Author Topic: Waking The Demon  (Read 1394 times)

Offline Jake Sullivan

• TAFKAR-The Artist Formerly Known As Rage
    • View Profile
    • Jake Sullivan
Waking The Demon
« on: August 30, 2012, 07:48:56 PM »

Climax Control Last Sunday

Following the Six-Man Tag Match..

Rage had wanted to be out at ringside during Gabriel, Despayre and Odette’s match up tonight.  He had wanted to be out there, but under Synn’s advice, had stayed backstage to prepare for his own match that would follow shortly after theirs.  It was probably a good idea that he had, because the events that followed the match only fueled the anger that was building inside of him.  He should have predicted it would happen, but he was blinded apparently.  Blinded by what?  He wasn’t entirely sure.  Never the less, it did in fact happen.

Carly Athens had joined the Dream Chasers, and Rage had watched it all unfold on the television screen backstage.  And, boy was he livid.

“You backstabbing…conniving…BITCH!” He shouts at the television screen, watching as Brooklyn Carter first raises Carly’s hand in the air, and they leave ringside with Sean Williams and DJ after another near attack on Gabriel.  Rage clenches his fists as he watches the four members of the Dream Chasers, but he keeps his eyes on one person and one person only…Carly.  

“How could I have been so fucking stupid?!” He shouts again, walking up to the television screening and shutting it off.  He is supposed to be heading to the ring shortly, but all he could think about was what just happened, and what this would mean for their…well, whatever they were to each other.  Just then, there is a knock on the door.

“What the fuck do you want?!” He yells angrily towards the door.

The door to the locker room opens, and an SCW staff member hesitantly walks in.

“Excuse me, Rage,” he says, his voice shaky. “But, your match is about to begin shortly.  We need you to head to the ring.”

Rage growls angrily, and grabs the SCW Heavyweight Title.  He follows the man outside the locker room, as he hears Nick Jones’ ever familiar and every bit as annoying entrance music blasting throughout the stadium.  He cracks his neck and his knuckles, holding his head high for what will be the final battle between him and Nick.

After Climax Control

It was a hard fought battle…one where both Rage and Nick Jones had beat each other senseless.  Both men were bruised and bloodied as they both fought to prove just who was the better between the two, one-on-one.  In the end, when it was all said and done, Rage’s night only got that much worse.

In just a matter of hours, Rage had lost both Carly Athens and now the SCW Heavyweight Championship.  Nick Jones had done it.  Nick had defeated him, and now Rage would be known as the former Heavyweight Champion.  What would that mean for him now?  Where does the big man go from here?  Well, only one place is on his mind at the moment, and it wasn’t the next stop in the Asian Tour.  While the others would be heading to New Delhi, Rage decided to pack his bags and catch a flight back to the states.  He had headed toward the airport before anyone else, because he knew they would try to stop him…Well, he knew Synn would anyway.  While he was waiting for his flight back to the states to board, he decided that instead of calling Synn and the other Sins members, he would just send Synn a tweet.  

@SCWSynn Just letting you know I’m heading back to the states for the week.  I won’t be going to India.

The conversation that had followed was a back and forth battle.  Rage had made it very clear he did not want to show up in India.  He had two reasons why.  First, he did not want to see Carly, and if he showed up, he’d be at ringside as lumberjack during Odette’s match…with Carly and Despayre as special referees.  Second, he absolutely did not want to hear Nick Jones run his mouth with the “I told you so” bullshit he was expecting.  No…he just wanted to steer clear of India all together.  But both Synn and Christian Underwood made it clear he had no choice.  He was contracted to be there.  So he told them he’d be in India by Saturday, though he was less than thrilled.  In the meantime, however, Rage has returned to the states.  He thought about returning to Vegas for the week, but at the last minute, decided against it.  

So where is he now?  Only Rage knows the answer to that question…

Undisclosed location, somewhere in the United States…

”How long do you plan on sulking, buddy?”

“What?  Who said that?” Rage says, looking around his darkened hotel room.

”Oh don’t be stupid.  You know damn well who said that dumbass!”

Rage shakes his head, again looking around, but he is all alone in his room. “Well, you obviously aren’t the Heavyweight Title, now are you?  No, you’re not because that arrogant prick, Nick Jones beat me on Sunday.”

”Gee, I wonder why that happened.  You and I both know why you lost on Sunday.  Don’t we, Rage?”

“I don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about, or even who the hell you are.  Now, I’d like to go back to sitting here in silence if you don’t mind.” Rage says to the voice speaking to him.

