Author Topic: Time to Right All of the Wrongs  (Read 390 times)

Offline Nick Jones

• View Profile
    • Nick Jones
Time to Right All of the Wrongs
« on: August 24, 2012, 10:35:22 PM »

Tuesday, August 21st, 2012

The scene fades in to show an outside shot of Nick Jones' rather large and impressive Los Angeles home.  A moment later, it then fades into his bedroom where in it, while the room is still dark and with the shades drawn, there is enough light to see Nick still laid out in bed, despite the clock next to his bed reading: "12:03 PM".  A moment later, the door to the bedroom opens and it can be seen that Nick's girlfriend, Diana has entered.  She makes a bee-line straight for the windows and proceeds to pull open one set of shades, causing sunlight to come flooding into the room and Nick to roll over as he pulls his blanket over his head.

Nick:  Ugh, what the hell was that for?!?

Diana:  You know exactly what it's for, it's because it's time for you to drag your ass out of bed and get up.

Nick lets out a groan upon hearing that.

Nick:  Well what if I don't want to get up?

Diana:  What do you mean?  Honey, it's already after noon, it's time to get up already.

Nick:  That's all well and good, but I feel like absolute horse shit alright?

Diana:  I understand that, and I'm not asking you to do a whole lot, but you're in good enough shape to get up and you've got a meeting you need to get to.

Nick:  Meeting?  What the hell are you talking about?  What meeting?

Diana:  The meeting with your publishers.  You know, the whole reason we flew back to LA last night in the first place?

Nick:  Those bozos?  Aren't they ever going to leave me the hell alone?

Diana:  Not until that book is finished and out there selling lots of copies.

Nick:  That's too bad for them, because I'm feeling like crap, and I don't want to go today.

Diana:  Listen, Jimmy has been calling all morning and he's not going to stop anytime soon.  He's going to be getting here in a little while and then you'll have to listen to his constant yammering yourself.  Is that what you really want?  Just get up, drag yourself to this meeting, and when you come back, I'll make you something to eat and you can spend the rest of the day just laying around and resting, trying to feeling better.  Alright?

Nick:  Yeah, yeah.  Fine.

Nick starts to kick the sheets off of himself and starts to slowly get himself out of bed wearing a pair of boxers.  Meanwhile, Diana walks over to a nearby chair set in the bedroom which she goes to and pulls some clothes off of it which she tosses onto the bed.

Diana:  Here.  I've already made your life easier and picked out something for you to wear.

Nick gets to the point so he's sitting on the edge of the bed and then turns towards the clothes Diana puts down and looks through them for a moment before turning back to Diana.

Nick:  This crap?  What the hell do I have to look so nice for these clowns for?  I'd rather be comfortable and just wear sweats or some crap, what do I care what they think.

Diana:  Oh, cut the crap.  This is a business meeting we're talking about here, and you and I both know you'd never let yourself be seen in public wearing sweats.  So stop your damn whining already and get in the shower.  I put some cold meds out on the sick for you to take and I'll go make some coffee for you and that way when Jimmy gets here you two can hit the road.

Nick nods at Diana before letting out a sigh and stumbling up off of the side of the bed and heading straight towards the bathroom.  Just as he is stumbling through the doorway to the bathroom, he calls back to Diana.

Nick:  You know, you're a real pain in my ass sometimes.  If it weren't for you I'd still be sleeping you know.

Nick then steps into the bathroom and slams the door closed behind him.  Diana has a scowl on her face as  a result of Nick's last comment, as she mumbles quietly to herself.

Diana:  A thank you would have been nice.

Diana turns and goes to walk out of the bedroom, but a moment later the bathroom door opens back open and Nick sticks his head out, causing her to stop.

Nick:  Babe...

Diana:  Listen, if you're sick I am NOT going in the shower with you.

Nick:  No no, not that, I just wanted to say... thanks.

Diana:  Oh, you're welcome.

Diana smiles at Nick who does so in return as well before he pulls his head back into the door and closes behind him.  Diana once again goes to leave the bedroom but as stopped again as the bathroom door reopens and Nick sticks his head out again.

Nick:  As far as your other comment there, I mean come on, I'm not THAT sick you know.

Nick then starts to suddenly go into a hacking cough fit as he covers up his mouth with his hands while Diana looks at him shaking he head.

Diana:  Is that so?

Nick pulls his hands away from his mouth and looks at them, with a look of disgust quickly coming across his face.  He then turns his attention back to Diana.

Nick:  Ok, scratch that.  I think you may have been right the first time.

Diana:  That's what I thought.

Nick quickly retreats back into the bathroom as Diana chuckles and finally manages to leave the bedroom successfully as the scene fades.

<hr width=50%>

One hour later...

The scene fades in to the waiting area of the familiar office of the publisher for Nick Jones' upcoming autobiography.  A moment later, the glass doors leading into the waiting area open and in walks Nick, with his personal agent Jimmy Mason by his side and his hired muscle, Tony Capicelli and Big B a few steps behind in tow.  Nick appears to be looking a little better from before, with a shower and some meds seeming to help him out a bit.  As Tony and Big B stay back, both Nick and Jimmy walk straight up to the reception desk, where the receptionist is seen just finishing up a phone call on her headset phone.  As she finishes, she is quick to turn her attention to the two men.

Receptionist:  Hello gentlemen, what can I do for you to today?

Jimmy:  Hey baby, we're here for a meeting with Mr. Frisman.

Receptionist:  Oh ok, great.  I believe Mr. Frisman is already ready and waiting for you.  If you could give me just one minute, I will show you two the way to your meeting.

Nick:  Don't sweat it, we've been here plenty of times before.  We know where his office is, you can feel free to stay put.

Receptionist:  Actually sir, the meeting will not be taking place in his office today.  He has your meeting scheduled for one of our conference rooms.

Nick is quick to turn to Jimmy upon hearing that, who does the same to Nick in return, as they both somewhat puzzled by this news.  They eventually shrug it off before returning their attention to the receptionist.

Jimmy:  Alright then, I guess we'll wait for you to show us the way then.

