match to the four of us fighting in a pumpkin soup seemingly on a whim from the management. Still what did it matter as Jesse and I now had earned ourselves a tag title shot and it would soon only be a matter of time before those titles became ours.

Pushing open the door to the locker room, I now start to strip off some of the wet clothing, tossing it towards the bench were it lands with a wet squelch, as I open my locker taking out my civvie clothes and shower bag, as I slam the locker door shut with a loud bang not that it really matters seeing how I’m alone in here, as I kick off my boots and slip off the last of my clothes tossing into the pile, as pumpkin juice runs from my boots forming an orange pool around them, as I walk into the shower turning on the water and feeling a sense of relief to finally start washing off the sticky juices. As I shower my mind runs through the events of the last week and how satisfying it had been to beat those BEI COMBATTENTI bitches, aswell as how well Jessie and myself had worked together out there, especially considering that it was the first time we had met, never mind team up together and we had kicked some serious ass out there, while certainly getting ourselves so noticed that the management really had no choice but to give us our shot for the titles. Still could Jesse and myself really make a team out of our situation or would her loyalty to NXT stand in the way? How could I really be sure especially when I didn’t truly know her let alone her feelings toward us really making this team work. Still no doubt it was nothing that a couple of cold beers couldn’t work out, but first to get this gunk off my skin.

Stepping out of the shower I wrap a towel around my waist while cursing the cold tiled floor, as it causes a slight chill to run through me, as I quickly walk over to the bench eager to get changed into at least some shoes, for while it might be warm outside the air conditioning in the area insures that most surfaces are kept ice box cool, which really sucks when you get out of the shower that much I know for sure. Its as I dress that I now notice the envelope sticking from the locker door, while curiously looking to see if anyone is hiding somewhere in here, but knowing that they are no doubt long gone, having snuck their way in here while I was showering, but seeing how I didn’t hear the locker room door open, I’m assuming they must be a fricking Ninja or something.

Pausing for a heartbeat or two more I look at the envelope, before quickly walking over and grabbing it seeing from the front that it is even addressed to “Miss Jones” making no mistake of who it could be meant for, as it place it on the bench, quickly getting dressed into jeans and an Offspring t-shirt while tying my hair back with my bandana, cramming my other clothes into my bag as I now head out of the locker room and quickly towards the back entrance of the arena my bag heavy with my wet clothes and slung over my shoulder  the sounds from the arena still echoing down the hallways as various members of SCW crew rush about like busy little worker bees. Continuing down the hallway I push through the double doors and already see Andre sitting on the bonnet of the black Subaru, dressed in shorts and a t-shirt showing off his toned arms and legs, while the lights of the underground parking reflect off his cueball head as he waves over at me.

“Well here she is, little miss badass herself!”

“Why thank you kind sir”

I saw smiling and giving a mock curtsey as I swing and toss the bag over to him, which he take in the chest with an emphasised oomph, before walking it around and tossing it into the boot of the car, as I climb in the passenger side, as Andre now returns getting into the drivers side.

“So congratulations on winning your match this week. Guess there really was nothing to worry about as you said”

“Yeah it was pretty much a straightforward ass kicking demonstration. Essentially the only hard part this week was that whole wrestling in pumpkin guts stipulation. I can’t say that I was too overly pleased about fighting in such conditions, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do to get ahead in this industry”

“And if that involves wrestling in pie filler?”

“Well so be it”

Andre laugh as he now starts the car and proceeds to drive out of the parking lot and out into the Vegas night, the cool desert breeze feeling good on my skin through the open window of the car, as I pull the envelope from the inside pocket of my jacket, thoughtfully turning it over and over in my hands as I look at it, before quickly tearing it open and seeing inside a pair of tickets. Pulling them out I now looking them curiously.

“Hey what you got there?”

“Huh? Ohh well it would seem two tickets to something called “Little Miss Hardbody”. Personally I would have preferred Barry Manalow tickets, but then I’m still not sure why they were left for me in the first place, let alone who actually left them”

“So we are going to actually go to this thing? What if it’s some crazed wrestling stalker or something?”

I laugh slightly, as I glance over at him with a mock worried face on

“Yeah well sure you can protect me and in the worse case situation I could always push you at them, while I run away.”

“Ohh thanks”

“Yeah well you knows I loves ya!”

I laugh as I slip the tickets back into the envelope and look out at the road ahead, thinking to myself while running through the events of the night once more, always finding it more enjoyable when you actually won the match, rather than being left to dwell on mistakes made.

“So shall we go and see what this is about, hell we may even get to see a half decent show by the sounds of things, though can’t say exactly what sort of show it will be, but a show none the less.”

“I guess but, you know when folks go to a Vegas show they usually see a well known act, not just some show they have been left tickets for”

“Ohh where’s your sense of adventure? Plus it looks like we are going to be here for awhile longer, now I have this title shot so we might as well make the most of it and pick up a few more contracts and generally kick the bottom out of this town. After all you could be hanging out with one half of the future tag champions”

I laugh more than enjoying the idea right now and with a partner like Jessie it was more than a little possible and as with only one more match standing between us and the titles right now I can barely wait. Now feeling suitably fired up I smile to myself as I now grab the camera from my backpack and quickly knock it onto record.

"Ladies, Ladies! Can you believe that High Stakes is almost upon us, a night were Jessie and myself roll the dice once more as we plan to go big or go home, as this time we prove that last week was not some fluke especially when we kick you asses all over that arena.

Now last week might have thrown in a surprise gimmick but trust me this time, there are no gimmicks, no tricks and just two fake ass champions being relived of the titles they are not worthy of holding, especially considering how we barely had to break a sweat last week to beat you, so I'm really hoping that you bring more of a fight this week, especially as it's always better to go out swinging than just rolling over. So hows about it girls? You going to savor your last moments of being the tag champions by going out with a bang or is it going to be more of a wimper? The choice lies with you.....so hows about you come out and play!"

with these final words I end the recording and pull out the tape smiling to myself knowing that High Stakes really cannot come quick enough.
>.