”Ah, ah, ah…I don’t think so.  I think my time being silent is done and over with, and it’s high time you start listening to me.  Start letting me have all the fun, because if you don’t, you’ll never get that Heavyweight Title back.”

Rage lets out a low, angry growl. “I’ll get the damn title back!  Trust me!”

”Oh really?  When, exactly?  Because if I remember correctly, that match with Nick on Sunday was supposed to be the last one.  Your rematch won’t be anytime soon, you know.”

“I don’t fucking know when it’ll happen, but I’m not just going to sit back and watch someone else fight for MY fucking title!” Rage snaps.

”You really don’t have a choice, buddy.  Which is why, in the meantime, you need to let me out.”

“Fuck off!” Rage yells out loud in the otherwise quiet hotel room.

”No can do big man.  Whether you like it or not, I’m coming out to play.  Now, we can do this the easy way…or we can do this the hard way.  Your choice.”

“You can stay right where you’re at, pal.” Rage replies, folding his arms across his bare chest. “I’m perfectly capable of fighting my own battles, so I’ll figure this situation out myself, asshole!”

”*laughs* You need to get past the denial.  You are highly INCAPABLE of fighting your own battles at the moment, especially with your stupid woman troubles with that—“

“Don’t you fucking say her name!” Rage growls, his eyes looking up, as if looking into his own mind.

”Carly Athens.”

In a fit, Rage bolts out of the chair he is sitting in, grabbing a hold of the coffee table and flipping it over.  He turns around, glides over to the desk, and punches the lamp, breaking it into pieces.

”Well done, idiot.  You just murdered a lamp, and attempted to murder a coffee table.  Is that supposed to impress anyone?  Let alone impress me?”

Rage grabs a hold of his head with both hands, and squeezes.  He clenches his eyes shut, and shakes his head. “Leave me alone!  Leave me alone!  LEAVE…ME…THE…FUCK…ALONE!”

”No can do, buddy.  I already told you.  You know what needs to be done, don’t you?  You know that you’ve left me locked away deep in the recesses of your mind for quite some time, and my return is long overdue, but you’re afraid.  You’re afraid because you don’t want to go back to that place, but listen to me here.  SCW is the perfect place for me to shine through.  If you don’t let me out willingly, I’ll be forced to take control when I see fit, and trust me when I say that might not be a wise idea.”

Rage falls to his knees, breathing heavily.  He still has a good grip on his head. “No…I can’t!  I can deal with this shit myself!”

”No, you can’t!  You’re supposed to be the Sin of Wrath, but what have you done to show that?  Especially lately!  You’re too wrapped up in those feelings running through your head for Carly, and it’s dragging you down, man!  Not only that, but now that you’ve got a secret admirer, you’re focusing on that too!  You’re letting everything going on outside the ring, affect what happens in the ring.  It’s all one big distraction and you know it.”

“I don’t have feelings for Carly.” Rage says quietly.

”Then you’re lying to yourself, because I know you do, and you know you do.  There is a reason you didn’t want to get involved with anyone, and it’s because you knew how it would affect you.  Look what happened with Electra all those years ago.  Besides, you shouldn’t even be worrying about Carly right now.  She made her choice on Sunday.  She did you a favor, so now you can go back to doing what you came to SCW to do.  Inflicting pain and rising to the top.”

“What the hell am I supposed to do now?  I’m being thrown into this war with the Dream Chasers.  I’m not complaining, but how the fuck am I supposed to sit back and watch and listen to Nick Jones as the Heavyweight Champion once again?!” Rage says, almost sounding like his choking back tears.  

”You make your own battle, Rage.  Forget Nick Jones for now.  Realize the mistake you made in keeping me locked away, because if you hadn’t, you’d still be the Heavyweight Champion.  You have to live with that mistake now…Live with it and learn from it.  What are you planning to do when you get to India?”

“I don’t know.  I’m trying not to think about that right now.” Rage says, placing his hands on his knees and looking at the floor.

”Well start thinking about it now, because you’re getting on a flight to India tomorrow, and once you’re in India, you’re going to let me out, and if not…Well, like I said, the choice is yours.  Easy way, or hard way, Rage?”

“What the hell are you going to do that I haven’t already done?” Rage asks.

*the voice laughs again*”Oh, you really have forgotten the damage I can do, haven’t you?  I’ll need to remind you of what I’m capable of soon, but now is not the time.  I’m leaving the decision up to you.  You let me out in India…or I take control forcibly.  Think about it, buddy.”

Rage stares ahead silently, not moving an inch.  He has a blank look in his eyes, as he just breathes, and thinks…thinks hard about the decision is he about to make, and how his choice will affect those around him…

How his choice will affect Sin City Wrestling…