With that, the receptionist finishes what she was typing into her computer before going back to her phone.  With a quick dial of an extension, she waits for a moment before beginning to speak.

Receptionist:  Mr. Frisman, Mr. Jones and Mr. Mason are here to see you.

The receptionist hesitates for a few moments, clearly listening to the response before speaking again.

Receptionist:  Ok then, I'll bring them right in.

The receptionist hangs up the phone and is quick to stand up from her chair as she looks to Nick and Jimmy.

Receptionist:  Mr. Frisman is all ready for you, so if you two would just follow me.

Nick:  Sure, just give me one second.

Nick then turns around, bringing his attention back to his cousin, Big B, and Tony.

Nick:  You two lugs stay here.  This shouldn't take too long.

Tony:  Sure t'ing, boss.

Big B:  But I want to sit in on the meeting!

Nick:  I'm sorry, did something about my comment give you the impression this was open for discussion.

Big B:  I just thought that...

Nick:  And there's your problem right there, you should know better than to think.  Now sit your ass down.

Tony rolls his eyes in the direction of Big B regarding his co-workers need to argue the point and goes and sits down in one of the waiting room chairs placed right behind him as Big B continues on.

Big B:  Come on cuz!  Just let me know go in there with you!  I swear I won't say a word.  I'll just sit there real quiet like.

Nick:  Oh yeah, where have I heard that one before?  Listen, we'll be back soon ya big baby, Tony will be out here with you, so just sit down and shutup.

Big B:  But...

Nick:  No buts!

Nick then looks in the direction of Tony.

Nick:  Help me out here Tone.

Tony doesn't say a word in response, but simply nods in Nick's direction.  Tony then, from his seat in one of the waiting room chairs, reaches forward and grabs Big B by the pack of the shirt and proceeds to pull him back down into the chair directly next to him.  B plops down in the chair and upon doing so, he concedes the argument although cannot help but to look at Tony with a pouty look of disappointment.

Tony:  Don't give me dat friggin' look, a'ight?

Nick laughs and shakes his head at this scene before turning back to Jimmy and the receptionist.

Nick:  Sorry about that.  Lead the way.

The receptionst than pushes a button on the counter to unlock the two large glass doors behind them that she then proceeds to lead Nick and Jimmy through.  After a few twists and turns through the hallways, she then eventually stops with them right in front of a door.

Receptionist:  Here you go gentlemen.  Mr.  Frisman and his associates are waiting right through this door for you.

Nick:  His associates?

Receptionist:  Well... yes.

Nick:  What associates?

Receptionist:  I'm really not sure to be honest.

Jimmy:  Nicky baby, don't sweat it, we'll be fine.  Thanks for bringing us over here, baby.

The receptionist seems taken back by Jimmy's repeated references to her as "baby" and rather than responding, simply smiles and nods before walking away.  As she steps away, Nick and Jimmy turn back towards the door, open and up and step inside.  As they step inside, they see a large conference room which is already filled with a variety of people they have never before seen all around the conference table.  While Jimmy makes a bee-line for the publishing executive, Stephen Frisman, with his hand outstretched for a handshake, Nick seems less than pleased and makes it known quickly.

Nick:  So what's with the ambush, huh Stevie?

Frisman goes to respond, but before he can get a word out, another of the other clearly executive level men in the meeting is quick to chime in.

Executive:  That's Mr. Frisman to you, son.

Nick glares at the man with a rather displeased look, but before it can go any further, Frisman turns his attention to the other executive.

Frisman:  It's fine, Bill, don't worry about it.

Stephen Frisman than turns his attention back to Nick who has now, along with Jimmy, taken seats at the two empty spots at the end of the conference table.

Frisman:  Sorry about this Nick, I can assure you this wasn't originally planned.  It's just that there's been a lot of talks about some of the things going on over these past few weeks, I've been getting a lot of questions and we all felt it would be best for some of these folks to get to talk to you directly.  So I figured since we already had this meeting set, I'd invite them along.  Trust me, I didn't mean this to come across like an ambush.

Jimmy:  Mr. Frisman, baby, trust me, we completely understand.  It's not an issue at all.

Nick glares at Jimmy, seeming quite unhappy with Jimmy reverting to his more pandering nature when it comes to dealing with high-level executives.

Nick:  Yeah sure, whatever he says.  So what's up anyway?  Why don't we cut to the chase and you let me know what everyone here wants to talk about.

Frisman:  Well as you are obviously well aware, a number of things have changed with your situation over the past month or so, and there's people here who feel that changes what exactly we have in our product of your book.

Nick:  Oh really?  And how exactly is that?

Frisman:  Well with all due respect, Nick.  We have seen not only a change in your on-screen persona, which let's be honest, isn't quite as appealing to the typical fanbase, but you have also lost your position as your company's top champion.

Nick:  Yeah, so?  How exactly is the Nick Jones sitting in front of you right now any different than the guy you signed this book deal with to begin with?  I was hardly anyone's favorite back then, and I hadn't even won the title yet either.  You guys should be happy I even did what I did there to help sell as many books as we've had before this damn thing is even finished.

Frisman:  Let's be clear here, there's nothing we're complaining about.  We're just discussing facts.  You're absolutely right, what happened with your wrestling career in the months after you signed your book deal has been nothing but great for both sides.  The only thing we have to admit is that what has happened over this past month has changed the way we need to approach things a bit.  We need a little different perspective.

Nick:  What exactly is that supposed to mean?

With that, the other executive from earlier, Bill, is quick to chime in.

Bill:  What he means is marketing.  The marketing you do for the best in the business or for everyone's favorite is a lot different for the marketing you do for, well... you.

Bill motions over towards Nick, whose initial response is to laugh and shake his head before responding.

Nick:  Me, huh?  Well let's start off by getting one thing straight.  I am and forever will be the VERY BEST in this business.  You got that?  Any morons who would like to debate that point will be shut up about it very soon.  The fact that I've been screwed out of MY belt twice in the past month and a half doesn't change what I am and just to keep you guys up to speed, this coming Sunday that will all be righted as I WILL be getting that belt back around my waist.

Frisman:  Well that's great to hear Nick!

Bill:  Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.  Even if you're right, the attitude is still something that needs to be accounted for.

Jimmy:  Baby, what exactly are you saying here?

Bill:  Cut the shit with that baby garbage, alright Mason?

Jimmy lowers his head in the process, bringing both his demeanor and volume down a few notches.

Jimmy:  Sorry sir.

Nick glares at Jimmy disgustingly about his reaction as the conversation continues on.

Bill:  The point is it's not that we can't still sell the shit out of this book, but if we're going to do it, we need to do it right.  That's a lot different than what we had been doing these past couple of months now.

Jimmy:  So what would your recommendation be?

Without a word, Bill motions over to one of the other men sitting in the room, a significantly younger guy seated next to Bill.

Man:  Well here's what we had in mind...

Nick is quick to cut the man off as he directs his next question towards Stephen Frisman.

Nick:  Who the hell is this kid?

Frisman:  This is George, he's one of our top young minds in the marketing department.  We feel he's really done a great job in helping us connect with the younger, target demographic.

Nick:  If you say so.

George:  So what our plan was is that we need to work on improving your image.  That doesn't necessarily mean you need to change anything about the way you're acting or anything like that, it's just a matter of getting the fans to connect with you, exactly the way you are.

Nick:  Good luck with that.

George:  It's not as crazy as you might think.  Keep in mind, in the world we live in today, people don't always love the "good guy".  Even if they do, people still want to have that guy that they love to hate.  All you need to do is take it that next step so that connection there turns into a big money connection.  We've seen it done in the wrestling business before, that's for sure, so the question is what's the best way to do it for you, in today's market.

Jimmy:  I think I know where this is going, and I'm liking it.

George:  Oh really?  Well that's what I like to hear.

Nick starts to look nervous, as he looks back and forth between Jimmy and George.

Nick:  What?  What the hell are you two talking about?

Jimmy keeps his attention on George, speaking directly to him.

Jimmy:  I'll warn you right now, he's not going to like it though.

George:  I'm sure we can work on that.

Jimmy:  Trust me, ba...

Jimmy cuts himself off from saying "baby" once again as he shoots a quick look over in Bill's direction before clearing his throat and continuing.

Jimmy:  ... George, I've tried before.

Nick:  Will you two cut the shit with this ominous crap and tell me what the hell is going on?

George:  Here's the deal, Nick.  We want you to bond with the fans.  Get in touch with them.  Communicate with them.  We think it'll create a huge marketing advantage and in today's world, the question is what's the best way to do that?  The answer is simple... Twitter.

Upon hearing that dreadful word, the already displeased look on Nick's face quickly becomes so much worse.

Nick:  Oh you have GOT to be kidding me with this shit!  I'm sorry, do I look like a 15 year old with no friends who would rather spend all day rotating between his computer, his laptop, his cell phone and his tablet?  No, I actually have a life, meaning I don't have time to waste it away with the saddest creatures this world has ever seen on that idiotic little shitfest known as Twatter.

George:  Actually it's...

Nick shoots a glare in George's direction, and George is quick to get the hint, while simulatenously realizing that Nick's supposed mistake was in fact quite intentional.  In the meantime, Nick's antics seem to have frustrated the executive Bill quite a bit.

Bill:  You know what?  I am getting sicked and tired of...

Before he can go on any further, Frisman is quick to put a head up to his fellow executive to get him to stop and is quick to take the conversation in another direction.

Frisman:  Nick, listen, I completely understand where you're coming from here.  To this day I still don't get it, and I'm hardly a fan of the whole twitter thing.  Anyone in this room can tell you I was the last one on board with us using it as a marketing tool.  I thought it was completely childish nonsense.  With all of that said, the market research is what it is.  All of the studies show that Twitter is one of the best marketing tools going on out there these days, as much as it pains me to admit it.  That's particularly so when your target demographic is in the age range that we're really looking at to do our greatest sales.  Listen, I totally understand your opinion on this matter, but it's something that'd I'd really ask you to consider.

Nick:  I'll think about it, but I wouldn't hold me breath if I were any of you.

Frisman:  I get it.  In the meantime, let's talk about some of the other questions and ideas that have been thrown out there so far.  Things that are sure to be a lot less bothersome to you.  These are basically just some more ideas to make us all more money.

Jimmy:  Now that's what I like to hear!

Nick:  Alright, let's here it.

From there, a number of the other men and women who had been previously sitting in quietly on the meeting start to chime in, as various sales and marketing questions start to come up as the scene slowly fades out.

<hr width=50%>

Twenty minutes later...

The scene fades back into the waiting area of the publishing company, where Tony and Big B are seen sitting and waiting.  Both men are currently playing on their cell phones and after a few moments, a beep is heard coming from Tony's first.  After a few clicks on his phone, a look of confusion comes across Tony's face.  Tony then looks down at his phone, then over at Big B, then back down at his phone.  Eventually Tony turns his attention towards Big B and proceeds to slap him right upside the head.  Big B is quick to grab the back of his head and spin around to look at Tony.

Big B:  Hey!  What was that for?

Tony:  Wha's a matta' witchu?

Big B:  What did I do?

Tony:  You's don't needs to be tweetin' me da' same damn t'ings you just finished tellin' me 'bout two friggin' minutes ago!

Big B:  It's just so much fun to tweet though!

Tony:  Ya know, I'd call you's an idiot, but it'd be an insult to all da' millions of idiots out dere!

Big B:  Yeah, you wouldn't to insult millions of people, that wouldn't be very nice.

Tony hesitates for a few seconds, looking at Big B to see if he catches on to what was just said, but as he clearly does not, Tony simply chuckles before continuing on.

Tony:  T'anks for provin' my point.

Big B:  You're welcome.

Tony can't help but laugh again, as the doors leading into the main area of the publisher open up and out walk Nick and Jimmy.  As Tony and Big B spot them, both men are quick to get back to their feet as Nick and Jimmy head over to them.

Tony:  How'd it go, boss?

Nick:  Fine.  Whatever.

Big B:  Uh oh.  That doesn't sound good.

Nick:  No, most of it was pretty inconsequential stuff.  Not a big deal really.

Jimmy:  But there was one thing that our baby Nicky here was not so happy about.

Nick is quick to turn his head at Nick and quietly send a rather displeased comment in his direction.

Nick:  Why did you have to bring that up.

Big B:  Why's that?  What made you unhappy, Nick?

Nick:  It's nothing, don't worry about it.  I'll take care of it myself.

Jimmy:  It's not nothing.  I know you don't want to hear it, but the idea is money, baby!

Big B:  What is it?

Tony:  Yeah, I's can't see boss bein' unhappy 'bout anyt'ing dats gonna make him more money.

Jimmy:  There's one thing that he would be, and I think you both already know what that is.

Tony and Big B both turn to each other and nod, both seeming to quickly figure out what Jimmy is referencing.  They both then hold up their cell phones, each currently having their respective twitter pages already up on the screen.  Upon seeing this, Nick scowls and swatters both their hands, and the phones in them, away from him.

Nick:  Put that crap away, and let's get the hell out of here.  I'm going back to bed.

Nick then shoves his way past Big B and Tony and starts to make his way to the exit door.  As he gets a few steps away, B excitedly turns his attention towards Tony and Jimmy.

Big B:  This is going to be so great!  Cuz is finally going to be on twitter!

Nick stops in his tracks and quickly turns around, walking right up to Big B and getting into his face, or at least as close to in the face of his significantly taller cousin as he can get.

Nick:  I never said that!  Got it?  Now everyone shut up and let's get out of here.  I feel like crap and it's time to go home.

Nick walks away again with Jimmy quickly following behind him and Tony and Big B a few steps behind.  B then turns his attention to Tony, whispering to him in order to make sure Nick cannot hear.

Big B:  This is going to be SO awesome.  High five!

Big B raises his hand up in Tony's direction for a high five while Tony looks at him like he's nuts.  As B refuses to lower his hand, Tony eventually rolls his eyes before looking to make sure Nick isn't watching and then eventually begrudgingly giving Big B a high five.  The two then start to follow Nick and Jimmy out the door as Big B turns his attention back to his phone.

Big B:  I'm so totally going to tweet about this!

Big B starts to type away on his phone while all four men leave the building as the scene fades.

<hr width=50%>

Later that night...

The scene opens back up in the bedroom of Nick Jones, where he has returned back to his bed as he rests from his sickened state.  Shortly after, Diana comes walking into the room with a tray in her hands and a steaming bowl of soup place upon it.  As he hears her walk in, and seeing her with the soup in her hands, Nick rolls over onto his back and pushes his pillows up against the wall, before sitting up and leaning back against them.  Diana places the tray down onto Nick's lap and hands him a spoon as a faint smile appears on his face.  The sound of Nick's stuffy voice is then heard from him.

Nick:  Thanks honey.

Nick goes to lean in to give Diana a kiss, but she is quick to pull away in order to avoid it.

Diana:  You're welcome, babe.

Nick seems unphased by Diana's reaction, as he turns his attention back to the soup and begins to eat.  After Nick has had a few spoonfuls, Diana begins to speak.

Diana:  So how did your meeting go?

Nick:  Fine.

Diana:  Fine?  That's it?

Nick is not quick to respond, instead having a few more spoonfuls of soup before turning back to Diana.

Nick:  Yeah... why?

Diana:  Well I just thought you might have a little more details to give.

Nick:  About what?  There's not really any details to give.

Diana:  That's not what I heard.

That comment causes Nick to immediately drop his spoon as he turns back towards Diana.

Nick:  What do you mean by that?

Diana:  Nothing.

Nick:  Don't give me that.  I'm sick, that means you're supposed to be nice to me.  So what did you hear?

Diana:  Fine.  I just happened to overhear some of the conversation between the guys after you got back.

Nick:  Yeah.  So?

Diana:  Well it just seems like there's some things worth discussing that happened today.

Nick:  What if I just don't want to talk about them?  Did you ever think of that?

Diana:  It's not that I didn't think about it.  It's just that I thought that we were past that.  Come on, I think we've gotten to the point where you know you can tell me anything.  I'm not going to judge and maybe I can help you figure some things out.

Nick:  I appreciate that really.  I just think you've got the wrong idea about today.

Diana:  Well based on what I was told, I don't think that's the case.

Nick:  And who exactly told you about this?

Diana:  Your cousin.

Nick:  My cousin?  Seriously?

Diana:  Yeah, why?

Nick:  I'm just saying, do you really wanting to be relying on any of your knowledge base coming from that big dumb goof?

Diana:  Actually, no.  Which is exactly why I'm asking you to fill me in.  So how about you go ahead and do that.

Nick:  Aw crap.

Diana:  I got you there, didn't I?

Nick:  Don't get too cocky, it's only because I was too sick to see that one coming.

Diana:  You're worrying about me getting cocky?  Oh honey.

Nick:  Hey now, I'm not cocky...

Diana:  Yeah, yeah.  I've heard it a thousand times.  Let's get to the dirt from today, alright?

Nick lets out a deep sigh before responding.

Nick:  Fine.

Nick hesitates for a moment and seems to be thinking things over before eventually starting to begrudgingly recapping the day's events.

Nick:  Alright fine.  Most of the stuff that happened today was inconsequential crap that none of us could care less about, but there might have been ONE thing that piqued a lot of people's interest, and left me having to make a pretty big decision.

Diana:  And that was?

Nick:  It's this stupid thing that they want me to do, for marketing purposes.

Diana:  Come on, Nick, you're killing me.  Just cut to the chase already.  What do they want you to do?

Nick:  These damn idiots want me...

Nick stops and lets out a deep sigh as Diana now gives Nick a rather annoyed look, waiting for him to hurry up and say it.

Nick:  ... to sign up for twitter.

Diana:  Oh, that's it?

Nick:  What do you mean "that's it"?  I've been talking about how much I hate that garbage filled with the world's pathetic excuse for humanity for years now.

Diana:  Yeah, I know, and trust me, I'm totally with you on that, but the way you were acting it sounded like something far more serious.  If you hate the idea that much, can't you just tell them "no"?

Nick:  Well yeah, I guess I could, but unfortunately it's not quite that easy.

Diana:  Why not?

Nick:  As much as I hate to have to do admit it, they did actually bring up a somewhat valid point.  There's some legitimacy to their idea that it's a strong marketing tool, and the research that's out there definitely backs up what they're saying.  Sure the people on that site are pathetic wastes of life, but those are the kind of idiots who are the easiest to manipulate into buying the shit that you want them to.

Diana:  I see what you're saying, and I definitely get both sides of it.  Don't get me wrong, I think that twitter is completely lame and the point of congregation for all of the people out there who are too afraid to actually talk to the opposite sex.  With that said, this isn't about that, it's about money and from the sounds of it, this can help bring in plenty more of it.  It's tough not to like that.

Nick:  Yeah, exactly.  Trust me, that's the only reason that I'm even slightly considering it.  But the bottom line is, I can't get over those same nagging thoughts in the back of my head.  I just really don't want to do it.

Diana:  I hear you.  Why don't you just take some time and think it over?  You don't need to be stressing yourself out any, you're sick enough as it is.  I'm sure nothing is going to change if you wait a couple of days to make this decision.

Nick:  Yeah, this sickness is giving me enough stress on it's own as it is.

Diana:  Why is that?

Nick:  I've got this title match on Sunday and I'm laying here sick in bed.  Sure, I'm not that bad and should be better in a few days, but think about it.  I was in bed from the moment we got back from the airport yesterday and, outside of that stupid meeting, all day today as well.  Plus, I'm likely going to still be too sick to do anything tomorrow.  It's going to be half way through the way without any sort of working out or prepartion for this match.  If I lose this match on Sunday and trust me, I have no reason to believe that I will, but if I do, it's going to be because of this stupid sickness.

Diana:  Oh, cut the crap already.  Since when have you EVER done any working out or prep for your matches on a Monday or Tuesday?

Nick:  Well, um...

Diana:  That's right, NEVER!  And you were never going to workout tomorrow anyway considering we have to grab a flight out to Thailand, so shut up already.  You're not going to lose this match Sunday and you know what, if you're still too sick by the end of the week, then you can start complaining about it.  It's not like you're going to get forced into the ring if you're not healthy enough to fight, so in the unlikely case that becomes an issue, we can work it all out then, and I'm sure they'll work to reschedule the match or something.  In the much more likely case that doesn't happen, cut the crap and go win that match like you're meant to, alright?

Nick:  Yeah, fine, whatever.

With that, Nick rolls over in bed, turning his back towards Diana and pulling the blanket up to his neck.  Diana rolls her eyes at Nick's reaction before turning and walking for the bedroom door.  Just as she's about to walk out, Jimmy, Big B, Tony and Max all come walking into the room.  She steps aside and lets them walk in and turns to them for a moment.

Diana:  Word of warning, Nick turns into a big baby when he gets sick.  So good luck dealing with him.

Diana then turns and walks out of the bedroom, the group goes over to talk to Nick, but before they can Max quickly stops them.

Max:  Oh gawd, Nick is sick?!?  Why didn't you guys tell me this?!?

Tony:  Cuz we knew you's freak out or sumt'in.  Kinda like you is doin' right now.

Max:  Oh gawd, I can't get sick right now, I'm out of here!

Max quickly turns and bolts for the doorway, running straight out of the bedroom as the other three watch him in confusion.  They turn back to each other and all give a shrug before walking over to Nick's bedside and turning their attention to their boss.

Big B:  Hey cuz, how you feeling?

Nick:  How the hell does it look like I'm feeling.

Big B:  Um... sick?

Nick:  Wow, no kidding?  Somebody give the rocket scientist here a medal.

Big B:  I'm not a rocket scientist, silly.  I'm one of your bodyguards, remember?

Jimmy and Tony both look at Big B like he's an idiot, and Jimmy is quick to push his way past B to get closer to Nick as Tony pulls Big B back.

Jimmy:  Nicky, baby, we just wanted to come and check in on you.  Make sure you're doing alright and see if you need anything.

Nick:  What I need is to be left the hell alone.

Jimmy:  Completely understand, but there's just one quick thing we wanted to talk to you about before we left.

Nick:  Do we really have to do this crap now?

Jimmy:  We kind of do, baby, we kind of do.

Nick:  Fine.  Make it quick.

Jimmy:  Alright, well we all talked, and we think you really need to go ahead and do this twitter thing.  And as quick as possible.

Nick:  Oh really?  Why exactly is that?

Tony:  T'ink about it boss, if you's ain't on dere, how you's gonna know if punks like Rage is trash-talking ya or whateva', huh?

Jimmy:  Yeah, exactly.  Nicky, Rage has been trashing you all week, baby!

That comment quickly grabs Nick's attention, as he sits right up in bed.

Nick:  He has?

Big B:  No, he has n...

Tony smacks Big B upside the head before he can finish his sentence, but Nick picks up on it and looks annoyed as he turns his attention to Tony.

Nick:  What the hell was that?

Tony:  Nuttin' boss.

Nick:  Do you guys think I'm an idiot?  So B is saying Rage hasn't been saying anything about me, is that right?

Tony:  You's should know betta' than to listen to dat idiot, boss.

Big B:  HEY!

Tony raises his hand up as if he's going to hit Big B as he turns back towards him.  Big B is quick to flinch as Tony keeps his hand raised.

Tony:  Shuddup!

Tony slowly lowers his hand as he turns back towards Nick.

Tony:  Of course dat big doof has been trashin' ya, boss.

Big B:  No, I haven't!

Tony:  Not you, dumbass... Rage.

Big B:  Oh.  Are you sure?  Hold on, let me check.

Big B pulls out his cell phone as both Tony and Jimmy can be seen rolling their eyes.  B then starts punching away on his phone for a few moments before stopping and scratching his head.

Big B:  See, I'm on Rage's twitter page right now and I don't see anything about Nick.  Can you guys show me one of the tweets you are talking about?

Jimmy steps over next to Big B and looks at his phone before eventually pointing to something on the screen.

Jimmy:  What about that one?

Big B:  Are you sure that's about Nick?

Tony:  You's kiddin' me?  Yeah!

Big B:  Oh, ok.  I'm still not sure if that's not nice though.  What does this word mean?

Big B points to a word on his phone screen and as Tony looks at it, he leans over and whispers something into Big B's ear.

Big B:  Ooooh, right.  That.

Big B then turns his attention back to Nick.

Big B:  Yeah, never mind, I take it back.  Rage was totally talking trash about you, cuz.

Nick:  That little son of a bitch.

Jimmy:  See?  That's what we're talking about, baby.  You'd never know about that if not for twitter.

Nick:  Alright, fine.  I get your point.  I'll think about it, alright?  Now get the hell out of here so I can get some sleep.

Jimmy:  But Nicky...

Nick:  I said I'll think about it.  NOW GO!!

Nick lays back down and rolls over, this time turning away from the three men in his room and pulling his blanket up over his head.  Jimmy then turns back to Tony and Big B, quietly talking to them.

Jimmy:  Diana was right, he is a baby when he's sick.

Nick:  I can hear you, ya know!

Jimmy gets a frightened look on his face upon hearing that and, not knowing how to respond, he quickly turns and runs out of the bedroom door.  Big B, not quite seeming to be sure what's going on, goes ahead and runs right after Jimmy, leaving Tony behind shaking his head at the two of them.  Tony then turns back to Nick for a moment.

Tony:  Feel betta', boss.

Nick:  Thanks Tone.  Who would have guessed when this all started even with the way you talk, you'd still be the least annoying one in this group.

Tony:  Who da frig knows, but it ain't like it's all dat hard wit' dis group.  Lata' boss.

Tony turns and walks out of the bedroom, leaving Nick alone in the room once again, which draws a nice deep breath of relaxation out of Nick as the scene fades out.

<hr width=50%>

A few days later...

The scene opens up backstage in the locker room area of the Mee Suwan Stadium in Bangkok, Thailand.  A couple of seconds later, the door to the locker room opens and in walks Nick first, followed along shortly thereafter by the entirety of his entourage, as they seem to be in the midst of an argument.

Nick:  For the last time, I've told you I'm feeling fine.  The match is not going to be a problem so stop giving me such a hard time about it.  I'm not asking for a postponement, so just cut the crap already.  I swear, sometimes I feel like you act like you're my mother.

Nick turns back around to face the group of Diana, Big B, Tony, Max and Jimmy as he finishes he last statement.  Nick expects and waits for a response, but surprisingly enough, it turns out the response is not coming from Diana.

Big B:  I am not!  I just want to make sure you're feeling ok!

Nick:  And like I've already told you a dozen times, I'm fine!

Tony:  Come on B, back off da boss already, a'ight?  He says he's fine.  Man up!

Diana:  Seriously B, grow some balls.

The rest of the room turns and looks at Diana in shock that the comment just came from her.

Diana:  What?  Don't look at me like that.  I'm his girlfriend for crying out loud and even I'm not carrying on about his health.  I made sure he was feeling like he'd be able to go for his match before we got on the plane, he said he was, and so here we are.  He's a big boy, I think he can take care of himself.

Nick:  Thanks, babe.

Diana:  Besides, we all know if Nick were still actually sick, he'd be sure to make sure we all heard about it.  Over, and over, and...

Nick:  You couldn't just let it go, could you?

Diana:  What can I say?  I learned from the best.

Diana smiles at Nick who gets a slight chuckle from that before turning back to Big B.

Nick:  See?  You happy now.

Big B lowers his head and stares at his feet as he begrudgingly mumbles in response.

Big B:  I guess so.

Jimmy:  Nicky, baby, what's the deal with this?

Nick turns around and see's Jimmy standing a few feet off to the side, standing in front of one of the lockers.

Nick:  What's the deal with what?

Jimmy:  This.

Jimmy reaches over and snags a piece of paper that was taped onto the front of the locker.  He holds it up in Nick's direction.

Nick:  How the hell should I know?

Jimmy:  It's got your name on it.

Nick:  What is that supposed to mean?

Jimmy:  No seriously, it literally has your name written right on the front.

Nick:  You're kidding me, right?  Let me see that.

Nick walks over to Jimmy and as he does, Jimmy immediately hands the piece of paper over to Nick who looks it over and sees it is folded up with the outside having written on it "To My Old Buddy Nick Jones".  Nick looks up at the others with confusion.

Nick:  What's with this crap?  Did one of you guys do this?

Nobody responds, but instead Nick gets nothing but some shaking heads from all of the members of the entourage.

Nick:  This is some weird shit, but I guess I might as well see what it says.

Nick unfolds the piece of paper and starts to look it over before reading it out loud.

Nick:  "Well Nick, it looks like our mutual friend Hot Stuff Mark Ward is no longer the only one around here I owe an ass-kicking to.  Just remember, I'm never all that far away.  See you soon! Love, your good friend, the Beautiful One, Billy James."

Nick takes the piece of paper and slams it down onto the bench in front of the lockers before turning back to the entourage.

Nick:  What the hell is this shit?!?  Now this washed up old hack is stalking my ass?  You have got to be kidding me.  What kind of shoddy security job is this place doing that their letting that loser get back here anyway?  This is absolute crap, and I won't be putting up with it.

Diana:  I don't think it's anything worth getting all worked up over, Nick.  It's just a stupid letter.  You don't even know if it's really from him, or just one of the guys on the roster screwing with you.

Nick:  Oh, trust me, it's from that has been.  If we've seen anything out of him, it's that he can't get past his massive inferiority complex he gets every time he turns on an SCW show.

Diana:  Even if it is him, who cares?  You know as well as I do, even is his prime he was nothing compared to you.  Now the guy has been out of the business for who knows how long, if he was ever stupid enough to try to fight you, it would not end well for him.  You can't tell me you wouldn't enjoy the opportunity of kicking his ass.

Nick:  Of course, but that's not the point.  You never know what some sorry sad pathetic piece of crap like him is going to do.  The kind of things such sad and desperate people will do is unbelievable.

Diana:  Maybe you're right, but you've always got B and Tone here watching your back.  It'll be fine.

Nick:  You've got one thing right, it sure will be fine.  That's because I'm going to get this taken care of right now.  You all stay here, I'll be right back.

Diana:  Where are you going?

Nick:  There's at least one person around here who hates this scumbag more than me, and I know he has the power to make sure we never have to deal with this nonsense ever again.  I'm going to go make sure that happens, right now.

Nick snatches the letter off the bench and goes storming out of the locker room, leaving the entourage behind as he heads off to go address the situation.

<hr width=50%>

Nick Jones is storming along through the backstage area, when he suddenly starts cutting straight through the interview area.  As he's about to pass through he is stopped as, upon seeing him, Ms. Rocky Mountains is quick to stop right in front of him, cutting Nick off and causing him to stop.

RM:  Nick!  Nick!  Can I talk to you please?

Nick:  Listen Tits, I've really got to go.  I'm a man on a mission here.

RM:  Please, for just a minute.  I only have a few questions.

Nick:  Fine, but back it quick Jugs.

RM:  You know, you've gotten a lot lazier with those nicknames for me.

Nick:  Sorry, what can I say, I told you I'm in a rush.

RM:  Fair enough, so let's get started.

Rocky turns towards the camera and a moment later gets the signal that they're rolling.

RM:  I'm standing by backstage with the challenger for the SCW Heavyweight Championship, Nick Jones, who will be facing the champion Rage in the main event of this week's edition of Climax Control.  Nick, to start things off, why don't you go back and tell us your thoughts about how things went down in your match at Summer XXXtreme?

Nick:  What more is there really to say?  In yet another attempt to try to keep the title from me, I get my rematch stuck into the middle of a 6-pack challenge.  Unfortunately for my biggest fan, Co-Prez Underwood, and his little buddy Rage, that wasn't enough to keep me down.  So I outlasted 4 other chumps with relative ease before finally putting myself into the situation that the match should have been from day one, Nick Jones verses Rage, one-on-one.  In the end what happened?  I planted Rage down on the mat, laying his ass out and getting the cover.  The three was counted and what you should be looking at right now is the SCW Champion, with my belt finally returned to its rightful owner.  Well, apparently the referee was also on the payroll of Rage and Christian, because she fabricated some bullshit story about how some chump who had just gotten laid out by yours truly, magically managed to pin me while I was pinning him, to give an excuse as to why she could give the title she just lost back to Rage.  So now, two weeks later, here we are.  The SCW fans, as stupid as they are, aren't even stupid enough to fall for that load of shit and so now, they were left with no other choice but to give me the shot I should have gotten a month and a half ago: one-on-one to return the title back home.

RM:  What do you say to the fact that there have been numerous replays analyzed and reviewed by multiple members of the SCW staff, and there's been a cons`ensus that the call made in that match was indeed the correct one.

Nick:  Well what do you expect?  You actually think they're going to admit that the call that one of their owners wanted was wrong?  Even I know a comment like that from some no-named staff putz is basically equivalent for that person begging to be fired.  But let's say for a second, that this ridiculous concept of a so-called double pin actually happened.  Everyone who was watching that match knows that I'm the one who hit Rage with the move that ended that match, and that I put Rage down for the three count.  So even if it's true, and that ridiculous double-pin decision was right, what does that say about Rage?  That he had blind luck save his title?  Well whoop-dee-friggin-doo.  I mean, the entire concept would be that the only reason I'm not champion, is that I mistakenly had my shoulders on the mat as I was in the process of defeating Rage.  Nothing he did, no move he performed or no action that he took is what led to that happening.  Rather, it's apparently some great accomplishment that while I defeated him in this ring, and he laid there unable to kick out of the move I performed, that I made a slight mistake that the not even him, but the referee, decided to take advantage of.  Is that about the size of it?

RM:  I'm not sure...

Nick:  It was a rhetorical question Chesty.  I know better than to think you'd dare rock the boat and agree with something I say, regardless of how balls on accurate it really is.  Let's just move on, shall we?

RM:  Ok then, why don't you tell us if you have any particular thoughts on this upcoming match?

Nick:  It's just another match, what more is there to say that hasn't already been said?  It's not like there's any particularly shocking that you can come to expect.  Although, what I really can't believe is that there is word going around that apparently Rage is bitching about the fact that he has to face me again.  Is that true?

RM:  Well...

Nick:  Don't strain yourself there, I already know it is.  So why don't we recap those matches we've had to date for a moment, shall we?  The first match we faced each other, I was the reigning world champion and he was given a title shot, one-on-one, in the main event of London Brawling.  In that match, I beat his ass, all on my own, right in the center of that damn ring.  You remember that, don't you?  A yes or no will suffice.

RM:  Yes.

Nick:  Well done.  Anyway, after that match somehow, just a few short months later, for no particular reason that was ever explained to me, they turn around and gave Rage ANOTHER one-on-one title shot.  A shot that I was given absolutely no notice of whatsoever and was right on the heels of what was, at the time, my biggest title defense yet.  So that little shithead steals the match and robs me of my title.  It takes over a month for me to get my title rematch and what happens?  I have to deal with four of SCW's biggest pricks getting thrown into my title rematch as well.  Consider that for a moment, a complete nobody in Rage gets TWO one-on-one shots at me, but the former champ doesn't get the same in return for his title rematch?  Does that sound like it makes a whole lot of sense to you?

RM:  My understanding is that the setup of the Summer XXXtreme main event had been in the works for some time and would have been that way regardless of who was champion.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 10:36:47 PM by Nick Jones »
>

Offline Nick Jones

• View Profile
    • Nick Jones
Time to Right All of the Wrongs
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 10:36:31 PM »
 Nick:  That's an awfully convenient excuse, but I don't buy it.  Either way, in spite of all of that, I make sure that in the end, the last two men standing in that ring are me and the so-called "champion", Rage.  In the end, not only does he fail to beat me, but he has nothing but blind luck and bullshit officiating to thank for the fact that he still has possession of a title that by all rights should be mine.  So now what?  Now he's bitching because when I was champion he got a second title shot after I beat his ass, yet sees an issue with me getting my rightful one-on-one rematch after he couldn't even get a victory over me in some ridiculous 6-man shit show of a match?  The truth is that deep down inside, Rage knows his luck has run out.  He needed one perfect storm in order to actually beat me, and despite getting everything going his way last time and being allowed to keep my title, he STILL didn't end up walking out of that match with a victory.  Now he knows with the two of us back in this ring, with nobody else around to possibly save his ass, it's all over for him.  By the time Climax Control is off the air, all Rage will be is a little blip in the SCW record books.  Nothing more than a little trivia question years later about what exactly happened with that tiny little hole in the endless SCW Heavyweight Championship reign of Nick Jones.  All that first victory did was create a slight change in the way my reign as champion will be recorded in the books, and all that last non-victory did was delayed the date that my title will have been returned back to me by two weeks.  It's too late for Rage to do anything about it now.  Sunday is just around the corner and his luck has finally run out.

RM:  You alluded to it in your last comments, so why don't you tell us, what are your thoughts about the stipulations for this upcoming match?

Nick:  I couldn't be more thrilled.  There's more than enough evidence out there to simply show that when it comes down to just me and Rage, I'm the better man.  Now there will be no more ridiculous rulings for him to hide behind, and no calvary of creeps running around to save his ass from his impending defeat.  I am finally going to be given the opportunity that I truly deserve, to kick his ass any damn way I want, and enjoy every last second of it as there won't be a single damn person in this entire company who will be able to a single freakin' thing about it.

RM:  Alright then.  Thank you for your time Nick, and best of luck to you on Sunday.

Nick:  Thanks Tatas, and before I go, let me just remind all of you.  And especially you Rage...

Nick turns and stares directly into the camera before finishing.

Nick:  It ain't braggin if you back it up, because I'm not cocky... I'm just the best.  And by the time this week is done, that will be proven by the SCW Heavyweight Championship returning home.

Nick then shoves the microphone away from his face and continues off in the direction he was head earlier.

<hr width=50%>

Nick continues to storm down the hallway until reaching the area where the offices are located.  Nick goes straight for one of the doors and before it can even be seen what the name plate is on it, Nick bursts right through the door, revealing to be, unsurprisingly, the office of SCW Co-President "Hot Stuff" Mark Ward.  Mark is sitting behind his desk and quickly pops out of his seat at the end of someone bursting in, but immediately notices it to be Nick.

HS:  Oh, it's just you.  So what the hell is the problem now, yank?

Nick:  Listen limey, this is not just so random crap I'm here to complain to you about.  Trust me, this is something you seriously are going to want to know about.

HS:  Alright, fine.  What is it then?

Nick:  It's this.

Nick holds up the note he found at his locker earlier.

Nick:  And you need to do something about it now.  Not just for my sake, for all of our sakes.  Yours included by the way.

HS:  What the hell is that?

Nick:  Why don't you see for yourself.

Nick walks over and slams his hand down onto Mark's desk, leaving the note behind in the process.  Mark glares up at Nick before slowly reaching over and grabbing the note.  Mark reads it over and as he does clearly starts to get a little bit annoyed.

HS:  So what do you expect me to do about this nonsense?

Nick:  Oh, I don't know, how about not let this stalking creep ravaging through SCW's backstage area to pull this shit off?

HS:  Is that what you're worried about?  Give me a break.  You think I didn't get stupid supposedly eerie shit like this from him back in the old days?

Nick:  Yeah, and he seemed to have plenty of fun kicking your ass back in those days too.

HS:  Hardy-freakin-har.  That egomaniac isn't exactly going to jump you backstage during some pre-show crap.  If he's ever going to do anything, it'll be in front of as big of an audience as possible.  Truth be told, I doubt he does anything.  He's just messing with your paranoid ass because you decided to sucker punch him while he was in the crowd a couple of weeks back.

Nick:  Yeah, well apparently he wanted to make sure you saw it too.  After all, you were mentioned by name.

HS:  You know what I think of that?

Mark then takes the note and tears it up into a bunch of tiny little pieces, before throwing it up into the air in Nick's direction.

HS:  If it was softer I would've wiped my ass with it instead.  It means nothing.  Don't you think you've got something a little more important to be concentrating on?

Nick:  Don't you worry about me.  This whole Rage situation is over before it's even started, I promise you that.  Regardless of what the final decision might have been, all Summer XXXtreme proved is that he can't beat me.  Now without any of this other bullshit to worry about in this match but him and I, that tiny sliver of hopes he tries to grasp onto all goes away.  By the time Sunday night is over, you'll be looking at the new champ.

HS:  Good.  So then how about instead of wasting my time with this other nonsense, you get the hell out of here and get ready for your match?

Nick:  That's fine by me, just remember if it turns out you're wrong about all of this, you can't say I never warned you.

HS:  Don't you worry about that.  Even if I am wrong, you'd be shocked at how happy that would actually make me.

Nick laughs at that, but upon looking at Mark's face realizes he's dead serious.  Nick ponders that for a moment before subtly nodding his head and turning away.  Nick heads for the door but is stopped just as he's about to walk about by Mark throwing one last comment in his direction.

HS:  Good luck.

Nick turns back to Mark and a big smile comes across his face before he responds.

Nick:  Don't need it.

HS:  Good answer, ya cocky bastard.

Nick:  Hey, I'm not coc...

HS:  Yeah, yeah.  I've heard it a million times.  Get the hell out of here, yank.

Nick laughs and turns back towards the door, walking out and leaving Mark to return to his work as the scene fades to black.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 10:37:12 PM by Nick Jones »
>